Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPoloniumcubes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poloniumcubes
    Posted: September 14 2014 at 07:52

I don't know if an EP of about 27 minutes is enough. There are proper albums of about the same length around.

Poloniumcubes is the side project of Gleb, the pianist of Iamthemorning, and it's excellent. 
Maybe Progressive Electronic and/or Crossover may wish to give it an ear.

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2014 at 10:31
WONDERFUL
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2014 at 11:06
Yeah, 27 minutes is certainly enough, and this is wonderful music to sit back and relax with...But personally I can't see how it really fits onto our site. I don't really see how it could be considered as PE, since it is purely piano-based, and although it could be easily tagged as new age or ambient, and the piano used is almost certainly going to be an electronic one, the style is totally different from the PE artists on here that I have listened to myself. It also has very little 'rock' content, or the pop music influence that might make it a possible candidate for Crossover, so I'm struggling to see where it might be sent for eval to be honest. Ermm
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2015 at 14:51
There's a new realease from Poloniumcubes. Not too different from the previous one, but a new release is enough for a re-evaluation. Eclectic maybe? Same bandcamp link as before.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 12:56
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Yeah, 27 minutes is certainly enough, and this is wonderful music to sit back and relax with...But personally I can't see how it really fits onto our site. I don't really see how it could be considered as PE, since it is purely piano-based, and although it could be easily tagged as new age or ambient, and the piano used is almost certainly going to be an electronic one, the style is totally different from the PE artists on here that I have listened to myself. It also has very little 'rock' content, or the pop music influence that might make it a possible candidate for Crossover, so I'm struggling to see where it might be sent for eval to be honest. Ermm

I'm kind of with David on this one.  It's hauntingly beautiful, but like Sleepwalking Music, there really isn't a lot of rock to this.  It sounds more like something you'd hear on a classical music station and not really in our wheelhouse in my opinion.
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 14:18
It's that I see the connection with iamthemorning. Remove every instrument except piano from the iamthemorning albums and this is what you have.  There's a lot of music that I like which doesn't fit in the site. Sometimes I agree, sometimes not but it's not question of life or death. Anyway I'm happy enough to have shared it with somebody, it doesn't matter if it doesn't come to PA.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 14:33
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

It's that I see the connection with iamthemorning. Remove every instrument except piano from the iamthemorning albums and this is what you have.  There's a lot of music that I like which doesn't fit in the site. Sometimes I agree, sometimes not but it's not question of life or death. Anyway I'm happy enough to have shared it with somebody, it doesn't matter if it doesn't come to PA.

Oh, it's beautiful, that's for certain.  Maybe prog-related?  Might be able to make a case as it does feature established prog musicians in a non-traditional music format.

-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
 Post Reply Post Reply