Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSteve Clark (Australia) for Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Clark (Australia) for Crossover Prog
    Posted: September 21 2014 at 03:03

Steve Clark is a versatile artist whose talents encompass music, art and theatre. His musical style is an unique mix of Progressive rock, Rock and Pop, with a strong accent on story telling and with a lot of atmospheric instrumentals.
Steve has released seven full-lenght albums. http://pippersonproductions.com/Sclarkmusic-Official-Homepage.html

released 20 September 2014

Music based on Ray Bradbury's novel 'The Halloween Tree.' A small group of boys move from one age to the next, searching for their friend Pipkin and observing the customs, symbols and rituals of Halloween. The sixth album released by Steve Clark, 2013.

Fifth album released by Steve Clark. Each 'tale of torment' depicts a theme such as revenge, domination, persecution and rejection. The artist's 'heaviest' work to date. Released 19 December 2012 . All compositions and instrumentation by Steve Clark. 

Forth album released by Steve Clark in 2011. Contains a variety of songs relating to themes of social change and disorder. Released 08 September 2012. Steve Clark plays all instruments. Mastered by Ian Shepherd at Mastering Media Cambridge UK. 

Second album released by Steve Clark in 2011. Explores themes of childhood through a number of imaginary characters. 
"When I'm sad and tired I go down to Pipperson Park..." Released 09 September 2011.

Instrumental music based on the novel 'The Hellbound Heart' by author Clive Barker. Also includes 3 bonus vocal tracks. Released 09 November 2010. All music composed and recorded by Steve Clark. 

First album released by Steve Clark in 2010. A number of the songs relate to the theme of 'flight. Released 09 September 2010. All songs composed and arranged by Steve Clark. 

Edited by Svetonio - September 21 2014 at 08:38
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 16:26
Plenty of variety on offer here - not all of it prog to my ears - but I feel enough of it is to make him a worthwhile addition to the site. The proggier albums are actually very tasty indeed, and I almost wonder whether this artist might border on Eclectic Prog at times? The more mainstream sounding elements of his catalogue will probably mean that Crossover is a good enough fit though, and I see no reason at all why they shouldn't evaluate him. Thumbs Up

Edited by yam yam - September 21 2014 at 16:39
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 17:32
Thank you Yam Yam.
kev rowland View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2015 at 02:43
He was added to the website some three months ago, having been passed by Crossover
All five volumes of The Progressive Underground now available
https://www.amazon.com/Kev-Rowland/e/B07RJVRB2X
 Post Reply Post Reply