Forum Description: Discuss any topic at all that is not music-related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=100382
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 05:06
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Why are you here on P.A.?
Posted By: Kati
Subject: Why are you here on P.A.?
Date Posted: November 21 2014 at 21:38
I was brought here to P.A. by a band, who released an album years ago. However by frequenting this site, reading the forum topics, I found myself drawn in coming back here Big smile Some posts interest me a lot and wake up the passion within me about music whereas I would not be able to find this on any other social network site. Some forum posts so intriguing while others just too darn, dang, damn funny one cannot help but laugh so much, it's hilarious, even at a later stage sometimes while being in inappropriate environments, still feeling like laughing reflecting back to the comments :)
Anyway, enough briefing plus mumbling above, what I meant to say is that I am not a musician, I am a marketing manager for an Enterprise Resource Planning software company.   I had no idea how wonderful and mind opening it would be to here :)

Before you go TO SLEEP!!! Please if you wish tell us the reason you are here or perhaps why you also keep returning to P.A.?
Big hugs to all Hug

Replies:
Posted By: AEProgman
Date Posted: November 21 2014 at 21:48
The MUSIC! 

I lurked in the shadows for years exploring new bands and reviews, but never joined the forum until a couple of years ago.  I still don't know why, as I don't belong to any other social media's or forums.  When I figure out why I am here, I will let you know....LOL.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-------------

Date Posted: November 21 2014 at 22:24
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

The MUSIC! 

I lurked in the shadows for years exploring new bands and reviews, but never joined the forum until a couple of years ago.  I still don't know why, as I don't belong to any other social media's or forums.  When I figure out why I am here, I will let you know....LOL.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hahahahaha!!! Your comment added with your profile pic and your mom Hilary hahaha I cannot stop laughing here hahaha!!!! Hug

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: November 21 2014 at 22:36
Steven Wilson has put in the good word for Radiohead back around 2006.  I was googling Radiohead and came across the site.

I joined as Slartibartfast and started writing album reviews for fun.  "Discovered" the forums a few weeks later.

Interestingly enough, you used to be able to google Slartibartfast or my real name and one of my reviews would be at the top of the search.  I checked and they have fixed that "problem".  Interestingly enough a guy who worked with me at job I had in high school tracked me down here.

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: November 21 2014 at 22:53
Because i'm lonely and have nobody else to talk to. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:02
Because here I can communicate about obscure prog and recieve a sympathetic ear, while in real life, it is a wtf " what planet are you from" response, or just plain indifference.LOL
                            Also because I am single, live alone, and get a little lonely in my bachelor apartment sometimes, and PA has on it some really nice people to communicate with.Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:11
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Horizons I have no idea why you could possibly be single and lonely. We have spoken before 2 years ago maybe via pm on a music related topic, I remember this so well. You seem so mature for your age too, you were so nice and deep charming too, had no idea you are only 19 years old :) You are a dream! The only reason you are alone to me must be that you need to get out more, leave the virtual world that keeps dragging us in, leave it for a tiny bit. You are charming and very endearing sweet, a dream for any girl really Hug.

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:13
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Because here I can communicate about obscure prog and recieve a sympathetic ear, while in real life, it is a wtf " what planet are you from" response, or just plain indifference.LOL
                            Also because I am single, live alone, and get a little lonely in my bachelor apartment sometimes, and PA has on it some really nice people to communicate with.Thumbs Up

hahaha Presdoug, that's scary Shocked you are my mirror image hahahaha ..,. all you said I second that too LOL big hug to you Hug

Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:15
4 da hot bitches 

But srs to hang out in the shred with my interweb cronies and post my musical opinions and read others' musical opinions and see what's going on in prog world and what people are listening to.  

-------------
https://gabebuller.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - New album!
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:21
Originally posted by irrelevant irrelevant wrote:

4 da hot bitches 

But srs to hang out in the shred with my interweb cronies and post my musical opinions and read others' musical opinions and see what's going on in prog world and what people are listening to.  

hahahahaha!!!! Irrelevant, you make me laugh so much hahaha!!!!! Always hahaha!! 4 tha hot biatches, as you mentioned, you might be on the wrong site tho'. Lot's of hot grumpies on here tho' Wink 
The main reason yes the same as most of us on here too, the moozik Approve
hahaha you are so funny xxxHug

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:25
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

4 da hot bitches 

hahahahaha!!!! Irrelevant, you make me laugh so much hahaha!!!!! Always hahaha!! 4 tha hot biatches, as you mentioned, you might be on the wrong site tho'. Lot's of hot grumpies on here tho' Wink 
Kati has been thanked for their Post 
Thank you! Big smile and hugs backHug

-------------
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Posted By: twseel
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:35

4 da hot bitches 

make that 5

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:35

4 da hot bitches 

Kati has been thanked for their Post 
Thank you! Big smile and hugs backHug

Hahaha thank you very much, Irrelevant Hug
Have a listen to to Peter Gabriel here (woman in prog) it very funny too everything :) now there are much more women that like prog, maybe partly to Steven Wilson etc. Have a look/listen to this Big smile mhwoaahhxxx

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 00:42
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

4 da hot bitches 

make that 5
two loonies among others LOLHug

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 01:13

Hahaha thank you very much, Irrelevant Hug
Have a listen to to Peter Gabriel here (woman in prog) it very funny too everything :) now there are much more women that like prog, maybe partly to Steven Wilson etc. Have a look/listen to this Big smile mhwoaahhxxx
haha cool, good speech

-------------

Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 01:51
I came here because I wanted to catch up on my music. Between 1995 and 2005 I lost track of prog and metal that I love before then. PA seemed a good place to start a 'come back'. Before I knew it, I found not only music and fun, but also friendship and in some cases even personal support. That keeps me coming back, even if at times I am away for months or only lurking.

P.S. this is the best off topic topic of the year.

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 02:07
Many reasons why I lurk in this dark corner of the web.....
PA is a comprehensive guide and reliable resource when it comes to making purchasing choices.
Highly informative on obscure, lost and (almost) forgotten albums.
I also get to converse with many wonderful folks from around the globe, share opinions, advice (even non-music related), plus it's very handy to get a heads-up on what's new, especially in the world of vinyl.
And again, what means the most is just being in the cyber-company of like-minded people, whose passion is the wonderful gift of Prog.
And coz Kati is ace

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 03:03
I'm here because I get bored and want to have a meaningful conversation, but wind up typing trash zero-value posts.

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 03:06
'cos Steven Wilson.

-------------

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 06:05
I joined one very hot August weekend, over 9 years ago, and little did I know that this site would have a hand in changing my life. A few months later, I met the man who is now my husband (also known as MickySmile) when working for the Symphonic Prog Team. In spite of many ups and downs (the most serious of which led me to leave PA for four years), I am glad I joined, and happy to be back.

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 06:43
I originally came here because I was getting sick of the Zappa forum and was looking for a new place to hang out.  I come back as often as I do primarily because I've made friends with a lot of people and enjoy hanging out here with them.  But also I just love talking about music - specifically, I love finding new bands I wouldn't have found otherwise, and turning others onto bands they wouldn't have found otherwise.  Ironically, most of the great bands I find out about here are not even prog bands; I thank the "General Music Discussions" for that.  But the main reason is I like the people here.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 07:00

I came here 'cos after many years of ignoring it, I rediscovered 'Prog' and started to listen to all the old records in my collection and listening to new stuff I missed out on from 70s groups.  THis mainly came about when I started listening to Krautrock and first through the writings of St Julian and then by further searches I found PA.  I felt sure that I would find new interesting bands here and that secondly, the folks that haunt the forum would almost certainly not just be interested in prog but, like me, have broader varied tastes in music.  All of this has proved to be true .  Oh, and it's fun being around here. Tongue

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Posted By: Smurph
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 07:14
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and im all out of gum.

But also because compared to anyone I know personally IRL I'm a musical encyclopedia of stuff but on here there are some that know of more bands than I do and im always wanting to learn more. :)

And eventually after a long time on the shred I happened upon some great friends. Oh shred

-------------
http://pseudosentai.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - http://pseudosentai.bandcamp.com/

wtf

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 07:26
I came looking for bands that sounded like Dream Theater.

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 08:41
I was young and foolish.

Posted By: zappaholic
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 08:44
Because what else am I gonna do?

In all fairness I don't post much anymore - my enthusiasm seems to be at a low ebb, but who knows, it may come back.....

-------------
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 08:47
I'm not a man of many words, but prog is at least one of those few things I like to talk about.

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 08:51
Came for the music, stayed for the food. 

Met some really cool people.  Feel I am doing some small part to give back to the music community who have given me such joy since I was a little kid with my first transistor radio. Heart

-------------

Posted By: twalsh
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:15
I was lucky to find this site in the summer and quickly got excited by the vast amount of info on bands in styles of music in styles I actually liked. I haven't had a musical community to speak of since the nineties and was surviving on old metal and grunge, the occasional blues artist (ten times better live!) and dribs'n'drabs of good hard rock and indie rock that made it to radio. Sadly, most of my friend are into pop or jazz that's too mellow.

I'm not lonely, just separated from my musical tribe. People here seem pretty cool and nerdy in an area I appreciate nerdiness.

-------------
More heavy prog, please!

Posted By: Tuzvihar
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:24
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

The MUSIC! 

That's it! I found this site more than 10 years ago (oh gosh, is it that long ago?!) when looking for info about VDGG. And I liked it  here. I discovered a lot of great music. I made some friends. And developed a successfull career. Tongue

Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

That's one of the reasons as well. Actually, I joined the forum as a part of my psychotherapy. Tongue

-------------
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:24
I was looking for the Justin Bieber fansite, inadvertently stumbled into here in a drunken stupor, and nobody will give me directions on how to get out, so like the Griswolds in European Vacation I just keep going round and round in a circle and can't find my way out.

-------------

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:25
...that and that stuff about liking the music and staying for the food and the progpanionship.

-------------

Posted By: Tuzvihar
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:25
Originally posted by Smurph Smurph wrote:

I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and im all out of gum.

http://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeux/d/u/duke-nukem-3d-atomic-edition/xl/duke-nukem-3d-atomic-ed-514c48266d18b.jpg

Big smile

-------------
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:32
The quality of the doobage laying around the collab lounge is exquisite. 

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:40
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I was looking for the Justin Bieber fansite, inadvertently stumbled into here in a drunken stupor, and nobody will give me directions on how to get out, so like the Griswolds in European Vacation I just keep going round and round in a circle and can't find my way out.
Got it bookmarked daddy-o

http://www.justinbieberzone.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.justinbieberzone.com/

-------------

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:43
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Got it bookmarked daddy-o

http://www.justinbieberzone.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.justinbieberzone.com/

If that's where you were looking for I suspect that there is only One Direction out of here!  Big smile

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:46
Steve, your musical taste rocks....plus you're the only human I know who saw D. Boon in the flesh so you've attained some semi mythical status Wink

-------------

Posted By: timothy leary
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:59
I came looking for Buckethead. Surely he must have done one prog album.

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:15
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Steve, your musical taste rocks....plus you're the only human I know who saw D. Boon in the flesh so you've attained some semi mythical status Wink
EmbarrassedSmile  you're too kind, jim.  You have taught me so much and have left your personal stamp on this site as much as anyone else here I can think of.  Thanks.

D Boon Forever Cry

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:25
I joined because three of my close friends were long time members that split with PA. So, I wanted to see why. I've gleaned a few ideas over the year.

Oh, and fill in some missing later day album reviews by Roy Harper. It was a sacred duty. LOL

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:26
It's a prog forum so I'm came here to meet women, of course

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:29
^So....how's that working out for you?

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:33
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I joined because three of my close friends were long time members that split with PA. So, I wanted to see why. I've gleaned a few ideas over the year.

Oh, and fill in some missing later day album reviews by Roy Harper. It was a sacred duty. LOL

Haha, so when are you splitting then? Wink

-------------
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:34
^Time will tell. Wink

-------------

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:54
I rediscovered prog around a decade ago and a friend was a similar Crimson fanatic recommended Prog Ears to me. From there someone recommended PA for reviews. I used it primarily to check out reviews to start with. I joined the forums to talk music, make friends, and do stupid polls. Now I mainly spread the Avant gospel.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:11
I am taking up space that is for sale. Big smile

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:17
^We don't buy and sell human beings. Just their souls. Evil Smile

-------------

Posted By: Metalmarsh89
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:34
For all da hugs Kati gives. Cry those are tears of joy dammit Embarrassed

-------------
Want to play mafia? Visit http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com" rel="nofollow - here .

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:39

^Time will tell. Wink

Hehe. We'll launch the 'Why are you leaving PA' discussion only in 2019, Steve.

-------------

Posted By: timothy leary
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:56
You can never leave PA

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94007

Posted By: Meltdowner
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:03
^ LOL

Posted By: Polymorphia
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:17
I'm on PA? Woah.

-------------
https://dreamwindow.bandcamp.com/releases" rel="nofollow - My Music

Posted By: Gerinski
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:19
I have some trouble relating to other humans in real life, but I don't want to isolate myself completely either, I try to keep a reasonable balance between social relation and living on my own. A good thing of an internet forum is that I can say something when I feel like it and when I don't feel like it I can stop without having to give any explanations. And I don't like forums or chats about stupid or trivial things, in the last years I have only engaged in 2 forums, 'physicsforums' and PA, since science and prog are two things I enjoy. But my presence here is erratic, there are times when I'm more hooked and times when I feel I need to have more 'external life' and I disappear for a while.

Ah, and in the beginning, being Spanish I thought I would contribute with some reviews of Spanish Prog albums in order to increase the site's knowledge base, I always like exchanging knowledge, I love being able to get knowledge from others for free and so I feel good if I can give some of my little knowledge to others for free.

It's a nice and funny site, where the owner M@x doesn't give much more than a small morning Sh*t and it is actually kept alive by the volunteer members, this makes it a bit special IMHO.

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:50
Because I like Progressive Rock. Tongue

Alas, here, on this forum, I met the fans... Shocked Pinch Confused Unhappy Cry Angry Dead

Posted By: Permy
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 14:44
To hang with the prog/psych noobs.

Maybe someone will take me for a 14 year old as well.

By the way, is there a age-cutoff in force here, like on other forums that dont want 10 year-olds showing off the 14 year olds?

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 14:48
I lost my keys in here back in 09. I'm still searching for them.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Argonaught
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:12
Well, one has to be somewhere .. pretty much all the time .. right?

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:27
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Correct...especially the ones with large cans..

For listening to music, man get your heads outta the gutter boyz!! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:36

hahahaha!!!! haha!!! I just spilled my drink LOL

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:41

Justin Bieber is a boy not a girl or ermm... Stern Smile maybe you knowingly were looking for that baby boy Big smile 
Hug

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:51
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

EmbarrassedHug
"Words are flowing out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly
as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting through my opened mind"

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:03
why am I here?

Why did I come originally and why did I come back.

Like some it seems I had a lost years syndrome with prog while I was digging all that great music of the 80's and 90's. I guess I instinctively knew Neo sucked ass and wasn't for me.

However one day I was sitting a stop light listening to some radio station and Yours is no Disgrace comes on... and I totally lost myself. In memories as it was a favorite album of my fathers, and of course Squire's bitchin' bass lines.  So naturally I hit the gas when the light turned green... problem was... it was the left turn lane.. and I wasn't it it.  I didn't care.. I just zoomed through through the intersection. That was my the start of my current love affair with prog.

As my first marriage was also going down the toilet I started f**king around on the internet more ... and found myself on the old DDD site when I found myself working with some cool people attempting to rank all things progressive. Bands albums etc along with other interests I had such as bass playing, Motown etc.

So after some years there who should wander in.. but a certain symphonic master of blue font.. who posted a bit but found the site a bit dry. However in leaving he must have recognized a kindred spirit and invited me to join a site where he posted.  I said what the hell... and joined and was soon drafted into the collab ranks.

the rest I suppose is PA's history (and infamy).  I do wonder if he ever regreted inviting me. While friends, we did make the most vibrant of adversaries.  We could match each other not only in knowledge.. but the more imporant fine points of stubborness, refusal to give an inch, and in deviousnous hahha.

As far as I why I came back... 99% of the discussions either are silly or rehashes of many previous topics done years ago.. it really is the people. There are some really neat and interesting people here, some I have met, still many others I really do hope to get to meet some day. Especially the master of the blue font. We will toast the first drink to Jon Lord LOL

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:12

EmbarrassedHug
They slither wildly

Thanks Kati, one of my fave Beatle tracks.  I remember how much Ringo hated that trip to India, he was miserable and couldn't wait to get home.  LOL

-------------

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:27
I discovered Traffic in the fall of 2004 (at the age of 45 - far too late Angry) when one of my younger brothers gave me a nth-hand copy of John Barleycorn Must Die. I loved it and wanted to know more of the band, so I consulted a searching engine. The first hit I found worth clicking was a site called http://www.progarchives.com" rel="nofollow - progarchives.com . I remember I enjoyed reading the reviews and the band/artist entries, and listening to mp3 streaming samples, but at first I did not pay much attention to the forums. Nevertheless PA proved to be an excellent source to improve my knowledge of prog after a 12-year gap.
Slowly I became more interested in the content of the forums and in May 2008, some 43 months after my first visit to the site, I felt that the time was (over)ripe to sign up.

I have learnt a lot of prog releases since then and discovered a lot of artists that I really liked of which I had not heard before. To mention a few names: Neal Morse, Big Big Train, Gnidrolog, Hamadryad, Echolyn, Discipline, Anekdoten. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:53
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

EmbarrassedHug
They slither wildly

Thanks Kati, one of my fave Beatle tracks.  I remember how much Ringo hated that trip to India, he was miserable and couldn't wait to get home.  LOL

Finnforest, Hug my pleasure really SmileOne of the best things they ever did! They wrote many songs for the white album there and especially Dear Prudence, which also happens to be Mia Farrow's sister Big smile 
Big hug to you Hug

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:15
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

You can never leave PA http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94007 

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:21
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

You can never leave PA http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94007 

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

hahaha Argonaut, I just saw that too haha HugLOL Thus what is said in Vegas (aka P.A.) does not stay in Vegas Stern Smile
Just in case I say something I might regret (I have no shame thus doubt it will ever happen) I'll just say that some fat very clever Jewish dude high jacked my account Big smile
Another hug Hug

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:22
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

PA is a comprehensive guide and reliable resource when it comes to making purchasing choices.
I also get to converse with many wonderful folks from around the globe, share opinions, advice (even non-music related), plus it's very handy to get a heads-up on what's new, especially in the world of vinyl.
And again, what means the most is just being in the cyber-company of like-minded people, whose passion is the wonderful gift of Prog.
And coz Kati is ace

^this.....Tom basically summed up why I'm here.
Smile

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:27
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

And coz Kati is ace

Smile
Oh wow awww Tom and dr wu23 are my ultimate fav bunnies, the cute hugging cutchy cutchy Heart love too much ones! Thank you very much, Dr Wu23 and Tom Ozric mhwoaaahhxxx and group hug Hug
P.S. The rest too said here, ditto Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:41

And coz Kati is ace

Smile
Oh wow awww Tom and dr wu23 are my ultimate fav bunnies, the cute hugging cutchy cutchy Heart love too much ones! Thank you very much, Dr Wu23 and Tom Ozric mhwoaaahhxxx and group hug Hug

Dr Wu23, you are too fab and prog to have limitations Approve
Anyway, somehow I felt compelled to share this with you Big smile
Big hug Hug

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:50

Me and my records spend a lot of quality time together in this big empty house.  Of course, I find that if you're able to carry on a conversation with yourself then you're never truly alone.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:51
^^ OMG !! That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 18:45

debatable

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 18:51
It's easy for me to forget that I lurked on here for 4 years. Scourged the sub-genre pages and hoped to find good music. I was already into a bit of prog before then and enhanced my knowledge, I didn't join until I was 16. I posted a bit, disappeared for a few months, and then, one winter, I came back and stepped into the Shred, which is probably why I've stuck around while my interest in prog wanes and waxes.

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 22:31
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Alas, here, on this forum, I met the fans... Shocked Pinch Confused Unhappy Cry Angry Dead

The fans? Is that a prog band? Are those all the members there?

-------------
Want to play mafia? Visit http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com" rel="nofollow - here .

Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 08:35
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.?

-------------

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 09:44

And coz Kati is ace

Smile

Dr Wu23, you are too fab and prog to have limitations Approve
Anyway, somehow I felt compelled to share this with you Big smile
Big hug Hug

Smile Thanks for that but.....

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 11:42

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

The fans? Is that a prog band? Are those all the members there?

WE'RE ALL IN IT TOGETHER. Stern Smile

Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 12:42

debatable
whether or not it's debatable is debatable.

-------------

Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 12:44
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

debatable
no it isn't

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 13:12

debatable
no it isn't
debatable Shocked

Next topic: Why are you here on "Why are you here on PA?"

-------------

Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 13:39
^..........just because !!

Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 13:41
This isn't me, tis but a hologram.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Rick Robson
Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 14:01
Just because of my love for the music.Smile

-------------

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: November 25 2014 at 11:28
I was bored one lunchtime & Google'd 'progressive rock' which led me to this place - at the time, I think I was about the 15th member of the forum (this was back in February 2004).

Over the years, I've made some genuine friends here (including one from Canada my wife and I have been on several vacations to see).

Great site.

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Walton Street
Date Posted: November 25 2014 at 11:45
You know how people from another country try to struggle to learn their new language ... but are able to relax with friends and family and speak their mother tongue when they're finally back home?

I feel like that.  being a fossil in my 50's, I rarely find anyone who speaks my musical language.
I still try to explore what's current, but it's rare that I can find anything to really sink my teeth into.
I hardly have exposure to people my own age let alone ones that listened to what I did in the 70's

Found this site VIA a google search looking for something completely different and thought it would be cool to yak about my most powerful love (after my kid) and found to my dismay that despite my fanatical devotion for the bands I grew up with - I apparently know very little of the genre in comparison to everyone else.

So now i'm here to talk about Genesis, Van Der Graaf, Tangerine Dream, Marillion, Strawbs, etc,  but also to find out what I've missed out on.

meeting like minded souls is always fun ...

Posted By: Roland113
Date Posted: November 25 2014 at 12:32
Originally posted by Walton Street Walton Street wrote:

You know how people from another country try to struggle to learn their new language ... but are able to relax with friends and family and speak their mother tongue when they're finally back home?

I feel like that.  being a fossil in my 50's, I rarely find anyone who speaks my musical language.
I still try to explore what's current, but it's rare that I can find anything to really sink my teeth into.
I hardly have exposure to people my own age let alone ones that listened to what I did in the 70's

Found this site VIA a google search looking for something completely different and thought it would be cool to yak about my most powerful love (after my kid) and found to my dismay that despite my fanatical devotion for the bands I grew up with - I apparently know very little of the genre in comparison to everyone else.

So now i'm here to talk about Genesis, Van Der Graaf, Tangerine Dream, Marillion, Strawbs, etc,  but also to find out what I've missed out on.

Welcome home my friend.  The good thing about any kind of reunion is that there's so much to catch up on and really, that whole conversation combining 'catching up' with 'reminiscing' can really give you a great feeling.  Enjoy your reimersion and welcome.

-------------
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.

Date Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:45
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

Originally posted by Walton Street Walton Street wrote:

Welcome home my friend.  The good thing about any kind of reunion is that there's so much to catch up on and really, that whole conversation combining 'catching up' with 'reminiscing' can really give you a great feeling.  Enjoy your reimersion and welcome.
Yeah, we're very understanding of people who've been out of the prog loop for a while and may not be hip to everything that's happening nowadays.  I think your natural curiosity will lead you where you want and need to go, and anyone here will be glad to answer any questions you have.  I for one would also enjoy hearing your old war stories.  I'm just a young cat in my 40s ;o)

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: November 26 2014 at 17:36

Next topic: Why are you here on "Why are you here on PA?" 

Which reminds me of Jazz Music Archives, where I haven't done anything for a while. Moving on to JMA for now .. 

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: November 29 2014 at 19:08
A friend of mine told me about when I was just starting to get into prog seriously, so I joined to get lots of music and talk music, esp since in real life it always goes like:
"I love music"
"Cool, what are you into?"
"Uhhhhhhh" or "....you won't know it"  or "I'm not even sure how to begin explaining"

Nor do I need the shocked looks of people when saying a song is 10 minutes (or 40!) long

I joined in 2005 under a diff name, didn't really post much, forgot my password, didn't bother for months, made a new name and the rest is history. 
Besides tons of good music, did make some good friends, a few I met in real life, but the rest I still try to stay in contact with through the social medias

Date Posted: November 30 2014 at 01:38
this reminds me of a place i used to know

-------------

Date Posted: December 04 2014 at 16:55
I'm here because I can't delete my account.

-------------

Posted By: bhikkhu
Date Posted: December 04 2014 at 17:27

I'm here because I can't delete my account.

Me either! Angry That's why I had to come back.

I originally came here because there was absolutely no one around with whom I could have discussions about this music. 

I came back because I missed you guys. Big smile

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

http://riekels.wordpress.com" rel="nofollow - http://riekels.wordpress.com

Posted By: MillsLayne
Date Posted: December 04 2014 at 18:27
I like prog, sports and video games, and this forum gives me the ability to talk about all of those!

-------------
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbox/user/MillsLayne/" rel="nofollow">

ht

Posted By: Kentucky_Hawkwindage
Date Posted: December 22 2014 at 20:38
I'm here cause there's no one at work with whom i can talk about music(be it prog,heavy metal or classic rock).
Lately i've just been voting in polls and not saying much,i can keep out of trouble better that way.....

-------------
"Nobody's Gonna Change My World That's Something To Unreal"   Lyrics that i live my life by-from Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy's track You Won't Change Me

Date Posted: December 22 2014 at 20:47

This isn't me, tis but a hologram.
HolyMoly Smile btw your hologram is quite hot Big smileApprove ahum yep yes da jaja si sim.... Hug

Posted By: *frinspar*
Date Posted: December 24 2014 at 13:05
I found PA when looking for prog to listen to so I could expand my library and knowledge. Joined the forums thinking I knew even a little something about music and to have my say about it, but found out that even through today I still know nothing.  LOL So, I don't say much and skulk around the forums looking for scraps to feed on, only occasionally saying something stupid in the general discussion areas. Wink

Date Posted: December 24 2014 at 14:06
I dunno, maybe I should leave while it's still safe Tongue

-------------

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: December 24 2014 at 14:22
because I love hot sexy men who are into prog.  LOL

Posted By: ClemofNazareth
Date Posted: December 24 2014 at 14:40
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

because I love hot sexy men who are into prog.  LOL

Been meaning to say 'hi' and 'welcome back' Raff. I missed you and your unique brand of wit

-------------
"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk