Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=100388
Printed Date: April 29 2024 at 03:50
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: PA's Top 5 Albums From 2014
Posted By: Xonty
Subject: PA's Top 5 Albums From 2014
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:16
Out of the 4 I've heard, Iamthemorning just about pips IQ. "Os Lunatum" is my favourite song of the year, and there's some great material on that album. Won't vote until I've heard them all though

Anyone know where I can listen to Corvus Stone II by the way? Smile

Replies:
Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:30
Originally posted by Xonty Xonty wrote:

Well... you could check their web site, Youtube, Facebook - it's not like it is impossible to find. Wink

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Posted By: LearsFool
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:32
Of these, Logos. The way iamthemorning pips IQ for you, Logos pips IQ for me.

Posted By: O666
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:36
Hard Poll for me but I pick OPETH in this time!

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:51
I have 3 of 5 so no vote, but I really enjoy those 3 and would have a hard time picking one.
I have Opeth, IQ and Logos

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: Kati
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:57
Originally posted by Xonty Xonty wrote:

Out of the 4 I've heard, Iamthemorning just about pips IQ. "Os Lunatum" is my favourite song of the year, and there's some great material on that album. Won't vote until I've heard them all though

Hello Xonty Smile you can listen to them via this link: http://www.corvusstone.com/corvus-stone-ii.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.corvusstone.com/corvus-stone-ii.html  scroll down and you find a player with all the tracks from their latest album on the left and another player of their previous album on the right. Hugs

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 11:18
Out of this batch IQ by far!! I don't understand the love for Corvus Stone; I find it disjointed and too fragmented! The Opeth album is good as well, but IMO it lacks the punch of other releases. The iamthemorning album is good but to me sounds like Tori Amos, but without the spark.

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: BrufordFreak
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 11:19
Voted Belighted though all are great. 

MY personal fave of the year is coming down to four albums:

Antoine Fafard's Ad Perpetuum (Jazz Fusion)
Syd Arthur's Sound Mirror (Crossover)
Kant Freud Kafka's No tengas miedo (Symphonic)
Seven Impale's City of The Sun (whatever VDGG and Discipline are)

-------------
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 11:35
It's often during these kinds of polls that i realise just how much difference there is between the folks from the frontpage and the ones frequenting the forum. I guess this will show itself again when we get to the collaborator's 2014 album.

I'm not that crazy about any of these tbh, but I did enjoy the new Logos more than any of the others listed.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Meltdowner
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 11:41
^ Exactly! I can't wait for that list Smile
Voted for Logos as well, awesome album

Posted By: tboyd1802
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:08
Of this group, easy choice for me, Opeth. None of the other releases have really resonated with me.

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:14
Originally posted by Wanorak Wanorak wrote:

Out of this batch IQ by far!! I don't understand the love for Corvus Stone; I find it disjointed and too fragmented! The Opeth album is good as well, but IMO it lacks the punch of other releases. The iamthemorning album is good but to me sounds like Tori Amos, but without the spark.

I don't understand why you are angry. Music should be fun, always! It doesn't matter what your music preference is.

P.A. is not the only site to check if a band is much liked, it's good for reviews and discover new music, that's it. All you have to do is i.e. check amazon hot new releases and amazon best sellers top albums of all times.

This is very silly, really! 

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:14
None of these interest me, unfortunately. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:15
^This.

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:26
Logos just a hair ahead of Iamthemorning. 

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:30
IQ, more'n likely.

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:38

I don't understand the love for Corvus Stone; I find it disjointed and too fragmented!

Yet you gave it a 4-star rating. I guess an album must be extremely good to match your criteria ;-)

-------------
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Posted By: odinalcatraz
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:44
Smile
I want to give a big shout out for Opeth. LOVE that band and maybe this new one more than most. As for Corvus Stone? Well I find it easy listening. I get a bit bored with music that is the same as but slightly better than or worse than the same thing done 1000 times by others. Only Opeth sound like Opeth to me and that makes them special!

-------------
http://www.corvusstone.com

Posted By: timothy leary
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:49
I want to give a shout out for Solaris which I personally like better than the current top 5 albums. Can anybody hear me?

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:58
I want to downgrade my rating for Corvus Stone to 3 stars after listening to it a lot. It is good but lacks cohesion and meanders too much. It also lacks anything I would call memorable, other than Moaning Lisa. So, yes I rushed to judgement too quickly and gave it fours stars. I will remedy that as soon as the site allows me to. It seems to be having problems this week:(

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 12:59
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

I don't understand the love for Corvus Stone; I find it disjointed and too fragmented!

Yet you gave it a 4-star rating. I guess an album must be extremely good to match your criteria ;-)

*sigh*

Why do people think that 3* means "this is awful"

-------------

Posted By: bloodnarfer
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:06
The IQ , Opeth and iamthemorning releases weren't really my thing. Haven't listened to the others; don't know much about them.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/ramza1316" rel="nofollow - www.last.fm/user/ramza1316
https://open.spotify.com/user/1211221845" rel="nofollow - https://open.spotify.com/user/1211221845

I want to downgrade my rating for Corvus Stone to 3 stars after listening to it a lot. It is good but lacks cohesion and meanders too much. It also lacks anything I would call memorable, other than Moaning Lisa. So, yes I rushed to judgement too quickly and gave it fours stars. I will remedy that as soon as the site allows me to. It seems to be having problems this week:(

I'm really sorry to read that Wanorak.
No idea if you bought the album but I already know that it takes time to know it. I hope it somehow clicks in the future!

-------------

Posted By: Polymorphia
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

None of these interest me, unfortunately. 

-------------
https://dreamwindow.bandcamp.com/releases" rel="nofollow - My Music

Posted By: progrockdeepcuts
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:22
Where is Knifeworld, Ut Gret, Necromonkey, Sonar, Univers Zero, Atomic Ape, etc etc?

-------------

Listen to older shows here: mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:25

Pity. It sticks in your head after listening a couple of times per day for a month, if you're willing to spend the time. Oh well, opinions are subjective and we're al entitled to our own. I know, because I can't stand Jon Anderson's voice. Wink

-------------

Posted By: moreitsythanyou
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:28
I've listened to all 5 and they were all okay but not spectacular. 

Picked LogoS

-------------
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 13:35
Damn!
I wish I had time to listen to everything like I used to. I must make that a rule for 2015. Or is it 16?

-------------

Posted By: Imperial Zeppelin
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 14:54
IQ. The others don't do much for me, except for Opeth because I haven't given it a listen yet.

-------------
"Hey there, Dog Man, now I drink from your bowl."

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:14
I have heard four of these. All good albums. Only Pale Communion has not reached my ears.
The Corvus Stone album can be listened https://mrrcorvusstone.bandcamp.com/album/corvus-stone-ii" rel="nofollow - here (on their bandcamp page).

Two albums from this list candidate for my top 10 of this year. If I should post it right now, Belighted would be on #6 and L'Enigma della Vita on #7.

So I vote for the Russian outfit. Great album!

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:18
Originally posted by progrockdeepcuts progrockdeepcuts wrote:

Where is Knifeworld, Ut Gret, Necromonkey, Sonar, Univers Zero, Atomic Ape, etc etc?

Well the poll is called PAs top 5 albums, and these are currently the ones occupying the top 5. Simple really.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:22
Originally posted by progrockdeepcuts progrockdeepcuts wrote:

You'll very probably find in my own personal Best of 2014 - provided I have the time to write one Wink...

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:33
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

*sigh*

Why do people think that 3* means "this is awful"
Because too many albums are overrated In PA with 4 and 5 star ratings. But I think this has been mentioned a few (hundred) times already in other threads.

I feel that Horizons' ratings are pretty fair, myself.

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:57
My what

-------------

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:05
To be honest, a lot of prog albums you need to give it a few spins. Yes I respect first impressions, I too have that, however with so many albums being released it's impossible to listen to all of them or dedicate much time to each one. Major bands will always have the upper-hand, this is fair too sometimes.  However, the internet in this case is not helpful, because I remember the time when I used to save all my pocket money to buy an album and once I got it I enjoyed it to the fullest.
What I don't like is putting the small label artist's down just for the sake of it. I doubt there is a band who use their own personal funds to release something that they have not put all their heart into it.
Critique all you want in a review, this makes sense otherwise it's an unpleasant experience for others and not nice.

Posted By: Rick Robson
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:27
I'm 'foreseeing' another RPI "boom!" for the sake of Progressive Rock hahahah , LOGOS all the way!

-------------

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:49
The Road of Bones is probably the best album of this millenium so far.

Pale Communion is very good, the Logos and I am the Morning albums aren't bad, but I really don't like Corvus Stone at all.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 16:53
OPeth for sure.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Daysbetween
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:13
Voted Opeth with Logos a close second but neither will be my album of the year.

Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:45

Wanorak, it's a pity you changed your mind however even 3 star rating is not bad at all to be honest. We all differ in music taste and this is a good thing too.

Posted By: The Bearded Bard
Date Posted: November 22 2014 at 19:49
Haven't listened to any of them, yet, but I'll probably have checked them all out by the end of January.

-------------

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 10:28
I only have two of the albums , IQ and Corvus Stone. I'm amazed that Dream The Electric Sleep - Heretics is not making the top five buy hey ho. IQ's album is well overrated and I can say that as a long time IQ fan. Disc One is fairly uninspired 3 star stuff while the bonus disc admittedly rescues it somewhat and could be rated 4 stars on its on although that is not the main disc.
Corvus Stone are creating something unique and should be judged on their own terms. Instead many are trying to shoehorn it into their own idea of what prog should be. Prog should fly and be challenging. It veers all over the place and maybe it lacks direction but I like it just the way it is. Its a lot of fun you know (yep prog can be fun!!)

Posted By: Olape
Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 12:06
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

Voted Opeth with Logos a close second but neither will be my album of the year.

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: November 23 2014 at 13:01
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I only have two of the albums , IQ and Corvus Stone. I'm amazed that Dream The Electric Sleep - Heretics is not making the top five buy hey ho. IQ's album is well overrated and I can say that as a long time IQ fan. Disc One is fairly uninspired 3 star stuff while the bonus disc admittedly rescues it somewhat and could be rated 4 stars on its on although that is not the main disc.
Corvus Stone are creating something unique and should be judged on their own terms. Instead many are trying to shoehorn it into their own idea of what prog should be. Prog should fly and be challenging. It veers all over the place and maybe it lacks direction but I like it just the way it is. Its a lot of fun you know (yep prog can be fun!!)

Big smile
Sorry but I couldn't resist commenting on this!
Something tells me that if everyone liked what we do straight away, it would have been a failure in a way. It would probably have meant we had become derivative of something or even ourselves. Some love it and that's a great thing. We must go forth and forth and even fifth!
That was fun to read Mr H!

-------------

Posted By: Mormegil
Date Posted: November 24 2014 at 05:48
IQ, followed by Corvus Stone.

-------------
Welcome to the middle of the film.

Date Posted: November 27 2014 at 02:59
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

The Road of Bones is probably the best album of this millenium so far.

Pale Communion is very good, the Logos and I am the Morning albums aren't bad, but I really don't like Corvus Stone at all.
What is it with bands etc and Corvus Stone?!
This is becoming too silly really even for me and I am as silly as one can be really Smile 

I like Road of Bones, infact I shared a review by Tszirmay (one of my ultimate favorite plus so much fun to read reviewers ever) which had zero fb likes at the time copied below here:
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Wow! Aww Unhappy This doesn’t seem fair to me, one review posted in May with no facebook likes? The other review posted just 2 or 3 days ago has 28 fb shares/likes?! Love or hate fb the fact is that this social network site has many active fans, band and music group pages.

Writing reviews like this is an art form that requires a high level of skill and imagination. You can see and feel a lot of thought, time and effort have been put in writing these articulate reviews.

Both reviews are a gem and like many other ProgArchives collaborator review's they deserve to be shared far and wide onto sites like facebook etc for other fellow moozik aficionados to appreciate them too.

Hugs

Like Corvus Stone or not that's your prerogative, of course, the fact is that they are happy to be here on ProgArchives.
In order to show that this band is liked by some, I am posting here a printscreen of the rating at the time on Amazon (4th all time best sellers and number 1 hot new releases) sales by just one source here, however Amazon is legit too among others sites. Bands struggle very hard, all bands.

This band is just happy to be here, they do NOT think they are the greatest, far from this. Please stop hating on them. Cry 

Date Posted: November 27 2014 at 03:22
One thing this band has fans, i.e. the reviews on here are real and if you carefully look at them, none of them went further as to rate other bands low. Smile

Date Posted: November 27 2014 at 03:50
To be fair Sonia, he only said that he doesn't like the band. Everyone states something along those lines over the forum at some point. I remember you saying the same about punk
I mean, if we can't express our opinions, positive and negative, then this whole thing becomes one big pat on the shoulder. We're all individualist here with different tastes, opinions and musical preferences.

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: November 27 2014 at 03:57
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

To be fair Sonia, he only said that he doesn't like the band. Everyone states something along those lines over the forum at some point. I remember you saying the same about punk
I mean, if we can't express our opinions, positive and negative, then this whole thing becomes one big pat on the shoulder. We're all individualist here with different tastes, opinions and musical preferences.

Awww Guldbamsen, true, maybe I overacted, this could be true, the thing is that people vote and somehow after voting their favorites the only band they mention in a negative manner is CS the underdogs.  Unfortunately this last comment got the wrong end of the stick with me, I try my best not to comment and certainly never post however I feel sad and just wish we all were happy Ouch

Date Posted: November 27 2014 at 03:59

Awww Guldbamsen, true, maybe I overacted, this could be true, the thing is that people vote and somehow after voting their favorites the only band they mention in a negative manner is CS the underdogs.  Unfortunately this last comment got the wrong end of the stick with me, I try my best not to comment and certainly never post however I feel sad and just wish we all were happy Ouch
hihihi you pest Big smileLOL punk is not a band you silly thing! Hug

Date Posted: November 27 2014 at 04:04

No problem you delightfully silly girl. I can't say that I wouldn't have reacted in the same manner, if I'd contributed to the album in some way. I guess it takes thick skin to be in this business.
And you're right punk is not an album, bad form

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: November 27 2014 at 04:09

No problem you delightfully silly girl. I can't say that I wouldn't have reacted in the same manner, if I'd contributed to the album in some way. I guess it takes thick skin to be in this business.
And you're right punk is not an album, bad form
Heart Big smile hahahaha!!! you see! You are very silly too! LOL indeedy punk moozik (they refuse to play proper notes, very rebellious) big hug Hug

Posted By: Argonaught
Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 13:47

Pity. It sticks in your head after listening a couple of times per day for a month, if you're willing to spend the time. Oh well, opinions are subjective and we're al entitled to our own. I know, because I can't stand Jon Anderson's voice. Wink

For one thing, 3 stars on the PA scale indeed means "good, but not essential". By golly, out of the several million albums, released so far, how many could be described as "good or better" by the PA criteria - ten thousand, on a good day and with some tailwind? So there. 

Corvus Stone, despite being a new band, has a number of devoted and outspoken followers. Recently, there has been a lot of fan-generated buzz here on PA about the band and the new album, which could be crudely described as "The Tench Drench" Geek . One can't expect every and each PA member to express the same level of enthusiasm, and, frankly, some members will feel disappointed. 

The bottom line is that the band have received a lot of PA attention and feedback. What will they do with it, that's up to them, but I am looking forward to their 2016 album, which will hopefully be shorter (if 45' was enough for DSOTM and Red, it should do for CS III as well), jazzier and vinyl-worthy. 

Regarding the 2014 Top 5 list: I went with the Road Of Bones, even though I do not personally like it. I have been very impressed with the progress of iamthemorning as well. 

My personal list would likely include TER, the Face Forward, Jeremy (by Jeremy Pelt and Roxy Coss), and the Life On Planet Earth (by Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra), but that's me, and no-one listens to me, ever Ouch  

Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 14:22
^ I'm listening to Live on Planet Earth Smile

Posted By: bhikkhu
Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 15:22
People really need to hear Necromonkey "A Glimpse of Possible Endings." That's my favorite. No reviews for it as yet but I will be taking care of that soon.

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

http://riekels.wordpress.com" rel="nofollow - http://riekels.wordpress.com

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 15:50
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

People really need to hear Necromonkey "A Glimpse of Possible Endings." That's my favorite. No reviews for it as yet but I will be taking care of that soon.

WordClap! Such a beautiful album from a talented bunch of guys. Looking forward to seeing them again next year at the NJ Proghouse Homecoming Weekend.

Posted By: LearsFool
Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 16:03
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

Checked out a live in the studio run-through of the title track just now, and it was awesome. Thumbs Up Thanks for the rec!

Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 16:48
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ I'm listening to Live on Planet Earth Smile 

ExclamationCareful Exclamation; It's just something that the good prog people do not talk about in public. 

Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 16:55
^ LOL It's really good, I though for the first 5 minutes it would be a relaxing jazz album but then all hell breaks loose LOL Amazing music, what's its genre: Avant-Jazz? And speaking of Avant it reminded me of another fine release from this year Redwings Nest from SOT Smile

Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 18:15
^ This is one cute album .. clever art, too. When in doubt about the genre, go to PA: they say it's RIO/Avant-Prog, apparently.  

'Thou shalt believe and not doubt'. This will make you feel happy and fulfilled. 

Should I challenge you to write the first grassroots review for the Redwings Nest? 

Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 18:30
^ But they aren't on PA Ermm

Nah, only heard it once or twice on Spotify: I can't recommend it if I still didn't get it myself. You can read some pretty good reviews of that album though: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45563" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45563 Smile

Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 19:50

^ But they aren't on PA Ermm
Who? 

Nah, only heard it once or twice on Spotify: I can't recommend it if I still didn't get it myself. 
I see; that's legit (or a subtly crafted excuse Stern Smile)

You can read some pretty good reviews of that album though: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45563" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45563 Smile 
I have, but those are all by Special Collaborators, and not the everyday folk. When I research a band or an album, I primarily look for reviews by the rank-and-file members. Power to the people! 

Ah, never mind. I'll buy the music (thanks for the lead, btw), and post my ignorant and sketchy, but honest review, for that's what I do :) 

Posted By: ole-the-first
Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 20:14
Belighted

-------------
This night wounds time.

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: November 28 2014 at 21:38

To be honest, a lot of prog albums you need to give it a few spins. Yes I respect first impressions, I too have that, however with so many albums being released it's impossible to listen to all of them or dedicate much time to each one. Major bands will always have the upper-hand, this is fair too sometimes.  However, the internet in this case is not helpful, because I remember the time when I used to save all my pocket money to buy an album and once I got it I enjoyed it to the fullest.
What I don't like is putting the small label artist's down just for the sake of it. I doubt there is a band who use their own personal funds to release something that they have not put all their heart into it.
Critique all you want in a review, this makes sense otherwise it's an unpleasant experience for others and not nice.

Yeah, major bands may have the upper-hand. However, Iamthemorning just showed us a few years ago that a band may come out of nowhere and reach the top of the preferences.

Date Posted: November 29 2014 at 01:59
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Yeah, major bands may have the upper-hand. However, Iamthemorning just showed us a few years ago that a band may come out of nowhere and reach the top of the preferences.

Dillinger, speaking of Iamthemorning, this new review I just read  http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1316372" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1316372  by a fan, I can tell is true and makes you want to go and listen to this album. Really good and articulate, I can feel the joy and passion of his/her listening experience. SmileHug

Date Posted: November 29 2014 at 07:05
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Who? 

I see; that's legit (or a subtly crafted excuse Stern Smile)

I have, but those are all by Special Collaborators, and not the everyday folk. When I research a band or an album, I primarily look for reviews by the rank-and-file members. Power to the people! 

Ah, never mind. I'll buy the music (thanks for the lead, btw), and post my ignorant and sketchy, but honest review, for that's what I do :)
I thought you were talking about Andromeda.

Trust me, that's not an excuse, if I get it I'll review it, but I'm still buying the prog classics that I haven't got the hidden gems yet Wink

I always read the Special Collaborators first and that one has reviews from three reviewers I always check.

Glad to be of service, I'll surely read your honest review Smile

Date Posted: November 29 2014 at 09:33
^ Andromeda: I see; I thought we were referring to SOT.

Jolly good, then. I already have. To keep the number of my 5-star reviews around 10% of the overall, I went ahead and downgraded a few Wilsons/PT albums :). 

Special Collabs' reviews are often very enlightening and thought-provoking. But, instead of having a person of greater musical knowledge dissect an album for me,  I would rather do my own earwork. 

Date Posted: November 29 2014 at 10:22
^ Normally if I don't know the band I do a quick read just to get the idea of it and not ruin my own experience and then after listening, I compare notes. Smile

I rated a lot of albums for some time with only one listen (stupid me), and I don't agree or don't remember about some. I'll have to update them all but I wish I could delete some

Date Posted: November 29 2014 at 10:56

I'll have to update them all but I wish I could delete some 

I don't think you can delete a rating altogether, but if you delete all the review contents, it will revert to a simple rating. Or, if you like, you can cut and paste this, and watch yourself banned for VIII annis :)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do Gentle Giant eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et awesome dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor Roger Waters in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint King Crimson occaecat cupidatat non Progarchives proident, sunt in culpa qui officia total crap deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Date Posted: November 29 2014 at 11:54
^ LOL

I read your review, really nice one Thumbs Up

Posted By: proggman
Date Posted: December 13 2014 at 22:02

IQ, The Road of Bones.

-------------
When he rides, my fears subside.
For darkness turns once more to light.
Through the skies, his white horse flies.
To find a land beyond the night.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk