Print Page | Close Window

Änglagård in London - 11 April

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=101151
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 18:12
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Änglagård in London - 11 April
Posted By: Mascodagama
Subject: Änglagård in London - 11 April
Date Posted: January 31 2015 at 07:13
http://www.bostonmusicroom.co.uk/whats-on/events/11-apr-15-anglagard--the-gift-boston-music-room/" rel="nofollow - http://www.bostonmusicroom.co.uk/whats-on/events/11-apr-15-anglagard--the-gift-boston-music-room/

I don't know the venue but it's in Tufnell Park and I'm guessing fairly small. Have bought tickets. If Prog På Svenska is a fair representation they are going to kill it!

Replies:
Posted By: sleeper
Date Posted: January 31 2015 at 08:57
It seems to be part of a wider tour as they're playing at the Robin in Bilston the day after, and had the novel idea of holding it in he afternoon, but their site is useless as it doesn't list either date or mention anything of a UK tour.

-------------
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: February 01 2015 at 08:58
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

It seems to be part of a wider tour as they're playing at the Robin in Bilston the day after, and had the novel idea of holding it in he afternoon, but their site is useless as it doesn't list either date or mention anything of a UK tour.

yes, I noticed that Andy; with a Rush cover band playing in the evening, so you could make a full day of it.. Wink

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Posted By: aapatsos
Date Posted: February 01 2015 at 09:12
Yup, this is the Robin gig

http://www.classicrocksociety.co.uk/shop/anglagard-plus-the-gift-the-robin/" rel="nofollow - http://www.classicrocksociety.co.uk/shop/anglagard-plus-the-gift-the-robin/

Posted By: Jorvik
Date Posted: February 09 2015 at 07:03
I spotted on Anglagard.net that they're also playing at http://www.realtimelive.co.uk/events/anglagard-plus-support-gift/" rel="nofollow - Real Time Live in Chesterfield on Thursday 9th April.

I've booked that and the Bilston gig, so I'll have been at three out of their first four UK gigs (can't be bothered with the trek down to London) Big smile. Can't wait to see them again.

-------------
I ljuset från min lykta
ser jag skuggan utav sorg
drömmar som har slocknat
ifrån ett liv som haft sin tid          

Date Posted: February 09 2015 at 13:50
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

yes, I noticed that Andy; with a Rush cover band playing in the evening, so you could make a full day of it.. Wink

I thnk I'll skip the Rush cover band myself, Jared, but it will be weird turning up for a gig in the middle of the day.

-------------

Posted By: DeepBlack
Date Posted: February 16 2015 at 02:09
I rather approve of the lunch time gig idea, but worry about the attendance. The Robin2 is a great venue but I've rarely seen it busy (Andromeda & Damien Wilson were woefully attended), I hope the gig sells enough to still go ahead.

Date Posted: February 16 2015 at 06:09
Depends on the bands, Andromeda wouldn't pull in much of an audience IMO and people would rather see Threshold than Wilson solo. Unless Anglagard cancel I expec tthe gig will go ahead, I remember being 1 of only about 30 people that turned up for the Aurora Project a few years ago!

-------------

Date Posted: April 09 2015 at 20:07
Dammit, will I never get to see a full set by them?!

Last year it was Tron breakdown, this time bloody traffic/accidents on the M1 seriously delaying things Angry

Apparently, in London they'll be doing a two-hour set, but Sunday is going to be only an hour-and-a-half sadly (like tonight turned out to be). Chatting with Johan, he told me they'd try to do a different set at The Robin -- I got the impression there were a few people doing both Chesterfield and Bilston so hopefully we might get to hear all the material the London crowd do.

Oh yeah, and sadly there were only about 30 people there, but at least London is reportedly sold out for them.

It was fantastic to hear them again, but especially so now with two guitars, as it was intended Big smile

-------------
I ljuset från min lykta
drömmar som har slocknat

Posted By: Nickslikk2112
Date Posted: April 10 2015 at 09:50
I thought last night was nothing less than sensational! And the wide turned up to buy me an early birthday present of a vinyl copy of Prog på Svenska Smile
Just a great pity about traffic delays Unhappy

As a Chesterfield resident it appears I'm the only prog fan in the village - apart from I've just discovered someone from 2 years above me at school was there. Nice meeting Andy Thompson from Planet mellotron too.

-------------
DEATH TO FALSE PROG!!!

Posted By: onslo
Date Posted: April 10 2015 at 18:13
Can't afford it

But I can testify that the venue is not too small. It has some decent seating but an average bar with the usual rubbish on sale there.

-------------

Posted By: infocat
Date Posted: April 11 2015 at 00:25
Who are the band members for this tour?

-------------
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: April 11 2015 at 03:17
Originally posted by onslo onslo wrote:

Can't afford it

But I can testify that the venue is not too small. It has some decent seating but an average bar with the usual rubbish on sale there.

presumably overpriced 'rubbish'? Guiness anyone?Wink

Hope those going today enjoy it and also please please pretty please post a review or reportSmile

Date Posted: April 11 2015 at 12:34
Originally posted by Nickslikk2112 Nickslikk2112 wrote:

Nice meeting Andy Thompson from Planet mellotron too.
Nice meeting Andy Thompson from Planet mellotron too.

Damn, hadn't realised Andy Thompson was there, would've been nice to meet him -- PlanetMellotron is a fantastic site and I enjoy his reviews (we seem to have a very similar taste in prog).

Presumably it was his Tron? Trying to get back in people's good books after last August in Balham (I think it was his Tron that broke down wasn't it?) LOL

Originally posted by infocat infocat wrote:

Who are the band members for this tour?

The current line-up, as stated on their (official) website:
Anna Holmgren: Flute, Saxophone
Johan Brand: Bass
Tord Lindman: Guitars, Vocals
Erik Hammarström: Drums, Percussion
Linus Kåse: Keyboards
Jonas Engdegård: Guitar

-------------
I ljuset från min lykta
drömmar som har slocknat

Posted By: Nickslikk2112
Date Posted: April 12 2015 at 06:36
Yes, it was indeed the Planet Mellotron Tron being used.
I too seem to have a very similar taste in prog to him, and heavy metal too, although I gave Judas Priest an album longer before considering them too silly to bother with...

-------------
DEATH TO FALSE PROG!!!

Date Posted: April 12 2015 at 12:15
Well, today's gig was absolutely superb and, as promised, they played a slightly different set, so we got to hear Längtans Klocka and a stunning performance of Sista Somrar as a finale. Sadly this was at the expense of Kung Bore and, I'm sure, something else, but I can't bring to mind what it was, too caught up in the music Embarrassed

It was heartening to see a better turnout than on Thursday and it was a suitably rousing send-off for the last UK date. The band certainly seemed to enjoy themselves -- Anna looked absolutely knackered after her sax dual with Linus, which was a riot Smile

No Tron today, Anna was down to a single flute and Tord was devoid of his impressive array of percussion that graced the Chesterfield gig LOL

I hope it isn't too long before they return ClapClapClap

Urgh, back to work tomorrow... Cry

-------------
I ljuset från min lykta
drömmar som har slocknat

Posted By: DeepBlack
Date Posted: April 12 2015 at 14:30
Great gig & a (happily) surprisingly decent turn out.

The sound was pretty good where I was, though the sax was a bit quiet, esp early on. Heavier live than on record.

Sad about the lack of mellotron (but the last time I saw them at Resonance they were delayed by ages trying to get it/them working.)

Great to see stuff live without loads of backing tracks too.

CDs for a reasonable £15, with signing after.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk