Print Page | Close Window

KC touring UK & Europe in Sept

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=101192
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 03:55
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: KC touring UK & Europe in Sept
Posted By: Stool Man
Subject: KC touring UK & Europe in Sept
Date Posted: February 03 2015 at 12:06
http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-03/king-crimson-announce-uk-and-european-tour-dates

King Crimson have announced a string of UK and European tour dates for September.

The band completed a successful tour of the US last September, and now have answered the prayers of their many European fans by finally giving them what they thought they might never see again. The tour kicks off on August 31 at Friars in Aylesbury before extending out through the UK and on to France and Holland.

The full list of dates is:

Mon 31 August - Friars, Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
Tue 1 September - Friars, Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
Thur 3 September - St. David's Hall, Cardiff
Fri 5th September - Dome Concert Hall, Brighton
Mon 7th September - Hackney Empire, London
Tue 8th September - Hackney Empire, London
Fri 11th September - The Lowry, Manchester
Mon 14th September - Symphony Hall, Birmingham
Thurs 17th September - Usher Hall, Edinburgh
Mon 22nd September - Olympia, Paris
Tue 23rd September - Olympia, Paris
Thurs 24th September - Tiolivrendenburg, Utrecht
Fri 25th September - Tiolivrendenburg, Utrecht

The current line-up of King Crimson features guitarist Robert Fripp, saxophonist Mel Collins, bassist Tony Levin and guitarist Jakko Jakszyk joined by three drummers, Gavin Harrison, Bill Rieflin and Pat Mastelotto.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Weds 4 September, priced at £39.50 / £50.00 / £65.00 regionally and £50.00 / £75.00 / £85.00 in London (subject to per-ticket charge plus order processing fee) and are available from Live Nation and Ticketmaster, and will be available direct from venues at 9am on Friday 6 February.

-------------
rotten hound of the burnie crew

Replies:
Posted By: Gully Foyle
Date Posted: February 03 2015 at 13:16
go you crazy fools go!  see these concerts.....no matter what

one of the most amazing musical experiences of my life

Posted By: sleeper
Date Posted: February 03 2015 at 14:52
Oh hell yes, will definitely be going to the Symphony Hall to see them.

-------------
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Posted By: tboyd1802
Date Posted: February 09 2015 at 20:13
Originally posted by Gully Foyle Gully Foyle wrote:

What he said!

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: February 10 2015 at 02:31
The entrance fees for the Paris concerts are rather high regarding my standards, but, hey! it's King Crimson...
I just wonder if I will attend the two (2) concerts.

Posted By: maninasuitcase
Date Posted: March 21 2015 at 10:10
Purchased the very last ticket available at The Lowry on 11 September.

-------------
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maninasuitcase/sets/" rel="nofollow - Flickr pics

https://www.facebook.com/maninasuitcase99" rel="nofollow - Facebook Profile

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: March 21 2015 at 12:21
Hi,

Hmmmm ... might be a good time to visit my sister in Paris ... I'm recomending she get tickets asap, as this will be just as enjoyable a show as the RTF show that we saw when she was here!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Gerinski
Date Posted: March 21 2015 at 14:04
I'm just back to my native Spain and all these locations are rather far, and my budget won't probably allow it Cry

Posted By: Tuzvihar
Date Posted: March 21 2015 at 14:32
Far from Poland as well... Unhappy

-------------
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: March 22 2015 at 12:17
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

I'm just back to my native Spain and all these locations are rather far, and my budget won't probably allow it Cry

i thought the train, these days, between Madrid and Paris was not that expensive ... has that changed?

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: March 22 2015 at 17:44
I've got a ticket for the Hackney Empire show, and apparently further UK dates have been added. This will be my second pRoper KC gig - I saw them on the Power to Believe tour in Japan, and I also saw the King Crimson Projekct in London last year.

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: March 22 2015 at 20:25

Aye!!  Sell your children, your family gold, rob the bank, whatever!!  

I'd say it was the best King Crimson show I ever saw, and I've seen them dating back to LTIA!!  This was the stage setup in Chicago....

Posted By: PA-OK
Date Posted: March 23 2015 at 22:53
Can't wait to see KC at Brighton Dome, first time I've seen them! I would have loved to have seen them with Belew as the frontman but hey, the 7 piece lineup looks pretty intriguing. Been listening to them pretty much none stop again since the tour dates came out. See you there any other Brighton people! 

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: March 24 2015 at 04:11
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

i thought the train, these days, between Madrid and Paris was not that expensive ... has that changed?

Well, you haven't looked at the price of train tickets from the SNCF recently, have you?
Just to give you an idea: I had to go from Paris to Marseille last week and I was lucky to find a ticket for around 50 euros. The ticket for coming back to Paris from Marseille costed me around 45 euros. But I saw that the other tickets were ranging from 90 to 116 euros... Would I have had a more strict calendar, this travel could have costed 230 euros...
I don't want to make the calculation for a train trip from Spain to France... Dead

Posted By: Formentera Lady
Date Posted: May 16 2015 at 08:40
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Aye!!  Sell your children, your family gold, rob the bank, whatever!!  

Oh really? Ok, I'll fly over from Japan to see them. Shocked... Approve

-------------
http://theprogressiveweb.blogspot.de" rel="nofollow - Visit me in Second Life to talk about music.

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: May 16 2015 at 10:58
Actually I'm thinking about flying to catch the Utrecht show, but I'm still not sure about that. Ermm

Date Posted: May 16 2015 at 21:08
For the Utrecht shows you have to be quick, they are nearly sold old.

-------------
http://theprogressiveweb.blogspot.de" rel="nofollow - Visit me in Second Life to talk about music.

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: May 17 2015 at 08:00
Yeah a few minutes later I checked that out, there's only one show available with lousy seats, guess I'm gonna pass Unhappy

Posted By: wiped
Date Posted: August 18 2015 at 07:05
Hi ... sorry , first post and I'm hard selling but just wanted to try find a good home for my tickets (mods - please remove / move / delete if this is not appropriate)

I have 2 seated tickets for King Crimson's sold out show at Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Thu 17 Sep 2015, 19:30

Cannot attend due to work commits .... gutted :-( ...

Ticket Details :
Section : STALLS
Row : T
Seats : 12 - 13

Face value was £114.75 for the pair ... will sell for £100. This includes Registered Mail costs .. so if you're interested , let me know ... thanks.

Should add ... these are hard copy tickets - not E-Tickets.

Date Posted: August 18 2015 at 07:10
by the way , I'm new to this forum but am a long time poster on the Neptune Pink Floyd forum (search the same user name) ... I mention this by way of legitimacy to ease fears of me being dodgy.

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: August 18 2015 at 08:41
Originally posted by wiped wiped wrote:

by the way , I'm new to this forum but am a long time poster on the Neptune Pink Floyd forum (search the same user name) ... I mention this by way of legitimacy to ease fears of me being dodgy.

OK. Then don't fear being wiped Wink. Welcome Handshake.

-------------

Date Posted: August 18 2015 at 10:00
Cheers Smile

... and I have been known to be wiped now and again Wink

Posted By: fretlessthumb
Date Posted: August 21 2015 at 04:10
Another one in the "trying to not look dodgy" camp (I usually fail I'm real life, so I'm not sure why I think I'll be more successful here)

I bought a couple of tickets for the Brighton Dome show on 5th September when they went on sale for hubby's birthday, "the baby will be 9 months old by then," I told myself, "she can stay with my mum for a few hours" ...but as we've watched all of our new parent friends go on several nights out, we've been left with a very clingy baby, and it's become apparent that I can't leave her, and hubby doesn't want to go alone...so it is with bitter disappointment that we have to sell our tickets.

Brighton Dome 5th September. 2 x Circle Tickets, £52 face value

Anyone interested, please drop me a PM

Thanks

Posted By: Nightfly
Date Posted: August 30 2015 at 14:05
Looking forward to the Manchester gig on the 12th.

Posted By: Cosmiclawnmower
Date Posted: August 31 2015 at 16:08
Looking forward to St Davids Hall gig this Thursday!!! Last KC gig was 1981!

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2015 at 02:13
Originally posted by wiped wiped wrote:

Hi ... sorry , first post and I'm hard selling but just wanted to try find a good home for my tickets (mods - please remove / move / delete if this is not appropriate)

I have 2 seated tickets for King Crimson's sold out show at Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Thu 17 Sep 2015, 19:30

Cannot attend due to work commits .... gutted :-( ...

Ticket Details :
Section : STALLS
Row : T
Seats : 12 - 13

Face value was £114.75 for the pair ... will sell for £100. This includes Registered Mail costs .. so if you're interested , let me know ... thanks.

Should add ... these are hard copy tickets - not E-Tickets.

Bump Cry

Date Posted: September 12 2015 at 00:44
I am preparing myself now for travelling to Edinburgh on next Friday! Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Intruder
Date Posted: September 16 2015 at 16:49
This is the first Crimso tour since the early 80s that I've wanted to see.....and I'd have to all day to get to any of the shows.....and after hearing the tapes from the last tour, I just might do that......who needs to eat anyway.

-------------
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk