Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=101456
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 05:41
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Film Poll
Posted By: Icarium
Subject: Film Poll
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 03:01
Which of these "anonymos" landmarks of films, do you like the most?

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Cristi
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 03:02
Blade Runner out of these

Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 03:03
was it hard for you or not, i find many of these created something unique in their release, Matrix is sort of my generations Blade Runner, in terms of how it wowed folks, and Inception is 10s version of that.

-------------

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 03:25

Alien although I love Aliens too. But, Alien cos it started it off and it is genuinely scary.

I cheat slightly, as I have never seen any of the Matrix films .

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Posted By: Walton Street
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 04:21
Blade Runner ... i still watch it a couple of times a year.

Inception is an incredible movie though

-------------
"I know one thing: that I know nothing"

- SpongeBob Socrates

Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 08:22
I think it is a good poll

-------------

Posted By: TeleStrat
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 08:27
Blade Runner with Alien being second.

Posted By: sublime220
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 08:42
The Red Pill.

-------------
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 09:22
blade runner

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 10:16
My 17-year old self says: Aliens (and I would start making fun of Tsoukalos). But I would hesitate between Alien, 2001 and Blade Runner. All the other movies of this list make me laugh, at the best.

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 10:49
Blade Runner if it is the Directors Cut, Inception if it isn't. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: Walton Street
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 11:04
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Blade Runner if it is the Directors Cut, Inception if it isn't. 

you don't like the narration?

I always dug it .. the future-noir is one of the main reasons I love the film ..

-------------
"I know one thing: that I know nothing"

- SpongeBob Socrates

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 11:22
Yea not a fan of it. End up just being annoying for me.

Plus the unicorn ending is preferred. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 11:27
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

My 17-year old self says: Aliens (and I would start making fun of Tsoukalos). But I would hesitate between Alien, 2001 and Blade Runner. All the other movies of this list make me laugh, at the best.
why, how, humor in serious films is sinfull or

-------------

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 11:32
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

why, how, humor in serious films is sinfull or

Are you saying Matrix is a serious film??? Shocked

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: February 20 2015 at 18:17
Empire

Posted By: Stool Man
Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 03:52
When I came out of the cinema after seeing The Matrix, I felt like the whole world had changed forever. 
The only other film that made me feel that way was the first sequel. (the second sequel just felt like I'd seen a film, same as any other, which was disappointing)

-------------
rotten hound of the burnie crew

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: February 22 2015 at 12:05

Hi

Here is my short list and it is not in order. And I'm doing this by memory, not reality and looking at my film reviews, as I'm re-working my website.

Blade Runner  -- One of the most poetic films ever made! And the music was very well woven into the film.

Performance (Cammell and Roeg) -- Terrific film in every aspect and way too far ahead of its time, and folks today would not have the courage to sit through it because nothing is "given" to you!

The Road Warrior -- Brilliant writing and out of this world cinematography made this a visual treat that blew you out of the theater.

The City of Lost Children -- A sad film really, but all in all, the greatest example of how adults intimidate and "kill" children ... and done in a cartoon style (sort of) that we have a hard time relating to.

Prospero's Books (Peter Greenaway) -- The most unusual and unbelievable version of Shakespeare EVER done. And you will remember the words by Gielgud, because they are ever delivered so beautifully and so clear that you can not help "understand" what he is saying!

The Devils (Ken Russell) -- Film known for its ... everythings ... but it is one of the purest films in terms of integrity ever done. Taken from Aldous Huxley's book. Nothing was left out! And certainly not a film for kids or beginners!

Cinama Paradiso - Outstanding film looking at cinema history from the early days in Italy (1940's and 1950's) all the way to several years later. It is beautifully done, and while its "history" is not the major story, in the end, it "becomes" the story!

The Fencing Master (Pedro Olea) -- With the cartoon'ish Basil Rathbone and Errol Flynn pastiches out of the way, this is, by far, the best Fencing film ever done ... and the bad guy will surprise you! Unbelievable costumes and cinematography and beautifully directed.

Carmen (Carlos Saura's version) -- Saura was known at the time for his dancing films. They were all out there and totally outside the Hollywood musical norm, or the Bob Fosse like reality. So what did we have? A fight between the "old line" and "new line" of dancers ... the whole film is a dance ... and you dance with your eyes, not your ass, is one of the most important lines in it. Fabulous film and beautifully choreographed so it could be filmed just as well!

The Fisher King (Terry Gilliam) -- With a well deserved Oscar, it was also very well written and the actors were fantastic. Kudos to Bridges and Williams and then some!

The Wild Bunch (Sam Peckinpah) -- Considered a very brave and bizarre western, in that it did not feature indians and cowboys in the Hollywood style. This was about something else ... let's go!

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (Luis Bunuel) -- Not much needs to be said about this film, except that it takes place inside the minds of 7 or 8 people while having dinner ... and only a crazy like Luis Bunuel could pull this off!

Forbidden Planet -- Probably one of the most important films in the "sci-fi genre. Very nicely written as well.

Dracula (Bela Lugosi's) - Not much needs to be said here, but the care with which Bela speaks his lines is so poetically marvellous that it makes the book even better.

La Belle Noiseusse (RJacques Rivette) -- Not a film for everyone because it is almost 4 hours long. But if you have the patience to watch a sketch turn into a painting that is bigger than you and i, then this film is amazing. The problem is that audiences don't like to watch people paint ... they just want the money from the painting ... now you take a look in the mirror and see what it is you want out of music! Same thing here, btw!

Doctor Zhivago (David Lean) -- One of the all time great films, and with masterful music and even prettier cinematography. Based on the Greek writer's novel, which probably would not sell 5 copies to folks that login to PA. Excellent performances and Sir Alec Guiness is ... just as good if not better!

I'm not a great fan of SW, because the stories were cheap and simply a commercial endeavour that started out with a spiritual edge and quickly killed the "spirit" into a mechanical being.  I never got over that.

2001 should be here, but it is not Kubrick's best work. It is his most insane and I think that by that time, he didn't care and anything he did was far out. Directing wise, I doubt that anything he did would ahve been better than Dr. Strangelove ... and Peter Sellers should ahve gotten the Oscar!

Enjoy the list ... hopefully you have seen a few of them ... as some are not exactly ... top of the pops, as your list is!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: February 22 2015 at 14:00
^Ermm but this is a poll made by Christoffer. It's a collection of movies he loves and he merely asks you which of those you prefer. 

As for myself, I went with Kubrick's 2001. The wonderful thing about Stanley's work is that once you've seen a picture of his, you never forget it. That is very rare inside filmmaking. I don't think I can name one other director who's managed to do this in quite the same manner. 
The images of a monkey with a bone finding it's supposedly human attribute of violence through weapons, the floating monolith, the scene where you're wondering whether you're listening to an astronaut breathing, HAL, the spaceship or indeed space itself!, the playful backdrop of classical music, the breathtaking vortex of neon lights at the very end that funnels into the enigmatic rebirth - everything about this movie seems to be forever tattooed on your brain - even after one single watching. 

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: February 22 2015 at 16:14
its actualy from a poll from an american topp 10 sci/fi film most important to them, which promted me an idea to sea which would hit home at PA, i like many of these though.

-------------

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: February 23 2015 at 13:19
Good list! Got to be Blade Runner for me. I still wach that film every now and then.

2001 was on the other night. Still love the atmosphere of that film too.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: kareen21
Date Posted: February 23 2015 at 21:59
2001: A Space Odyssey

I watched last week for a tens of times...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk