Print Page | Close Window

John Wetton is fighting cancer again

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=103836
Printed Date: May 11 2024 at 14:37
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: John Wetton is fighting cancer again
Posted By: saabsnbeers
Subject: John Wetton is fighting cancer again
Date Posted: August 26 2015 at 22:08
As per the dgmlive.com website, John Wetton is undergoing chemotherapy. The message reads as follows:

John's Cancer Message
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Tue., Aug 25, 2015

John Wetton has announced that he will start a programme of chemotherapy tomorrow following the discovery of cancer. 

Writing on his Twitter account, @arkangel2605, John says: 

"I start chemo 2moro--I urge everyone to be checked for cancer regularly, ’cause cancer growth is rapid--and before you know it--agonising."

This announcement itself follows John’s surgery in May this year where a malignant tumour was removed. 

Please send John your good wishes via his management at  mailto:[email protected]" rel="nofollow - [email protected]

Replies:
Posted By: A_Flower
Date Posted: August 27 2015 at 08:12
I don't have Twitter, but I prey for John Wetton! We love you!

Posted By: O666
Date Posted: August 27 2015 at 09:20
Oh No. He is a great artist and important musician in Progressive Rock world. Very bad news for me. I hope he win this fight. I prey for John too.

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: August 27 2015 at 10:27
Unhappy Wtf?

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: August 27 2015 at 12:23
One great bassist per year is one too many.  Best wishes to John for speedy and complete recovery.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: August 27 2015 at 15:28
Thumbs Down
Sad to read, here is hoping for the best.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Rednight
Date Posted: August 27 2015 at 16:10
I wish Mr. Wetton the best.

-------------
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno

Posted By: Cactus Choir
Date Posted: August 28 2015 at 03:47
Good luck mate, hope you can beat it.

-------------
"And now...on the drums...Mick Underwooooooooood!!!"

"He's up the pub"

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: August 28 2015 at 04:32
This is very sad news to hear. I hope he's as strong as his Bass playing to ward off this nasty disease. Hang in there, Maestro Wetton.

Posted By: Kati
Date Posted: August 29 2015 at 04:17
Awww no! :( No!! 

Posted By: The Bearded Bard
Date Posted: August 29 2015 at 06:52
Sad news. Hope he comes through.

-------------

Posted By: twosteves
Date Posted: August 29 2015 at 08:56
Great bassist but one of my favorite singers too ---get well soon!

Posted By: Nightfly
Date Posted: August 29 2015 at 17:15
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery John.

Posted By: symphonicman
Date Posted: August 29 2015 at 23:39
Hoping for a fast recovery.

-------------
Master James of St. George.
Of the fields and the sky.
He used to build castles of stone, steel, and blood.
But lines get broken down.

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: August 30 2015 at 00:13
For what I read, it's only the second session of chemo after a successful removal of a 1 Kg malignant mass.

It's my impression (Not a MD) that it's the usual first session, probably he will have two maybe three sessions.

He will need medical weed to resist the chemo probably.

Quote John Wetton has urged everyone to take preventative action against cancer as he gears up to begin chemotherapy treatment.

The Asia frontman will undergo his first session tomorrow, after he confirmed in May that he’d been diagnosed with cancer and  http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-05-26/john-wetton-asia-tumour-surgery" rel="nofollow - had surgery to remove a tumour .

Wetton, 66, says in a tweet: “I start chemo tomorrow. I urge everyone to be checked for cancer regularly, because cancer growth is rapid – and before you know it, agonising.”

In May he extended this thanks to doctors after his surgery was declared a success. Messages of support can be sent to  mailto:[email protected]" rel="nofollow - [email protected] .

Good luck John, my prayers are with you.

-------------

Posted By: Toaster Mantis
Date Posted: August 30 2015 at 03:06
Hope he'll pull through. His tenure in King Crimson's one of the finest streaks of creative genius in rock history, and it'll be sad to lose one of the prog-rock movement's greatest bass players.

-------------
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk