Print Page | Close Window

David Gilmour live in Pula Amphitheater 2015

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=103982
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 02:55
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: David Gilmour live in Pula Amphitheater 2015
Posted By: Svetonio
Subject: David Gilmour live in Pula Amphitheater 2015
Date Posted: September 10 2015 at 03:33
In an hour I'll sit in my car and I get the pleasant ride to the Istria, for me the most beautiful part of Croatia, to have a great weekend and to see Mr Gilmour, at September 12, again after many years, this time in the perfect place for his music - the ancient Roman amphitheatre in Pula.

Welcome, Mr Gilmour!

Replies:
Posted By: NutterAlert
Date Posted: September 10 2015 at 05:16
Nice looking place. Is the Kommandant going with you?

Posted By: Komandant Shamal
Date Posted: September 10 2015 at 11:23
Originally posted by NutterAlert NutterAlert wrote:

Of course that i'm going at an event as such, but i dont know Svetonio in person.i'll travel by plane tomorrow afternoon with a few of my old mates.
Have a nice day!

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: September 10 2015 at 12:39
Originally posted by Komandant Shamal Komandant Shamal wrote:

Originally posted by NutterAlert NutterAlert wrote:

Of course that i'm going at an event as such, but i dont know Svetonio in person.i'll travel by plane tomorrow afternoon with a few of my old mates.
Have a nice day!

-------------
What?

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: September 10 2015 at 15:57
hahhaha..  now that is too damn funny.

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: Komandant Shamal
Date Posted: September 10 2015 at 22:01
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

hahhaha..  now that is too damn funny.
what is too damn funny?

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: September 11 2015 at 08:24
^Well my friend, for better or worse, members feel that you and Sventonio are one and the same person. I have no idea how two people with such similar views, personalities and thought processes could possibly be viewed that way, but that's just me.

Posted By: Follix
Date Posted: September 13 2015 at 11:46
So how was it?

Date Posted: September 13 2015 at 13:59
Spooky. For example, I'm not a familiar with that WYWH / Syd Barrett story nor I'm a fanatic for Barrett's Pink Floyd, but when Mr Gilmour started WYWH the song, after a few of the new ones, in that ancient Roman amphitheatre which is one of the most beautiful in the world, with his haunting and ethereal voice, which is btw in excellent shape, with Mark Brickman & Aubrey Po Powell (Hipgnosis) effects visual art, and with that 9000 of the crowd who (all generations from all over the world!) were singing along like a huge choir, it was damn spooky! I thought that Mr Gilmour woke up not only Syd Barrett's gentle spirit but also all those rude ghosts of the gladiators who were fighting and bleed in that amphitheatre 2000 years ago.

All of the Pink Floyd's greatest hits sounded last night to me much better and way more perfect in these live version; e.g. Time the song was really fantastic.
High Hopes  was also stunning.

I'd like to mention also Run Like Hell and this live version of Money  the song that he didn't played when I saw him in Gdansk, Poland, in 2006.

Summa summarum, it's really a kind of a privilege to have a chance to see this genius man at concert.

Date Posted: September 14 2015 at 12:02
I'd like just to say a few words about the city of Pula where Mr Gilmour was officially started his 2015 world tour (a tour preview was in Brighton). The city is 3000 years old. Antic Pula had all of it - plumbing drains, theater, houses were decorated with mosaics...
I arrived to Pula the day before the concert for whom this small town lived for days - this concert was a social event in Pula.
Pula has always been a 'blend of incompatible'. To walk on the streets that are paved with Roman tiles, to walk beside the Roman arch, Romanesque basilica, small early-Christian churches, Byzantine mosaics, the Austro-Hungarian fortification. In a beautiful September day, it was very pleasant walk through the history.

The time before the concert I mostly spent in Ulysses bar, in the center of Pula. This bar is named after the famous novel by the great Irish writer James Joyce, one of my lifetime favourite novelists along with Malcolm Lowry, Dostoevsky, Oskar Davičo, Meša Selimović, Stanislav Lem, early Momo Kapor, Marko Vidojković, Frédéric Beigbeder and John Le Carre.
James Joyes's sculpture is placed in Ulysses bar's outdoor space.

Actually, Joyce was, as an lovesick boy he left Dublin and while seeking for his own Ithaca, and for a job, from 1904 - 1905 lived and worked in Pula. He teached English language to Austro-Hungarian officers in Berlitz School of Langueges. It was a nice to sip a cappuccino in the presence of that guy.

Well, I'm not suprised that the next gig on the tour, at September 14, Mr Gilmour played in the ancient Roman amphiteatre in Verona, Italy. He choosen the venues knowingly! Tongue

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: September 14 2015 at 13:24
Are you sure that these aren't photos of Komandant Shamal?

Posted By: Follix
Date Posted: September 14 2015 at 17:02
I must say I saw the 3 shows (on the internet) he did and today in Verona was by far his best performance. Much more consistent on his instrument.

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: September 14 2015 at 17:26
screw the show..  what everyone wants to know is those two actually meet.. and if not.. why not. LOL

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk