Subject: Classic Electronic Albums #5
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 06:05

Replies:
Posted By: Svetonio
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 06:11
First vote for Blackdance

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 06:20
Love me some Neuronium, but they're no match for Schulze's finest hour. 
I love all three coffee flavoured Schulze albums from around that time (Blackdance, Picture Music and Timewind) with Blackdance being a particular favourite. Last cut Voice of Syn is breathtakingly beautiful.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 06:32
One thing. Some Velvet Phasing is kinda like the aperitif that bridges the two main courses on Blackdance. I found the opener Ways of Changes on ze tube:

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Meltdowner
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 06:35
^ Thanks for posting that video. I'll have to listen to both albums for the first time Smile

Posted By: Flight123
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 06:42
i see you put up the Schulze track from the Virgin anniversary collection - great compilation of prog from that label at the time - with some rarities!

Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 06:47
^ It was the only video I found of that track, but I didn't look into the compilation. I'll investigate Smile

Posted By: zravkapt
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 10:30
Neuronium are new to me but that's one of my least fave KS albums from the '70s.

Be back.

-------------
Magma America Great Make Again

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 12:03
I voted for Neuronium, whose early albums are highly underrated. Digital Dream is a true EM classic.

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: zravkapt
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 13:31
Neuronium I thought were okay. I like the use of those cheesy early '70s era drum machines. Even though it's not my fave, Blackdance is still classic Schulze and it gets the vote.

-------------
Magma America Great Make Again

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 13:41
I only know Blackdance (so no vote) but I do like it alot.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 15:57
I had no idea that not only were Neuronium still active today, but that they were on the Archives! When I fist started looking into the site many years ago they were not on here!

I'm still going to vote for `Blackdance', as it's not only one of my favourite albums, but it was THE album that first got me into the electronic genre (thanks to the urging of David!). Strange, because it's not a particularly easy album to get into.

I do enjoy parts of this particular Neuronium clip, but I don't like it when the lead keyboards start doing that loopy cheesy `wigging out' in a few spots! I'll take the subtlety of the Schulze track this time around!

It's realty disappointing, but in all my years of collecting and attending record fairs, etc, I have NEVER come across a single Neuronium release. Might have to track them down online. I used to really enjoy the debut `Quasar 2C361'.

Date Posted: November 21 2015 at 19:30
^ I hope I'll like the Schulze album, I only listened to that sample. I didn't expect it would get much more votes than Neuronium.

Yeah, "Quasar" is really nice. I never saw any of their albums and I live right next to Spain, it's probably normal Tongue

Date Posted: November 24 2015 at 16:19
I really liked both albums, but I voted for Neuronium.

Date Posted: November 28 2015 at 05:41
Not a bad result. Blackdance will continue against the winner of the next poll.

Posted By: Sheavy
Date Posted: December 01 2015 at 01:09
Giving it to the Schulze man. Neuronium have always been just okay to me honestly, doesn't come close to Schulze at his best.

-------------

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: December 02 2015 at 12:47
Again not my forte.....but I suppose Neuronium has more going on than that track by Schulze though I listened to most of the Black Dance lp on you tube and I did like it though it drags at times which I suppose it part of the ambient aspect.
Of course for obvious reasons it sounds to me like TD.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk