Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=106358
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 13:20
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Harmonium vs The Residents
Posted By: zravkapt
Subject: Harmonium vs The Residents
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 08:31
In case you don't know what either sounds like...

-------------
Magma America Great Make Again

Replies:
Posted By: Magnum Vaeltaja
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 08:41
Harmonium for me. Cinquieme Saison and L'Heptade are both masterpieces.

-------------
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 08:51
Number 2

Afficher limage dorigine

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 09:23
Harmonium.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 13:18
Like both, but have listened to The Residents much more -- I don't own the post Mark of the Mole albums, but appreciate all (the first eight studio albums) up to and including Mark of the Mole. Eskimo is the album that got me into the band.

As for Harmonium , I do have their three studio albums, but don't play them much anymore. It was he only "prog" band I introduced my wife to that she liked, by the way.

Two very different choices, indeed. So far, I have voted option 2 (the less mainstream in prog circles option) in the three I've voted for in this series, and wonder if that trend will continue. And in those three cases, I was into option one before discovering option 2 (during an earlier stage of my "prog journey" so to speak).

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 15:25
Harmonium.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 15:26
Tough call as I like each but don't love.

TR also have an extensive catalogue that I haven't heard, which no doubt contains things I wouldn't like. Nevertheless, I'll vote for them.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 16:22
C'est tragique, finir dans un cirque...

-------------

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 17:22
C'est bien vrai, ça

Afficher limage dorigine

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: April 03 2016 at 18:12
The Residents. I find Harmonium dull.

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: Saperlipopette!
Date Posted: April 04 2016 at 05:08
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Like both, but have listened to The Residents much more -- I don't own the post Mark of the Mole albums, but appreciate all (the first eight studio albums) up to and including Mark of the Mole.
(hi Logan) Does this mean you got the Mole-related Intermission - bonus EP included on MofM-CD version, and Tunes of Two Cities? To me those are last two essential studio-releases that are not achive-material (oh and 1983's Residents & Renaldo and The Loaf-collaborationTitle in Limbo is somehow essential too)

An important band for me personally and in the history of unpopular music up against a footnote. Obviously I voted for Residents - one of my very first "prog" discoveries back when I had no idea about prog. 

-------------

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: April 04 2016 at 05:31
Harmonium for 5ième Saison. I can find little liking for the Residents.

-------------

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: April 04 2016 at 11:30
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Like both, but have listened to The Residents much more -- I don't own the post Mark of the Mole albums, but appreciate all (the first eight studio albums) up to and including Mark of the Mole.

(hi Logan) Does this mean you got the Mole-related Intermission - bonus EP included on MofM-CD version, and Tunes of Two Cities? To me those are last two essential studio-releases that are not achive-material (oh and 1983's Residents & Renaldo and The Loaf-collaborationTitle in Limbo is somehow essential too)

An important band for me personally and in the history of unpopular music up against a footnote. Obviously I voted for Residents - one of my very first "prog" discoveries back when I had no idea about prog. 

I don't believe that my issue has Intermission, and although I have heard and enjoyed Tunes of Two Cities, I don't have it. I should check out Title in limbo at some time.

I started to get into The Residents not long before I started to deeply delve into Prog because of a sci-fi forum I belonged to before joining Prog Archives in the early 00s (it no longer exists). It was a band that was popular amongst a few of my favourite posters there.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: Frenetic Zetetic
Date Posted: March 08 2018 at 02:09
Harmonium.

-------------

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021

Posted By: Junges
Date Posted: March 08 2018 at 02:25
As much as I love Harmonium, The Residents wins easily.

-------------

Posted By: DeadSouls
Date Posted: March 18 2018 at 12:39
Residents

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk