Print Page | Close Window

if you could actually make a prog reunion happen..

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Top 10s and lists
Forum Description: List all your favourites here
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=107126
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 17:18
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: if you could actually make a prog reunion happen..
Posted By: progbaby
Subject: if you could actually make a prog reunion happen..
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 16:35
Who would it be?

For me, I  guess I'd do the obvious one:

Peter Gabriel returning to Genesis in the studio to do another studio album with all of the original members (except the drummer on Trespass) including Anthony Phillips.

Gabriel, Banks, Hackett, Rutherford, Phillips and Collins.

I would not want the music to sound like their album Congo.  They'd have to make sure they used all of the same instruments they used in 1972.

Tongue

Replies:
Posted By: Magnum Vaeltaja
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 17:03
That Genesis would be killer. I think that Phillips/Hackett would make for a great rhythm/lead dynamic.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing either the Lizard or Islands lineups of King Crimson get back together to work out something new, with collaboration from Sinfield and Tippett on lyrics and keys being mandatory.

-------------
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents

Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 17:04
Another fantasy lineup of mine (not a reunion as such) would be getting Dan Britton (Deluge Grander, Birds and Buildings) to team up with one of the 70's King Crimson lineups. That would be a force to be reckoned with.

-------------
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 18:07
The Mahavishnu Orchestra.  They're all still alive and look like they can still play.  I mean they can't still hate each other's guts.

Posted By: parkyarkarcus
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 18:24
I have always hoped to see a Genesis reunion, also. More than this, though, I have longed to see, and hear, a reunion of Jon Anderson with Robert Fripp. They did one tune together, once upon a time. It was on the KC Lizard album. I have always wondered....

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 18:42
I'm sure you all know what band I would like to see reunite-

Triumvirat!

Though for various reasons, it won't really happen, but if I could make it work;

Jurgen Fritz in Germany reuniting with Hans Bathelt and Barry Palmer would do just fine as they are all still living. They could also get Dieter Petereit to do bass/guitar duties.
             And it would be really cool if they would do a tour where they would play their classic progressive material, like the suites from Illusions and some material from Spartacus and Old Loves. 
                  Saddest thing of all is that Helmut Koellen is not around to join in on things but the reunion could be dedicated to him.
               This will never actually happen but, hey, we are free to dream!

Posted By: Dr. Occulator
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 20:52
If I had but one pick I would go with Gentle Giant to see how the passing years have influenced their creativity.
Their music is timeless to me.

-------------
My Doc Told Me I Have Doggie Head.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 21:08
Hi,

None for me. 

It's not the same, and it's a different time, and the chance of being able to redo what happened many years ago, is not the same, and neither is everyone's feelings about it all. These tend to water down and hurt the whole thing, even if there is some care and love about it.

As an example, I saw GONG with 3 different drummers ... and it was jazz'y with Pip, it had a very nice pounding bottom with Pierre, and it was very disco'ey with the kid from Soul2Soul. All three very nice, but not the same.

I would rather spend an evening with one of the folks ... for example, when Daevid did the original "divided alien" he was in Santa Barbara and it was just him and his amp and his tapes, and it was kinda nice and fun, and it was a very nice "friends" kind of evening. 

That makes sense for me. I imagine that Jon Anderson could do that, so could Peter Gabriel, but I think they are too tied up to their myths, to be able to be a regular person talking to his "friends".

That's just me. I would rather "meet" and "know" the artist as a friend, as their music has been for many years, than hope to stop time, and try to make it live again ... it never does! 

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 21:13
Henry Cow

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Ahvak
Cardiacs (but only if Tim recovered)
Hatfield & The North
Pikapika Teart (was really upset when I heard they had broken up)
Shub Niggurath

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 21:19
A fantasy to be sure, but a Henry Cow concert featuring all of the regulars plus everyone they collaborated with doing covers of ABBA, with guest vocalist Demetrio Stratos. Hmm, scratch the Abba.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 21:47
I guess Moshkito is right on this one, and I would hardly expect any of them to be able to come up with greatness once again. However, I'm going to be boring (and totally unrealistic) and say Pink Floyd in their classic line-up, and Yes on ther CttE line-up.

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 21:50
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I guess Moshkito is right on this one, and I would hardly expect any of them to be able to come up with greatness once again. However, I'm going to be boring (and totally unrealistic) and say Pink Floyd in their classic line-up, and Yes on ther CttE line-up.

I think you'll find that Wright & Squire are dead

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: aglasshouse
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 22:00
Gentle Giant PLEASE.

Civilian wasn't even that bad!

-------------
http://fryingpanmedia.com

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 22:08
Maneige or Octobre

-------------

Posted By: A_Flower
Date Posted: June 28 2016 at 22:11
Probably Genesis would be the best

-------------
User Banned for this Post

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 07:09
Either the Bornemann-Wieczorke-Jansen-Randow or the Bornemann-Matziol-Schmidtchen-Rosenthal lineups of Eloy.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 07:22
King Crimson. Clown

Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 07:48
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Maneige or Octobre

Ooh, I'd definitely be down for a Maneige reunion.

-------------

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 08:11
Genesis with Gabriel and/or Hackett
King Crimson - Red/SABB line up.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 08:57
Genesis....don't need a new album would love a tour though.

-------------

Posted By: The.Crimson.King
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 11:09
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

None for me. 

It's not the same, and it's a different time, and the chance of being able to redo what happened many years ago, is not the same, and neither is everyone's feelings about it all. These tend to water down and hurt the whole thing, even if there is some care and love about it.

^

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Posted By: Smurph
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 11:29
The Mars Volta, but I don't want a reunion. I want several new albums.

-------------
http://pseudosentai.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - http://pseudosentai.bandcamp.com/

wtf

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 12:35
Tangerine Dream ca. 1980-1985, i.e. the line-up of Edgar Froese, Christoph Franke and Johannes Schmoelling.

Sadly, Edgar passed away in January 2015.

Edgar and Chris had not spoken for many years, and apparently were still not on speaking terms at the time of Edgar's death.

Edgar and Johannes had not spoken either for some time, I can only assume. Johannes formed a new band with Edgar's son Jerome (who himself had exited TD around ten years back). Their new trio LOOM is, ironically, the next-best-thing to a Froese-Franke-Schmoelling reunion.

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 13:09
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

Maneige or Octobre

Could be quite ecstatic indeed.

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 13:32

Maneige or Octobre

Some quick research suggests that they're all still alive and involved with music, so maybe this wouldn't be too far out of the question. The drummer, Gilles Schetagne, has some contact information on his website, so I'm actually quite tempted to ask if a Maneige reunion is something that's been considered.

-------------

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 13:46
Genesis with Peter Gabriel would be the ultimate dream. All of them still with us......

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 14:03
The original KC or the Red period  KC....both have some great musicians and a lot to offer.

That original Genesis line up mentioned above would also be fantastic.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 14:48

Maneige or Octobre

Some quick research suggests that they're all still alive and involved with music, so maybe this wouldn't be too far out of the question. The drummer, Gilles Schetagne, has some contact information on his website, so I'm actually quite tempted to ask if a Maneige reunion is something that's been considered.

Good idea, Magnum. If you haven't heard Jérome Langlois (excellent) recent albums you can check http://www.progquebec.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.progquebec.com/ Live au FMPM 2006 is a must have.

Nice day.

-------------

Posted By: Larkstongue41
Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 19:07
I often dream about a 72' King Crimson reunion. The lineup for "Lark's Tongues in Aspic" was simply spectacular especially thanks to Jamie Muir's contribution which sets this album above SABB and Red in my opinion.

So, Fripp-Wetton-Bruford-Muir-Cross it is for me without a doubt.

-------------
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."

Date Posted: June 29 2016 at 21:44
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

I think you'll find that Wright & Squire are dead

That's why I said that I was totally unrealistic.

Posted By: HosiannaMantra
Date Posted: June 30 2016 at 07:54
I'd love to see all the participants of KC's "Red" album all together on stage + Jamie Muir. Fripp, Wetton, Bruford, Cross, Muir, Mel Collins, Ian McDonald, Robin Miller & Mark Charig.

Also, 3-guitar Wishbone Ash with Andy Powell, Laurie Wisefield, Steve Upton, Ted & Martin Turner.

And one day in heaven Hugh Hopper, Elton Dean & Pip Pyle teaming up with Keith Emerson.

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: July 01 2016 at 05:55
Originally posted by HosiannaMantra HosiannaMantra wrote:

I
And one day in heaven Hugh Hopper, Elton Dean & Pip Pyle teaming up with Keith Emerson.

Well, this last one seems to me a bit farfetched: the bombastic style of Emerson with the more subtle style of the "Canterburians" may not be the best combination.

Posted By: HemispheresOfXanadu
Date Posted: July 02 2016 at 14:38
Jethro Tull with Ian, Barlow, Barre and Glasscock (RIP)
Gorguts with Lemay (duh), Cloutier, Macdonald (RIP)
Empalot (Gojira bros avantish band)

-------------
https://twitter.com/ProgFollower" rel="nofollow - @ProgFollower on Twitter. Tweet me muzak.

Posted By: AZF
Date Posted: July 02 2016 at 14:54
I'd like Soft Machine to of reformed. You had the Soft Machine Legacy/Softworks recent (A few years ago!) but there was a large Mike Ratledge shaped hole in their line up.

Date Posted: July 03 2016 at 07:24
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

I

Well, this last one seems to me a bit farfetched: the bombastic style of Emerson with the more subtle style of the "Canterburians" may not be the best combination.
Well, I'd love to hear what would happen. Hopper and Dean also had their moments of powerful fuzz bass and crazy free jazz solos, while Keith had quite an amount of relaxed solo stuff. I guess that Emerson's dense organ and Hopper's dense bass might create a foundation for very powerful jams.

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: July 03 2016 at 08:32
I would go see a Tull reunion with Ian, Martin Barre, Barrie Barlow (and Clive Bunker - twin drums, what the hell), John Evan, Dee Palmer, and since Jeffrey Hammond hasn't played bass since the mid-70s, Dave Pegg. Hell, throw Mick Abrahams in on a few tunes from This Was.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: July 03 2016 at 09:08
The original KC, even if Fripp has to play while lying down on a couch.

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: July 03 2016 at 09:34
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

The original KC, even if Fripp has play laying down on a couch.
LOL

I wish the original band had done another album or two....many complain that the first sounds dated or whatever,  but I think they would have evolved into an even more formidable group over time.
McDonald, Giles , and Lake left far too soon imo for the band to really develop musically among themselves.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Replayer
Date Posted: July 03 2016 at 11:53
A Jethro Tull reunion consisting of Glenn Cornick (RIP), Jeffrey Hammond, John Glascock (RIP) and Dave Pegg.

Posted By: AlanB
Date Posted: July 03 2016 at 12:43

Also, 3-guitar Wishbone Ash with Andy Powell, Laurie Wisefield, Steve Upton, Ted & Martin Turner.

You wouldn't get Andy Powell to join with the others, sadly - too much enmity nowadays. But a line up featuring the other four has been mooted by some fans. The only problem would be that Steve Upton hasn't played drums in years, and he has a dodgy back.

Posted By: Nawlinstoo
Date Posted: July 04 2016 at 08:41
Weather Report of the deceased Zawinul and Pastorius...along with a much younger Shorter and Erskine. So, take me back to 1978! LOL.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: July 05 2016 at 10:47

Thanks.

For me, PF, if I knew they would get rid of all the lights and whatever and just play and jam their way into a 25 minute version of "Set the controls... " and the like ... that would be fun, to listen to, and close your eyes and trip with.

However, and you can take the King Crimson even recently, when Robert is just asking people to close their eyes and enjoy the music ... that is exactly what we have become afraid to do ... and realize how important the music is to our life. We've lost that feeling, and try to use words and comfort zones, like this place, to help us create a feeling of "being in it" and "being with it" and when the moment was there ... we cop'd out.

This was the case when I saw YES at the Long Beach Arena, do their TFTO tour ... and when I came out, I was crying. I knew, that rock music could elevate itself to and beyond classical music ... but it was going to die a sad death ... because all the folks wanted was "Roundabout" and "CTTE" ... and screw the new piece, and it was the most brilliant and incredible moment in rock music ... that was going to be murdered ... by an empty audience.

Today, many of these feelings are vindicated. Many folks now appreciate the work, despite not really knowing what the words mean, and such, but then, that's like saying we know what all of one of Shakespeare's plays is all about, isn't it? Or Milton? Or Goethe? ... you see? ... we lose the perspective.

There are 5 concerts in my life ... that are bigger than life for me. PF at the Hollywood Bowl in 1972 when I had a cold and tasted the Quadraphonic thing. YES at the Long Beach Arena doing TFTO in 1972 (have to check for sure!). Tangerine Dream at the Greek Theater (74 or 75) with the pictures on the Live Album of the trees on fire. RTF in Eugene with Jean Luc Ponty for a magical evening. And lastly KC in Seattle with 3 drummers.

But I did one thing in all of these shows ... more than half the time, my eyes were closed, and I was loving the trip, and I have never, even made it to a Grateful Dead concert! Or Hot Tuna!

The experience, lives forever and never dies. I can't help thinking that some folks missed out on their own experienced, by being there, but not being there ... like so ripped or stoned, that they would not have remembered the difference?

Now you know why I write these things all the time ... trying to help folks relate and experience the work itself ... it doesn't really matter who the artist is ... but do allow that work to live ... and you will never again need to "relive" it again ... because you know it is impossible!

Heck ... I could easily tell you that if I was a billionaire, I would have a big bunch of channels on the Sirius/FM thing ... and that Guy Guden and his Space Pirate Radio would still be on ... and hopefully some folks would know how good radio could be that it will never be, and die instead ... buried in the confined and smelly poop of folks wanting to control the population and what you listen to, because you can not have different anything!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Enchlore
Date Posted: July 05 2016 at 11:10
Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett is the first thing that comes to mind. An album would be a stretch, but a tour shouldn't hurt anyone, I guess...

I'd also like it if Hackett's supergroup from the Tokyo Tapes live album reformed for a few one-offs too, because I really liked that album. Hackett, John Wetton, Chester Thompson, Ian McDonald and Julian Colbeck turned out to form a good band.

-------------
If you like King Crimson, come over to the KC Discord server! https://discord.gg/6AYBxBD

Date Posted: July 05 2016 at 11:13
Originally posted by AlanB AlanB wrote:

You wouldn't get Andy Powell to join with the others, sadly - too much enmity nowadays. But a line up featuring the other four has been mooted by some fans. The only problem would be that Steve Upton hasn't played drums in years, and he has a dodgy back.

Yes, sadly, I knew that Andy Powell these days has quite harsh opinion on Martin Turner doing WA stuff with his mates, while I've never heard the other one bitching about the original band like Nik Turner. But I didn't know about Steve Upton really.

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: July 05 2016 at 14:54
Bjork returning to Sugar Cubes. 

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: July 06 2016 at 04:26
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I wish the original band had done another album or two....many complain that the first sounds dated or whatever,  but I think they would have evolved into an even more formidable group over time.
McDonald, Giles , and Lake left far too soon imo for the band to really develop musically among themselves.

I missed this one Doc. I've tried to listen to the "McDonald and Giles" album back to back with KC's "..Poseidon" album, trying to mentally to  "connect the dots", and imagine what the original band still intact would sound like, but after many attempts, but I'm none the wiser for it. 
A second album featuring all the original members would have been fascinating, no doubt.  

Date Posted: July 06 2016 at 21:14

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I missed this one Doc. I've tried to listen to the "McDonald and Giles" album back to back with KC's "..Poseidon" album, trying to mentally to  "connect the dots", and imagine what the original band still intact would sound like, but after many attempts, but I'm none the wiser for it. 
A second album featuring all the original members would have been fascinating, no doubt.  

I wish the original line-up had made at least one more album too. At least "Wake of Poseidon", perhaps with the original line-up it could have ended up being a truly great album as the debut.

Date Posted: July 06 2016 at 21:24
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Thanks.

For me, PF, if I knew they would get rid of all the lights and whatever and just play and jam their way into a 25 minute version of "Set the controls... " and the like ... that would be fun, to listen to, and close your eyes and trip with.

However, and you can take the King Crimson even recently, when Robert is just asking people to close their eyes and enjoy the music ... that is exactly what we have become afraid to do ... and realize how important the music is to our life. We've lost that feeling, and try to use words and comfort zones, like this place, to help us create a feeling of "being in it" and "being with it" and when the moment was there ... we cop'd out.

This was the case when I saw YES at the Long Beach Arena, do their TFTO tour ... and when I came out, I was crying. I knew, that rock music could elevate itself to and beyond classical music ... but it was going to die a sad death ... because all the folks wanted was "Roundabout" and "CTTE" ... and screw the new piece, and it was the most brilliant and incredible moment in rock music ... that was going to be murdered ... by an empty audience.

Today, many of these feelings are vindicated. Many folks now appreciate the work, despite not really knowing what the words mean, and such, but then, that's like saying we know what all of one of Shakespeare's plays is all about, isn't it? Or Milton? Or Goethe? ... you see? ... we lose the perspective.

There are 5 concerts in my life ... that are bigger than life for me. PF at the Hollywood Bowl in 1972 when I had a cold and tasted the Quadraphonic thing. YES at the Long Beach Arena doing TFTO in 1972 (have to check for sure!). Tangerine Dream at the Greek Theater (74 or 75) with the pictures on the Live Album of the trees on fire. RTF in Eugene with Jean Luc Ponty for a magical evening. And lastly KC in Seattle with 3 drummers.

But I did one thing in all of these shows ... more than half the time, my eyes were closed, and I was loving the trip, and I have never, even made it to a Grateful Dead concert! Or Hot Tuna!

The experience, lives forever and never dies. I can't help thinking that some folks missed out on their own experienced, by being there, but not being there ... like so ripped or stoned, that they would not have remembered the difference?

Now you know why I write these things all the time ... trying to help folks relate and experience the work itself ... it doesn't really matter who the artist is ... but do allow that work to live ... and you will never again need to "relive" it again ... because you know it is impossible!

Heck ... I could easily tell you that if I was a billionaire, I would have a big bunch of channels on the Sirius/FM thing ... and that Guy Guden and his Space Pirate Radio would still be on ... and hopefully some folks would know how good radio could be that it will never be, and die instead ... buried in the confined and smelly poop of folks wanting to control the population and what you listen to, because you can not have different anything!

I don't think I would go as far as closing my eyes on a concert (perhaps I could do that for a few moments), but I do go to concerts wanting to listen to the music (and enjoy it) more than to have fun. And I do wish I could have been there in the 70's to enjoy those classic bands, but well, I should just enjoy what I have now. Too bad King Crimson didn't come to Mexico, I would have gone to that one for sure.

Posted By: Prog-jester
Date Posted: July 17 2016 at 18:03
Originally posted by Smurph Smurph wrote:

The Mars Volta, but I don't want a reunion. I want several new albums.
Actually it's kinda in works - http://www.stereogum.com/1887451/omar-rodriguez-lopez-says-the-mars-volta-will-probably-reunite/news/" rel="nofollow - click

Oceansize

Talk Talk

Landberk

Porcupine Tree

Clann Zu

Shadowland (my fave Nolan's project)

Pure Reason Revolution

Dredg (where are they?)

The Amber Light (where are they?[2])

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: July 18 2016 at 01:45
It's happening as we speak....Brand X is coming back with John Goodsall and Percy Jones!!  Here they are in practice mode....

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

Posted By: Sardonite Calamity
Date Posted: July 19 2016 at 17:19
Steven Wilson, gets back with porcupine tree.

-------------
I used to have a really good signature but I forgot it...

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: July 19 2016 at 18:28
Mentioned already by Prog-jester... I think the #1 thing I'd crave to see (with band members still alive and probably capable) is Talk Talk playing the best of their last three albums with some Mark Hollis solo and .O.rang thrown in and Call In The Nightboy, It's My Life and Renee as encore.
I'd take some new albums too, of course.

Date Posted: July 20 2016 at 02:31
Why not Soft Heap ? I'd like this reunion, but, unfortunately, each and every member is now deceased

Posted By: ALotOfBottle
Date Posted: July 20 2016 at 02:35
How about Egg? Wink

Date Posted: July 20 2016 at 02:43
^ Tymon, you are ever so correct - we have have 3, alive and kicking, healthy virtuosos........why not !!! Let's add Steve Hillage and give Uriel (Arzachel) another go
Just do it !!!

Posted By: ALotOfBottle
Date Posted: July 20 2016 at 02:50
Although I'm not sure if Mont still plays bass. I think he mentioned somewhere that he has dropped it a while ago. Sad, his playing was incredible.
Another band that I would love to see once again is the LegEnd lineup of Henry Cow with Geoff Leigh and all!

Date Posted: July 20 2016 at 04:03
^ oh, we can dream........

Posted By: Stool Man
Date Posted: July 22 2016 at 02:16
For me it would be incredible to reunite all fifty members of Centipede (or however many are still with us) to record a second album. But this time with Fripp actually playing.

-------------
rotten hound of the burnie crew

Posted By: FatOldLady
Date Posted: July 22 2016 at 21:54
John Mayhew is dead.

Posted By: Terrapin Station
Date Posted: July 23 2016 at 06:47
Actually if I could make any reunion happen, with a guarantee of new material (and hopefully a few albums), it would be Led Zeppelin with Jason Bonham on drums.  I wish they would have done that long ago.

If there's no new material, by the way, I'm not really interested in any reunion from anyone.  I'm not a fan of greatest hits/nostalgia tours, especially when they're endless.  There are a number of old favorites of mine (not just prog) whom I've stopped going to see live in recent years because they've stopped putting out new material.

For prog, given who is left alive, Genesis might be my top choice at this point, too, with a lineup of Banks, Collins, Gabriel, Hackett, Rutherford . . . as long as Collins is capable of drumming (as long as his back can hold up).  Otherwise I'd still like to see a Genesis reunion, either with Bruford on drums if he'd come out of retirement for it or with Chester Thompson (or both for that matter).

Also, not necessarily a reunion, but I'd like to see something like a King Crimson "family" tour, with at least Belew, Bruford, Collins, Cross, Fripp, Gunn, Lake, Levin, McDonald, Mastelotto, Muir, and Wetton involved.

On the fusion end of things, I'd love a(nother) Return to Forever reunion, preferably with involvement from Airto and Flora Purim, too. 

Also Brand X, if everyone is still alive and playing (which I don't know, actually).

Posted By: maryes
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 16:11
Between the possibilities, I lovely GENTLE GIANT , GENESIS and sadly we can't see   YES and E L & Palmer again .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk