URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=107380
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 07:23
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pokemon GO
Posted By: Icarium
Subject: Pokemon GO
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 10:58
So i have just started, and i enjoy it, anyone else 

please share your Pokemon GO experiance...

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 12:24
No, and I will NEVER. If any uninvited guest attempts to poke his nose within the boundaries of my castle, I will post a notification in this thread.

EDIT: By the way, I don't even own a smartphone, just an apparatus that looks like some sort of ladyshave, but I cannot even remove a hair with it, it does not even have a hot key for the bikini line. And I hope I can use it for a long time. 

-------------

Posted By: Modrigue
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 12:31
Not my generation...

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqf2srRfppHAslEmHBn8QP6d_eoanh0eW" rel="nofollow - My compositions

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 13:01
Pokémon Go Is a Government Surveillance Psyop Conspiracy

Posted By: DDPascalDD
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 13:53
I've played for a week or so and uninstalled a few days ago because I found it a bit boring after a while. I don't live in an area with lots of pokemon either.

-------------
https://pascalvandendool.bandcamp.com/album/a-moment-of-thought" rel="nofollow - New album! "A Moment of Thought"

Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 14:06
Pokemon live in the tall grass. You know what else lives in the tall grass? Ticks. Coincidence? I think not!

Posted By: DDPascalDD
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 14:17
^Very nice

-------------
https://pascalvandendool.bandcamp.com/album/a-moment-of-thought" rel="nofollow - New album! "A Moment of Thought"

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 17:22
No thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 17:51
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Pokemon live in the tall grass. You know what else lives in the tall grass? Ticks. Coincidence? I think not!
I sometimes walk in tall grass, to cath ticks

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 17:53
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I sometimes walk in tall grass, to cath ticks
Happy borreolisilosis

Posted By: Sardonite Calamity
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 17:56
Imunillatie conferm!!!

-------------
I used to have a really good signature but I forgot it...

Posted By: Sardonite Calamity
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 17:59
I'm 16! I'm too old for this!

-------------
I used to have a really good signature but I forgot it...

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 18:01
Originally posted by Sardonite Calamity Sardonite Calamity wrote:

I'm 16! I'm too old for this!

*spits beer on monitor*

Clap well done child....LOL

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: Pastmaster
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 19:18
No, it looks like one of those things where the novelty wears off quickly. All the fear of it from the news is actually more entertaining. LOL

Posted By: BunBun
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 19:29
nope, not interested one bit. Honestly, at this point, I am finding a nuisance because I'll go out with friends and all they care about is catching that damn pokemon like Hello! I thought we were hanging out.

Posted By: KingCrInuYasha
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 19:32
No. I'm too busy playing Platinum, planning on moving on to Alpha Sapphire and obsessing over comparing the differences between three copies of Thick As A Brick. Even if I wasn't, I can't play it because I think my phone isn't properly equipped to make it run properly.

-------------
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 19:54
Too old and surly to try something that could lead to any fleeting moments of joy

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 20:02
^ Hmm, yes, that must be it.  Me too.  Though I fear trying and liking it.

Nah.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 21:52
I'd rather drink and chase my fickle bitch of a muse.

Posted By: Bucklebutt
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 22:03
Still don't have a smart phone. I paid 20$ for a prepaid phone that came with 10k minutes with a time limit of 3 years. I really don't think that I was supposed to get this many minutes, I think that it was a glitch or something, but I've been living with it for over a year now.  It's a struggle to use, but I'll deal with it for that price. Every month I buy 3-4 CDs and justify it to myself because nearly everyone I know spends 60-100$ a month on there 4G smartphones.  All that said, I'd probably play it if I did have a smartphone. Just isn't worth the expense for me. 

Funny true story about this cheap flip-phone. I was out fishing in my kayak, stopped and hopped out into knee deep water to relieve myself. After I'm done, I look down and see my phone under the water. Bend over and pick it up, works perfectly. 20 freakin dollars, gotta love it.

Posted By: BaldJean
Date Posted: July 24 2016 at 22:17
not interested at all. believe it or not, my cellphone is 13 years old, and Friede and I were very reluctant to get one at all. I very rarely use it, only for very important calls and only because there are hardly any public phones anymore. and I definitely don't need all that knickknack of modern cellphones or even i-pads; all I want is to be able to make a necessary call when I am not at home.

our kids who are 14 meanwhile consider us to be completely outdated in that regard, and of course they are always up-to-date with technology, and they have Pokemon Go as well.

for some reason people believe they have to be available all the time, and a third of the population have the phantom ringing syndrome. I can live without that

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 02:02
No. Both my kids got the app, but I asked my daughter not to go around our house looking for Pokemon fearing possible privacy concerns. My daughter found a Pokemon in her bedroom. I do hope she caught it as I don't want to have to call pest control. A Pokemon infestation is no laughing matter, and you know you're in trouble when you delete the app but the Pokemon remain.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: BaldJean
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 02:07
do Pokemons poke?

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 02:34
Only when they do the hokey pokey.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 04:27
My co-workers are talking about it right now and I never felt so disconnected to the world. Wacko

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 06:05
No, and I don't own a smartphone either and I'm 47 and I don't give a sh*t..

Anything else??

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 06:37
I went over my local park for a bike ride yesterday and there were kids wandering around with mobile phones everywhere looking for Pokemon. Honestly, they're not looking where they're going so next time I'm just going to mow them down.

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 06:59
I was out and about on Saturday in my local park and it seemed that everyone between the ages of 11 and 35 was wondering about like zombies staring at their phones.

I suppose if it gets vitamin D deprived pasty kids off the couch and out into the sun it's not so bad.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: DamoXt7942
Date Posted: July 25 2016 at 07:34
Big "NO" from me ... currently in Japan is a massive boom of Pokemon Go, butt I don't want to hit a car upon a highway. Tongue

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/damoxt7942" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Sheavy
Date Posted: July 26 2016 at 10:37
Just say no to pokemon go.

-------------

Posted By: aglasshouse
Date Posted: July 26 2016 at 16:06
Can't I just be lazy without temptation?

-------------
http://fryingpanmedia.com

Date Posted: July 27 2016 at 00:03
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

My co-workers are talking about it right now and I never felt so disconnected to the world. Wacko
like a stranger is to progressive rock and all its sub genres, bands and suits, when prog fans talks about it. 

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: July 27 2016 at 03:51
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I was out and about on Saturday in my local park and it seemed that everyone between the ages of 11 and 35 was wondering about like zombies staring at their phones.

I suppose if it gets vitamin D deprived pasty kids off the couch and out into the sun it's not so bad.

I suppose it does have that going for it but they're not looking at their surroundings, they're just staring at their phones. It's just a matter of time before one of them runs across a road after a Pokemon without looking first...

(mind you, a pensioner did that to me whilst I was out cycling on Sunday and he definitely wasn't chasing one).

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: July 27 2016 at 13:22
Not me, never!........very upsetting last week. We were in MD and DE last two weeks for lacrosse tournaments for my son. Went to DC and VA and visited Arlington Cemetery among other areas, there were a couple kids camps touring the grounds and all the kids were playing it....I told one camp counselor that I thought it was disrespectful that kids waking these hallowed grounds playing a game on their phones.

He agreed as he was putting his phone in his pocket.......

-------------

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: July 27 2016 at 14:30
no

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: July 27 2016 at 20:07
I have to say that i'm extremely disappointed in the fact that Prog Archives isn't a totally Pokeman free zone! Is there no friggin escape! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: July 28 2016 at 05:08
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

like a stranger is to progressive rock and all its sub genres, bands and suits, when prog fans talks about it. 

I was rather thinking about the fact that the chief of my team is already 32 (I'm 38) and that we are working as archivists, a job for normal and serious people, right?
So, I was expecting discussions about the last article about records management or electronic archives in the last issue of La Gazette des Archives, not something like: "Holy s***, this m*****f***** has found a Leviathan near the banks of the Seine! And now, he tells me he also caught a Raichu!"  Wacko

Posted By: AEProgman
Date Posted: July 28 2016 at 07:59
Never!
I can walk around like a zombie on my own without any mons that poke...

-------------

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: July 28 2016 at 10:18
When I see a giant bowl of cole slaw, I stick my entire hand into it and roll it around for awhile. Then I go somewhere to pee.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Posted By: aglasshouse
Date Posted: July 28 2016 at 11:21
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

When I see a giant bowl of cole slaw, I stick my entire hand into it and roll it around for awhile. Then I go somewhere to pee.

Oh yeah?

-------------
http://fryingpanmedia.com

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: August 09 2016 at 10:22
Vicky and I were in Ghent with a group of friends for the annual arts & music festival & we took a boat trip around the canals around 11:00 pm - the whole city was lit up, there was music everywhere & thousands of people having a whale of a time. Our group were taking photos left, right & centre, pointing out some of the more superb sights (especially the castle, seen from water level) as were most of the rest of the boat - except 4 people in front of me... they were looking for ****ing Pokemons.

Pokemons!

They were adults!

Correction - they were sad sacks of meat, being led around by a fad.

****ers!

[edit]

Oh, by the way, I voted no

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: August 09 2016 at 11:13
We were walking around Norwich city centre the other week following the gps directions to a restaurant using my iPhone when it occurred to me that if it were not for my advanced age and flowing locks of silver-grey hair some may be forgiven in thinking that we may have been in hot-pursuit of some of these virtual pokey-men. The urge to suddenly exclaim, 'That's a rare one!' very loudly and then run across the market square was almost overwhelming and I quite possibly would have done if it didn't involve making a loud public exclamation and the physical exertion of energy in the form of running.

If pokey-men were actually cream buns then I may consider it.

-------------
What?

Posted By: KingCrInuYasha
Date Posted: August 09 2016 at 11:15
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Correction - they were sad sacks of meat, being led around by a fad.

Hey, it could be worse.

-------------
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk