Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=111710
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 05:12
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Which of these was the last band you saw live
Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Subject: Which of these was the last band you saw live
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 09:52
Not counting non prog bands which of these was the last prog band you saw live.

Replies:
Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 10:31
Peter Gabriel.  And he was fantastic.  A fitting nightcap to my concert-going career.  To Pete Beer

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 10:35
On that list Crimson....and that was quite a few years ago in Chicago...but I recently saw the Moody Blues.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 10:41
Steve Hackett, 2016 in Los Angeles. Amazing show.

Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 10:44
I forgot to add Riverside to the list and also Magma and the Moody Blues. PG too. For those omissions I apologize. I should have maybe put in an option for other prog(non prog metal). Oh well. I might do this poll again at some point.

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 10:48
Yes (circa Benoît David).

Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 11:18
I forgot Marillion too. Duh.

Posted By: Khalie
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 11:22
My last prog concert was Riverside last may. 
My last concert (all genre) was Depeche Mode on the 1st of july. 

Next one will be Metallica in september. 

-------------
Fluctuat nec mergitur.

Posted By: HemispheresOfXanadu
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 11:24
Devin Townsend, Between the Buried and Me, Fallujah. BtBaM was amazing.

-------------
https://twitter.com/ProgFollower" rel="nofollow - @ProgFollower on Twitter. Tweet me muzak.

Posted By: HemispheresOfXanadu
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 11:27
Originally posted by Khalie Khalie wrote:

My last prog concert was Riverside last may. 
My last concert (all genre) was Depeche Mode on the 1st of july. 

Next one will be Metallica in september. 
My last concert was Metallica. =)
Great lightshow and Volbeat did a fun Johnny Cash cover.

-------------
https://twitter.com/ProgFollower" rel="nofollow - @ProgFollower on Twitter. Tweet me muzak.

Posted By: The.Crimson.King
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 11:29
Steve Hackett at this club in San Jose way back in '92.  After a great full band show, a roadie put a chair center stage then Steve came out and played about 20 minutes of unaccompanied classical guitar for the encore Wink

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 11:54
Originally posted by HemispheresOfXanadu HemispheresOfXanadu wrote:

Devin Townsend, Between the Buried and Me, Fallujah. BtBaM was amazing.

Please consider checking off this box then. ;) A prog metal band other than those listed(please specifiy)

Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 12:22
My last show was Roger Waters. In the past year or so I have also seen Haken, ARW(now Yes featuring)and Marillion.

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 14:33
King Crimson; a fantastic show.

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 15:04
Voted KC from that list but last concert was Claudia Quintet, last prog gig was Jean Michel Jarre.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 15:17
MESHUGGAH, back in March of his year. Tight as a spin they were. Just brilliant !!

Posted By: progmatic
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 15:41
Last prog show I've seen, from list, is Steven Wilson. Last shows I've seen were The Church and then dada this spring. BUT ... I'm seeing Stick Men in two weeks, Brand X the week after and KING CRIMSON(!!) in November. I've seen Crimson twice, but have never seen Fripp do any of the old stuff. I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT!

-------------
PROGMATIC

Posted By: YESESIS
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 15:43
Rush in Buffalo, early summer '94. Funny I'm not that into Rush at all now but I was back then.

Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 15:46
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Peter Gabriel.  And he was fantastic.  A fitting nightcap to my concert-going career.  To Pete Beer

To Pete.. THE MAN Beer

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 15:51
Ephemeral Sun debuting the new album.. great show. 

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 16:20
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

To Pete.. THE MAN Beer

Yeah.  You know, what's amazing, John, is that despite one of the most impressive visual presentations out there, and despite an exceptional band, what made the show so memorable to me remains quite simply....one man's raw, mature, emotional voice.  All the rest of it wasn't even necessary.  It could have been him at a piano for two hours and I would have been happy. 

Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 16:26

Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

To Pete.. THE MAN Beer

Yeah.  You know, what's amazing, John, is that despite one of the most impressive visual presentations out there, and despite an exceptional band, what made the show so memorable to me remains quite simply....one man's raw, mature, emotional voice.  All the rest of it wasn't even necessary.  It could have been him at a piano for two hours and I would have been happy. 

Right on. 

Posted By: tboyd1802
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 19:49
King Crimson, Seattle... Great show.

-------------
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 20:05
Of these, probably Tull in the 2000s. Haven't seen Gilmour with Floyd since the Division Bell Tour, and Roger Waters with Floyd since the In the Flesh Tour. Haven't seen Yes since the early 90s, and any iteration of ELP (probably the last was Emerson Lake and Powell) since the 80s. Haven't seen Hackett since he was with Genesis.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 20:58
King Crimson last month, and it was stunning. However, since they are the big name that has been touring lately, it sort of obvious they would be winning this one. Even more so since it's their first tour for over 10 years.

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 21:00
Crimson '15/Hackett '13/Waters '12/Van der Graaf '09

Last one: Premier Ciel L'heptade live.

-------------

Posted By: twosteves
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 21:02
Steve Hackett---great amazing show---everything you want in a prog concert ----would see him any time he plays in my area--(-Yes any version---sadly I've given up on ---Disapprove curse on both their houses lol)

Posted By: Upbeat Tango Monday
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 21:20
Dream Theater and Roger Waters

-------------
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: August 13 2017 at 23:41

From the list, Steve Hackett in Seattle 2015, but it may have been Ian Anderson the same year. I can't remember that far back, especially since I don't pay much attention to numbers like dates and stuff.  Steve was fantastic, Ian was okay.  More recently though, I saw Magma and then Peter Gabriel touring with Sting.  Both of those were great shows.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 01:20
Out of that lot, Tull. About four years ago I think.

I'm not a huge Tull fan, but they were excellent...apart from Andersons voice.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 03:11
DT

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Posted By: Flight123
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 03:30
From the list it was ELP's last ever concert at HV in 2010.  Steve Hackett was also there (excellent) as well as Opeth - why this band are called 'prog' escapes me.  They were unbearable - and laughable - in equal measure.

Posted By: Meltdowner
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 03:46
From this list I saw Steven Wilson and more recently Carl Palmer. I would very much like to see that block between Gilmour and Haken.

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 04:09
I hardly go to gigs, but I have seen Neal Morse in 2009.

-------------

Posted By: doctorphil
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 04:31
Steve Hackett earlier this month in Brisbane. Wow!

-------------
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Posted By: Mormegil
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 04:33
Mr. Hackett at the Kirby Center and then at the Keswick - a week apart and both in Pennsylvania. Both tremendous shows.

-------------
Welcome to the middle of the film.

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 05:24
IQ, Mostly Autumn or Strawbs (electric). I can't remember the order so unsure which one was last.

BTW - can someone do something about that f*cking captcha! I wrote a long and detailed reply to a post the other day and it was deleted by the captcha system. I was livid.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Posted By: Jeffro
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 05:32
Rush - Clockwork Angels tour.

I suspected it would be the last time I would be able to see them live and as it turns out, I was right. 

-------------
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 05:39
I also saw three of them in one day - High Voltage 2010. Steve Hackett, Opeth and ELP, ELP being the last one on.

Posted By: digdug
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 06:45
Rush  (Clockwork Angels tour)

They were still awesome

just not quite as awesome as when I saw them during
the Moving Pictures tour

:)

-------------
Prog On!

Posted By: Kepler62
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 06:52
King Crimson.  Toronto. 

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 06:58
I'm not atteding gigs very often, but the last five ones have been: 

Australian Pink FLoyd
Roger Waters
Pink Floyd Legend
David Gilmour
Pink Floyd Legend

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 08:13
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I also saw three of them in one day - High Voltage 2010. Steve Hackett, Opeth and ELP, ELP being the last one on.

Hmm, you've got me thinking there. It may have been 2010 when I saw Tull, and I as with you at High Voltage AND I saw Dream Theater and Opeth together at Wembley that year too...

I have no idea. The years are starting to meld into one!

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 08:20
Tull, about ten years ago.

Posted By: Jeffro
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 08:49
Originally posted by digdug digdug wrote:

Rush  (Clockwork Angels tour)

They were still awesome

just not quite as awesome as when I saw them during
the Moving Pictures tour

:)

Well, that's a given.
They were good in 2013 and sounded great doing the CA material. I can't handle Geddy trying to sing any of the old songs anymore where he has to get his voice up high. When I hear those songs, I want to hear him sing them like he did back then and those days are long gone.

-------------
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 11:19
King Crimson, 28 June 2017, at the Chicago Theater in Chicago.  An amazing show, with a stage crammed full of KC alumni.  

I did post a concert review, this was the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-crimson/2017/chicago-theatre-chicago-il-3e4d54f.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-crimson/2017/chicago-theatre-chicago-il-3e4d54f.html

Posted By: ForestFriend
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 11:54
Of those bands, King Crimson has been the most recent (November 2015), although I'm going to see Yes in less than a month. However, I have seen some local prog bands since then, but it's mostly just bands that I've played shows with; nobody really notable.

Posted By: TeleStrat
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 12:23
I haven't been to a major concert since the seventies so I've only seen Rush and Jethro Tull from this list.
I can't remember what order I saw them in so I voted for Rush.
Interestingly, Rory Gallagher was on the bill at both shows.

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: August 14 2017 at 12:58
As I have permanent, severe tinnitus (ringing in the ears), I have not been to any shows in decades.

Posted By: uduwudu
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 05:29
Should be Yes (any version). Seen three times and all different.  But once was the classic Yes. Howe and Wakeman trading licks... primo!

Oh the last one.. Rush probably.

Posted By: uduwudu
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 05:31
An odd poll to win. Or lose.

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 09:19
I've got to admit it's Wilson although the poll is full of names that I'd pick against Wilson on the same day (and I think I saw Hackett a week or so before Wilson).
Last gig seen of a band listed on PA was Swans.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 09:39
Crimson for me. 

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 10:15
Why don't some of you go to concerts(and festivals too I'm assuming). Is it because you don't have anyone to go with, can't afford it or live in a remote area where prog bands don't play near where you live?

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 10:44
I'm planning to retire too...I've seen many over the years (probably too much), most of them my all-time favorites. Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied and going to a concert nowadays isn't just as fun as it used to for me.

and with the price of tickets going insane, I think the time is right.

Thanks for the ride, indeed.

-------------

Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 10:48
I understand. I actually don't go to as many as I used to. I haven't seen many non prog shows so I might stick with mostly non prog stuff since I have seen almost all the prog I wanted to.

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 10:52
Blue Oyster Cult a few years back! They rocked! I need to get out to some shows again.

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 11:02
Last concert was Chicago with the Doobie Brothers.  Prior to that was Journey with Asia.  From the list was last year when I saw the Steve Howe version of Yes, who will be here again on Thursday.  Haven't decided whether or not I am going or not.

-------------

Posted By: miamiscot
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 14:58
Neal Morse!!! (Although I'm seeing King Crimson in November!!!)

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 15:45
I voted "I don't go to many(or any)live shows" which is true when it comes to prog. I do see a lot of other live music. I was tempted to vote for PF related, but I've only seen Pink Floyd itself live, and that was decades ago. The last Prog concert I went to was Magma, and to be honest, I did not enjoy it. The music was far too loud, too metal with the guitarist, and lacked subtlety to my ears. I would have liked a more acoustic set. I liked that the venue was small, but the sound system was not great, and as I said, it was far too loud. Heck, I saw Spinal Tap concert for The Break Like the Wind tour and they were not as loud, or maybe they were, but I was much farther from the stage. Of course, the Britain's loudest rock band designation should not be taken too seriously.

I got nervous at the Magma concert when I saw that they were selling earplugs -- guess that's common with rock concerts. I thought, why would I want earplugs? I came here to listen to the music, and it's not like it's some bleeding heavy metal band. I mostly have been to classical, folk and jazz concerts, and listen to live bands in pubs, and I just wasn't expecting that kind of volume.

I would like to go to a so-called prog festival sometime, especially the RIO one in France.   And I would quite like to see King Crimson off the list at sometime, but most of the ones listed don't fit my tastes, and I tend to shy away from heavy prog and prog metal bands as I have rather delicate ears.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 16:16
I actually suffer from tinnitus(pronounced tin it is)in my left ear so I can understand about the loudness factor. It's one reason I stopped going to so many shows. Not sure I want to go to another until I get the musicians earplugs which unfortunately are a bit more expensive. 

I actually saw Magma last year I think it was but I didn't have the same kind of experience you did. I guess they were loud but I had earplugs in anyway. I thought they were very good. Then again I enjoy their music. The opening act was a woman who played "heavy metal cello" for lack of a better term. I bought her cd but I don't know where it is and I don't remember her name. 

Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 16:41
I pretty much take ear plugs to all gigs, it's usually only the jazz ones that are quiet enough for me not to use them. I have Kayo Dot coming up and assume that will be pretty loud.

-------------
Ian

Posted By: hieronymous
Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 16:57
I voted Opeth - saw them last October - EXCEPT they didn't play much of the recent prog stuff, it was much heavier than I expected. So maybe I should have voted Rush or Yes. I'm going to see Goblin in a few months which I am very excited about!

Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 19:12
No, if Opeth was your last show then you made the right decision by voting for them. I wanted to include some of the bigger newer bands which is why I put them on there. I could have added Anathema too and Riverside but forgot. I would have added Porcupine Tree but they haven't toured in quite a while. The same thing with the Flower Kings I think.

Date Posted: August 15 2017 at 20:54
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

I pretty much take ear plugs to all gigs, it's usually only the jazz ones that are quiet enough for me not to use them. I have Kayo Dot coming up and assume that will be pretty loud.

I don't normally.. but we are going to see SC3 ( Clapyeah for me.. for the few bands I haven't seen I REALLY have wanted to see)  the week after Progday in a small club and those are the venues that can get a bit... extreme in volume... I might bow to advancing age and pack a set for that show. I'll never forget the Adrian Belew show at the Jammin' Java that left both Raff and I deaf for a week. Great show.. small venue... killer PA system haha.

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: b_olariu
Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 03:41
Jethro Tull(either version)

Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 05:44
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I'll never forget the Adrian Belew show at the Jammin' Java that left both Raff and I deaf for a week. Great show.. small venue... killer PA system haha.

You know that does permanent damage, right?

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 09:06
I have permanent damage too but it's in the form of tinnitus. I had a hearing test recently and no significant hearing loss. They told me I'm in the normal hearing range. I couldn't believe that when the told me so my response was "what?" :) Actually, I've heard about people going deaf for a week or a few days or whatever but that wasn't the case with me. I do have to be very careful at concerts though and plan on getting musicians earplugs as soon as I can afford them.

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 09:47
I also have tinnitus, but with minimal hearing loss. I can't understand what people are saying when they whisper to me, and have difficulty understanding what people are saying with background noise, but I also hear actual noises that most don't seem to notice.   

My tinnitus varies, and for days after the Magma concert it was bad and I had real trouble hearing people. I enjoy Magma, but the PA system was bad, not dynamic so the music lacked texture, like a wall of noise to my ears, and it was insanely loud. Due to my condition, it was probably harder to make out the individual sounds of the instruments during the concert, which is sad, cause it's often the subtleties that really make music enjoyable for me.

I don't know why they are allowed to play at that decibel level as I'm sure that exposure to that can cause damage. I complained afterwards, but they didn't seem to take it seriously. I thought they should at least warn people since not everyone is that experienced with such stuff. Had I known how loud it would be, I wouldn't have gone. if they need it that loud for the people who are hard of hearing because of hearing loss due to too loud music, well, rent hearing aids instead of selling ear plugs. I know loud music is supposed to create a sort of euphoria as it has an effect on the inner ear that affects your balance amonsgt other things. I just don't think its right. Think of the children....

I get all sorts of funny effects, high pitched noises in my ears, and even music blasting through my brain (usually Beethoven's 9th), so not sure how much of it is ear damage and how much is neurological. Firing guns and firecrackers had a bad effect on my ears, as did burst eardrums when on a far to fast aeroplane descent, which led to loss of hearing for a long time and a strip search by security in Japan for not understanding the questions while exhausted, hard of hearing, and in pain.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: Argo2112
Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 09:56
From this list it was the Steve Howe Yes.
 The last show I want to was Sir Paul.

Posted By: cemego
Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 14:30
Most recently Steve Wilson, but I would kill for Brand X reunion tour tickets coming up here..

-------------
listen to streaming stuff! no commercials!

http://wmom.servemp3.com:8000/listen.pls

Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 15:00
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Why don't some of you go to concerts(and festivals too I'm assuming). Is it because you don't have anyone to go with, can't afford it or live in a remote area where prog bands don't play near where you live?

For me, it's a combination of reasons....

1. I want to protect what is left of my hearing.  After seeing hundreds of concerts and bar shows, I'm not willing to push my luck any further, plugs or not.  Music is too important to me to throw away my hearing on stupid volume levels. 

2.  I can't afford it.  Not only the prices, but the insane fees and parking charges downtown. 

3.  Today's shows are pretty formulaic.  In the day, you never knew what might happen at a show.  It's was mostly kids.  You could smoke while watching the show.  The light show was minimal, so the set list was fluid.  It was about the music, not the "show."  Now it seems like a bunch of middle aged folks on date night, dancing around to a carefully scripted Pepsi commercial.  Nothing worse than watching an old couple sing along to an old "hit" song knowing that they're both thinking about what they're going to do after this concert ends.  We should have known enough to leave concerts to young people.  Hope I die before I get old?  Never trust anyone over 30?  Maybe not.  But for God's sake, we should have let concerts remain the turf of young people. 

4. I don't much like crowds of people anymore.  I suppose mostly claustrophobia with a touch of misanthropy.  I'd rather watch a concert DVD in the comfort of my home, with my better half and my cat.  I can party without worrying about a DWI.  I can control the volume.  The sound is better.  I don't have to pay $10 for a beer.  I can pee without waiting. 

5.  My last concert, the Peter Gabriel show, was about as good as it gets.  Why not stop on a high note?   In my mind, I can go back to a certain shows in the early 80s -- BOC, Yes, REM, Sab/Dio, Van Halen, countless local and regional bands in the clubs.  Without the bullsh*t online ticket sales, I could camp out at the local record store, and pull a 3rd row seat for about $12.   The nights were so dreamy and memorable, the result of being young combined with a very different time.  There is nothing among major rock acts that can provide a similar experience any more.  My best shot would be going to see new, unknown bands at a local dive bar.  I might be able to catch the spark there.

6. Cell phones.  Really, people?   

Posted By: Rednight
Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 17:42
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Steve Hackett at this club in San Jose way back in '92.  After a great
full band show, a roadie put a chair center stage then Steve came out
and played about 20 minutes of unaccompanied classical guitar for the
encore Wink

Saw 'im that year also in Hermosa Beach, Calif. with, magically enough, a three-piece Brand X opening the evening's festivities. I'm still pinching myself.

-------------
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno

Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 17:47
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I'll never forget the Adrian Belew show at the Jammin' Java that left both Raff and I deaf for a week. Great show.. small venue... killer PA system haha.

You know that does permanent damage, right?

pfffff...

Raff does.. which is why she now brings them. Me?  f**k it. I've learned Ian through life that the only thing that can kill me.. is myself... been set on fire, blown up, totaled several cars at high speed, shot and stabbed and lost part of my hearing in one ear due to an explosion...and survived the Spawn of Satan ....and outwardly other than a crooked nose thanks to being too lazy to get it set after it got broken by a flying beer bottle you'd never know it.  Indestructible... until I prove not to me.. then I really won't care for it will have finally killed me. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: August 16 2017 at 19:08
^ You sound like a stunt man. :D

Posted By: socrates17
Date Posted: September 07 2017 at 12:34
I probably should have voted for "I don't go to many...."  But I would have had to add "any more".  I used to go multiple times per week:  every weekend at the Cafe au Go Go, the Fillmore East, Max's Kansas City, CBGBs, the Lone Star, the Academy of Music/Palladium, the Bottom Line, Irving Plaza, Trammps, the Kitchen, the Knitting Factory, the Turning Point, Maxwell's, etc. depending on the decade.  I've flown from NJ to California for concerts and from NJ to the UK and France for concerts.  So, I've paid my dues.  I've just slowed down a bit since I'm now married.  My wife doesn't mind me going at all, but now that I'm responsible for someone else besides myself I have to think about the budget.  Also, I'm getting up there in age.  I was 53 when I married for the 1st & only time and I've been happily married for 16 years.  The big 7 0 is staring me in the face.
Nevertheless, the last band I saw live was a perennial favorite:  Magma.
The next band I'm seeing live is King Crimson in November.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk