Print Page | Close Window

news from Phideaux?

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=114163
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 17:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: news from Phideaux?
Posted By: spleenache
Subject: news from Phideaux?
Date Posted: March 10 2018 at 19:10
Has anyone heard from Phideaux recently? Last email from him to me was about two years ago (since then i lost his email address) when i was asking him about his upcoming album. He has told me that they were about  to go into the recording sessions and he was waiting for the engineer's time to be freed up. Well that was long time ago. I hope everything with him is OK and he is working on the next release. Does anyone have any news?

Replies:
Posted By: omphaloskepsis
Date Posted: March 10 2018 at 21:05
Xavier Phideaux's Facebook page has been unavailable for a year and half.  I think Xavier got tired of being pestered about Infernal.   I read that-  Phideaux violin player Ariel Farber commented (about 2 months ago) that there are reasons to be optimistic for a Late 2018 release.   

If your aching for everything, anything, something Phideaux, tune into Xavier Phideaux's directed "General Hospital" episode on March 19, 2018.  Staring Matt Cohen, Greg Evigan, Rebeca Herbst, and Kelly Monoco! Wink 

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: March 12 2018 at 08:01
He should get together with Tool.

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: March 12 2018 at 11:06
Tooldeux lol!

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: Floyd Steely
Date Posted: March 13 2018 at 21:28
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

If your aching for everything, anything, something Phideaux, tune into Xavier Phideaux's directed "General Hospital" episode on March 19, 2018.  Staring Matt Cohen, Greg Evigan, Rebeca Herbst, and Kelly Monoco! Wink 

Well, if nothing else, it's good to hear that Greg Evigan's still alive!

-------------
And if you can't be with the prog you love, honey, love the prog you're with.

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: March 14 2018 at 01:28
^ BJ & The Bear lol

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: March 15 2018 at 11:31
Happy to hear that Xavier is fine. His Doomsday Afternoon is a great album.

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: spleenache
Date Posted: March 16 2018 at 10:44
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Happy to hear that Xavier is fine. His Doomsday Afternoon is a great album.

Me too. Hope to hear from him.

Posted By: Phideaux
Date Posted: May 09 2018 at 08:10
greetings my friends.  Although I had to leave the world for awhile, my cold asteroid became too lonely, so I am back.  I have news of my new album Infernal, which will arrive late July/earlly August.  I'm very happy to finally have it done - although I have to say the slow nature off finishing it allowed me to examine many possibilities and fix problems I didn't perceive initially.

In truth, between work requirements and inability to get  time with my engineer, it has been difficult to find the time to finish.  But, now it's done - being mastered now, artwork ready for printing.

Double LP - clear red vinyl
Double CD - mini LP format sleeve

I hope everyone enjoys it.

Meanwhile there is an EP coming out late May with one or two songs from the album, plus some other unreleased things and alternate versions of tracks from the album. 

Thanks for you interest and support.  I promise you'll hear more from me sooner than you think.

Much love
Phideaux

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: May 09 2018 at 08:55
Excellent news, thanks for the update.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: TheGazzardian
Date Posted: May 09 2018 at 09:14
Best news I've heard in a long time and an instant buy on CD here even though I've been moving away from physical media Clap

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: May 09 2018 at 09:31
Great new. Thanx Xavier for posting.

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: Mascodagama
Date Posted: May 10 2018 at 01:10
Well bugger me with a cactus!

-------------
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
http://bandcamp.com/jpillbox" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp Profile

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: May 10 2018 at 09:38
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

Well bugger me with a cactus!

LOL

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: May 12 2018 at 17:50
Just ordered the new EP from Kinesis (apparently, they've made an exception to not getting anything new in stock for Phideaux).  Looking forward to hearing that and great to hear the new album will be along shortly. 

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Posted By: TheGazzardian
Date Posted: May 18 2018 at 14:34
There's a new EP? Is it possible to buy at bandcamp?

Posted By: guimabvue
Date Posted: May 18 2018 at 16:08
Yes! There is an EP and it is called 'We only have eyes for you'. It is available on Kinesis website (http://www.kinesiscd.com/storeframe1.htm) and Amazon.com.. Nothing on Bandcamp for now..

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: May 20 2018 at 01:36
Wow
Did not see this coming....but I am positively surprised. I genuinely feared that Infernal would become Prog's Chinese Democracy.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: May 20 2018 at 06:00
How come Infernal is up on the site when its not release until July 31st?

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: May 20 2018 at 06:07
Once a band is in everyone is free to add albums. I think Mayer added it.
Just for future purposes, and that goes for everyone: it'd be nice if we could wait just a wee bit longer before we add an album to the database. I know because I've already deleted Infernal once in the past...and woe and behold if there wasn't already a couple of Nostradamuses who'd rated the album 5 stars.
Nahh better just to wait until the album is out among early reviewers/promo copy go-getters.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: mbzr48
Date Posted: May 20 2018 at 10:44
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

How come Infernal is up on the site when its not release until July 31st?
Many albums have a preorder long before the album is out, when the info is available no reason not to post it, you would not be happy that let's say the Vinyl Is sold out on the release day and you wish that you got one Smile

Posted By: mbzr48
Date Posted: May 20 2018 at 10:45
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Just for future purposes, and that goes for everyone: it'd be nice if we could wait just a wee bit longer before we add an album to the database. I know because I've already deleted Infernal once in the past...and woe and behold if there wasn't already a couple of Nostradamuses who'd rated the album 5 stars.
Nahh better just to wait until the album is out among early reviewers/promo copy go-getters.
Many albums have a preorder long before the album is out, when the info is available no reason not to post it, you would not be happy that let's say the Vinyl Is sold out on the release day and you wish that you got oneSmile

Posted By: glass-moon
Date Posted: May 21 2018 at 01:18
It's happening! Is it? Yay!

-------------
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Date Posted: May 21 2018 at 01:44
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Many albums have a preorder long before the album is out, when the info is available no reason not to post it, you would not be happy that let's say the Vinyl Is sold out on the release day and you wish that you got oneSmile

Lots of reasons not to post it - most noteably to stop idiots from rating the album before it's out on the street. When I was part of the admin team I could've spent all day deleting bogus rating on Steven Wilson's/Dream Theater's/Transatlantic's newest album.
As for announcing the occation? We've got a whole dedicated subforum for that ie Prog News, which incidentally also is linked to via the frontpage.

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Rendref
Date Posted: May 21 2018 at 06:46
Great news!
When "Number 7 1/2" is released then? :)

But seriously, I've been waiting 6 years for that (as everyone, I guess). No pre-order yet opened?

-------------
http://www.normalisr.com/?username=Rendref&type=3month" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: natewait
Date Posted: June 03 2018 at 19:15
Has anyone heard the new Phideaux EP "We Only Have Eyes For You"? I stumbled across it on Bandcamp, and I think it is really worth a listen, it is excellent to my ears and a great teaser for the upcoming album. Each track blends right to the next, making it feel almost like a nice 20 minute epic. I especially love The Sleepers Wake, it is a really excellent track. 

It is just really refreshing to hear new Phideaux music, and I can't wait for the full length album. I'll be first in line to pre-order when it becomes available.

Here is the bandcamp link: https://mrmdistribution.bandcamp.com/album/we-only-have-eyes-for-you-ep

Just wanted to see if anybody else had any thoughts because I hadn't seen any yet. Smile

-------------
Please check out my Progressive Music Blog: http://leviathanprog.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - The Leviathan .

Posted By: Cag71
Date Posted: June 04 2018 at 05:31
I enjoy Phideaux's music a lot and have collected nearly all his releases so far, so particularly looking forward to the release of Infernal. I hope that this will also be available through Bandcamp.

Posted By: Micaiorb
Date Posted: July 16 2018 at 09:54
I went to preorder the Infernal LP from Just for Kicks Music's website and it said the release date was now September 7th. I emailed them about this and they said that the artist informed them that the release date had been postponed. I hope this isn't a bad sign and we go another 5 years with no information.

Posted By: DarkTower
Date Posted: August 06 2018 at 07:37
Finally, the new album by Phideaux will be released soon.
Good news. Phideaux is better on each and every album.
Snowtorch is really fantastic. I saw his band live in Quebec City a few years ago and it was really good.

Posted By: noni
Date Posted: August 06 2018 at 12:43
Looking forward to the new album Smile

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: August 06 2018 at 14:46
It is announced for 9 September, as I http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=112370&PID=5581182#5581182" rel="nofollow - posted in a rather unusual thread .

-------------

Posted By: johnobvious
Date Posted: August 10 2018 at 18:50
Review of the new album over on DPRP now. Sounds like the wait was worth it. Although there is this caveat so who really knows:

"Infernal has been a long time coming. It was first expected in 2013 and after numerous delayed release dates, it appears that it is finally ready to be released later this year."

-------------
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday

Date Posted: August 25 2018 at 12:08
Good afternoon People of the World.  I was going to post that I have a new album coming out, but then I saw this thread, so I will use this instead.  As you know I've been working on my double album, Infernal for the past 7 years.  Now, it's coming out - September 9, although it might be moved up for delivery early on Amazon.

Since this is the "Press releases" thread, here's the official press release:

Phideaux to Release “Infernal” in September: Double the Doom, Twice the Fun

Los Angeles, CA — US based artist Phideaux Xavier makes his long awaited return from a seven year hiatus with Infernal. The much anticipated release is a double album of fear, terror, and perhaps a ray of hope that will finally see the light of day on September 9, 2018. Infernal will be available in double red vinyl as well as 2 CDs in a gatefold mini-LP format.

Infernal is the final installment of Phideaux’s trilogy of albums that began in 2006 with The Great Leap. The second installment, Doomsday Afternoon, was a bombastic and complex opus, utilizing a 12 piece section of
the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra among a bevy of other musicians, old and new. Released in 2007, Doomsday garnered the attention of the progressive rock communities in the US and Europe. The many accolades and increasing interest led to invitations for Phideaux to play various festivals, such as RoSfest (US), Summer’s End (UK), Crescendo (France), and Terra Incognita (Canada).

While Phideaux has released other albums since Doomsday Afternoon (Number Seven, Snowtorch), Infernal returns to the stunning artwork and musical DNA from which the first two albums in the trilogy were created.

The singular "eco terror tale" continues with Infernal. Cryptic, melodic, mysterious and frightening, this new release is all one might hope to find within Phideaux’s new double creation. Infernal is "the end we saw begin”. At last.

Date Posted: September 03 2018 at 04:40
I snuck a peek yesterday and am thoroughly looking forward to the full kahuna.
Please don't let us wait another 6 years again Xavier!

What I did notice about my granted somewhat superficial sneekpeak was that melodies, hooks and some arrangements echo the former installments in the trilogy yet somehow retain a freshness about them.
Oh and I really missed those simple and highly melodic synth lines you sprinkle your albums in. Some times less is indeed more.

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 00:14
Hey friends, the official release date for my new album, Infernal, has been moved up and it's now available for stream and purchase on this planet.  I've been so lucky by the warm welcome I've been given upon my return to the land of the living. 

I can imagine how people were frustrated by the wolf crying of "coming soon" - and probably no one as annoyed as myself when impediment after impediment was put in my way.

To be fair, many of those impediments turned out the be blessings, because it gave me more time to reflect and react to the recording and to let the "statue" tell me which bits of marble to cut away.

And so, while I have wished I could work on the album, and wished my engineer was available to me, and wished I hadn't gotten absorbed in my day job, I have finally gotten the project completed.

Thanks for support and here's hoping folks will take a listen.  There's a free playlist of the album at soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/phideaux/sets/infernal

So take a listen and let me know what you think.

cheers,
Phideaux

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 06:53
got the new album at Progday..and good God man.. it is so good to hear them again. This album rules....

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 06:58
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

Hey friends, the official release date for my new album, Infernal, has been moved up and it's now available for stream and purchase on this planet.  I've been so lucky by the warm welcome I've been given upon my return to the land of the living. 

I can imagine how people were frustrated by the wolf crying of "coming soon" - and probably no one as annoyed as myself when impediment after impediment was put in my way.

To be fair, many of those impediments turned out the be blessings, because it gave me more time to reflect and react to the recording and to let the "statue" tell me which bits of marble to cut away.

And so, while I have wished I could work on the album, and wished my engineer was available to me, and wished I hadn't gotten absorbed in my day job, I have finally gotten the project completed.

Thanks for support and here's hoping folks will take a listen.  There's a free playlist of the album at soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/phideaux/sets/infernal

So take a listen and let me know what you think.

cheers,
Phideaux

fabulous album.  You knocked that baby out of the park, and a word of personal thanks for the very kind note you sent my wife (Raffaella). Very sweet. It meant a lot to her, and to me.

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 13:26
Micky!  Thank you for your kind words about the album.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Give my love to Raffaella.  She has been such a great supporter, and is a lovely person.  I remember having breakfast with her at Rosfest one year in the cafe.  Always great to run into!

cheers PX

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 15:14
I'm also looking forward to buying the new album by Phideaux ...been a relatively new fan for the last 5 years or so.
:)

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: LearsFool
Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 16:14
It's an excellent record, exactly what I've been waiting so patiently and expectantly for. Bravo!

-------------

Posted By: Quinino
Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 16:22
Already available on bandcamp

(and sounds fabulous - thanks Phideaux, it was worth the waiting)

Date Posted: September 04 2018 at 17:54

Micky!  Thank you for your kind words about the album.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Give my love to Raffaella.  She has been such a great supporter, and is a lovely person.  I remember having breakfast with her at Rosfest one year in the cafe.  Always great to run into!

cheers PX

Yeah that album hits about the 3 or so G-spots I have and all at once.  ahhhh

I definitely will and yeah she is an angel. Hope to see you all out here on the right coast some time soon.  Your albums are great but it was seeing you at the Orion, very up and and personal that made me the fan I am.   

-------------

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: September 05 2018 at 12:17
Special Collabs who talks and reply to senior members..!?

What the f**k is going on with this place!

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2018 at 14:50
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Special Collabs who talks and reply to senior members..!? *emotici-snip*

What the f**k is going on with this place!

*emotici-snip*

*spits a damn good beer on monitor*

I'm more surprised they talk to me..  she is the beauty and brains... I am just the roadkill looking big mouth...  

first time I was called.  Raff's husband.. as in.. 'OH you are Raff's husband'  Forget all I have done in prog... pfff... I discovered the proper rotation of the prog universe yes sir

-------------

Posted By: twseel
Date Posted: September 07 2018 at 10:57
Glad the album is out! And it's great, I wasn't disappointed at all; in fact I think this is the strongest I've heard from him/you. You can definitely hear where the effort of perfecting every sound went, it's immaculately put together really.

-------------

Posted By: POTA
Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 20:41
This is one of the strongest, most musically rich releases I’ve heard in a long time. I mentioned elsewhere that I almost forgot music of this quality could still be produced. 

Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 23:13
Does anyone know how to contact a moderator on this forum?  I can't seem to post any comments aside from in this spot.  I keep getting error "access denied" messages.

Posted By: Rivertree
Date Posted: September 17 2018 at 03:22
sorry, but that is what we call normality lately ...

-------------
https://awesomeprog.com/users/Rivertree" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: September 18 2018 at 00:05
Ordered

Date Posted: September 18 2018 at 07:26
Found some older info regarding the other releases which were hinted before:

Also, because Doomsday Afternoon has been out of print for about a year, we are making an upgraded new version to release simultaneously with Infernal. In fact, Doomsday Afternoon and a remixed "re-envisioned" version of The Great Leap will be out on vinyl as a result. Because both those albums are 60ish minutes, they are 3 sided LPs and therefore will be released together as a 3 LP version (sharing side 3's). Only The Great Leap will have some bonus track material (to round out a slightly short "side 3".

... so since we now have you here... how's that going? Smile
thx

-------------
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: September 18 2018 at 08:31
Looks like the physical copies are unavailable in Canada...okay, I think I'll pass on that.

-------------

Posted By: silverpot
Date Posted: September 18 2018 at 16:47

Does anyone know how to contact a moderator on this forum?  I can't seem to post any comments aside from in this spot.  I keep getting error "access denied" messages.

I also get that message when I try to post with emoticons.

Date Posted: September 18 2018 at 21:24

sorry abou that man. The owner of the site is a prick and an a****le and doesn't care enough to fix this.

-------------

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: September 19 2018 at 00:23
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

sorry abou that man. The owner of the site is a prick and an a****le and doesn't care enough to fix this.

well pull your finger out then LOL

Date Posted: September 19 2018 at 00:50
thanks for the info re. error messages.  Glad it's not just me.

As for physical copies in Canada, we are having trouble with Amazon, but they are available thru Terra Incognita.

As for upgraded Leap/Doom, I was just in a horrible session today, trying to integrate mixes from Pro Tools 9 into Pro Tools 11, with plug ins that are no longer compatible.  So, it's going to be a few weeks before we can get the long hoped for rehabilitations of Doomsday Afternoon and The Great Leap up and running. 

I'm excited to hear Doomsday in it's best audio resolution - we won't be remixing that one, just upgrading the sonic soundscape, whereas The Great Leap might sound quite different.

cheers and thanks for the info and interest.

Posted By: DarkTower
Date Posted: September 19 2018 at 07:14
Try to clear history from your browser before posting. It may solve the Access Denied issue

Date Posted: June 14 2019 at 14:27

thanks for the info re. error messages.  Glad it's not just me.

As for physical copies in Canada, we are having trouble with Amazon, but they are available thru Terra Incognita.

As for upgraded Leap/Doom, I was just in a horrible session today, trying to integrate mixes from Pro Tools 9 into Pro Tools 11, with plug ins that are no longer compatible.  So, it's going to be a few weeks before we can get the long hoped for rehabilitations of Doomsday Afternoon and The Great Leap up and running. 

I'm excited to hear Doomsday in it's best audio resolution - we won't be remixing that one, just upgrading the sonic soundscape, whereas The Great Leap might sound quite different.

cheers and thanks for the info and interest.
Hi there Xavier, any news?
PS: Really enjoying the Infernal.

-------------

Posted By: geekfreak
Date Posted: December 18 2022 at 01:07
I’m a newbie to the music of Phideaux and as. I’ve absolutely no idea what album to start with can. Someone please point me in the right direction thanks.

-------------
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<

Posted By: miamiscot
Date Posted: December 18 2022 at 10:48
Start with his masterpiece: Doomsday Afternoon. If you don't like that one...

-------------
The Prog Corner

Posted By: Rottenprogger
Date Posted: December 18 2022 at 15:11
Another new (to me) artist that I've discovered thanks to these boards. Phideaux's Bandcamp is chockfull of great music and I'm enjoying it immensely! 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk