Forum Description: Discuss any topic at all that is not music-related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=114272
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 15:56
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Motorsport Thread 2018
Posted By: Man With Hat
Subject: The Motorsport Thread 2018
Date Posted: March 24 2018 at 00:38
Well, with sleeper sleeping the beginning of this years motorsports action has flew by the ol' PA machine. With the F1 season starting up I figured this would be a good time to start those engines. 

Go, go, go. 

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Replies:
Posted By: Beirate94
Date Posted: March 28 2018 at 06:52
Hello people i was interested of tire size calculator site, i found this https://tirereviews.co/wheel-tire-size-calculator/ to make sure i would like to see other calculator too, could somone advise me onother?! thanks a lot!

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: March 28 2018 at 10:43
F1 halo? Hell-no.

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: March 28 2018 at 10:58
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

F1 halo? Hell-no.
Honestly it didn't look nearly as ugly as I thought it would. In most shots I barely even noticed it was there.

Date Posted: March 28 2018 at 11:49
Well, I couldn't help noticing it! Damn ugly and stupid looking! LOL But it was a good win for Vettel last Sunday (Saturday?)

-------------

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: April 07 2018 at 05:56
5th place finish for Alonso?
What is this madness!?!?

Still a bit sad that Kimi, who as ya know was my fav driver of my F1 time, is holding the seat at Ferrari. Really feel it should've to Hulk, though by this point he's prob too old and it'll go to the next 20 year old. 
Here's to a good season, hoping Vettel can pull this one out, or ya know someone besides him and Seb but let's be real here haha

Date Posted: April 09 2018 at 06:54
^ 7th for Fernando is a bit more like it! Wink And who's the Gastly dude who took 4th last Sunday?

Vettel did it again! Nice drive. Not sure why Kimi didn't keep going after his incident. The old wheel and tire was still securely on the car. He still might have ended up in the points.

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 04:14
Great race today thanks to Verstappen. Nice climb from Kimi too after practically throwing away the podium to give Vettel a chance to win.

Posted By: MillsLayne
Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 17:02
Alexander Rossi flat out dominated the weekend in Long Beach and now has three wins on three of the top tracks in all of racing.

-------------
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbox/user/MillsLayne/" rel="nofollow">

ht

Date Posted: April 16 2018 at 15:06
Ricciardo takes China! Great drive. Great race! They should have put these stupid looking halos on the cars years ago as the racing is superb! Clown

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2018 at 17:50
Classic Bristol bump 'n' run is back!  It was the Kyle & Kyle show at the end and it was Rowdy Busch on the bumping end of said move, bumping Larson out of the way with six laps to go to claim his 45th Cup series win!

-------------

ht

Date Posted: May 25 2018 at 14:36
Indy (500) this Sunday. Whoever gets the new areo package right will run away with it. Penske? I'm going going with Danica as the dark horse. Just because.

-------------

Date Posted: May 26 2018 at 13:49
Looking forward to all three races on the best sunday in motorsport. 8-) 

-------------

Posted By: noni
Date Posted: May 26 2018 at 14:46
Great Pole for Daniel in Monaco

Date Posted: May 27 2018 at 03:45
^ Absolutely! He's owed a win after losing to a pit miscue a couple of years ago. 3 classic races, one day. Whew!

-------------

Date Posted: May 27 2018 at 10:00
Pretty boring race tbh.

Date Posted: May 27 2018 at 12:51
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Pretty boring race tbh.

It was, but what a great win by Daniel  Ricciardo,  well deserved IMO  Smile

Date Posted: May 27 2018 at 13:02
Well, redemption served. Congrats Daniel!

Date Posted: May 27 2018 at 13:11
And now the Indy 500. Power currently leads. I hope Alex Rossi can manage to pull it off

Date Posted: May 27 2018 at 14:08
Congrats to Power! Always liked the guy, glad he was able to be in the right position there at the end. 

Great reaction in victory lane too 

-------------

Date Posted: May 27 2018 at 18:51
Even though Indy was a little different today, I enjoyed the hell out of it.  And Rossi revealed how big his balls were today, too.

-------------

ht

Date Posted: May 28 2018 at 01:28
600 was a snoozefest. 

glad kyle held on though 

-------------

Date Posted: May 28 2018 at 20:19
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

600 was a snoozefest. 

glad kyle held on though 

Trust me, I was nervous as hell those last few laps.  No way did I think he'd be able to dominate literally all night long like that.

-------------

ht

Date Posted: May 29 2018 at 03:55
Good win by Power. I've come to like him more now that he's not running over the top of everyone to get to first. He's become a cool, calculating and  fast driver, IMHO. Congrats to Daniel for the obvious reasons. I turned off the World 600. Too boring to watch after seeing Monaco I'm afraid. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: May 29 2018 at 03:57

Pretty boring race tbh.
Confused It's Monaco. What did you expect?

-------------

Date Posted: May 29 2018 at 04:14

Pretty boring race tbh.
Well there wasn't even one proper safety car and despite the new tyre everyone in the front only stopped once.

Date Posted: May 29 2018 at 09:30

Pretty boring race tbh.
Well there wasn't even one proper safety car and despite the new tyre everyone in the front only stopped once.

The problem with this race that everyone was saving their tyres.   This is not racing.  Though I am glad that Daniel won though!!...Smile

Date Posted: May 29 2018 at 14:35
^ Monaco is so iconic but I don't remember ever seeing one on TV that was not a procession. The first one I watched was in 1975 on ABC's Wide World of Sports (I think). It was run in the rain with Lauda winning. The rain added a lot of excitement and going through that tunnel! Wow!

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2018 at 17:16
Doh! Cant believe I forgot to post here. I was travelling at the time. 

Belated congrats to Ricciardo! Redemption served! 

Congrats to Seb for his Canada win! 
Takes a, razor thin, lead for the title again. THIS is what Im talking about, real competition. 

Unlike Kimi....hurts to say from your biggest fan since 2003, time to hang it up Iceman. Unless Seb is that superior with a car that is beneath him (which is possible) he just isn't hanging at all. Kinda sad, someone else could be there.

Date Posted: June 10 2018 at 19:31
^Like Ricciardo.  Could you imagine the fight he could give Seb, if the team allowed it?  It would make F1 interesting again.

Scott Dixon takes a pretty dominating win last night at Texas and takes the points lead over Alexander Rossi and Will Power, who had issues and dropped to third.  I'm still hoping Rossi can keep his consistency going and take the title fight to Sonoma when I go. Tongue

-------------

ht

Date Posted: June 11 2018 at 00:36
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

^Like Ricciardo.  Could you imagine the fight he could give Seb, if the team allowed it?  It would make F1 interesting again.

Scott Dixon takes a pretty dominating win last night at Texas and takes the points lead over Alexander Rossi and Will Power, who had issues and dropped to third.  I'm still hoping Rossi can keep his consistency going and take the title fight to Sonoma when I go. Tongue

Red Bull need to focus on Daniel and not Max here!!....  Too many mistakes by Max and Daniel has been the loyal supporter here offering the best chance!!,   wake up Red Bull!!...................................Confused

Date Posted: June 18 2018 at 16:35
I can't believe no one is talking about Alonso conquering the second leg of the Triple Crown over the weekend, as "easy" as it might have come.  Now, he needs to come back to IndyCar full time and conquer Indy.  

-------------

ht

Date Posted: February 24 2019 at 12:54
Wow. Apologies for the mega absence. Life getting in the way of important things like the internet! 

Way too much to possibly catch up on. 
First, congrats to Lewis on another title. 
Funny, way early on in his career I remember saying, probably here!, I bet that guy will end up being the one to rival Schumacher's title record, and possibly his win and some other ones. I thought he'd be in a career rivalry against Alonso for it, or possibly Vettel. 

Damn shame what happened to Alonso, back half of his career wasted, one of the top talents (I still maintain the best actual driver) of the era just squandered. BUT, seems 10 years later I was indeed right on Lewis. 5 titles! 73 wins. Wow, and I dont think Merc is gunna fall off any time soon. I think he may actually do it. 

Agreed with Alonso, so epic he got LeMans and he deff needs to get to Indy, even if not full time at least the 500. He may be able to do so without running full time, didn't he lead some laps and was running strong before the car failed? 
He also snuck in a 24 hours of Daytona win :)

Really intrigued to see how Leclerc will run with Ferrari, and WTF!? Ricciardo leaving to go to Renault? Crazy days, I cant see how that wont be a detrimental for him. Good luck to Gasly, personally I'd have liked to see Ocon get it, he's really impressed me. 

Congrats to Dixon on a 5th Indy title! Putting him second all time (all series) for American Open WheelClap
And certainly the most successful of modern American Open Wheel. (Not the most dominant I'd say that goes to Dario)
Glad to see some Americans continuing to find success. Hoping to see Rossi be a big name going forward. 

Date Posted: March 24 2019 at 13:50
WOW. 
What an utterly s**t race for Power. Lead every lap and totally dominant, like everything set up for a cruise to win (the yellow did make things interesting) and to have the car break on the pit stop. Just wow. 
They kept talking about how he maybe should've pitted already to avoid getting caught by a potential yellow, like what happened, just what could've been. 

Pretty crap for Rossi too, who was so clearly set for 2nd and got screwed big by that yellow. It always seemed very unfair to me how that can happen, I mean its part of it I know but its pure out of your hands luck, Power was griping about it. I suppose Dixon got kinda screwed too, overcame a meh car to get into I think a top 5 finish coming. Yeah kinda messed up a totally random yellow can mess things up. 

Ah well, awesome for Colton Herta! Win at 18 years old. Wow. 
Great podium with Newgarden and RHR

Date Posted: April 14 2019 at 12:42
Yikes guess this thread finally has died :( 

Well, another win for Hami. Im hoping this can be a more balanced year, though idk if Bottas is capable of challenging him for a whole season, nor do I think Ferrari will be much of a threat. 

Looking forward to Long Beach!!

Date Posted: July 28 2019 at 09:54
Good one today k

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk