Print Page | Close Window

What statement do you get most tired of hearing?

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=114419
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 16:47
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What statement do you get most tired of hearing?
Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Subject: What statement do you get most tired of hearing?
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 09:54
Kind of an odd poll topic but I'm curious anyway since sometimes I hear the same things from people who maybe don't know any better. 

Replies:
Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:13
"The best musicians are Prog musicians" is probably what I'm tired of hearing from many prog fans. "What is that stuff you listen to called?" is probably what I'm more tired of listening from non-Prog fans.

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:14
Wow, I didn't even think of those but you are right. Good ones. 

Posted By: ForestFriend
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:21
Basically any variant of "It's been done before" or "This music is not "progressing" rock, but it fits into the genre of prog rock, therefore it's bad".

As far as I'm concerned, as long as a band is making good music, it shouldn't matter if they've got a brand new sound, or if they're going for a retro vibe. And on the other hand, just because someone is pushing the envelope or breaking barriers, it doesn't mean their music is any good.

-------------
https://borealkinship.bandcamp.com/releases" rel="nofollow - My prog band - Boreal Kinship

Posted By: ReactioninG
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:23
I picked Eighties Yes and Genesis suck.

Owner of A Lonely Heart!
Much Better Than An
Abacab!
Isn't anywhere
doesn't really care
Big Generator!
Hands upon the wheel
Moving to the left
(Moving!)
Land of Confusion!
This is the world we live in
and these are the hands we're given

eh? eh?

Posted By: Tapfret
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:28
Any statement with the words "musical masturbation". Tends to say more about the speaker than the intended target.
"I don't like complexity for the sake of complexity." Well la-dee-da Carnac the Magnificent. Thank you for having your finger on the pulse of artists and interpreting their true motivation for me. 
Also, any "...overrated....underrated..." narrative. 

-------------
https://www.last.fm/user/Tapfret" rel="nofollow">
https://bandcamp.com/tapfret" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:57
Other: "Sounds like they're making it up as they go along." (!!!)

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 12:46
Other.
Any modern band, that's very derivative of 70s prog is bad.
That statement has come up a buncha times in some PA reviews. I can't recall any particular instance unfortunately. IMO that's a narrow minded way of thinking.
EDIT:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=500464" rel="nofollow - Oh, okay! Here's a great example of this!

-------------
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 14:20
Well, if I read something where a review tries to degrade an album by saying it sounds like Yes all that tells me is that I would probably like it since Yes are one of my favorite bands. Also, I've never heard Wobbler described as a copy band before. I doubt they are more of a Yes wannabe band than Marillion was to Genesis. Anyway, "it sounds too much like such and such band" is a good example of a statement that is used a lot in the prog community. I find that sometimes it's true but more times than not even if it has a passing resemblance to an older band(which is sometimes more or less inevitable)people will make that statement. 

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 14:34
option 2 

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Quinino
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 15:12
"Music shouldn't be complex - after all it's just meant to entertain while one is doing something else, right?"

Posted By: Tillerman88
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 15:12
Other:

"Pink Floyd are prog."

"The Who are proto-prog."

"Deep Purple are proto-prog."

"Led Zeppelin are proto-prog"

"Grateful Dead are proto-prog."

Doh...........

-------------
The overwhelming amount of information on a daily basis restrains people from rewinding the news record archives to refresh their memories...

Posted By: Upbeat Tango Monday
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 15:21
I'm tired of the "prog rock is not progressing" as well. It's a musical genre that's almost free form since its inception. You can play any instrument, do whatever the f*** you want, even a didgeridoo solo. So that statement is fairly idiotic.
Steven Wilson, for instance, adhered to that quote instead of saying he wanted to make a pop record. That's cowardice and fear telling it how it is, fear of alienating the fanbase and losing sales.

-------------
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.

Posted By: Squonk19
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 16:46
"How can you like them? ..they're sooooooo mainstream!"

-------------
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”

Posted By: Frenetic Zetetic
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 17:27
OTHER, for a variety of reasons:

"This sounds incoherent"
"This sounds like they're making it up"
"This sounds like they're not even trying"
"This is pretentious and too busy" 
"Musical masturbation/complexity for the sake of it" (usually said by a person who doesn't have a definition of what constitutes complex, but insists that the music is too complex for their liking anyway)

-------------

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 17:42
Got another one: "Who listens to the bass in a song?"

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 17:42
Originally posted by ForestFriend ForestFriend wrote:

Basically any variant of "It's been done before" or "This music is not "progressing" rock, but it fits into the genre of prog rock, therefore it's bad".

As far as I'm concerned, as long as a band is making good music, it shouldn't matter if they've got a brand new sound, or if they're going for a retro vibe. And on the other hand, just because someone is pushing the envelope or breaking barriers, it doesn't mean their music is any good.
Pretty much what I was going to say. Handshake The 'progressive' in rock has always been more about progressing the basic song with variation rather than doing something that hasn't been done before. There is room for that, of course, and we have to allow our artists to follow their own vision - whether that vision was conceived 50 years or 50 days ago.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: maryes
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 18:56

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 19:31
I see a lot of posts on youtube when I watch GG videos or KC or any old seventies band and almost inevitably I will read someone say "there aren't any bands like this anymore." I just changed it to prog in this site. I get tired of having to point out to these guys that prog still exist. Seriously they are typing on the internet how can they still think prog died? I don't get it. 

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 21:03
Out of the ones here and I will get hate for it too

"In the court of the Crimson King was the first prog album"

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Posted By: tempest_77
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 22:15
"There aren't any good prog bands anymore." Yes there are they just aren't in the Top 40 anymore because it's not the 1970s.

Posted By: Mortte
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 22:18
You could have added there also "Jethro Tull isnīt prog". Anyway I am tired to hear this or that isnīt prog, I donīt care whatīs prog and whatīs not, all I care is something great music or not. And also thatīs is just a matter of different opinions, there are no exact truths whatsīs great music and whatīs not.

Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 22:27
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I see a lot of posts on youtube when I watch GG videos or KC or any old seventies band and almost inevitably I will read someone say "there aren't any bands like this anymore." I just changed it to prog in this site. I get tired of having to point out to these guys that prog still exist. Seriously they are typing on the internet how can they still think prog died? I don't get it. 
My personal opinion is the the most interesting music after seventies hasnīt mostly come from the prog. But of course I donīt want to say any music genre has died, although real RīN`R is very close to it. And also to me prog is keeping alive at the moment only Knifeworld & Faust, well Circle too, but I think even themselves are not calling their music prog. And Procol Harum, Hawkwind, Roger Waters & Strawbs made great albums last year, but does those artists continue making good albums, thatīs good question.

Posted By: twosteves
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 22:30
Originally posted by ReactioninG ReactioninG wrote:

I picked Eighties Yes and Genesis suck.

Owner of A Lonely Heart!
Much Better Than An
Abacab!
Isn't anywhere
doesn't really care
Big Generator!
Hands upon the wheel
Moving to the left
(Moving!)
Land of Confusion!
This is the world we live in
and these are the hands we're given

eh? eh?
a lot of great 80's Genesis----not a lot of great 80's Yes

Posted By: ForestFriend
Date Posted: April 11 2018 at 23:06
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Other.
That statement has come up a buncha times in some PA reviews. I can't recall any particular instance unfortunately. IMO that's a narrow minded way of thinking.
EDIT:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=500464" rel="nofollow - Oh, okay! Here's a great example of this!

One thing I've never understood is why it's seemingly so taboo to sound like 70s prog as compared to any other genre. I see that attitude when people talk about Opeth's newer albums; it's "regressive" because they've made their 70s prog influences more obvious instead of doing the same death metal album over and over again.

-------------
https://borealkinship.bandcamp.com/releases" rel="nofollow - My prog band - Boreal Kinship

Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 02:17
[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

I think this might the only opinion about KC that I agree with you. That statement doesnīt irritate me and I can understand why itīs made. Court still is one of the greatest Crimson albums, also have to remember itīs their first album, there were of course also many other bands that showed their whole potential in their first album, but not many as great way. But still, why just that album is said first prog album? Most of itīs songs still had typical pop song structure (verse, chorus, solo in the middle), also there had been same kind of long improvisation periods in psychedelic albums as there is in Moonchild. Month after Court became Colosseum Valentyne Suite, it has one side long epic that Court doesnīt have, why it isnīt the first prog album? Also, where comes the line between protoprog and prog? Why Court isnīt protoprog-album (if I remember right Valentyne Suite is called protoprogalbum)? Also, when Court is called progalbum, I think easily Moodies Days Of Future and Procol Shine On Brightly could have called, theyīre concept album or include long epic, Court isnīt either. Also Familyīs Music In a Dollīs House is much more concept album than Court, there are those theme variations all over the album, also in songs there are many progstructures.

Anyway if I have to give first progalbum title to some album, I would choose Beatles Sgt. Although most of itīs songs are pop songs, there are songs like Lucy In the Sky, Benefit of Mr. Kite, Within You Without You and specially a Day In Life that breaks out the ordinary popsong structure (I would call a Day In Life one of the first prog epics). But what most important, itīs concept album, and really work as an album, just like album become the prog music unit. And also, that album cover was the style what most progalbums would have too. If Beatles hadnīt made Sgt, I believe prog would have sounded and also looked a lot different.

Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 02:27
Originally posted by ForestFriend ForestFriend wrote:

Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Other.
EDIT:

One thing I've never understood is why it's seemingly so taboo to sound like 70s prog as compared to any other genre. I see that attitude when people talk about Opeth's newer albums; it's "regressive" because they've made their 70s prog influences more obvious instead of doing the same death metal album over and over again.
I really love sixties-seventies style and sounds and havenīt got nothing against of using them in todayīs albums. I think the most problem in todayīs old sounding prog is that there are lots same kind of melodies, also really I have had hard to find that "clue" what is important to me in music, some new progsongs sounds to me that theyīve just put in a row themes that hasnīt got anything to do with each other. I am just not interested music that really much reminds me something that I have already listened a lot. I am searching from new music some personality, something that hasnīt made before just that way. But anyway I like those few last Opeth albums much more than their earlier albums (except Damnation).

Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 02:35
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Dude YES. Exactly. I post comments on GG vids all the time. It's a 50/50 split between older guys who were there at the time, and younger kids who can't figure out how they know about Opeth, Dream Theater, etc, but never heard Gentle Giant. Amazing. Prog is like brand new to those kids, lmao.

-------------

Posted By: Cristi
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 02:50
all of them, because they are more or less inaccurate (LOL)

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 02:59
Prog died in the seventies of too much emphasis. It did not matter for me at that time. Today it's no longer possible.

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 04:00
(Agree that all the choices are grievously irritating) but Voted Other:

'Prog (and Jazz) fans are more intelligent than fans of other more mainstream music'

The most brilliant person I know is a member of MENSA, designs relational databases and manages huge mainframe computer systems for many famous corporate clients and his favourite band is....Smokie Shocked

-------------

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 04:54
Many of these I don't care about. Actually the only nonsense here that could really annoy me is "punk killed prog". By which I don't mean to say I agree with all the others. (Having all these statements in a "which one you like/agree with most"-poll may also be fun.)

Posted By: Meltdowner
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 04:58
As someone who likes both Punk and Prog, I dislike the "Punk killed Prog" statement.

Posted By: miamiscot
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 08:37
Most of those statements have some truth to them except that there are no good bands left.
Don't tell Big Big Train, Wobbler, Kotebel, The Neal Morse Band, Deluge Grander or Cheer-Accident that.

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 08:39
'All of the above'..,,,,.as someone else already mentioned....
though I do get a little tired of hearing claims about bands that should be or should not be called prog...like 'The Beach Boys'. Every few months someone gets a bug up their butt about them or The Beatles being prog or not and/or the first true prog band.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 08:41
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Most of those statements have some truth to them except that there are no good bands left.
Don't tell Big Big Train, Wobbler, Kotebel, The Neal Morse Band, Deluge Grander or Cheer-Accident that.

Thanks for mentioning 'Cheer Accident'.....my friend Greg who lives in Chicago is friends with several members of that band and I have been meaning to re-visit their music for some time but forgot all about them.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Matti
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 09:58
"Pink Floyd aren't prog", because that's an opinion occasionally popping up in the meetings of prog friends.

In general, perhaps the thought that prog songs are always long. 

Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 14:39
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

[/QUOT
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

I think this might the only opinion about KC that I agree with you. That statement doesnīt irritate me and I can understand why itīs made. Court still is one of the greatest Crimson albums, also have to remember itīs their first album, there were of course also many other bands that showed their whole potential in their first album, but not many as great way. But still, why just that album is said first prog album? Most of itīs songs still had typical pop song structure (verse, chorus, solo in the middle), also there had been same kind of long improvisation periods in psychedelic albums as there is in Moonchild. Month after Court became Colosseum Valentyne Suite, it has one side long epic that Court doesnīt have, why it isnīt the first prog album? Also, where comes the line between protoprog and prog? Why Court isnīt protoprog-album (if I remember right Valentyne Suite is called protoprogalbum)? Also, when Court is called progalbum, I think easily Moodies Days Of Future and Procol Shine On Brightly could have called, theyīre concept album or include long epic, Court isnīt either. Also Familyīs Music In a Dollīs House is much more concept album than Court, there are those theme variations all over the album, also in songs there are many progstructures.

Anyway if I have to give first progalbum title to some album, I would choose Beatles Sgt. Although most of itīs songs are pop songs, there are songs like Lucy In the Sky, Benefit of Mr. Kite, Within You Without You and specially a Day In Life that breaks out the ordinary popsong structure (I would call a Day In Life one of the first prog epics). But what most important, itīs concept album, and really work as an album, just like album become the prog music unit. And also, that album cover was the style what most progalbums would have too. If Beatles hadnīt made Sgt, I believe prog would have sounded and also looked a lot different.
[/QUOTE]

Clap

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Posted By: Prog Sothoth
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 15:05
Prog died in the late 70's is probably the most annoying since it's objectively not true.

A specific one concerning my tastes is this:
"The music's really technical but it's ruined by the cookie monster vocals."

I totally understand not being into growling, it's a real  acquired taste that even I had to get used to back when they started creeping into metal. But c'mon man, if the Cookie Monster actually sounded like the dude from Gorguts or even Mike Akerfeldt circa 2000, little kids all over the world would be soiling their training undies in unison.Shocked

Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 16:14
How about this one or some variation of it: "I thought Yes and Genesis(or you could add Rush or Kansas also) were just rock bands."

Posted By: twosteves
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 18:35
Here's one that drives me up a wall---if I said to someone back in college--I love Yes. Reply: Oh yeah they are just like Styx, Journey and Foreigner. WTF? LOL

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 19:15
None in particular but most snobbish comments in general.

-------------

Date Posted: April 12 2018 at 19:43
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Here's one that drives me up a wall---if I said to someone back in college--I love Yes. Reply: Oh yeah they are just like Styx, Journey and Foreigner. WTF? LOL

Lmaooo

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 01:53
"Camel is elevator music".

When I hear that, I know the clown who says it has never actually listened to them.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 02:32

I'm so thankful for my dad's stories, because he was a huge Yes fan in their prime, and he's make it a point to correct people lumping them in with those bands LOL. "The girls think Yes and Foreigner are the same thing!!!" *shakes head* LOLClap

-------------

Posted By: gr8dane
Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 05:29

Don't know when your college days were,but,If it was around the time of Owner of a lonely heart, it's really not that far off.

-------------
Shake & bake.

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 06:27
Other: Linkedin is not Facebook  LOL

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 06:31
"Punk killed prog"

No it didn't.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 06:36
correct. Prog is still alive. What happened of punk?

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 09:27
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

I'm so thankful for my dad's stories, because he was a huge Yes fan in their prime, and he's make it a point to correct people lumping them in with those bands LOL. "The girls think Yes and Foreigner are the same thing!!!" *shakes head* LOLClap

I never really noticed it much with Yes but I have noticed it a bit with Kansas. Imo, it's more understandable for people to lump Kansas in with those than Yes since most Yes radio songs didn't sound like the typical aor arena rock stuff. However, anyone who has heard the entire seventies albums by Kansas would know they don't deserved to be lumped in with Foreigner or Boston or whoever also. Heck, I've even seen people on this site(who should know better)try to lump Kansas in with those bands. In fact I should have put that down as one of the options "Kansas aren't prog." Tongue

Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 19:43
^Its amazing how many times I have heard people say Boston and Kansas are the same.

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 23:06
I'm surprised no one mentioned the "Phil Collins ruined Genesis" statement we often see. (LOL)

Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 23:19
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I'm surprised no one mentioned the "Phil Collins ruined Genesis" statement we often see. (LOL)

That was said a lot over on the progressive ears website also so I'm wondering if someone who's a member of both sites brought it over from there. 

Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 23:21
Mostly Phil Collins ruined Phil Collins.

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 23:28
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

nope, Mike and Tony wanted the pop direction, too. They are the main songwriters anyway. 

Posted By: axeman
Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 01:24
Other: "Noodling"

-------------
-John

Posted By: axeman
Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 01:26
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

correct. Prog is still alive. What happened of punk?
Died in a back alley of a combination overdose and safety pin infection. 

-------------
-John

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 06:19
wouldn't say I'm tired of any... but giving the vote to the first option since there are various degrees of truth to all but that one.

the first is an oft repeated alt-fact created by moronic red hattted Trump supporters, K.C fanboys, historical revisionists, and people who simply don't know jack sh*t about prog rock hahah

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 06:35
The Beatles anything. The Beatles suck, actually......

Posted By: MortSahlFan
Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 06:37
"Why don't you like new stuff?"

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 06:46
"There aren't any good prog bands any more", just plain lazy, there's boatloads of good new stuff released every year, you just have to look for it.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 10:23

nope, Mike and Tony wanted the pop direction, too. They are the main songwriters anyway. 

Nope?

So Rutherford and Banks were responsible for "No Jacket Required" and "...but seriously"?

-------------

Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 10:31

Nope?

So Rutherford and Banks were responsible for "No Jacket Required" and "...but seriously"?

I am talking about Genesis. You are talking about Phil Collins solo. 

Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 14:02

Nope?

You replied to a comment which said nothing about Genesis.

-------------

Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 15:26

Nope?

You replied to a comment which said nothing about Genesis.

sorry, my bad :)

Posted By: GrandHighSlipperman
Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 18:49
"All Genesis albums are equally good."

Date Posted: April 14 2018 at 22:28
^Does there really exist such a statement?

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 02:12
^Apparently it does.

Also, LOL at blaming Banks for Collins' solo stuff, wtf?! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 02:22

^Apparently it does.

Also, LOL at blaming Banks for Collins' solo stuff, wtf?! 

you seem to like to see people screw up and laugh at them (LOL)

it was a misunderstanding, I screwed up. The line was "mostly Phil Collins ruined Phil Collins" (which is funny) which I read "mostly PC ruined Genesis" and reacted. Should pay more attention. 

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 02:31
Anything to do with the Boy-Band Beatles is way lame........      

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 02:36

^Apparently it does.

Also, LOL at blaming Banks for Collins' solo stuff, wtf?! 

you seem to like to see people screw up and laugh at them (LOL)

it was a misunderstanding, I screwed up. The line was "mostly Phil Collins ruined Phil Collins" (which is funny) which I read "mostly PC ruined Genesis" and reacted. Should pay more attention. 

No need to get defensive; I'm aware it was a slip up. The thought itself can still be humorous Wink.

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 02:48
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I know you dislike them, you said it before, but "lame" they are not. 
Give another chance to the music they made between 1966-1969, you might have some surprises. If you are only familiar with their rock'n'roll hits, they are so much more than that. 

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 04:05

I know you dislike them, you said it before, but "lame" they are not. 
Give another chance to the music they made between 1966-1969, you might have some surprises. If you are only familiar with their rock'n'roll hits, they are so much more than that. 
I keep getting the ‘access denied’ sh*t thing...... can’t respond....

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 04:07
....Now it wants to prove me wrong.......c**t.......

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 04:08
Beatles have their moments, but still quite weak overall. Creative, yes. Technically mnded, I don’t think so....

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 04:25

Beatles have their moments, but still quite weak overall. Creative, yes. Technically mnded, I don’t think so....

technically minded? who were technically minded in the 60s? Jazz musicians? The Beatles were not jazz players (obviously).

It's that creativity you mention above the reason I like them and respect them. 

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 05:19
Sorry, but this captcha bullsh*t is making me rage by now.. the Beatles suck, and are very weak and lame.. crucify me....
Typical, I didn’t expect this to go through and it does......
screw this idea.......

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 05:49

Sorry, but this captcha bullsh*t is making me rage by now.. the Beatles suck, and are very weak and lame.. crucify me....
screw this idea.......

ALWAYS assume your first post attempt will be met with CAPTCHA, and copy+paste your text if you can!

I've NEVER had it NOT go through the second time; use this knowledge wisely LOL.

EDIT: it just did it with this post, and went through smooth on take two Cool.

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 05:51

screw this idea.......

what we're supposed to do is discussing what statement we get most tired of hearing. Are you tired of hearing how great Beatles are? Is that it? I can understand that. 

Date Posted: April 15 2018 at 12:11
Very lame to say Beatles lame. I havenīt seen them praise a lot anywhere these days and really also not this forum. But if people get pissed when I think Sgt should be said first progalbum (well really I think any album should not said it) I can stop it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk