Print Page | Close Window

Coheed & Cambria drop 10 minute epic

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=114721
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 13:17
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Coheed & Cambria drop 10 minute epic
Posted By: SilverEclipse
Subject: Coheed & Cambria drop 10 minute epic
Date Posted: May 31 2018 at 16:18
Wow.  What a return to form this is from the Coheed guys. 

-------------
"and if the band your in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"

Replies:
Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: June 03 2018 at 03:31
The subject of the thread may need changing as I take it to mean that they have removed the 10 minute epic from the album presumably under pressure from the record company. However I suspect you mean they are including it?

Posted By: eddiefang
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 09:17
Awesome song, easily among C&C best!

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 09:23
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

The subject of the thread may need changing as I take it to mean that they have removed the 10 minute epic from the album presumably under pressure from the record company. However I suspect you mean they are including it?

I don't get the use of the word "drop" in this context, what's wrong with "release"?

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 09:42
Confusing post but great song.

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 10:31
Guys, it's how the young folk talk these days Clap.......Same thing as saying "drop a beat....". It means they recorded a 10 minute song.
I got it from the get go, sure it's not stuffy literary prog rock talk..but it works.

-------------

Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:15
Yikes! We're still talking about the post and not the song! No wonder why C&C are still a cult act. LOL

-------------

Posted By: Jeffro
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:20
I have 'dropped' Wink my interest in this band. Try as I might, I have never been able to get into them.

Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:23
^ Did you at least check out the song? I mean listen to the song, incase 'check out' is now antiquated?

-------------

Posted By: Jeffro
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:43
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ Did you at least check out the song? I mean listen to the song, incase 'check out' is now antiquated?

I thought 'check out' meant to leave? In any event yes, I attempted to absorb that song. I hear that 'absorb' is what all the cool kids say when they listen to music. Tongue

Oh yeah, Beatles RULE!

Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 12:33
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I thought 'check out' meant to leave? In any event yes, I attempted to absorb that song. I hear that 'absorb' is what all the cool kids say when they listen to music. Tongue

Oh yeah, Beatles RULE!
On that note, I think it's time for me to check out, head to the bar and absorb a few vodka and tonics.

-------------

Posted By: Erwaco
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 17:16
Actually the music industry has used the term : drop their new album" for quite awhile (decades at least) meaning to release not record.

-------------
erwaco

Posted By: tempest_77
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 19:29
I absolutely love it. These guys are one of my favourite bands of all time, and The Dark Sentencer has been stuck in my head since it came out. Absolutely incredible.

-------------
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on https://tempestsounds.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - my bandcamp !

Posted By: foregonillusions
Date Posted: June 05 2018 at 20:03
I used to be a big fan of C&C, but their music has fallen out of favor with my ears. (Their previous album didn't help. That was truly dreadful outside of some bits and pieces.) Their latest effort seems to be in the vein of The Afterman duology. This would be fine except for the fact that I think this retread is boring. (The intro track is cool though!)
Some of my favorite artists like Neal Morse and Subsignal have a defined sound, and they don't deviate much from their norm; however, their style is very well crafted and is quite tailored to my tastes. Their music tends to have some level of depth to it where I can discover new stuff on each repeated listening. Thus when combined with their fantastic melodies, I can listen to their new and old material without getting very fatigued. (Though I don't listen to either of them constantly.) My experiences with C&C are dissimilar: their music doesn't seem to be as solidly crafted as the aforementioned groups' efforts such that this ostensible reiteration is simply not interesting. But hey, it's only two songs. Maybe they'll surprise me.

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: June 06 2018 at 04:51
Originally posted by Erwaco Erwaco wrote:

Actually the music industry has used the term : drop their new album" for quite awhile (decades at least) meaning to release not record.

Can't say I've ever heard of it being used before the current decade.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk