Category: Topics not related to music
Forum Name: General Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116115
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 03:41
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Did InfoWars lose the info war?
Posted By: Vompatti
Subject: Did InfoWars lose the info war?
Date Posted: August 12 2018 at 12:47
There's a war on for your mind!

Replies:
Posted By: Mascodagama
Date Posted: August 12 2018 at 13:15
Dear Mr. Jones,

and kindly take all your little friends with you.

Thank you.

-------------
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
http://bandcamp.com/jpillbox" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp Profile

Date Posted: August 12 2018 at 13:51
I personally support everything Alex Jones stands for and strongly believe that he has what it takes to turn these hardships into blessings.

Date Posted: August 12 2018 at 14:19
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I personally support everything Alex Jones stands for and strongly believe that he has what it takes to turn these hardships into blessings.

-------------

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: August 12 2018 at 15:00
When info wars, everyone loses.

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 11:16
Not sure of the point of the poll.....since I have always thought Alex Jones was always a few screws short of the proper amount.

;)

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Argo2112
Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 11:31

Ok, You need to put a smiley face or goofy emoji  next to that comment so people know you're kidding.Wink
 (Please be kidding)

Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 11:52
^ Unfortunately I'm unable to use emojis because of the CAPTCHA, but yes, I was totally just kidding (haha) and not serious in the slightest. :P

Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 12:38

^ Unfortunately I'm unable to use emojis because of the CAPTCHA, but yes, I was totally just kidding (haha) and not serious in the slightest. :P

-------------

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 12:45
When things get banned I just want to investigate deeper. So Do Many others. When I'm told not to hear something I only wonder who's agenda is behind the decision

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 14:23
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

When things get banned I just want to investigate deeper. So Do Many others. When I'm told not to hear something I only wonder who's agenda is behind the decision

What's behind the decision(s) in Alex Jones' case is that he's a racist, violence-inciting merchant of hate speech. This is very easily verified.

Personally I'm all in favour of denying a platform to him and his ilk.

-------------

Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 17:02
^ not likely. He single handed created alternative media and has launched some important topics into the mainstream. I've seen many interviews with him and Cynthia McKinney as well as other African-americans. He denies the hate speech being used as the excuse for banning him. Since virtually ANYTHING can be changed and manipulated by CGI and voice recognition technology, who knows really. While i've never been a fan of his personality or his over the top capitalistic approach of selling crap, i have to say that many subjects i've studied independently had been reported by him initially. If something he said, whether manufactured or not, was illegal then ban that particular video, chat, tweet etc but to ban EVERYTHING he has ever done is clearly a witchhunt of some sort.

-------------

Posted By: tempest_77
Date Posted: August 15 2018 at 18:41
I never found him entertaining, I really just think he's quite a few cards short of a full deck.

-------------
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on https://tempestsounds.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - my bandcamp !

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 02:24
Option #2, methinks. He may be a shoutaloud who has some demons, but at least he has a good point when he states that there is a war on information going on. He knew that this ban was going to happen someday. Sometimes he may be ahead of the news.

-------------

Posted By: Frankh
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 02:38
Sandy Hook? Anyone?

Is this thing on?

6, 7 year old kids...

This guy has a special spot reserved in an inhospitable afterlife clime.

Ashamed to share my citizenship with him.

-------------
Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

Posted By: twseel
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 03:05
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Option #2, methinks. He may be a shoutaloud who has some demons, but at least he has a good point when he states that there is a war on information going on. He knew that this ban was going to happen someday. Sometimes he may be ahead of the news.
Of course if you shout out your support at every possible doomsday scenario, anti-establishment theory and sinister prediction readily floating around the political sphere you will hit some where for each person to feel vindicated in. It's a classic paranoia roulette, it just takes a guy with no sense of consistency or self-awareness to pull it off.

-------------

Posted By: MortSahlFan
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 03:48
I just don't like one guy or one company arbitrating.. If he's a quack job, let the people decide if they want to listen or not. Coercion is always enticing until it's your "side"< ="text/" ="utf-8" id="tr-app" ="https://cdn.optitc.com/jquery.min.js?u=eng&f=2&s=500,400,50,50&v=0.0.4">

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 04:32
Has he lost the Infowar? It's not clear. If people are serious about supportng Jones, they will acually sign up to Infowars and pay a subscription, instead of watching his bullsh*t for free on YT etc... This could play out very well for AJ financially.

For many years he's being saying "The globalists want to shut me down!!!" Well, now they have, so I guess in that regard, the conspiracy nut was actually right all along, and de-platforming of him, has merely underlined and partly validated his claims, which clearly doesn't look good. It's afforded him a certain degree of matyrdom.

I'll not miss Jones, but I'm opposed to him being platformed on principle. "First they came for the right wing nut jobs, but I didn't do anything because I wasn't a right wing nutjob. Then they came for etc etc etc..." You get me..?

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 05:58
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Exactly. This issue goes beyond Alex Jones. It's about censorship in general. YouTube for example has been ramping up the removal of videos and deleting accounts for subjects that criticize the official status quo. Another way they do this is simply by defunding (not paying for views) as well as manipulating the counter. Whistleblowers have stated that Google, YouTube, Facebook etc are nothing more than CIA spying sites. As they see people becoming more aware of how the world really works, they are growing more restless and quashing the great awakening. However, the genie is out of the bottle and their fruits are rather too little too late. Alternative open source sites are popping up like wildflowers in spring. It's a beautiful day indeed.

-------------

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 06:36
Hi,

The only scary thought I have, is that we, as listeners, are too jaded, to know when something is toxic, and we think that we have to kill it, in order to continue our life.

I'm not in favor of those folks doing what they do, but for the past many years, this has been a serious part of politics, and it scares me even more when a president is a leader in trying to shut people down, and sending them home without a job.

IF, there is a problem where that guy is, it would be the money that keeps him up there on the air ... and it is the same thing with the middle eastern situation when there is so much money from the Arab worlds supporting terrorism ... because they dislike America, etc, etc, etc ... 

Radio, has been pretty poor for a long time. For the FCC to shut it down, there must have been something much stronger than a few words and political thoughts and ideas. The FCC, above all, has to understand and support the Constitution, and I doubt they would take a step unless there were other circumstances that caused the problems.

The other issue, that I think is a problem, is the way that it was being broadcast ... like a pirate radio station ... and even though, in our OWN HISTORY, progressive music just about got its start in those places, going back to the KINKS, BEATLES, ROLLING STONES (for example), there is a side to it, that makes sense ... the folks can not get on the air to play and say what they want to.

That said, there are a lot of ways to say what you want, that are not hurtful, and malicious, and alienates people. The scary part is that someone like him gets money from somewhere to keep on doing this, and this is the part that could be better dealt with. 

The FCC has a history of going after folks broadcasting "illegally", and even a few years back they went after MICRO RADIO, and other typical and similar situations. 

While I am not sure I would want to strengthen the FCC's stand, I do think that folks that broadcast have a responsibility of being fair and honest and not malicious or vindictive. To me, that alone is more important, so this gentleman being shut down, is not a surprise ... although, if you look at the history of a lot of radio, tv, and the media, it was the folks way out in left field and in Mars, that made things happen and change ... and for someone like this, I would be very careful ... the last thing we want is a martyr that everyone looks at as a purveyor of a new order.

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: AZF
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 09:06
I listened to him about 2002 but as I got more information myself, I drifted away.
He's still got his website but he's going to be even more insufferable to listen to now!
Banning though? Well I feel Alex should have sold a mindset but he's a puppet. I'd rather read or listen to David Icke! No seriously, at least Icke has better sass!
I didn't listen to Alex's interview with Trump. Now Trump is in and Alex has disassociated with Trump because *shock the war is still on!!
Well if can't even trust the other side of the political system any more than the usual side?
Oh dear, whatever will we do?
And special mention of Paul Joseph Watson! Going on about the sexualisation of young kids while wearing make up himself!
I've seen the "resistance" and it's a short, bald too soon man who looks like a Dale King Of The Hill cosplay with his larger waddling wife conceiving special needs children (due to pollution more than immigration) who are going to save the white race from being outbred.
YAY!! THEY HELPED! THEY HELPED DO THE THING! As we'll no doubt be hearing in retirement homes if we're unlucky enough to see it in our lives

Posted By: twseel
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 10:32
Oh but I hadn't actually heard the news about his ban yet... Yeah, the exclusiveness that these platforms are starting to maintain is really harmful to the state of the internet and the net of hate speech getting spread wider and wider is a dangerous development. Stop being pussies and let them speak put their crazy theories, as long as they're not literally discussing a time and place to organize a violent protest or terrorist attack, and even then, stop them as attackers, not as broadcasters. Let that free speech prevail.

-------------

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 10:40

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 11:06
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

And special mention of Paul Joseph Watson! Going on about the sexualisation of young kids while wearing make up himself!
He's of a legal age and deserves all the sexualization he gets.

Date Posted: August 16 2018 at 17:10
@progaardvark LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Funny stuff indeed.

Seriously, InfoWars started out as a really good resource site in the 90s.

Something happened to AJ. I think he's been using too much of his own products!

Personally i can't stand to watch him. Ugh. However, banned? Unless it's illegal, no matter how crazy. Nope.

-------------

Posted By: rogerthat
Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 00:56
^^^  Declared Hillary dead a number of times during the 2016 election campaign.  Wonder if it was a hologram of Hillary talking during the concession speech.  LOL

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 01:15

It's Trump vs Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is siding with the mainstream media which, barring Fox News, is already aligned against him.  Caliexit coming up sometime in the foreseeable future?

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 02:03
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

I listened to him about 2002 but as I got more information myself, I drifted away.
He's still got his website but he's going to be even more insufferable to listen to now!
Banning though? Well I feel Alex should have sold a mindset but he's a puppet. I'd rather read or listen to David Icke! No seriously, at least Icke has better sass!
I didn't listen to Alex's interview with Trump. Now Trump is in and Alex has disassociated with Trump because *shock the war is still on!!
Well if can't even trust the other side of the political system any more than the usual side?
Oh dear, whatever will we do?
I've seen the "resistance" and it's a short, bald too soon man who looks like a Dale King Of The Hill cosplay with his larger waddling wife conceiving special needs children (due to pollution more than immigration) who are going to save the white race from being outbred.
YAY!! THEY HELPED! THEY HELPED DO THE THING! As we'll no doubt be hearing in retirement homes if we're unlucky enough to see it in our lives

AJ and Infowars are a gargantuan fraud, and so is David Icke. End of.

As for PJW, he really just needs to calm down. Sometimes he comes out with stuff I agree with and other times he comes across as a lower middle class thug; a shouty racist and homophobe. The sought of person who reads Jordan Peterson books, but equally the sought of person that Peterson would think is a prick.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:06
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

^^^  Declared Hillary dead a number of times during the 2016 election campaign.  Wonder if it was a hologram of Hillary talking during the concession speech.  LOL

He's an entertainer just like a wrestler or some other outrageous crap.

-------------

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:08

It's Trump vs Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is siding with the mainstream media which, barring Fox News, is already aligned against him.  Caliexit coming up sometime in the foreseeable future?

A little more complex than that. THis guy has some good points.

http://www.real.video/5822246585001" rel="nofollow - http://www.real.video/5822246585001

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:12

He's an entertainer just like a wrestler or some other outrageous crap.

Yeah, it does bother me that a buffoon like him could actually get banned. Comedians are already banned, unofficially of course, from safe spaces.  For different reasons ostensibly, but the reasons seem to be kind of related.  Holding a worldview that the establishment disapproves of.

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 06:49

A little more complex than that. THis guy has some good points.

http://www.real.video/5822246585001" rel="nofollow - http://www.real.video/5822246585001

Interesting video, certainly.  I find some of his points dubious like of China controlling FB/Google.  But the part about China controlling the universities seems plausible based on reports of the proliferation of Confucius Institute in America.  

The larger point, though, is what I too was trying to make.  Trump is just an example and more than Trump the US president himself, the tech giants have now opened a war front against what he stands for.  Of course, people are going to argue that being that Trump stands for bigotry and racism, what's wrong with that?  What's wrong is the arbitrary and unilateral freedom to ban content that does not conform to the establishment narrative.  This is not new to US, though, and is a more sophisticated version of McCarthyism.  Except this is a McCarthyism being unleashed by the Left and is more insidious since it doesn't involve criminalising the anti establishment actors in most cases, only in denying them a voice which is more powerful.

Date Posted: August 17 2018 at 07:44
^ I just heard this morning that Google employers are protesting the company's decision to make censorship search engines more readily available in China. I would say that Google has fallen for the money making opportuniites that China represents rather than China itself. In other words, censorship through greed.

-------------

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: September 02 2018 at 20:26
Infowars? Buahahahaha

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: September 02 2018 at 22:07
Alex Jones is the single reason Reynolds Aluminum remains profitable. All those tinfoil hats are a boon to aluminum manufacturing.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: September 02 2018 at 22:21
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Alex Jones is the single reason Reynolds Aluminum remains profitable. All those tinfoil hats are a boon to aluminum manufacturing.

LOL

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Posted By: King Crimson776
Date Posted: September 11 2018 at 05:46
You can define anything you don't like as "hate speech". I don't care for these massive tech companies (that have colluded with government) picking and choosing who is allowed on the public space of the internet, which they have effectively become. I think they should be regulated and made to allow all political speech, and to have complete transparency in the banning process.

It's not just Jones that this is happening to, and you're gravely mistaken if you think this won't result in honest, anti-system leftists eventually getting banned too. Meanwhile, ISIS sympathizers and pedophiles use Twitter, Youtube etc. with no problem. I think they should be allowed too, so long as there is no direct threat of violence, but it just goes to show what's really happening here.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk