URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116313
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 09:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Argentinian Prog
Posted By: Morningrise
Subject: Argentinian Prog
Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 15:23
Bubu will probably steal this one.

I know most people won't know at least half of these great albums.

Hopefully, this poll can help fix that.

Replies:
Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 15:30
Lots of great ones here: Pablo "El Enterrador," Nexus, MIA, Espiritu, Crucis, and I'm going to go ahead and vote for Alas, because I bet it will get the least number of votes. (:

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 15:39
I'm casting my vote to an amazing AMAZING album, which I believe won't get so much love: Bauer's "Astronauta Olvidado"

Btw, I'm currently listening to Bubu's 2nd full length release after 40 years and it sounds GREAT

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 15:39
No vote. Of the ones listed I only know the classic Anabelas, which is great and gives me the opportunity to recommend their new release. My favourite, however, would be Alejandro Matos: "La Potestad", if this one were included.

-------------

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 16:04
Man, this is a hard list to choose from; so many great bands/artists on the list, and fantastic albums too. I'll go with "La Maquina de Hacer Pajaros" for very personal reasons, but I find them all excellent.

Posted By: Progmind
Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 18:26
Factor Burzaco rules!!!!

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 18:31
Bubu is great but i love M.I.A. just a tad bit more

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Date Posted: September 15 2018 at 18:49
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Factor Burzaco rules!!!!

Hell yeah. My favorite argentinian "modern" prog band next to Bauer and Las Orejas Y La Lengua.

Honorable mentions to Honduras Libregrupo and Autumn Moonlight

Posted By: b_olariu
Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 02:57
Nexus metanoia, followed by Pablo el enterrador

Posted By: maryes
Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 10:05
Pablo El Enterrador: "Pablo El Enterrador">Amagrama: "Ciclotimia">Crucis: "Los Delirios Del Mariscal">Espiritu: "Crisalida">El Reloj: "El Reloj II"

Posted By: socrates17
Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 16:33
Maybe I'm just having a bad day.  I just found myself unable to vote in a poll about prog from Finland due to the absence of any of the RIO/Avant bands that I prefer.  Now, I'm confronted with a poll about prog from Argentina and find only 1 band with the great Charly Garcia.  OK, so La Máquina de Hacer Pájaros gets my vote.  But what about Sui Generis (Pequeñas anécdotas sobre las instituciones is about as Canterbury as it gets) or Seru Giran?  Even if most of his solo work is (great) rock/pop, La Hija de la Lágrima and the soundtrack to  Lo que Vendrá (God, I wish I could get that movie on DVD) are clearly prog.  Absent La Máquina, I would have been happy voting for the Bubu or the Arco Iris.

Posted By: Olape
Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 16:38
Good poll! I love a lot of these:  Aquelarre, Bauer, Bubu, Crucis, Invisible, La máquina de hacer pájaros, El 
Reloj... 
Today, Nexus - Metanoia +1

-------------

Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 16:41
Originally posted by socrates17 socrates17 wrote:

Maybe I'm just having a bad day.  I just found myself unable to vote in a poll about prog from Finland due to the absence of any of the RIO/Avant bands that I prefer.  Now, I'm confronted with a poll about prog from Argentina and find only 1 band with the great Charly Garcia.  OK, so <span style='margin: 0px; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 11pt;'>La
Máquina de Hacer Pájaros gets my vote.  But what about Sui Generis (Pequeñas anécdotas sobre las instituciones is about as Canterbury as it gets) or Seru Giran?  Even if most of his solo work is (great) rock/pop, <span style='margin: 0px; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 11pt;'>La
Hija de la Lágrima and the soundtrack to  Lo que Vendrá<span style="margin: 0px;"> (God, I wish I could get that movie on DVD) are clearly prog.  Absent <span style=": transparent; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 14.66px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 17.33px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;">La
Máquina, I would have been happy voting for the Bubu or the Arco Iris.</span></span></span></span>

Not the biggest Charly García fan here. I can appreciate La Máquina, and out of all Garcia's projects, La Maquina is arguably the proggiest one. That's the reason why they're here.

Apart from La Máquina, I also like a couple of Serú Girán albums.

From his solo efforts, Piano Bar is the one I enjoy the most.

And I definitely can't stand Sui Géneris.

Date Posted: September 16 2018 at 17:47
Originally posted by Morningrise Morningrise wrote:

Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Factor Burzaco rules!!!!

Hell yeah. My favorite argentinian "modern" prog band next to Bauer and Las Orejas Y La Lengua.

Honorable mentions to Honduras Libregrupo and Autumn Moonlight

I've been dusting off my Honduras albums. Forget what I previously said. No honorable mention. Honduras definitely deserve a place within the holy trinity of argentinian modern prog next to FB, Bauer and Las Orejas.

Posted By: BrufordFreak
Date Posted: September 17 2018 at 08:21
I don't know most of these so I feel guilty casting a vote but that debut FACTOR BURZACO album has always and still blows me away.

-------------
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

Posted By: Progmind
Date Posted: September 17 2018 at 21:33
Another great bands from Argentina are Go Necko! and Jinetes Negros

Posted By: digdug
Date Posted: September 18 2018 at 11:54
I only know Alas, Mia, Crucis, Bubu

all are really good

voted Alas

-------------
Prog On!

Date Posted: September 20 2018 at 18:20
I thought Bubu would take this one easily here. Nexus currently leading. Surprising.

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: September 20 2018 at 21:35
^ I don't know any of those bands/albums, except for Bubu by reputation (and did check out the album once or twice on YouTube, though I haven't got to buying it), and ideed I expected Bubu to take it.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: September 21 2018 at 17:22
Error of the few I know 

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: shoseinen
Date Posted: April 20 2019 at 18:31
I will say Poseidotica is rather more prog stuff than Los Natas

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk