Print Page | Close Window

The Tangent freaks thread

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
Forum Description: Discuss specific prog bands and their members or a specific sub-genre
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116690
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 03:56
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Tangent freaks thread
Posted By: M27Barney
Subject: The Tangent freaks thread
Date Posted: November 05 2018 at 08:14
I am starting this. Please move to the original if it exists. Anyway This band definately needs a thread of its own...My most important find since the Flower Kings....

-------------
Play me my song.....Here it comes again.......

Replies:
Posted By: Dopeydoc
Date Posted: November 05 2018 at 14:55
Great band. Great music. Great musicians (I love this fretless bass..). Always between excellence and master-pieces

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: November 05 2018 at 15:41
Love 'em.  One of the great prog torchbearers along with Wobbler, Anglagard, etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi_8JahqL7eAhXaHDQIHcmPCOwQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FWorld-That-We-Drive-Through%2Fdp%2FB0002ZXCXK&psig=AOvVaw27LjNCuFU9K-crCmlMmEg7&ust=1541543787964162" rel="nofollow">Image result for the world we drive through images

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjYj-G4qL7eAhVuGjQIHQBsDdEQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FPlace-Queue-Tangent%2Fdp%2FB000CNETIO&psig=AOvVaw3qlRUKNyWHTApF00dHeSAo&ust=1541543837641402" rel="nofollow">Image result for a place in the queue images

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi5wODbqL7eAhV-ITQIHdqsDqAQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FDown-out-Paris-London-Tangent%2Fdp%2FB002RWX628&psig=AOvVaw1BJAWxGryB0lhrK-w2UaUn&ust=1541543902659230" rel="nofollow">Image result for tangent down and out in paris and london images

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Date Posted: November 06 2018 at 04:59
I revisited the only CD I had in Jan this year...It blew my mind. So I bought the other eight. So currently I am playing them in chronological order..I think that all nine of them are going to be 5 stars...not a weak recording amongst them...and that is unusual...

-------------

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: November 06 2018 at 07:15
It is locked http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62081&KW=tangent&PID=3417352#3417352" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62081&KW=tangent&PID=3417352#3417352 but if you are interested in the previous Tangent appreciation thread, here it be.

And also, album #10 Proxy is coming out at the end of the month.

-------------

Date Posted: November 06 2018 at 09:19
It's on my solstice pressies list

-------------

Posted By: miamiscot
Date Posted: November 06 2018 at 14:49
The Music That Died Alone 10/10
The World That We Drive Through 7/10
A Place In The Queue 10/10
Not As Good As The Book 8/10
Down And Out In Paris And London 9/10
COMM 8/10
Le Sacre Du Travail 9/10
A Spark In The Aether 10/10
The Slow Rust Of Forgotten Machinery  7/10
Proxy 9/10

I love The Tangent!!!

Posted By: Squonk19
Date Posted: November 06 2018 at 16:07
A band I have neglected since their earlier days.... I will be rectify that over the next few months, hopefully. Thanks for the overdue push, M27Barney!

-------------
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”

Date Posted: November 06 2018 at 17:25
^ M27Barney--   M25Barney was a real assh*le.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Date Posted: November 07 2018 at 12:17
I myself ignored them and then blammo...The world that we drive through leapt like a salmon from my large collection of CDs into my play list....Then since it was the lowest rated of the releases I had to buy the rest because it was so good the others must be AWESOME...I think they are all 5☆...

-------------

Posted By: Cosmiclawnmower
Date Posted: November 07 2018 at 12:22
Check out Andy Tillison's previous band Parallel or 90 degrees. Was lucky enough to see them live- a heavier, darker mix of influences than the Tangent but equally inventive. 

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: November 08 2018 at 05:34
You guys should join the Tangent group on Facebook if you're not in it already. Andy Tillison is quite active and posts a lot of good stuff.

Date Posted: November 10 2018 at 06:24
I will check that out. Thanks

-------------

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: November 10 2018 at 14:27
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

The Music That Died Alone 10/10
The World That We Drive Through 7/10
A Place In The Queue 10/10
Not As Good As The Book 8/10
Down And Out In Paris And London 9/10
COMM 8/10
Le Sacre Du Travail 9/10
A Spark In The Aether 10/10
The Slow Rust Of Forgotten Machinery  7/10
Proxy ??/10

I love The Tangent!!!

Despite your personal ratings The Slow Rust is the highest rated Tangent album on here. 

Also, the lowest rated one is Down and Out in Paris and London even though someone said it was The Music That died alone.

The only one I currently have, if I'm not mistaken, is the world we drive through which I haven't listened to yet. Apparently it's not that good so I think I'll wait until I get some others first.

Date Posted: November 12 2018 at 02:00
TWTWDT...was the only CD I had until later this year. It took me a couple of spins to appreciate, but I think that it's as good as any of the others.. The only weak track I have found is the America song on ASITA...it's long and goes nowhere really...

-------------

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: November 18 2018 at 15:08
Proxy is brilliant and is exactly what I want to listen to nowadays. Slow Rust was good but didn't blow me away as much as the latest. I don't have any other CD's so will be making a bee line for Amazon just about now..

Date Posted: November 19 2018 at 09:02
Slow Rust was good but Proxy is hitting me way harder. Andy needs an actual drummer, I think...

And he's got a keeper in Steve Roberts.

Date Posted: November 30 2018 at 05:27
Anybody want to offload their Parallel or 90 degrees CDs? I will pay £30 for each. If anybody is inclined to sell...

-------------

Posted By: infandous
Date Posted: November 30 2018 at 08:50
I absolutely love Proxy, what a fantastic album.  From the first minutes I knew it was a winner, and a couple listens in has only increased that feeling.  Also, I got my name listed in the "The Tangent thanks.." section (i.e., I didn't do the "superfan" pre-order, but I guess Andy remembered meeting me after the gig in New Jersey and also remembered hearing some of my own music that Sally told me he "loved" (I've been FB friends with them both for a few years, and occasionally have offline conversations with Sally, who is a wonderful person) .  So there's that, as well.

I heard the first Tangent album at Nearfest 2003, a couple months before it was released because I was friends with a couple guys who were close to the band (one of whom was their manager for a while).  I loved it and have bought all their albums since.  My favorite of them all was always A Place In The Queue (see my review on the site here), but Proxy is giving it a good run for it's money.  I also loved Slow Rust, though that one didn't quite top Queue and a couple previous albums for me (like Le Sacre, which is bloody brilliant).

Anyway, needless to say I'm a big fan of all things Andy T and the Tangent in particular.

Date Posted: November 30 2018 at 09:45
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

I absolutely love Proxy, what a fantastic album.  From the first minutes I knew it was a winner, and a couple listens in has only increased that feeling.  Also, I got my name listed in the "The Tangent thanks.." section (i.e., I didn't do the "superfan" pre-order, but I guess Andy remembered meeting me after the gig in New Jersey and also remembered hearing some of my own music that Sally told me he "loved" (I've been FB friends with them both for a few years, and occasionally have offline conversations with Sally, who is a wonderful person) .  So there's that, as well.

I heard the first Tangent album at Nearfest 2003, a couple months before it was released because I was friends with a couple guys who were close to the band (one of whom was their manager for a while).  I loved it and have bought all their albums since.  My favorite of them all was always A Place In The Queue (see my review on the site here), but Proxy is giving it a good run for it's money.  I also loved Slow Rust, though that one didn't quite top Queue and a couple previous albums for me (like Le Sacre, which is bloody brilliant).

Anyway, needless to say I'm a big fan of all things Andy T and the Tangent in particular.

I don't think Andy will ever top A Place In The Queue but that's just one man's opinion.

Date Posted: December 18 2018 at 23:59
Listened to Slow Rust recently and the comparison Andy draws with Brexit to Nazi Germany is priceless. I will be devoting a lot more time to this band that's for sure

Date Posted: December 20 2018 at 06:23
Aye...cant wait to open proxy and move with the groove....

-------------

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: December 20 2018 at 10:10
This is one of the few groups that I instantly buy everything they release without a "pre-listen." On top of that, Andy Tillison is a pretty cool dude and works with some really fine musicians.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Date Posted: December 20 2018 at 13:25
^ Agree on all counts ~

-------------

Date Posted: December 28 2018 at 14:44
Proxy is a hit first spin....moog solos that make your hair stand on end...

-------------

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: December 28 2018 at 16:01
It's a knockout album, Barney! Probably the best thing I've heard all year, and they've really dialled up the Canterbury/jazzy touches again on this one.

Posted By: RoeDent
Date Posted: January 03 2019 at 14:11
1. Thanks for giving The Tangent their own thread rather than just lumping them in with The Flower Kings.

2. Proxy is awesome. I found Slow Rust a very intense listen, which I really have to be in the mood for. Proxy is a real return to form. The Adulthood Lie is my favourite track. It's fantastic that they take on board so many influences.

Posted By: Roj
Date Posted: January 04 2019 at 09:01
I'd say Comm was my favourite of theirs until the new one landed Wink.  Proxy is one hell of an album.

Date Posted: January 06 2019 at 12:21
I have listened twice to proxy. Its their best by a slight margin. But since all are 5 star releases its one helluva CD. I HAD TO REVIEW!

-------------

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: January 06 2019 at 15:41
I have a lot of their albums, the first 4 albums are fantastic apparently gave me enough to listen to. I have not looked further past COMM, I am sure eventually I will get those too. 

-------------

Date Posted: January 07 2019 at 13:32
^ you have four five star albums to marvel at you lucky lucky b*****d...

-------------

Date Posted: January 09 2019 at 12:31
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

^ you have four five star albums to marvel at you lucky lucky b*****d...

Thank you, I resemble that remark LOL

-------------

Posted By: HenriJ
Date Posted: January 10 2019 at 08:33
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I have a lot of their albums, the first 4 albums are fantastic apparently gave me enough to listen to. I have not looked further past COMM, I am sure eventually I will get those too. 

I'd recommend you to try their later albums at some point. I was kinda at the same point with The Tangent some years ago as you are now: I owned the five first albums but lost track of them after that for quite some time. I think I had had my share of The Tangent sound for a while, on top of which I wasn't very impressed by Down and Out in Paris and London or COMM (though the one before those, Not as Good as the Book, will most probably always be my favorite The Tangent album). Perhaps a bit over a year ago I somehow got the idea to check out some of their newer stuff, tried Le Sacre du Travail, and was hooked again. That one is definitely my second favorite of their albums and a real return to form. I also really like Slow Rust. Right now I'm listening to Proxy for the first time and it sounds good so far. Time will show how it will develop in my mind.

But yeah, I understand getting your fill of The Tangent for a while, but I'd recommend to go back for more at some point :)

Date Posted: January 10 2019 at 17:03
Originally posted by HenriJ HenriJ wrote:

I'd recommend you to try their later albums at some point. I was kinda at the same point with The Tangent some years ago as you are now: I owned the five first albums but lost track of them after that for quite some time. I think I had had my share of The Tangent sound for a while, on top of which I wasn't very impressed by Down and Out in Paris and London or COMM (though the one before those, Not as Good as the Book, will most probably always be my favorite The Tangent album). Perhaps a bit over a year ago I somehow got the idea to check out some of their newer stuff, tried Le Sacre du Travail, and was hooked again. That one is definitely my second favorite of their albums and a real return to form. I also really like Slow Rust. Right now I'm listening to Proxy for the first time and it sounds good so far. Time will show how it will develop in my mind.

But yeah, I understand getting your fill of The Tangent for a while, but I'd recommend to go back for more at some point :)

I have digital versions of later ones like COMM, but I am a physical media guy, mainly vinyl. I have heard them but like you said, it's more that I like the earlier material. Le Sacre has not resonated with me at all, I have yet to hear the last 2 albums.
At some point I will get there.......

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2019 at 13:43
The latest album is so fookin good I would put it into my top 20 prog albums of all time...It even has an epic that you can dance to! Track 4 is so good in parts it makes you see the fanny of your dreams appear inches from your face and twist your senses in ways that classic 70s prog does....

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2019 at 13:45
And track 5 is close on its tail...tracks 2 and 1 are merely brilliant. The weak track is 3 but its no "more fool me"...

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2019 at 15:46
Ok, I might have to order it......It's avail in vinyl version so it meets my initial criteria of awesomeness.....

EDIT: Ordered, you guys owe me $24.90.......punks

-------------

Date Posted: January 12 2019 at 04:35
Is that 2 disc set? Or can they get more than 35 mins on one side of vinyl now?

-------------

Date Posted: January 12 2019 at 13:09

Is that 2 disc set? Or can they get more than 35 mins on one side of vinyl now?

I think just 1 LP. Side A is like 25min. 
Proxy = 16:08min
Andalusian Skies = 8:51min

Side B is about 23 min
Misplaced Optimism = 6:13min
Adulthood Lie = 16:06min

Comes with the CD and the extra songs I think.....

-------------

Date Posted: January 13 2019 at 07:22
Where is the other epic?

-------------

Date Posted: January 13 2019 at 13:21

Where is the other epic?

On the CD, guess they wanted to keep it to one LP.......Which is strange why they did not make it a dbl album. Usually you don't find the bonus material on LPs, which is fine by me.

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2019 at 07:08
The dancey one is easily my least favourite on the album - strange as I like some dance/trance music as well.  The rest of it is awesome, especially the Andalusian whatever thingymagig..... that is magical.

Date Posted: January 15 2019 at 08:02
Great album. Andy never disappoints.

Date Posted: January 15 2019 at 11:34
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

The dancey one is easily my least favourite on the album - strange as I like some dance/trance music as well.  The rest of it is awesome, especially the Andalusian whatever thingymagig..... that is magical.

I'm very suprised, track 3 is the weakest track by a long way. Track 2 was my favourite on spin 1. But on third spin the mesmeric fourth track just got me by the throat and threw me round the room till I realised that it belonged to the set of tracks that I consider...AWESOME. No CD in 20 years has had such an impact on my ears...

-------------

Date Posted: January 17 2019 at 06:53
I gotta disagree - The Adulthood Lie is definitely my least favourite.  Still good.

Tracks 1 and especially 2 are my faves from this wonderfully good album.  Probably my favourite album of 2018 along with Sanguine Hum's latest.

Date Posted: January 17 2019 at 11:24
I think that it's overall quality is up there with the best that 1972-1974 has to offer. My pecking order is track 4, track 5, track 2, track 1 with just a sliver of difference betwixt all 4. Then a big drop to track 3 which is the weakest but still ten magnitudes better than more fool me which should have been dropped and firth of fifth extended...

-------------

Date Posted: January 19 2019 at 07:39
Still sticking with my pecking order..also recommend the new Riverside release, excellent prog metal. Also spun a CD by Tiger Moth Tales (cocoon) - multi instrumentalist Peter Jones, excellent on first spin...

-------------

Date Posted: January 23 2019 at 13:49
One damn fine album..........

-------------

Date Posted: January 23 2019 at 15:02
Listening to the CD now......Suppers Off, meh, its fine too poppy for me and that wonky synth. The Adulthood Lie is brilliant!! The electric bass all through the track is awesome, great deep bass pressurizing my room nicely.

Proxy title track is weakest IMO, but still enjoyable......This record will get worn out soon Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Keith99
Date Posted: January 27 2019 at 15:07
Proxy is my first experience of Tangent and I love it! Especially the Adulthood Lie and the first track. I quite like songs where the singer has a rant and most of these are like that :) A bit of a middle-aged rant about the world today but since I am middle aged myself it works - not sure what the younger crowd would make of it

Posted By: Wraxallman
Date Posted: January 28 2019 at 14:48
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum but definitely not to the site.  I've been a big fan of ProgArchives for a long time but never entered the forum, until now that is.  I tried The Tangent back in 2004 when The World That We Drive Through was released, on the strength of some good reviews in Classic Rock.  I have to say that at the time my boat was definitely not floated.  A good 10 years later, I dipped in again, finding out that David Longdon (my new favourite singer) from Big Big Train made an appearance on Le Sacre du Travail and my gob was completely smacked!  OMG!!  What was I missing?  Why were my ears so closed back then.  Tangent music is just wonderful, that mix of Canterbury, jazz/rock, crossover, strong classical influences, heavy prog...it's all there.
And this weekend I managed to tick one of my wish list when Andy Tillison from The Tangent re-released a bunch of albums on Bandcamp, including the long sought after L'Etagère du Travail  and A Place On The Shelf.  I am a happy man.

Posted By: geekfreak
Date Posted: April 29 2019 at 00:52
Proxy is awesome imho  

-------------
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<

Date Posted: April 29 2019 at 01:14
See the source image I have the vinyl and cd of Proxy 

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: May 18 2019 at 00:08

One damn fine album..........

Agreed I was lucky as my vinyl copy came with a cd 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjYj-G4qL7eAhVuGjQIHQBsDdEQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FPlace-Queue-Tangent%2Fdp%2FB000CNETIO&psig=AOvVaw3qlRUKNyWHTApF00dHeSAo&ust=1541543837641402" rel="nofollow">Image result for a place in the queue images  
This is playing right now...

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: April 19 2020 at 10:09
Taking pre-orders for the new album now

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: April 19 2020 at 11:41

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: April 19 2020 at 11:47
Auto Reconnaissance Songs, Stories And Interludes 

This is the title of the new album which is in production now due 2020 ????? no date given as I have said there are pre-orders on the Tangent Facebook Page. 

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Posted By: emisan
Date Posted: April 24 2020 at 05:11
2020 will be a greaaaat year for proggers !! Tongue

Date Posted: April 24 2020 at 11:08

Still sticking with my pecking order..also recommend the new Riverside release, excellent prog metal. Also spun a CD by Tiger Moth Tales (cocoon) - multi instrumentalist Peter Jones, excellent on first spin...

Love the album "Proxy" I haven`t heard any thing by Riverside, But the Tiger Moth Tales is excellent!

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: April 25 2020 at 01:59
Just pre-ordered my copy of the new album via "The Tangent" facebook page now the worst bit waiting!!!! 

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 26 2020 at 01:33
I only have a few of their albums. I put them in the same bracket as Spock’s, Beard and The Flower Kings (yeah, Modern symph-prog. I enjoy The Tangent when they do their stab at Canterbury (like Cleaning the Attic).. Andy and the boys are pretty awesome overall.

Date Posted: June 28 2020 at 13:56
https://www.insideoutshop.de/Item/The_Tangent_-_Auto_Reconnaissance_-Gatefold_orange_2LP-CD_-_LP-Booklet-/16668
New album due 14/08

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Posted By: projeKct
Date Posted: June 28 2020 at 16:05
^ Yeah, but I think the release date is August 21st, not 14th.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=69362" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=69362

Posted By: Awesoreno
Date Posted: June 29 2020 at 00:25
I really appreciate Andy's lyrics. Sometimes they might be a little cheesy, but I think he does a pretty good job. I've especially been enjoying his politically charged stuff on the last two efforts. They've really struck a chord with me in these times of growing ultra-nationalism, xenophobia, and media BS. Regardless of whether or not you agree with Andy's ideas, it can't be denied he can paint a clear picture with those words.

Posted By: Sacro_Porgo
Date Posted: June 29 2020 at 00:52
I recently purchased A Spark In The Aether on a whim (it was on sale on iTunes and they seemed to get good ratings on here and were decently popular) and I absolutely love it! Codpieces And Capes is probably my favorite track, but the whole album is excellent! 

Any recs for my next one once I'm sufficiently past the honeymoon phase with this one?

-------------
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)

Date Posted: June 29 2020 at 02:07
https://www.thetangent.org/images/tangent/inpage/AutoReconnaissanceCoverArt.png New Album Artwork

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: June 30 2020 at 01:28
^ fantastic artwork

Proxy is one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years so I will definitely be all over this.

Date Posted: June 30 2020 at 11:06
I've already pre-ordered it, 2-LP/CD version.....

Proxy is an excellent release, I agree!!!

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2020 at 11:16
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

^ fantastic artwork

Proxy is one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years so I will definitely be all over this.

Totally agree with you 

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: June 30 2020 at 11:18

I've already pre-ordered it, 2-LP/CD version.....

Proxy is an excellent release, I agree!!!

I agree!!!! 

I also have pre-ordered the same 

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: July 14 2020 at 00:00
Listening to Not As Good As The Book 

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: July 14 2020 at 00:45
The lyrical content to the title track on "Not As Good As The Book & Bat Out Of Basildon" they`ll all so right its like they where written about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: July 26 2020 at 22:32
Cannot stop playing theses three albums is it the 24/08 YET!!!!

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: July 27 2020 at 11:50
4 weekes seems a such a long time for real fans Smile

Date Posted: July 27 2020 at 14:02
Originally posted by Sacro_Porgo Sacro_Porgo wrote:

I recently purchased A Spark In The Aether on a whim (it was on sale on iTunes and they seemed to get good ratings on here and were decently popular) and I absolutely love it! Codpieces And Capes is probably my favorite track, but the whole album is excellent! 

Any recs for my next one once I'm sufficiently past the honeymoon phase with this one?

I'd go with the debut and then Proxy!!!

But honestly, they are all great!!!

-------------
The Prog Corner

Date Posted: August 17 2020 at 13:52
Not long now and the new album is released

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: August 17 2020 at 14:45
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Yeah, dude. I'm with you. So ready for it!!!

-------------
The Prog Corner

Date Posted: August 17 2020 at 22:40

Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Yeah, dude. I'm with you. So ready for it!!!

Ooh yes

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: August 21 2020 at 09:01
My copy of the new album arrived today but I haven’t had time to listen to it yet

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: August 21 2020 at 09:22
I'm going to relax with the new one tonight.

-------------
The Prog Corner

Posted By: RoeDent
Date Posted: August 21 2020 at 14:28
Unless you count all of Le Sacre du Travail as a single long piece, we have a new-record longest Tangent song in the 28:17 of Lie Back and Think of England.

Date Posted: August 21 2020 at 23:16
Originally posted by RoeDent RoeDent wrote:

Unless you count all of Le Sacre du Travail as a single long piece, we have a new-record longest Tangent song in the 28:17 of Lie Back and Think of England.

i’m In the Don’t count as one long piece loving the new album    

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: September 11 2020 at 22:08
The new album imho is an absolute excellent addition to the Tangent catalogue

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Posted By: A Crimson Mellotron
Date Posted: September 12 2020 at 14:20
Love 'em to death! Definitely a very prized discovery! However, getting into them was actually quite tough but totally worth it. Don't know why they don't get too much exposure on the website, I think it would be deserved... Anyways, keep listening and prog on!

Posted By: ProfPanglos
Date Posted: October 23 2020 at 15:25
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Check out Andy Tillison's previous band Parallel or 90 degrees. Was lucky enough to see them live- a heavier, darker mix of influences than the Tangent but equally inventive. 

Parallel or 90 Degrees was an awesome band.  I seem to recall "Afterlifecycle" being my favorite thing they did.  Super-good stuff.  So cool that you got to see them in concert!

Date Posted: October 24 2020 at 04:28
Now I have 'Jinxed In Jersey' stuck in my head for some reason... Very fun song

Posted By: Ghost Whistler
Date Posted: November 06 2020 at 14:38
That song sold the album for me. But Under Your Spell is gorgeous. I'm not always in the mood for the Tangent, but when I am Andy Tilson's laconic romantic cynicism just hits the spot and the music is so rich. Really like it. Jined In Jersey is wonderfully bonkers. This is really hitting the spot for me, capping off a cracking week of prog purchases.

Posted By: Ronstein
Date Posted: November 10 2020 at 07:40
I'm really ambivalent about The Tangent. Some of the music is fantastic, but I really can't get on with Andy Tillison's vocals :-(

Date Posted: November 10 2020 at 07:54
Noooo!
His voice is so warm and calm and sweet!

Date Posted: November 30 2020 at 14:40
Big fan. Andy can do no wrong. Check out Zopp for further evidence...

-------------
The Prog Corner

Date Posted: November 30 2020 at 14:42

Is he the producer of 'Zopp'? What was the deal?

Date Posted: December 08 2020 at 08:00
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

He produced and played on a few tracks but I think his biggest contribution was moral support.

-------------
The Prog Corner

Date Posted: January 24 2021 at 14:14

Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

He produced and played on a few tracks but I think his biggest contribution was moral support.

Andy produced and played on the album, but it was only one track I think. He’s doing a insight into how the Tangent writers an epic song, in his Facebook page this week is. The first episode, plus the song hasn’t been started. Andy said its going to be showing the whole process from start to finish and it will be in the next Tangent album.

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: February 24 2021 at 17:51
Right now I'm listening to "In Darkest Dreams". Wow! What an amazing track.

-------------
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: February 24 2021 at 18:15
I currently own about five Tangent albums(cds). I have the first two and also le sacre, a spark in the aether and slow rust. 

Posted By: Gentle and Giant
Date Posted: July 20 2022 at 11:57
I've only recently started listening to The Tangent and really enjoying their albums. I'm slowly getting what I can on vinyl and have pre-ordered their first 2 albums (Music That Died Alone and World That We Drive Through) - finally be released on the big plastic.

So far on vinyl I have:

Songs From The Hard Shoulder
Proxy
Auto Reconnaissance
A Spark In The Aether (The Music That Died Alone - Volume Two)

-------------
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen

Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Date Posted: July 20 2022 at 13:35
The sines are looking good for The Tangent. Thumbs Up

4 stars 2003: The Tangent - The Music That Died Alone -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEb7IogGy2hhKUzb-lX5ZEe" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2004: The Tangent - The World That We Drive Through -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEbMmcI-ngIr3xYYRMgcWU1P" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2005: The Tangent - Pyramids and Stars -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEahMvDlO60h9qSRigWxHGsQ" rel="nofollow - 5 stars 2006: The Tangent - A Place in the Queue -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEajbXCRB7tc9jY6adfUZSj0" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2007: The Tangent - Going Off On One -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEZtls4kblP5HskD8pZUVLyC" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2008: The Tangent - Not as Good as the Book -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEZ0wGoHYkeSYR9KMZu5Z2be" rel="nofollow - 5 stars 2009: The Tangent - Down and Out in Paris and London -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEY0OcqrsxEqx5mwcbex-u6Z" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2011: The Tangent - COMM -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEaiLilEiLPcq9pTTfl5aF-V" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2011: The Tangent - Going Off On Two -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEa4rEQZ8Uv7DYJ9MYAPkHVA" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2013: The Tangent - Le Sacre du Travail -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEZro4bE4Vn3LwiiPijSy90n" rel="nofollow - 3 stars 2015: The Tangent - A Spark in the Aether -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEZR3lC4KNBWijAlVA9rKKKZ" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2017: The Tangent - The Slow Rust of Forgotten Machinery -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYsBPb0xl9tT6xsC4pf5e7S" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2018: The Tangent - The Proxy -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEaNQ3bRVJCJjfuwxzkICD1o" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 2020: The Tangent - Auto Reconnaissance -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYb9x4jCn1IVusSkx6K-UY5" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: July 21 2022 at 03:02
Tillison Reingold Tiranti I love this album. How about you all.

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: July 21 2022 at 11:34
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

LOL
Sines. Very good.

Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Date Posted: July 21 2022 at 11:51
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

LOL
Sines. Very good.
I remembered sines and cosines from my schooldays. They reminded me of that Barry Manilow song with the unforgettable cringeworthy lyrics:- "Bermuda Triangle, Makes my woman disappear, Bermuda Triangle, Don't go too near, Looking at it from my angle, Do you see why I'm so sad, Bermuda Triangle, Very bad!." Tongue

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk