Print Page | Close Window

New Band Addition Procedure

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Suggest New Bands and Artists
Forum Description: Suggest, create polls, and classify new bands you would like included on Prog Archives
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11993
Printed Date: April 16 2024 at 15:30
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Band Addition Procedure
Posted By: Garion81
Subject: New Band Addition Procedure
Date Posted: September 23 2005 at 15:59

Process for adding new bands to Prog Archives.

I have been asked to chair a team for adding new bands to Prog Archives.  The team that is in place has an eclectic uniqueness to it and will serve this process well.  My role as Chair is primarily administrative in making sure the team is given what it needs to make proper evaluations. Anyone on Prog Archives can submit bands for addition. Here is the form of request we are asking for:

Rules for band addition submissions to Prog Archives:

The following criterion needs to be submitted with each request:

BAND INFORMATION

• A short paragraph with your reasons why this band should be added
  • Artist/band biography (usually found on their web site)
  • Country
  • Prog genre  (This may be subject to change by PA staff)
  • Artist picture
  • Official Website
  • Discography (In a List style not in a Paragraph, Include line up and Year of release)
  • A group (5) of MP3 that give the best overview of bands sound in 128 bit stereo,mp3

Each Bio, Info, Pictures and Web Address:

Send the information  an email with the bands name as the title.

MP3’s:

The songs file name must be = File name: [Band] - [Album] - [track number] - [title].mp3
Example: ELP_Trilogy_01_The Endless Enigma.mp3

Zip them up!

Email:  mailto:band.submissio[email protected] - (Do not email anything but band submissions to this address.  All other mail will be deleted)

Once the emails are sent we have a team who will read the Emails.  If the request does not include the full criteria we have asked for the email staff will send an email back to the requestor asking for the missing elements.  The requestor will then have two weeks to respond.  If they do not then the submission will be deleted with no further communication.  Another group of people will download the MP3(s) and place them in a place where the team members can download them and review them. The Team will have one week to discuss and evaluate. The Team members will submit their votes to me via PM.  I will copy and paste these in another PM along with my vote and send it M@X. If the vote is yes the band will be added and the requestor notified that they can upload albums. If it is denied then the requestor will be notified and told that they can resubmit for reconsideration in three months.

As stated earlier my role is primarily administrative.  The only thing I will ever reject is incomplete band requests.  Max has instructed us to be inclusive rather than exclusive and there probably will be controversial additions because of this. Just letting you know in advance.  Max’s goal is to bring a more and more people to this site.  

So with that in mind send us your requests.

-------------

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"

Replies:
Posted By: BaldJean
Date Posted: September 23 2005 at 16:03
you said this before; but who are in this team?

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: September 23 2005 at 16:12

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

They are mysterious band of itinerant Progsters.Giant people with heads swollen with Prog Knowledge and Lore.

Posted By: BaldJean
Date Posted: September 23 2005 at 16:18
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

They are mysterious band of itinerant Progsters.Giant people with heads swollen with Prog Knowledge and Lore.

I like the "itinerant" in this; I actually see them walking from house to house in shabby coats, ringing doorbells and, when the proprietor opens, looking left and right like that guy from Sesame Street who always wants to sell letters to Ernie, going "wanna have some prog?" in a hushed voice and then opening the coat like exhibitionists

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Date Posted: September 23 2005 at 17:57

Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

I like the "itinerant" in this; I actually see them walking from house to house in shabby coats, ringing doorbells and, when the proprietor opens, looking left and right like that guy from Sesame Street who always wants to sell letters to Ernie, going "wanna have some prog?" in a hushed voice and then opening the coat like exhibitionists

Too funny.  

-------------

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 01:50
MP3 submissions now have to be zipped?

-------------

Posted By: goose
Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 08:18
I'd like to point out zipping mp3s is just as likely to make them bigger as smaller, since they're already compressed!

Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 13:00

Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

I'd like to point out zipping mp3s is just as likely to make them bigger as smaller, since they're already compressed!

Someone Zip me, I'm depressed...

Posted By: Man Overboard
Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 16:32
Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

The point of zipping them is this:  There are to be five MP3s, zipped into ONE FILE, to make transmission smoother.

-------------
https://soundcloud.com/erin-susan-jennings" rel="nofollow - Bedroom guitarist". Composer, Arranger, Producer. Perfection may not exist, but I may still choose to serve Perfection.

Commissions considered.

Posted By: horza
Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 16:43
aha !! Man Overboard is on da committee

-------------
Originally posted by darkshade:

Calling Mike Portnoy a bad drummer is like calling Stephen Hawking an idiot.

Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 16:52

-------------
https://soundcloud.com/erin-susan-jennings" rel="nofollow - Bedroom guitarist". Composer, Arranger, Producer. Perfection may not exist, but I may still choose to serve Perfection.

Commissions considered.

Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 17:00
Ahhhh, well that's another thing entirely!

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 17:03
Do the mp3s absolutely need to be in 128 stereo?  I have a ton of mp3s for bands I would like to see submitted, but only so many of them fit that distinction.

Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 17:09
Bryan, it's not hard to convert them.  Every sample in this site is 128kbps/stereo, that's just the standard here.

-------------

Commissions considered.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 17:12
Originally posted by Man Overboard Man Overboard wrote:

Bryan, it's not hard to convert them.  Every sample in this site is 128kbps/stereo, that's just the standard here.

How does one go about doing so?  I've asked a couple people and gotten no definitive answer.

Date Posted: September 24 2005 at 17:47

You can download CD EX  and do it with that.It is free.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ - http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/  Download and install.

Open CdEx up and press your f4 button to bring up options (configuration Box). Select the encoder tab,then next to the Encoder box select Lame MP3 Encoder.

Move down to Encoder Options, and select (when encoding files for progArchives) Bit Rate Min 128 KBS- it might already be the default. For Quality select "very high quality" then cllick OK to close the Configuration Box

Now to recode your files: On the menu select:

convert>re-encode compressed audio files.

Browse for your file(s) you wish to convert using the button on the far right of the Directory box (it is below the red X that closes the box).Click on the folder that contains the file you wish to convert and then click on the file to highlight it in blue then click Convert.

Then it is done!

An alternative program is:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm - http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm   also Free!!!

Posted By: Eetu Pellonpaa
Date Posted: September 25 2005 at 05:04

^ How about mp3 offers for bands already listed on the archives? Does the normal procedure of of sending them via YouSendIt to mailto:M@x - M@x still stand?

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: September 25 2005 at 05:51
Originally posted by Eetu Pellonpää Eetu Pellonpää wrote:

^ How about mp3 offers for bands already listed on the archives? Does the normal procedure of of sending them via YouSendIt to mailto:M@x - M@x still stand?

Yes

-------------

Posted By: Winters
Date Posted: September 27 2005 at 09:54

Sorry, but I didn't get what to write under the discography section.

i didn't get the whole sentence (List style not Paragraph, Include line up and Year of release)

-------------
No workie? Restartie!

Date Posted: September 28 2005 at 16:07
Originally posted by Winters Winters wrote:

Sorry, but I didn't get what to write under the discography section.

i didn't get the whole sentence (List style not Paragraph, Include line up and Year of release)

It means List style, make a list instead of making a pragraph.  Include the band members that played on that album and any additonal muscians and include the year of release: 

Example (This taken from the database. You don't have to make it look like this):

Title information ( http://www.progarchives.com/updatetitle.asp?cd_id=117 - Edit ) | http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=117#mp3 - MP3 | http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=117#reviews - Reviews | http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=117#mp3 - Buy Music
Arena - The Visitor CD album cover 4.37
Excellent addition to any
prog music collection

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=117#reviews">

Track listing
1. A Crack In The Ice (7:25)
2. Pins And Needles (2:46)
3. Double Vision (4:24)
4. Elea (2:36)
5. The Hanging Tree (7:09)
6. A State Of Grace (3:26)
7. Blood Red Room (1:47)
8. In The Blink Of An Eye (5:29)
9. (Don't Forget To) Breathe (3:40)
10. Serenity (2:10)
11. Tears In The Rain (5:43)
12. Enemy Without (5:05)
13. Running From Damascus (3:44)
14. The Visitor (6:13)

Total Time: 59:37

Line-up
- Paul Wrightson / vocals
- John Mitchell / guitars and backing vocals
- Clive Nolan / keyboards and backing vocals
- John Jowitt / basses and backing vocals
- Mick Pointer / drums

-------------

Posted By: Winters
Date Posted: September 29 2005 at 12:41
Sorry to disturb, but if I send you all albums informations, then what do I need to upload later? (you said "requestor notified that they can upload albums")

-------------
No workie? Restartie!

Date Posted: September 29 2005 at 14:03

Originally posted by Winters Winters wrote:

Sorry to disturb, but if I send you all albums informations, then what do I need to upload later? (you said "requestor notified that they can upload albums")

That is an oversite on my part sorry.

-------------

Posted By: Seyo
Date Posted: October 01 2005 at 11:38
Not knowing the new procedure for additions I had to use search tool in forumu to get to this thread. Should not old procedures be deleted or moved to some "archive" or to put updated news and procedures on the main home page where it is easily identified?

I am still of opinion that the old open "submission form" was an excellent tool to easily add a new artist, provided that it should have been restricted to Collaborators only, as suggested in that Maani's "letter issue". In anyway, "The only thing I will ever reject is incomplete band requests. Max has instructed us to be inclusive rather than exclusive and there probably will be controversial additions because of this. Just letting you know in advance. Max’s goal is to bring a more and more people to this site." So then why additions are restricted and more complicate?

I understand if the Admin team wants more control over who and what has been added, but now this new procedure seems more difficult for me as a "submitter" of info. If I understood correctly a new submission is going thru email message to a given address at gmail, including bio, discogrphy, and pictures and mp3s as attachments to that message. I prepared a zip package for the artist I would like to submit, but the message will be over 35 MB size (5 mp3s): my internet connection is too lousy to even try to do it, so...

Another point: Why do you need so many artist info for initial addition of artists, I mean - listing of ALL the songs and line-up for EACH album? Isn't is the purpose of the nice "add album" tool on each artists page, where later on anyone can update discography with correct info?

Also Max had promised to enable all collaborators with a tool to edit or update all album information, or to correct errors. I have not seen that feature so far... I hope I made myself clear as to what I see as a problem which may delay additions from devouted collaborators like myself...

Posted By: Kohllapse
Date Posted: October 01 2005 at 12:20
 Seyo is right

-------------

Posted By: Radioactive Toy
Date Posted: October 01 2005 at 12:46
Originally posted by Seyo Seyo wrote:

Not knowing the new procedure for additions I had to use search tool in forumu to get to this thread. Should not old procedures be deleted or moved to some "archive" or to put updated news and procedures on the main home page where it is easily identified?

I am still of opinion that the old open "submission form" was an excellent tool to easily add a new artist, provided that it should have been restricted to Collaborators only, as suggested in that Maani's "letter issue". In anyway, "The only thing I will ever reject is incomplete band requests. Max has instructed us to be inclusive rather than exclusive and there probably will be controversial additions because of this. Just letting you know in advance. Max’s goal is to bring a more and more people to this site." So then why additions are restricted and more complicate?

I understand if the Admin team wants more control over who and what has been added, but now this new procedure seems more difficult for me as a "submitter" of info. If I understood correctly a new submission is going thru email message to a given address at gmail, including bio, discogrphy, and pictures and mp3s as attachments to that message. I prepared a zip package for the artist I would like to submit, but the message will be over 35 MB size (5 mp3s): my internet connection is too lousy to even try to do it, so...

Another point: Why do you need so many artist info for initial addition of artists, I mean - listing of ALL the songs and line-up for EACH album? Isn't is the purpose of the nice "add album" tool on each artists page, where later on anyone can update discography with correct info?

Also Max had promised to enable all collaborators with a tool to edit or update all album information, or to correct errors. I have not seen that feature so far... I hope I made myself clear as to what I see as a problem which may delay additions from devouted collaborators like myself...

If you give me that tool (I've done some more work also here!) I'll add the new liquid scarlets myself, along with some reviews!

-------------

Reed's failed joke counter:
|||||
R.I.P. You could have reached infinity....

Date Posted: October 01 2005 at 13:58
Radioactive Toy! We haven't seen you here for a while, have we?

Posted By: Cesar Inca
Date Posted: October 01 2005 at 17:51
Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

I have been asked to chair a team for adding new bands to Prog Archives.  The team that is in place has an eclectic uniqueness to it and will serve this process well.  My role as Chair is primarily administrative in making sure the team is given what it needs to make proper evaluations. Anyone on Prog Archives can submit bands for addition. Here is the form of request we are asking for:

BAND INFORMATION

• Country
  • Artist picture
  • Official Website
  • Discography (In a List style not in a Paragraph, Include line up and Year of release)
  • A group (5) of MP3 that give the best overview of bands sound in 128 bit stereo,mp3

HI GARION, THIS IS CÉSAR INCA.

Would it be OK if I proposed a new band from my Yahoo! Mail e-address and not my ProgArchives one? If that's OK, I would send you an e-mail about Peruvian band Supay, a great Prog Folk from Lima.

The mail would include:
   - an attached Word document with the band's biography and discography
   - JPG images of tha band playing on stage and their (so far) only album

Regards.

Date Posted: October 01 2005 at 18:19

I'm curious ,why does it take so long for you to add band's to this site?

It seems like i only see one new addition to the site every few days.Do you only have one person who does all of the web work?

I see that you have at least five members on the "bands addition team" so then why does it take so long from the time a band is submitted,to listen the bands mp3s then decide if they belong here then add them?

If its a numbers thing maybe you could add more members to the"team".The reason i ask is because i have alot of bands i would like to submit,but at the pace this site moves it would be years before i see them added.

I would love to help you guys as much as i can,to relieve some of the burden.If there is anything i can do outside of"Stop submitting bands"let me know.

Don't take this as criticism,I love this site and want to help.

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2005 at 10:40

-------------

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: October 02 2005 at 11:31
What if you want to add a band, but don't have 5 Mp3s?

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: October 02 2005 at 14:45

Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

What if you want to add a band, but don't have 5 Mp3s?

You could ask other forum members to help you out!

Date Posted: October 02 2005 at 14:46
Originally posted by Cesar Inca Cesar Inca wrote:

BAND INFORMATION

• Country
  • Artist picture
  • Official Website

HI GARION, THIS IS CÉSAR INCA.

Would it be OK if I proposed a new band from my Yahoo! Mail e-address and not my ProgArchives one? If that's OK, I would send you an e-mail about Peruvian band Supay, a great Prog Folk from Lima.

The mail would include:
   - an attached Word document with the band's biography and discography
   - JPG images of tha band playing on stage and their (so far) only album

Regards.

Hi Cesar,

Long time no see.  Yes just send it to mailto:band.addito[email protected] - [email protected] .  You can send it from any email account you want.  There are a few people who access this account and will respond to your email.  If you have any MP3 of the band that would be great too.

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2005 at 14:52
Originally posted by Kohllapse Kohllapse wrote:

It seems like i only see one new addition to the site every few days.Do you only have one person who does all of the web work?

I see that you have at least five members on the "bands addition team" so then why does it take so long from the time a band is submitted,to listen the bands mp3s then decide if they belong here then add them?

If its a numbers thing maybe you could add more members to the"team".The reason i ask is because i have alot of bands i would like to submit,but at the pace this site moves it would be years before i see them added.

I would love to help you guys as much as i can,to relieve some of the burden.If there is anything i can do outside of"Stop submitting bands"let me know.

Actually, I can asure you if you submit them in the format outlined I will see they get consideration in the next two weeks.  As for your offer you realize we have a team that votes new bands on. Are you willing to folllow that and not add bands on your own but what the team submits to you only? This is the process the owners of the web site have chosen to follow.

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: October 03 2005 at 07:39

I submitted Lone Star for inclusion yesterday but was unable to mail in a zip file with the 5 MP3 tracks as it was too big! I ended up having to split them into individual zip files and even then I couldn't send a couple of the tracks I wanted to.

Is there an alternative way of submitting MP3s?

Date Posted: October 03 2005 at 08:46

As for your offer you realize we have a team that votes new bands on. Are you willing to folllow that and not add bands on your own but what the team submits to you only? This is the process the owners of the web site have chosen to follow.

yes.

-------------

Date Posted: October 03 2005 at 13:29
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I submitted Lone Star for inclusion yesterday but was unable to mail in a zip file with the 5 MP3 tracks as it was too big! I ended up having to split them into individual zip files and even then I couldn't send a couple of the tracks I wanted to.

www.yousendit.com

-------------

Date Posted: October 03 2005 at 13:30

Seyo is right

Thanks Kohllapse!
I also love this site very much, and want to help build it better and more accurate...

Date Posted: October 03 2005 at 14:24

As for your offer you realize we have a team that votes new bands on. Are you willing to folllow that and not add bands on your own but what the team submits to you only? This is the process the owners of the web site have chosen to follow.

[/QUOTE]  yes.

Garion81,if there is a way to join the team let me know.

-------------

Date Posted: October 03 2005 at 17:09
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Use http://www.yousendit.com - www.yousendit.com   to send the cd's.  Put all MP3 into a zip file and send it using this website.  Sugesstion: send it late at night to avoid heavy traffic on the internet.

-------------

Posted By: Cesar Inca
Date Posted: October 09 2005 at 13:20

Hi Cesar,

Long time no see.  Yes just send it to mailto:band.addito[email protected] - [email protected] .  You can send it from any email account you want.  There are a few people who access this account and will respond to your email.  If you have any MP3 of the band that would be great too.

HI, GARION.

Supay is already in the Archives -- Tony R. took in charge of it last week.
But now I'm ellaborating a text about Argentinian band ALAS. I'm afraid there are no sound archives available, and this band doesn't have a web page, but I'll complie as much information as I can about their biography, as well as their discography. Meanwhile, I'll be making drafts of reviews for their two albums.

Regards.

Date Posted: October 11 2005 at 06:48
OK, this is the list of recently added bands on the Prog Archives page (the last tab to the right):

"NEW ARTISTS/BANDS
Magyar Posse*
Rudess, Jordan
Lou Maxwell Taylor
Slogans
Zenobia
Gurnemanz
Erlkoenig
Credo
Wheatstone Bridge*
First Band From Outer Space*
Cotó En Pèl
Supay*
Madame Claus
Estradasphere*
Ephel Duath*
Interference Sardines*
Adramelch*
Smash
Zon
Jobson, Eddie*
Toubabou
Carpet Knights, The
Emerald
Dies Irae
Byzantium
Latest 50 additions..."

Now I wonder what happened to my bio of DRAGO MLINAREC, an important exYugoslavian artist who may loosely be included in the prog folk section. Following the new procedure I sent an email with his bio/discography and I also sent 5 mp3 samples some time ago, surely before Cesar's inclusion of SUPAY. Since I never received a feedback on this, I am not sure whether this hard work of mine ( ) has been under consideration or not! You will agree that this is not very encouriging situation for me to continue with writing bios for addition... Any hint, please...

Posted By: Eetu Pellonpaa
Date Posted: October 13 2005 at 02:51
Could there be a list of those bands which have been offered for inclusion, but weren't accepted? It would save the time of those sending bands... Or is there such list already?

Posted By: shakalito
Date Posted: October 13 2005 at 16:59

Exsimio

http://www.exsimio.cl - www.exsimio.cl

Posted By: Atkingani
Date Posted: October 21 2005 at 20:51

Well, I'm new here (started today) and I'm still learning how to do all these things...

But, in my humble opinion, certain classic bands not yet listed like Wishbone Ash and Lindisfarne needn't any kind of introduction. They should be here since the Fiat Lux!

Ok, ok, I recognize I'm lazy (and old) but I'll try to include them, but I'll also accept any help or cöoperation from older members.

See you,

-------------
Guigo

~~~~~~

Posted By: Drew
Date Posted: October 29 2005 at 17:06
Jesus- thats WAY too much work to get a band on this site- thats a joke right?

Posted By: eriksalkeld
Date Posted: November 21 2005 at 00:44

Hi, to whoever is in charge,

I sent all the information plus 5 MP3's of the band Vital Tech Tones nearly 1 month ago, I wanted to know if it is going to be added to the archives or if it haven't passed the test, and if that's the case, why not?

-------------
Autenticidad, actitud, pluralidad, espiritu e inteligencia, si es prog bien, si no, tambien.

Date Posted: November 26 2005 at 11:31
eriksalkeld, I have been waiting since 1 October to see addition of the bio of artist Drago Mlinarec that I submitted, after a decent amount of time spent working on it.
Here is where it ended up:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12713&PN=1 - Drago Mlinarec bio addition pending

There was Useful_Idiot saying "definitely prog" and no one else seems to care even to listen to that 5 mp3 I also submitted. There is obviously a problems with Band Addmission Team, I saw many members giving up - and other collabs, like me and you who are not able to technically add a band, are this way discouraged to continue making new proposals.

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: December 05 2005 at 16:51
I agree, what's going on with new bands submission? I sent all the details for Lone Star in September but haven't heard a thing. I've tried PMing some members of the submissions team but they don't reply. I appreciate they all have other work to do, but we should at least be advised of progress, otherwise people will give up making submissions.

Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 10:07
I am already giving up... too tired of waiting.

Posted By: PROGMAN
Date Posted: December 07 2005 at 06:21

I assume they have hundreds of requests so they may need time to get around them all!!

-------------
CYMRU AM BYTH

Posted By: Paulieg
Date Posted: January 07 2006 at 10:43

EXCELLENT!!!!
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm117DIUS">Custom Smiley  Bloodrock:  Bloodrock III

Great hard rock band kinda in the vein of Deep Purple's first three albums and

older Uriah Heep.  At least as proggy as the aforementioned bands which are

included in the archives.

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb065_ZNxdm117DIUS">

Posted By: Stargazer
Date Posted: January 07 2006 at 16:02
What if the band disbanded and no longer has a site? The gutarist still has a site with the discography of all of his older groups, would that be suitable? Also, since that site doesn't have a bio, would a 555 word self written bio be suitable?

Date Posted: January 07 2006 at 17:04

Originally posted by Stargazer Stargazer wrote:

What if the band disbanded and no longer has a site? The gutarist still has a site with the discography of all of his older groups, would that be suitable? Also, since that site doesn't have a bio, would a 555 word self written bio be suitable?

Two syllables, 7 letters by any chance?

Richard Of York Gave Battles In Vain

They're already here: http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAND.asp?band_id=1124 - http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAN D.asp?band_id=1124

Date Posted: January 07 2006 at 18:13
Even if it were a higher quality, it has to be 128? Is it because of bandwidth that we can't send higher quality files?

Also...

Date Posted: January 10 2006 at 19:10
Do we send the mp3s in 5 seperate letters? I tried zipping them, but gmail won't let me send more than 10 meg at a time.

-------------
I see a rainbow rising!

Posted By: PROGMAN
Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 10:37

Originally posted by Seyo Seyo wrote:

I am already giving up... too tired of waiting.

Hag in there, you will get a reply from then eventually, I recently had a reply of the request I made,and fair enough to them they do say Thank You for your Patience.

-------------
CYMRU AM BYTH

Posted By: Trotsky
Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 13:09
People there have been a lot of different threads discussing band submissions ideas ... and the process itself has changed a number of times ... Seyo for example as a Special Collab is now able to add those bands himself ...

We do apologise for the fact that some personnel turnover caused a big traffic jam in band submissions and we do have 100s of acts to go through ...

Please submit your entries to this address [email protected]

Cheers!

-------------
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 19:09

-------------
I see a rainbow rising!

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 19:40
Originally posted by Stargazer Stargazer wrote:

What if the band disbanded and no longer has a site? The gutarist still
has a site with the discography of all of his older groups, would that
be suitable? Also, since that site doesn't have a bio, would a 555 word
self written bio be suitable?

Let me guess - Rainbow !!

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 19:49
Y'know, as hillarious as it is, I would really appreciate an answer - to both my questions.

-------------
I see a rainbow rising!

Date Posted: January 12 2006 at 15:05

Coinsider the following.

BAND INFORMATION

A short paragraph with your reasons why this band should be added
Artist/band biography (usually found on their web site)
Country
Prog genre (This may be subject to change by PA staff)
Artist picture
Official Website
Discography (In a List style not in a Paragraph, Include line up and Year of release)
A group (5) of MP3 that give the best overview of bands sound in 128 bit stereo,mp3
Each Bio, Info, Pictures and Web Address:

Send the information an email with the bands name as the title.

MP3’s:

The songs file name must be = File name: [Band] - [Album] - [track number] - [title].mp3
Example: ELP_Trilogy_01_The Endless Enigma.mp3

Zip them up!

Email: [email protected]

If in fact the band we are talking about is Rainbow then you will be happy to learn that they have already been proposed and will possibly be voted on later.As always, we require as much info as possible and generally that includes the NAME of the band

THIS EDIT BY TROTSKY: Because this thread is old, there is some incorrect information that has provoked some confusion ... I am closing it and opening a similar thread with updated information ...Cheers!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk