Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=120079
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 12:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: the Who vs Kings of Leon
Posted By: Icarium
Subject: the Who vs Kings of Leon
Date Posted: May 13 2019 at 23:51
Sort of similar lile the Kinks vs the Killers, bands that resonate to different generations of youth. The baby boomers vs milenials. Arena rock pioneers vs the largest arena rock of to date. Anthemic bands that speaks to the youth culture.

I predict a landslide but maybe the Kings will crown some votes.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Chaser
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 01:43
Seriously? How can it not be The Who?

-------------
Songs cast a light on you

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 03:05
No contest.

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 03:39
Even by modern standards I find the KOL very soporific.

Voted for The Who.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Jeffro
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 04:33
Is this poll a joke?

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 04:33
The Who for sure. I don’t own any albums of theirs anymore, but at least they have talent.
I leave Kings of whatever for the dumpster truck. They are as bad as Imagine Dragons......to say I dislike them with a passion is putting it mildly....

Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 04:40
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

The Who for sure. I don’t own any albums of theirs anymore, but at least they have talent.
I leave Kings of whatever for the dumpster truck. They are as bad as Imagine Dragons......to say I dislike them with a passion is putting it mildly....

They're one of those rock bands, for people who don't like rock. Like U2 or Coldplay.

-------------

Posted By: MortSahlFan
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 05:56
When I was in Australia, I remember a friend insisting I listen, and it was awful, but I LOVE The Who.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Posted By: Argo2112
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 09:27
The Who, definitely. Not sure how many Kings of Leon votes are gong to be cast here.

Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 11:01
the Killers have earned one vote against the Kinks in the other poll.

-------------

Posted By: Fischman
Date Posted: May 14 2019 at 17:59
May as well put a junior high school girls basketball team up against the Golden State Warriors.

Date Posted: May 15 2019 at 03:41
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

They're one of those rock bands, for people who don't like rock. Like U2 or Coldplay.
U2 were tolerable in their early days...... the others I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.

Date Posted: May 15 2019 at 04:11

U2 were tolerable in their early days...... the others I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.
If dragons were real, they would be ashamed to be assiated with Imagine Dragons

-------------

Date Posted: May 15 2019 at 04:19

Yeah, that's true. From the debut up to and including Unforgettable Fire they were pretty good, after that they vanished up their own &rses for good. I can't stand Bono.

-------------

Date Posted: May 15 2019 at 10:24

Yeah, that's true. From the debut up to and including Unforgettable Fire they were pretty good, after that they vanished up their own &rses for good. I can't stand Bono.
Bono’s head expanded to a ridiculous size real quick. By the time that ‘larger-than-life’ Joshua Tree rolled around they lost it big-time. Sorry Eno, you didn’t nurture this one, you nuetered it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk