Print Page | Close Window

Steve Hackett tour

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=120135
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 07:52
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Steve Hackett tour
Posted By: GingerFox
Subject: Steve Hackett tour
Date Posted: May 21 2019 at 10:32
Anyone been to the Steve Hackett tour this year? How was your experience? I had a great time!

Replies:
Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: May 21 2019 at 10:55
I'd probably go if he ever came to Chicago...

duh...I just looked it up and is coming here on Oct 5....yeah....
Smile

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Foxprog
Date Posted: May 21 2019 at 11:21
Really, really great! Especially the Selling England... He nailed Dancing, Firth (solo was best I've heard live) and Cinema. Los endos also worked perfectly :)

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: May 21 2019 at 11:22
I saw him a couple of years ago at Atlanta Symphony Hall.  Excellent seats! Big smile

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: May 23 2019 at 00:10
At The Edge Of Light is his best album for a very long time imo. Does he just do Genesis material or does he perform his own as well?

Posted By: GingerFox
Date Posted: May 23 2019 at 01:45
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

At The Edge Of Light is his best album for a very long time imo. Does he just do Genesis material or does he perform his own as well?

First half of the show was parts from At The Edge Of Light and Spectral Mornings, while the second half was the whole Selling England by the Pound.

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: May 23 2019 at 16:57
Not this year, but last year. It was really great indeed, though I particularly enjoyed the Genesis stuff that I know better. I only wish he had played Shadow of the Hierophant whole.

Posted By: Matti
Date Posted: May 23 2019 at 23:11
I saw them (for the second time) in Helsinki, Finland, 11th May.
Such a fantastic set, including the most of Spectral Mornings and Selling England entirely. Here's a picture (not taken by me):

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: May 23 2019 at 23:59
Originally posted by GingerFox GingerFox wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

First half of the show was parts from At The Edge Of Light and Spectral Mornings, while the second half was the whole Selling England by the Pound.

Sounds good. It's a while since I've seen him - about 10 years or so just after To Watch The Storms. I'll check out a few dates.

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: May 24 2019 at 02:00
I'm not too keen on Nad Sylvan's voice, and given that the vocals are a fundamental part of the Genesis experience, I don't go to Hackett shows.

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: May 24 2019 at 22:12
^ I'm not particularly a fan of Gabriel's vocals anyway, so I don't really care much. I might even think that he is a slight improvement. But I do wish he had some other better singer for my taste.

Posted By: NotAProghead
Date Posted: May 25 2019 at 13:10
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I'm not too keen on Nad Sylvan's voice, and given that the vocals are a fundamental part of the Genesis experience, I don't go to Hackett shows.

I'm not a big Gabriel era Genesis fan (I know, it's a crime here Smile), always thought the songs are too wordy. But when Steve came to our town during "Genesis Revisited II" tour I couldn't miss the show. It took 2-3 first songs to 'adjust' myself to these wordy songs and then I found out that I'm completely fascinated by beautiful music. The sound was also perfect. 

In my opinion to miss Steve concert is a bit like robbing yourself. Smile 

-------------
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: June 01 2019 at 07:38
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I'm not a big Gabriel era Genesis fan (I know, it's a crime here Smile), always thought the songs are too wordy. But when Steve came to our town during "Genesis Revisited II" tour I couldn't miss the show. It took 2-3 first songs to 'adjust' myself to these wordy songs and then I found out that I'm completely fascinated by beautiful music. The sound was also perfect. 

In my opinion to miss Steve concert is a bit like robbing yourself. Smile 
Indeed. If you can go see him, you owe it yourself to get tickets for the show.

Posted By: Mormegil
Date Posted: October 03 2019 at 10:09
Two outstanding shows at the Keswick outside of Philadelphia this past weekend. Both were sold out.
The show had a handful of songs from Edge of Light, but the focus was on the Spectral Mornings and SEBTP.
The crowd also joined in a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday for Jo (although we didn't get any cake).

-------------
Welcome to the middle of the film.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk