Print Page | Close Window

Stores to browse & buy prog vinyl in/near DC?

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Other music related lounges
Forum Name: Tech Talk
Forum Description: Discuss musical instruments, equipment, hi-fi, speakers, vinyl, gadgets,etc.
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=120409
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 17:35
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stores to browse & buy prog vinyl in/near DC?
Posted By: AKDiamond
Subject: Stores to browse & buy prog vinyl in/near DC?
Date Posted: July 03 2019 at 13:42
In DC would be ideal, but outside is fine if reachable by public transit.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies:
Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: July 03 2019 at 14:07
Plenty here in Seattle......no clue about Washington, DC

-------------

Date Posted: July 05 2019 at 12:25
Thanks, but that's a little far... LOL

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: July 05 2019 at 13:22
Chicago has Reckless Records, Dusty Groove, and Beverly Records as well as several others....
Indianapolis has Luna and Indy cd and Vinyl.....sadly nothing close to me, both are well over an hour's drive.
It's getting hard to browse vinyl anywhere these days.

Google says there are at least 7-10 vinyl shops in the DC area...look them up..give them a call.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: July 05 2019 at 16:38
Originally posted by AKDiamond AKDiamond wrote:

In DC would be ideal, but outside is fine if reachable by public transit.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I remember there were several right around Dupont Circle.. right off the red line. Just be careful there after dark hahah.. pretty rough area after dark.  I also remember a killer place in Adams Morgan just down the street from this kick ass French Cajun Restaurant which has bread to die for and an awesome beer selection.  Don't remember the names of the places but if you get some good Google  hits close to them.. those are likely the ones I'm talking about. 

My favorite is in Falls Church and easy enough to get to via the Orange Line. Right in the heart of the historic part of town. Called the CD cellar but since this area has a high percentage of hipsters they have much more than just CD's.  Really killer selection of vinyl.. I'm not a hipster so can only speak to the selections they have for CD's and you can find a lot of killer prog there from off the beaten track.  Suppose most of the vinyl they have is 2nd hand, it is one of those kinds of stores so suspect their vinyl prog selection is as kicking as their CD selection is.  

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: July 08 2019 at 09:41
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I remember there were several right around Dupont Circle.. right off the red line. Just be careful there after dark hahah.. pretty rough area after dark.  I also remember a killer place in Adams Morgan just down the street from this kick ass French Cajun Restaurant which has bread to die for and an awesome beer selection.  Don't remember the names of the places but if you get some good Google  hits close to them.. those are likely the ones I'm talking about. 

My favorite is in Falls Church and easy enough to get to via the Orange Line. Right in the heart of the historic part of town. Called the CD cellar but since this area has a high percentage of hipsters they have much more than just CD's.  Really killer selection of vinyl.. I'm not a hipster so can only speak to the selections they have for CD's and you can find a lot of killer prog there from off the beaten track.  Suppose most of the vinyl they have is 2nd hand, it is one of those kinds of stores so suspect their vinyl prog selection is as kicking as their CD selection is.  
I'm guessing you mean Smash Records in Adams Morgan. That and the Falls Church place look great!

Much appreciated, thanks!

Also, I can't cut it as a hipster myself, but I guess I do at least check the "likes vinyl" box. LOL

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: July 08 2019 at 12:48
awesome and yeah that sounds like the place. I found a bunch of Holger Czukay solo albums there. Was a real pleasant surprise and wasnt expecting to when I walked in and this chick with more tats than a Oklahoma inmate and with a clothespin in her f**kking nose greeted me hahah. Love hole the wall album stores..  almost as much as dive bars.  

If you go there don't miss out on that restaurant..  man alive my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk