Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121120
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 08:05
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GlassWorks: The Works of Philip Glass
Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Subject: GlassWorks: The Works of Philip Glass
Date Posted: October 07 2019 at 10:15
My all-time favourite classical composer is Philip Glass and this thread is intended as a celebration of his magnificent works, starting with "The Light" (1987) from Symphony No. 4,  "Heroes"

Replies:
Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: October 07 2019 at 10:33
I posted a thread titled " http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116446&KW=qatsi&PID=5602531#5602531" rel="nofollow - The Qatsi trilogy " a year ago. Unfortunately, it didn't get any replies.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Date Posted: October 07 2019 at 11:17
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

I posted a thread titled " http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116446&KW=qatsi&PID=5602531#5602531" rel="nofollow - The Qatsi trilogy " a year ago. Unfortunately, it didn't get any replies.

I love "The Qatsi trilogy"! Thumbs Up It's good to know there's another Philip Glass fan here on ProgArchives. Heart
Here's the entire "Koyaanisqatsi" suite in six parts:-
Part I: Koyaanisqatsi

Part II: Vessels

Part III: Cloudscape

Part IV: Pruit Igoe

Part V: The Grid

Part VI: Prophecies

Date Posted: November 27 2019 at 09:34
PHILIP GLASS - Glassworks (1981)

Date Posted: July 09 2020 at 08:05
The Photographer (1983)

Posted By: wiz_d_kidd
Date Posted: July 10 2020 at 07:36
He was the headline at the Columbia (MD) Arts festival several years back where my wife and I saw him play. His minimalist style was mesmerizing. The music seemed repetitious at first, but after you fell into his hypnotic spell, you could detect a second running melody made by subtle alteration of the repeating pattern. I've probably seen hundreds of artists in concert, but none had the captivating effect he did. Genius.

Date Posted: July 10 2020 at 07:56
Originally posted by wiz_d_kidd wiz_d_kidd wrote:

He was the headline at the Columbia (MD) Arts festival several years back where my wife and I saw him play. His minimalist style was mesmerizing. The music seemed repetitious at first, but after you fell into his hypnotic spell, you could detect a second running melody made by subtle alteration of the repeating pattern. I've probably seen hundreds of artists in concert, but none had the captivating effect he did. Genius.
Philip Glass' early albums from the 1970's sound very repetitious, but I love his mesmerising soundtrack albums and complete symphonies. I'll post some more of his soundtracks later on this thread if they're still available on YouTube. Three of my particular favourites are:- The Hours; The Illusionist; & Notes on a Scandal, all of which I've seen several times on DVD.

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: July 10 2020 at 08:08
A link to the film itself that Glass did the music for....which is a must see film  imho.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi
I need to get that soundtrack......which could have been in the recent thread on soundtracks.

If only someone could make the Orange Goblin in office  watch the film with his eyes taped open like the dude in Clockwork Orange. Wink

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: July 10 2020 at 09:35
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

A link to the film itself that Glass did the music for....which is a must see film  imho.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi
I need to get that soundtrack......which could have been in the recent thread on soundtracks.

If only someone could make the Orange Goblin in office  watch the film with his eyes taped open like the dude in Clockwork Orange. Wink

I'd love to have posted the nine-part Koyaanisqatsi movie here, but Parts 3 & 4 were missing on YouTube due to copyright issues.

Date Posted: July 12 2020 at 12:05
Two Philip Glass soundtracks with a far eastern theme.....

Mishima (1985)

Kundun (1997)

Date Posted: July 12 2020 at 12:30
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I'd love to have posted the nine-part Koyaanisqatsi movie here, but Parts 3 & 4 were missing on YouTube due to copyright issues.

I have the DVD of the movie as well as the soundtrack CD. But to get the full benefit, you need to see it on the big screen, preferably with some psychotropics.  Cool

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Date Posted: July 12 2020 at 13:27
The two follow-up DVD's in the "Qatsi" trilogy are very good too:- Powaqqatsi (1988) and Naqoyqatsi (2002).

I had to check the spelling on those two films. Smile

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 03:25
Songs from Liquid Days (1986)

Akhnaten (1987) - The Opera

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 08:19
DancePieces (1987)

Dance Nos. 1-5 (1988)

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 08:39
I do like Glass, I saw him at Big Ears Festival in '16 as a duo with Laurie Anderson. I say a live performance of  Koyaanisqatsi in Boston last year with the movie running behind the musicians. To be honest I found it too disturbing to stay for the whole show and left after about an hour. It was extremely powerful.

I do like both the Glassworks and Koyaanisqatsi as albums.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 09:50
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

I do like Glass, I saw him at Big Ears Festival in '16 as a duo with Laurie Anderson. I say a live performance of  Koyaanisqatsi in Boston last year with the movie running behind the musicians. To be honest I found it too disturbing to stay for the whole show and left after about an hour. It was extremely powerful.

I do like both the Glassworks and Koyaanisqatsi as albums.
Koyaanisqatsi is probably the soundtrack album Philip Glass is best-known for, although "Koyaanisqatsi" is not exactly a  word you hear every day. I think it's from the native American Indian language.

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 12:12

The two follow-up DVD's in the "Qatsi" trilogy are very good too:- Powaqqatsi (1988) and Naqoyqatsi (2002).

I had to check the spelling on those two films. Smile

I have the DVD as well as the soundtrack CD of both these films. However, I haven't seen Naqoyqatsi on the big screen.

I also have the DVD of Baraka, a film similar to the Qatsi trilogy, but the music on that film wasn't by Philip Glass.

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 12:29

Koyaanisqatsi is probably the soundtrack album Philip Glass is best-known for, although "Koyaanisqatsi" is not exactly a  word you hear every day. I think it's from the native American Indian language.

Koyaanisqatsi is definitely the best-known film of the trilogy. It has even been referenced by The Simpsons at least twice to my knowledge... once even by name, as an Itchy & Scratchy cartoon.

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 12:29
Sometimes it seems like Google can read my mind:- I just typed the single letter "n" into the Google search engine and the first entry that came up before I'd even entered the second letter was "Naqoyqatsi" - full movie. Unbelievable! Geek

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 13:01

My favourite piece of music from Koyaanisqatsi is Pruit Igoe:

However, the visually most spectacular part of the movie occurs during The Grid. The Grid works quite well with the accompanying visuals, but as a stand-alone piece, it tends to be too repetitious.

-------------

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 13:35

Sometimes it seems like Google can read my mind:- I just typed the single letter "n" into the Google search engine and the first entry that came up before I'd even entered the second letter was "Naqoyqatsi" - full movie. Unbelievable! Geek

Google is not reading your mind, its tracking your every keystroke.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: July 13 2020 at 14:08
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Google is not reading your mind, its tracking your every keystroke.
Either way, it's still very impressive how Google seemingly knows what you're going to type into the search bar. Smile

1000 Airplanes on the Roof (1989)

Date Posted: July 14 2020 at 00:34
Philip Glass & Ravi Shankar - Passages (1990)

1. Offering

2. Sadhanipa

3. Channels and Winds

4. Ragas in Minor Scale

5. Meetings Along the Edge

6. Prashanti

Date Posted: July 14 2020 at 06:22
Itaipu (1989)

Anima Mundi (1992)

Aguas da Amazonia (1999)

Date Posted: July 15 2020 at 01:20
Symphony No. 1: "Low" Symphony (1992) - based on David Bowie's "Low" album.

Symphony No. 2 (1993)

Date Posted: July 15 2020 at 14:57
Symphony No. 3 (1995) -  Part I

Symphony No. 3 (1995) - Part II

Symphony No. 3 (1995) - Part III

Symphony No. 3 (1995) - Part IV

Symphony No. 4: "Heroes" Symphony (1996)

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 02:41
The Kronos Quartet performs Philip Glass (1995)

Posted By: Snicolette
Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 08:26
I love this one.   

-------------
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 08:34
Wow! Philip Glass played on the harp! That's amazing! It sounds like the theme from The Hours. Heart

By the way, I like Tom Rapp and Pearls Before Swine too. Smile

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 08:56

Wow! Philip Glass played on the harp! That's amazing! It sounds like the theme from The Hours. Heart

Thank you, glad you like it!  I think it's incredible (I play the harp, so I know how hard this is, despite it's being minimalist).  Good to know re PBS, too.  Wonderful artist.

-------------

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 09:17
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Thank you, glad you like it!  I think it's incredible (I play the harp, so I know how hard this is, despite it's being minimalist).  Good to know re PBS, too.  Wonderful artist.

I've listened to all ten of Tom Rapp & Pearls Before Swine's albums and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. It's sad to hear Tom Rapp is no longer with us, although his wonderful music will live on forever in our hearts. Broken Heart

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 10:26

I've listened to all ten of Tom Rapp & Pearls Before Swine's albums and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. It's sad to hear Tom Rapp is no longer with us, although his wonderful music will live on forever in our hearts. Broken Heart
  Do you have the A Journal of the Plague Year recording?  Well worth seeking out.  

-------------

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 10:51
^ Unfortunately, I don't have any Tom Rapp & Pearls Before Swine albums in my CD collection, but I listened to them all on YouTube several years ago.

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 10:57
Here is a YT link to the one I was speaking of, I'll just post the link, as this topic is about Philip Glass, instead of using the film paste app.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urTYHEfgWC0&t=8s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urTYHEfgWC0&t=8s

-------------

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 11:07

Here is a YT link to the one I was speaking of, I'll just post the link, as this topic is about Philip Glass, instead of using the film paste app.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urTYHEfgWC0&t=8s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urTYHEfgWC0&t=8s
Thanks for the link. Thumbs Up It's good to know the full album is on YouTube.

Date Posted: July 16 2020 at 11:20
You're very welcome!  Sad that he is gone, but glad he left us so much great music.  I actually had correspondence with him and his wife, very sweet people.

-------------

Date Posted: July 17 2020 at 02:32
Symphony No. 5 (1999)

Movement I: Before the Creation

Movement II: Creation of the Cosmos

Movement III: Creation of Sentient Beings

Movement IV: Creation of Human Beings

Movement V: Joy & Love

Movement VI: Evil & Ignorance

Movement VII: Suffering

Movement VIII: Compassion

Movement IX: Death

Movement X: Judgement & Apocalypse

Posted By: TheLionOfPrague
Date Posted: July 17 2020 at 19:43
Glassworks is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Really beautiful pieces. The rest of his work is also good but doesn't measure up to it.

-------------
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place

Date Posted: July 18 2020 at 00:16
It's Philip Glass' soundtrack albums that really stand out for me.....

The Hours (2002)

Metamorphosis (2006)

Date Posted: July 19 2020 at 05:58
Symphony No. 7: Toltec (2005)

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 01:40
Symphony No. 10 (2011)

Symphony No. 11 (2017)

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 04:04
Lavinia Meijer in another mesmerising performance on the harp strings, playing the theme from The Hours. Heart

Metamorphosis Two

Metamorphosis Four

Koyaanisqatsi

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 07:54
Funny, I was looking up other videos of her yesterday, she plays so beautifully. I'm really glad she is being enjoyed here.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 07:58

Funny, I was looking up other videos of her yesterday, she plays so beautifully. I'm really glad she is being enjoyed here.

Thanks Nicolette. I never would have discovered the beautiful harp playing of Lavinia Meijer if you hadn't pointed me in the right direction. I'll see if I can find any more of her Philip Glass performances to post here. This thread will hopefully help to introduce her wonderful music to a wider audience. Heart

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 08:17
Yes, I think she'd shown up after I'd been listening to another harpist, she has a YT channel, which I've now subscribed to.  Always happy to bring good music to the fore.  Smile

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 16:26

Yes, I think she'd shown up after I'd been listening to another harpist, she has a YT channel, which I've now subscribed to.  Always happy to bring good music to the fore.  Smile

It's incredible how Lavinia Meijer manages to play the bass, rhythm and melody on the harp all at the same time. I've never heard the harp played quite like that before. She's amazing! Star

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 16:32
She's very accomplished and so serene when she plays.  Which is how the best performers are, you don't realize how hard what they are doing is, unless you play as well.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 17:10

She's very accomplished and so serene when she plays.  Which is how the best performers are, you don't realize how hard what they are doing is, unless you play as well.

Yes, in the same way as Eric Clapton makes playing the guitar look easy, it's only when you pick up an electric guitar for the first time that you realise just how hard it is to play. I might learn to play chords on the guitar one day, but at the moment, I'm still learning to play single notes. Smile

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 17:53
You also gain an incredible appreciation of those that are so gifted, once you begin to learn.  Even if you never will play Carnegie Hall, doesn't matter, it's a good practice and great brain exercise.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 18:11

You also gain an incredible appreciation of those that are so gifted, once you begin to learn.  Even if you never will play Carnegie Hall, doesn't matter, it's a good practice and great brain exercise.
I'm learning to play guitar steadily: I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order, as someone once said. Smile

Date Posted: July 20 2020 at 19:23
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: July 21 2020 at 05:41
I simply can't get enough of Lavinia Meijer. Smile

Opening (from GlassWorks) 1981

Etude No. 12

Metamorphosis 2

Metamorphosis 3

Date Posted: January 24 2022 at 03:25
Philip Glass Symphonies

4 stars 1992: Symphony No. 1: The Low Symphony (David Bowie & Brian Eno) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nByePxsnt87h23CAwPoKuDzj1Gp6X0n-o" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nByePxsnt87h23CAwPoKuDzj1Gp6X0n-o
4 stars 1994: Symphony No. 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YF1Q20aexE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YF1Q20aexE
4 stars 1995: Symphony No. 3: 1st Movement -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdcF74lK9NE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdcF74lK9NE
                                                   2nd Movement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvW2Vnnxr00" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvW2Vnnxr00
                                                   3rd Movement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WsBCF_u-nU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WsBCF_u-nU
                                                   4th Movement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZffS3ESKCk8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZffS3ESKCk8
5 stars 1996: Symphony No. 4: Heroes Symphony (David Bowie & Brian Eno - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mEPzPS0i-k2UYmxv8MMOfMUrvxu1Lhoqw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mEPzPS0i-k2UYmxv8MMOfMUrvxu1Lhoqw
3 stars 1999: Symphony No. 5: Requiem, Bardo, Nirmanakaya - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAtMrTLhAXyLCy93M92EVplIntns2ssW0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAtMrTLhAXyLCy93M92EVplIntns2ssW0
                 2002: Symphony No. 6: Plutonian Ode - (playlist currently unavailable) 
4 stars 2005: Symphony No. 7: Toltec - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPd61T9GYY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPd61T9GYY
                 2005: Symphony No. 8 - (playlist currently unavailable)
                 2011: Symphony No. 9 - (playlist currently unavailable)
5 stars 2012: Symphony No. 10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh1IxxGHOaQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh1IxxGHOaQ
4 stars 2017: Symphony No. 11 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU_uBDujLAE&t=953s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU_uBDujLAE&t=953s
                 2019: Symphony No. 12: Lodger Symphony (David Bowie & Brian Eno) - (playlist currently unavailable)

Date Posted: January 25 2022 at 07:59
Philip Glass Soundtracks

3 stars 1977: North Star - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kcn3uIA6tSB-o_cZnS0fULZsshopip0vg" rel="nofollow - 4 stars 1982: Koyaanisqatsi - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mDCT4_Ky0CAnSs7AexWupMqE4qQRsnc7s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mDCT4_Ky0CAnSs7AexWupMqE4qQRsnc7s
4 stars 1985: Mishima - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nVsXCA2i0ehA2apAx7f0UOUa-crQ7SzGs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nVsXCA2i0ehA2apAx7f0UOUa-crQ7SzGs
2 stars 1988: The Thin Blue Line - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l7OWKzYqD3XuBuMcjLb5U6ndawRquA90g" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l7OWKzYqD3XuBuMcjLb5U6ndawRquA90g
5 stars 1988: Powaqqatsi -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0A62B9591F2544A2" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0A62B9591F2544A2
4 stars 1992: Anima Mundi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQZP4mZHv9Q" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQZP4mZHv9Q
4 stars 1992: Candyman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4_NI5x_gcE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4_NI5x_gcE
4 stars 1995: Candyman II: Farewell to the Flesh - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh3-icSKvfhk8Dz1M4lx9jzEI0WDpsZ4E" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh3-icSKvfhk8Dz1M4lx9jzEI0WDpsZ4E
5 stars 1997: Kundun - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nJ6H4LG75cT87rVnohGvdtICnjcTSq1PY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nJ6H4LG75cT87rVnohGvdtICnjcTSq1PY
5 stars 1998: The Truman Show (with Burkhard Gallwitz) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ_DwnwLPFEHfihy3uBWKeP75YrTnApzp" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ_DwnwLPFEHfihy3uBWKeP75YrTnApzp
4 stars 1998: Dracula - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaTZS2A2dOC-hPD7KXoyp1vVgP2UOp0gh" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaTZS2A2dOC-hPD7KXoyp1vVgP2UOp0gh
5 stars 2002: The Hours - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHZlmwya9f8H-MW5eWzWXOp6kV24IqUg8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHZlmwya9f8H-MW5eWzWXOp6kV24IqUg8
5 stars 2002: Naqoyqatsi -   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC9674CF671F33C9C" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC9674CF671F33C9C
4 stars 2004: Secret Window (with Geoff Zanelli) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1A2FF7997B4FE860" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1A2FF7997B4FE860
4 stars 2004: Taking Lives - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLohYzz4btpaTQJpYev9lQ6wQvD4tRjvjb" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLohYzz4btpaTQJpYev9lQ6wQvD4tRjvjb
5 stars 2005: Neverwas - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGnunjwRoJo1e-ec8Wzg6oKl3Bu-SBOc1" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGnunjwRoJo1e-ec8Wzg6oKl3Bu-SBOc1
5 stars 2006: The Illusionist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPeKSg8RoHzzkRguc62MOj4-WDOh9kcGR" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPeKSg8RoHzzkRguc62MOj4-WDOh9kcGR
5 stars 2006: Notes on a Scandal - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nXaqIyKhFzgmGln-xisMFQQtBnkCVTKA0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nXaqIyKhFzgmGln-xisMFQQtBnkCVTKA0
5 stars 2007: Les Animeux Amouraux - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZYDP1cn10U" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZYDP1cn10U
5 stars 2010: Nosso Lar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMEI3rvHzPk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMEI3rvHzPk
5 stars 2013: Visitors - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfk4_4c8X4XKb2bnN8vWmRZYMXZ9YIDzV" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfk4_4c8X4XKb2bnN8vWmRZYMXZ9YIDzV
5 stars 2015: The Fantastic Four (with Marco Beltrami) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRW80bBvVD3Ws_zMW0dGgvtlptJ1SQjBy" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRW80bBvVD3Ws_zMW0dGgvtlptJ1SQjBy
5 stars 2017: Jane -   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRW80bBvVD3Uwnp8I4HAZqZdm_OH4MiDF" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRW80bBvVD3Uwnp8I4HAZqZdm_OH4MiDF
5 stars 2020: Tales from the Loop (with Paul Leonard Morgan) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k5HqW8tCAh-93OuHad2xS6bogpAootXz0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k5HqW8tCAh-93OuHad2xS6bogpAootXz0

Date Posted: January 28 2022 at 08:28
A Window on the World of Philip Glass (selected works, excluding concertos, operas, soundtracks & symphonies)

4 stars 1981: Glassworks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Stu7h7Qup8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Stu7h7Qup8
3 stars 1983: The Photographer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPCkt9VvkY0&t=6s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPCkt9VvkY0&t=6s
3 stars 1986: Songs from Liquid Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EK1-t-sIpc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EK1-t-sIpc
4 stars 1987: Dancepieces - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoqFj81bpok" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoqFj81bpok
3 stars 1988: Dance Nos. 1-5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-XYxZupKCw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-XYxZupKCw
4 stars 1989: 1000 Airplanes on the Roof - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnIk3z5BCRk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnIk3z5BCRk
5 stars 1989: Itaipu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsVwBv_jcw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsVwBv_jcw
5 stars 1990: Passages (with Ravi Shankar) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ODkIhKL2fY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ODkIhKL2fY
3 stars 1992: Music from the Screens (with Foday Musa Suso) -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZiPdo41b-2DvPAVRqHK9EQS8tk27g6iO" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZiPdo41b-2DvPAVRqHK9EQS8tk27g6iO
4 stars 1995: The Kronos Quartet Performs Philip Glass - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_xhO02Ikw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_xhO02Ikw
5 stars 1999: Aguas de Amazonia - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lL5-zVfg5WfQSCPAqygzLfesuYQNg8few" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lL5-zVfg5WfQSCPAqygzLfesuYQNg8few
4 stars 2002: A Descent into the Maelstrom - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mJ52kYbtaJO5vhbqT1149M0FcqFOT2dH0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mJ52kYbtaJO5vhbqT1149M0FcqFOT2dH0
4 stars 2005: Orion (no playlist available)
4 stars 2006: Metamorphosis - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nA3IdlA784hUSw2_oFg0vDYvAhUreSKG8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nA3IdlA784hUSw2_oFg0vDYvAhUreSKG8

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk