Print Page | Close Window

How much time a day do you listen to music?

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Other music related lounges
Forum Name: General Music Discussions
Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122438
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 13:36
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How much time a day do you listen to music?
Posted By: musical_simpleton
Subject: How much time a day do you listen to music?
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 07:27
On average.

Curious to see what the numbers are.

Replies:
Posted By: Tapfret
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 08:00
It varies, but it's never zero. There are always tunes in the car. So on work days the commute is 70-90 minutes. Then it earbuds on breaks, so in a 12.5 hour shift that's another 75 minutes. Tends to be a little more on days off. I'm going to estimate 2-3 hours a day minimum.

-------------
https://www.last.fm/user/Tapfret" rel="nofollow">
https://bandcamp.com/tapfret" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp

Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 08:03
About ten hours a day on average and around 10% of the music I listen to is prog, or one prog album a day on average. Smile

Posted By: Mortte
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 08:49
1-3 albums on mondays-fridays, weekends 5-8 albums per day (depends on albums lenght).

Posted By: tamijo_II
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 08:53
avg. about an album / day.
days with no time, some days many hours.

-------------
Same person as this profile:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=22524" rel="nofollow - Tamijo

Posted By: Snicolette
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 09:08
At this point in time, I am listening to a lot of the progcentric radio shows.  I typically spend about 4-5 hours a day listening to them, averaged out and also purchase what I like of new music and music I missed here and there.  I will usually spend 3-4 hours a week listening to both new and old purchases.

-------------
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 22:54
Maybe 4-5 hours on average. 1-2 hours in the car, and 3-4 hours at work on earbuds except on days where I have lots of meetings

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: March 07 2020 at 23:34
4-7 hours daily methinks with more during the weekend.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Frenetic Zetetic
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 01:05
I'd say more often than not I listen to about 1-3 full album's worth of music a day. Sometimes it's the same album 3 times, sometimes it's the same artist with 3 different albums (the case lately with Beefheart, lol). Neat thread!

-------------

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 01:10
Properly, about an album a day

Casually , when I'm getting ready for bed or to go to work (random play on Alexa ) then about an extra hour.

Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 01:24
It appears from the replies so far, that I listen to more music overall  (about 10 hours a day on average) than almost anyone here, and yet ironically, I listen to less prog than almost anyone here, as only around 6% of my CD collection could be classed as genuine bona fide prog. Smile

Posted By: PhideauxFan
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 04:01
Two or three albums per day (post/alternative/progressive music, hard-rock/heavy-metal, classic-rock).

Posted By: LAM-SGC
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 10:38
I work from home, I have my own company. So I have music on all the time, and I have a classical radio station on all night. The only time I don't listen to music is if I am transcribing Swedish film dialogue, interviews, etc. which requires cans and a lot of concentration.

I would say on average, that I probably listen to music for somewhere between 14 and 18 out of any 24 hours. And most of it is not prog.

Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 10:49
Originally posted by LAM-SGC LAM-SGC wrote:

I work from home, I have my own company. So I have music on all the time, and I have a classical radio station on all night. The only time I don't listen to music is if I am transcribing Swedish film dialogue, interviews, etc. which requires cans and a lot of concentration.

I would say on average, that I probably listen to music for somewhere between 14 and 18 out of any 24 hours. And most of it is not prog.
Crikey! You listen to even more music than I do, and I thought I listened to a lot. Smile

Most of the music I listen to isn't prog either. Smile

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 11:41
Some days I listen to music (mostly prog) for several hours, but other days I don't listen to any music at all. There isn't really any regularity to my music listening time, so it's difficult to work out an average with any sort of accuracy. But I suppose that an hour a day would be a reasonable guesstimate.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 11:54
I work from home often, so the music is playing usually from about 10am to about 6pm M-F, this is not critical listening so I probably soak in maybe 60%.....Weekends I'll spin records all day long, so I'll get 6-8 albums in a day. I play all media vinyl, CD, hi-rez files and reel to reel tapes even.

-------------

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 12:03
According to my last.fm account I averaged 62 scrobbles a day during 2019, 67 scrobbles a day in January, and 65 scrobbles a day in February.  I am basically listening to music from 6 am to 6 pm except when in meetings.  I'd say mostly prog, but also metal and classic rock with the occasional pop artist thrown in from time to time.

-------------

Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 12:26
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

According to my last.fm account I averaged 62 scrobbles a day during 2019, 67 scrobbles a day in January, and 65 scrobbles a day in February.  I am basically listening to music from 6 am to 6 pm except when in meetings.  I'd say mostly prog, but also metal and classic rock with the occasional pop artist thrown in from time to time.
What's a scrobble? It sounds like a word game you play with song titles. Smile

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 13:38
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

a scrobble is a song/track.  Each song/track that I listen to is counted as 1 scrobble.

-------------

Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 13:55

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

a scrobble is a song/track.  Each song/track that I listen to is counted as 1 scrobble.
Thanks for the info. That's the first time I'd ever heard of a scrobble today. Smile

Posted By: Teunis
Date Posted: March 08 2020 at 14:40
About 3 hours a day.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk