Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122588
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 03:00
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pictures at an Exhibition
Posted By: Mortte
Subject: Pictures at an Exhibition
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 14:53
This is one of my favorite classical works. Just listened ELP & piano version after long time, also watched first time ELP vid from this. First time introduced this from ELP, but was quite disappointed when hearing the whole suite how little original was in the ELP-album (only four pictures from ten). But really after watching that Vid started to love again ELP-version. So, whatīs your way of listening this masterpiece? If only ELP-album, I really hope you try piano or classical orchestra version, just because there is so much great music missing in ELP-version!

Replies:
Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 17:16
The suite has some good bits, but it's not my favourite bit of classical music.
I was present at the gig in Newcastle when ELP recorded the album in 1971, and I was not very impressed. Emerson's playing was sloppy at times (he spent too much time showing off) and some of the arrangements are a bit naff. Lake was the best by far - a great singer.
I've got the album, but almost never play it. And I never went to see ELP again.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 17:23
The Mussorgsky piano and orchestra version. I've kown it since my chidhood, listened to it with my granfather. I also like the ELP version, but prefer the original one.

Posted By: VianaProghead
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 17:57
As a classical music fan, all versions are great if they're well performed.

-------------
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)

Posted By: Squonk19
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 18:12
Dar, dar, dar-da-da, dar, dar, da........ Love them all - just I'd be lying if I didn't say that the ELP version is close to my heart (my first ELP album - as I think it was at a budget price to match my pocket money at the time). Wonderful melodies!

-------------
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 18:45
Was never that excited by the original piano solo composition. Ravel's orchestration took the piece to a whole new level and he rarely gets the credit he deserves. It's the orchestral version that Emerson heard first but he purchased the piano solo sheet music as the basis for ELP's adaptation. Tomita's version is much more faithful to the original (he performs the work in its entirety) but some of the Casio CZ synth sounds are for me, strictly Camembert Electric.Dead

-------------

Posted By: jamesbaldwin
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 18:59
I love Ravel's orchestral version, but I like the original piano version by Musorgskij too.

So, I vote for both.

I dont like ELP's version (the Lp).

-------------
"Happiness is real only when shared"

Posted By: YESESIS
Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 19:40
ELP version.

Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 23:24
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Was never that excited by the original piano solo composition. Ravel's orchestration took the piece to a whole new level and he rarely gets the credit he deserves. It's the orchestral version that Emerson heard first but he purchased the piano solo sheet music as the basis for ELP's adaptation. Tomita's version is much more faithful to the original (he performs the work in its entirety) but some of the Casio CZ synth sounds are for me, strictly Camembert Electric.Dead
Never heard Tomitaīs version, but I didnīt like at all his version of Holst Planets, so I believe itīs not for me. When looking the information about the suite last night, to my surprise there seem to be really many non-classical versions, even Tangerine Dream has made version from Promenade. Anyway havenīt heard Ravelīs version as whole (we listened parts of orchestra version in school), going to listen first thing in this morning.

Great to see lots of love in this great work and also outside ELP:s version!

Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 23:26
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

Dar, dar, dar-da-da, dar, dar, da........ Love them all - just I'd be lying if I didn't say that the ELP version is close to my heart (my first ELP album - as I think it was at a budget price to match my pocket money at the time). Wonderful melodies!
To me it was also first album from ELP I heard (my brother had a cassette version of it) so itīs still my fav ELP-album!

Date Posted: March 27 2020 at 23:33
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

I was present at the gig in Newcastle when ELP recorded the album in 1971, and I was not very impressed. Emerson's playing was sloppy at times (he spent too much time showing off) and some of the arrangements are a bit naff. Lake was the best by far - a great singer.
I've got the album, but almost never play it. And I never went to see ELP again.
I have some while thought, that Emerson is the one who at least partly spoils ELP. The meaning of his playing sometimes seem to be just showing his skills, not making great music, also I donīt always like his taste of synth sounds. But last night when I watched "Pictures" I really liked his "show", even it has also really bad taste humor. And have to say his classical music taste is really good, the Nice version of Sibelius Karelia Suite is also really great!

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 02:01
Apparently there are around 50 unique classical arrangements of it alone ( my source being a BBC documentary from probably 10 years ago - might be on y/t) even before you get to everyone else's!

ELP's version is the first album I ever bought with my own money as a 14 year old in 1976 (Ģ2 if I recall correctly) . I really hated it aside from The Old Castle/Blues Variation . Just one long rambling noise that didn't seem to go anywhere and a very excited crowd which just seemed strange. 

Over the years my feelings probably haven' changed that much and that's coming from a massive ELP fan who regards Keith Emerson as the great God of music . It served a purpose in its time. When they played live at The Isle Of Wight this was pretty much all they had. Thankfully it gradually got slimmed down to something more manageable and sensible. My favourite ELP version is the 1978 Nassau Colloseum version minus the orchestra. Nailed and job done. The version from Mar Y Sol festival (1972) I would also highly recommend. The organ crackles and Palmer is on fire behind the kit!

I enjoy the Tomita version. Emerson was very impressed with this and it influenced his re-arranged version in 1977 that ELP performed at the Montreal Olympic stadium. 

I don't listen to the classical versions that much although I do own one of them. 

Voted for all versions.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 03:56
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Never heard Tomitaīs version, but I didnīt like at all his version of Holst Planets, so I believe itīs not for me. When looking the information about the suite last night, to my surprise there seem to be really many non-classical versions, even Tangerine Dream has made version from Promenade. Anyway havenīt heard Ravelīs version as whole (we listened parts of orchestra version in school), going to listen first thing in this morning.

Great to see lots of love in this great work and also outside ELP:s version!
Hi,

Tomita's touch is an acquired taste sometimes ... but some things of his really stand out ... the first album (Snowflakes are Dancing) is a must in all collections ... and at that time, everyone kinda thought that the synthesizer could only do what Wendy/Walter Carlos did, which was (to my ears) more about fun, than it was an extension of the synthesizer ... but his next album (Pictures at an Exhibition) kinda stretches your imagination a lot, unless you know the piece, and you will find it a nice rendition of it. His 3rd album with the Firebird Suite is the one I like the most ... and probably his best. The Holst version is rather nice, but probably one that you will like better if you know the piece. 

I'm not sure I know which "version" I like better of PAAE ... since I like them all, and find that some details here and there are better on one than the other ... some parts fit ELP better than Tomita, or the classical touch for my ears!

TD is full of classical music ... and it is the reason why I consider Edgar Froese "symphonic" because all of the music during his life had that touch and feel ... as soon as he passed the new version of TD has lost that "symphonic" feel ... and I don't think those guys can get it back ... on their own, they are too "metalic" ... for my tastes ... too much machine ... I had never thought of "machine" listening to TD since ALPHA CENTAURI ... !!!!!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 04:12

I have some while thought, that Emerson is the one who at least partly spoils ELP. The meaning of his playing sometimes seem to be just showing his skills, not making great music, also I donīt always like his taste of synth sounds. But last night when I watched "Pictures" I really liked his "show", even it has also really bad taste humor. And have to say his classical music taste is really good, the Nice version of Sibelius Karelia Suite is also really great!

HI,

The weird thing is that Keith Emerson is the one that was into classical music, and even did pieces with The Nice ... He did Sibelius, Bach and Tchaikovsky in that group ... and probably other bits we are not aware of.

For comparison, try this ... play ELP's The Endless Enigma (both parts) and then look for Rachel Flowers Piano version of this (she also has an organ version) ... and you will find that it is a SOLID piano concert ... that was adjusted for his mates and the rock music of the day ... and another example, even better, is the first album ... listen to "Take a Pebble" and it is ... a superb piano piece and concert by itself ... and I have always thought that Keith was a superb composer ... that could not ... sell a piano concert to anyone ... because the time for classical music was over and dead and done ... no one listens to it for the piano anymore ... and all many folks can think of are the stage antics, that were done more for the fans, to ensure they did not get bored with things ... knowing darn well that a rock audience did not (and STILL does NOT) have the patience to sit through a piano concert.

If Keith has said that he was doing his piano concert #3 ... after 15 minutes a lot of the fans would boo and get upset ... and this is one of the saddest and ugliest sides of rock music ... no appreciation for music whatsoever ... and not allow a player to showcase their talents ... and this is very visible in America and England ... although I can not speak for Germany, France or Italy ... but seeing an orchestra do Tangerine Dream ... is beyond anything that you and I could ever conceive or think ... and if there is something that deserves a recording that does, but my guess is that "purists" have killed that album ... and think that it hurts TD.

The synthesizer and players like Keith Emerson need to get the appreciation for some excellent compositions, and above all ... appreciation for so much music and giving us something ... that is more than once in a lifetime thing and event ... you don't get more than one chance to see a Misha, or Nureyev, or even a Pavarotti (my favorite is the voice of Renata Tebaldi) ... and it is really hard to put these things in perspective in a place like PA, that only worships the almighty "hit" because it sold, and the rest of the music is just sh*t!

I'm just glad (and very proud) to see this thread ... 

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 05:37
Only ELP version. Although I do like this album, it doesn't impress me like Tarkus or Brain Salad Surgery.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 07:27

I actually prefer Emerson's playing in the Nice (in fact I generally prefer the Nice as a band), plus the Karelia Suite is one of my favourite pieces of music (but I love all Sibelius music).
I saw Mostly Autumn a few weeks ago at their bash at the Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge, and the start of the second set was Troy Donockley (Nightwish) and Iain Jennings playing the slow movement of Sibelius's  Finlandia Suite on pipes and keyboards. Breathtakingly beautiful.

-------------

Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 07:31

I actually prefer Emerson's playing in the Nice (in fact I generally prefer the Nice as a band), plus the Karelia Suite is one of my favourite pieces of music (but I love all Sibelius music).
I saw Mostly Autumn a few weeks ago at their bash at the Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge, and the start of the second set was Troy Donockley (Nightwish) and Iain Jennings playing the slow movement of Sibelius's  Finlandia Suite on pipes and keyboards. Breathtakingly beautiful.

"But last night when I watched "Pictures" I really liked his "show", even it has also really bad taste humor"

He was nowhere near Rick Wakeman for that. Wakeman is a first class stand up comedian - watch his induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. As a 70+ man, the bit about the prostate inspection brought tears to my eyes, but it was bloody funny.

-------------

Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 08:02

Me too! Emerson hammond playing is just great, also I prefer the Nice from ELP.

Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 08:06

"But last night when I watched "Pictures" I really liked his "show", even it has also really bad taste humor"

He was nowhere near Rick Wakeman for that. Wakeman is a first class stand up comedian - watch his induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. As a 70+ man, the bit about the prostate inspection brought tears to my eyes, but it was bloody funny.
Agree also, Wakeman has been also comedy man without purpose, I am talking about his classic curry and "Arthur on ice" -cases! But on the other hand I think Wakeman has always got lot more style in his keyboard playing than Emerson (except with hammond theyīre equal).

Posted By: Braka1
Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 08:09
I have no idea if this is widely accepted, but I remember the first time I heard Grieg's 'Peer Gynt' in its entirety, and realised immediately that Lake had pinched the main opening melody from 'Solveig's Song' for 'The Sage'.

-------------

Believe me Pope Paul, my toes are clean

Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 08:09
BTW Hereīs Wigwamīs version about "Finlandia", I guess it shares the opinions, but I really love itīs rawness (and itīs in a great way added to Losing Hold):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLSDgY7-pjc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLSDgY7-pjc

Posted By: Dopeydoc
Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 08:59
Mussorgsky: great prot-prog of the 19th century.

Posted By: Mormegil
Date Posted: March 28 2020 at 09:52
I dig them all. Good music is good music . . .

-------------
Welcome to the middle of the film.

Date Posted: March 29 2020 at 03:02
Talking of The Endless Enigma (well Moshkito was!) I would strongly recommend the album The Three Fates Project which was something Keith wanted to do for years. The orchestral version of Endless Enigma is wonderful. I prefer it to the original version it's so good!

Yep Keith could compose lovely music but people associate him with the stage antics and so he is often seen as inferior to Tony Banks and Pete Bardens who are perhaps seen as 'cultured'. It's just perception. Someone ( I think it was Hercules) mentioned that Keith could be sloppy. Certainly true. He was never a precision player like the afore mentioned Banks or Bardens. He was an 'ideas man' . He was interested in pushing musical boundaries and in creating a new form of classical music as he saw it. He did though apparently have massive respect for other players like Banks , Kerry Minnear and Jon Lord , the latter being a particular favourite of his.

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: March 29 2020 at 17:55
I have never been fully satisfied with any of ELP's versions, but then I knew the full piece before I heard EPL do it. The Ravel orchestrated version was one of the first classical records I bought and I still love it. Then I found the original piano version, and in some ways I like it more and other ways I like it less. Then I discovered Leopold Stowkowski's orchestration, which I also love and highly recommend.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: iluvmarillion
Date Posted: March 29 2020 at 22:55
A bit off track, but while I think ELP lost it after their fourth album, I rather like Keith's piano concerto and I'm sorry some people booed it. Works doesn't come off because the individual pieces in the double album don't knit together. Maybe with another producer and a reduction in length to a single album the album might have worked. Bands like ELP when they get involved in orchestras tend to get a bit over ambitious. Procol Harum come to mind as one of the few who can pull it off. Pink Floyd another one.

Back on track I voted all versions. I like the piano version. Not sure who composed the orchestral version. Was it Ravel, because I like that as well? ELP may not have improved on the orchestral version but it's certainly interesting to listen to. Take your pick which live ELP version you prefer because they're all a bit different.

Date Posted: March 30 2020 at 02:31
The most famous orchestral version is the one by Ravel but there are a number of other versions including one by the founder of The Proms (Sir Henry Joseph Wood) that takes place every year at The Royal Albert Hall ( although not this time I imagine)

Date Posted: March 31 2020 at 06:32
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Yep Keith could compose lovely music but people associate him with the stage antics and so he is often seen as inferior to Tony Banks and Pete Bardens who are perhaps seen as 'cultured'. It's just perception. Someone ( I think it was Hercules) mentioned that Keith could be sloppy. Certainly true. He was never a precision player like the afore mentioned Banks or Bardens. He was an 'ideas man' . He was interested in pushing musical boundaries and in creating a new form of classical music as he saw it.
Hi,

Of all the shows by ELP that I have ever seen on the tube, I like to say that the antics is what most of them were after "for the fans" ... and this is sad, in many ways, because the music takes the back seat ... and again, there was one concert that Keith did in LA that he was at the piano for 12 to 15 minutes and the bootleg had people boo'ing at 10 minutes ... and honestly ... if my name was Keith Emerson, I would get up and walk out ... and state something like ... I love music. You don't! And walk! But listening to that bootleg, I can honestly say ... that if my name was Keith, I would have cried on the way home, and probably say ... never again in LA.

It sounds bad, but sometimes an audience (even here!) needs to eat some serious ugly crow ... the idea that the audience is the boss and the player/musician is the slave, is just scary and something that hurts "music" in all its aspects.

I never thought that he was less of a precision player than anyone else, however I think that he could tell that sometimes his fingers weren't right, and I think he used that as a hint/link to something new. "Mistakes", even in rehearsal, are often the biggest leads into something new. However, as he had issues with his hands and wrists in his elder days, I have a feeling that he was already having issues with his hands in the early days, which made him look like he was not as precise. But he certainly knew how to adjust and probably hide it better than many!

And I think he DID push the boundaries (I like your wording on that!), and seeing someone like Rachel Flowers show that side (how else you gonna introduce Tarkus to your bandmates?) on a piano ... and instead you and I end up seeing what a great composer he was!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: The Anders
Date Posted: March 31 2020 at 07:59
There are more than one classical version. I know at least one by Borodin and one by Ravel (which I think is superior to Borodin).

As for the ELP version, I have always had mixed feelings about it. Some passages are great, and I like the original songs that appear. But unfortunately the plot is somehow lost for my part when all of a sudden they begin jamming on a 12 bar blues form. It makes little sense in the context of Mussorgsky.

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: March 31 2020 at 15:57

EDIT:
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Tomita's touch is an acquired taste sometimes ... but some things of his really stand out ... the first album (Snowflakes are Dancing) is a must in all collections ... and at that time, everyone kinda thought that the synthesizer could only do what Wendy/Walter Carlos did, which was (to my ears) more about fun, than it was an extension of the synthesizer ... but his next album (Pictures at an Exhibition) kinda stretches your imagination a lot, unless you know the piece, and you will find it a nice rendition of it. His 3rd album with the Firebird Suite is the one I like the most ... and probably his best. The Holst version is rather nice, but probably one that you will like better if you know the piece. 

Whooollley crap, Pedro and I agreeing on something.Shocked
I must really consult , cos I'm scared nowTongueEvil Smile

All I need from Tomita are the first three albums (though I still have all the main ones on vinyl until Bolero) and in the order of appearance/publication, but I'd settle for Snowflakes in Pictures only.

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: March 31 2020 at 16:24
Crap indeed, if "scatred", then one should consult a doctor as blood in the stool can be a very serious thing. It has happened to me.

By the way, I didn't notice anyone mention Mekong Delta's Pictures at an Exhibition.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 15:41
My very first ELP album back in ‘87. Still my favourite. I haven’t ventured into other versions.
I think the sound of this album is utterly brilliant.

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: April 04 2020 at 16:39
Sean Trane beat me to adding another version you should check out.  I like all the variations on it.

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 01:35
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

My very first ELP album back in ‘87. Still my favourite. I haven’t ventured into other versions.

I'm not sure myself. Carl Palmer's symbals and high hat are way too muted and the organ is too 'clean' for my taste. Have you ever heard the 1970 Lyceum version? It was part of the film of the band that was released into the cinema at the time. The Baba Yaga section on that version is mighty and shows ELP at their devastating best IMO. Other parts are not so good. The Old Castle/Blues Variation is much better on the album but in general I prefer the rougher sound of the 1970 Lyceum performance to that of the 1971 studio album.

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 01:51

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I'm not sure myself. Carl Palmer's symbals and high hat are way too muted and the organ is too 'clean' for my taste. Have you ever heard the 1970 Lyceum version? It was part of the film of the band that was released into the cinema at the time. The Baba Yaga section on that version is mighty and shows ELP at their devastating best IMO. Other parts are not so good. The Old Castle/Blues Variation is much better on the album but in general I prefer the rougher sound of the 1970 Lyceum performance to that of the 1971 studio album.
I have the full DVD of Piccies. I think the post-production went overboard with the psychedelics ha ha. I never found too much to pick with the sound.

Posted By: M27Barney
Date Posted: April 05 2020 at 02:43
To be fair I have not listened to the full orchestra version fot 30 years and never heard the piano only version....ELP version is exceptional especially the old castle moog solo...probably Emersons finest...

-------------
Play me my song.....Here it comes again.......

Date Posted: April 06 2020 at 18:25
Interesting discussion. Of all the different versions I prefer the first from the documentary of the Isle Of Wight festival; that is the video of the performance of Pictures of an Exhibition, not the CD of the performance which came out later. That is vastly inferior. It's Keith's incredible attack on the Hammond organ where he stretches the notes and Carl Palmer's amazing ability at being able to sustain the beat while Keith is doing his act, all the time Greg Lake hiding himself in a corner trying to figure out what to do. This is what I love about Prog Rock. It's not always about the technical proficiency but more about the surprises that it brings up. Someone mentioned Rick Wakeman's comic ability as well. In my view what ELP brings to the table at the Isle Of Wight festival is better than anything that The Nice were doing earlier. However post 1977 ELP for various reasons is inferior to what pre 1970 The Nice were doing.

Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 14:35
Originally posted by iluvmarillion iluvmarillion wrote:

Interesting discussion. Of all the different versions I prefer the first from the documentary of the Isle Of Wight festival; that is the video of the performance of Pictures of an Exhibition, not the CD of the performance which came out later. That is vastly inferior. It's Keith's incredible attack on the Hammond organ where he stretches the notes and Carl Palmer's amazing ability at being able to sustain the beat while Keith is doing his act, all the time Greg Lake hiding himself in a corner trying to figure out what to do. This is what I love about Prog Rock. It's not always about the technical proficiency but more about the surprises that it brings up. Someone mentioned Rick Wakeman's comic ability as well. In my view what ELP brings to the table at the Isle Of Wight festival is better than anything that The Nice were doing earlier. However post 1977 ELP for various reasons is inferior to what pre 1970 The Nice were doing.

That video of the Isle Of Wight is sadly just based on 10 minutes of film as the BBC decided to switch the filming off shortly after ELP arrived on stage.

The Nice actually were pretty damn brilliant at times. I love their instrumental stuff especially, Davison and Jackson were a great rhythm section backing Emerson to the hilt. Contrastingly, ELP by 1973 were deep into the sci-fi electronic approach that was a million miles away from the organ attack style of the Nice. However there was a nice reminder of what The Nice could do when Moraz (doing a more than passable impression of Emerson) linked up with Davison and Jackson. Refugee is one hell of an album!

Posted By: Squonk19
Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 15:32
Originally posted by Braka1 Braka1 wrote:

I have no idea if this is widely accepted, but I remember the first time I heard Grieg's 'Peer Gynt' in its entirety, and realised immediately that Lake had pinched the main opening melody from 'Solveig's Song' for 'The Sage'.

We think alike - I posted that on a prog rock Facebook site about a year ago, thinking I'd get lots of responses along the lines of "Yes, we all knew that" or "Yes, Greg mentioned it himself in the past", but didn't. Is it a well-known fact amongst ELP fans?

-------------
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”

Date Posted: April 07 2020 at 20:18

Originally posted by iluvmarillion iluvmarillion wrote:

That video of the Isle Of Wight is sadly just based on 10 minutes of film as the BBC decided to switch the filming off shortly after ELP arrived on stage.

The Nice actually were pretty damn brilliant at times. I love their instrumental stuff especially, Davison and Jackson were a great rhythm section backing Emerson to the hilt. Contrastingly, ELP by 1973 were deep into the sci-fi electronic approach that was a million miles away from the organ attack style of the Nice. However there was a nice reminder of what The Nice could do when Moraz (doing a more than passable impression of Emerson) linked up with Davison and Jackson. Refugee is one hell of an album!
Never got over Yes stealing Patrick Moraz from Refugee.

Posted By: geekfreak
Date Posted: April 12 2020 at 02:23
All  

-------------
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk