Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=124329
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 14:30
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Facemask - the new norm and fassion
Posted By: Icarium
Subject: Facemask - the new norm and fassion
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 05:48
 feel this is a poll that is gotta happen sooner or later. As this has become the thing to wear these days.I was hessitant for a long time, mostly caused by psychological reasons, angst and im was sensing the enviroment and egotisticaly enough my comfort. But lately i have come to use it and are getting used to wear it. Just trying to work it out as a normal habit and not a hurdle. It is stil most important to keep the distance of a minimum one metere (60 centimeter + 80 centimetere). Now faskmask is not a problem to wear as im getting used to it.

As is my new motto, you can not be to nerdy when it comes to covid-19 precausions. But also try to have a critical mind in these days when social-istancing-policys are inforced. They are inforced for a reason yet im alwyas keeping my critical mind up anyway.

And as of right now i used surgical masks but i am on the look-out for washable- masks to use regularly and mostly for econmical reasons.

-------------

Replies:
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 05:58
I have allowed multple choice as one can use more than one option.

-------------

Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 06:23
I've never worn a face-mask and I never will, even though that's not one of the poll options. Smile

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 06:57
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I've never worn a face-mask and I never will, even though that's not one of the poll options. Smile
When you leave your home to go out do you not wear a mask because of a medical condition? Or do you not wear a mask because you don't want to?

If the answer is the later, you may be infecting those who participate in your A to Z British polls. We don't want them not to vote.

Washable for me.

Posted By: Cristi
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 06:59

so you don't get out of the house.
Understood... 

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:33
I wear both surgical masks and self-bought washable masks.  

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:38
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Understood... 
Shopping must be awkward then

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:41

Understood... 
Yes, I get out of the house twice a day every day, but I'm not going to be forced to wear a muzzle to do my daily shopping. Smile

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:42

Understood... 
Yes, I get out of the house twice a day every day. Smile
Prison yard workout?

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:49
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Understood... 
Yes, I get out of the house twice a day every day. Smile
Prison yard workout?

🤣🤣🤣

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 07:53

Understood... 
Yes, I get out of the house twice a day every day, but I'm not going to be forced to wear a muzzle to do my daily shopping. Smile
So do all the shops let you in without one, or are you exempt?

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:15

How completely selfish and thoughtless of you.

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:16

I get out of the house twice a day every day, but I'm not going to be forced to wear a muzzle to do my daily shopping.
Bloody hell, Paul. I'm disappointed in your choice and now have a different opinion of you.

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:19
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I wear both surgical masks and self-bought washable masks.  
cool; It took slme time to get used to it but now its become "norma"to wear, but ideally i would like a customized 'superhero' stylished mask.

-------------

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:26
Preferrably none since I'm thoroughly done with the cojona scam. This Milgram experiment has been going on way too long. I choose breathing the fresh air over suffocating in my self-exhaled carbon dioxide. But in a setting in which those mouthmasks are required, which I try to avoid whenever I can, I prefer one of the masks me auld mum has made.

-------------

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:30

I'm trying to get one in this color! But having no luck.

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:31
^Maybe these are available in France.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:32
maybe! I'll wait till the pandemic is over and go over to Paris. Hey, wait a minute..

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:36
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Preferrably none since I'm thoroughly done with the cojona scam. 
Confused

Have you been listening to Jeremy Corbyn's brother?

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:45

Preferrably none since I'm thoroughly done with the cojona scam. This Milgram experiment has been going on way too long. I choose breathing the fresh air over suffocating in my self-exhaled carbon dioxide. But in a setting in which those mouthmasks are required, which I try to avoid whenever I can, I prefer one of the masks me auld mum has made.

A good friend of mine is in the hospital with Covid right now and she isn't the first. Is this part of the scam you are referring to?

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 08:45
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Confused

Piers? No, his name passed me by a few years ago, something with weather issues. But it is not unlikely that I may share one or two views with him.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 09:16

Confused

Piers? No, his name passed me by a few years ago, something with weather issues. But it is not unlikely that I may share one or two views with him.

Yes Piers, he is apparently something to do with a weather company. When he was on GMB recently, amongst other complete b*ll*cks he came out with, he predicted that we'd have cold weather in winter. Shocked
Ooh. hold the front page.
He also thinks that covid is a scam and is basically a dangerous headcase.

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 09:51

I now have three friends sick with Covid including one in the hospital. Is this part of the 'cojona' scam you are referring to?

Posted By: FatherChristmas
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 10:51

I don't think masks help that much either - the point of masks is to decrease the amount of air getting through, but even then there's still a huge risk of the virus being inhaled - the only way to stop inhalation of the virus is to stop breathing full stop, which is a health risk even bigger than the coronavirus. Wink

The main reason I wear a mask (or try to, as I will explain) is to encourage order and discipline. It goes from not wearing a mask to not distancing yourself from strangers, to not bothering about mixing with strangers, and eventually forgetting Covid-19 restrictions completely and carrying on as usual - most likely causing millions more deaths. Something you should be thinking more about unless you're a mad sadist.

I understand some people's point of view that the government forcing people to wear masks and do particular things is a breach of freedom and on the road to totalitarianism, but these are very exceptional times, and we are lucky that in this country (Britain, if others read this) the government is so divided the only major thing that has been done is Brexit, and that was after a 3-year waiting list (some may disagree with me calling that lucky but I'm comparing the UK with totalitarianism, remember).

As I have mentioned, I myself have trouble sometimes with wearing masks as I am asthmatic, and I sometimes find it difficult to breath. I once chewed a breathing hole in a mask and was fine until I realised it defeats the point. Sometimes I don't have breathing problems (don't know why), so I usually just hope that happens. But my point is, I try to wear them, so people don't think it's OK to just break the restrictions and do what they like, and to (slightly) decrease the risk of me catching/spreading the virus - so therefore, I won't try to tell you what to do but I think you should wear them, Paul. It's thoughtless of you.

-------------
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:07
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

I get out of the house twice a day every day, but I'm not going to be forced to wear a muzzle to do my daily shopping.
Bloody hell, Paul. I'm disappointed in your choice and now have a different opinion of you.

Well, he was kicked out of the American Politics thread for similar insensitive comments with regard to his worshipping of Donald Trump.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:21
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

I don't think masks help that much either - the point of masks is to decrease the amount of air getting through, but even then there's still a huge risk of the virus being inhaled - the only way to stop inhalation of the virus is to stop breathing full stop, which is a health risk even bigger than the coronavirus. Wink

The main reason I wear a mask (or try to, as I will explain) is to encourage order and discipline. It goes from not wearing a mask to not distancing yourself from strangers, to not bothering about mixing with strangers, and eventually forgetting Covid-19 restrictions completely and carrying on as usual - most likely causing millions more deaths. Something you should be thinking more about unless you're a mad sadist.

I understand some people's point of view that the government forcing people to wear masks and do particular things is a breach of freedom and on the road to totalitarianism, but these are very exceptional times, and we are lucky that in this country (Britain, if others read this) the government is so divided the only major thing that has been done is Brexit, and that was after a 3-year waiting list (some may disagree with me calling that lucky but I'm comparing the UK with totalitarianism, remember).

As I have mentioned, I myself have trouble sometimes with wearing masks as I am asthmatic, and I sometimes find it difficult to breath. I once chewed a breathing hole in a mask and was fine until I realised it defeats the point. Sometimes I don't have breathing problems (don't know why), so I usually just hope that happens. But my point is, I try to wear them, so people don't think it's OK to just break the restrictions and do what they like, and to (slightly) decrease the risk of me catching/spreading the virus - so therefore, I won't try to tell you what to do but I think you should wear them, Paul. It's thoughtless of you.
The point of wearing a mask is not to protect the person wearing it but keep an infectious person from spreading it out into the air through coughing, sneezing and through the discharge of spittle when talking, yelling and laughing. I'm surprised that as an asthmatic, you would put yourself in harms way, being among the most vulnerable if you should catch the virus. 

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:24
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Well, he was kicked out of the American Politics thread for similar insensitive comments with regard to his worshipping of Donald Trump.
Yeah, luckily he has a thousand and one prog polls to keep himself occupied.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:32
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

The point of wearing a mask is not to protect the person wearing it but keep an infectious person from spreading it out into the air through coughing, sneezing and through the discharge of spittle when talking, yelling and laughing. I'm surprised that as an asthmatic, you would put yourself in harms way, being among the most vulnerable if you should catch the virus. 
Two points:
1. I didn't say masks are there to protect the person wearing them. What I meant, if it was unclear, is that masks don't prevent you catching the virus, and therefore they're not miracle workers as some people I know seem to think.
2. I said I try to wear masks, so I do not necessarily "put myself in harms way". If I have serious trouble breathing with a mask on I might have an asthma attack, and could end up in hospital anyway - and if I can't wear them I try not to go out so as to not infect others. Don't see what else I can do.
And I thought I was the one who didn't read posts.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:35
^ Masks are not perfect but they are the easiest and most cost effective way to cut down on the spread of germs. As already stated, we wear masks to protect others, not ourselves.

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:38

Two points:
1. I didn't say masks are there to protect the person wearing them. What I meant, if it was unclear, is that masks don't prevent you catching the virus, and therefore they're not miracle workers as some people I know seem to think.
2. I said I try to wear masks, so I do not necessarily "put myself in harms way". If I have serious trouble breathing with a mask on I might have an asthma attack, and could end up in hospital anyway - and if I can't wear them I try not to go out so as to not infect others. Don't see what else I can do.
And I thought I was the one who didn't read posts.
Don't fret, you're still the one who doesn't read posts. LOL I thought that you implied that you tried to wear them but couldn't at times when you felt that breathing was difficult. No more, no less.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 11:56
Glad to know I am still champion of misreading!! LOL
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

^ Masks are not perfect but they are the easiest and most cost effective way to cut down on the spread of germs. As already stated, we wear masks to protect others, not ourselves.
As a rule, I agree with this.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 12:53

A good friend of mine is in the hospital with Covid right now and she isn't the first. Is this part of the scam you are referring to?

I now have three friends sick with Covid including one in the hospital. Is this part of the 'cojona' scam you are referring to?

A bit repetitive and tedious, except maybe for the counter that multiplies by three in hardly more then one hour. And that's exactly what has been happening all the time: we have been deluged and brainwashed with cojona during the last seven months and more by the corporate media, who even go as far as committing character assassination on our king and his daughters because they went there-and-back-again to Greece, and such things cause me to react allergically. 

Part of the scam? Maybe, maybe not. It's not my part to judge such things: neither in my own circle nor 4,500 miles or so from my home. Nor am I counting the beds and coffins that are occupied by COVID-19 casualties. My guess is that, if I test positive on COVID-19 and I will be brought into hospital because I, as a diabetic, have a dangerous hypoglycaemia, I will be registered as a COVID-19 patient. Manipulating data has become a common practice, as with the climate (for which I don't need to look further than the nearest official weather station, some four miles from my home), so with cojona. Many victims have underlying diseases and the total number of deads here is less than that of the 2017-2018 season's flu. I may be paranoid, but the whole thing is used to impose political agendas, a "plandemic", methinks.

By the way, I hope that your friends will recover soon.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 13:01
^ Ah yes, the imaginary political agenda. So as far as my sick friends go, are they faking it to help keep the political agenda going?

Posted By: A Crimson Mellotron
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 13:19
Surgical... And oh, hope this crap ends sooner. Wacko

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 13:32
Originally posted by A Crimson Mellotron A Crimson Mellotron wrote:

Surgical... And oh, hope this crap ends sooner. Wacko
According to Robert there is a cynical political agenda to all of this. So if that is the case maybe there will never be an end to it.
Of course such ideas don't make much sense in the real world, so more than likely the end will come once doctors find a workable vaccine or cure.

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:06
my wife got us both washable masks, which I wear to shops, as the law dictates here.

As a civil servant, I am bound to obey the law despite any personal opinions I might have. I would add, though, that it strikes me as being good manners to wear the things inside shops at the moment, if nothing else to not cause distress to anyone.

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:07

^ Ah yes, the imaginary political agenda. So as far as my sick friends go, are they faking it to help keep the political agenda going?

I wish them well, John. Hopefully they will make a full recovery.

-------------

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:23
Either option 1 or option 3 for me, depending. 

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 14:24

I choose breathing the fresh air over suffocating in my self-exhaled carbon dioxide. 

excellent understanding of science here. You sir are a true champion of humanity. 

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: twseel
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 15:01
When I still lived in Groningen, Netherlands until the end of the summer I didn't wear them because they weren't required anywhere (except on public transport), and I didn't really mind because there weren't very many cases there and so I didn't feel the need to be the odd one out. Now I've moved to Antwerp, Belgium and when I moved here they were mandatory everywhere in public (though without any actual punishment). This frightened me on the hot day that we were looking for appartments, as it got me short of breath soon, but as I actually lived here and just wore them everywhere outside I very quickly didn't mind anymore and even felt good about the cause. 
Then they made it not mandatory on the streets anymore as the study year started and slowly the mask wearing on the streets went from 95% to about 50%, and now it's gone so crazy that they've instated a new lockdown... Quite sensible given the number as not too bad for the life of a student (like I am). I'm still wearing them because I like the thought of not potentially breathing germs on on other people. Good to note for Paul and Robert: I did not follow any mainstream media to get here, you just have to realize the obvious fact that a germ is spreading around through breath (I know people who really suffered from it, I'm sure everyone does at this point) and a mouth mask obviously stops the fine fluids that come out whenever you speak from flying off almost completely... It's a bit harder to grasp for breath sometimes when you're exhausted, but then you can easily take it off for a second. And on the flipside, I can now stare into a crowd and lick my lips without anyone feeling intimidated! That's a first!

Anyway, to answer the poll question, are surgical masks the really simple blue ones they sell everywhere? I use those but rarely replace them since I'm not too afraid of getting sick myself compared to infecting others and I like how they easily bend to fit your face. I also got a washable one from a co-worker with the logo of the moving company we worked at on it. It doesn't fit as well but it is fun to advertise for a company that's 250km away so I still wear it sometimes...

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 15:11

A bit repetitive and tedious, except maybe for the counter that multiplies by three in hardly more then one hour. And that's exactly what has been happening all the time: we have been deluged and brainwashed with cojona during the last seven months and more by the corporate media, who even go as far as committing character assassination on our king and his daughters because they went there-and-back-again to Greece, and such things cause me to react allergically.
Oh shush, some people criticized it and then that was a short news story. The guy has been getting criticism about his lifestyle every month for his entire life, everyone knows he's not a representative figure and this story really doesn't change much for anyone.

Part of the scam? Maybe, maybe not. It's not my part to judge such things: neither in my own circle nor 4,500 miles or so from my home. Nor am I counting the beds and coffins that are occupied by COVID-19 casualties. My guess is that, if I test positive on COVID-19 and I will be brought into hospital because I, as a diabetic, have a dangerous hypoglycaemia, I will be registered as a COVID-19 patient. Manipulating data has become a common practice, as with the climate (for which I don't need to look further than the nearest official weather station, some four miles from my home), so with cojona. Many victims have underlying diseases and the total number of deads here is less than that of the 2017-2018 season's flu. I may be paranoid, but the whole thing is used to impose political agendas, a "plandemic", methinks.

By the way, I hope that your friends will recover soon.

Ah I remember arguing with you about the weather data, where you said that climate change is a hoax because they appeared to have not corrected a change in measuring equipment only between 1951 and 1961... I don't have the energy to look up comparison numbers regarding deaths but I certainly heard of an increase in overall deaths having very much set up by now, and of course the other main arguments against this is that the number of deaths would be much higher without the legal restrictions (just compare between countries...) and hospital beds AND hospital workers being overloaded, depleting the resources of medical care and making it worse for everyone if you want to actually properly treat all covid patients. And yes, I also know multiple people who work in hospitals, including corona duty, and they're not f**king around in there. They're doing actual effective, autonomous medical work to help this overload of patients.

-------------

Posted By: Mascodagama
Date Posted: October 20 2020 at 18:10
Threads like this are always instructive as the wingnuts / tinfoil hat brigade out themselves.

-------------
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
http://bandcamp.com/jpillbox" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp Profile

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 00:14
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

Ah I remember arguing with you about the weather data, where you said that climate change is a hoax because they appeared to have not corrected a change in measuring equipment only between 1951 and 1961... I don't have the energy to look up comparison numbers regarding deaths but I certainly heard of an increase in overall deaths having very much set up by now, and of course the other main arguments against this is that the number of deaths would be much higher without the legal restrictions (just compare between countries...) and hospital beds AND hospital workers being overloaded, depleting the resources of medical care and making it worse for everyone if you want to actually properly treat all covid patients. And yes, I also know multiple people who work in hospitals, including corona duty, and they're not f**king around in there. They're doing actual effective, autonomous medical work to help this overload of patients.

I did not say climate change is a hoax, I said man-made global warming is a hoax. Quite a difference, given the fact that the climate has always been changing and mankind has never been capable of warming up the earth with more than 10-4 degrees centigrade or so.
I cannot account for the number of deaths, statistically attributed to COVID-19, but the measures are way beyond proportion in most countries. And yea, hospital workers are overloaded with work, with a few verbal feathers planted in their arses as a reward, but many others cannot do their jobs. And I have not yet heard of a significant increase in mortality rates in Sweden, where life goes on quite normal.

The remedy is worse than the evil and I'm sure that history will judge with a harsh judgement about this and some of the people involved when it's over.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 01:09

Understood... 
So do all the shops let you in without one, or are you exempt?
I don't wear a mask, but I do wear a tinfoil hat, so people usually stay well clear of me in shops. LOL

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 01:37

I did not say climate change is a hoax, I said man-made global warming is a hoax. Quite a difference, given the fact that the climate has always been changing and mankind has never been capable of warming up the earth with more than 10-4 degrees centigrade or so.
I cannot account for the number of deaths, statistically attributed to COVID-19, but the measures are way beyond proportion in most countries. And yea, hospital workers are overloaded with work, with a few verbal feathers planted in their arses as a reward, but many others cannot do their jobs. And I have not yet heard of a significant increase in mortality rates in Sweden, where life goes on quite normal.

The remedy is worse than the evil and I'm sure that history will judge with a harsh judgement about this and some of the people involved when it's over.

Sweden did see a statistically significant increase in deaths so far compared to previous years: https://www.scb.se/en/finding-statistics/statistics-by-subject-area/population/population-composition/population-statistics/pong/tables-and-graphs/monthly-statistics--the-whole-country/preliminary-population-statistics-by-month-2020/
And the government also requested people to work from home and have banned large gatherings, not that different from where most countries were at this summer.
And yeah we should continue the global warming debate one day because I have lots to say but let's not derail this.

edit: Yeah I also have gripes some policies, I also would have done things differently, though I think my way (and probably also you way) would lead to more uproar and disagreement and who knows how that would have gone. Nothing wrong with being critical, but don't assume we're being brainwashed and don't tell us that light, fabric mouth masks will gradually choke us out.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 05:06
I follow the advice of my doctor, its quite easy and very uncomplicated and doesn't require imaginative constructs of sinister political conspiracies. You don't suppose my doctor is in on the grand scheme to take away my freedom.

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 05:19

I follow the advice of my doctor, its quite easy and very uncomplicated and doesn't require imaginative constructs of sinister political conspiracies. You don't suppose my doctor is in on the grand scheme to take away my freedom.

How do you know he's not secretly a full paid up member of the Flat Earth/No moon landing conspiracy theory society?

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 05:25

How do you know he's not secretly a full paid up member of the Flat Earth/No moon landing conspiracy theory society?
No, they are with the "US Really Bombed The World Trade Towers To Start A War" conspiracists.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 05:34
^ If it doesn't involve the illuminati, the council of foreign relations, the Rockefellers, George Soros or the League of Nations then its hardly believable.

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 05:40
I have to say that the idea of any type of world wide conspiracy is quite ridiculous to me. How can countries who are sworn enemies like those in Mid East or North and South Korea be part of the same conspiracy? But somehow these conspiracy coo coos rationalize an answer that is so complicated that it defeats the purpose of the conspiracy that they adhere to.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 05:55

I have to say that the idea of any type of world wide conspiracy is quite ridiculous to me. How can countries who are sworn enemies like those in Mid East or North and South Korea be part of the same conspiracy? But somehow these conspiracy coo coos rationalize an answer that is so complicated that it defeats the purpose the conspiracy that they adhere to.

What would be the point of such a conspiracy anyway?

Oh yes, it's so Bill Gates can inject us all with a tracking device, or something.

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:07
Oh, they can dream up or rationalize reasons for that too. My opinion is that these people feel that they have such little control over their own lives that they feel that government powers have nothing better to do than to interfere with theirs, even on the most absurd and personal levels. Big Brother is watching you, in the toilet.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:11
Yes, apparently the governments of the world cannot get along about anything except taking away our freedom via the dreaded face masks. On this one point they are all working together to subjugate us and they have also enlisted all the medical professionals in the world to play along with their ambitious 'political agenda'.
My parents survived WWII and the great depression, but could they have survived the horrors of wearing a face mask. My how our generation has suffered.

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:20

Big Brother is watching you, in the toilet.

No doubt the Illuminati is tracking everyone's poops and taking them apart at special secret labs hooked up to the sewers to find ways to make us wear masks on our asses.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:27

[QUOTE=twseel]mankind has never been capable of warming up the earth with more than 10-4 degrees centigrade or so.

It's off topic so I won't pursue it but it would be interesting to know the scientific basis behind that claim.

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:38
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Big Brother is watching you, in the toilet.

No doubt the Illuminati is tracking everyone's poops and taking them apart at special secret labs hooked up to the sewers to find ways to make us wear masks on our asses.
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:43
This thread seems to have opened up a whole can of conspiracy theories. It's only a matter of time before someone mentions David Icke and 5G masts.  Smile

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:54

[QUOTE=twseel]mankind has never been capable of warming up the earth with more than 10-4 degrees centigrade or so.

It's off topic so I won't pursue it but it would be interesting to know the scientific basis behind that claim.
You could look up the climate change thread from summer last year I think, I remember asking Silly_Puppy and Robert which two of these three basic, widely documented elements of man-made climate change are false: 1. CO2 warms an atmosphere it's in to a measurable degree, 2. Humans have emitted a lot of CO2 in the past century or so, 3. The earth is warming quicker on average, with many obvious consequences; and all the (believable) counter-arguments were in the vein of 'this political/financial figure once said believe in climate change would benefit them so they have a motive for lying' and 'this obscure independent source is vague or contradictory about its data, possibly allowing for manipulation'. Come to think of it, maybe it's not worthwhile to start that discussion again.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 06:59
let's get back on topic or just shut it down. 

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 08:03

let's get back on topic or just shut it down. 
A novel notion. I wear (or attempt to wear) surgical masks.

-------------

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 09:42
Hi,

I want mine to have Bugs Bunny on it ... or on 2nd thought ... the Tasmanian Devil!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: dougmcauliffe
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 12:09
I'm disappointed but not surprised about the few people who are saying they refuse to wear masks. You may not fear the virus, but you should wear it as a common courtesy. This is a prog website after all, so it's bound to attract some Fox new loving out of touch boomer contrarians. The same people who are convinced that the government should regulate abortion and same sex marriage get all up in arms and suddenly "know their rights" when the government wants them to wear a piece of cloth on their face when they're at price chopper. 

-------------
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes

Posted By: mathman0806
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 14:26
Same kind of outcry when seatbelt laws and helmet laws were imposed. There was a time when there were no speed limits. Are people less "free" because of these? No, there are more people alive to complain about things.

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 14:31
^ Maybe but the typical conservative, certainly the Trumpeteers, would say they'd like to see seatbelt & helmet laws rescinded. 

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Posted By: Shadowyzard
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 14:33
Eebv-Oq-AXYAMt-IR7

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 14:53
^ Oh My God! That shocking picture just freaked me out. I really wasn't expecting that. Dead

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 14:57

^ Oh My God! That shocking picture just freaked me out. I really wasn't expecting that. Dead

what, you've never seen Alien? 

Posted By: suitkees
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 15:07
No need to understand French to understand this clip, I think:

-------------

The razamataz is a pain in the bum

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 15:08
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Maybe but the typical conservative, certainly the Trumpeteers, would say they'd like to see seatbelt & helmet laws rescinded. 

The trumpateers have rendered the word conservative meaningless. There was a time when conservative meant respecting law and order and exercising caution. Its hard to tell what the word means anymore, if it means anything at all.

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 15:14

Yeah, the eyeglasses are like creepy portal gateways. The skeleton hands are comforting, though. 

Posted By: ForestFriend
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 16:46
I wear the surgical/disposable masks they hand out at my work; I don't really want to turn disease prevention into a fashion statement. Masks are purely utilitarian for me; they're a slight inconvenience and I use them to respect people around me, not because they're fun and trendy.

I wear one all day at work except when I'm eating in the break room; I'm running around in steel-toes (which are much less comfortable form of PPE) and lifting heavy things, so if masks are somehow depriving me of oxygen, apparently they aren't working well enough to prevent me from doing my job. My asthmatic dad has no problem breathing with them either. But I know how you guys feel, I used to find turtlenecks uncomfortable and restrictive, but eventually I grew older than 5 and now they're fine.

-------------
https://borealkinship.bandcamp.com/releases" rel="nofollow - My prog band - Boreal Kinship

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 17:18
t**sers who refuse to wear masks are why I can't go to concerts

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 17:26
Being a sports fanatic and avid concert goer, those are definitely two of the things that I miss the most.  I'm just not sure how comfortable I will be going back once these are opened to fans.  I guess that a lot of that will depend on how effective the vaccine is and whether or not people are required to wear masks.  The problem is like that with smoking, once the lights go down, the joints come out.  

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 17:29
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Eebv-Oq-AXYAMt-IR7
Awesome! Where can we get the face hugger mask?

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 17:32
^ No idea! LOL

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 17:37
Some incredibly ignorant, selfish folks on this thread. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with Covid-19 and had to quarantine for 2 weeks. We feared that she would die and it was close there for a moment and the doctors were close to intubating her, but she pulled through. But it was agonizing for my wife not to be allowed to visit her mother, and as her mother has dementia, she was certain that her children had abandoned her, even though they talked on the phone every day. 

Wear a f*cking mask. The pandemic is spiking in several states because of stupid people incapable of following simple rules (like wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands, etc.). It's not for you, selfish pr*cks, it's for everyone else. If you are in a store and not wearing one, I will escort your sorry a** out myself.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 18:14
BTW, I wear surgical masks. I wear one even if I'll most probably not come across a single person in open air and wide areas. I'm now in my already very sparsely inhabited summer house whereabouts in late-ish autumn; where it'll be almost uninhabited by winter, and I'll continue to wear my masks. More out of courtesy than paranoia. Also some "habits" are good. I don't even think about something, when it becomes one of my habits. Wink

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 18:41
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Wear a f*cking mask. The pandemic is spiking in several states because of stupid people incapable of following simple rules (like wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands, etc.). It's not for you, selfish pr*cks, it's for everyone else. If you are in a store and not wearing one, I will escort your sorry a** out myself.

Hi,

I'll join you ... the reckless side of many folks in this situation is insane ... and seeing someone in some big house not use it either, doesn't make it any better!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 19:06
Yup, I know people who have been seriously ill, stop being an arrogant t**ser and wear a mask.

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 20:37
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Some incredibly ignorant, selfish folks on this thread. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with Covid-19 and had to quarantine for 2 weeks. We feared that she would die and it was close there for a moment and the doctors were close to intubating her, but she pulled through. But it was agonizing for my wife not to be allowed to visit her mother, and as her mother has dementia, she was certain that her children had abandoned her, even though they talked on the phone every day. 

Clap

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 20:38
I use both the basic blue surgical ones and white cloth washable ones...but I'm ordering one with the Crimson 1st lp face on it.
Big smile

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: October 21 2020 at 21:57
Neat^

-------------

Posted By: DamoXt7942
Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:01
In my clinic I'm wearing a surgical mask but actually washable one is my favourite. Pig

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/damoxt7942" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:34
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

t**sers who refuse to wear masks are why I can't go to concerts

I can’t really comment on American law and practice, but over here in Blighty it is not the t**sers who refuse to wear masks stopping me going to a gig, but the t**sers who make the laws.

Entertainment venues, pubs, restaurants, community centres, community sporting activities (although not the professional football and rugby behind closed doors), all shops excepting essential food outlets are being closed for 17 days from tomorrow in Wales, and in many Tier 3 areas in England.

Everything that makes life rather fun.

All for a virus that you have a 99.5% minimum chance of not dying from. A lot of the most seriously affected people in this country by the restrictions are young adults, who have more chance of being run over by Captain Kirk than dying from this lurgy.

These laws are being enforced in Wales in areas which have barely any cases, areas such as the one I live in, for purely political reasons because the opposition leader in London is demanding the same in England.

No nuance. No common sense. State socialism in all but name. The ruination of many decent small businesses and low paid workers being plunged into poverty, all in the name of extraordinarily loose “science”.

Bloody disgraceful really, but, as I said before, I will continue to wear my bloody mask, because that is what the law tells me to do.

It is perfectly possible for reasonable, decent, intelligent people to disagree over this subject.

It doesn’t make us all t**sers Wink

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:39
what's a "t**sers"? Smile

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:41

A chap who rubs his genitalia extremely vigorously whilst listening to David Cassidy albums until a wet patch appears in his Spider-Man pants........

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:44
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

A chap who rubs his genitalia extremely vigorously whilst listening to David Cassidy albums until a wet patch appears in his Spider-Man pants........

urgh...
what's the actual word, who's gonna get offended? I'm not a native speaker. Tongue

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:50

urgh...
what's the actual word, who's gonna get offended? I'm not a native speaker. Tongue

The actual word is toss (er), as in tossing the caber. 

I suppose the people who would get offended are precisely those who get offended by its more well known relation, Mr w**ker.

In order to avoid offensive words, we could, of course, also make reference to “beating the meat”, which should avoid Grandma Max’s censorious program.

I suspect that this exchange of views will lead to a plea in the Collab Zone to lock this thread and protect more sensitive souls from this incredibly disgraceful and offensive behaviour.

Bless........

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:53

urgh...

I suppose the people who would get offended are precisely those who get offended by its more well known relation, Mr w**ker.

In order to avoid offensive words, we could, of course, also make reference to “beating the meat”, which should avoid Grandma Max’s censorious program.

I suspect that this exchange of views will lead to a plea in the Collab Zone to lock this thread and protect more sensitive souls from this incredibly disgraceful and offensive behaviour.

Bless........

ok, thanks.
Such a variety of vocabulary expressions  for this particular activity... LOL

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 01:56

urgh...

Bless........

ok, thanks.

Wait until I start a thread which discusses the numerous words we could use to adequately describe the act of two persons of the opposite sex rubbing themselves together in the act gloriously originated by the Good Lord to enable animal and human kind to procreate LOL

-------------

Posted By: DamoXt7942
Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 02:07

ok, thanks.
Wait until I start a thread which discusses the numerous words we could use to adequately describe the act of two persons of the opposite sex rubbing themselves together in the act gloriously originated by the Good Lord to enable animal and human kind to procreate LOL
Likewise for me, don't know native slangs.

And discussion here is quite educational for me. LOL

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/damoxt7942" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 04:48
Re Lazland:
The laws you mention may seem draconian when applied to young people, but the goal here is to stop the spreading. Young people may not be as likely to get severely ill (yet sometimes they do), but they can still be spreaders that eventually bring the germs to those that are old or have pre-existing conditions.

I wish the US was more strict. Here in rural suburban yahoo land life for many goes on as if nothing is happening at all. I ride my bike by high school football games with young men all in each other's face and people in the stands all next to each other yelling and talking without any precautions. Meanwhile, the US remains the most disease ridden country in the western world.

I have emphysema, my doctor has warned me to be very careful, so I am, but because of all those who act as if nothing is going on at all, I just have to keep away from everybody. I have already had a very close call in that someone who was at my home ended up getting the covid a few days later, that was a very close call for me.The person who almost got me ill is a young man, probably late 20s or early 30s. He is very ill right now, he will rpobably survive, but he came very close to spreading to someone like me who may not survive.

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 05:32
We're talking to the same mentality that put Trump in office. It's nice to call them selfish idiots but it will not change how they view the virus, until they see a loved one fall ill or actually die from covid. *And perhaps not even then.

* edit.

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 05:44
I also think that is worth pointing out that the US at is the beginning of the predicted second wave of covid with deaths now officially over 220,000, and surging cases in over 40 states. I can understand citizens of other countries that have the virus under control resenting mask wearing, and the totalitarian state edicts that go along with it. My views only pertains to those in the US.

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 09:22

...than dying from this lurgy.
Hi,

I have to ask Neddie Seagoon about that ... I'm sure he would let us know the odds are better than someone walking across the river on crocodiles!

Btw ... what time is it? ... I got it here written on a piece of paper! Seems to be the mentality of the t___ers you guys are talking about!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 09:34

Re Lazland:
The laws you mention may seem draconian when applied to young people, but the goal here is to stop the spreading. Young people may not be as likely to get severely ill (yet sometimes they do), but they can still be spreaders that eventually bring the germs to those that are old or have pre-existing conditions.

I am fully aware of the purpose of the laws. They will never stop the spread of a virus, only suppress it a bit until such time as there is either a cure (which nobody believes will happen) or a vaccine which provides for sufficient herd immunity, which is also not a shoo-in by any stretch of the imagination.

The only effective way to stop the spread, rather than suppress it, is a full and total lockdown for an extended period and an effective localised testing and tracing system, a la China.

The first is not particularly desirable, and Western nations, especially yours and mine, seem incapable of putting the latter into effect.

I know that I am in a minority when it comes to the deadlines of this virus, but I am by no means a lone voice.

BTW, turning to Steve G’s comments, I would rather insert a 10 foot pole up my anus than vote for Trumpalot. As I have said many times before, it is perfectly possible to have rational and intelligent arguments between opposing views without descending into “redneck” territory.

I have been consistent throughout in my view that the measures put in place by my country and others will lead in the mid and long term to a damned sight more damage, including deaths, than this virus ever could. In historical terms, this pandemic is exceptionally mild.

People are more than welcome to disagree with me, and I respect those views as much as I expect respect for mine. That is what debating forums are for.

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 09:48

Re Lazland:

I am fully aware of the purpose of the laws. They will never stop the spread of a virus, only suppress it a bit until such time as there is either a cure (which nobody believes will happen) or a vaccine which provides for sufficient herd immunity, which is also not a shoo-in by any stretch of the imagination.

The only effective way to stop the spread, rather than suppress it, is a full and total lockdown for an extended period and an effective localised testing and tracing system, a la China.

The first is not particularly desirable, and Western nations, especially yours and mine, seem incapable of putting the latter into effect.

I know that I am in a minority when it comes to the deadlines of this virus, but I am by no means a lone voice.

BTW, turning to Steve G’s comments, I would rather insert a 10 foot pole up my anus than vote for Trumpalot. As I have said many times before, it is perfectly possible to have rational and intelligent arguments between opposing views without descending into “redneck” territory.

I have been consistent throughout in my view that the measures put in place by my country and others will lead in the mid and long term to a damned sight more damage, including deaths, than this virus ever could. In historical terms, this pandemic is exceptionally mild.

People are more than welcome to disagree with me, and I respect those views as much as I expect respect for mine. That is what debating forums are for.
I'm more measured on this issue Steve, but what is "redneck" territory?

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 09:51

Re Lazland:

To quote you, Steve, the same mentality that put Trump in office.

I do, of course, offer fulsome apologies to any rednecks who might visit this forum, and took offence at my comments.

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 10:11

Re Lazland:

To quote you, Steve, the same mentality that put Trump in office.

I do, of course, offer fulsome apologies to any rednecks who might visit this forum, and took offence at my comments.
Got ya. I thought you might have meant some geographical location, as that is a real thing in the US. Yes, most of the anti mask wearers in the US don't protest for lack of freedoms but to make a political statement, in other words, pro Trump, and anti science, as if that's a new scourge on humanity. And a few actually do resent the government mandate, which I actually do understand.

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2020 at 10:53
Re Lazland (again): Yes, suppress, that is the goal. Prolonged lockdown is not an option. Rampant poverty and social unrest would be worse than Covid.

Yes, the media loves to dramatize and exaggerate this, it doesn't help. My doctor told me about a woman who was in tears because she had to leave the house for a doctor's visit. In the bookstore the other day I saw a magazine called 'Covid' How obsessed would someone have to be to get a subscription to such nonsense.

As Steve pointed out earlier, my concerns are about the US citizens I have to deal with. We are mostly a more spoiled and pampered lot than Europeans and it is really showing now.
How hard is it to just wear a mask and maintain some distance, my goodness, you would think these people were being put through some real hardship, and yes, its the trumpateers that are the worst offenders. Our hollywood sourced 'president', has been a disaster on this and a very destructive influence. This is a big part of why we are one of the most diseased countries in the world right now. From my personal perspective, I have known quite a few that have gotten this, its not pleasant at all.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk