Printed Date: April 29 2024 at 05:18
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Do you smoke cigarettes?
Posted By: ulver982
Subject: Do you smoke cigarettes?
Date Posted: October 05 2005 at 23:19
Any smokers in here?  Just curious!

-------------
Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius.

Silence is the music of the future.

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 00:02

yes;

camel

seriously

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 00:14

yep.  sure do. 

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Posted By: felixxx
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 02:42
Ofcourse who wants to live forever

Posted By: Suki
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 03:03
LOL. People here are smoking drugs as well..

loverboy, I smoke Camel as well. Best.

Posted By: Trotsky
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 03:11
No, quit 12 years ago, after 2 years of smoking ... I liked it but it's not worth the price ..

-------------
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."

Posted By: Pablo_P
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 06:04

Well, I smoke only ocassionally...

sometimes cigarettes, sometimes pipe tobacco...

-------------
Pablo P.

Posted By: Phil
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 11:53
Not any more but as an ex-smoker I try to avoid being a pain in the arse about it!

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 12:10

Smoked Marlboros since I was 14 and just quit after 25 years of smoking.It's been over a month since I quit and I have to say it is one of the hardest things I have ever done.

I should buy stock in Lifesavers,I have went through so many packs of them since quitting.

-------------

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 13:20

No, never -- by the time I was old enough to consider starting, I knew enough about it that to have started would have been very dumb.

I guess I had enough will power and self-esteem to resist any peer pressure, though most of my friends as a teen were non-smokers too.

My older brother (same upbringing) was a smoker until a couple of years ago, and he was always more of an athlete than I. Most of his friends smoked too.Ermm

Sadly, this habit has not declined as it should have among new generations of teens.Confused

To the smokers: why did you start? (Seriously, I don't mean to be smug or condescending, I just want to know.)

-------------
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 13:39
Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

No, never -- by the time I was old enough to consider starting, I knew enough about it that to have started would have been very dumb.

I guess I had enough will power and self-esteem to resist any peer pressure, though most of my friends as a teen were non-smokers too.

My older brother (same upbringing) was a smoker until a couple of years ago, and he was always more of an athlete than I. Most of his friends smoked too.Ermm

Sadly, this habit has not declined as it should have among new generations of teens.Confused

To the smokers: why did you start? (Seriously, I don't mean to be smug or condescending, I just want to know.)

Honestly Peter,I started for the stupidest reason there is.Because all my friends were doing it.

-------------

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 13:55
no...I've got far too many albums on my wants list to be able to afford to take up any other hobbies

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Posted By: GoldenSpiral
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 14:00
only when i'm really drunk.
and only then when offered. 

cigarettes will destroy my beautiful singing voice.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/altaic" rel="nofollow - http://www.myspace.com/altaic
ALTAIC

"Oceans Down You'll Lie"
coming soon

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 14:26
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Honestly Peter,I started for the stupidest reason there is.Because all my friends were doing it.

SmileThanks Progto! -- As you may know, I teach in a college, and I'm sure that more than half of our young students smoke. Sometimes that saddens me.

The young ladies often say they smoke to "stay thin." I find that sad, too. No one seems to think they'll live past 30.Disapprove

Part of my role is to advise people re lifestyle issues, so I asked out of both professional and personal curiosity.

-------------
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Posted By: goose
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 14:53
Never smoked in my life. Err, cigarettes, that is.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 17:17

Nope.

And i dont plan to start anytime soon.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: memowakeman
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 17:20
NO ... I DONT LIKE THE SENSATION...

-------------

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman

Posted By: Ofur
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 17:28
You fools, you're wasting your hard earned money on cd's when you could be smoking cigarettes. What a shame.Cry

Posted By: bluetailfly
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 17:45
No, I use a bong.

-------------
"The red polygon's only desire / is to get to the blue triangle."

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 17:59

I did it for all of the health benefits that come with breathing in fire.  I heard that second hand smoke kills more people than first hand smoke, so I took the healthier approach. 

Really though, I enjoy it.  It gives me much pleasure and the way I see it, somethings going to kill me sooner or later.  And yes I know that smoking will probably make it sooner rather than later, but in 100 years it won't matter, because I will be just as dead either way.

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Posted By: The Miracle
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 19:41

Nope.

And i dont plan to start at all

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/ocellatedgod" rel="nofollow - last.fm

Posted By: Pr@gmatic
Date Posted: October 06 2005 at 23:54
Originally posted by The Miracle The Miracle wrote:

Nope.

And i dont plan to start at all

Same thing here.

Date Posted: October 07 2005 at 06:17
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

I did it for all of the health benefits that come with breathing in fire.  I heard that second hand smoke kills more people than first hand smoke, so I took the healthier approach. 

Really though, I enjoy it.  It gives me much pleasure and the way I see it, somethings going to kill me sooner or later.  And yes I know that smoking will probably make it sooner rather than later, but in 100 years it won't matter, because I will be just as dead either way.

Indeed. What's the point in living until 100 without being able to do anything..

Bah.. I started smoking less due to money.. I'd rather spend it on CDs.. Though so, today I finished my pack and it's Friday.. so today night I'll spend more money on cigs, damn..
When you go buying a pack you don't really realize how much you've spent, until you start calculating and think how many IMPORTANT things you could've bought with this money..

And it is indeed a problem when all your friends smoke.. Once someone pulls out a cig, everyone joins him
lol, it's funny..
you see me and my friends, about 10+ people, one opens a cig and you see a whole bunch also pulling out cigs, haha.. it's funny to observe this

Posted By: TURK182!
Date Posted: October 07 2005 at 08:47
Yes, I'm a smoker since I'm 15. Now I'm 28 and I begin to think to quit but it' not done!!!

-------------
"A Flower!!!"
"If you go down to Willow farm, you look for Butterflies..."

Posted By: yargh
Date Posted: October 07 2005 at 10:22

I quit cold turkey three months ago after 10 years and have not had one since.  I still keep a pack in my car and in my briefcase, though, to keep me mentally strong. Some say this is tempting fate, but I like giving the Nicotine God the finger. 

I hear that you haven't "really" quit until you don't smoke for at least six months, though, so I consider myself "quitting" rather than having fully quit.  

Date Posted: October 07 2005 at 14:21
Originally posted by TURK182! TURK182! wrote:

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>Yes, I'm a smoker since I'm 15. Now I'm 28 and I begin to think to quit but it' not done!!!

You wouldn't be able to quit. In order to quit smoking, you need will power. If you only began to think about quitting and still haven't made up your mind, then I doubt you really want to quit. If you force yourself to quit without really wanting to, then (and I hope I'm wrong) you won't be 'strong' enough to quit to the fullest.
If you want my advice - stop thinking about quitting. When you'll really feel you want to quit smoking, then no 'thinking' will be needed, only blind determination.
Then again, I personally haven't tried to quit smoking, but this is as I see it.

yargh, I don't see why it is temping fate. If you're (god forbid) about to brake then buying a pack or having it in your car won't change anything.
I must say I like the idea though. Very clever.

Posted By: Wolf Spider
Date Posted: October 07 2005 at 14:28
I hate two things: TOOL and smoking

-------------
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/tomash33 - Last.fm

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: October 07 2005 at 15:35
Not any more - smoked 20 a day (at least) for 20 years, quit 6 years ago. Mind you, the way things are going at work just now I'm tempted to start again...

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: Rapataz
Date Posted: October 08 2005 at 05:11

<<---non-smoker

at least no pure tobacco

-------------
www.myspace.com/rasayanaband

Posted By: Rochacrimson
Date Posted: October 10 2005 at 05:30

I smoke Rothmans cigarettes!

What kind of cigarettes smoke Pink Floyd,Genesis,Camel,king Crimson,Yes ,Elp,Gentle Giant, VDGG and J.Tull?

Rothmans since 1890

-------------
Pedro Rocha

Posted By: Throgh
Date Posted: October 10 2005 at 05:56
I've been smoking since 1980 for 20yrs 30 cigarettes/day and I've finished at all . It was a hard experience.

-------------
don't worry
be happy

Posted By: Bj-1
Date Posted: October 10 2005 at 08:19
I smoke only on party's. And that is usually only 3-4.

-------------
RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
http://www.last.fm/music/Exerior" rel="nofollow - EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!

Posted By: ShaunoNoNo
Date Posted: October 11 2005 at 17:27
No, not cigarettes. Although a hell of a lot of my peers do it, I managed to stay away.

-------------

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 07:47
'Fraid so -

++ahem++

Try to keep down to 8/9 a day during the week - when I'm with friends or at a pub, though...

++cough++

Rolling your own is con

++COUGH, COUGH++ dearie me...

considerably cheap

++HAAAAAACKKKK!++ whoops, I'll wipe that up later

cheaper, by the way, but overall, I dont th, th, th

++AHHHAHHHAHHCCCCCKKKKKKKK, COUOUOUOUOUGH!!!!!++ ooooooh..... NURSE, I just blew a kidney out me bum, again!

think it's done me any ha ha ha

++HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!++ Oh God, kill me now

harm.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seriously, though, taking up smoking is the stupidest decision I ever made, especially as I did it at the relatively late age of 25.

I've nothing but respect for those fellow addicts who manage to kick the habit into touch - I've seen friends go through giving up, so I know what to expect whan I eventually take that decision.

Now, how stupid is this - I'm typing this in my lunch-hour at work, which is coming to an end.... I've got about 10 minutes left.... any guesses what I'm about to do?

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Rochacrimson
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 08:23
But when i play my guitar and listen progressive rock,I smoke definetivelly Camel,excellent blend since 1913

-------------
Pedro Rocha

Posted By: Philrod
Date Posted: October 13 2005 at 23:01
Absolutely not!

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Philrod/?chartstyle=Geldropdown-small">

Posted By: Pr@gmatic
Date Posted: October 13 2005 at 23:16
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

'Fraid so -

++ahem++

Try to keep down to 8/9 a day during the week - when I'm with friends or at a pub, though...

++cough++

Rolling your own is con

++COUGH, COUGH++ dearie me...

considerably cheap

cheaper, by the way, but overall, I dont th, th, th

++AHHHAHHHAHHCCCCCKKKKKKKK, COUOUOUOUOUGH!!!!!++ ooooooh..... NURSE, I just blew a kidney out me bum, again!

think it's done me any ha ha ha

++HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!++ Oh God, kill me now

Posted By: Crafter
Date Posted: October 16 2005 at 18:20
I am allergic to the tabacco, so I don't smoke at all.

-------------
Uh ? Oh, I see :D

Posted By: barbs
Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 05:53

Gave up 13 years ago. I knew I would never be able to seriously encourage my children not to smoke if I was doing it. I started when I was travelling to school on the bus. Most of the other kids (I was 12) smoked and it used to look quite funny as the bus drove up the road full of smoke. It looked like it was on fire. My mum used to smell smoke on my school jacket but I would tell her it was from the others smoking. I was definitely hooked in my early teens and smoked for some time after that until 1992. I gave up when I got divorced and gained custody of my two children.

-------------
Eternity

Posted By: Tristan Mulders
Date Posted: October 17 2005 at 10:40
no

-------------
Interested in my reviews?
You can find them http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=784 - HERE

"...He will search until He's found a Way to take the Days..."

Posted By: proger
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 08:05
no. maybe 1 in a half year

-------------
...live for tomorrow...

Posted By: Manunkind
Date Posted: October 19 2005 at 13:44

Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

I do hope your choice of colour here is strictly coincidental...

-------------
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun

Posted By: Peace Frog
Date Posted: November 07 2005 at 15:48

No way, I don't smoke.

"Smokers are jokers!!" -Rodd and Todd Flanders from the Simpsons.

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Posted By: Xymphony
Date Posted: November 07 2005 at 15:55
Sometimes i smoke Drum or Captain Black. But really occasionally.

Posted By: The Prognaut
Date Posted: November 08 2005 at 13:28

Yes I do

-------------
break the circle

reset my head

wake the sleepwalker

and i'll wake the dead

Posted By: sleeper
Date Posted: November 09 2005 at 09:00
No and im not likelly to, when i die itll be on my terms

-------------
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Date Posted: November 09 2005 at 15:28
Why do people even smoke cigarettes? Its a frikin waste, it doesn't even alter your state of mind like psychedelic drugs do. so its completely pointless. there is not one good reason to smoke cigarettes, unless you like blowin smoke and lookin cool.

Date Posted: November 09 2005 at 15:32
But still I dont agree with the people who say "no, or else ill die.." lolllll. reading that kind of garbage always puts a smile on my face. Hek, youll die someday, can be tomorrow, can be in 50 years. If you dont smoke but yet dont eat healthily or laze on your butt all day... you wont even HAVE to worry about gettin killed by cigarettes... There are so many causes of death, but yet we blame cigarettes first.

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: November 10 2005 at 00:44

Originally posted by stebo32 stebo32 wrote:

But still I dont agree with the people who say "no, or else ill die.." lolllll. reading that kind of garbage always puts a smile on my face. Hek, youll die someday, can be tomorrow, can be in 50 years. If you dont smoke but yet dont eat healthily or laze on your butt all day... you wont even HAVE to worry about gettin killed by cigarettes... There are so many causes of death, but yet we blame cigarettes first.

I disagree, I smoke a lot even when I'm in a quit process (10 a day after two packages for 2 decades), but  something must be clear cigarettes kill!!!!!

I eat healthy food low in cholesterol, I need more excercize, don't drink (almost) so my primary health risk is smoking.

My grandfather was a smoker and died of enphisema, my father was a smoker and he can barely walk beacuse of the emphysema, I know cigarettes will kill me if I don't quit first, probably I'll last many years as my granfather and father, but the life quality with a lung disease is terrible.

So be honest, smoking kills!!!!!!!

Iván

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk