Print Page | Close Window

Albums you dislike with one song you do

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
Forum Description: Make or seek recommendations and discuss specific prog albums
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=127460
Printed Date: May 20 2024 at 03:00
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Albums you dislike with one song you do
Posted By: Awesoreno
Subject: Albums you dislike with one song you do
Date Posted: October 05 2021 at 23:36
This thread is sort of the opposite of the "good albums with one bad song" thread. Though I specifically avoided using objective language in the title so we skip the arguments about how it's all inherently subjective (it is). In any case, I'm posting this mostly out of curiosity. I wonder if these answers will make me more or less upset than the aforementioned thread, since I adore many of those "least favorite" tracks on great albums from that one haha. I can't think of a good example for my personal tastes quite yet. Maybe it will come to me later.

I think you get the gist. If you like one track at least a decent amount from an album filled with other tracks that failed to stimulate (maybe even bore) you, discuss it here.

Replies:
Posted By: Frenetic Zetetic
Date Posted: October 06 2021 at 00:22
More Fool Me is all that keeps SEBT from being a perfect prog record for me. 

Instant skip and mood killer.

-------------

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: October 06 2021 at 02:53
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

I think you misread the title of the topic. This is not that other topic.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: October 06 2021 at 02:58
One album that comes to mind for me is The Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night, the one great track being "Frankenstein":

It even has cowbell on it!!

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: October 06 2021 at 03:35
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

I think you misread the title of the topic. This is not that other topic.

Yeah, he means the other way round e.g. if you loved More Fool Me and hated the rest of SEBTP (there's probably someone).

Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Date Posted: October 06 2021 at 05:17
King Crimson's Red album and the classic song "Starless", which saves the album from being a 2-star dud.

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: October 06 2021 at 07:26
One that springs to mind is the dreaded ELP  Love Bitch album - Canario is a good track.

Posted By: Cristi
Date Posted: October 06 2021 at 07:43
ELP - In the Hot Seat - it's got a re-worked version of Pictures at an Exhibition

Posted By: Awesoreno
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 01:34
^Kind of a work-around, but I suppose that counts haha.

Posted By: Mirakaze
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 03:08
The only controversial one I can think of is Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother which quite frankly bores the heck out of me except for "Summer '68" which I find kind of cute.
Other examples include:
- Camel - Dust And Dreams: "Hopeless Anger"
- David Bowie - Tonight: "Loving The Alien"
- Electric Light Orchestra - Discovery: "Don't Bring Me Down"
- Frank Zappa - Zappa In New York: "The Black Page"
- Mr. Bungle - The Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny: "Hypocrites"
- Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero: "Another Version Of The Truth"
- Rush - Roll The Bones: "Where's My Thing?"
- Steve Hackett - Till We Have Faces: "The Rio Connection"
- The Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue: "Don't Answer Me"
- The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet: "The Whip Hand"
- Yes - Talk: "Silent Spring"
- Zamla Mammaz Manna - Schlagerns Mystik: "Ödet"

-------------
https://mirasnelder.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - Freelance composer, accepting commissions | https://mirasnelder.bandcamp.com/album/altered-acuity" rel="nofollow - New album!

Posted By: SuperMetro
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 05:07
I do not really care for Meddle that much, the tracks are pretty good, but it is sort of like Genesis's Trespass how most the stuff is very soft acoustic stuff with the exception of their legendary last tracks. Meddle has Echoes, which is probably my favorite Pink Floyd song and maybe even side long piece along with King Crimson's Lizard and ELP's Tarkus. Not saying that the other songs are bad, they certainly are not. I like Side One as well, just that the tracks do not interest me as much. One of these days I might really enjoy Meddle's first side as much as the masterpiece of Echoes.

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 06:43
Dream Theater's The Astonishing had one good song. Don't remember which one, but the rest of the record wasn't my thing.

Posted By: SuperMetro
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 07:55
I am sorry with this other unpopular opinion, but...

A Visit to Newport Hospital - Egg. I found that one to be excellent, while the other songs not so much. Contrasong was decent, Boilk reminded me too much of Revolution 9, and Long Piece made me a little bored due to the lack of concept. If Long Piece #3 had a concept, then I would like it better. It is like calling you cafe "Dream Cafe", good cuisine, but a terrible name that would tell you not to go there. That is exactly what Long Piece #3 is. 

Posted By: ProfPanglos
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 07:55
Jethro Tull's later albums all fit this description for me, or close to it, anyway.

Stormwatch was pretty much the last album I enjoyed in its entirety.  After that one, I just felt like Ian Anderson had lost his mojo for songwriting (and also quickly began losing his vocal ability).

"A" had Black Sunday, but I can live without the rest of that album.

"Broadsword" was a little better, but not by much - maybe 3 or 4 tracks I liked.

"Under Wraps" has about 3 tracks I enjoy as well, the rest was dross.

"Crest Of A Knave" - same.  Again, maybe 2 or 3 tracks that I could get into.

"Rock Island" was a dud, with "The Whalers Dues" being the only track that had any worth to me.

"Catfish Rising" was a bit of an exception for me - several tracks on that one were pretty good in my opinion, notably "Roll Yer Own," "Rocks On The Road," "Thinking Round Corners," "Like A Tall Thin Girl," and "Gold-Tipped Boots..." were all tracks I thought were pretty good, solid Tull material.

"Roots To Branches" was dismal and boring, with "Beside Myself" being the only song I found even marginally interesting.

"Dot Com" - another dud.  Barre's main riff in "Hunt By Numbers" is high-level, but even then it's not enough to save the song, and the rest of the album is a joke.

(It pains me to express these views, as I am a HUGE JT fan.  I've seen them 11 times in concert over the decades.  As far as I'm concerned, their output from "Benefit" through "Songs From The Wood" is absolutely stellar, and rivals the best any of their prog-band peers were putting out.)

-------------
DIGNITAS - FIRMITAS - GRAVITAS - COMITAS - LIBERTAS

Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 08:26
^ Roots to Branches is one of my favorites from Jethro Tull. Tongue

Posted By: ProfPanglos
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 08:52
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

^ Roots to Branches is one of my favorites from Jethro Tull. Tongue

I'm truly glad you enjoy it!  I saw them on the tour for Roots to Branches at the Rosengarten Mozartsaal in Mannheim.  I've tried so hard to like that album.  I even gave it a fresh listening about a month or so ago.  I still just don't hear what you hear, LOL.  

-------------
DIGNITAS - FIRMITAS - GRAVITAS - COMITAS - LIBERTAS

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 14:21
Echolyn - Mei - "Mei"

...Only kidding....
The album Máscaras Urbanas by Rael doesn't really grab me. However, the track Momo is pretty good and it really stands out from the rest of the songs.

-------------
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: October 07 2021 at 16:04
U2 - "All That You Can't Leave Behind".  It's not just the album but I can't stand U2, period.  Except for "Beautiful Day", which to me is so good I can't believe U2 wrote and performed it.

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 05:47

ELP - In the Hot Seat - it's got a re-worked version of Pictures at an Exhibition

Hand of Truth is also good but the rest is indeed crappola of the lowest order.

Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 05:49
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

U2 - "All That You Can't Leave Behind".  It's not just the album but I can't stand U2, period.  Except for "Beautiful Day", which to me is so good I can't believe U2 wrote and performed it.

there are probably a load of U2 albums that might qualify for this thread but the obvious one for me is Joshua Tree and Without Or Without You. An absolute classic beauty of a song but the rest I could not care less about.

Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 05:50
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

to me it's Zooropa, the only listenable song is Stay (Faraway So Close). 

Posted By: JD
Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 06:30
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

The only song I can stand is "Not Now John".

-------------
Thank you for supporting independently produced music

Posted By: Heart of the Matter
Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 07:22
The Who - Eminence Front stands out in It's Hard

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 07:31
Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

The Who - Eminence Front stands out in It's Hard

The first cassette I ever bought for myself was It's Hard. I think that would be the popular opinion, I know my friend thought that, but for me its "I've Known No War". I truly enjoy that album.

I can think of many albums where one track stands out for me, and some where I really like one track and the rest is so-so, but I can't think of one where I dislike every song but one. I'm sure there are some.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXcp9fYc6K4IKuxIZkenfvukL_Y8VBqzK" rel="nofollow - Various music I am very into: a youtube playlist with two tracks per act

Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 08:29
Genesis - We Can't Dance. It's no album of mine and the only song that has a hold on my heart is the 10=minute-long closing track: Fading Lights

Posted By: TCat
Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 10:26
The Who - "Who Are You" album is rather boring except for the title track.
Starcastle - "Reel to Real" The only great track is "When the Sun Shines at Midnight".  The rest of that album is a poor attempt to become radio-friendly.
Zebra - "3.V"  This one actually had two pretty decent tracks while the rest of it was awful..."Time" and "About to Make the Time".

-------------
https://ibb.co/8x0xjR0" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Rednight
Date Posted: October 08 2021 at 10:44
The one that easily comes to mind is Uriah Heep's High and Mighty with only the John Wetton-warbled One Way or Another standing out. Read an interview where even Ken Hensley denounced the album as a misfire.

-------------
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno

Date Posted: October 09 2021 at 03:03
Renaissance - Bonjour Swansong. The best song by far on the disappointing Camera Camera album and if I'm wrong then there are Faeries living at the bottom of the garden. Smile

Date Posted: October 09 2021 at 03:12
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

The one that easily comes to mind is Uriah Heep's High and Mighty with only the John Wetton-warbled One Way or Another standing out. Read an interview where even Ken Hensley denounced the album as a misfire.

not a bad album IMO.

Did he denounce Conquest? That would have made sense. LOL

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: October 09 2021 at 08:13

not a band album IMO.

A band album as opposed to a solo album? Wink

Date Posted: October 09 2021 at 08:20
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

not a band album IMO.

A band album as opposed to a solo album? Wink

no, Conquest, the album Uriah Heep released in 1980, the one with John Sloman on vocals. It is IMO one of UH weakest efforts and the last UH album with Hensley. 

I was trying to make a joke anyway...

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: October 09 2021 at 09:53

^this

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: October 09 2021 at 09:56
Originally posted by ProfPanglos ProfPanglos wrote:

Jethro Tull's later albums all fit this description for me, or close to it, anyway.

Stormwatch was pretty much the last album I enjoyed in its entirety.  After that one, I just felt like Ian Anderson had lost his mojo for songwriting (and also quickly began losing his vocal ability).

"A" had Black Sunday, but I can live without the rest of that album.

"Broadsword" was a little better, but not by much - maybe 3 or 4 tracks I liked.

"Under Wraps" has about 3 tracks I enjoy as well, the rest was dross.

"Crest Of A Knave" - same.  Again, maybe 2 or 3 tracks that I could get into.

"Rock Island" was a dud, with "The Whalers Dues" being the only track that had any worth to me.

"Catfish Rising" was a bit of an exception for me - several tracks on that one were pretty good in my opinion, notably "Roll Yer Own," "Rocks On The Road," "Thinking Round Corners," "Like A Tall Thin Girl," and "Gold-Tipped Boots..." were all tracks I thought were pretty good, solid Tull material.

"Roots To Branches" was dismal and boring, with "Beside Myself" being the only song I found even marginally interesting.

"Dot Com" - another dud.  Barre's main riff in "Hunt By Numbers" is high-level, but even then it's not enough to save the song, and the rest of the album is a joke.

(It pains me to express these views, as I am a HUGE JT fan.  I've seen them 11 times in concert over the decades.  As far as I'm concerned, their output from "Benefit" through "Songs From The Wood" is absolutely stellar, and rivals the best any of their prog-band peers were putting out.)

I have to agree with you....I'm a fan of Tull and most of the lp's after Stormwatch are mediocre with at most 1 or 2 good tracks and the rest mediocre songs. Broadsword and Crest did fair a bit better.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Magog2112
Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 06:56
Genesis - Calling All Stations: "The Dividing Line" and "One Man's Fool"
Marillion - Anorankophobia: "This Is the 21st Century"
Marillion - FEAR: "The Leavers"
Marillion - Marillion.com: "Go!" and "Tumble Down the Years"
Pendragon - Kowtow: "Kowtow"
Rush - Presto: "The Pass"

Posted By: Octopus II
Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 07:15
Jethro Tull - Under Wraps #2 from the Under Wraps album.

Posted By: Saperlipopette!
Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 07:58
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

- Zamla Mammaz Manna - Schlagerns Mystik: "Ödet"
Indeed. So great and the rest so awful.

Here's the ones I can think of:

Alphataurus - La Mente Vola (Alphataurus)
Mia - Cornonstipicum (Cornonstipicum)
Magma - Eliphas Levi (Merci)
New Trolls Atomic System - La Nuova Predica Di Padre O'Brien (N.T. Atomic System)
Mother Superior - No Time Toulouse Lautrec (Mother Superior)
ELP - Take a Pebble (ELP)
Mandalaband - The Eye of the Vendor (The Eye of the Vendor)
Eider Stellaire - Fferyllit (Eider Stellaire II)
Captain Beefheart - This Is The Day (Unconditionally Guaranteed)
Captain Beefheart - Observatory Crest (Bluejeans & Moonbeams )

-------------

Posted By: Dapper~Blueberries
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 10:33
Not gonna lie I did not like the recent Riverside album of ID.Entity. Felt too safe for the band, and it kinda makes me wish they would just try to stray more away from metal to other territories. HOWEVER, I'm Done With You is probably the band's best track since anything off of Time Machine, and I think can rival Lost and Hyperactive as my favorite Riverside songs.

-------------
D~B

Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 10:51
King Crimson's Lizard album, where the only song I like is Prince Rupert Awakes, mainly because it features Jon Christian Anderson. Smile

Posted By: TenYearsAfter
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 11:05
Yes with TFTO, I only like the first track, because it features Rick Wakeman who seems lost the other 3 tracks.

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 11:31
My major example for this kind of thing is Amon Düül II's Only Human, which is underwhelming overall but has Kismet, which is one of the big tracks of my life really.

There may be more, let me think.

Posted By: Big Sky
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 12:58
3: To the Power of Three - Desde la Vida. Rest of the album is pretty much forgettable. Like the band.

Genesis: We Can't Dance - Driving the Last Spike. I don't think Fading Lights is particularly good. The rest of the album is s#%t.

GTR: The two solo tracks, Sketches in the Sun and Hackett to Bits are pretty good. The rest of the album has not aged well at all. To be honest, it was not that good to begin with.

Posted By: Steve Wyzard
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 15:14
This was harder than I thought at first, as it required me to remember some music I really don't ever want to hear again! Here are the only decent songs on some albums I really don't like:

Moody Blues - Octave: "Had to Fall in Love".
Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte: "Star of Sirius"
John Wetton - Arkangel: "Emma"
Styx - Crystal Ball: "This Old Man"
E.L.P. - Tarkus: "Tarkus"
Tony Banks - Still: "Still it takes me by surprise"
Led Zeppelin - Coda: "Ozone Baby"
Led Zeppelin - debut: "Black Mountain Side"
Marillion - Fugazi: "Assassing"

Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 17:20
Camel - Stationery Traveller ''Cloak and Dagger Man''. Purchased it on the basis of that track but can't listen to the rest it's so dull.
Emerson, Lake and Powell - s/t ''Mars, The Bringer of War'' The rest is so entirely pointless it beggars belief that 3 such talented guys could put out this nonsense.
Greg Lake -s/t ''It Hurts'' Classic AOR ballad with a fantastic Gary Moore solo. The rest is desperately uninspiring inc Nuclear Attack which was written by Moore and done better by him as a solo artist.
Tangerine Dream - Melrose ''Three Bikes In The sky'' . Horrible plastic synth album but the guitar duelling on this track is just splendid.
Kate Bush - The Red Shoes '' Moments Of Pleasure''. Pretty dull stuff from KB but there is one gem at least.
Genesis - Trespass ''The Knife'' . If I hide this one near the bottom no one will notice! I don't hate the album but it never gets off the ground until that last track. They were still playing it as an encore 10 years later and long after they had stopped playing anything else from the album.
The Beatles - Revolver ''Tomorrow Never Knows'' I know I'm on dodgy ground with this one but the last track is so ground breaking that it makes the rest seem like total filler.

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 17:23
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

King Crimson's Red album and the classic song "Starless", which saves the album from being a 2-star dud.

Thanks, I've long felt the same way but kept my yap shut on PA!!  Clap

-------------
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!

Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 17:25
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

The Beatles - Revolver ''Tomorrow Never Knows'' I know I'm on dodgy ground with this one but the last track is so ground breaking that it makes the rest seem like total filler.
In 1966 the rest of the album was still fresh and even quite groundbreaking, and for me personally it has aged very well, but I agree on TNK as outstanding track. 

Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 17:27
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

In 1966 the rest of the album was still fresh and even quite groundbreaking, and for me personally it has aged very well, but I agree on TNK as outstanding track. 

I prefer Rubber Soul personally. Revolver feels a bit stuck in the middle.

Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 17:29
By the way look no further than at my avatar image. This is the cover of Holger Czukay's "Der Osten ist rot" album, which has the truly out of this world track "Traeum mal wieder" but is otherwise an uneven collection of bits and pieces that wasn't intended to and can't be taken very seriously (I don't really dislike it but rank it quite low overall in Holger's catalogue, even though the cover is better than many of his other ones Wink). 

Posted By: Big Sky
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 21:32

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

I prefer Rubber Soul personally. Revolver feels a bit stuck in the middle.

Richardh,

If you are on dodgy ground with Revolver, I probably would be labeled a heretic in that with the Beatles, I am quite ambivalent. Pretty much anything I like by the Beatles can be found on two albums, Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper's. I respect them and acknowledge their influence. But, I much prefer Paul McCartney and Wings.

Posted By: ThyroidGlands
Date Posted: March 15 2024 at 21:47
I hope no one gets offended by this; 'V' by Spock's Beard seems like a soporific album to me, but Thoughts (Part II) is outstanding

-------------
Bloody bloody racket and rumpus

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 02:40
King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black - The Night Watch
Rush - Roll the Bones - Where's My Thing?
Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans - The Ancient

-------------

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 08:02
Hi,

Can't really say that there is an album in my collection that I got for one piece, and not the whole work ... people are people, and sometimes, it feels like we're judging the cover by the green underwear! Or mauve!

It's about the totality of the work, that the artist put together, not one piece outside of the rest of the wardrobe, I never thought! 

It's just strange to see that kind of discussion all around ... again, as I stated before, it's not about the art of it all ... it's about everyone's taste instead ... we don't respect the artists.

Gee, why don't you all post Prufrock and the Wasteland, for its beauty and also massive amounts of letters and words wasted, that supposedly make it a better, and more flowing piece! Obviously, none of the albums listed here make the idea possible because of one piece!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: March 16 2024 at 09:17
Starless - the only song I like from King Crimson's Red album.

Posted By: Dapper~Blueberries
Date Posted: April 01 2024 at 09:19
Cendre off of You Know Faust

-------------
D~B

Posted By: Deadwing
Date Posted: April 01 2024 at 09:26
This is harder than I thought lol

I'll go with Porcupine Tree - Radioactive Toy from their first album, because it's the only really great track from it, although others are enjoyable (but most is kinda ridiculous lol). Maybe also Pineapple Thief - Variations on a Dream, which Part Zero is easily the standout track there as well.

As for Genesis, Rush, Pink Floyd, etc, can't really think of a single album that has one track a lot better than the rest of the album.

Posted By: kenethlevine
Date Posted: April 01 2024 at 21:53
The one that comes to mind straight away is Triumph's first, with "Blinding Light Show" being a great track.

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: April 02 2024 at 01:30
Yes: Open Your Eyes... the title track is a bit of fun, the rest is dross.

I'll be honest, it's not a concept I really come across with proper prog. Back in the day, I remember feeling this way about a number of weak AOR albums, where the opening or title track will have stood out above the mediocre rest... but it's too far back for me to dig through my memory banks and frankly would be irrelevant for this forum. 

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Posted By: Frets N Worries
Date Posted: April 02 2024 at 09:02
Always thought Subterranea wasn't great (an album I need to re-visit), but Tunnel Vision was fantastic 

-------------
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...

Posted By: Archisorcerus
Date Posted: April 02 2024 at 10:02
I love Pink Floyd's song High Hopes off their album The Division Bell, whose rest brought yawny tears to my eyes.

-------------

Date Posted: April 02 2024 at 10:39
Sticking with The Floyd, The Final Cut is an atrocity, however, Not Now John is a fun number, that's a good one. 

-------------
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Posted By: Cambus741
Date Posted: April 02 2024 at 15:39
IQ - Subterranea is a very dull album, but Sleepless Incidental is a great track

Posted By: Gnik Nosmirc
Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 06:18
The Eagles - Hotel California. I only like New Kid in Town.

Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 06:23
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

I love Pink Floyd's song High Hopes off their album The Division Bell, whose rest brought yawny tears to my eyes.
Agree with this one.

Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 08:30
The only reason I have The Eagle's- One of These Nights on CD, is for the instrumental track Journey of the Sorcerer, which of course became famous due to a particular cult radio/TV comedy.

Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 08:32
I have an album on CD by a band called Mastermind, which is pretty dull, but I hang on to it as one of the bonus tracks is an excellent cover version of The Endless Enigma 

Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 12:59
Not a Huge Fan of 'Invisible Touch', but Domino is amazing

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 13:02
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

True, Land Of Confusion is also good. Smile

Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 22:56

Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

True, Land Of Confusion is also good. Smile

The Brazilian is decent as well.

For me Domino worked best as a live track as did Home By The Sea (both parts) as well as the later Fading Lights. Not sure about all the eighties style synth drums on Domino which sound better on the The Way We Walk 'The Longs'. You can seriously annoy the neighbours with that one.

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: April 03 2024 at 23:36
Mine would be "Tormato" by Yes...."Future Times" is the only song I REALLY like, although "Whale" in concert was much better than the studio version!  

Don't Kill the Whale! 

-------------
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!

Date Posted: April 04 2024 at 02:37
Sounds That Can't Be Made is a pretty poor album, apart from Gaza, which is an excellent track 

Date Posted: April 04 2024 at 02:41
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

Sounds That Can't Be Made is a pretty poor album, apart from Gaza, which is an excellent track 

I disagree, if I had a complaint about this album is that one of the songs drags a bit for too long (Montreal), other than that, solid album. 

Posted By: essexboyinwales
Date Posted: April 07 2024 at 09:29
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

Now now now then, what’s all this?!! STCBM is the best of Marillion’s most recent albums, with several great tracks - Gaza, the title track, Power and The Sky Above The Rain. The rest is OK, although Montreal does meander slightly….

OK, as you were!😃

-------------
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell

Posted By: Hugh Manatee
Date Posted: April 07 2024 at 20:25
Thick as a Brick

-------------
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas

Date Posted: April 07 2024 at 23:43
Amarok

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: April 08 2024 at 01:45
Caravan - The Battle of Hastings is far from a masterpiece IMO but I really love one song on it. And that is "This Time".

-------------
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk