Print Page | Close Window

Best album of the 21st century

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
Forum Description: Make or seek recommendations and discuss specific prog albums
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=127509
Printed Date: July 27 2024 at 00:56
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best album of the 21st century
Posted By: Argentinfonico
Subject: Best album of the 21st century
Date Posted: October 11 2021 at 19:58
These days I've been wondering what could be the most excellent creation of progressive rock (and all its derivatives) since the first day of 2001. I thought of works like From Silence To Somewhere, Visions, Lateralus, De-Loused in the Comatorium... But I can't really decide on any of them. I would like to know which one you consider :)

Replies:
Posted By: TheEliteExtremophile
Date Posted: October 11 2021 at 20:54
This is an incredibly tough choice, but a short list off the top of my head would include Frances the Mute, Parallax II, Terminal Redux, and Doomsday Afternoon. I'm positive there are plenty of others I'm not thinking of, but those are my initial gut instinct.

-------------
https://theeliteextremophile.com" rel="nofollow - Check my reviews of recent prog releases!

Date Posted: October 11 2021 at 21:21
How could I forget Doomsday Afternoon! Great choices.

Posted By: BrufordFreak
Date Posted: October 11 2021 at 21:58
Shiny-Eyed Babies by Bent Knee.

-------------
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

Posted By: Sacro_Porgo
Date Posted: October 11 2021 at 22:11
I'm not well versed in 21st century prog (though imo the 21st century does being with the year 2000, which potentially qualifies a few more great albums). However, I must mention one of my all time favorite albums by anyone: Muse's The Resistance. While not strictly prog on every cut (especially the first quarter), it does contain some of Muse's proggiest works ever: United States Of Eurasia, Unnatural Selection, I Belong To You, and especially Exogenesis Symphony.

-------------
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)

Posted By: Necrotica
Date Posted: October 11 2021 at 22:39
Originally posted by TheEliteExtremophile TheEliteExtremophile wrote:

This is an incredibly tough choice, but a short list off the top of my head would include Frances the Mute, Parallax II, Terminal Redux, and Doomsday Afternoon. I'm positive there are plenty of others I'm not thinking of, but those are my initial gut instinct.

Nice to see Vektor on your list... all three of their albums are absolutely fantastic! Doomsday Afternoon is another great choice too.

Here are the ones that I'd throw into the ring:

Vektor - Terminal Redux
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Hiromi - Alive (if the more jazz fusion side of prog may be added here)
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts 
Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe
Between the Buried and Me - Colors
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet 

It's so hard to pick the best out of all those, but if I had to, I'd go with The Fall of Hearts. Beautiful melancholic prog in the vein of Porcupine Tree, but even more atmospheric and dense. 

-------------
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 00:31
Three albums qualify for me. In chronological order:

Maudlin of the Well - Part the Second
Echolyn - s/t
Big Big Train - English Electric (Part One)

-------------

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 04:50
Vezhlivy Otkaz - Gusi-Lebedi
Pikapika Teart - Moonberry
Guapo - 5 Suns
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Of Natural
Cheer-Accident - Fear Draws Misfortune
Miriodor - Avanti
Alec K Redfearn and the Eyesores - Sister Death

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 05:09
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=126537" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=126537

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 06:37
The Whirlwind - Transatlantic

Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 07:48
I would second Part the Second, Frances the Mute, De-loused in the Comatorium, and Fear of a Blank Planet and add Riverside's Second Life Syndrome and Sylvan's Posthumous Silence.

-------------
Drew Fisher

Posted By: essexboyinwales
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 09:38
The Road Of Bones
The Human Equation
Empath
Weather Systems
Blomljud

That's for starters.  And all would sit above the whole PA top 20 for me.....

Posted By: Earl of Mar
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 10:21
English Electric part 1 (Full Power is even better)
Transatlantic SMPT
Wobbler FSTS.
Magenta seven.

Posted By: ProfPanglos
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 10:38
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

I cannot thank you enough for posting this.

I had never heard of this band, and the band name and album title was just odd enough that it piqued my curiosity, so I looked up this album on bandcamp, and gave it a listen.

More accurately, I listened to the first 3 tracks, stopped, purchased the album, and then started over and listened to it uninterrupted from start to finish.  I was so utterly impressed that I (and I don't even remember the last time I did this) immediately started from the beginning again and listened to it in its entirety a second time.  Had some insomnia around 4am, and went ahead and listened to the whole thing a 3rd time, which brought on tears and goosebumps before it ended.

I'm absolutely stunned.  Probably the most enjoyable and inventive set of music I have heard in yes, 21 years.  I'll happily cast my vote for this album.  Again, thank you!

(And they're coming to Austin in a week, so I'll definitely be going to see them in concert!)

Glad to see Doomsday Afternoon is so well-respected, and also liked the Riverside suggestion, though I personally like Love, Fear and the Time Machine better.

-------------
DIGNITAS - FIRMITAS - GRAVITAS - COMITAS - LIBERTAS

Posted By: ProfPanglos
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 10:41
Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

The Road Of Bones
The Human Equation
Empath
Weather Systems
Blomljud

That's for starters.  And all would sit above the whole PA top 20 for me.....

I'm with you on The Human Equation and Blomljud - top-notch albums!

-------------
DIGNITAS - FIRMITAS - GRAVITAS - COMITAS - LIBERTAS

Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 15:31
Originally posted by ProfPanglos ProfPanglos wrote:

I had never heard of this band, and the band name and album title was just odd enough that it piqued my curiosity, so I looked up this album on bandcamp, and gave it a listen.

More accurately, I listened to the first 3 tracks, stopped, purchased the album, and then started over and listened to it uninterrupted from start to finish.  I was so utterly impressed that I (and I don't even remember the last time I did this) immediately started from the beginning again and listened to it in its entirety a second time.  Had some insomnia around 4am, and went ahead and listened to the whole thing a 3rd time, which brought on tears and goosebumps before it ended.

I'm absolutely stunned.  Probably the most enjoyable and inventive set of music I have heard in yes, 21 years.  I'll happily cast my vote for this album.  Again, thank you!

(And they're coming to Austin in a week, so I'll definitely be going to see them in concert!)

Glad to see Doomsday Afternoon is so well-respected, and also liked the Riverside suggestion, though I personally like Love, Fear and the Time Machine better.

You're more than welcome! Isn't that why ProgArchives exists? To spread the news about all great music, not just the 1960s and 1970s?

I'm still haunted by two missed chances to see Bent Knee in concert back in 2016 (once with Thank You Scientist and District 97!) 

Tonight I'm going to see another amazing envelope-pushing band from the last few years: black midi are playing just down the road from me in Milwaukee! I am so stoked!

-------------
Drew Fisher

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 17:36
There are a lot of great albums but generally I stick with Weather Systems - Anathema as it grabs me emotionally. However these are all equally great to me in their own special way:

Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (how is this not getting any mentions?!!)
Headspace - Now That All You Fear Has Gone (unusually overlooked brilliant band ft Damien Wilson and Oliver Wakeman)
Kansas - Elsewhere to Nowhere (best classic band comeback ever imo)
King Crimson - Power To Believe (second best classic band comeback ever lol)
It Bites - The Tall Ships (John Mitchell please take a bow)
All Traps On Earth - A Drop Of Light (redefining Symph and RIO)
Far Corner - Risk (best keys based album of the 21st century)
Tool - Lateralus (new prog metal)
IQ - Frequency (more powerful version of this important Neo band as Andy Edwards takes the drum stool for a one off 'gig')
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing (Gavin Harrison rules)
Big Big Train - Folklore (just brilliant writing and playing will do thanks)
Tangerine Dream - Purgatorio (so annoyingly overlooked , TD plus classical singers , it works it really does!)

I also have to make a final mention for the 2014 album by Tin Spirits - Scorch. I am gobsmacked this gets so little attention. Quite fantastic band featuring Big Big Train's Dave Gregory . This never leaves my i-pod. Just give the 15 minute track Garden State a listen . A hidden gem if ever there was.

Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 19:00

You're more than welcome! Isn't that why ProgArchives exists? To spread the news about all great music, not just the 1960s and 1970s?

I'm still haunted by two missed chances to see Bent Knee in concert back in 2016 (once with Thank You Scientist and District 97!) 

Tonight I'm going to see another amazing envelope-pushing band from the last few years: black midi are playing just down the road from me in Milwaukee! I am so stoked!

Love Bent Knee, going to see them for probably the 15th time this November. I discovered Black Midi early this year and quickly bought everything. Will see them Monday, stoked.

-------------
Ian

Posted By: kenethlevine
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 19:59
There are so many I can't even finish this list right now:

Asia Minor - Points of Libration
Eris Pluvia - Third Eye Light
Midlake - "The Courage of Others" and "Trials of Van Occupanther"
Corde Oblique - "A Hail of Bitter Almonds" and "Volonta D'Arte
Phideaux - "Doomsday Afternoon" or "Snowtorch"
Sangre de Muerdago - almost anything by them
Nordagust-In the Mist of Morning
Hallas-Conundrum
Poor Genetic Material - "Winter's Edge"  "Spring", and "A Day in June"
Strawbs - Settlement
Faveravola - Contea Del Cento Castagni
Osiris - Take a Closer Look
Outer Limits - Stromatolite
Pendragon - Believe
Satellite - "Evening Games" and "Street Between.."
Believe - "Yesterday is a Friend" and "Seven Widows"
Albion - "Broken Hopes"
Arion - s/t
Il Castello di Atlante - "Tra le Antiche Mura"
Clepsydra - Alone
Decemberists - "Crane Wife", "Picaresque", "King is Dead"
Dice - "Dice in Space" and "Withijn vs Without Next Part"
Jump = "Beachcomber", "Black Pilgrim" and "Over the Top"
Kaos Moon - "After the Storm"
EliphasZ - La Royaume des Poussieres
Nick Magnus - pretty much anything by him
Nightwish - "Endless Forms most Beautiful", "Imaginaerum" and "Human II"

Posted By: Tapfret
Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 20:22
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

...Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe...

That's actually a 20th century album. Even if we are considering 2000 to be the new century, it was released in Japan in '99. Great album though and would likely make my list too if it met criteria.

Just a few that I would put at the top.

1. Exivious - S/T
2. Neblenest - Nova Express
3. Squintaloo - Über Bord
4. Mimedyr - Mínym
5. Keor - Petrichor

-------------
https://www.last.fm/user/Tapfret" rel="nofollow">
https://bandcamp.com/tapfret" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp

Date Posted: October 12 2021 at 20:26
Since a lot of people are sharing multiple albums I'll punch in a couple more I like a lot, thought they're probably cliche:

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Dream Theatre - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence... and A Dramatic Turn Of Events... okay and Distance Over Time
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Styx - The Mission
Björk - Medula (perhaps not exactly rock, but certainly very progressive)
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (is this more psychedelic than progressive?)

And you know what, I find Coldplay's Viva La Vida Or Death And All Of His Friends very prog friendly, though also very pop.

-------------
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)

Date Posted: October 13 2021 at 06:34
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

How could I not have mentioned these 3?......

I also have to throw in the first 2 Cellar Darling albums, if you like progressive hurdy-gurdy metalBig smile

Date Posted: October 13 2021 at 08:14

I also have to throw in the first 2 Cellar Darling albums, if you like progressive hurdy-gurdy metalBig smile

That phrase instantly sent me off to explore. Big smile

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: October 13 2021 at 08:48
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

That phrase instantly sent me off to explore. Big smile

Enjoy, they're a wonderful band fronted by ex-Eluveitie singer/Hurdy-Gurdy player Anna Murphy, who also plays flute. Brilliant live too😎

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: October 13 2021 at 10:40
Swans' trilogy starting from The Seer and Art Zoyd's Metropolis and Phase V are truly mighty; I a Moon by North Sea Radio Orchestra is probably the most beautiful and charming album, and Blackstar is most moving. These are the first that come to my mind.

Posted By: Mirakaze
Date Posted: October 13 2021 at 13:50
For my money, it's got to be one of these:
- Dani Lee Pearce - Petrichor
- Mats/Morgan Band - Live
- Rascal Reporters - Redux, Vol. 1

-------------
https://mirasnelder.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - Freelance composer, accepting commissions | https://mirasnelder.bandcamp.com/album/altered-acuity" rel="nofollow - New album!

Date Posted: October 14 2021 at 00:34
Originally posted by Sacro_Porgo Sacro_Porgo wrote:

And you know what, I find Coldplay's Viva La Vida Or Death And All Of His Friends very prog friendly, though also very pop.

My Nephew played one of their albums to me not long ago and I was pleasantly surprised how good the keyboards were. 'Sophisticated pop' perhaps?

in that regards I would chuck Elbow into the mix as well.

Posted By: miamiscot
Date Posted: October 14 2021 at 09:05
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever
Neal Morse Band - The Similitude Of A Dream
Wobbler - From Silence To Somewhere
Big Big Train - Folklore
The Tangent - Proxy
JPL - Sapiens Chapitre 1
The Flower Kings - The Sum Of No Evil
Kaipa - In The Wake Of Evolution

-------------
The Prog Corner

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: October 14 2021 at 10:09
Hard to choose for me...like all of these equally.....

Spocks beard -V
Porcupine Tree-Lightbulb Sun, 
 In Absentia
Wobbler- Silence..
IQ- Frequency, 
Road of Bones

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: October 14 2021 at 12:52
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

My Nephew played one of their albums to me not long ago and I was pleasantly surprised how good the keyboards were. 'Sophisticated pop' perhaps?

in that regards I would chuck Elbow into the mix as well.

Coldplay will always be ragged on for being uncool, prone to excessive dreariness, and then far too radio friendly... but to my ears that's four very discerning musicians who craft emotionally resonant material on every album. Viva La Vida is my favorite, because they really pushed themselves to play in odd times, add and take away different instruments, stretch out song structures, and write with a wider range of perspectives.

Also I forgot to mention The Tangent. A Spark In The Aether is something I keep coming back to.

-------------

Posted By: omphaloskepsis
Date Posted: October 14 2021 at 17:49

Since a lot of people are sharing multiple albums I'll punch in a couple more I like a lot, thought they're probably cliche:

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Dream Theatre - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence... and A Dramatic Turn Of Events

You read my mind. I deleted those I'm not crazy about. And I'll add

IQ- The Road of Bones
Wobbler- From Silence to Somewhere
Big Big Train - Folklore

Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Date Posted: October 15 2021 at 00:41
It's hard to pick an overall favourite,, but it could be any of these 5-star Rick Wakeman albums. Thumbs Up

5 stars 2003: Out There -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1Lu4u9ia3dmybR8-wrmo8Psl" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 2005: The Ultimate Rick Wakeman Experience -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LsMaOR1wq5YIIPtxBsHpXos" rel="nofollow -  5 stars 2005: Made in Cuba -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvBJxpsC0TS5M5hjGwDQ77s" rel="nofollow -
 5 stars 2009: The Six Wives of Henry VIII: Live at Hampton Court Palace -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvLMJHWVmnKUdWjAdkGtnh" rel="nofollow -  2012: Journey to the Centre of the Earth -   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LsBSxmCn5NIcIgf-jA0AGwS" rel="nofollow -  2016: The Myths & Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvB1GvJ8s7xBNrPveo47iDE" rel="nofollow -  2017: Live at Starmus -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvH5AfvS6GFOLkOVVY25idE" rel="nofollow -  2017: The Phantom of the Opera -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1Lt8uOgwGQazOgvPCEZ5fHIi" rel="nofollow -  2020: The Red Planet -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LuUSUV1U09AU0OS93V4Hsc3" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: October 15 2021 at 02:02
^ I don't get the love for Red Planet (what happened to flamboyant Rick?) but I do like Out There a lot although not enough to make my list. The Hampton Court DVD is probably my favourite DVD of this century although Yes - Symphonic and Steven Wilson - Get All You Deserve are well up there as well.

Posted By: PhideauxFan
Date Posted: October 16 2021 at 03:56
Some categories for me:

-"Classic" progressive rock: Phideaux - Doomsday Afternoon.

-Alternative/progressive metal/rock: Karnivool - Sound Awake.

-Progressive rock/metal: Porcupine Tree - In Absentia.

-Atmospheric progressive rock: Gazpacho - Night.

-Progressive metal/rock opera: Ayreon - The Theory Of Everything.

"To be continued". Wink

Posted By: Mascodagama
Date Posted: October 16 2021 at 08:52
I'm not good at this kind of thing, but as of now contenders for me would include:

Aquaserge - A L'Amitié
Ghost Rhythms - Madeleine
Guapo - Five Suns
Oteme - Il Giardino Disincantato
Todd Sickafoose - Tiny Resistors
John Zorn - Baphomet

-------------
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
http://bandcamp.com/jpillbox" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp Profile

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: October 16 2021 at 10:15
I don't feel that I am qualified to answer.

I really don't know, nor would I be at all confident in suggesting one or several or many. For me to even consider it, not only would it have to be competent but it would have to be very original/ innovative. Prog, and its derivatives, is such a huge umbrella and even in this two decade period I haven't heard most that has been released.   Most of my favourite albums released in the period are not Prog (though may be related somehow) and liking something might make it best for you, but not best objectively (if there is such a thing -- I'm reminded of Platonic ideals). I don't even have a subjective best, let alone a best as writ large in the stars.

-------------
Two Tracks Per Many of My Fave Acts: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXcp9fYc6K4IKuxIZkenfvukL_Y8VBqzK" rel="nofollow - A Youtube Playlist

Date Posted: October 17 2021 at 07:02
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I don't feel that I am qualified to answer.

I really don't know, nor would I be at all confident in suggesting one or several or many. For me to even consider it, not only would it have to be competent but it would have to be very original/ innovative. Prog, and its derivatives, is such a huge umbrella and even in this two decade period I haven't heard most that has been released.   Most of my favourite albums released in the period are not Prog (though may be related somehow) and liking something might make it best for you, but not best objectively (if there is such a thing -- I'm reminded of Platonic ideals). I don't even have a subjective best, let alone a best as writ large in the stars.

Surely you jest, Brave Knight! Be so kind as to throw a log or two onto our fire: add some kind of flesh to spit and roast slowly so the reste of us can drool whilst respectfully trying to restrain ourselves from entering the fray!  

-------------
Drew Fisher

Date Posted: October 17 2021 at 07:52
^ Sometimes the best, "the most excellent", to borrow the words as writ in the original post, answer is "I don't know." That is sincere and is consistent with my epistemology as I commonly have expressed it. And I'd sooner throw a body or two on that fire than share my log with thee. There may be a most excellent one (depending on criteria), but I don't know what it is and don't know that I would be capable of discerning it had I heard it. If there is, I suspect that I have not yet heard it.

For some favourites of mine (if they count):

David Bowie - Blackstar
Aranis - II
Guapo - Black Oni
Swans -The Seer and To Be Kind
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Robert Wyatt - Cuckooland
Bjork - Vespertine
Univers Zero - Clivages
Magma - Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré

I love Kosmischer Läufer, say the third album, but would not call it best. Mentioning best (most excellent) though is something I genuinely don't feel qualified nor comfortable to do, and I would hope that people at PA could respect that. Even when it comes to people asking for recommendations, my suggestions rarely hit the mark enough to get any comment in return, so I feel all the more useless in determining what is best.

Incidentally, had Boredoms' Vision Creation Newsun come out a couple of years later, then I might have answered with that.

-------------
Two Tracks Per Many of My Fave Acts: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXcp9fYc6K4IKuxIZkenfvukL_Y8VBqzK" rel="nofollow - A Youtube Playlist

Date Posted: October 17 2021 at 08:04
I can't even choose Rick Wakeman's best album of the 21st century, so to choose a best album overall is a virtually  impossible task. The best I can manage is a favourite album year by year:-

2000: Roger Waters - In the Flesh: Live
2001: Yes - Magnification
2002: Mike Oldfield - Tr3s Lunas
2003: Rick Wakeman - Out There
2004: Jon Lord - Beyond the Notes
2005: Kate Bush - Aerial
2006: David Gilmour - On an Island
2007: Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
2008: Renaissance - Dreams and Omens
2009: The Enid - Arise and Shine
2010: Roger Waters - The Wall
2011: Kate Bush - 50 Words for Snow
2012: Jon Lord - Concerto for Group & Orchestra
2013: Robert John Godfrey (The Enid) - The Art of Melody
2014: Strawbs - Prognostic
2015: David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock
2016: Rick Wakeman - Myths and Legends 
2017: Mike Oldfield - Return to Ommadawn
2018: Renaissance - A Symphonic Journey
2019: Curved Air - The Curved Air Family Album
2020: Brian Auger - Introspection
2021: Peter Frampton - Frampton Forgets the Words

Date Posted: October 17 2021 at 08:12
You seriously need to listen to some modern bands

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: October 17 2021 at 08:14

For some favourites of mine (if they count):

David Bowie - Blackstar
Aranis - II
Guapo - Black Oni
Swans -The Seer and To Be Kind
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Bjork - Vespertine
Univers Zero - Clivages
Magma - Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré

Cracking list

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 02:43

You seriously need to listen to some modern bands

to most prog fans that's any band that started after the 1980's LOL

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 05:41
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

2000: Roger Waters - 78
2001: Yes - Jon Anderson 76
2002: Mike Oldfield - 68
2003: Rick Wakeman - 72
2004: Jon Lord - would have been 80
2005: Kate Bush 63
2006: David Gilmour - 75
2007: Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Page 77
2008: Renaissance - Annie Haslam 74
2009: The Enid - Robert John Godfrey 74
2010: Roger Waters - 78
2011: Kate Bush - 63
2012: Jon Lord - would have been 80
2013: Robert John Godfrey 74
2014: Strawbs - Dave Cousins 76
2015: David Gilmour - 75
2016: Rick Wakeman - 72
2017: Mike Oldfield - 68
2018: Renaissance - Annie Haslam 74
2019: Curved Air - Sonia Kristina 72
2020: Brian Auger - 82
2021: Peter Frampton - 71

Apparently you need to be over 70 to make music Psycho appreciates.

-------------
Ian

Posted By: Grumpyprogfan
Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 06:30
^The over 70 years old remark applies to most on this site. Just look at forum topics and the PA top 100.

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 06:37

2000: Roger Waters - In the Flesh: Live
2001: Yes - Magnification
2002: Mike Oldfield - Tr3s Lunas
2003: Rick Wakeman - Out There
2004: Jon Lord - Beyond the Notes
2005: Kate Bush - Aerial
2006: David Gilmour - On an Island
2007: Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
2008: Renaissance - Dreams and Omens
2009: The Enid - Arise and Shine
2010: Roger Waters - The Wall
2011: Kate Bush - 50 Words for Snow
2012: Jon Lord - Concerto for Group & Orchestra
2013: Robert John Godfrey (The Enid) - The Art of Melody
2014: Strawbs - Prognostic
2015: David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock
2016: Rick Wakeman - Myths and Legends 
2017: Mike Oldfield - Return to Ommadawn
2018: Renaissance - A Symphonic Journey
2019: Curved Air - The Curved Air Family Album
2020: Brian Auger - Introspection
2021: Peter Frampton - Frampton Forgets the Words

I have said that I'm generally not interested in new music from old artists, whereas this seems to be the only new music Paul likes. And Paul has said that he dislikes albums such as Pawn Hearts. It would then seem that Paul and I are the antithesis of each other.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 06:38
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

^The over 70 years old remark applies to most on this site. Just look at forum topics and the PA top 100.

Oh I agree, and I'm fine with that for the site in general, the site is dominated by old guys who love the classics, I'm one of them. 

But this poll was about Best Albums in the last 20 years. To not have a single entry by anyone younger than 62 and the bulk in the 70's is pretty damning. 

I'm just gently ribbing Psycho. I'm frankly amazed that he didn't just list 20 Mostly Autumn albums. WinkLOL

-------------
Ian

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 07:01
According to last.fm, mine would be something like this -
  • Susanne Sundfor - Music For People In Trouble
  • Courtney Swain - Between Blood and Ocean
  • Balloon Astronomy - s/t
  • Abel Ganz - The Life of the Honey Bee...
  • Transatlantic - The Absolute Universe
  • Shineback - Dial
  • Thank You Scientist - Terraformer
  • Frost - Day and Age
  • Tinyfish - The Big Red Spark
  • Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow

Sounds about right but there might be others when I can remember them. If I was forced to pick one, it could well be Susanne Sundfor.

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 07:23
Not doing best, but two I forgot to mention that I have been listening to quite a lot of late is William D. Drake's Briny Hooves (2007) and The Rising of the Lights (2011).

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 07:28

Not doing best, but two I forgot to mention that I have been listening to quite a lot of late is William D. Drake's Briny Hooves (2007) and The Rising of the Lights (2011).

The Rising of the Lights is sublime, probably my favorite of his.

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 09:20

[QUOTE=Grumpyprogfan]
I'm just gently ribbing Psycho. I'm frankly amazed that he didn't just list 20 Mostly Autumn albums. WinkLOL

I think he already did.....

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 11:16

[QUOTE=Grumpyprogfan]

I think he already did.....
I can hardly deny it, and with Mostly Autumn's latest superlative album Graveyard Star just released, that makes 26 5-star albums in a row. Tongue

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 11:24

2000: Roger Waters - 78
2001: Yes - Jon Anderson 76
2002: Mike Oldfield - 68
2003: Rick Wakeman - 72
2004: Jon Lord - would have been 80
2005: Kate Bush 63
2006: David Gilmour - 75
2007: Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Page 77
2008: Renaissance - Annie Haslam 74
2009: The Enid - Robert John Godfrey 74
2010: Roger Waters - 78
2011: Kate Bush - 63
2012: Jon Lord - would have been 80
2013: Robert John Godfrey 74
2014: Strawbs - Dave Cousins 76
2015: David Gilmour - 75
2016: Rick Wakeman - 72
2017: Mike Oldfield - 68
2018: Renaissance - Annie Haslam 74
2019: Curved Air - Sonia Kristina 72
2020: Brian Auger - 82
2021: Peter Frampton - 71

Apparently you need to be over 70 to make music Psycho appreciates.
Seeing as nearly all of what we regard as classic prog first emerged in the 1970's, Kate Bush looks like a relative youngster by comparison with most of the other names on my list. I could put together a new 21st century favourites list, naming only modern bands, but I have to warn you in advance that my list would consist mostly of Mostly Autumn albums, but I think you already knew that anyway. Wink

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 11:35
I was actually quite amazed that only one person on your list was dead. Old Father Time is going to eventually cut off your supply of 'new' music.

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 14:14

I was actually quite amazed that only one person on your list was dead. Old Father Time is going to eventually cut off your supply of 'new' music.

I'll go along with what RichardH said earlier: a "modern" band to me is any band that emerged from the early 1980's onwards, even if the band have been around now for forty years. Smile 

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 15:29

I'll go along with what RichardH said earlier: a "modern" band to me is any band that emerged from the early 1980's onwards, even if the band have been around now for forty years. Smile 

I think to many people, especially those who are either new to prog or aren't that familiar with the genre, will say 70's or newer prog. There are some people that don't fit into that category though and just prefer older stuff like you do. Wink I suppose to the general public modern prog(no matter where you want to draw the lines)doesn't even really exist so to them it's just Pink Floyd and maybe a few other bands(all from the 70's). Tongue

Posted By: Cboi Sandlin
Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 17:06
Undoubtedly "Lateralus" by Tool

Posted By: Cboi Sandlin
Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 17:09
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I think to many people, especially those who are either new to prog or aren't that familiar with the genre, will say 70's or newer prog. There are some people that don't fit into that category though and just prefer older stuff like you do. Wink I suppose to the general public modern prog(no matter where you want to draw the lines)doesn't even really exist so to them it's just Pink Floyd and maybe a few other bands(all from the 70's). Tongue
Mostly because the new bands are very underground and only really get recognition from the prog rock community, while in the 70s prog rock was for the most part very mainstream and prog bands like Pink Floyd and Genesis were topping the charts. Nowadays you have to be listening heavily to prog for a long time to even hear about any of the modern prog bands.

Date Posted: October 18 2021 at 20:54
Thank you all for responding! All the albums I don't know I'm writing them down to listen to them. From this forum you learn more than you can possibly learn :D

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: October 19 2021 at 01:44
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

According to last.fm, mine would be something like this -
  • Susanne Sundfor - Music For People In Trouble
  • Courtney Swain - Between Blood and Ocean
  • Balloon Astronomy - s/t
  • Abel Ganz - The Life of the Honey Bee...
  • Transatlantic - The Absolute Universe
  • Shineback - Dial
  • Thank You Scientist - Terraformer
  • Frost - Day and Age
  • Tinyfish - The Big Red Spark
  • Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow

Sounds about right but there might be others when I can remember them. If I was forced to pick one, it could well be Susanne Sundfor.
Damn I forgot Lifesigns! The debut and Altitude have to be on the list.

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: October 19 2021 at 11:42
There are many good albums but the one best album is Wobbler - From Silence, imho.

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Posted By: Zeph
Date Posted: October 20 2021 at 02:45
I can’t pick one album, but I think it would be something from Steven Wilson, Opeth, Tool or Wobbler. Maybe Riverside could sneak in. The biggest challenge is that I don’t listen as much today to the music I played all the time ten years ago. Today I would be a lot more inclined to pick Wobbler since the haydays of Porcupine Tree, SE solo, Opeth and Tool may be in the past.

I have to say though that there is so much good music made the past 21 years. Prog is by no means dead. Some of it even challenge the best works from the 60-70’s.

Date Posted: October 20 2021 at 04:18
Originally posted by Zeph Zeph wrote:

I have to say though that there is so much good music made the past 21 years. Prog is by no means dead. Some of it even challenge the best works from the 60-70’s.

So true!

Posted By: timothy leary
Date Posted: October 24 2021 at 13:29
Echolyn....Mei

Posted By: David_D
Date Posted: October 28 2021 at 15:57
The highest rated albums (as a sum of all the ratings on RateYourMusic and ProgArchives in april 2019) are:
Tool (US) - Lateralus (2001)
Opeth (S) - Black Water Park (2001)
Porcupine Tree (UK) - In Absentia (2002)
The Mars Volta (US) - De-Loused in the Comatorium (2003)
Mastodon (US) - Crack the Sky (2009)

Only one album from each band is considered, though.

Date Posted: October 29 2021 at 13:03
So, those albums can be considered among the very best in a kind of objective, or more proper intersubjective, way of speaking. 

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: October 29 2021 at 14:17
The best progressive rock album in the 21st century is "Grindstone" by Shining.

Posted By: Shadowyzard
Date Posted: October 29 2021 at 14:22
I really cannot name only one. I even cannot single out one from a specific sub-genre.

Posted By: Magog2112
Date Posted: July 29 2023 at 20:51
Here are some of the best albums of the 21st century in my opinion (as I can't choose only one):

Arena - Contagion
Echolyn - Echolyn
Echolyn - The End Is Beautiful
The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel
Galahad - Empires Never Last
Galahad - Beyond the Realms of Euphoria
Galahad - The Last Great Adventurer
Galahad - Year Zero
IQ - Dark Matter
Kate Bush - Aerial
Marillion - Happiness Is the Road
Marillion - Marbles
Marillion - Sounds That Can't Be Made
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Opeth - Watershed
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Pain of Salvation - Be
Pallas - The Dreams of Men
Pendragon - Not of This World
Pendragon - Believe
Pendragon - Pure
Pendragon - Passion
Pendragon - Men Who Climb Mountains
Pendragon - Love Over Fear
Phideaux - Doomsday Afternoon
Phideaux - Number Seven
Phideaux - Snowtorch
Phideaux - Infernal
Radiohead - In Rainbows

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 02:21

I know Ian already answered that, but PP's case is different, IMHO.
I wouldn't call it blatant ignorance on his part, but a certain form of blindness for sure (or close-mindedness)

Most "old PA gits" here have at least heard tons of new prog from all-over the planet, but PP is not only claustrophobic time-wise, but also xenophobic (nothing that isn't "English"). His list basically features XXIstC third-rate non-essential albums  from 60/70's artistes that are far from their best days, and basically only him would consider plcing them on a best XXIstC list. .

My list will stop at 2016 (I guess I should someday update it, as sufficient insight & hindsigth has occured, since we're in 2023, now), and will concetrate mainly on PA-included artistes. There are tons of Jazz-minded albums I have excluded from this list from 2010 onwards.

13        Globalys          Globalys          Bel       2001   

12        P.G. Six            Parlor Tricks And Porch Favorites     USA     2001 

13        Paatos Timeloss         Swe     2002   

12           Gibbons, Beth & Rustin' Man     Out of Season             Eng      2002

13        Espers     Espers USA     2003   

12        Guapo    Five Suns         Eng      2004   

12        P.G. Six            The Well of Memory USA     2004   

12        Univers Zero   Implosion        Bel       2004   

12        Woven Hand   Blush Music    USA     2004   

12        Alamaailman Vasarat            Kaarmelautakunta     Fin       2003   

12        Baku Llama     Eris      USA     2007   

12          Manogurgeil   Unirytmejae   Fin       2007   

12        Van der Graaf Generator         Trisector         Eng      2008   

12           Wrong Object, The     Stories from the Shed            Bel       2008   

12        Forgas Band Phenomena       L'Axe Du Fou       Fra       2009   

12        Miriodor         Avanti!            Can      2009

13        Setna   Guerison         Fra       2013

12        Anekdoten      Until All the Ghosts are Gone            Swe     2015   

12           Hooffoot         Hooffoot         Swe     2015   

12        Rêve Général  Howl! Var      2015   

12        Scherzoo         03        Fra       2015    Fusion, Zeuhl

12        Vak      Aedividea        Fra       2015   

12        Walker, Ryley Primrose Green          USA     2015   

12        Agusa  Två      Swe     2015   

12        Alco Frisbass   Alco Frisbass   Fra       2015  

12        Gösta Berlings Saga   Sersophane     Swe     2016 

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 04:51
Echolyn - s/t
Big Big Train - English Electric (Part One), Grimspound
Maudlin of the Well - Part the Second
Anekdoten- Until All the Ghosts Are Gone
Nine Stones Close - Leaves
Fish - Weltschmerz

to mention a few.

-------------

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 05:59

In my defense, I've been listening to nothing but modern Neo Prog on my Prog Britannia blog for the last five months, having featured 120 Neo Prog artists and 550+ albums there, so I'm not completely stuck in a 1970's time warp, even if it may seem that way sometimes. Tongue

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 06:04
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I know Ian already answered that, but PP's case is different, IMHO.
I wouldn't call it blatant ignorance on his part, but a certain form of blindness for sure (or close-mindedness)

Most "old PA gits" here have at least heard tons of new prog from all-over the planet, but PP is not only claustrophobic time-wise, but also xenophobic (nothing that isn't "English"). His list basically features XXIstC third-rate non-essential albums  from 60/70's artistes that are far from their best days, and basically only him would consider placing them on a best XXIstC list. .

Nothing that isn't English? What about my Dutch, German, Greek, Swiss and Japanese prog blogs? Wink

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 06:35
Ayreon - The Human Equation

It’s possible I posted in this thread before but can’t be arsed to look back! Pretty sure I’d have picked the same album…

These come close:

IQ - Road Of Bones
Anathema - Weather Systems
Ghost - Prequelle
Ayreon - The Theory Of Everything
Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful
It Bites - Map Of The Past

-------------
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 06:49

In my defense, I've been listening to nothing but modern Neo Prog on my Prog Britannia blog for the last five months, having featured 120 Neo Prog artists and 550+ albums there, so I'm not completely stuck in a 1970's time warp, even if it may seem that way sometimes. Tongue

I'd be interested to see what you consider 'modern' Neo prog. What proportion is post 2000?

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 07:00

Nothing that isn't English? What about my Dutch, German, Greek, Swiss and Japanese prog blogs? Wink

I meant in the list you presented in this thread

I know of your national blogs. Smile

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Posted By: edefakiel
Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 07:25

You should really, really listen to Ben Levin, then. The main creative force behind Bent Knee. 

http://benlevingroup.bandcamp.com/album/freak-machine" rel="nofollow - https://benlevingroup.bandcamp.com/album/freak-machine

http://benlevingroup.bandcamp.com/album/invisible-paradise" rel="nofollow - https://benlevingroup.bandcamp.com/album/invisible-paradise

Freak Machine is without a doubt one of my top albums. 

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 07:44
^ Okay, I'll come up with some international lists for this thread later, but starting closer to home, these are some of my 5-star favourites of British Neo Prog from the 21st century - not including Mostly Autumn. Wink

5 stars 2008: Abel Ganz - Shooting Albatross -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEZponSTA09xnlmNI45uQdK7" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEZponSTA09xnlmNI45uQdK7
 5 stars 2006: Also Eden - About Time -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k9DPta7d5abpyDiZpy14V3hIBfNKrj4bs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k9DPta7d5abpyDiZpy14V3hIBfNKrj4bs
 5 stars 2008: Also Eden - It's Kind of You to Ask -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n0JkGnbdEAsj0UJQENy59m6QekfZrJtZI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n0JkGnbdEAsj0UJQENy59m6QekfZrJtZI
 5 stars 2011: Also Eden - Think of the Children -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_niyKf-WIZdOQG9ev84g1a-KHmnH6wt7PQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_niyKf-WIZdOQG9ev84g1a-KHmnH6wt7PQ
 5 stars 2003: Arena - Contagion -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_myT56-Ask1S37Ko9u6aP6zSon0dun6zEM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_myT56-Ask1S37Ko9u6aP6zSoN0dun6zEM
 5 stars 2022: Arena - The Theory of Molecular Inheritance -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FsG_1yVGmI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FsG_1yVGmI

4 stars 2008: Caamora - She -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIuGkMyO8PM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIuGkMyO8PM
 5 stars 2013: Comedy of Errors - Fanfare & Fantasy -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kMs2Mk1VbdXh1AngcFRSXyKG5i8JoHaEw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kMs2Mk1VbdXh1AngcFRSXyKG5i8JoHaEw
 5 stars 2015: Comedy of Errors - Spirit -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m_G6e-Y6drqGDAKgVknU6_2nkFoEP_aKc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m_G6e-Y6drqGDAKgVknU6_2nkFoEP_aKc  
 5 stars 2017: Comedy of Errors - House of the Mind -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nu8mZt_RwSUEBwOEHvQDF5OjYvd0u9K1k" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nu8mZt_RwSUEBwOEHvQDF5OjYvd0u9K1k
 5 stars 2022: Comedy of Errors - Time Machine -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mYzQhZXQ4m8nNzCiMaigLTJwQCbJAL-rY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mYzQhZXQ4m8nNzCiMaigLTJwQCbJAL-rY
 5 stars 2011: Credo - Against Reason -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEbXktwxslFDvs8hT5RQ6nzj" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEbXktwxslFDvs8hT5RQ6nzj    
 5 stars 2021: Cyan - For King and Country (re-recording)

5 stars 2011: Edison's Children - In the Last Waking Moments -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEb_s6dSYhR2sUilYyHWZW6y" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEb_s6dSYhR2sUilYyHWZW6y
 5 stars 2013: Edison's Children - The Final Breath Before November -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEbKHW9TOC4-Zapi4reVICNF" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEbKHW9TOC4-Zapi4reVICNF
 5 stars 2015: Edison's Children - Somewhere Between Here & There -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEaqe7_4Rwsx_4PT1GclZHts" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEaqe7_4Rwsx_4PT1GclZHts
 5 stars 2019: Edison's Children - The Disturbance Fields -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYHEf24ubCszxUWoKp0qn5e" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYHEf24ubCszxUWoKp0qn5e
 5 stars 2000: Elegant Simplicity - The Story of Our Lives -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_npTdUl204QXm2A1dDzoOo8F8MXyg_IDSg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_npTdUl204QXm2A1dDzoOo8F8MXyg_IDSg
 5 stars 2001: Elegant Simplicity - Palindrome -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lawnpI_P7cXMmGWzwkUEZu8xrvp182Ju0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lawnpI_P7cXMmGWzwkUEZu8xrvp182Ju0
 5 stars 2016: The Emerald Dawn - Visions -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSNZBQJNoy4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSNZBQJNoy4

5 stars 2011: Sean Filkins - War and Peace & Other Short Stories
 5 stars 2003: Final Conflict - Hindsight -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nfvNR8qhm487hLGOohG5wzcwSZK4ug22E" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nfvNR8qhm487hLGOohG5wzcwSZK4ug22E
 5 stars 2006: Final Conflict - Simple -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m9nIzSt8ez2cVCRFZ3W5F3W4YlN_0v2cw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m9nIzSt8ez2cVCRFZ3W5F3W4YlN_0v2cw
 5 stars 2009: Final Conflict - Another Moment in Time: Live in Poland -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kaUJujBiXQ7HQjAtlDHcDwWwhJm7tgBZs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kaUJujBiXQ7HQjAtlDHcDwWwhJm7tgBZs
 5 stars 2012: Final Conflict - Return of the Artisan -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kWJOxSQslPjXixX5AoP-LMExJDHZ_zR1g" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kWJOxSQslPjXixX5AoP-LMExJDHZ_zR1g
 5 stars 2020: Final Conflict - The Rise of the Artisan -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m03Q0HlfMcF2XFqYqkffjJKPqufyDkc88" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m03Q0HlfMcF2XFqYqkffjJKPqufyDkc88

5 stars 2002: Galahad - Year Zero -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nonfej-_QC1QXt7GgE9qbGqQxB1MhJxhc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nonfej-_QC1QXt7GgE9qbGqQxB1MhJxhc
 5 stars 2007: Galahad - Empires Never Last -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lizRZ06AO-krwtJMVgiYaYqjQxMwPVuFU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lizRZ06AO-krwtJMVgiYaYqjQxMwPVuFU
 5 stars 2012: Galahad - Battle Scars -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n0oZA0AtBNhkKhb_ws6xR1wmOlCDnQiQE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n0oZA0AtBNhkKhb_ws6xR1wmOlCDnQiQE
 5 stars 2012: Galahad - Beyond the Realms of Euphoria -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRNXsrOuZ-VmsMVzVmu1hVu3dGhZctbv" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRNXsrOuZ-VmsMVzVmu1hVu3dGhZctbv
 5 stars 2018: Galahad - Seas of Change -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPsgusgtBk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPsgusgtBk
 5 stars 2022: Galahad - The Last Great Adventurer -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lHiNy9aAUgI7gDJslSqlZAqdE8o1cPGWM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lHiNy9aAUgI7gDJslSqlZAqdE8o1cPGWM
 5 stars 2011: Gandalf's Fist - Road to Darkness -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_km3KriKEylCFxHIXbixIqEfc_I2Sec_Nc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_km3KriKEylCFxHIXbixIqEfc_I2Sec_Nc
 5 stars 2011: Gandalf's Fist - Songs from the Solway -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kRMeCI2wHmI8OhFvklBv8qRLSje73fLJQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kRMeCI2wHmI8OhFvklBv8qRLSje73fLJQ
 5 stars 2012: Gandalf's Fist - From a Point of Existence -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lX_Xw6ScGw1Om0LIdACFFd-FxlPDx6OQg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lX_Xw6ScGw1Om0LIdACFFd-FxlPDx6OQg
 5 stars 2013: Gandalf's Fist - A Day in the Life of a Universal Wanderer -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n8lgt-kSPbZJKlRgy8YEQqFhRFShTvJ5o" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n8lgt-kSPbZJKlRgy8YEQqFhRFShTvJ5o
 5 stars 2014: Gandalf's Fist - A Forest of Fay -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mahdEnL-SKeZvUkR5C-3DGd2POl3kTEaA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mahdEnL-SKeZvUkR5C-3DGd2POl3kTEaA
 5 stars 2021: Gandalf's Fist - The (Re)Master and the Monkey -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lGeXMa3-zopFgj9ez6otVPiWckCZ3P29Y" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lGeXMa3-zopFgj9ez6otVPiWckCZ3P29Y
 5 stars 2022: Gandalf's Fist - Widdershins -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nthgARlrxMsPmNvH6Lz2O7-3XguTA-1rc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nthgARlrxMsPmNvH6Lz2O7-3XguTA-1rc
 5 stars 2008: Peter Gee - The Spiritual World -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ljIxCz1CyP1VqZDjFh82tftk0UZEGv5QU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ljIxCz1CyP1VqZDjFh82tftk0UZEGv5QU
 5 stars 2023: Peter Gee - Pilgrim -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nlVEyrFqC659NnsaTyR0lpkU_GwMC1F44" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nlVEyrFqC659NnsaTyR0lpkU_GwMC1F44
 5 stars 2022: Ghost of the Machine - Scissorgames -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lyfddS1ZU-lYFqCPo6BbmV5fRUlW6AsXQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lyfddS1ZU-lYFqCPo6BbmV5fRUlW6AsXQ
 5 stars 2019: Grand Tour - Clocks That Tick (But Never Talk) -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kkTxOJG8BJV01Aod6fTRwNk2BMxnziQ6s" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kkTxOJG8BJV01Aod6fTRwNk2BMxnziQ6s

5 stars 2009: High Spy - Head for the Moon -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nsgbqPKgRYQiXx0XqyrgkCSkjdzlH-6DI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nsgbqPKgRYQiXx0XqyrgkCSkjdzlH-6DI
 5 stars 2012: High Spy - Ignition -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nLAzuEfV4MqpV74UTt9PNIJ4VNpYBcISw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nLAzuEfV4MqpV74UTt9PNIJ4VNpYBcISw
 5 stars 2020: John Holden - Rise and Fall -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nV5xc4liMUADXvUpNk-pzFNjYzkaN4KP0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nV5xc4liMUADXvUpNk-pzFNjYzkaN4KP0

5 stars 2013: The Inner Road - Ascension -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf317MRHUBg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf317MRHUBg
 5 stars 2000: IQ - The Seventh House -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLUWnyys630jZzmjnExS-Eg" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLUWnyys630jZzmjnExS-Eg
 5 stars 2014: IQ - The Road of Bones -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIIAFnD5oW5Fd0pG4xrJ4mS" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIIAFnD5oW5Fd0pG4xrJ4mS
 5 stars 2019: IQ - Resistance -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpL62ziaIk-J_IQDNKqbL_Bi" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpL62ziaIk-J_IQDNKqbL_Bi

5 stars 2001: Jadis - Medium Rare -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n-q6Dpdzl01B4jlU9Iw5_WuRpS0qk-lOY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n-q6Dpdzl01B4jlU9Iw5_WuRpS0qk-lOY
 5 stars 2019: Jadis - Medium Rare II -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lPxI02nwvTjLPhV76cKUT99Jka904WMOo" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lPxI02nwvTjLPhV76cKUT99Jka904WMOo
 5 stars 1999: Janison Edge - The Services of Mary Goode -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB21013D2A0BD780" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB21013D2A0BD780
 5 stars 2007: Iain Jennings' Breathing Space - Coming Up for Air -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m-k1G3-5l988MDK_6ixN0gjIPx7MuQxOw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m-k1G3-5l988MDK_6ixN0gjIPx7MuQxOw
 5 stars 2009: Iain Jennings' Breathing Space - Below the Radar -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m6vrK5GjmkfHcPTiiInSmPPJnu5ruQ8Ow" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m6vrK5GjmkfHcPTiiInSmPPJnu5ruQ8Ow

5 stars 2021: Tony Kaye - End of Innocence -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mCjy2OnDnLX9XloXHOdwVCAZgPohqHFaw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mCjy2OnDnLX9XloXHOdwVCAZgPohqHFaw

5 stars 2006: Landmarq - Turbulence: Live in Poland -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lf7lrLJRiYga26YgCP0qBHnsq9NvYFXgI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lf7lrLJRiYga26YgCP0qBHnsq9NvYFXgI
 5 stars 2012: Landmarq - Entertaining Angels -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nHaykyyBDAGrZT7YpqQ3nSmH2Cf0Mbtlg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nHaykyyBDAGrZT7YpqQ3nSmH2Cf0Mbtlg
 5 stars 2014: Landmarq - Origins -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kbcoFKPQv8m6Xucq09nra5T-kr64QU13I" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kbcoFKPQv8m6Xucq09nra5T-kr64QU13I
 5 stars 2015: Landmarq - RoadSkill: Live in the Netherlands -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mqNo3_WV6EeDJCIai33MuLH9BcXYljyAU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mqNo3_WV6EeDJCIai33MuLH9BcXYljyAU
 5 stars 2009: Legend - Ritual Echo -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lpU8w5vbUxQHJhDQYMwjWamIauGXol3dk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lpU8w5vbUxQHJhDQYMwjWamIauGXol3dk
 5 stars 2010: Legend - Playing with Fire (Live 1992) -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nEi0BGmkqD900owJWCZ3ctV23RvMByeEE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nEi0BGmkqD900owJWCZ3ctV23RvMByeEE
 5 stars 2013: Legend - Spirit -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nanivSNGMEQ4yxZ_hpVjuqR4YUwPr1NRI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nanivSNGMEQ4yxZ_hpVjuqR4YUwPr1NRI
 5 stars 2001: The Lens - A Word in Your Eye -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nEs0csmtUHITQTGYRw_-dYe8ehlYJMRKc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nEs0csmtUHITQTGYRw_-dYe8ehlYJMRKc
 5 stars 2010: The Lens - Regeneration -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_klhyE2UzRkeSQ4Mk8UUyHASp1cnmQVibw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_klhyE2UzRkeSQ4Mk8UUyHASp1cnmQVibw
  2012: Francis Lickerish - Far and Forgot: From the Lost Lands -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kq-pjlZUbHbWHat5VafAgRa4jb9t9rILI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kq-pjlZUbHbWHat5VafAgRa4jb9t9rILI
 5 stars 2013: Lifesigns - Lifesigns -  https://lifesigns1.bandcamp.com/album/lifesigns" rel="nofollow - http://lifesigns1.bandcamp.com/album/lifesigns
 5 stars 2017: Lifesigns - Cardington -  https://lifesigns1.bandcamp.com/album/cardington" rel="nofollow - http://lifesigns1.bandcamp.com/album/cardington

5 stars 2001: Magenta - Revolutions -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIe3T-MrH1EqR942YNj9Pwr" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIe3T-MrH1EqR942YNj9Pwr
 5 stars 2004: Magenta - Seven -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLxo1bk1tN9bv_UvqX5cGn1" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLxo1bk1tN9bv_UvqX5cGn1
 5 stars 2005: Magenta - The Gathering -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKYVLJTEygx4w0ZOsdOm0BT" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKYVLJTEygx4w0ZOsdOm0BT
 5 stars 2006: Magenta - Home -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKS0fMqXsgBwG9NIf68a7mB" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKS0fMqXsgBwG9NIf68a7mB
 5 stars 2006: Magenta - New York Suite -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIL-_2yfmDLTrJ5SzS7P7lM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIL-_2yfmDLTrJ5SzS7P7lM
 5 stars 2007: Magenta - The Singles -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLfgG7xUho7eC82OLo4blf_" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLfgG7xUho7eC82OLo4blf_
 5 stars 2008: Magenta - Metamorphosis -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJDG_UUWBs2xdA7BjpugLLs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJDG_UUWBs2xdA7BjpugLLs
 5 stars 2011: Magenta - Chameleon -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKZhN5CdD2sdwq-1XImhVtM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKZhN5CdD2sdwq-1XImhVtM
 5 stars 2013: Magenta - The Twenty Seven Club -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJfGCKI69tFb4ZSvs7J17VN" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJfGCKI69tFb4ZSvs7J17VN
 5 stars 2015: Magenta - The Singles Complete -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIidnoclOfR-v40Q7Bel5fe" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIidnoclOfR-v40Q7Bel5fe
 5 stars 2017: Magenta - We Are Legend -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLBCN6ASIjRnhyuESyR2k0y" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpLBCN6ASIjRnhyuESyR2k0y
 5 stars 2020: Magenta - Masters of Illusion -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJMP3JjOmOa_3Z0mr4GDeCA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJMP3JjOmOa_3Z0mr4GDeCA
 5 stars 2021: Magenta - Angels and Damned -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpL39WAlVlA67soFkSTlRvgs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpL39WAlVlA67soFkSTlRvgs
 5 stars 2022: Magenta - The White Witch
 5 stars 2010: Marillion - Tumbling Down the Years -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEaBrUixkwNfLezOUEmDxRQa" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEaBrUixkwNfLezOUEmDxRQa
 5 stars 2018: Marillion - All One Tonight: Live at the Royal Albert Hall -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEakZ6mkRJZKBkFhmVLxmYej" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEakZ6mkRJZKBkFhmVLxmYej
 5 stars 2019: Marillion - With Friends from the Orchestra -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYmGh3DybrrqwWegtIEhBjD" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYmGh3DybrrqwWegtIEhBjD
 5 stars 2021: Marillion - With Friends at St. David's -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYisQxexxEup3kw66TB3AB8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEYisQxexxEup3kw66TB3AB8
 5 stars 2021: Mobius - Make the Promise -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mSypwUCKRF1oaWUVq0MbATMjB5kVRbxDA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mSypwUCKRF1oaWUVq0MbATMjB5kVRbxDA
 5 stars 2009: Mr. So & So - Sugarstealer -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nv8lUUe3yMV9AkR4bFZJuMCOuWORNrKFA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nv8lUUe3yMV9AkR4bFZJuMCOuWORNrKFA
 5 stars 2016: Multi-Story - Crimson Stone -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_krlfroWybPqFHStoH-j-Zx0HIyHCZn8OM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_krlfroWybPqFHStoH-j-Zx0HIyHCZn8OM

5 stars 2005: Ian Neal - All in the Golden Afternoon -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lSVBIPU_lD7Jh64WGxxzbwKHdMAzolFBo" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lSVBIPU_lD7Jh64WGxxzbwKHdMAzolFBo
 5 stars 2011: Ian Neal - Out of the Woods -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ktDe8jFDzuPa32U-JJYQxDK4mm8PfmDCQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ktDe8jFDzuPa32U-JJYQxDK4mm8PfmDCQ
 5 stars 2013: Ian Neal - Astro -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ljyo6qm0-4w0DJ84N-cvkjf7WOpHYp8Ao" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ljyo6qm0-4w0DJ84N-cvkjf7WOpHYp8Ao
 5 stars 2022: Ian Neal - Barkston Ash -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k7xtegmuSSznTmGpVgKoz3TfN61oZAgZQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k7xtegmuSSznTmGpVgKoz3TfN61oZAgZQ
 5 stars 2013: Neon Leaves - Cinema Verite -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ngE_4a86Iw-yhH_eJ0ezQrPA9moA_Ci7A" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ngE_4a86Iw-yhH_eJ0ezQrPA9moA_Ci7A
 5 stars 2021: Clive Nolan - Song of the Wildlands -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k2R-u2u1PNlrL02FPK6PNIG7R9k6hB7kk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k2R-u2u1PNlrL02FPK6PNIG7R9k6hB7kk
 5 stars 2002: Clive Nolan & Oliver Wakeman - The Hound of the Baskervilles -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lTHQYyisLyUGXgY9rkU7hxRxL_Lkvc5Q8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lTHQYyisLyUGXgY9rkU7hxRxL_Lkvc5Q8
 5 stars 2021: Clive Nolan & Oliver Wakeman - Dark Fables -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lsfx_N5E_RLQ_5vSgljMp3OgtY1LiyngQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lsfx_N5E_RLQ_5vSgljMp3OgtY1LiyngQ

5 stars 2008: Martin Orford - The Old Road -   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ksA4A-Q-b1CHVURkcc30XFx11G1rmVVm0" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ksA4A-Q-b1CHVURkcc30XFx11G1rmVVm0

5 stars 2003: Pallas - The Blinding Darkness -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJ7Pm0v6kms9sl79yUfbHL9" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJ7Pm0v6kms9sl79yUfbHL9
 5 stars 2005: Pallas - The Dreams of Men -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKOAiRHjfQmqbxzsT8KZtOE" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpKOAiRHjfQmqbxzsT8KZtOE
 5 stars 2019: Pallas - The Edge of Time -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJaD0QSr9lGkp1eKc2ZJDyA" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJaD0QSr9lGkp1eKc2ZJDyA
 5 stars 2001: Pendragon - Not of This World -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXOXF3eG4urP2iz6VQmuE8bmIiB7auiAe" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXOXF3eG4urP2iz6VQmuE8bmIiB7auiAe
 5 stars 2002: Pendragon - Live at Last... and More -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wyzp7tY1bk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wyzp7tY1bk
 5 stars 2007: Pendragon - Past and Presence 
 5 stars 2009: Pendragon - Concerto Maximo -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8aH-aUDLI" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8aH-aUDLI
 5 stars 2012: Pendragon - Out of Order Comes Chaos -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFXrsVDC8Iw_WTNgXw8MWxq-cCtBG90Kk" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFXrsVDC8Iw_WTNgXw8MWxq-cCtBG90Kk
 5 stars 2020: Pendragon - Love Over Fear

2009: Secret Green - To Wake the King -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kohdccMjq6UAMA59szFczMCb6L4YtdbSE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kohdccMjq6UAMA59szFczMCb6L4YtdbSE
 5 stars 2011: Shadowland - Edge of Night -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l0hNhdARvQchQmw7kLf5bafMkk_4Ig9f4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l0hNhdARvQchQmw7kLf5bafMkk_4Ig9f4
 5 stars 2013: Solstice - Prophecy -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIK9Vl8zcoSVb1ipJ8xgaqp" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpIK9Vl8zcoSVb1ipJ8xgaqp

5 stars 2018: Michael Alan Taylor - Avalonia (The Sonnets of Guinevere) -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lXkEL6wWKJh_UyirC6BwLqdd_2IAyJdUs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lXkEL6wWKJh_UyirC6BwLqdd_2IAyJdUs
 5 stars 2017: This Winter Machine - The Man Who Never Was -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY2rDKk0-Mo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY2rDKk0-Mo
 5 stars 2019: This Winter Machine - A Tower of Clocks -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHI7qGLghA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHI7qGLghA
 5 stars 2021: This Winter Machine - Kites -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lQ4uNqICXkjMc4jqERibZM51D8PVvbyPg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lQ4uNqICXkjMc4jqERibZM51D8PVvbyPg
 5 stars 2014: Tiger Moth Tales - Cocoon -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6Yu9u24yg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6Yu9u24yg
 5 stars 2018: Twelfth Night - Sequences -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJ3Ileqhx-rYsG8POjHPs3d" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_TaS3ukydpJ3Ileqhx-rYsG8POjHPs3d

5 stars 2014: Unto Us - The Human Landscape -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kpXLFJcuVdKUalr7akZJnFo75tdtIMgxo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kpXLFJcuVdKUalr7akZJnFo75tdtIMgxo

5 stars 2021: Vienna Circle - Secrets of the Rising Sun -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kJgEXBOwGdf3DPQ_QIgjprp0-1TXedtlc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kJgEXBOwGdf3DPQ_QIgjprp0-1TXedtlc

5 stars 2005: Willowglass - Willowglass -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kWXZYZ2alpNPcPWl0u9k0X8llnDwWeSj8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kWXZYZ2alpNPcPWl0u9k0X8llnDwWeSj8
 5 stars 2008: Willowglass - Book of Hours -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ntkS6CTvjO6ZUqOp2mxDdHEuEE_6MqSFs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ntkS6CTvjO6ZUqOp2mxDdHEuEE_6MqSFs
 5 stars 2013: Willowglass - The Dream Harbour -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lBAqiW-qLlLHRcWFiBB_XCQH3ZCSFcGLo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lBAqiW-qLlLHRcWFiBB_XCQH3ZCSFcGLo

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 08:45
Dear god you hand out 5 stars like the messiah with bread and fish.

-------------
Ian

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 09:43

I haven't handed out as much bread and fish as it first appears. The long list of 5-star albums above only represents about a fifth of the British Neo Prog albums I've listened to so far this year. If I added my 4-star favourites too, the list would be at least three times as long. Smile

I may have gone a bit overboard with Magenta though. Wink

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 10:20
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

There are a lot of great albums but generally I stick with Weather Systems - Anathema as it grabs me emotionally. However these are all equally great to me in their own special way:

Steven Wilson- The Raven That Refused To Sing (how is this not getting any mentions?!!)
Headspace - Now That All You Fear Has Gone (unusually overlooked brilliant band ft Damien Wilson and Oliver Wakeman)
Kansas - Elsewhere to Nowhere (best classic band comeback ever imo)
King Crimson - Power To Believe (second best classic band comeback ever lol)
It Bites - The Tall Ships (John Mitchell please take a bow)
All Traps On Earth - A Drop Of Light (redefining Symph and RIO)
Far Corner - Risk (best keys based album of the 21st century)
Tool - Lateralus (new prog metal)
IQ - Frequency (more powerful version of this important Neo band as Andy Edwards takes the drum stool for a one off 'gig')
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing (Gavin Harrison rules)
Big Big Train - Folklore (just brilliant writing and playing will do thanks)
Tangerine Dream - Purgatorio (so annoyingly overlooked , TD plus classical singers , it works it really does!)

I also have to make a final mention for the 2014 album by Tin Spirits - Scorch. I am gobsmacked this gets so little attention. Quite fantastic band featuring Big Big Train's Dave Gregory . This never leaves my i-pod. Just give the 15 minute track Garden State a listen . A hidden gem if ever there was.

what a good list even if I say so myself Wink

I would now add Frost* - Day and Age. They scratched that itch that really need scratching.

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 10:29
Some 21st century Greek prog favourites:-

5 stars 2020: Aries - Because of My Fears -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-_mRulzvY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-_mRulzvY

5 stars 2021: Ciccada - Harvest -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nWG_xYXp_MUPgxmRe5RaKmfygwskckFQs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nWG_xYXp_MUPgxmRe5RaKmfygwskckFQs

5 stars 2021: Forbidden Myth - Zantea Chronicles: The Dream Dominator -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaBU4nHamOnWwcRWn5vOWeV-H2dmxxL_E" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaBU4nHamOnWwcRWn5vOWeV-H2dmxxL_E

5 stars 2013: Yiannis Glezos - The Roses of Pieria -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lvtnixjq_6NkZIvmskMsiUdIWHoZHrqOc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lvtnixjq_6NkZIvmskMsiUdIWHoZHrqOc

5 stars 2022: Naxatras - Naxatras IV -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPrCCmHowV4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPrCCmHowV4
5 stars 2016: No Clear Mind - Makena -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mI8SCe4bBLB4GZiVvKm2CDigyi0QJcW3c" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mI8SCe4bBLB4GZiVvKm2CDigyi0QJcW3c

5 stars 1999: Purple Overdose - Reborn -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSHhSS6jv0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSHhSS6jv0

5 stars 2014: Sleepin Pillow - This World is Over -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ki0vzJG5FzcwJ-JogTCffmYQsK6B6s_qk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ki0vzJG5FzcwJ-JogTCffmYQsK6B6s_qk

5 stars 2000: La Tulipe Noire - Shattered Image -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nFOlu71m7YKXDFZyFI0Uri91w0-v5vU4c" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nFOlu71m7YKXDFZyFI0Uri91w0-v5vU4c
5 stars 2002: La Tulipe Noire - Faded Leaves -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kSKOijzoMlL2BAXbbz8i3f2XPpvLJ41NQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kSKOijzoMlL2BAXbbz8i3f2XPpvLJ41NQ
5 stars 2006: La Tulipe Noire - Nostimon Hemar -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l9Uj_KGzyN3g6UCUQRcF0z-fV8jx3iroc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l9Uj_KGzyN3g6UCUQRcF0z-fV8jx3iroc

5 stars 2001: Vangelis - Mythodea -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1Lu2CuTK6uTZjbv_tMztNiMm" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1Lu2CuTK6uTZjbv_tMztNiMm
5 stars 2004: Vangelis - Alexander (soundtrack) -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvSVZ5NoR9K6OUXjZ9WN8WX" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvSVZ5NoR9K6OUXjZ9WN8WX
5 stars 2020: Vangelis - Juno to Jupiter -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvDJEVl17L75jbyhwSeWGk7" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvDJEVl17L75jbyhwSeWGk7

5 stars 2000: Will-O-the-Wisp - Second Sight -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRNXsrOuZ-ViVjITxWvved31paw89XQD" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRNXsrOuZ-ViVjITxWvved31paw89XQD
5 stars 2004: Will-O-the-Wisp - Ceremony of Innocence -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRNXsrOuZ-XG_k-mwwOqMo3akZPUg35S" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRNXsrOuZ-XG_k-mwwOqMo3akZPUg35S
5 stars 2007: Will-O-the-Wisp - A Gift for Your Dreams -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA2_8_8Q66U" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA2_8_8Q66U

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 11:12

I haven't handed out as much bread and fish as it first appears. The long list of 5-star albums above only represents about a fifth of the British Neo Prog albums I've listened to so far this year. If I added my 4-star favourites too, the list would be at least three times as long. Smile

5 stars are meant to be a rarity not 20% of your collection, it's a Bell Curve not a horizontal line.

-------------
Ian

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 13:19

I think that's understandable. They are one of my favorite neo prog bands too. I don't think every album they did is worthy of five-stars, but I'm more likely to lean in that direction with them than most other neo prog bands.

Sometimes my smile has a sub-smile when eggs are present.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Date Posted: July 30 2023 at 15:23

PP knows no half-measures  and can part the Chanel waters if he wants.

5 stars are meant to be a rarity not 20% of your collection, it's a Bell Curve not a horizontal line.

this is a nuance well beyond PP's horizon (and since he probably is a Flat Earth believer... )TongueWink

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Posted By: terramystic
Date Posted: August 04 2023 at 23:57
My top picks:

Ayreon - The Human Equation

Moon Safari - Blomljud

Anathema - Weather Systems

IQ - Frequency

and three guitar albums:

Mike Oldfield - Return to Ommadawn

John Petrucci - Terminal Velocity

*Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human

*This artist is not yet in PA. His most progressive album is Wide Eyes in the Dark. Listen:
https://youtu.be/MfiNRE6IZJM" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/MfiNRE6IZJM

Posted By: miamiscot
Date Posted: August 31 2023 at 07:17
From Silence To Somewhere
The Similitude Of A Dream
The Chronicles Of Father Robin

-------------
The Prog Corner

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: August 31 2023 at 08:26
I have said in the past that my favourite 21st century album is Maudlin of the Well - Part the Second, but that has been overtaken recently by Lost Crowns - Every Night Something Happens.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: September 01 2023 at 07:02
I'll give you my verdict on this topic in 77 years, ok?

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Posted By: Prog-jester
Date Posted: September 04 2023 at 17:21
top-12 in no particular order:

The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
Swans - To Be Kind
IQ - Dark Matter
David Bowie - Blackstar
Tool - Lateralus
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
Fates Warning - Disconnected
Oceansize - Everyone Into Position
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Disipline. - To Shatter All Accord
Anekdoten - Until All The Ghosts Are Gone

Date Posted: September 05 2023 at 04:45

My favourites are something like (alphabetically)

Green Carnation  (N)  -  The Acoustic Verses  (2006)

Indukti  (PL)  -  S.U.S.A.R.  (2004)

The Mars Volta  (USA)  -  De-loused in the Comatorium   (2003)

-------------
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond

Posted By: HarryT
Date Posted: September 05 2023 at 04:45
Eternity and The Silent Enigma by Anathema. 

Date Posted: September 05 2023 at 04:46
Thats if they were 21st century

Date Posted: September 05 2023 at 21:52
^Nope. The first Anathema album that qualifies is a Fine Day Exit when they started to emerge from the gloom and doom metal . Even Judgement (which I like) is so last century Smile

Posted By: LearsFool
Date Posted: September 05 2023 at 23:39
Best overall IMHO would be Safe In The Hands of Love by Yves Tumor by a nose, best prog would be Error by Las Orejas y La Lengua. It's tough to pick even from just 23 years or so but I can hazard an educated guess.

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2023 at 03:52
Never heard of them lad

Date Posted: September 06 2023 at 04:17
Oh yeah. What was the last one - that were pretty good, Optimus or summat. I was always surprised living on Merseyside for many years why they werent big in Liverpool.

Date Posted: September 06 2023 at 09:21
Originally posted by HarryT HarryT wrote:

Oh yeah. What was the last one - that were pretty good, Optimus or summat. I was always surprised living on Merseyside for many years why they werent big in Liverpool.

Nearly, ''The Optimist''.  Read somewhere that they were in trouble financially which is such a shame. Nice legacy of albums though.

Date Posted: September 06 2023 at 10:42
I answered this in 2021 based on some of my favourites, today I might say (based on what is in PA and also these are really highly rated at RYM) as a top five:

Radiohead - Kid A
Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!
David Bowie - Blackstar
Swans - To Be Kind
black midi - Hellfire

That feels to me like a really satisfying and impactful top five that goes from early this millennium to contemporary music.

-------------

Posted By: Harold B
Date Posted: September 19 2023 at 10:28
Big Big Train or Wilson. Several choices , today I'll go for Folklore and TRTRTS.

Posted By: Lesanderd
Date Posted: September 21 2023 at 10:08
Tool-Lateralus
Wobbler _From Silence to Somewhere
Porcupine Tree- In Absentia
Haken- The Mountain
Pikapika Teart - Moonberry

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk