Print Page | Close Window

Tangerine Dream - Raum (New Album)

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=128057
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 16:22
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tangerine Dream - Raum (New Album)
Posted By: Heart of the Matter
Subject: Tangerine Dream - Raum (New Album)
Date Posted: December 19 2021 at 15:37
To be released on February 25th.

Tracklist:

1 In 256 Zeichen
2 You're Always on Time
3 Along the Canal
4 Continuum
5 Portico C3
6 What You Should Know About Endings
7 Raum

The Band:

Thorsten Quaeschning, Hoshiko Yamane, Paul Frick

Replies:
Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: December 22 2021 at 05:51
Can’t wait to hear it.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: December 22 2021 at 07:58
Hi,

The long cut (short version) is on the toob and can be heard and it is nice, although there is a note that it can't be done live, only memorex!

It's not great by itself, but has a lot more to link it to the late EF and his romantic version of the band, than what TD has done since EF left us, which is try to change the whole thing into something else, more electronic and less musical in my ears. Too mechanical for my tastes and I thought this had to be addressed, and I think that Quaesh did by doing so many explorations with so many people, and finally get a reasonable handle of what was creative and "visual" and what was just a machine exploration, which I think his partner that was replace in TD was not very good at. Frick seems to have a better touch for the melody and the continuous in music, and it showed in several of his duets with Quaesh ... which I think determined what the next TD would be like and about.

Quaesh on his own, has some interesting things. For example the thing with Marcus Reuter was an incredible bit that reminded me of Ash Ra Tempel in the old days ... very raw, but really well done and the feeling was strong, and Quaesh added to it nicely, although I think he's still too married to his machines to be able to concentrate more on the music itself, but it's hard to not enjoy what he does and very well at that.

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: UncleRust
Date Posted: December 25 2021 at 15:23
I loved Quantum Gate & am really looking forward to this one.  Looking at that picture...it indicates that Ulrich Schnauss is out.  Has that been confirmed?

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: December 26 2021 at 07:05
Originally posted by UncleRust UncleRust wrote:

I loved Quantum Gate & am really looking forward to this one.  Looking at that picture...it indicates that Ulrich Schnauss is out.  Has that been confirmed?

Hi,

Have not seen anything to that effect, but in a couple of bits on the toob, you can see Quaeschning and Frick fool around together, and if anything is different between Schnauss and Frick, it might just be that Schnauss was too much into the "noise" of the sound, and not the musicality inherent in the sound that can combine, better, with others.  I think that it might have been Schnauss that was the main difference between the old and the new, and in some ways, I wonder if he just did not exactly match up well with the ideas and concepts of the Edgar Froese school of music, which I think that Paul Frick seems to have a better idea of how to play with it, and it shows in that one piece in the toob. 

Can't really say much, same thing with the other 2 women and a guitar player dumped and no words said, but the whole thing might just be a way to save some money and not have to keep people on the payroll. I'm already thinking that Schnauss will get his $5 dollars and dear john letter! In the case of the other 2 ladies, Linda Spa is obviously still hurt, but being classically minded and likely helped Edgar with the orchestration of a lot of work, I think that Quaechning might have thought he could do that easy! As for drumming, oh we got plenty of machines for that ... but I can tell you that the excitement of having those women in concert was absolutely fabulous and it shows in the videos, and since then, TD is but a shadow of its prime, in terms of personality within the music, and stage ... we hope for more, but I think that it is too late, and that time is SADLY gone!

Long live the king, but the king is dead!

(as of right now, I think that Linda is retired from music, and even her website has not been updated or cleaned up in a while. It's always sad to see such a great musician lose her touch like that. She put out a lot of herself and energy to help Edgar and TD. Iris is still performing and touring.)

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk