Forum Description: Blogs, Editorials, Original articles posted by members
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=129329
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 06:23
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A Swiss Roll of Honour
Posted By: Psychedelic Paul
Subject: A Swiss Roll of Honour
Date Posted: July 16 2022 at 08:28
Coming soon..... Are you ready to do a thing called the Krododil Rock? If so, you're just in time for Tea, as I'll be taking a wander down a Swiss Country Lane and giving a warm Welcome to  some of the very best of classic Swiss prog, running all the way through the alphabet from Alpha to Omega. Many of these rare Swiss bands were as ephemeral as a proverbial Dragonfly, having cast their Magic Spell by releasing just one amazing album and then presumably retiring to their desert Island in the sun. There's also a whole plethora of classic Symphonic Prog to look forward to - featuring time signatures as complex and accurate as a Swiss clock - as well as some dazzling  keyboard pizzazz from Mr. Patrick Moraz! It's time now for me to Exit stage left before I go completely cuckoo (although it's probably too late for that already). Tongue

Featured Swiss Artists

01. Agamemnon (Psychedelic/Space Rock)
02. Alpha to Omega (Eclectic Prog)
03. Blue Motion (Symphonic Prog)
04. Brainticket (Krautrock)
05. Circus (Eclectic Prog)
06. Country Lane (Heavy Prog)
07. Deaf (Krautrock)
08. Docmec (Symphonic Prog)
09. Dragonfly (Symphonic Prog)
10. Dude Durst (Krautrock)
11. Eloiteron (Symphonic Prog)
12. Elysium (Crossover Prog)
13. Ertlif (Psychedelc/Space Rock)
14. Exit (Symphonic Prog)
15. Flame Dream (Symphonic Prog)
16. Sergius Golowin (Krautrock)
17. Kay Hoffman (Prog Folk)
18. Island (Eclectic Prog)
19. Kashmir (Progressive Electronic)
20. Kedama (Crossover Prog)
21. Kjol (Jazz Rock/Fusion)
22. Krokodil (Krautrock)
23. Lost Peace (Jazz Rock/Fusion)
24. Magic Spell (Symphonic Prog)
25. Mainhorse (Symphonic Prog)
26. McChurch Soundroom (Krautrock)
27. Monseigneur (Prog Folk)
28. Patrick Moraz (Crossover Prog)
29. Nautilus (Symphonic Prog)
30. Pacific Sound (Krautrock)
31. Plamp (Eclectic Prog)
32. Pyranha (Jazz Rock/Fusion)
33. The Shiver (Proto Prog)
34. Sicher (Symphonic Prog)
35. Spartacus (Symphonic Prog)
36. Tea (Heavy Prog)
37. Toad (Heavy Prog)
38. Trocarn (Prog Folk)
39. Andreas Vollenweider (Crossover Prog)
40. Welcome (Symphonic Prog)

Replies:
Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: July 16 2022 at 08:35
^^ very good Paul.. LOL

you know, given your tastes, I think you'll love Clepsydra (Neo-Prog); their albums 'Fears' and 'Alone' are well worth checking out. 

Date Posted: July 16 2022 at 08:47
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

^^ very good Paul.. LOL

you know, given your tastes, I think you'll love Clepsydra (Neo-Prog); their albums 'Fears' and 'Alone' are well worth checking out. 
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be reminded now of the band Clepsydra every time I see the famous Water Clock in the Victoria Centre, Nottingham. Wink

Posted By: Hrychu
Date Posted: July 16 2022 at 08:51
Welcome is one of my favorite bands of all time.

-------------
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: July 16 2022 at 09:14
^Interesting list, Paul.
       Whenever I think of Swiss progressive music artists, drummer/percussionist Peter Giger comes to mind, who was a member of European jazz/rock-krautrock band Dzyan. So, I guess Dzyan were one part Swiss. They are in my top 5 groups of all time. Giger was also in 70s jazz rock group Giger Lenz Marron, who were also brilliant, but under the radar for most. GLM are also one of my favorites.

Date Posted: July 16 2022 at 09:21
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Welcome is one of my favorite bands of all time.

You're Welcome. They're one of my favourite bands too. Unfortunately, It'll be a long time before I reach Welcome on the A-Z Swiss roll call, but just in case you don't want to wait that long, they're featured on my Prog Line blog too. Wink

5 stars  1976: WELCOME - Welcome (Symphonic Prog  Switzerland) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Wa9Nbketo&t=1s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Wa9Nbketo&t=1s
4 stars  1979: WELCOME - You're Welcome (Symphonic Prog  Switzerland) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8RL8Qwu3Is&t=2s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8RL8Qwu3Is&t=2s

Date Posted: July 16 2022 at 09:31
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

^Interesting list, Paul.
       Whenever I think of Swiss progressive music artists, drummer/percussionist Peter Giger comes to mind, who was a member of European jazz/rock-krautrock band Dzyan. So, I guess Dzyan were one part Swiss. They are in my top 5 groups of all time. Giger was also in 70s jazz rock group Giger Lenz Marron, who were also brilliant, but under the radar for most. GLM are also one of my favorites.

Thanks. I had no idea there were quite so many classic-era Swiss prog bands around until I started listing them all here. I thought I'd do well to scrape together a dozen or so, but it turned out there's over a dozen Swiss bands just in the Symphonic Prog genre alone. In fact, there's enough music listed there to keep me busy until the cuckoo clock strikes midnight at the end of 2022. Smile

Posted By: TheH
Date Posted: July 18 2022 at 08:58
Island and Circus are worldclass bands and not to be missed :-)

Some other very good ones but not up to their level...

Date Posted: July 18 2022 at 09:12
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

II'm looking forward to hearing them all, starting next month, and I'm glad you mentioned Island because I just found a place for them in the intro. Smile

Posted By: tszirmay
Date Posted: July 18 2022 at 11:18
Galaad is cool !

-------------
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: July 18 2022 at 15:37
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

36. Joel Vandroogenbroek (What a great Dutch name!)

Joel is actually Brussels and is/wasthe mindmaster of Brainticket

Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

That's about my take on it
(BTW, Blue Motion is the continuation of Circus, but defintely more ELP-Symph like).

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Date Posted: July 18 2022 at 15:51
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Galaad is cool !

I'll check them out, although I've only included prog bands in my Swiss roll call from the classic era of the late 1960's thru' to the early 80's, meaning my list of 38 bands has more holes it than a Swiss cheese. Embarrassed

Posted By: David_D
Date Posted: October 16 2022 at 14:55

Swiss albums I've found so far to be fond of are:

Agamemnon  (CH)  -  Agamemnon, Part I&II   (1981)

Celtic Frost  (CH)  -  “Into The Pandemonium”  (1987)

Shora  (CH)  -  Malval   (2006) 

-------------
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond

Posted By: mellotronwave
Date Posted: October 16 2022 at 15:02
Circus/Welcome/Island are of my best CDs
+
Clepsydra and its side project Shakary ( a double CD called Ayla) and Dragonfly are decent neo prog band

Date Posted: October 16 2022 at 15:04
Some Moraz works like 'the story of I ( Charisma label) or with Bill Bruford are Ok
Don't forget Refugee ( one LP on Charisma)
Refugee = Nice minus Emerson plus Moraz = excellent symphonic prog imo

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: October 16 2022 at 15:10
My favorite Swiss album from last year was Gnohgnuhgnlus - Thomisme.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: October 16 2022 at 15:29
Originally posted by mellotronwave mellotronwave wrote:

+
Clepsydra and its side project Shakary ( a double CD called Ayla) and Dragonfly are decent neo prog band

Circus is one of my favorite less known bands especially Movin On

Thumbs Up

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: October 16 2022 at 17:39
Glad to see Island and Kedama being mentioned along with some of those Swiss Krautrock bands. These five beat the rest on your list. My strange tastes.
The Evpatoria Report
Equus
Monkey3
Sonar
Drum Circus

I'm so impressed with some of these instrumental albums out of Switzerland. Drum Circus is old school the rest fairly modern.

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: October 19 2022 at 03:08
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

Swiss albums I've found so far to be fond of are:

Agamemnon  (CH)  -  Agamemnon, Part I&II   (1981)

Celtic Frost  (CH)  -  “Into The Pandemonium”  (1987)

Shora  (CH)  -  Malval   (2006) 

Thanks David. Agamemnon's one and only Space Rock album will be the first album I feature here, just as soon as I get around to listening to it. Smile

Date Posted: October 19 2022 at 03:10

Some Moraz world like 'the story of I ( Charisma label) or with Bill Bruford are Ok

Refugee are coming up early next year on my Prog Britannia playlists. Thumbs Up

Posted By: BrufordFreak
Date Posted: October 19 2022 at 06:29
I second John's recommendation of the Math Rock band SONAR--or it's offshoot, the solo projects of founder/leader STEPHAN THELEN. 2018's release Vortex is particularly outstanding--due in part to the collaboration of guitarist David Torn.

Also, a recent find of mine is the wonderful chamber-jazz rock band IKARUS. Their release from this year, Plasma,seems destined for my Top 10 at year's end. 

I'm also quite fond of electric harpist ANDREAS VOLLENWEIDER--especially the albums on which genius multi-instrumentalist Pedro Haldemann contributes.

-------------
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: October 20 2022 at 05:46
I just need two more Swiss prog bands from the classic 1970's/early 80's era to make a Top 40 playlist. Cool

Psychedelic Swiss Rolls Smile

^ I'd Love to have added Ikarus to the Swiss Roll of Honour - until I discovered they're a German band. Confused

Date Posted: October 20 2022 at 06:18
^ Addendum: I just discovered the superb Jazz-Rock band Pyranha on YouTube, so that just leaves one more class Swiss prog band remaining before I get my teeth into the Top 40 playlist. Have I finally bitten off more than I can chew? Only Time Will Tell. Smile

Posted By: geekfreak
Date Posted: October 20 2022 at 23:19

Coming soon..... Are you ready to do a thing called the Krododil Rock? If so, you're just in time for Tea, as I'll be taking a wander down a Swiss Country Lane and giving a warm Welcome to  some of the very best of classic Swiss prog, running all the way through the alphabet from Alpha to Omega. Many of these rare Swiss bands were as ephemeral as a proverbial Dragonfly, having cast their Magic Spell by releasing just one amazing album and then presumably retiring to their desert Island in the sun. There's also a whole plethora of classic Symphonic Prog to look forward to - featuring time signatures as complex and accurate as a Swiss clock - as well as some dazzling  keyboard pizzazz from Mr. Patrick Moraz! It's time now for me to Exit stage left before I go completely cuckoo (although it's probably too late for that already). Tongue

Featured Swiss Artists

01. Agamemnon (Psychedelic/Space Rock)
02. Alpha to Omega (Eclectic Prog)
03. Blue Motion (Symphonic Prog)
04. Brainticket (Krautrock)
05. Circus (Eclectic Prog)
06. Country Lane (Heavy Prog)
07. Docmec (Symphonic Prog)
08. Dragonfly (Symphonic Prog)
09. Dude Durst (Krautrock)
10. Eloiteron (Symphonic Prog)
11. Elysium (Crossover Prog)
12. Ertlif (Psychedelc/Space Rock)
13. Exit (Symphonic Prog)
14. Flame Dream (Symphonic Prog)
15. Sergius Golowin (Krautrock)
16. Kay Hoffman (Prog Folk)
17. Island (Eclectic Prog)
18. Kashmir (Progressive Electronic)
19. Kedama (Crossover Prog)
20. Kjol (Jazz Rock/Fusion)
21. Krokodil (Krautrock)
22. Lost Peace (Jazz Rock/Fusion)
23. Magic Spell (Symphonic Prog)
24. Mainhorse (Symphonic Prog)
25. McChurch Soundroom (Krautrock)
26. Monseigneur (Prog Folk)
27. Patrick Moraz (Crossover Prog)
28. Nautilus (Symphonic Prog)
29. Pacific Sound (Krautrock)
30. Plamp (Eclectic Prog)
31. Pyranha (Jazz Rock/Fusion)
32. The Shiver (Proto Prog)
33. Sicher (Symphonic Prog)
34. Spartacus (Symphonic Prog)
35. Tea (Heavy Prog)
36. Trocarn (Prog Folk)
37. Joel Vandroogenbroek (What a great Dutch name!)
38. Andreas Vollenweider (Crossover Prog)
39. Welcome (Symphonic Prog)

Argh it’s. Embarrassing times again as. I’ve never even heard of any of these bands before. So I’m guessing that. I’ll be busy checking out the Swiss Rolls oh. Thanks for the list of bands Paul

-------------
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<

Date Posted: October 20 2022 at 23:44
^ You're Welcome, and don't worry, because they're all new to me too, apart from Brainticket & Welcome. 

I just need to find that elusive 40th artist now to complete my Top 40 Swiss Roll of Honour. Smile

Date Posted: October 21 2022 at 02:04
Update: I just discovered the Swiss Heavy Prog band *Toad* today (thanks to Google), thereby completing my Top 40 playlist, which calls for a celebratory drum roll from Ginger Baker's Air Force with their song "Toady". Smile 

Date Posted: October 21 2022 at 06:21

Update: I just discovered the Swiss Heavy Prog band *Toad* today (thanks to Google), thereby completing my Top 40 playlist, which calls for a celebratory drum roll from Ginger Baker's Air Force with their song "Toady". Smile 

I don’t know this band also.

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: October 21 2022 at 06:26
^ I'd vaguely heard of Toad before, but I didn't know they were Swiss - until toaday that is. Smile

Date Posted: October 21 2022 at 08:01
Now that the Top 40 list is complete, I'm on a roll (a Swiss roll) and ready to rock & roll with the first band on the A-Z list.....

Agamemnon was a hero of Greek mythology in the Trojan Wars and Agamemnon the band are one-time heroes of Swiss prog, having released just one amazing album in 1981 and then just as quickly disappeared - presumably to go and fight a war somewhere. Agamemnon have sometimes been compared to the German bands Minotaurus and Epidaurus, but this band are no prog dinosaurs! No, this is wonderful, melodic Symphonic Prog at its best (although bizarrely, they're categorised as Psychedelic/Space Rock here on PA). Anyway, I hope you enjoy the album, even though the production quality isn't brilliant, hence it's "only" a 4-star rating instead of the full five stars. Smile

4 stars 1981: Agamemnon - Agamemnon -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LlRRRVfX4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LlRRRVfX4

Date Posted: October 21 2022 at 11:39

Some Moraz world like 'the story of I ( Charisma label) or with Bill Bruford are Ok

Refugee are coming up early next year on my Prog Britannia playlists. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: October 21 2022 at 13:01
^ I've just moved Refugee forward onto my current PB playlist, so they'll be coming up Someday soon. Thumbs Up

5 stars 1974: Refugee - Refugee -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nG-RTCCYxE9besjxl_fhHtO451IeKuaVA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nG-RTCCYxE9besjxl_fhHtO451IeKuaVA

REFUGEE were a short-lived Symphonic Prog threesome from London. You could be forgiven for thinking Phil Collins was a member of Refugee, because the man in the middle on their one and only self-titled album cover from 1974 bears a striking resemblance to the Genesis drummer. There's no mistaking Swiss keyboard player Patrick Moraz on the right of the album cover though. He was brought in as a last-minute replacement for Keith Emerson, who was otherwise engaged with the Prog- Rock supergroup Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the time. The other two members of Refugee besides Patrick Moraz were both ex-members of The Nice:- Lee Jackson on bass, electric cello, electric guitar, 12-string acoustic guitar and lead vocals, and Brian Davison on drums and percussion, where "percussion" meant virtually anything the versatile drummer could lay his hands on, including tympani, various gongs, Tibetan temple bells, African drums, kabassa (whatever that is!?) and broken glass! Patrick Moraz wasn't exactly slacking in the keyboards department either with this very impressive array of keyboard instruments at his disposal:- Mini- moog, AKS synthesiser, piano, electric piano, clavinet, organ, pipe organ, marimbaphone, alpine horn, electronic slinky, mellotron, and occasional vocals too! Patrick Moraz would of course go on to be a member of YES and a "days of future passed" member of The Moody Blues. Who could forget the famous music trial of the century!? The sole Refugee album was recorded in 1974 at ART Studios in Geneva in Patrick Moraz' native Switzerland, so he would have felt right at home there, whereas the two English members of the band, Lee Jackson and Brian Davison were temporary "refugees".

The title of the imperious 5-minute-long opening number "Papillon" can have several meanings:- Either a black butterfly; a symbolic breaking free of societal restraints and restrictions; or even a toy breed of dog with large butterfly-like ears! One thing's for sure though, the "Papillon" on this album is no delicate butterfly. No, this is an aggressive and impressive Pictures at an Exhibition-style display of powerful keyboard prog in the best tradition of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. There's no shortage of classically-inspired, lightning-speed keyboard runs to be heard from Patrick Moraz in this tremendous instrumental album opener, which also features a storming salvo of machine-gun-like drumming from Brian Davison. Yes, it looks like we could be in for quite a treat here with this gloriously pompous one-off album of unashamedly exhibitionistic Symphonic Prog. On the second song "Someday", We get to hear the emotionally-wrought (and some might say "over-blown") vocals of Lee Jackson for the first time, which also features another incredible keyboard performance from Patrick Moraz before he went on to join YES for their "Relayer" album in late 1974. "Someday" is one of those grand magisterial prog epics that gathers in pace and intensity as it progresses, so it could be described as the true definition of Progressive Rock. If "Papillon" represented a symbolic breaking-free, then "Someday" continues the theme of liberation with the powerful message contained within these lyrics:- "Someday, I'll go away, Pack my bag, Get on a plane, I'll fly up through my cloud, I'll smash right through, Right into the sun." ..... This is the kind of powerfully uplifting feel-good prog that'll leave you flying high on a wave of joyous and exhilarating emotion. If you haven't quite reached seventh prog heaven yet, then the third piece of music might help get you there, because next up is the awesome 17-minute-long, "Grand Canyon" suite, the first of two epic suites on the album. This magnificent five-part magnum opus is every bit as grandiose and spectacular as the song title implies. Be prepared to be stunned by this brilliant landscape of dazzling musical colours. The outstanding "Grand Canyon" suite represents the musical equivalent of the real Grand Canyon bathed in rich golden colours at sunset.

The title of the Side Two opener "Ritt Mickley" is a humorous reference to the strong Swiss accent of Patrick Moraz when he pronounces "rhythmically". It's another 6-minute-long demonstration of ELP-style keyboard prog at it's absolute best, so you can expect another dazzling display of keyboard histrionics from Mr Moraz & Co. The final piece of music on the album is the second of the two epic suites. It's a thunderous 18-minute-long masterpiece titled "Credo". The majestic music is divided into eight movements of stunning symphonic splendour and delight, which just HAS to be heard to be believed. This is incredible!

You can't fail to be over-awed by this stunning display of ELP-style keyboard prog. This outstanding one-off album has a treasured place in the hallowed halls of ProgArchives. Refugee might not be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but they truly deserve to be included with full honours and flags flying with this very impressive powerhouse debut!

Date Posted: October 22 2022 at 01:17
One amazing album and one amazing life - courtesy of Prog Line - in a Swiss rock opera that's so rare it's not even listed in the A-Z directory of ProgArchves. 

5 stars 1976: Alpha to Omega - A Life -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qs1n0n7lQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qs1n0n7lQ

Date Posted: October 23 2022 at 01:17
When Swiss band Circus were in the process of breakin' up and Movin' On, they changed their name to Bliue Motion and released this one-off album of monumental Symphonic Prog. Smile

4 stars  1980: Blue Motion - Blue Motion  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrwsdAGFKMs" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrwsdAGFKMs

Date Posted: October 24 2022 at 05:56

14           Circus     Movin' On                   1977      

12           Circus     Circus            1976      

12           Circus     Tearless, Fearless and Even Less              1980      

12           Island      Pictures         1977   

12           Nimal    Voix de Surface     1990

11           Bärtsch, Nik           Entendre          2021      

11           Bärtsch, Nik / Ronin            Stoa             2006      

11           Bärtsch, Nik / Ronin            Awase           2018      

11           Agamemnon         Part 1 & 2               1981      

11           Circus     All Stars Live           1978      

11           Debile Menthol    Emile au Jardin Patrologique                1982      

11           Pyranha Pyranha        1972     

11           Ikarus     Mosaismic                2019      

11           Toad       B.U.F.O. (Blues United Fighting Organization)               1970      

10           AKKU Quintet       Molecules                 2015      

10           AKKU Quintet       Aeon              2017      

10           Bärtsch, Nik / Mobile          Ritual Groove Music           2001      

10           Bärtsch, Nik / Mobile          Aer         2004      

10           Bärtsch, Nik / Ronin            Holon       2008      

10           Blue Motion          Blue Motion             1980      

10           Dawn      Loneliness              2007      

10           Galaad    Premier Fevrier       1992      

10           Galaad    Vae Victis           1996      

10           Galaad    Frat3r       2019      

10           Island      Pyrrho (1975/1976)       

10           Krokodil An Invisible World Revealed             Swz         1971      

10           McChurch Soundroom       Delusion     1971 

10           Nimal   - Dis Tanz     1993   

10           Toad       Toad           1972      

10           Toad       Tomorrow Blue         1972

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Date Posted: October 24 2022 at 08:21

^^ very good Paul.. LOL

You wouldn't believe this, but I just looked on Wikipedia for a list of Swiss Progressive Rock bands and they only had three listed:- Patrick Moraz; Toad & Yello. I could suggest they add at least another 40 Swiss prog artists to the list, including Clepsydra, who are coming up here right after Brainticket and Circus - hopefully before the water clock strikes midnight at the end of the month. Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Progressive_rock_albums_by_Swiss_artists" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Progressive_rock_albums_by_Swiss_artists

Date Posted: October 24 2022 at 08:29

^^ very good Paul.. LOL

You wouldn't believe this, but I just looked on Wikipedia for a list of Swiss Progressive Rock bands and they only had three listed:- Patrick Moraz; Toad & Yello. I could suggest they add at least another 40 Swiss prog artists to the list, including Clepsydra, who are coming up here right after Brainticket and Circus - hopefully before the water clock strikes midnight at the end of the month. Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Progressive_rock_albums_by_Swiss_artists" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Progressive_rock_albums_by_Swiss_artists

Sadly I do believe it.

-------------

Music Is Live

<

Date Posted: October 25 2022 at 03:07
Brainticket: a multi-national Space Rock band led by Belgian psychonaut Joel Vandroogenbroek. Take a heavy trip to the epicentre of your mind. It's cosmic! Cool

3 stars 1971: Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nl5G2UGy_hVjS6N5Duqu1_3GY_2QB9khI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nl5G2UGy_hVjS6N5Duqu1_3GY_2QB9khI
4 stars 1972: Brainticket - Psychonaut -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq8hafG1bk2wnVDEJF3a-5FChz-CiopqG" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq8hafG1bk2wnVDEJF3a-5FChz-CiopqG
3 stars 1974: Brainticket - Celestial Ocean -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nuSBG_veo5U1dBihXvEgUka4k094LvdMk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nuSBG_veo5U1dBihXvEgUka4k094LvdMk
2 stars 1980: Brainticket - Adventure -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_liLXbhMXePR49P0My04XRkl2YE7cLiqaw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_liLXbhMXePR49P0My04XRkl2YE7cLiqaw
2 stars 1982: Brainticket - Voyage -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyDWIlbHGrs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyDWIlbHGrs
2 stars 2000: Brainticket - Alchemic Universe -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lbW7o_v9Sqb9Wio3naKXq97uHHYYXj3Hw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lbW7o_v9Sqb9Wio3naKXq97uHHYYXj3Hw
4 stars 2015: Brainticket - Past, Present & Future -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kk1gKAM6M9TsqdMyA03q280IqdgAgu92M" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kk1gKAM6M9TsqdMyA03q280IqdgAgu92M

Date Posted: October 26 2022 at 04:08
Roll up, roll up, for all the fun of the Circus all stars band - the best Circus act since British Funk Rock band, Trapeze! Swiss band Circus are an Eclectic Prog band who've sometimes been compared to King Crimson and Van der Graaf Generator, although at the risk of taking an embarrassing fall from a high wire, Circus are far superior to either of those two overrated bands in my view. There, I've said it (waits for more mockery). Movin' On swiftly now before I get lynched..... If you like the Movin' On album, then try Fearless, Tearless and Even Less, which you'll hopefully like even more - not less.  Smile

4 stars 1976: Circus - Circus -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJv8_iUT24" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJv8_iUT24
4 stars 1977: Circus - Movin' On -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ0zOleXBs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ0zOleXBs
4 stars 1978: Circus - All Stars Band Live -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL63ZeT2Qs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL63ZeT2Qs
5 stars 1980: Circus - Fearless, Tearless and Even Less -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mxOxS4a5tTP4K7dsKH-08jqx2AoA_k55g" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mxOxS4a5tTP4K7dsKH-08jqx2AoA_k55g

Date Posted: October 27 2022 at 05:44

^^ very good Paul.. LOL

It's time for Clepsydra, a Swiss band par excellence. If you Love this band too, then you're not Alone. Their music is as fascinating to the ears as a Hologram image is fascinating to the eyes. Clepsydra skilfully manage to bridge The Gap between Symphonic Prog and Neo Prog, so just settle back and let all of your cares and Fears melt away like More Grains of Sand as you listen to this wonderful music. Thumbs Up

4 stars 1991: Clepsydra - Hologram -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lKj3L0ASeOejqwB2lZqkdmdaEx3cNOS_c" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lKj3L0ASeOejqwB2lZqkdmdaEx3cNOS_c
5 stars 1994: Clepsydra - More Grains of Sand -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_loqM2TiK6OTK5P03qPqmmPQfiSyqq6Io8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_loqM2TiK6OTK5P03qPqmmPQfiSyqq6Io8
5 stars 1997: Clepsydra - Fears -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kP9fQjkxi5Ug-tc_rzl0PxWoa9WNn2mdI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kP9fQjkxi5Ug-tc_rzl0PxWoa9WNn2mdI
5 stars 2001: Clepsydra - Alone -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m2Zb4PRO0L8Cw3KaF_doUYrPsBxBX5ySg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m2Zb4PRO0L8Cw3KaF_doUYrPsBxBX5ySg
5 stars 2019: Clepsydra - The Gap -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqKXPz16tg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqKXPz16tg

Date Posted: October 28 2022 at 03:15
Take a walk down a Swiss Country Lane. You never know what you might find just below the surface. Maybe some underlying Heavy Rock. Smile

4 stars 1973: Country Lane - Substratum -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lvlngbHYRsi2Zyjh4ZS_Kvl4n1nBhdaZ8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lvlngbHYRsi2Zyjh4ZS_Kvl4n1nBhdaZ8

Date Posted: October 28 2022 at 08:01

Roll up, roll up, for all the fun of the Circus all stars band - the best Circus act since British Funk Rock band, Trapeze! Swiss band Circus are an Eclectic Prog band who've sometimes been compared to King Crimson and Van der Graaf Generator, although at the risk of taking an embarrassing fall from a high wire, Circus are far superior to either of those two overrated bands in my view. There, I've said it (waits for more mockery). Movin' On swiftly now before I get lynched..... If you like the Movin' On album, then try Fearless, Tearless and Even Less, which you'll hopefully like even more - not less.  Smile

4 stars 1976: Circus - Circus -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJv8_iUT24" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJv8_iUT24
4 stars 1977: Circus - Movin' On -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ0zOleXBs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ0zOleXBs
4 stars 1978: Circus - All Stars Band Live -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL63ZeT2Qs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL63ZeT2Qs
5 stars 1980: Circus - Fearless, Tearless and Even Less -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mxOxS4a5tTP4K7dsKH-08jqx2AoA_k55g" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mxOxS4a5tTP4K7dsKH-08jqx2AoA_k55g

A bit surprised you'd find FT&EL better than Movin' On... The last 2/3 of the album is indeed equal game to MO's last 2/3, but the shorter tracks are less direct (IMHO)

As for being superior to Crimson and Graaf, I don't believe bands like Circus woud've even existed without them two bands.

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 02:13
Docmec: an obscure Swiss band that briefly appeared and disappeared as mysteriously as a UFO -  last seen hovering somewhere over the Swiss Alps in 1976.

4 stars 1976: DOCMEC - Objet Non Identifie (Symphonic Prog  Switzerland)    -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeAKMdgtxbM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeAKMdgtxbM

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 02:36

It's time for Clepsydra, a Swiss band par excellence. If you Love this band too, then you're not Alone. Their music is as fascinating to the ears as a Hologram image is fascinating to the eyes. Clepsydra skilfully manage to bridge The Gap between Symphonic Prog and Neo Prog, so just settle back and let all of your cares and Fears melt away like More Grains of Sand as you listen to this wonderful music. Thumbs Up

I thought you'd probably like them... Smile

Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 02:53

I thought you'd probably like them... Smile
Thanks for the recommendation. Clepsydra were a real Swiss treat - as opposed to a Dutch treat - sounding as sweet and tasty as a Swiss roll. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 06:25
Dragonfly: another Swiss band whose brief time in the spotlight was as ephemeral as a proverbial dragonfly.

5 stars 1982: DRAGONFLY - Dragonfly (Symphonic Prog  Switzerland) -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOTX-g3khQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOTX-g3khQ

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 07:03
Nik Bartsch Ronin
Schnellertollermeier
Ikarus
Akku Quartet
Sonar
Kali Trio
Don Li
Orchestre Tout Puissant Marcel Duchamp
Plaistow
L'Ensemble Raye

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: Lewian
Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 07:21
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Nik Bartsch Ronin
Schnellertollermeier
Ikarus
Akku Quartet
Sonar
Kali Trio
Don Li
Plaistow
L'Ensemble Raye

That's a fantastic list that would do any country of any size proud!

Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 11:30

Nik Bartsch Ronin
Schnellertollermeier
Ikarus
Akku Quartet
Sonar
Kali Trio
Don Li
Plaistow
L'Ensemble Raye

I don't know any of those Swiss bands (no surprise there again), but there's a slim chance I may like them so long as they're not avant, dissonant or edgy. Wink

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: October 29 2022 at 12:47
Mainly jazz based, often minimalist

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: October 30 2022 at 06:01

Mainly jazz based, often minimalist

When I first saw your list, the band Ikarus looked familiar, but it turns out I was thinking of the German Krautrock band Ikarus who released one album in 1971 and not the contemporary Swiss Zeuhl band of the same name who I hadn't previously heard of.

Date Posted: October 30 2022 at 06:07
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

4 stars 1976: Circus - Circus -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJv8_iUT24" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJv8_iUT24
4 stars 1977: Circus - Movin' On -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ0zOleXBs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ0zOleXBs
4 stars 1978: Circus - All Stars Band Live -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL63ZeT2Qs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPL63ZeT2Qs
5 stars 1980: Circus - Fearless, Tearless and Even Less -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mxOxS4a5tTP4K7dsKH-08jqx2AoA_k55g" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mxOxS4a5tTP4K7dsKH-08jqx2AoA_k55g

A bit surprised you'd find FT&EL better than Movin' On... The last 2/3 of the album is indeed equal game to MO's last 2/3, but the shorter tracks are less direct (IMHO)

As for being superior to Crimson and Graaf, I don't believe bands like Circus woud've even existed without them two bands.

It surprised me too. It's not very often a band's final album turns out to be their best album - with the rare exception of YES. Wink

Date Posted: October 31 2022 at 02:20
Hey Dude! Waas Sappening? Dude Durst is what's happening, and as you may have guessed from the album title, Dude Durst is the name of the tripped-out former drummer with Swiss Krautrock band Krokodil.

4 stars 1970: Dude Durst - Krokodil Solo -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVkT-0BEYc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVkT-0BEYc

Date Posted: November 01 2022 at 03:21
Eloiteron: a Symphonic Prog band from Zurich who released one album and then disappeared into obscurity, until now that is. Smile

4 stars 1981: Eloiteron - Lost Paradise -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtePLm5U1Jo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtePLm5U1Jo

Date Posted: November 02 2022 at 03:22
Crossover Prog band Elysium appeared  briefly like a ghost from the realms of the Swiss underworld with their one and only album "Fogdays" in 1981, before just as mysteriously disappearing into the fog forever, never to be seen again - not even in the afterlife. Confused

4 stars 1981: Elysium - Fogdays -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaFUB1AHmxqcIpby5svnlEHh84I_vXXV4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaFUB1AHmxqcIpby5svnlEHh84I_vXXV4

Date Posted: November 02 2022 at 12:39

^ I've just moved Refugee forward onto my current PB playlist, so they'll be coming up Someday soon. Thumbs Up

5 stars<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;"> 1974: Refugee - Refugee -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nG-RTCCYxE9besjxl_fhHtO451IeKuaVA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nG-RTCCYxE9besjxl_fhHtO451IeKuaVA </span>

<div ="review-text-zone"="" style="font-family: " sans", Arial, sans-serif; margin-bottom: 0px;"><div style="color: rgb51, 51, 51;">REFUGEE were a short-lived Symphonic Prog threesome from London. You could be forgiven for thinking Phil Collins was a member of Refugee, because the man in the middle on their one and only self-titled album cover from 1974 bears a striking resemblance to the Genesis drummer. There's no mistaking Swiss keyboard player Patrick Moraz on the right of the album cover though. He was brought in as a last-minute replacement for Keith Emerson, who was otherwise engaged with the Prog- Rock supergroup Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the time. The other two members of Refugee besides Patrick Moraz were both ex-members of The Nice:- Lee Jackson on bass, electric cello, electric guitar, 12-string acoustic guitar and lead vocals, and Brian Davison on drums and percussion, where "percussion" meant virtually anything the versatile drummer could lay his hands on, including tympani, various gongs, Tibetan temple bells, African drums, kabassa (whatever that is!?) and broken glass! Patrick Moraz wasn't exactly slacking in the keyboards department either with this very impressive array of keyboard instruments at his disposal:- Mini- moog, AKS synthesiser, piano, electric piano, clavinet, organ, pipe organ, marimbaphone, alpine horn, electronic slinky, mellotron, and occasional vocals too! Patrick Moraz would of course go on to be a member of YES and a "days of future passed" member of The Moody Blues. Who could forget the famous music trial of the century!? The sole Refugee album was recorded in 1974 at ART Studios in Geneva in Patrick Moraz' native Switzerland, so he would have felt right at home there, whereas the two English members of the band, Lee Jackson and Brian Davison were temporary "refugees".

The title of the imperious 5-minute-long opening number "Papillon" can have several meanings:- Either a black butterfly; a symbolic breaking free of societal restraints and restrictions; or even a toy breed of dog with large butterfly-like ears! One thing's for sure though, the "Papillon" on this album is no delicate butterfly. No, this is an aggressive and impressive Pictures at an Exhibition-style display of powerful keyboard prog in the best tradition of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. There's no shortage of classically-inspired, lightning-speed keyboard runs to be heard from Patrick Moraz in this tremendous instrumental album opener, which also features a storming salvo of machine-gun-like drumming from Brian Davison. Yes, it looks like we could be in for quite a treat here with this gloriously pompous one-off album of unashamedly exhibitionistic Symphonic Prog. On the second song "Someday", We get to hear the emotionally-wrought (and some might say "over-blown") vocals of Lee Jackson for the first time, which also features another incredible keyboard performance from Patrick Moraz before he went on to join YES for their "Relayer" album in late 1974. "Someday" is one of those grand magisterial prog epics that gathers in pace and intensity as it progresses, so it could be described as the true definition of Progressive Rock. If "Papillon" represented a symbolic breaking-free, then "Someday" continues the theme of liberation with the powerful message contained within these lyrics:- "Someday, I'll go away, Pack my bag, Get on a plane, I'll fly up through my cloud, I'll smash right through, Right into the sun." ..... This is the kind of powerfully uplifting feel-good prog that'll leave you flying high on a wave of joyous and exhilarating emotion. If you haven't quite reached seventh prog heaven yet, then the third piece of music might help get you there, because next up is the awesome 17-minute-long, "Grand Canyon" suite, the first of two epic suites on the album. This magnificent five-part magnum opus is every bit as grandiose and spectacular as the song title implies. Be prepared to be stunned by this brilliant landscape of dazzling musical colours. The outstanding "Grand Canyon" suite represents the musical equivalent of the real Grand Canyon bathed in rich golden colours at sunset.

The title of the Side Two opener "Ritt Mickley" is a humorous reference to the strong Swiss accent of Patrick Moraz when he pronounces "rhythmically". It's another 6-minute-long demonstration of ELP-style keyboard prog at it's absolute best, so you can expect another dazzling display of keyboard histrionics from Mr Moraz & Co. The final piece of music on the album is the second of the two epic suites. It's a thunderous 18-minute-long masterpiece titled "Credo". The majestic music is divided into eight movements of stunning symphonic splendour and delight, which just HAS to be heard to be believed. This is incredible!

You can't fail to be over-awed by this stunning display of ELP-style keyboard prog. This outstanding one-off album has a treasured place in the hallowed halls of ProgArchives. Refugee might not be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but they truly deserve to be included with full honours and flags flying with this very impressive powerhouse debut!

Credo is a masterpiece indeed thx for posting

Date Posted: November 03 2022 at 04:29
Ertlif: a superb Psychedelic Rock band from the picture-postcard alpine town of Basel in Switzerland. Ertlif may have had a short shelf-lif in their original incarnation, but they made an amazing comeback in 2001 with their new album "Illusions". There's also a compilation of  Relics from the Past to relish too, thereby ensuring that the music of Ertlif lives on forever - or at least for half a century anyway. Smile

4 stars 1972: Ertlif - Ertlif -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nnp6nOHVTB26dBnS2wGFhUk0FKUmuzxWs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nnp6nOHVTB26dBnS2wGFhUk0FKUmuzxWs
5 stars 2001: Ertlif - Illusions -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVbL5Z3SDc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVbL5Z3SDc
5 stars 2017: Ertlif - Relics from the Past: Unreleased Recordings 1974-1975 -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwfikT3Mbc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwfikT3Mbc

Date Posted: November 04 2022 at 03:05
Prepare to be entranced by the music of Exit - the best thing to emerge from Switzerland since the Simplon Tunnel. Smile

5 stars 1975: EXIT - Exit (Symphonic Prog  Switzerland) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDXfj8-zyR4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDXfj8-zyR4

Date Posted: November 05 2022 at 09:59
Flame Dream: a Symphonic Prog band from the picturesque Swiss town of Lucerne, where the music sounds as dreamily beautiful as the city by the lake. 

4 stars 1978: Flame Dream - Galatea -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZX2dbo_9k" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZX2dbo_9k
5 stars 1979: Flame Dream - Elements -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-1lxoI7Ww" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-1lxoI7Ww
5 stars 1981: Flame Dream - Out in the Dark -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52-YiwokMO0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52-YiwokMO0
4 stars 1982: Flame Dream - Supervision -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdZrbOS1VSx0MJO2carTRWcVOIlm687ZQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdZrbOS1VSx0MJO2carTRWcVOIlm687ZQ

Date Posted: November 06 2022 at 09:09
I'm So Glad Sean Trane told me about Galaad - the second-best Neo Prog band to emerge from Switzerland. It's just a pity all of the lyrics are sung in the band's native French, instead of English - the universal language of prog. Smile

3 stars 1992: Galaad - Premier Fevrier -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kr-5NrJ2a9YZzTEDjalkk_xGoh_wwOPYg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kr-5NrJ2a9YZzTEDjalkk_xGoh_wwOPYg
3 stars 1996: Galaad - Vae Victis -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l7mNOTSKYdfhrVnu5ZrZ7cDcVs1mDo3CQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l7mNOTSKYdfhrVnu5ZrZ7cDcVs1mDo3CQ
3 stars 2019: Galaad - Frat3r -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_npmJXB62EjIuU4IuaiXdStHxPeEsrxvDA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_npmJXB62EjIuU4IuaiXdStHxPeEsrxvDA
3 stars 2021: Galaad - Paradis Posthumes -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mOIC4y2FAcyK2AI_87j0Rdj7elm0uTI3k" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mOIC4y2FAcyK2AI_87j0Rdj7elm0uTI3k

Posted By: Progmind
Date Posted: November 06 2022 at 19:02
Hi Paul,

I recommend you Sicher, they released only one album "Sicher" (1981) they remind me in some parts to Flame Dream, delicate flute and sax parts, hammond, even cellos and strings, totally instrumental

Date Posted: November 07 2022 at 00:27
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Hi Paul,

I recommend you Sicher, they released only one album "Sicher" (1981) they remind me in some parts to Flame Dream, delicate flute and sax parts, hammond, even cellos and strings, totally instrumental

Thanks! Sicher are already on my Swiss playlist (at #33) on Page 1 of this blog. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 07 2022 at 06:34

3 stars 1973: Sergius Golowin - Lord Krishna von Goloka -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7j4hqXD8p4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7j4hqXD8p4

Sergius Golowin (born in Prague, CZ) is surely one of the most obscure artists ever to emerge from Switzerland in this rare, one-off album of spiritual devotion. Heart

I'm guessing the irate pilot (Robert Stack) in the clip below wouldn't enjoy this devotional Hare Krishna album at all. Ouch

Date Posted: November 08 2022 at 01:32
Edelweiss, edelweiss, if only Swiss Prog Folk were twice as nice. Instead, it's twice as wyrd. Wacko

3 stars 1985: Kay Hoffman - Floret Silva (recorded in 1978) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ott1c5bc6kw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ott1c5bc6kw

Date Posted: November 09 2022 at 02:12
This spooky album with a cover by H.R. Giger is from a band who appeared briefly like a Swiss zephyr  and then just as mysteriously disappeared, never to be heard from again. Pictures is a haunting album of offbeat Eclectic Prog that reaches new levels of eclecticism. It's not the kind of album I'd want to take to a desert Island, but it should appeal to fans of VDGG's legendary Pawn Hearts album. Smile

2 stars 1977: Island - Pictures -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5XP4-gmuQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5XP4-gmuQ

Date Posted: November 10 2022 at 04:26
Kashmir: as mysteriously beautiful as the province of the same name on the Indian subcontinent, and also one of the best Swiss prog albums you've never heard of. Thumbs Up

5 stars 1979: Kashmir - Alarme! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw704P_Mi7M" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw704P_Mi7M

Date Posted: November 11 2022 at 05:31
Kedama: Switzerland's answer to Emerson, Lake & Palmer! Thumbs Up

4 stars 1976: Kedama - Live at Sunrise Studios -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nbws0XdF1SV3vLE5OaAtnNkPJH6n8Tczk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nbws0XdF1SV3vLE5OaAtnNkPJH6n8Tczk
4 stars 2020: Kedama - The Complete Collection -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mT1Kb40uTcUNeKTXRMaxnJq_cpqxRfYGk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mT1Kb40uTcUNeKTXRMaxnJq_cpqxRfYGk

Date Posted: November 12 2022 at 07:00
Kjol: a cool Jazz-Rock band for a warm Sunny Day of off-piste skiing in the Swiss Alps, but watch out for the snowfalls and snowballs.  Smile

3 stars 1979; Kjol - Take It On -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfrMM4Mw8wU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfrMM4Mw8wU
3 stars 1981: Brigeen Doran's Kjol - Sunny Day

Date Posted: November 12 2022 at 07:10
... [QUOTE=Psychedelic Paul]
It's just a pity all of the lyrics are sung in the band's native French, instead of English - the universal language of prog. Smile

I'm sad that you feel that way, Paul! I for one much prefer that a band sing in their native tongue! I find the exposure/experience much more edifying, enlightening, and genuine!

P.S. This is quite an endeavor you've undertaken! All for one country! Do you plan to offer the same attention and love to every country? It's a worthy consideration though might, I think, prove exhausting.

-------------
Drew Fisher

Date Posted: November 12 2022 at 07:15
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

It's just a pity all of the lyrics are sung in the band's native French, instead of English - the universal language of prog. Smile

I'm sad that you feel that way, Paul! I for one much prefer that a band sing in their native tongue! I find the exposure/experience much more edifying, enlightening, and genuine!

You may not feel that way if you heard the Symphonic Prog of Mister Robot, where all of the lyrics are sung in their native Russian. Do Svidaniya. Smile

Date Posted: November 12 2022 at 07:22

P.S. This is quite an endeavor you've undertaken! All for one country! Do you plan to offer the same attention and love to every country? It's a worthy consideration though might, I think, prove exhausting.

Well, I've already covered classic Dutch Prog and classic Japanese Psych in their entirety, and next up are all of the East European artists in my Prague Archives blog, so that should keep me busy for awhile. How about an Aussie prog blog, featuring artists from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder? Smile

Date Posted: November 13 2022 at 02:44

Well, I've already covered classic Dutch Prog and classic Japanese Psych in their entirety, and next up are all of the East European artists in my Prague Archives blog, so that should keep me busy for awhile. How about an Aussie prog blog, featuring artists from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder?  Smile

If you do one on the wallabies, make sure you invte the kiwis as well

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Date Posted: November 13 2022 at 02:56

Well, I've already covered classic Dutch Prog and classic Japanese Psych in their entirety, and next up are all of the East European artists in my Prague Archives blog, so that should keep me busy for awhile. How about an Aussie prog blog, featuring artists from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder?  Smile

If you do one on the wallabies, make sure you invte the kiwis as well

Definitely! New Zealanders and Tasmanians will both be more than welcome to join me with a six-pack 'round the barbie. G'day mate!

Date Posted: November 13 2022 at 07:15

You may not feel that way if you heard the Symphonic Prog of Mister Robot, where all of the lyrics are sung in their native Russian. Do Svidaniya. Smile

I have to admit that Russian does not sound as nice of a fit for the prog lexicon as some other languages, but cut Alexei some slack! He is a serious, up-and-coming artist. I watch him and his output with serious interest (and hope)!

-------------
Drew Fisher

Date Posted: November 14 2022 at 01:58

Definitely! New Zealanders and Tasmanians will both be more than welcome to join me with a six-pack 'round the barbie. G'day mate!

you'll have to find a better (read bad) play on words for title to open that blog LOL

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Date Posted: November 14 2022 at 02:44

you'll have to find a better (read bad) play on words for title to open that blog LOL

How about The Wizards of Aussie Prog for a snappy blog title? Ermm

And on the subject of snappy titles, Are You Ready for Krokodil: a Swiss Krautrock outfit that you can really get your teeth into. Smile

4 stars 1969: Krokodil - Krokodil -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nZ-6-sp64jm37XrvvxQ-jJ6OOo_rZYkOA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nZ-6-sp64jm37XrvvxQ-jJ6OOo_rZYkOA
4 stars 1970: Krokodil - Swamp -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mj6p-KWTpZZycl-qvPO0tRMN1yNFjlWlo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mj6p-KWTpZZycl-qvPO0tRMN1yNFjlWlo
5 stars 1971: Krokodil - An Invisible World Revealed -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lsKuxmba5cOlFtaUD3haGEBxWte7Nv57A" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lsKuxmba5cOlFtaUD3haGEBxWte7Nv57A
4 stars 1972: Krokodil - Getting Up for the Morning -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l5CFpCscpbiFnSE5D-kEdUzcX4VhkyHP0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l5CFpCscpbiFnSE5D-kEdUzcX4VhkyHP0
3 stars 1973: Krokodil - Sweat and Swim -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mhwRwsl1H96VGond80barTwQixDvOYbhE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mhwRwsl1H96VGoNd80barTwQixDvOYbhE
4 stars 2005: Krokodil - The Psychedelic Tapes -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_khBI0X3izJ2NMitk2O-QkRpuYx3kGrKMI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_khBI0X3izJ2NMitk2O-QkRpuYx3kGrKMI
3 stars 2007: Krokodil - Are You Ready for Krokodil -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mDs6rXjeK2eGXwEUzuz0PxBscd7N_Q2-I" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mDs6rXjeK2eGXwEUzuz0PxBscd7N_Q2-I
4 stars 2014: Krokodil - The First Recordings -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_laU66if-I4sWoZo0lnVvCkxGWZUBLnST4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_laU66if-I4sWoZo0lnVvCkxGWZUBLnST4
4 stars 2020: Krokodil - An Invisible World Returns
3 stars 2021: Krokodil - Another Time

Date Posted: November 15 2022 at 00:36
Berne, baby Berne! Are you ready for some funky Jazz-Rock, courtesy of Lost Peace, a lost and found one-album band from Berne in Switzerland? Beer

1977: Lost Peace - Lost Peace -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9SXkG5AfVc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9SXkG5AfVc

Date Posted: November 16 2022 at 01:46
5 stars  1975: MAGIC SPELL - Is There Anywhere a Gas Station? (Symphonic Prog  Switzerland) -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZWmccEP00" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZWmccEP00

This outstanding Symphonic Prog album definitely cast its magical spell on me. It's firing on all cylinders with a full tank of gas! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 17 2022 at 01:50
Mainhorse aren't exactly a household name, even in their native Switzerland, but if there's one main thing they'll be remembered for, it's the first band to feature keyboard wizard Patrick Moraz. Thumbs Up

4 stars 1971: Mainhorse - Mainhorse -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Su3djAwGzs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Su3djAwGzs

Date Posted: November 18 2022 at 02:31
4 stars 1971: McChurch Soundroom - Delusion -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3HnPMVEj0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3HnPMVEj0

Jeepers Creepers! It's another rare psychedelic treasure unearthed from the Swiss underground, just like the creepy melting skull on the album cover. Don't have nightmares.  Dead

Date Posted: November 19 2022 at 02:34
Monseigneur: a Swiss Prog Folk band that's as obscure as a black dog at night in a coalhouse. Smile

1979: Monseigneur - Monseigneur -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTKF_rjrZg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTKF_rjrZg

Date Posted: November 20 2022 at 02:16

Joel is actually Brussels and is/was the mindmaster of Brainticket

Thanks for letting me know. I've now replaced Belgian Joel Vandroogenbroek in the Swiss Roll playlist with an obscure Krautrock band called Deaf with their one and only album "Alpha", which sounds like it was recorded in someone's garage, so I'm guessing that's where the term "Garage Rock" originated from.   Smile 

3 stars 1972: Deaf - Alpha -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QOvsXeHuA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QOvsXeHuA

Coming up next...... the keyboard pizzazz of Mr. Patrick Moraz! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 22 2022 at 10:40
Swiss keyboard wizard Patrick Moraz certainly knows his way around the keys, having begun with his first band Mainhorse in 1969 and then forming the band Refugee with two "refugees" from The Nice in 1974. In that same year, he played on the YES Relayer album as a replacement for Rick Wakeman, who went on to even greater things with the launch of his spectacular solo career. Patrick Moraz' solo career began in 1976 with his acclaimed "Story of I" album, but he also found the time to join the Moody Blues in 1978 through to 1991. Whether he was ever a full-time member of the Moody Blues or a hired hand would take a court case to decide. In "The Music Trial of the Century" (21 parts long and still on YouTube) Moraz was offered $400,000 to settle out of court, but decided to pursue the case through the courts anyway and was eventually awarded $77,000 in compensation from the defendants. There' a moral to that story somewhere. Wink

4 stars 1976: Patrick Moraz - The Story of I -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nZupj_nPr8lDbOn5lLKpoMqkFRn1ZOwI4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nZupj_nPr8lDbOn5lLKpoMqkFRn1ZOwI4
3 stars 1977: Patrick Moraz - Out in the Sun -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHeP8nypTBzJLcA3BpyGzhan9xDKOWf1Q" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kHeP8nypTBzJLcA3BpyGzhan9xDKOWf1Q
3 stars 1978: Patrick Moraz - Patrick Moraz -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k2wIgldVBFE8qq5o8s9gtM9udjyFgRVP4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k2wIgldVBFE8qq5o8s9gtM9udjyFgRVP4
3 stars 1979: Patrick Moraz - Future Memories: Live on TV
3 stars 1980: Patrick Moraz & Syrinx - Coexistence -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n8P-IivJkSZMsuYAMdIHp_Y2ccta6Hy3k" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n8P-IivJkSZMsuYAMdIHp_Y2ccta6Hy3k
3 stars 1983: Moraz-Bruford - Music for Piano & Drums -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n0-aR66J326b3MqtYStrV6eg0POOpWiFM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n0-aR66J326b3MqtYStrV6eg0POOpWiFM
4 stars 1984: Patrick Moraz - Future Memories II -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfCCkhCfls" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfCCkhCfls
2 stars 1984: Patrick Moraz - Timecode
3 stars 1985: Moraz-Bruford - Flags -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mQAtZCjPfoHOJDGmhw5KgEcEntlo3n7cQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mQAtZCjPfoHOJDGmhw5KgEcEntlo3n7cQ
4 stars 1987: Patrick Moraz - Human Interface
3 stars 1994: Patrick Moraz - Windows of Time -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k7PXjduI9tD4kS2bvtDNrsHojYrEsCOnI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k7PXjduI9tD4kS2bvtDNrsHojYrEsCOnI
                 2000: Patrick Moraz - Resonance
                 2003: Patrick Moraz - ESP
3 stars 2009: Patrick Moraz - Change of Space
3 stars 2009: Moraz-Bruford - Live in Tokyo 1985 -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kn8Id4YBT5L-O2HkftoqhFTk74FIPDTXE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kn8Id4YBT5L-O2HkftoqhFTk74FIPDTXE
3 stars 2015: Moraz Alban Project - MAP -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lxQfSk5WKQM5cayoO_qoty6eGaGXdZbBk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lxQfSk5WKQM5cayoO_qoty6eGaGXdZbBk

Patrick Moraz - Future Memories II

Some of Patrick Moraz' costumes in the above concert are as extravagantly colourful as the Swiss Guards below, who don't appear to know the meaning of the word "camouflage". Tongue

Date Posted: November 23 2022 at 04:29
Following on from Patrick Moraz - probably the best-known Swiss prog artist of all time - we're back to plumbing the depths of obscure Swiss bands again for the  short-lived Symphonic Prog band, Nautilus - not to be confused with a German band of the same name. 

4 stars 1978: Nautilus - 20,000 Miles Under the Sea -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7X_tmsX6c4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7X_tmsX6c4
3 stars 1980: Nautilus - Space Storm -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqG1u3fdze8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqG1u3fdze8

Date Posted: November 24 2022 at 05:18
Get ready to trip out to the spooky sound of Swiis Krautrock band Pacific Sound with their one and only album, "Forget Your Dream" - but don't forget your Tangerine Dream! Smile

4 stars 1972: Pacific Sound - Forget Your Dream -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKiZnHdFzq0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKiZnHdFzq0

Date Posted: November 25 2022 at 03:07
Can prog get any more obscure than Plamp!? A little-known Eclectic Prog band from the Swiss alpine town of Chur  that no one outside of Switzerland will have heard of either.  It's a good album though with the lyrics in both English and Swiss. Yodel-Ay-Hee-Hoo! Thumbs Up

4 stars 1978: Plamp - Und Uberhaupt (And at All) -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedpHBNUlz4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedpHBNUlz4

Chur, Switzerland

Date Posted: November 26 2022 at 01:43
4 stars 1972: Pyranha - Pyranha 

Pyranha: an obscure and jazzy Krautrock outfit that you can really get your teeth into. Big smile

Date Posted: November 28 2022 at 03:45
Shiver me timbers, it's The Shiver, a Psychedelic Rock band who disappeared down a Swiss rabbit hole after releasing just one amazing album, until being unearthed for a CD reissue in 2004. Smile

5 stars 1969: The Shiver -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6Dp1RVVwo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6Dp1RVVwo

Date Posted: November 29 2022 at 03:01
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the great recommendation! I'm delighted to say Sicher more than lived up to expectations. Thumbs Up

5 stars 1981: Sicher -  Sicher -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHz5VmRgB88" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHz5VmRgB88

Date Posted: November 30 2022 at 08:14
Spartacus formed in the idyllic setting of Lake Bodensee on the Swiss/German border, which is not so idyllic if you're an up-and-coming prog band hoping to be discovered and your only album is a sub-standard live bootleg recording. Confused

3 stars  1979: SPARTACUS - Spartacus (Progressive Rock  Switzerland) -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gj-2S_Jdc" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gj-2S_Jdc

Date Posted: December 05 2022 at 08:21
Why not try the refreshing sound of Tea to give you a caffeine boost in the morning. Smile

4 stars 1974: Tea - Tea -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l70N-3T4xtXg3FgXQVZAxFCZ14hyJJ7_0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l70N-3T4xtXg3FgXQVZAxFCZ14hyJJ7_0
4 stars 1975: Tea - The Ship -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mEDGOutUTsodPoBcY0AnSOWiR9Jx-ihDA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mEDGOutUTsodPoBcY0AnSOWiR9Jx-ihDA
3 stars 1976: Tea - Tax Exile -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ngaYBSnB19gHgv61Wesdxjbs8RoR1XXYs" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ngaYBSnB19gHgv61Wesdxjbs8RoR1XXYs
4 stars 2007: Tea - Reloaded -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nzbbrUefd-gagPH3hjPA7FNV1EWQ4jdhE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nzbbrUefd-gagPH3hjPA7FNV1EWQ4jdhE

Date Posted: December 05 2022 at 11:19
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

+

Circus is one of my favorite less known bands especially Movin On

Thumbs Up

Good move Dr Wu

Date Posted: December 08 2022 at 10:22
Toad: a Swiss Hard Rock band with a croaky-voiced singer and the best group of amphibians since the frog chorus on The Muppet Show, ribbit, ribbit. 

4 stars 1970: Toad - B.U.F.O. -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kKRi9OZZa4Z2ePg3D4Tk7faqgmsj9GsiM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kKRi9OZZa4Z2ePg3D4Tk7faqgmsj9GsiM
4 stars 1971: Toad - Toad -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m5JeLQLIALIydzScAsjIQmA4l3VieJhuI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m5JeLQLIALIydzScAsjIQmA4l3VieJhuI
3 stars 1972: Toad - Tomorrow Blue -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lTG4sCkH0amfCE-PjYQncHE8g0485nsvg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lTG4sCkH0amfCE-PjYQncHE8g0485nsvg
4 stars 1972: Toad - Open Fire: Live in Basel -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nW1zMAJ4T4r9cRbmWsuxuDQxV54bQLBNk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nW1zMAJ4T4r9cRbmWsuxuDQxV54bQLBNk
3 stars 1975: Toad - Dreams -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lp0_nhpFTt6SdfRNbhwRUJJytkx_swP08" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lp0_nhpFTt6SdfRNbhwRUJJytkx_swP08
3 stars 1978: Toad - Yearnin' Learnin': Live 1978 -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kGcpVdGgWeRM-b2WAq-sTbG22pru6DQe4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kGcpVdGgWeRM-b2WAq-sTbG22pru6DQe4
3 stars 1993: Toad - Stop This Crime -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mjBrrsuTlu3xRghUKVWGwOicznjo0tM4s" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mjBrrsuTlu3xRghUKVWGwOicznjo0tM4s
3 stars 2004: Toad - Behind the Wheels -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lWoBL_c1-at-BkP4bgXtkufRPUPAupgBY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lWoBL_c1-at-BkP4bgXtkufRPUPAupgBY
4 stars 2006: Toad - The Real Thing -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lg0kP01EdLn4IlYR8f8nT2snEYJ6bv2Ms" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lg0kP01EdLn4IlYR8f8nT2snEYJ6bv2Ms

Date Posted: December 09 2022 at 04:19
Trocarn: a charming Prog Folk band from Switzerland, so long as you don't mind all the vocals being sung in the band's native French. If you only listen to one Trocarn song, then check out the 20-minute majestic epic below from their very welcome comeback album: the imaginatively-titled, Trocarn II.

3 stars 1977: Trocarn - Trocarn -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGMf0SrJBVZ7YTDUkz2cXd5x" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGMf0SrJBVZ7YTDUkz2cXd5x
4 stars 2007: Trocarn - Trocarn II -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGNxzJMed9tEGqPmve_ofqlQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGNxzJMed9tEGqPmve_ofqlQ
5 stars 2015: Trocarn - Elucubrations -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGP7nGJC_ZWPQZx8l0xCENFn" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGP7nGJC_ZWPQZx8l0xCENFn

Date Posted: December 20 2022 at 11:44
Andreas Vollenweider: a New Age Swiss harpist whose atmospheric music has been described as evoking nature, magic and fairy tales..... Switzerland's answer to Jon Anderson then, who's also known to play the harp on occasion. Smile

4 stars 1979: Andreas Vollenweider - Eine Art Suite in XIII Teilen -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqBu9Q714gg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqBu9Q714gg
4 stars 1981: Andreas Vollenweider - Behind the Gardens, Behind the Wall, Under the Tree -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv2nRuQHSFgsx2sKufqYJ3c8" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv2nRuQHSFgsx2sKufqYJ3c8
4 stars 1982: Andreas Vollenweider - Caverna Magica -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv0HhHUdA04j3Yvp2aVt9xUA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv0HhHUdA04j3Yvp2aVt9xUA
3 stars 1984: Andreas Vollenweider - White Winds (Seeker's Journey) -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lIlPCjuH1JxhxcEpxCHKNNO0RR-xvKsro" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lIlPCjuH1JxhxcEpxCHKNNO0RR-xvKsro
4 stars 1986: Andreas Vollenweider - Down to the Moon -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m7Xgtv8FJeWD3GExHtOzjG3LW7m1zij5k" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m7Xgtv8FJeWD3GExHtOzjG3LW7m1zij5k
4 stars 1988: Andreas Vollenweider - Dancing with the Lion -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k8D5VhSpwit1LQ5TawCBJnIt2qOaOKKxM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k8D5VhSpwit1LQ5TawCBJnIt2qOaOKKxM
4 stars 1990: Andreas Vollenweider & Hans Vollenweider - Traumgarten -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k2APsPAt6MRosnfJHbozWZ984B1HJchYU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k2APsPAt6MRosnfJHbozWZ984B1HJchYU
4 stars 1991: Andreas Vollenweider - Book of Roses -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lAcZql_Hr1Wt6-EPMsHMr7Rs-A-mb9LhM" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lAcZql_Hr1Wt6-EPMsHMr7Rs-A-mb9LhM
4 stars 1993: Andreas Vollenweider - Eolian Minstrel -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m6zsVSWfg7Z3dOwLVyYOlJfpG7Pn3-Hzc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m6zsVSWfg7Z3dOwLVyYOlJfpG7Pn3-Hzc
4 stars 1995: Andreas Vollenweider & Friends - Live in Santiago, Chile -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRz13y9I6EY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRz13y9I6EY
4 stars 1997: Andreas Vollenweider - Kryptos -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mYtue6N1B1wrQ0x8VEsIoTARCTPqiPqwY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mYtue6N1B1wrQ0x8VEsIoTARCTPqiPqwY
3 stars 1999: Andreas Vollenweider - Cosmopoly -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mSlU2sAXcgzC7PBHK07yc3vEyVJhocnaA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mSlU2sAXcgzC7PBHK07yc3vEyVJhocnaA
4 stars 2004: Andreas Vollenweider - Vox -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mOopo2ziSfqAVt78DXwuGlZ2YSGT7piuU" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mOopo2ziSfqAVt78DXwuGlZ2YSGT7piuU
4 stars 2006: Andreas Vollenweider - Midnight Clear -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv0JLS4Xv1ABmX27Rf1V0mDY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv0JLS4Xv1ABmX27Rf1V0mDY
4 stars 2006: Andreas Vollenweider & Friends - The Magical Journey -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhswAadCgvY" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhswAadCgvY
3 stars 2009: Andreas Vollenweider - Air -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv2sJOmwNcHIbg705TYuXUxJ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUyrqiNADJv2sJOmwNcHIbg705TYuXUxJ
3 stars 2020: Andreas Vollenweider - Quiet Places -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nItQuSU6dsiXCeQKX85_uZgjeNvWPwpqo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nItQuSU6dsiXCeQKX85_uZgjeNvWPwpqo
4 stars 2022: Andreas Vollenweider - Slow Flow & Dancer -  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ltAy74hX4-wHNI32JkIwBcUAn5v59LGyk" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ltAy74hX4-wHNI32JkIwBcUAn5v59LGyk

There's just one more Swiss artist to go now before the cuckoo clock strikes midnight tomorrow, and they'll no doubt make a very Welcome addition to round off this blog. Smile

Date Posted: December 20 2022 at 16:19

Switzerland's answer to YES with a singer who sounds remarkably like Chris Squire!

5 stars 1976: Welcome - Welcome -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Wa9Nbketo&t=1s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Wa9Nbketo&t=1s
4 stars 1979: Welcome - You're Welcome -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8RL8Qwu3Is&t=2s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8RL8Qwu3Is&t=2s

Five months, forty artists and over one hundred albums later, that's all folks!

Date Posted: January 03 2023 at 07:33
My Top 14 Swiss Prog Albums:-

5 stars 1976: Alpha to Omega - A Life -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qs1n0n7lQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qs1n0n7lQ
5 stars 2019: Clepsydra - The Gap -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqKXPz16tg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqKXPz16tg
5 stars 1982: Dragonfly - Dragonfly -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOTX-g3khQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOTX-g3khQ
5 stars 2017: Ertlif - Relics from the Past: Unreleased Recordings 1974-1975 -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwfikT3Mbc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwfikT3Mbc
5 stars 1975: Exit - Exit  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDXfj8-zyR4" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDXfj8-zyR4
5 stars 1979: Flame Dream - Elements -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-1lxoI7Ww" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-1lxoI7Ww
5 stars 1979: Kashmir - Alarme! -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw704P_Mi7M" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw704P_Mi7M
5 stars 1971: Krokodil - An Invisible World Revealed -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lsKuxmba5cOlFtaUD3haGEBxWte7Nv57A" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lsKuxmba5cOlFtaUD3haGEBxWte7Nv57A
5 stars 1975: Magic Spell - Is There Anywhere a Gas Station? -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZWmccEP00" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?
5 stars 1969: The Shiver - Walpurgis -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6Dp1RVVwo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6Dp1RVVwo
5 stars 1981: Sicher -  Sicher -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHz5VmRgB88" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHz5VmRgB88
5 stars 2015: Trocarn - Elucubrations -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGP7nGJC_ZWPQZx8l0xCENFn" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHcS7tqy6yGP7nGJC_ZWPQZx8l0xCENFn
5 stars 1976: Welcome - Welcome -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Wa9Nbketo&t=1s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Wa9Nbketo&t=1s

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk