Forum Description: Introduce yourself and tell us what prog music you listen to
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12970
Printed Date: April 30 2024 at 01:15
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Greetings from México
Posted By: eduardossc
Subject: Greetings from México
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 13:25

Well, I´m not a newbie anymore. However, I still feel like the very first day and everyday more excited for participating in the forums.

I´m 30 years old and have been listening to prog since I was 16 when I met Genesis. The first song I loved from their music was "Tonight". Then I started buying older albums. When I was 19 I worked in one of my father´s records stores. There I had the chance to listen to every classic band´s album. That happened in a period of no more than 4 months. It was overwhelming, but also very fortunate.

Obviously, my favourite band is Genesis. I´ve loved many themes by Crimson, Floyd, Yes, ELP, Gentle, Tull, Van Der Graaf, PFM, Banco, Porcupine, Metamorfosi, Museo Rosenbach, Quella vechia la locanda, Locanda delle fate, Periferia del mondo, Rush,...etc.

For many years I stoped listening to prog. And actually didn´t care about music, either pop, rock or prog. ...Some months ago I started playing my dusty albums again. I even started writing a reviews page. I must have written the equivalent to some 100 "word" pages so far.

I´ve heard some "new" prog bands like Porcupine, Spock´s, Transatlantic, Flower Kings but I really like only Porcupine. The rest sounds to me a little generic.

My english is not as good as I wish it was. In most of my reviews I always feel I could have been more explicit. And many times I have to change the whole line because I don´t know how to spell a word or just am not sure the structure is correct.

Anyway. I really feel happy for finding this site, which I consider the "bible" of prog. It´s like a disneyland for prog lovers. 

Replies:
Posted By: margaret
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 13:52
Originally posted by eduardossc eduardossc wrote:

Well, I�m not a newbie anymore. However, I still feel like the very first day and everyday more excited for participating in the forums.

I�m 30 years old and have been listening to prog since I was 16 when I met Genesis. The first song I loved from their music was "Tonight". Then I started buying older albums. When I was 19 I worked in one of my father�s records stores. There I had the chance to listen to every classic band�s album. That happened in a period of no more than 4 months. It was overwhelming, but also very fortunate.

Obviously, my favourite band is Genesis. I�ve loved many themes by Crimson, Floyd, Yes, ELP, Gentle, Tull, Van Der Graaf, PFM, Banco, Porcupine, Metamorfosi, Museo Rosenbach, Quella vechia la locanda, Locanda delle fate, Periferia del mondo, Rush,...etc.

For many years I stoped listening to prog. And actually didn�t care about music, either pop, rock or prog. ...Some months ago I started playing my dusty albums again. I even started writing a reviews page. I must have written the equivalent to some 100 "word" pages so far.

I�ve heard some "new" prog bands like Porcupine, Spock�s, Transatlantic, Flower Kings but I really like only Porcupine. The rest sounds to me a little generic.

My english is not as good as I wish it was. In most of my reviews I always feel I could have been more explicit. And many times I have to change the whole line because I don�t know how to spell a word or just am not sure the structure is correct.

Anyway. I really feel happy for finding this site, which I consider the "bible" of prog. It�s like a disneyland for prog lovers.

well I seem to be the designated 'welcomer' today so....welcome. Great taste in music, and it looks like we share the same regard for some of the newer prog.

I agree this is the 'disneyland' for prog lovers. Somewhat surprised that I have posted more here, but over the last couple of days I've been getting addicted to it The people here seem cool, and no one has flamed me (yet) for my views on prog

-------------

Space is dark it is so endless
When you're lost it's so relentless
It is so big, it is small

Posted By: eduardossc
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 14:17

[/QUOTE]

well I seem to be the designated 'welcomer' today so....welcome. Great taste in music, and it looks like we share the same regard for some of the newer prog.

I agree this is the 'disneyland' for prog lovers. Somewhat surprised that I have posted more here, but over the last couple of days I've been getting addicted to it The people here seem cool, and no one has flamed me (yet) for my views on prog [/QUOTE]

What a nice surprise Margaret. I´ve seen your posts in most of the new Polls. I like them

Posted By: margaret
Date Posted: October 12 2005 at 14:34
Originally posted by eduardossc eduardossc wrote:

well I seem to be the designated 'welcomer' today so....welcome. Great taste in music, and it looks like we share the same regard for some of the newer prog. I agree this is the 'disneyland' for prog lovers. Somewhat surprised that I have posted more here, but over the last couple of days I've been getting addicted to it The people here seem cool, and no one has flamed me (yet) for my views on prog [/QUOTE]

What a nice surprise Margaret. I´ve seen your posts in most of the new Polls. I like them

[/QUOTE]

why thank you!    always nice to not be told you are not full of it.

-------------

Space is dark it is so endless
When you're lost it's so relentless
It is so big, it is small

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk