Forum Description: Discuss any topic at all that is not music-related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=130471
Printed Date: May 16 2024 at 13:04
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Republican Thunderdome
Posted By: JD
Subject: The Republican Thunderdome
Date Posted: February 08 2023 at 14:08
Figured I start a thread now since the next two years are gonna be whack !!!
Post your thoughts on the R's eating themselves alive. They wanted civil war, they got it...within their own house.

Read on !

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-shares-ron-desantis-grooming-accusation-meme-governor-defends-him-1779639" rel="nofollow - https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-shares-ron-desantis-grooming-accusation-meme-governor-defends-him-1779639

-------------
Thank you for supporting independently produced music

Replies:
Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: February 08 2023 at 16:56
Considering the depth of Republican criminality and corruption, I wouldn't count on this somehow signaling they are "eating themselves alive"... not yet.   The far Right will do anything if they think they're losing.   Especially if they think they're losing their credibility over the long term, which of course they are.

Ultimately it's who people vote for---  you can't subvert an election without getting some pesky attention as a Fascist criminal.   If New Yorkers vote for a George Santos, they get a George Santos.   If Arkansans vote for a  Sarah Huckabee they get a Sarah Huckabee.   If the country votes Trump back in or gives DeSantis "a chance", then that's who we're stuck with for four years.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Posted By: progaardvark
Date Posted: February 09 2023 at 04:36
I thought it was hilarious how Biden got the Republicans to take social security off the chopping block during the state of the union address. And he did it with such ease. Pretty good for an old coot. Nonetheless, I'm sure they won't give up on that, but it won't look in good in the press now that they're "publicly committed."

But yeah, you're right. Americans get what they deserve if they keep voting in clowns (and dangerous ones I might add) like Santos, Green, Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, DeSantis, and trump.

-------------
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions

Date Posted: February 09 2023 at 08:34
^And T***p is so desperate to get re-elected to avoid the inevitable onslaught of legal peril that he will torch anyone who stands in his way. I'm happy to have a front row seat for that.

-------------

Posted By: suitkees
Date Posted: April 15 2023 at 10:49
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/15/the-modern-republican-party-fascism-robert-reich" rel="nofollow - This Guardian article seems to me quite a good assessment of the state of the Republican party nowadays and thus where the US of A are heading...

-------------

The razamataz is a pain in the bum

Posted By: mathman0806
Date Posted: April 15 2023 at 11:12
Thanks for sharing Kees. Can't disagree withe writer's assessment. I find it scary with the direction of the Republican Party. Moreover, combating these tactics could well undermine Democrats as well in the process. The deterioration of democratic principles because of the "win at all cost" mentality is frightening.

Date Posted: April 15 2023 at 13:29
Republicans have been a W.A.A.C. party since Nixon but it's gotten worse as they see their once firm majority continue to dissolve.   It must be hard for sociopathic criminals to lose elections.

-------------
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 06:57
WOW, last night's debate was full of the GOP eating there own. More like a bunch of squabbling kids than legislators. With the Great Pumpkin so far in the lead, why do they even bother? It's such an obvious fund raising exercise, or maybe audition for a place in Stinky Don's cabinet.

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 10:35
^I would think auditions. You're brave for watching it. My brain can't handle this stuff anymore. This may turn out to be a pivotal election in history because if trump gets in there again, it will change the U.S. in ways that I think are quite scary for not just those of us living here, but for most of the world. They have a manifesto and it's called Project 2025. I don't like the looks of this at all.

-------------
----------

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 12:29
I'm more interested in if UFOs are real...

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 14:32
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

It certainly is a fascinating subject. Something I'd like to dig into a little deeper when I have more free time.

-------------
----------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 15:24
Oh they're real, but I suspect nothing is alien about them.   Most likely secret tech no one wants to share.   Hopefully it is in the hands of friendly governments and not some global criminal network.  

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 15:59
^If that's the case, it's not just secret tech, but new physics too. I understand some of these craft are capable of accelerating from anywhere between 100g to over 5000g without a sonic boom. Or going from 28,000 feet in the air down to sea level in under a second without really causing much disturbance to the sea below it when it stopped. 

-------------
----------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:06
^ Or old physics dating back to the end of WWII related to the secret work of German scientists.  Just conjecture of course, but the timing of the first mass UFO sightings being the late-1940s makes sense.

-------------

Posted By: AFlowerKingCrimson
Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:15
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Oh they're real, but I suspect nothing is alien about them.   Most likely secret tech no one wants to share.   Hopefully it is in the hands of friendly governments and not some global criminal network.  

So you think that out of the millions of stars and galaxies in the universe we are alone? No other intelligent life is out there? That's pretty unlikely imo.

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:29
^ No, I think out of the millions of stars and galaxies in the universe the likelihood of another intelligent & animated species running into each other is tiny.   That may be one reason the place is so big, to avoid encounter.

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 16:58
^Well, that's just it. They aren't "running into" us. They are just spying on us. Wink

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 17:02
You believe extra-Earth beings with craft have been invading airspace, baiting jets & nuclear facilities, and buzzing Navy ships for the past 70 years... why?   For fun?   At this point that seems increasingly unlikely and bizarre.

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 18:20
What's hard to believe is they travel millions of miles, light years possibly and then crash on earth?? Confused As well the further/deeper you go into the galaxy and stars, essentially you are looking into the past...So where are they coming from with spacecraft that can do that from the past?

Also I'd like to know if they fart and what does it smell like.....Nuke

I could give a rats a$S who gets into the White House, they are all absolute morons, its a loose loose scenario. UFOs are what's important.

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 18:33

You believe extra-Earth beings with craft have been invading airspace, baiting jets & nuclear facilities, and buzzing Navy ships for the past 70 years... why?   For fun?   At this point that seems increasingly unlikely and bizarre.

I don't know what their reason is. You'll have to ask them. Imo, the UFOs or UAPs (as the military calls them) aren't from this world. Maybe they are from another dimension or from underground or underwater but I don't think anything that this world is currently capable of can move that fast or do those things. Go to youtube and look up navy ufos or "pentagon declassifies navy UFO videos." If you still think they are some kind of secret military aircraft then fine but why would the navy pilots not know about it or be in on it? That makes no sense. 

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 18:41
^ Navy pilots not knowing makes sense in the context of extreme secrecy (or if the Navy itself doesn't exactly know).   

If gravity could be controlled, you'd be able to develop many other uses than just flying craft at impossible velocities.   You might be able to affect all number of things you hadn't anticipated, things that would appear otherworldly and magical such as levitation, disintegration, "time travel", etc.   But all you'd need was a mastery of gravitational forces.

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:00
^ Did you watch those videos? That technology didn't come from nowhere and imo it's very unlikely that the military or cia or whoever worked with scientists and came up with it in a secretive way. I suppose it's possible but it just seems unlikely to me. One theory suggests (and I'm not saying this is the case either because honestly I don't know either way but unlike you I won't rule anything out) that ufo technology is being used by the military to invent new spacecraft that while made on earth use technology that is extraterrestrial. I know that won't fly with you (pun intended - kind of) because you don't seem to think UFOs have ever been here (crashed or not) in the first place. It's ok. I know a lot of people still don't believe in UFOs. I get it. I don't see any other logical explanation though (at least not one that makes sense to me).

Anyway, congratulations to Catcher for causing us to change the subject since UFOs ostensibly have nothing to do with Republicans (many of them seem like aliens though). Wink

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:19
^ The thing is I've been looking into it for decades so my perspective is one who has been through the looking glass, down the rabbit hole, and back again, and my current thinking is that it is more likely to be human-made stuff than aliens or alien-based backward-engineering.

To your question, I did not watch the material you posted but I will try to as it sounds interesting.   But I've seen most all of it and my simple opinion is that UAPs are real, aliens [particularly alien abductions] are not, and the tech developed has yielded far more than anyone expected.   Not unlike the atomic bomb.

But frankly I'd rather it be aliens, because the possibility that this stuff is in the hands of not just our military but also private groups with nefarious intentions, is terrifying.

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:43
^Well, it's a good and interesting discussion but ultimately I think we'll have to agree to disagree. ;)

Date Posted: September 28 2023 at 19:50
Sure.  

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 07:58

^ The thing is I've been looking into it for decades so my perspective is one who has been through the looking glass, down the rabbit hole, and back again, and my current thinking is that it is more likely to be human-made stuff than aliens or alien-based backward-engineering.

To your question, I did not watch the material you posted but I will try to as it sounds interesting.   But I've seen most all of it and my simple opinion is that UAPs are real, aliens [particularly alien abductions] are not, and the tech developed has yielded far more than anyone expected.   Not unlike the atomic bomb.

But frankly I'd rather it be aliens, because the possibility that this stuff is in the hands of not just our military but also private groups with nefarious intentions, is terrifying.

I'm curious about what led you to your current thinking. Do you have some sources, like some book titles or some articles or websites? Although I haven't had much time in recent months to read, if there is something you can recommend, I'll add it to my "things to read in the future" list. It can be just one or two titles that I can sink my teeth into. Thanks!

-------------
----------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 08:11

What's hard to believe is they travel millions of miles, light years possibly and then crash on earth?? Confused As well the further/deeper you go into the galaxy and stars, essentially you are looking into the past...So where are they coming from with spacecraft that can do that from the past?

Also I'd like to know if they fart and what does it smell like.....Nuke

I could give a rats a$S who gets into the White House, they are all absolute morons, its a loose loose scenario. UFOs are what's important.

If they are human-made, it makes sense that they are crashing. Any new technology has flaws until it can be perfected. But even if they were made by extraterrestrials, the more complex a machine, the more likely it could break down. I don't know. I'm grasping at straws here. But you make a great point.

The fart thing is definitely curious. If we ever have a first contact event on Earth, that should be the first question we ask them. The other thing I'd be curious about (more so than the science) is the arts, especially music. If we can relate to them on farts and music, then that's a good thing.

-------------
----------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 08:13
I'm curious how he came to that conclusion too. I personally believe what I believe in part because I watch a lot of this tv show called paranormal caught on camera and they show all kinds of weird stuff (not just UFOs).  And it's not just one kind of UFO that I've seen on that show. There are so many different kinds. Imo, they can't all be from the government. I highly recommend that show.

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 08:38
Republicans...and aliens. Coincidence? I think not.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:04
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

^Well, that's just it. They aren't "running into" us. They are just spying on us. Wink

We're way past that. John Carpenter low-key gave us the spiel back in '88.

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:07
^LOL  Classic 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper reference. A great Canadian Wrestler.
Gotta get me some of those shades !

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:09
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

^If that's the case, it's not just secret tech, but new physics too. I understand some of these craft are capable of accelerating from anywhere between 100g to over 5000g without a sonic boom. Or going from 28,000 feet in the air down to sea level in under a second without really causing much disturbance to the sea below it when it stopped. 

I want to know if they can brew me a cup of joe that does this...

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 10:11
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^LOL  Classic 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper reference. A great Canadian Wrestler.
Gotta get me some of those shades !

An all-around cool guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him many years ago. Hard to believe he's gone.

I also love Hell Comes to FrogtownClap

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 14:46

I'm curious how he came to that conclusion too. I personally believe what I believe in part because I watch a lot of this tv show called paranormal caught on camera and they show all kinds of weird stuff (not just UFOs).  And it's not just one kind of UFO that I've seen on that show. There are so many different kinds. Imo, they can't all be from the government. I highly recommend that show.

I watch some of that stuff....one of my sons is all into the govt hearings of late. He clearly believes it's "true"......
For me I've been interested in UFO's most of my life. I was probably the only one on my block that was excited when the show Project UFO in the late 70s aired. I think there was another one as well.......

You have pilots from the Navy, AirForce that have run into these things and they can't explain it. My mind has always been open, but I also am one of proof is in the pudding. I fully believe we are not alone, but how far away are these "others". Where we have travelled or explored in space/universe is essentially the same as you walking onto your front porch....that's about as far as we have ventured from mama earth.
Bottom line is we don't have a f**ing clue! We don't even know what questions to ask scientists, I think that is how ignorant we are as humans right now.

-------------

Posted By: omphaloskepsis
Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 15:20

An airborne unidentified balloon is a UFO.   Yes, UFOs are real. 

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:10

I'm curious about what led you to your current thinking. Do you have some sources, like some book titles or some articles or websites? Although I haven't had much time in recent months to read, if there is something you can recommend, I'll add it to my "things to read in the future" list. It can be just one or two titles that I can sink my teeth into. Thanks!

You bet--   almost anything by Joseph P. Farrell, particularly Saucers,Swastikas,and Psy-Ops .

Now, I am not a conspiracy guy, it's just that the UAP human explanation makes much more sense to me than the alien one.   That is a stretch, no doubt, but I think after all these decades of legitimate UFO sightings and all the research I've looked into, it just doesn't feel like aliens anymore, and closer to a hidden science that is so closely guarded it doesn't matter what the public think as long as the technology is kept secret.

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:23

I looked at your suggested 'Pentagon declassifies UFO navy videos' stuff and it's footage I'm familiar with---  some of it is fascinating like the rotating gyro-craft off the side of the jet with the pilot's descriptions, much of it is grainy, vague and of poor quality.   The point is not that these craft do things that aren't supposed to be possible, but that their patterns of behavior are emerging more as human harassment, intimidation and vandalism rather than aliens who are here for some mysterious purpose.

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:33

I looked at your suggested 'Pentagon declassifies UFO navy videos' stuff and it's footage I'm familiar with---  some of it is fascinating like the rotating gyro-craft off the side of the jet with the pilot's descriptions, much of it is grainy, vague and of poor quality.   The point is not that these craft do things that aren't supposed to be possible, but that their patterns of behavior are emerging more as human harassment, intimidation and vandalism rather than aliens who are here for some mysterious purpose.

Did someone say that last part (about the human harassment) or is that just your opinion? I'm basically wondering how you came to that conclusion. 

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:37
The 'human harassment' is my opinion based on what I've learned, my own independent observations, and of course reading guys like Joseph Farrell.

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 16:42

You bet--   almost anything by Joseph P. Farrell, particularly Saucers,Swastikas,and Psy-Ops .

Now, I am not a conspiracy guy, it's just that the UAP human explanation makes much more sense to me than the alien one.   That is a stretch, no doubt, but I think after all these decades of legitimate UFO sightings and all the research I've looked into, it just doesn't feel like aliens anymore, and closer to a hidden science that is so closely guarded it doesn't matter what the public think as long as the technology is kept secret.

All fair points. Thanks for the recommended reading. Much appreciated. Thumbs Up

-------------
----------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 17:09

The 'human harassment' is my opinion based on what I've learned, my own independent observations, and of course reading guys like Joseph Farrell.

UFOs have been sighted by military aircraft since the 40s so that means that secret service men have been flying around in these high powered gravity defying aircraft and harassing the airforce (or navy pilots) for over 65-70 years. And they are still doing it! Wow, they really hold grudges don't they? Wink

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 17:40
LOL   Well I doubt thems secret servicemen were inside the high-powered gravity defying aircraft, that could be dangerous, I'm thinking more like unmanned craft.  

But that may not be the issue.   Let's put it this way: what if a group of people, say highly skilled independent contractors & scientists with special knowledge, decided to give the middle finger to the governments that had hired them to research & develop this stuff, kept the best parts to themselves and one day said "Let's do our own thing--  No allegiance to nation, no physical homeland, little fear from the militaries of the world".  

Waaay too James Bond/Spectre, I know, and I'm not saying I believe that is the case.  But it or something resembling it seems more plausible at this point in history than non-humans from somewhere else.

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 17:49
Unmanned aircraft? Well, that's possible. We do have drones after all. Plus radio controlled airplanes have been around a while. I'm just not sure they could do all that but who knows. 

I don't know if it sounds more plausible; at least not to me. I think many of us have just been so  conditioned to think aliens and flying saucers are things from science fiction and stuff crazy people think that many people won't even take it seriously or even consider it as an option and I find that to be very unfortunate. 

I just don't think what you say above makes sense considering how long UFOs and flying saucers and UAPs and space craft that can disappear in a split second and go ten times faster than anything we know of.  My personal opinion is that it's quite possible that there has been a big cover up and the government probably knows more than they let on. Maybe you and I can agree at least on that much.

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 18:03
Many governments surely know more than they let on, but many have also openly discussed the phenomena long before the recent parade of wide-eyed "witnesses" that appeared in Washington, and it must be considered a 'clear and present danger' by any serious govt. official .  

There is something going on and it ain't skinny grey men in saucers who want to violate you.

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 18:21
No, they are green men (and females) and they need to go on a diet. Tongue

Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 19:44
How many politicians have we had since the mid 60's?? And you tell me none of them have talked or will talk after retiring, or write a book?? Makes no sense, remember they are ALL MORONS!! I seriously doubt all of them are under a govt NDA for life.
Regarding UFO, or whatever I don't think there is a cover up........I don't think if one has crashed they have the wreckage.
I'm more inclined to believe aliens live among us, the level of intelligence to travel here a gazillion light years away they posses intelligence that we probably will never comprehend, I doubt we can even fantasize about that level of intelligence.

-------------

Posted By: siLLy puPPy
Date Posted: September 29 2023 at 20:29

No, they are green men (and females) and they need to go on a diet. Tongue

-------------

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 05:29
I'll see your Steve Vai and raise you Classic Nouveau

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 06:49
And i'll raise you some Scary Little Green Men!

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 08:00
I'll call.

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 08:04
OK

-------------

Posted By: CosmicVibration
Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 09:26

wow, has this tread deviated. I was actually contemplating on starting a thread on the UFO, USO, UAP phenomena. But then I would feel obligated to keep up on that thread.  Maybe someone would like to start one Big smile

Just a little over a week ago NASA had a briefing on the UAP study they commissioned over a year ago.  You can probably see the replay on the NASA web site.  They are allocating more resources and proceeding with further investigations as well as encouraging the public to get involved.

The stigma of reporting or simply mentioning a siting is disintegrating rapidly.  Maybe now pilots and other professionals will not be threatened of losing their jobs over reports.

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 10:29
Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

wow, has this tread deviated. I was actually contemplating on starting a thread on the UFO, USO, UAP phenomena. But then I would feel obligated to keep up on that thread.  Maybe someone would like to start one Big smile

Just a little over a week ago NASA had a briefing on the UAP study they commissioned over a year ago.  You can probably see the replay on the NASA web site.  They are allocating more resources and proceeding with further investigations as well as encouraging the public to get involved.

The stigma of reporting or simply mentioning a siting is disintegrating rapidly.  Maybe now pilots and other professionals will not be threatened of losing their jobs over reports.

Without mentioning any names I suspect some on here are reluctant to say they think aliens are real or even the possibility they are real because of the stigma that has been around a long time. So much for the "new age."

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 10:47
I think aliens exist somewhere in the Universe.  I do not think aliens have visited Earth.  Even advanced aliens would be limited by the speed of light, time, distance, lifespan, resources, and technology.  The economic expense would be prohibitive.  The distance between stars is huge, beyond most folk's imaginations...mine included. Wink

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 11:04
^Pretty much the same here.
Statistically, there IS life out there. Now, what does it look like?
I have to believe that any life that has technology capable of that kind of space travel, would, at the very least, have some sort of opposable end effector (call it a hand if you like). Without one, I can't imagine the ability to construct such complex machinery that would be necessary. Even to build the machines that could build the components for such a craft would require some sort of dexterity.
After that, I gotta believe just about anything is possible.

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 11:30

In the NASA report a question of opinion was posed as to whether alien life exits on other planets.  According their mathematical modeling there has to be over a million earth like planets, so it would be foolish to think we are unique and alone. However, the distances required to travel to earth is highly unlikely that anyone visited us.

I think the oversight there is thinking with current technology.  Where will humans be in 100 or 1000 years from now?  Wouldn’t there be civilizations that are even older than that?  Current physics (theoretically) doesn’t prevent us from gaining more distance much faster than light.  Think warp drive and wornholes.  There other possibilities such as time travel, entanglement, maybe even some sort of resonant frequency positioning.

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 19:04

I think the oversight there is thinking with current technology.  Where will humans be in 100 or 1000 years from now?  Wouldn’t there be civilizations that are even older than that?  Current physics (theoretically) doesn’t prevent us from gaining more distance much faster than light.  Think warp drive and wornholes.  There other possibilities such as time travel, entanglement, maybe even some sort of resonant frequency positioning.

Yep, I agree with this. Very good point.

-------------
----------

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 19:45
^ I also agree... I just wonder if that 100 or 1000 years-from-now technology hasn't already revealed itself.  Would a war-weary America, Britain or Russia want to share seemingly magical new capabilities with the rest of humanity after seeing how easily nuclear secrets got out ?

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 20:44

Without mentioning any names I suspect some on here are reluctant to say they think aliens are real or even the possibility they are real because of the stigma that has been around a long time. So much for the "new age."

I'm afraid that's simply untrue, but I'll speak for myself I don't care about stigmas.   As a past 'UFO buff' and big fan of Whitley Strieber's work, especially books like Transformation and Breakthrough not to mention terrific things as The Super Natural and A New World , if it's aliens that's fine with me.   What I'm interested in is reality, and so far, the hard evidence is that these incredible anomalies are more related to people than to beings from other worlds.

-------------

Date Posted: September 30 2023 at 21:26
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

I think aliens exist somewhere in the Universe.  I do not think aliens have visited Earth.  Even advanced aliens would be limited by the speed of light, time, distance, lifespan, resources, and technology.  The economic expense would be prohibitive.  The distance between stars is huge, beyond most folk's imaginations...mine included. Wink

You're assuming alien life would be shackled by the same laws of physics in this sector of space-time.

Portal technologies probably exist which would make navigation throughout the multiverse easy.

Nikola Tesla's greatest contributions to science was that of scalar wave technologies.

Scalar energy transcends both space and time.

Quantum physics exudes completely different laws of universal principles.

Many theories exist including aliens actually living amongst us only in a higher frequency which makes them imperceptible to our five senses. What we call ghosts, spirits etc could really be aliens.

Likewise there are claims of inner Earth civilizations occupied by aliens who have been here even before humans existed.

Our aging process is extremely short due to the inability of our telemeres to reproduce our cells efficiently and every time they do reproduce finds DNA degradation. Aliens would have most likely perfected their 24-strand DNA and have unusually long life spans assuming one evokes Earth time as the standard.

Interdimensionality is the most likely form of ET visitation. ETs simply change their frequency to vibrate at a given coordinate in the space-time continuum. Much like an IP address every space and moment can be accessed this way therefore time travel is possible according to scalar physics.

I think much of what we attribute to being UFOS is actually secret government technologies. Whistleblowers have been warning about Project Bluebeam which is a fake alien invasion for decades. The purpose of this would be to usher in a new world order and one planet government. By suppressing technologies since at least the 1940s they would be able to craft a fake invasion with the aid of sophisticated holographic technologies. Many of these technologies can be verified through patent research.

In reality, it's probably a mix of all the above. Extraterrestrial life surely must exist. Some hypothesize that we all are really hybrids that alien races engineered. The theories are endless and in many ways have plausible premises (if yet unprovable).

One thing i'm sure of and that is that things are never what we think they are. We will all be shocked when we finally learn the truth about what's out there no matter how open minded we may be. In the meantime it's hurry up and wait!

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 05:19
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

You're assuming alien life would be shackled by the same laws of physics in this sector of space-time.

Portal technologies probably exist which would make navigation throughout the multiverse easy.

Nikola Tesla's greatest contributions to science was that of scalar wave technologies.

Scalar energy transcends both space and time.

Quantum physics exudes completely different laws of universal principles.

Many theories exist including aliens actually living amongst us only in a higher frequency which makes them imperceptible to our five senses. What we call ghosts, spirits etc could really be aliens.

Likewise there are claims of inner Earth civilizations occupied by aliens who have been here even before humans existed.

Our aging process is extremely short due to the inability of our telemeres to reproduce our cells efficiently and every time they do reproduce finds DNA degradation. Aliens would have most likely perfected their 24-strand DNA and have unusually long life spans assuming one evokes Earth time as the standard.

Interdimensionality is the most likely form of ET visitation. ETs simply change their frequency to vibrate at a given coordinate in the space-time continuum. Much like an IP address every space and moment can be accessed this way therefore time travel is possible according to scalar physics.

I think much of what we attribute to being UFOS is actually secret government technologies. Whistleblowers have been warning about Project Bluebeam which is a fake alien invasion for decades. The purpose of this would be to usher in a new world order and one planet government. By suppressing technologies since at least the 1940s they would be able to craft a fake invasion with the aid of sophisticated holographic technologies. Many of these technologies can be verified through patent research.

In reality, it's probably a mix of all the above. Extraterrestrial life surely must exist. Some hypothesize that we all are really hybrids that alien races engineered. The theories are endless and in many ways have plausible premises (if yet unprovable).

One thing i'm sure of and that is that things are never what we think they are. We will all be shocked when we finally learn the truth about what's out there no matter how open minded we may be. In the meantime it's hurry up and wait!

I'll address your points... one per post.  You said,

I have University degrees in biology and I'm an RN. I'm not a physicist, quantum physicist, or astrophysicist. I've taken only a few University courses in physics and quantum physics.  Yet, I've kept up with breakthroughs in those three disciplines. I've read around twenty books on the subjects and subscribe to several physics, quantum physics, and astrophysics blogs.   The only times I've encountered scientists postulating different laws of physics are for other universes....if they exist.  

That said, I've read a physicist argue that the "fine structure constant" may vary by 1/100,000 for distant galaxies. The physicist postulated that the strength of electromagnetism is not the same everywhere as it is here on Earth, and seems to vary continuously along a preferred axis through the universe.  However, the 1/100,000 variance would not change the difficulties imposed by the laws of physics, concerning space travel.  Another exception would be that in the first moments after the Big Bang, the laws of physics could have been different. 

Puppy, please provide a hypothesis postulating the point you made.  In all my studies, I've never encountered a physicist who claims that the laws of physics vary within different sectors of space-time in our Universe, enough to change the physics of alien space travel.  I've only seen such a hypothesis ventured if there are other universes. 

In other words, the "Speed of Light" is the same in the Andromeda galaxy as it is in our Milky Way galaxy.  Surely if aliens have visited Earth...they came from within our galaxy.  

Sure, the physics around Black Holes is weird.  But, it's still our black hole universal physics.  And black holes don't provide an avenue for living beings to pass through. The only thing that escapes a black hole's gravitational field is Hawking Radiation.  As you know Puppy, Hawking Radiation is a quantum phenomenon and not an avenue for space travel.  

Sure, wormholes are theoretically possible. But as you know Puppy, the physics of wormholes makes them highly unstable. A wormhole would collapse as soon as you sent anything through one. Sending a photon through a wormhole could collapse it.   Even if an alien could create a wormhole, the expense would be astronomical.  But let's say an alien did create a wormhole.  The odds would be a quadrillion to one that the wormhole would connect our local area of space/time with the aliens' area of space-time.  

I believe other intelligent forms of life exist in our Universe.  I don't think they've visited Earth, because the distances and expenses make such travel prohibitive.  Even if an alien were to travel such a distance...What are the odds that they would travel in Earth's direction?   How would they survive the trip?   

When the media/government goes on a UFO jag,  I believe it's to distract the public from important current issues.  Why are the photosWink always blurry?

Silly Puppy, I'll address your points on Portal and Scalar Wave technology after you address my argument.  I know what Tesla's scalar wave technology is.  I'm not sure what you mean by portal technology. Please be specific. 

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 07:20
^ don't have time to have a major debate about all this. Just threw out some points.

I wasted many days in the university too but what i've found is that those disciplnes are primarily CONTROLLED information that trains us to be a compartmentalized cog in a much larger system. One will learn much more "reality" in the field of engineering than any theoretical sector.

Universities became controlled around the early 1900s as did most educational systems in the Western world therefore all those physicists ans scientists who emerge from Oxford, Cambridge, Yale etc are stuck in a controlled narrative and therefore are not allowed to release any of these upsetting the apple cart discoveries.

The real stuff going on is in the military-industrial complex where Tesla's scalar tech and beyond have been allowed to flourish. These tales come from death's doorstep whistleblowers such as William Thomkens (space program engineer) and Col. Fletcher Prouty who revealed petroleum is not a "fossil" fuel but has been touted as such to maximize profits. The Roswell incident purportedly provided back engineering of alien technology for example. This too is disputed.

In short most of what is regurgitated to us in mainstream science is really nothing more than theoretical and often wrong. Scientists say that they can measure many phenomena such as gravity yet have no idea what it is, where it comes from and the underlying nature of it however they have successfully created anti-gravity waves. A patent was released to the public as open source in 2019 for example. This technology came from SECRET programs not taught in public universities.

Portals. You know. Star Trek, Stargate and pretty much every sci-fi flick that depicts them is actually showing how they work. These have been found in ancient civilizations and have probably been backward engineered for use of the military.

Scalar energy, the fundamental life force found everywhere known as Chi, prana, mana, life force, Pyramid energy, or zero-point energy. All of these are synonymous terms for scalar energy. The real science is spiritual science and shamans have mastered the art of communing with alien consciousness by altering their frequency to match other life forms and therefore have the ability to communicate. Many claim they can alter their frequency by ingesting various plants and can communicate with ET consciousness.

So in essence limiting the possibilities to mere physical criteria in the 3D omits the entire spectrum of possibilities that are where the good stuff occurs. All of this is waaaaaaaay too much to get into here. These conclusions have come from years and years of research mostly outside of establishment approval.

Just saying, gotta think outside the box to find the answers and then NOTHING is guaranteed!
Once again too much to get into and i don't have time to delve into this. Just throwing out some food for thought Wink

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 07:57

I'm afraid that's simply untrue, but I'll speak for myself I don't care about stigmas.   As a past 'UFO buff' and big fan of Whitley Strieber's work, especially books like Transformation and Breakthrough not to mention terrific things as The Super Natural and A New World , if it's aliens that's fine with me.   What I'm interested in is reality, and so far, the hard evidence is that these incredible anomalies are more related to people than to beings from other worlds.

The evidence hasn't proven anything whether that's people, aliens or dogs and cats. We can only speculate.

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 09:37

^ don't have time to have a major debate about all this. Just threw out some points.

I wasted many days in the university too but what i've found is that those disciplnes are primarily CONTROLLED information that trains us to be a compartmentalized cog in a much larger system. One will learn much more "reality" in the field of engineering than any theoretical sector.

Universities became controlled around the early 1900s as did most educational systems in the Western world therefore all those physicists ans scientists who emerge from Oxford, Cambridge, Yale etc are stuck in a controlled narrative and therefore are not allowed to release any of these upsetting the apple cart discoveries.

The real stuff going on is in the military-industrial complex where Tesla's scalar tech and beyond have been allowed to flourish. These tales come from death's doorstep whistleblowers such as William Thomkens (space program engineer) and Col. Fletcher Prouty who revealed petroleum is not a "fossil" fuel but has been touted as such to maximize profits. The Roswell incident purportedly provided back engineering of alien technology for example. This too is disputed.

In short most of what is regurgitated to us in mainstream science is really nothing more than theoretical and often wrong. Scientists say that they can measure many phenomena such as gravity yet have no idea what it is, where it comes from and the underlying nature of it however they have successfully created anti-gravity waves. A patent was released to the public as open source in 2019 for example. This technology came from SECRET programs not taught in public universities.

Portals. You know. Star Trek, Stargate and pretty much every sci-fi flick that depicts them is actually showing how they work. These have been found in ancient civilizations and have probably been backward engineered for use of the military.

Scalar energy, the fundamental life force found everywhere known as Chi, prana, mana, life force, Pyramid energy, or zero-point energy. All of these are synonymous terms for scalar energy. The real science is spiritual science and shamans have mastered the art of communing with alien consciousness by altering their frequency to match other life forms and therefore have the ability to communicate. Many claim they can alter their frequency by ingesting various plants and can communicate with ET consciousness.

So in essence limiting the possibilities to mere physical criteria in the 3D omits the entire spectrum of possibilities that are where the good stuff occurs. All of this is waaaaaaaay too much to get into here. These conclusions have come from years and years of research mostly outside of establishment approval.

Just saying, gotta think outside the box to find the answers and then NOTHING is guaranteed!
Once again too much to get into and i don't have time to delve into this. Just throwing out some food for thought Wink

Fair enough. I agree with your analysis of University teachings. However, one can sift through books and University courses for reality if one does his/her own research and applies logic/critical-thinking skills.  Believe me when I say, " I don't take experts or University teachings at face value.  Not until I verify- via my own research -do I move claimed knowledge over to my current opinion.  Once I'm proven wrong, I simply upgrade my current knowledge/belief system.  My opinion is open for negotiation. 

Nothing wrong with exploring alternative ways to solve problems...the way you do, Silly Puppy.  In fact, real scientific knowledge is built upon the backs of those great men who dared challenge established scientific orthodoxy.  I applaud you.Wink

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 17:03
^ i certainly believe in the scientific method however i've found that it has been highly corruptible into an establishment orthodoxy that we call "scientism."

There are many ways that REAL science has been thwarted. In the USA the Dodd-Frank Act of 1980 basically insured only scientific inquiries approved by a government committee would receive funding. That in tandem with FBI raids of any technologies deemed a threat to "national security" then you have the perfect recipe for tyranny. The latest totalitarian step was crafted by the Trump administration in 2018 when he and every sitting member of Congress passed CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Act) which pretty much ended First Amendment free speech on the internet.

Yeah, i wasn't throwing any "verifiable truth" out there, just some possibilities i've gleaned from many claims.

Ultimately only one's own experience can yield the desired results.

Yes, mainstream education does offer truth but it always presents faux friends dressed up as truth.

It's not easy to navigate this world is it? :D

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 17:44

In the USA the Dodd-Frank Act of 1980 basically insured only scientific inquiries approved by a government committee would receive funding. That in tandem with FBI raids of any technologies deemed a threat to "national security" then you have the perfect recipe for tyranny. The latest totalitarian step was crafted by the Trump administration in 2018 when he and every sitting member of Congress passed CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Act) which pretty much ended First Amendment free speech on the internet.

Keep in mind some of this may be a long-term response by legitimate government to respond to & defend from an unidentified threat, and I don't mean alien space men.  

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 18:08

In the USA the Dodd-Frank Act of 1980 basically insured only scientific inquiries approved by a government committee would receive funding. That in tandem with FBI raids of any technologies deemed a threat to "national security" then you have the perfect recipe for tyranny. The latest totalitarian step was crafted by the Trump administration in 2018 when he and every sitting member of Congress passed CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Act) which pretty much ended First Amendment free speech on the internet.

Keep in mind some of this may be a long-term response by legitimate government to respond to & defend from an unidentified threat, and I don't mean alien space men.  

First of all i messed that up.

It's the Bayh-Dole Act of 1980.

The history of government only points in one general direction and that is to create a said unidentified threat in order to justify another babystep in the totalitarian tiptoe.

If you can sit through a lecture of why this act was enacted then it will become obvious that it was created to protect the interests of the largest corporations that exist.

Although i once erred in the favor of possible good intentions, i can now only see the possible misuse and outright abuse of such legislation and oppose it with every fiber of my being.

The deeper i've gone down the rabbithole only leads to the total abolition of much of the government period and a restructuring of the parts that actual serve we the people.

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 18:34
^ So you're an extremist.

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 18:43
^ if ridding public systems of corruption and holding those accountable for miscreancies against the people is extremist then i guess so. A system forged by slithering serpents cannot be tamed to serve the masses. It can only be abolished and reconstructed to ensure liberty and justice for all. These are basic fundamental principles of American origins before a corporate doppelganger slithered in and presented itself as the real thing. Extreme in the pursuit of truth no matter where it leads? Oh yeah!

-------------

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 20:12

First of all i messed that up.

It's the Bayh-Dole Act of 1980.

The history of government only points in one general direction and that is to create a said unidentified threat in order to justify another babystep in the totalitarian tiptoe.

If you can sit through a lecture of why this act was enacted then it will become obvious that it was created to protect the interests of the largest corporations that exist.

Although i once erred in the favor of possible good intentions, i can now only see the possible misuse and outright abuse of such legislation and oppose it with every fiber of my being.

The deeper i've gone down the rabbithole only leads to the total abolition of much of the government period and a restructuring of the parts that actual serve we the people.

Tiptoe?  I was never really into politics but in the last 3 years it was out in the open and giant steps were taken. There was some resistance and I hope more people see the value of freedom and democracy.

• The World Health Organization's upcoming pandemic treaty and the International Health Regulation (IHR) amendments are part of a global “soft coup” to strip nations of their sovereignty and people of their bodily autonomy and freedom
  • The WHO wants to put into law a requirement that nations must censor their citizens, so that only public health messages aligned with the WHO’s recommendations can be shared
  • The IHR amendments specify that the WHO will dictate which drugs countries must use, and which they cannot, in the event of a pandemic — and possibly outside of pandemics as well
  • The IHRs have been in existence since 1969, but in the current draft of the IHR amendments — the WHO’s recommendations — become edicts that must be followed rather than recommendations that nations can ignore at will
  • The treaty demands the fast-tracking of vaccines, along with liability waivers for vaccine manufacturers. The EU, U.S. and CEPI have already proposed a plan to develop vaccines in 100 days
  • The treaty will apply to all nations that sign on, all the time, even when there are no pandemics

Very important: Introduced in Senate (02/15/2023)

No WHO Pandemic Preparedness Treaty Without Senate Approval Act

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/444?s=1&r=67" rel="nofollow - https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/444?s=1&r=67

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 20:15
looks like were getting back on track to politics..  I see both parties, Republicans and Democrats as 2 sides of the same corrupt coin.  There has to be some good one's in there but it's not always easy to spot.

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 21:07

looks like were getting back on track to politics..  I see both parties, Republicans and Democrats as 2 sides of the same corrupt coin.  There has to be some good one's in there but it's not always easy to spot.

Totally agree. Both parties are basically theatrical representations of the United States Corporation which has tricked everyone into contracting without thus superseding the rights of the Constitution of the Republic.

And you're SPOT ON about the WHO. One of the biggest frauds perpetuated on the planet for the reasons you espoused above and beyond...

-------------

Posted By: Necrotica
Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 21:22

Totally agree. Both parties are basically theatrical representations of the United States Corporation which has tricked everyone into contracting without thus superseding the rights of the Constitution of the Republic.

Agreed. And it doesn't help that both sides have become impenetrable echo chambers who refuse to see each other halfway... especially in online spaces 

-------------
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd

Posted By: I prophesy disaster
Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 22:43

• The World Health Organization's upcoming pandemic treaty and the International Health Regulation (IHR) amendments are part of a global “soft coup” to strip nations of their sovereignty and people of their bodily autonomy and freedom
  • The WHO wants to put into law a requirement that nations must censor their citizens, so that only public health messages aligned with the WHO’s recommendations can be shared
  • The IHR amendments specify that the WHO will dictate which drugs countries must use, and which they cannot, in the event of a pandemic — and possibly outside of pandemics as well
  • The IHRs have been in existence since 1969, but in the current draft of the IHR amendments — the WHO’s recommendations — become edicts that must be followed rather than recommendations that nations can ignore at will
  • The treaty demands the fast-tracking of vaccines, along with liability waivers for vaccine manufacturers. The EU, U.S. and CEPI have already proposed a plan to develop vaccines in 100 days
  • The treaty will apply to all nations that sign on, all the time, even when there are no pandemics

Although it does seem rather Orwellian, I actually kind of agree with it. The purpose of the International Health Regulations, its amendments, and the pandemic treaty is to obligate nations to carry out actions that reduce the risk of deadly infections being spread to the rest of the world. It seems to me that it is mainly the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists who would unequivocally oppose this. I think it's paranoid to think that the World Health Organization have a vested interest in controlling our daily lives. And I do think that when it comes to fighting a deadly pandemic, internet stupidity needs to be curbed.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Date Posted: October 01 2023 at 23:59
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

Agreed. And it doesn't help that both sides have become impenetrable echo chambers who refuse to see each other halfway... especially in online spaces 

On line spaces are not life, they are as you say, "impenetrable echo chambers."   Nothing that is stated or that occurs online is very important or even real, and I wish people would recognize that more often.

"Move out of your parent's basements, it's just a TV show."  --W. Shatner

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 06:58

This sounds similar to some of the claims Steven Greer has made, except I think Greer is just using deeper forms of meditation. Not having the ability to do this myself, I can't vouch for what Greer is doing; just that it's curious.

-------------
----------

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 07:45

This sounds similar to some of the claims Steven Greer has made, except I think Greer is just using deeper forms of meditation. Not having the ability to do this myself, I can't vouch for what Greer is doing; just that it's curious.

I'm not sure about Greer although i know he's a UFO guy, but this is more an ancient tradition used in spiritual practices such as Tibetan Buddhism, ancient Indian culture etc. Some seem to have the ability to "navigate" frequencies thus can access other parallel realities. If our dimension / reality is nothing more than an induced holographic projection to our conscious minds much like depicted in The Matrix movies then it does make a lot of sense. There are enough historical claims to these things to dismiss them outright.

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 10:22
That was fun while it lasted.....Grassyass!

-------------

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 11:06
Who the hell is Steven Greer? Is he worth a google search?

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 11:44
^ Maybe--   he's a very smart retired physician who got into to UFOs decades ago and now claims billions of misappropriated dollars have been spent on secret technology...and that he's seen aliens.   He's a convincing but problematic figure.   But I kinda like him.

-------------

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 12:01

^ Maybe--   he's a very smart retired physician who got into to UFOs decades ago and now claims billions of misappropriated dollars have been spent on secret technology...and that he's seen aliens.   He's a convincing but problematic figure.   But I kinda like him.

That's good enough for me. I'll check him out. Thanks David.

-------------
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 12:07
Hi,

I'm of the thought that America really needs a 3rd party ... and one that will not exactly affiliate itself with the same thing as all that is happening right now. And the amount of misinformation that Congress continues to work on and using taxpayer money for ... however, there is a sad side to all this ... Americans can vote, and many don't and this is a vote for the "other side" ... it's bizarre to see a state with so many "minorities" and they do not dominate anything ... it's down right scary!

I guess it's more Biden's and more Trump's for us all! Just what we wanted! A woman will never get a chance, and another Obame, will also not have a chance for the next 25 to 30 years, or the next generation!

I don't have an answer ... although I hope the "thunderdome" kills off some of the worst contenders for public office, that somehow got "elected"!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 13:31

entanglement

I think pop science has a lot to answer for with it sacrificing the truth for the sake of hype. Although quantum entanglement cannot be understood in classical terms, it is not as strange as commonly portrayed. In particular, quantum entanglement cannot be used to communicate information. That is, if I have a collection of quantum entities, and my partner who is very far from me has the corresponding quantum entangled partners of my quantum entities, then there is nothing I can do to my quantum entities that will have any influence on the results of any measurements my partner performs on her quantum entities. This is the crucial limitation of quantum entanglement that prevents it from being the magical phenomenon suggested by the phrase "spooky action at a distance".

In the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen thought experiment (or Aspect's real experiment), there is no actual communication between the entangled particles. Instead, one has an uncanny correlation between a pair of random particle states that cannot be explained in terms of classical physics. It might seem that the outcome of a measurement of one particle has somehow communicated itself to the other particle, and the use of the phrase "spooky action at a distance" promotes this notion, but this is merely an assumption based on thinking in classical terms. The impossibility of the experimenter to affect the state of one particle by manipulating its entangled partner represents the true limitation of quantum entanglement compared to the hype. It is often said that correlation is not causation. Quantum entanglement is correlation, communication is causation.

Nevertheless, quantum entanglement cannot be understood in classical terms. It requires the concept of a multi-particle quantum state, in particular the quantum superposition of multi-particle states. In the absence of quantum superposition, the correlation between multiple particles that occurs as a result of interaction between the particles can be understood in classical terms. But it is the quantum superposition of correlated multi-particle states that is quantum entanglement, and it is the quantum superposition that is why quantum entanglement can't be understood in classical terms. It should be also noted that a quantum superposition of uncorrelated multi-particle states is not entangled. The point is that measurement of a correlated multi-particle state is the measurement of all the particle states by the measurement of any one of the particle states. And once this measurement has been performed, the multi-particle state is no longer entangled because it is no longer a quantum superposition.

-------------
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 14:03
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

entanglement

I think pop science has a lot to answer for with it sacrificing the truth for the sake of hype. Although quantum entanglement cannot be understood in classical terms, it is not as strange as commonly portrayed. In particular, quantum entanglement cannot be used to communicate information. That is, if I have a collection of quantum entities, and my partner who is very far from me has the corresponding quantum entangled partners of my quantum entities, then there is nothing I can do to my quantum entities that will have any influence on the results of any measurements my partner performs on her quantum entities. This is the crucial limitation of quantum entanglement that prevents it from being the magical phenomenon suggested by the phrase "spooky action at a distance".

In the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen thought experiment (or Aspect's real experiment), there is no actual communication between the entangled particles. Instead, one has an uncanny correlation between a pair of random particle states that cannot be explained in terms of classical physics. It might seem that the outcome of a measurement of one particle has somehow communicated itself to the other particle, and the use of the phrase "spooky action at a distance" promotes this notion, but this is merely an assumption based on thinking in classical terms. The impossibility of the experimenter to affect the state of one particle by manipulating its entangled partner represents the true limitation of quantum entanglement compared to the hype. It is often said that correlation is not causation. Quantum entanglement is correlation, communication is causation.

Nevertheless, quantum entanglement cannot be understood in classical terms. It requires the concept of a multi-particle quantum state, in particular the quantum superposition of multi-particle states. In the absence of quantum superposition, the correlation between multiple particles that occurs as a result of interaction between the particles can be understood in classical terms. But it is the quantum superposition of correlated multi-particle states that is quantum entanglement, and it is the quantum superposition that is why quantum entanglement can't be understood in classical terms. It should be also noted that a quantum superposition of uncorrelated multi-particle states is not entangled. The point is that measurement of a correlated multi-particle state is the measurement of all the particle states by the measurement of any one of the particle states. And once this measurement has been performed, the multi-particle state is no longer entangled because it is no longer a quantum superposition.

Very interesting.  I've always thought there must be a better explanation than "spooky action at a distance".  I couldn't wrap my head around how information could be communicated faster than the speed of light. 
I'll take a long deep dive into quantum entanglement, emphasizing your explanation. Wink

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 16:37

Very interesting.  I've always thought there must be a better explanation than "spooky action at a distance".  I couldn't wrap my head around how information could be communicated faster than the speed of light. 
I'll take a long deep dive into quantum entanglement, emphasizing your explanation. Wink

In my explanation, I avoided the mathematics. But I can say that if a single-particle quantum state is a sum of basis vectors in Hilbert space, then a multi-particle quantum state is a sum of tensor products of the basis vectors of the corresponding single-particle states. Then a multi-particle quantum state is entangled if it is not separable as the tensor product of single-particle quantum states. A measurement of a single particle of a multi-particle system corresponds to forming the inner product of the multi-particle state with the basis vector corresponding to the outcome of the single-particle measurement. If the multi-particle quantum state is a tensor product of single-particle quantum states (ie not entangled), then the quantum state of the remaining unmeasured particles will be unchanged compared to their original quantum state. But if the multi-particle quantum state is a non-separable sum of tensor products (ie entangled), then the quantum state of the remaining unmeasured particles will depend on the outcome of the single-particle measurement. Thus, we have in the case of entangled quantum states the manifestation of correlation and the ability to determine the state of unmeasured particles from a measured particle, in contrast to the non-entangled quantum state without correlation and without the ability to determine the state of unmeasured particles.

I should also mention that quantum mechanics has pure states and mixed states, and these together complicate the above discussion. I have restricted my discussion to pure states.

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 17:02

In my explanation, I avoided the mathematics. But I can say that if a single-particle quantum state is a sum of basis vectors in Hilbert space, then a multi-particle quantum state is a sum of tensor products of the basis vectors of the corresponding single-particle states. Then a multi-particle quantum state is entangled if it is not separable as the tensor product of single-particle quantum states. A measurement of a single particle of a multi-particle system corresponds to forming the inner product of the multi-particle state with the basis vector corresponding to the outcome of the single-particle measurement. If the multi-particle quantum state is a tensor product of single-particle quantum states (ie not entangled), then the quantum state of the remaining unmeasured particles will be unchanged compared to their original quantum state. But if the multi-particle quantum state is a non-separable sum of tensor products (ie entangled), then the quantum state of the remaining unmeasured particles will depend on the outcome of the single-particle measurement. Thus, we have in the case of entangled quantum states the manifestation of correlation and the ability to determine the state of unmeasured particles from a measured particle, in contrast to the non-entangled quantum state without correlation and without the ability to determine the state of unmeasured particles.

I should also mention that quantum mechanics has pure states and mixed states, and these together complicate the above discussion. I have restricted my discussion to pure states.

However you forgot to mention that such claims are merely theoretical given the imperceptible fluxing experienced in quantum observations. Likewise, much of science that is presented to us as "settled" and "factual" is in reality nothing more than the mental masturbatory gymnastics of eggheads who think they can comprehend things that are well beyond the perception of the limitations of the human intelligence. Quantum mechanics is nothing more than a THEORY of the structure and behavior of atoms and molecules. Like many such theories of the modern age, these primarily result from computerized simulations that are dependent upon the data fed by those who provide the input. Given the feeble limitations of the human condition, i would surmise it's next to impossible to provide such speculations with even close to absolute authority and many "accidental" results are often unrepeatable.

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 18:37

However you forgot to mention that such claims are merely theoretical given the imperceptible fluxing experienced in quantum observations. Likewise, much of science that is presented to us as "settled" and "factual" is in reality nothing more than the mental masturbatory gymnastics of eggheads who think they can comprehend things that are well beyond the perception of the limitations of the human intelligence.
Hi,

We had some major issues at UCSB between the Drama Department and the English Department, over Shakespeare. It had to be "classic" which was a romanticized idea that was ... basically ... impossible for an audience that was drunk, standing up and waiting for jokes and gags to laugh ... and it is explained and told to us as some thing that a "pub audience" would never bother to see at all! Then, it would be nothing but a weekend entertainment for a few rich folks ... which didn't sound right either.

The English Dept always raked the impressions and different versions of Shakespeare and they disliked Richard III as a Nazi Dictator, just as much as they did the Midsummer Night's Dream on a kid's park amidst the fun structures! 

In other words, the "ideas" colored the possibility of a reality ever existing, and that is sad ... we end up going back to the scriptures and the bad translations, and horrible newscasting of events some 300 and 400 years later, and imaginary elements created so you CAN NOT HAVE  the experience ... it must be consigned to the specially ranked this and that!

I don't mistrust most of the sciences, but I do think they are too stuck up in themselves sometimes. The "reality" is missing, not that something unreal to us, is not possible, which should be but they will never allow for it ... in the name of education and higher learning ... makes a proper description of piled higher and deeper! (phd).

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: October 02 2023 at 22:37
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I don't mistrust most of the sciences, but I do think they are too stuck up in themselves sometimes. The "reality" is missing, not that something unreal to us, is not possible, which should be but they will never allow for it ... in the name of education and higher learning ... makes a proper description of piled higher and deeper! (phd).

There is good reason to distrust just about EVERYTHING including the sciences. About the only tangible branch of the science is engineering where you must actually learn how to navigate system sciences or suffer the consequences. Even much of biology (my major in college) is riddled with nothing but hypothetical constructs. There is much more wisdom in ancient systems sciences such as Traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurveda and indigenous healing systems than in modern Western biology but much of that is due to the Rockerfellers and Carnegies conspiring about 100 years ago to rid the world of holistic natural healing and replace nature's healing compounds with patented copies. This started with the Flexnor Report in 1910 and ramped up big time in the 1930s with the demonization of cannabis and other natural plant cures. For the most part the scientific method has been replaced by standardized consensus science that only favors profitable patents for major corporations all backed up by the force of the US military and secret service agencies.

-------------

Date Posted: October 03 2023 at 07:16

This started with the Flexnor Report in 1910 and ramped up big time in the 1930s with the demonization of cannabis and other natural plant cures. For the most part the scientific method has been replaced by standardized consensus science that only favors profitable patents for major corporations all backed up by the force of the US military and secret service agencies.

Hi,

Oh, btw, it continues today ... with the corporate rape of the medical community and medicare. I've seen 4 "urologists" and they are all ... you can only call them Flomax Pushers. Cue up Steppenwolf please! And the AMA and Medical Community exempt them from comments and punishments. I finally complained to the AG in the State of Washington who said ... nothing I can do about it. Not my jurisdiction. And you can not reach the AMA to make a comment, since they are the ones telling the institutions to rape Medicare and the American public!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: October 03 2023 at 07:33

Although it does seem rather Orwellian, I actually kind of agree with it. The purpose of the International Health Regulations, its amendments, and the pandemic treaty is to obligate nations to carry out actions that reduce the risk of deadly infections being spread to the rest of the world. It seems to me that it is mainly the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists who would unequivocally oppose this. I think it's paranoid to think that the World Health Organization have a vested interest in controlling our daily lives. And I do think that when it comes to fighting a deadly pandemic, internet stupidity needs to be curbed.

I’m pro-freedom, pro-democracy, pro-choice and pro-science.  Can you see how this goes against all these concepts? I for one, am not willing to give them all up for a fake sense of security.

Date Posted: October 03 2023 at 07:37
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

This started with the Flexnor Report in 1910 and ramped up big time in the 1930s with the demonization of cannabis and other natural plant cures. For the most part the scientific method has been replaced by standardized consensus science that only favors profitable patents for major corporations all backed up by the force of the US military and secret service agencies.

Hi,

Oh, btw, it continues today ... with the corporate rape of the medical community and medicare. I've seen 4 "urologists" and they are all ... you can only call them Flomax Pushers. Cue up Steppenwolf please! And the AMA and Medical Community exempt them from comments and punishments. I finally complained to the AG in the State of Washington who said ... nothing I can do about it. Not my jurisdiction. And you can not reach the AMA to make a comment, since they are the ones telling the institutions to rape Medicare and the American public!

Oh i'm quite aware of all this nonsense. My advice is to find an alternative practitioner who operates outside of the licensing process. I have avoided the established "medical" system all my adult life. They are good for a few things. Emergency care is their specialty but everything else just addressed the symptoms and not the root cause. For those who are "pro-science" they need to ask themselves how that science was performed. Did it adhere to the scientific process or did it simply make assumptions, fudge data and cherry pick results for the sake of rushing something out to market. More often than not it's the latter and almost always the cases in the world of Western medicine. Greed really is the root of all Earthly ills.

-------------

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 03:35
For those who (prefer to) believe in "alternative facts": there is https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/oct/04/escape-from-the-rabbit-hole-the-conspiracy-theorist-who-abandoned-his-dangerous-beliefs" rel="nofollow - still some hope for you...

Getting back to the OP's topic: Republicans https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/03/kevin-mccarthy-oust-republican-house-speaker-vote-result-matt-gaetz" rel="nofollow - continue to inflict chaos on themselves and on the US of A. Are there still Republicans left who work for the well-being of their country?

-------------

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 08:02

Appeals Court Finds Biden Administration Violated The First Amendment When It Pushed For Social Media Censorship

https://reclaimthenet.org/appeals-court-finds-biden-administration-violated-the-first-amendment

Of course the Biden administration wants appeal.  Some may be thinking that it's a good idea because they agree on what's censored.  However, what happens when someone else, let's say Trump gets into office and has his own ideas of what should be censored?
mull on that for a while.

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 09:06
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

For those who (prefer to) believe in "alternative facts": there is https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/oct/04/escape-from-the-rabbit-hole-the-conspiracy-theorist-who-abandoned-his-dangerous-beliefs" rel="nofollow - still some hope for you...

Getting back to the OP's topic: Republicans https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/03/kevin-mccarthy-oust-republican-house-speaker-vote-result-matt-gaetz" rel="nofollow - continue to inflict chaos on themselves and on the US of A. Are there still Republicans left who work for the well-being of their country?

Did you know the term "conspiracy theory" was created by the CIA to shut down anyone who questioned their official narrative? I've found most people don't even know what the word "conspiracy" means and apply it to everything including UFOs. It's a term that simply means two or more parties colluding to commit a crime. A true researcher doesn't turn to Qanon or other lame ass counterintelligence to equate real facts with ludicrous nonsense. All one really needs to do to paint a crystal clear picture is follow two things: patents and money trails. Those are unequivocal verifiers of reality. Many things like flat Earth and all that nonsense are simply thrown into the mix so that nobody would believe the real things that have occurred. It is important to distinguish these things before attempting to make blanket statements. The denial of certain conspiracies is exactly why the world is in the mess it is right now.

-------------

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 09:11

Appeals Court Finds Biden Administration Violated The First Amendment When It Pushed For Social Media Censorship

https://reclaimthenet.org/appeals-court-finds-biden-administration-violated-the-first-amendment

Of course the Biden administration wants appeal.  Some may be thinking that it's a good idea because they agree on what's censored.  However, what happens when someone else, let's say Trump gets into office and has his own ideas of what should be censored?
mull on that for a while.

One of 2024's US presidential candidates (as an Independent) Dr Shiva Ayyardurai successfully sued the United States government proving that they were using Twitter and other social media platforms as a way to subvert any whistleblowing operations or any counter movements period. This was made possible by Trump and EVERY sitting member of Congress signing CISA ( Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency ) in 2018 which effectively ended the First Amendment protections of Freedom of Speech for the entire internet. This really was a conspiracy which very few talk about and was done while everyone was distracted doing whatever their distraction of choice was. Fundamentally there is no difference between Trump and Biden. They each serve as a puppet of a larger system and provide their useful idiocy whenever prompted to do so.

-------------

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 10:39

Hi,

You're gonna tell me that Trump didn't by trying to down them publicly in all the media?

There is no "public" person out there that is, in essence, making some First Amendment this or that ... and I can assure you that they have discussed it with their lawyers about it, otherwise, Congress and everyone else would be up in arms ... but we like clowns and others that go around saying "you're fired", and we think it's cool.

What First Amendment, then? Specially when you are hurting people's livelihoods, and blowing their life apart ... in the name of power, which is all it is!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 11:23

Did you know the term "conspiracy theory" was created by the CIA to shut down anyone who questioned their official narrative?

No, I didn't know that, because it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory" rel="nofollow - not true (see also https://theconversation.com/theres-a-conspiracy-theory-that-the-cia-invented-the-term-conspiracy-theory-heres-why-132117" rel="nofollow - There’s a conspiracy theory that the CIA invented the term ‘conspiracy theory’ – here’s why ). It seems to be an "alternative fact" that a "true researcher" would not have adopted because he checks and double checks his data (sources).

My theory is that someone uses "alternative facts" in order to push a narrative that serves specific interests and/or beliefs that are going against the - established - facts.

And this...
Quote All one really needs to do to paint a crystal clear picture is follow two things: patents and money trails. Those are unequivocal verifiers of reality. 
...seems to me a very hazardous claim about reality, because what "reality" is seems to have been brought down to only these parameters in order to build up a narrative for which one is going to find "proof". This is what "true researchers" call tunnel-vision. And claiming that they are "unequivocal verifiers of reality" is something a "true researcher" would never claim about something that by nature is not unequivocal.
"Reality" is a much more complex phenomenon and created/constituted by a multiplicity of narratives... is my theory (but not only mine...).

Quote The denial of certain conspiracies is exactly why the world is in the mess it is right now.

Maybe, but the adoption or certain conspiracy theories is definitely contributing to that too.

-------------

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 15:10

Did you know the term "conspiracy theory" was created by the CIA to shut down anyone who questioned their official narrative?

No, I didn't know that, because it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory" rel="nofollow - not true (see also https://theconversation.com/theres-a-conspiracy-theory-that-the-cia-invented-the-term-conspiracy-theory-heres-why-132117" rel="nofollow - There’s a conspiracy theory that the CIA invented the term ‘conspiracy theory’ – here’s why ). It seems to be an "alternative fact" that a "true researcher" would not have adopted because he checks and double checks his data (sources).

My theory is that someone uses "alternative facts" in order to push a narrative that serves specific interests and/or beliefs that are going against the - established - facts.

And this...
Quote All one really needs to do to paint a crystal clear picture is follow two things: patents and money trails. Those are unequivocal verifiers of reality. 
...seems to me a very hazardous claim about reality, because what "reality" is seems to have been brought down to only these parameters in order to build up a narrative for which one is going to find "proof". This is what "true researchers" call tunnel-vision. And claiming that they are "unequivocal verifiers of reality" is something a "true researcher" would never claim about something that by nature is not unequivocal.
"Reality" is a much more complex phenomenon and created/constituted by a multiplicity of narratives... is my theory (but not only mine...).

Quote The denial of certain conspiracies is exactly why the world is in the mess it is right now.

Maybe, but the adoption or certain conspiracy theories is definitely contributing to that too.

So you prefer to believe a website that makes a claim rather than CIA whistleblowers themselves? Both ex-CIA whisteblowers Kevin Schipp as well as Robert David Steele amongst others have disclosed these things to the public and not only that but have explained how they exactly work in great detail with documentation.

The world is run by dark psychologists intel intelligence units that work together like a swarm to steer the public's consciousness in their desired direction.

Whether or not the actually claim is true or not does not matter as much as that you simply dismissed the possibility that has more tangibility than a silly website that has no way of verifying its claims.

Sometimes intel must be gleaned by from whence it came forward and the timeline from which it sprang forth. In this case ALL roads lead to the CIA and although there is no way to prove it with 100% accuracy, neither can one dismiss it as more evidence points in that direction than not.

That's called navigating a field of probabilities. You and the masses simply must engage in learning about systems sciences which is the mechanism by which the few have controlled the many since time immemorial. The entire basis of secret societies and elites that control the masses is due to these principles being guarded in secrecy meanwhile false intel is dispersed in order to confuse the uninitiated.

Once one masters these higher levels of reasoning, it's quite easy to hone one's BS detector.

Even the term "alternative facts" asserts that the counternarrative was based upon facts rather than being a simple theoretical construct itself. Often there are NO FACTS, only assertions, opinions and hypotheses that are presented as FACTS clouded with sophistry for the purpose of corralling human consciousness into the desired pastures of behavior.

It's unlikely anyone will find anything of veracity on the internet theses days due to two REAL FACTS:

In 2012 the USA passed the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act which allows the government to use fake news and propaganda against its own citizens (once reserved only in foreign jurisdiction)

And in 2018 with the passing of CISA, the ending of free speech on the entire internet.

The future for truth seeking if primarily off-line at this point however one can navigate the maze of patents and money trails to find patterns of culpability in many crimes against humanity.

-------------

Posted By: Hugh Manatee
Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 20:35
The one huge problem I see with politics in general and particularly in the US, is that democracy and capitalism are incompatible. 

Only those with access to huge amounts of money can hope to nominate for higher office, which of course then leads to relying on lobbyists and vested interests for financing.

That's without taking into account the inherent adversarial nature of politics that will not allow one side or the other to make any meaningful advances lest one side gain a popularity that becomes a lasting positive legacy.

-------------
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas

Date Posted: October 04 2023 at 20:59
Bullsh*t.  All of it.  Compared to most nations its size, the U.S. does pretty well for its people.   The Angry Young Men are screaming about what they always have, it's the same bitter, undeveloped, paranoid, adolescent rantings we all have expressed when we were stupid... or after we've just had our first beer .

And another thing, if one doesn't grasp how the American government works they should probably shut the hell up.   But they won't, and that's fine.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk