Print Page | Close Window

Leviathan self titled 1974 album

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
Forum Description: Make or seek recommendations and discuss specific prog albums
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19290
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 21:01
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Leviathan self titled 1974 album
Posted By: Andrea Cortese
Subject: Leviathan self titled 1974 album
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 12:05

LEVIATHAN

Only two ratings casted for this one-shot US's band!

Recently bought the remastered cd in its fresh Akarma reissue.

Structure is a sort of mix between first Deep Purple and typical American rock sound PLUS appreciable and strong mellotron waves...

Not a masterpiece, but an excellent (and unknown) way to progress our cd collection!

Replies:
Posted By: ANDREW
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 15:33

I agree Andrea.

I also bought the Akarma reissue two years ago, it's really good American Heavy Progressive Rock!!!

I live in the same city as Akarma Records (La Spezia).

Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 16:59
Originally posted by ANDREW ANDREW wrote:

I agree Andrea.

I also bought the Akarma reissue two years ago, it's really good American Heavy Progressive Rock!!!

I saw that... and I wanted to ask if you buy your stuff directly at the Akarma shop?

I live in Bassano del Grappa, Pickuprecords is from here... the label that produced Nuova Era - Il Passo del Soldato and is the worldwide distributor for many artists as, for example Cherry Five and Goblin...

Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 17:01
Hope the american friends will tell us their opinion 'bout Leviathan.

Posted By: ANDREW
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 20:14
Originally posted by Andrea Cortese Andrea Cortese wrote:

I agree Andrea.

I saw that... and I wanted to ask if you buy your stuff directly at the Akarma shop?

I live in Bassano del Grappa, Pickuprecords is from here... the label that produced Nuova Era - Il Passo del Soldato and is the worldwide distributor for many artists as, for example Cherry Five and Goblin...

No, i don't buy cds directly at Akarma, but there are some specialized record stores here, especially in Viareggio, which is not too far from La Spezia.

Posted By: elpprogster
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 20:41
Hi I also have that album on Akarma edition; bought it to Greg Walker´s Syn-Phonic some time ago. 

Posted By: The Rock
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 20:51
I have it too.It reminds me of Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple.The singer especially sings a bit like Robert Plant.I think Akarma's reissue was done from a vinyl.Sounds good anyway.

-------------
What's gonna come out of my mouth is gonna come out of my soul."Skip Prokop"

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 03:34

Originally posted by The Rock The Rock wrote:

I have it too.It reminds me of Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple.The singer especially sings a bit like Robert Plant.I think Akarma's reissue was done from a vinyl.Sounds good anyway.

The singer seems to me to be a mix between Robert Plant and Eric Bloom of Blue Oyster Cult...

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 03:36

Originally posted by Andrea Cortese Andrea Cortese wrote:

I agree Andrea.

No, i don't buy cds directly at Akarma, but there are some specialized record stores here, especially in Viareggio, which is not too far from La Spezia.

I went to Viareggio to spend my holydays five years ago...near Viareggio, at Marina di Massa and Forte dei Marmi...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk