Print Page | Close Window

Elio e le Storie Tese

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Suggest New Bands and Artists
Forum Description: Suggest, create polls, and classify new bands you would like included on Prog Archives
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22374
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 20:49
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Elio e le Storie Tese
Posted By: Planet_Gong
Subject: Elio e le Storie Tese
Date Posted: April 26 2006 at 12:42
hi

i'm a new member. i would to suggest a new band:
they are Elio e le Storie Tese.their music is very very very very crazy, just to lesten.
i submit the biography of the group.i hope that it'll be post on the site.

bye bye

PLANet 

Replies:
Posted By: Andrea Cortese
Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 13:11
Clap

Famous band from italy! With very interesting compositions. Their lyrics are very comic and the musicianship is appreciable.

The band took part some years ago to the Sanremo festival and they were on the podium!! (2nd place). I think it was the 1996 or 1997 year. They participated with one of their more conventional and no-prog track from all their repertoire "La Terra dei Cachi".

Other tracks are more interesting, IMO. Their best album? I think is this:

Italyan, Rum Casusu Çikti
Anno di uscita 1992
Casa discografica Hukapan/Sony Music
Codice HUK 471553
Studio di registrazione Psycho Studios, Milano
Registrato da Feiez, Paolo Panigada, Marti Jane Robertson, Ignazio Morviducci
Mixato presso Psycho Studios, Milano
Mixato da Feiez, Paolo Panigada, Marti Jane Robertson, Otar Bolivecic
Note Ristampe: 1994, versione rimasterizzata, etichetta Aspirine/Bmg 74321 33305; 2000, confezione digipack, etichetta Aspirine/Bmg 74321 77223, con aggiunta della traccia video "Servi della gleba"

Posted By: ANDREW
Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 13:19
They are all excellent musicians, they write some nice texts, their music is cheerful with some Frank Zappa reminiscences, but I do not believe that they belong to this site. 

Posted By: Tomodachi
Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 13:24
^ I agree.

-------------

Posted By: BiGi
Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 12:20
They have a high degree of musician mastery, and they have written definitely intricated songs, although humorous (you've got to have a deep knowledge of Italian language to appreciate them)

In their last effort they also collaborated with ex-PFM member Mauro Pagani (the song Pagano is indeed progressive, with crazy meter and weird tempo changes)

-------------
A flower?

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 15:28
This band is already on the list for inclusion. Should it be moved to the "maybe" part of the list?

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 15:35
Cheers!

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: May 05 2006 at 06:50
they are very cooool.
so, i think that they play very good music, and for me it's prog.

bye

PLANeT

p.s.

listen to: Mirthrandir - For you the old women

Posted By: Mandrakeroot
Date Posted: May 10 2006 at 04:56
Originally posted by Planet_Gong Planet_Gong wrote:

hi

i'm a new member. i would to suggest a new band:
they are Elio e le Storie Tese.their music is very very very very crazy, just to lesten.
i submit the biography of the group.i hope that it'll be post on the site.

bye bye

PLANet 

Uhm... ELIO PROG?

Good question...

FOR THE LYRICS: NO. No, No!!!!!

FOR THE MUSIC:: Yes, Yes, Yes

-------------

Posted By: andrea
Date Posted: May 10 2006 at 08:54
Originally posted by ANDREW ANDREW wrote:

They are all excellent musicians, but I do not believe that they belong to this site. 

I agree, they shouldn't be on this site...

Date Posted: January 02 2007 at 06:11
TODAY I AM FOR INCLUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: January 03 2007 at 06:41

inclusion inclusion inclusion.

listen to guy fawkes at   www.myspace.com/guyfavvkes   too

Date Posted: February 20 2007 at 19:10
Ok, honestly.

Elio & Le Storie Tese  cannot be classified. They aren't Prog (in the classic sense of the definition).

Nevertheless their music is not decipherable without to enter in the mentality of who composed it.   Nevertheless their music is like to that of Frank zappa (even if totally different) and the lyrics are comic. And so the music (a sort of Jazz Rock) becomes almost a music pawned but however comic. 

Elio & Le Storie Tese aren't a Prog Band. Nevertheless the music that produce is Progressive. 

And in PA they are well. 

And if someone it wants to introduce them (also in the ISP)  Badly it will not do.

-------------

Posted By: tortellino
Date Posted: February 25 2007 at 04:47
I was just thinking to suggest Elio e le Storie Tese for inclusion but, as I see it's already been done, I'll give my contribution to enforce their position...

They are not a regular prog band, as someone said, but they produce some really great prog moments... Actually, they also got to cover both "Hommage a Violette Nozieres" by Area and "Tell me you love me" by Frank Zappa in a movie soundtrack; Elio, the singer, got to play wtih a Zappa tribute band, as he is a great fan of the man.

IMO they could be listed in the Art Rock category, also given their inclination to recreate perfectly the style of other bands while playing their own songs...
I once saw them play "Somebody to love" by Queen on a TV show, they were dressed up as Freddy & CO. and it was amazing!!! Other tracks by them recreate exactly the style of TOTO, Earth Wind & Fire, Zappa (as said), and if you listen carefully to the final coda of "Tapparella" studio version you can hear the moog riff taken from PFM's "Impressioni di Settembre"...

Their influences goes a little further back in time: I saw them play live once, and they played "Largo al Factotum" from Mozart's " Le nozze di figaro"... AMAZING as well!

They have musical skills, they have taste, they have the right credentials; why not include them on PA?

-------------
tengo 'na minchia tanta

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: February 25 2007 at 04:53
I'm not sure Elio e Le Storie Tese could be added to ISP, as they don't originally belong to the Seventies Italian Prog movement. I don't really know their music very well, but I trust Mandrakeroot's judgment when they say they aren't really prog. Art Rock IS prog - it is NOT a synonim for prog-related. 

Posted By: tortellino
Date Posted: February 25 2007 at 08:09
I think that "Art Rock" would be the perfect definition for them...
They sure play ROCK with good injections of pop, classical, jazz, fusion, even metal... Whatever musical genre you can think of, they played something using it.

-------------
tengo 'na minchia tanta

Date Posted: February 26 2007 at 10:46
Art Rock could go well because I believe that Prog Related is too reductive to describe its music.  

-------------

Date Posted: March 08 2007 at 06:41

so...ELIO e LE STORIE TESE are in ProgArchives,or not???

bye bye

Posted By: Andrea Cortese
Date Posted: March 08 2007 at 06:54
Not yet, Planet Gong.

I would also like to see them in the archives, one day. There are many objections from other members and collaborators, though.

Honestly I think they could stay here but only in prog related genre, since they are a sort of melodic-Zappa-inspired-pop band. And prog related is out of my jurisdiction...

BTW, their album Italian Rum Casusu Cikiti is great and funny: Il Vitello dai Piedi di Balsa rules!!!

Date Posted: March 08 2007 at 07:16
Yeah, il vitello dai piedi di balsa is strong!!!!!
if you go to youtube there a lot of live show of Eelst.
IMO in PA there are a lot of pop group, so Eelst will haven't problems to enter in this archives...

Posted By: BiGi
Date Posted: April 10 2008 at 08:28
Hello there!
As of today I'm listening to their latest effort, Studentessi.
I'll say it again: they should definitely be included in the prog-related Area!
While the lyrics are absolutely "out of their heads", the music is very complex and it heavily relies on progressive backgrounds.

Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7KfMi3qevI - Plafone  featuring Matia Bazar's former singer (and excellent vocalist) Antonella Ruggiero, for instance!

-------------
A flower?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk