Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 16:11

voted...

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Dream Theater
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 16:17
For all Wink

-------------
[IMG]http://www.travelwithachallenge.com/Images/Travel_Article_Library/Sacred-Travel/Machu-Picchu-350.jpg"> [IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/panchopc1/machupicchu-1.jpg">

Posted By: AtLossForWords
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 17:02
Where is Italy (for red wines)?

-------------

"Mastodon sucks giant monkey balls."

Posted By: Frasse
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 17:08
For his history? Is Italy a male?

Voted for that anyway.

Posted By: Mikerinos
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 17:52
Italy for the MANDRAKEROOT!!!

-------------

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 18:35
Originally posted by Bluesaga Bluesaga wrote:

YES!

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 19:45

I have a soft spot for Italy. In the first place because of prog, but also because of Latin (I loved to learn that language), Roman myths and legends, Toscane (Tuscany?), Mt. Vesuvius, Etna, Stromboli & Vulcano, because of prog related people like Alice and Angelo Branduardi, because of the language which is pure poetry (I mean, even "E pericoloso sporgersi" and "Acqua non potabile" sound like pure poetry, with all those words ending with nouns), because of Il Ladro Di Biciclette and Il Ladro Di Bambini and L'America, because of Marcello Mastroianni, because of Federico Fellini, because of all those wonderful pasta variations, because of Jacovitti (cartoon writer who wrote Cocco Bill and Zorry Kid), because of legendary soccer clubs like AC Milan and Internazionale, and Juventus which is nicknamed old lady if I'm not mistaken, but Juventus means youth so I don't understand, but well, what I wanted to say is... forza Italia!

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 21:17
hmmm....

have many reasons for loving Italy..

the music.... just the cherry on top...

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: Soul Dreamer
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 21:41
I love Italy. Many, many years ago as a student of Geology I did fieldworks in Pianello di Cagli and the next year in Pieve St. Stefano. Later I visited the Cinque Terre near La Spezia (also for geology), which is extremely beautiful (Suppa di datteri (I hope I spell it right)?)   The country is beautiful and the people very nice and friendly. I went back many times for holidays. The music is, as Micky says, the cherry on the top. The most beautiful and interesting country of Europe!

-------------
To be the one who seeks so I may find .. (Metallica)

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 23:50
You forgot the most important option, and I'll be angry with you for the rest of my life Tongue. Where's "Italy for Ghost Rider", proud representative of the celebrated Italian women?LOL

Posted By: memowakeman
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 00:00
Let me be the first to say this:
Italy because of Raffaella!!!

-------------

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman

Posted By: Fassbinder
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 01:06
ITALY for ALL!!!

Posted By: Mandrakeroot
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 04:25
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

You forgot the most important option, and I'll be angry with you for the rest of my life Tongue. Where's "Italy for Ghost Rider", proud representative of the celebrated Italian women?LOL

Uhm... ITALY FOR ALL BEAUTIFUL WOMEN and GIRLS!!!

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 04:26
Originally posted by AtLossForWords AtLossForWords wrote:

Where is Italy (for red wines)?

Uhm... ITALY FOR ALL WINE!!!

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 04:28
Originally posted by MANDRAKEROOT MANDRAKEROOT wrote:

Uhm... ITALY FOR ALL BEAUTIFUL WOMEN and GIRLS!!!

BECAUSE I LOVE ALL ITALIAN WOMEN and GIRLS!!!

-------------

Posted By: NutterAlert
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 04:40
Italy is a fabulous country. The art and architecture are stunning, most of the women are stunning, the coffee is sublime, driving on the autostrada's unreal....the only thing I struggle with are the politics (Berlusconi and the like) and the corruption (Berlusconi, football, mafia, housing scandals). I have a long term plan to move to Italy and I'm wearing an Italia shirt as I type...

-------------
Proud to be an un-banned member since 2005

Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 04:44
Originally posted by NutterAlert NutterAlert wrote:

Italy is a fabulous country. The art and architecture are stunning, most of the women are stunning, the coffee is sublime, driving on the autostrada's unreal....the only thing I struggle with are the politics (Berlusconi and the like) and the corruption (Berlusconi, football, mafia, housing scandals). I have a long term plan to move to Italy and I'm wearing an Italia shirt as I type...

Thanks for the stunning (I don't know whether I really am, but it's nice to believe it for a while Wink)!. Unfortunately, what you say about the politics and the corruption is true, and I can assure you that it's not easy to live with it. I was severely damaged in my professional life by a very small, everyday episode of corruption, and that made me even more rabidly against it.

BTW, should you really want to move here, you'd be most welcome - as all prog fans would be!Wink

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 06:01

I hope you are not referring of yourself for the Italian Mama (Pasta e tutti quantiWink) , but for the Bellucci, Sophia Loren  & Lolo Brigida -types Big smile

I like Italy (foodStarStarStarStarStar, cultureClap and designThumbs Up) and would love it a lot more if it was not for:

• its crooked and defensive football (Dino Zoff style) and its offensive, insufferable fans in all sports(tifosi)

and

• the Italian Macho-male who think they are irresistible and their eternal sunglasses even in Norway during Christmas time

and

• the fairly arrogant Forza Italia attitude and the spirit that all of the western World owes everything to Italy
BUT , Yeah for ItalyClap

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 06:06
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I hope you are not referring of yourself for the Italian Mama (Pasta) , but for the Bellucci, Sphia Loren Lolo Brigida Big smile  I'm not a Mama, fortunately, and there are others like me... though I can cook reasonably well! Tongue

I like Italy (foodStarStarStarStarStar, cultureClap and designThumbs Up) and would love it a lot more if it was not for:

• its crooked and defensive football (Dino Zoff style) and its offensive, insufferable fans in all sports(tifosi)  You're absolutely right about the tifosi. I stopped caring about football a long time ago.

and

• the Italian Macho-male who think they are irresistible and their eternal sunglasses even in Norway during Christmas time Don't get me started on this, please... Angry

and

• the fairly arrogant Forza Italia attitude and the spirit that all of the western World owes everything to Italy  Ditto. I've seen enough of that attitude when I lived in Finland, and I hated it with a passion.
BUT , Yeah for ItalyClap After all, i'm not that typical...Quite the contrary, I'd say!Wink

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 08:02
  • its crooked and defensive football (Dino Zoff style) and its offensive, insufferable fans in all sports(tifosi)  You're absolutely right about the tifosi. I stopped caring about football a long time ago. Tifosi are present in Cycling, motor racing (with La Scuderia) and skiing (La Bomba)

and

• the Italian Macho-male who think they are irresistible and their eternal sunglasses even in Norway during Christmas time Don't get me started on this, please... Angry   Actually It would be interesting to hear from an Italian women's perspective , since they suffer them all year longBig smile

and

• the fairly arrogant Forza Italia attitude and the spirit that all of the western World owes everything to Italy  Ditto. I've seen enough of that attitude when I lived in Finland, and I hated it with a passion.   Well I think this attitude is mostly from long-time expats (nostalgia) than visitors or tourist

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: NotAProghead
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 11:34
For all - music, history, and of course, Rafaella and always ours MANDRAKEROOT.

It seems to me Italians feel the beauty like no any other nation, that is why they created wonderful architecture, music, paintings etc. Because of this sence of beauty even ordinary things like door-handles are nice in Italy. 

-------------
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)

Posted By: Tomodachi
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 11:55
What a nice thread
With all our faults and bad things, and with absolute respect and admiration for other countries, still I'm very proud to be Italian and I thank all the people who said such lovely things about my wonderful Italy Hug

-------------

Posted By: mystic fred
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 12:25
ITALY for Ghost Rider, MANDRAKEROOT and all our Italian members,
for PFM, Vivaldi, Paganini, Albinoni,
for Spaghetti Vongole, Italian Pizza  (LOL), Capuccino, Chianti,  Martini,
for Gelati (English Breakfast!),
for Sorrento, Vesuvio, Pompeii, Venezia,  Dolomiti,
for Leonardo da Vinci , Canaletto,  Marconi,  Galileo, Marco Polo,
for Gina Lollobrigida, Claudia Cardinale, Rocky Marciano,
for Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini,
for always yours...

....Good Luck on Sunday!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/101385382/1101389500041514092tShZGr# -

-------------
Prog Archives Tour Van

Posted By: CrazyDiamond
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 13:55
Thanks to all the members of ProgArchives.

Hug

-------------

Posted By: moonlapse
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 21:40
For the wine, women, and song of course.  And the language too.  Must go there someday!

Date Posted: July 08 2006 at 00:33
You'd be most welcome indeed! Proggers always are! Wink

Posted By: el böthy
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 17:42
Italy is one of the cooles countrys in the world...but you forgot for their football!Wink

-------------
"You want me to play what, Robert?"

Posted By: Norbert
Date Posted: July 10 2006 at 08:05
Italian music is great Vivaldi, Corelli, Albioni, and many great prog. bands.
Italian food is also very good.
Italy has magnificient painters and some truly great writers and poets ranging from Dante to Buzzati.
Italy has beautiful cities with great architecture, too bad that I have not seen any of them.
Last but not least, on this forum there are many nice forum members from Italy.
Greetings to all Italian prog. fans!

Posted By: Arsillus
Date Posted: July 10 2006 at 14:29

Especially for the polls. Wink

Posted By: Drew
Date Posted: July 10 2006 at 14:36
who the hell is Italy?LOL

-------------

Posted By: ANDREW
Date Posted: July 10 2006 at 16:11
FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clap

Posted By: NotAProghead
Date Posted: July 10 2006 at 23:37
Congratulations! ClapThumbs Up

-------------
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)

Date Posted: July 11 2006 at 08:37
Originally posted by Arsillus Arsillus wrote:

Especially for the polls. Wink

I'm totally Big smilemad!!!

Or ShockedConfusedBig smileWinkSmileClapStarSleepyOuchEmbarrassedBig smileSmileCryBig smileLOLFUNNY!!!

-------------

Posted By: BiGi
Date Posted: July 11 2006 at 08:52
Maybe I'm a little biased in my preference...

-------------
A flower?

Posted By: Kord
Date Posted: August 07 2006 at 03:52
Italy for all

-------------
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Genesis_Group.jpg" border">

Posted By: Sacred 22
Date Posted: August 07 2006 at 22:24

Wine, Woman, and Song. Pretty nice cars as well.

Posted By: bhikkhu
Date Posted: August 07 2006 at 22:56

You forgot the most important option, and I'll be angry with you for the rest of my life . Where's "Italy for Ghost Rider", proud representative of the celebrated Italian women?

Ahh, If only I had seen this thread sooner Raffaella. You are high up on the list of things I love about Italy.

I spent a good part of the day listening to Italian opera, both at work and on my iPod. My fanboyism is soaring. I really must get there soon.

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

http://riekels.wordpress.com" rel="nofollow - http://riekels.wordpress.com

Posted By: martinprog77
Date Posted: August 08 2006 at 00:28
how about italy for food,or religion or mafia LOL

-------------
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

Posted By: Niki ( IO )
Date Posted: April 22 2007 at 04:50

Love for nature, some culture, some art...

HATE for the Vatican power, mafias, fu..ing fascists and ignorance...

Love it as much as hate ii...

-------------
IO

Posted By: Spacemac
Date Posted: April 22 2007 at 18:02
for all of course Smile

Posted By: MadcapLaughs84
Date Posted: April 22 2007 at 23:25
For All, Italy has so many stuff to be proud of, especially for having Mandrakeroot as one of its nation sonsLOL

Actually, their cultural history as the Cradle of renaissance and of course, their prog bands are great and their women, tooWink
Viva Italia!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk