Print Page | Close Window

Jeff Beck

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Suggest New Bands and Artists
Forum Description: Suggest, create polls, and classify new bands you would like included on Prog Archives
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28040
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 11:19
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jeff Beck
Posted By: Tuzvihar
Subject: Jeff Beck
Date Posted: September 01 2006 at 16:46
Has he been considered by the Band Admissions Team in terms of inclusion? If so then what's the verdict?
I've got two of his albums - "Blow by Blow" and "Wired" - and there's really nice fusion on them IMO.

-------------
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski

Replies:
Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: September 02 2006 at 05:08
I think he is on the list of groups that have accepted.

but there arethe non-prog albums that scares us a bit.

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: September 02 2006 at 11:34
Jeff Beck is on the list of bands/artists to be discussed for possible inclusion.

Date Posted: March 28 2007 at 17:51
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Jeff Beck is on the list of bands/artists to be discussed for possible inclusion.

So, has the discussion taken place already? And what's the result? I see he hasn't been added yet. Has he been refused?

Smile

-------------
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski

Posted By: Cygnus X-2
Date Posted: March 28 2007 at 17:53
I remember suggesting Jeff Beck back in 2005, and he got refused. Then again, it's nearly two years later so maybe he'll get accepted this time.

-------------

Posted By: Chus
Date Posted: March 28 2007 at 22:59
Count me in for his inclusion!

-------------
Jesus Gabriel

Posted By: Chris H
Date Posted: March 28 2007 at 23:01
Me 3!

-------------
Beauty will save the world.

Posted By: bhikkhu
Date Posted: March 28 2007 at 23:43
His fusion should warrant inclusion. Even his newer stuff has some prog elements. The guy is just amazing. Although, I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't get in. This is a borderline case.

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

http://riekels.wordpress.com" rel="nofollow - http://riekels.wordpress.com

Posted By: akin
Date Posted: March 29 2007 at 09:14
He is very good, but for me he fits in the cathegory of "great music not prog", in spite of their fusion efforts.

Posted By: Chicapah
Date Posted: March 29 2007 at 10:27
I think he's ventured far enough into prog territory to be considered as belonging to this fraternity.  He definitely pushed the envelope and there's hardly a progressive guitarist that hasn't been influenced by his nonconformity.

-------------
"Literature is well enough, as a time-passer, and for the improvement and general elevation and purification of mankind, but it has no practical value" - Mark Twain

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 03:31
A new thread was opened yesterday on the same subject, and this one isn't even two weeks oldUnhappy.... Therefore, I'll bump this one and close the other.

Posted By: Garion81
Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 12:53
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

His fusion should warrant inclusion. Even his newer stuff has some prog elements. The guy is just amazing. Although, I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't get in. This is a borderline case.

I was in on the 2005 discussions and we did not have Prog Related at the time if we had JB would have gone in. 

I can't see why now after so many other inclusions that produced far less prog related moments than Jeff Beck (Jimmy Page comes to mind) that we can't just put him in now  as prog related. 

-------------

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"

Posted By: MikeEnRegalia
Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 13:29
I think it would make very much sense to add him as prog related.

-------------
https://awesomeprog.com/users/Mike" rel="nofollow">Recently listened to:

Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 13:56
If it has to be PR, then the Admin team will have their say on the matter. Personally, I am in favour of his addition, even if I only know his seminal albums "Blow by Blow" and "Wired".

Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 14:18
It seems as if there is a fair amount of support. Prog Related would suit him well. He even had some proto moments in his early stuff.

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 14:22
^ Good point Becks Bolero comes to mind.  Smile

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 15:22
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

A new thread was opened yesterday on the same subject, and this one isn't even two weeks oldUnhappy.... Therefore, I'll bump this one and close the other.

Raffaella, I started this thread on 01 September 2006 so it's over seven months old.

Smile

-------------

Charles Bukowski

Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 15:32
Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

^ Good point Becks Bolero comes to mind.  Smile

Exactly the one I was thinking of.

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

Date Posted: April 10 2007 at 15:39

Well, Raf do we need to open a thread in the SP zone again about this or...?

-------------

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: April 11 2007 at 18:38
Thumbs%20Up I support Jeff Beck's inclusion, alongside fusion artists such as Al DiMeola, RTF, Mahavishnu Orchestra, etc.

"Prog" to you or not, fusion is here, and that's where JB has belonged since the release of Blow By Blow.Stern%20Smile

Bela Fleck next -- a fusion of Jazz rock and bluegrass.

(BTW, when I say "fusion," I of course mean "jazz fusion." Much as with the short form "prog," for progressive rock, we commonly just called jazz fusion "fusion," when I was a young fella.)

-------------
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: April 11 2007 at 18:54
BTW, isn't the latter-day output of an artist arguably more important than his earlier stuff, in terms of the vaunted small-p progression in music? Ermm

I know JB was blues rock earlier in his career, but I'll bet most of his current fans, like myself, got into him with the jazz stylings of Blow By Blow and Wired. The presence of non-prog albums later in a band's output (Queen and Wishbone Ash especially come to mind) does not rule out inclusion in one category or another here, so why should earlier non-prog releases?

If not fusion, then "Prog Related" at the very least -- I mean, is a "prog" fan who enjoys, say, Mahavishnu really more likely to dig Iron Maiden, Deep Purple or Queen than Jeff Beck? Hmmmmmmm? Stern%20Smile

PS: I love (and have) every Beck album from BBB onward. Tons (if not all) of his more current stuff would fit seamlessly into a prog/fusion listening session, in my considered opinion! Cool

-------------
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: April 11 2007 at 20:48
Originally posted by Peter Rideout Peter Rideout wrote:

BTW, isn't the latter-day output of an artist arguably more important than his earlier stuff, in terms of the vaunted small-p progression in music? Ermm

I know JB was blues rock earlier in his career, but I'll bet most of his current fans, like myself, got into him with the jazz stylings of Blow By Blow and Wired. The presence of non-prog albums later in a band's output (Queen and Wishbone Ash especially come to mind) does not rule out inclusion in one category or another here, so why should earlier non-prog releases?

If not fusion, then "Prog Related" at the very least -- I mean, is a "prog" fan who enjoys, say, Mahavishnu really more likely to dig Iron Maiden, Deep Purple or Queen than Jeff Beck? Hmmmmmmm? Stern%20Smile

PS: I love (and have) every Beck album from BBB onward. Tons (if not all) of his more current stuff would fit seamlessly into a prog/fusion listening session, in my considered opinion! Cool

I completely agree. His newer stuff is damn good, and would please most prog fans (even if it isn't prog as we know it).

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: April 12 2007 at 03:18
JB is under consideration by the Admin team.

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 08:48
I have to abstain here, as the only Beck I am familiar with is his seminal classic 'hi ho silver lining'...

+++sorry+++

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 08:51
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

JB is under consideration by the Admin team.

Clap

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 15:27
Jeff Beck is a monster.  He was one of the "Big Three" guitarists from the band the Yardbirds Clapton and Page the other two.  He then formed a band in the style that Led Zeppelin would cash in on two years later with Rod Stewart and Ron Wood simply called The Jeff Beck Group.   Beck then had a bawdy 5 pieceunder the same name  with Max Middleton and Bob Tench for two albums.  He then tried to do a power three piece with Cactus Members Tim Bogart and Carmen Apiece, BBA.  Then came his jazz/fusion period with Blow by Blow, Wired and Live.  With Blow by Blow he toured with the Mahavishnu Orchestra on their Visions of Emerald Beyond tour (I know I was at the Shrine in LA and so was Ritchie Blackmore).  Beck and McLaughlin came out to do a encore on what else a blues number.  Jeff then did two tours with Jan Hammer(Mahvishnu Orchestra) after recording with Jan on the Wired album.  (I saw the first one at the Starlight Amphitheater in Burbank,  Jimmy Page was in the audience) This was without a doubt  some of the bet Jazz Rock Fusion I have ever heard.  It is no coincidence that two of the most legendary guitar heroes of rock history were in the audience to see him.
Jeff has done a variety of things since that time but you know what he may be the most Progressive guitar hero of the era.  The man simply will not be labeled with a single style. 

I am glad the Admin group is thinking about it. He should be here and should have been here before Led Zeppelin.

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 15:38
Hopefully he'll get the green light soon... We're still waiting for a couple of votes, but his addition should definitely happen. However, we need someone to add him, or at least to write a bio and discography for some SC to add him. Any volunteers?

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 15:41
I love the man and I'd add him, but today I'm busy adding some others to Art. I'm sure someone would like to do it, though.

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 15:44
Jeff Beck has now been approved by the Admin Team for addiction as Prog Related.

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 15:46

Jeff Beck has now been approved by the Admin Team for addiction as Prog Related.

puts on some Kool and the Gang....

ClapClap

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 16:19

Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Charles Bukowski

Posted By: erik neuteboom
Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 16:53

Easy Livin' : "Jeff Beck has now been approved by the Admin Team for addiction as Prog Related. "

This is a Freudian slip Bob, I presume you meant addition Wink Anyway, I am addicted to his albums Wired and There And Back, I am looking forward to write reviews about these exciting albums (symphonic jazzrock .... LOL )!

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 17:10
Embarrassed My spelling's so bad even the spell check can't fix it correctly!LOL

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 17:16
Nonetheless, it was a Freudian slip Wink

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 17:53
How is this for a bio?Smile

Born June 24, 1944 in Wallington, Greater London, England  Jeff Beck is one of the “Big Three” guitar gods who came from the mid 60’s band The Yardbirds (Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page the other two) Although never quite becoming as popular as his contempories Jeff has maintained a huge amount of respect among guitarists worldwide by diversifying into many different genres. He has experimented with blues rock, heavy metal, and jazz fusion and more recently, dabbled with techno, creating a blend of heavy guitar rock and electronica.

Starting as a session guitarist in the early 60’s Beck was in a group called The Tridents, before being asked to join the Yardbirds in 1965. Although only recording one album with them it was during his tenure with the Yardbirds that they recorded most of their hits. Beck left the Yardbirds partly for health reasons and partly for his on going problem of not getting along with people in general after 18 months.

In 1967 Beck formed a new band, the Jeff Beck Group, which featured him on lead guitar, Rod Stewart on vocals, Ron Wood on bass, Nicky Hopkins on piano, and Micky Waller on drums. This group produced two albums, Truth in 1968 and Beck-Ola the following year that are considered the two most influential blues/rock albums in Beck’s career.  They also started the blues/rock format that Led Zeppelin would perfect two years later.  After Stewart and Wood left the band to join Faces  (then Small Faces) Beck went on to form a second. incarnation of the Jeff Beck Group, which featured Clive Chaman (bass), Max Middleton (keyboards), Cozy Powell (drums), and Bob Tench (vocals). With this group Beck used the blues as a basis but piled on heavy amounts of R&R and R&B to the music.  They released two albums: Rough and Ready (1971, produced by Jeff Beck) and The Jeff Beck Group (1972, produced by Steve Cropper).  The song Going Down is the one most remembered from this era.

After this second Jeff Beck Group disbanded in 1972, Beck formed the power trio Beck, Bogert & Appice, with former Cactus members Carmine Appice on drums and Tim Bogert on bass. This group failed to attract much critical or popular attention even though the nature of the music was geared for that and soon split up, although they did have a minor hit with a version of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" (Beck had earlier played lead guitar on Wonder's Talking Book album).

Then Jeff did a complete 180 in a different direction. Obtaining the services of fomer Beatle producer George Martin, Beck went into London's AIR Studios to record a solo album. What came out was the critically acclaimed and popular  all-instrumental jazz fusion album entitled Blow by Blow, with a band that included Max Middleton (keyboards), Phil Chen (bass), and Richard Bailey (drums). It was followed up by a collaborative effort with former Mahavishnu Orchestra keyboardist Jan Hammer on the 1976 Wired album, which also received critical acclaim and featured a version of the famous Charles Mingus tune "Goodbye Pork-Pie Hat".  They also released a live album based on two tours called Jeff Beck With the Jan Hammer Group Live.  Not only did these albums lend visibility to the jazz fusion genre by Beck’s rock audience it also opened the door for  a new wave of solo rock guitarist's non-vocal albums by such artists as Joe Satriani .

Since the early 1980s Jeff Beck  has record sporadically: There and Back (1980, featuring Simon Phillips and Tony Hymas), Flash (1985, including performances with Rod Stewart and Jan Hammer), Guitar Shop (1989, with Terry Bozzio and Tony Hymas), Crazy Legs (1993), Who Else! (1999), and You Had It Coming (2001). Jeff in2003.   The first  four had Beck using a mixture of Blues, Heavy Metal and Jazz while the latter three Jeff has turned another 90 degrees by fusing electronica influence with his blues/jazz past.  

Two earlier tours this decade had Beck paired with Terry Bozzio and Tony Hymas. Beck's most recent tours in 2005 and 2006 have included: Jason Rebello on keyboards, Vinnie Colaiuta on drums and Pino Palladino on bass (replaced by Randy Hope-Taylor due to Palladino's prior commitment to The Who).

Jeff Beck is surely the most progressive of all the guitar gods of the late 60’s and continues his influence over a whole new generation of guitarists.

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 17:55
wow... looks like a winner to me. have some clappies...

ClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 22:20
Wow, Great job Brian!

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 22:26
excellent work Brian, especially glad you mentioned the early work with Rod Stewart as being so influential on Zep, not everyone realizes that.

Posted By: Chus
Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 22:37
Let's get "addicted" to him thenWinkLOL

-------------
Jesus Gabriel

Date Posted: April 14 2007 at 01:08
Fantastic bio, Brian!Clap Now we need a discography, and we can add him ASAP.

Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 21:09
Thanks everyone.

Let me see if I can't do some that discography tomorrow.  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 12:52
How is this?  I did not put any Yardbird albums here because he was not on all of them.  If someone feels they should be here then they can add them.

Truth, Studio,1968

Beck-Ola, Studio,1969

Rough and Ready, Studio, 1971

Jeff Beck Group, Studio, 1972  

Beck, Bogert & Appice, Studio, 1973

Beck, Bogert & Appice Live in Japan, Live, 1973

Blow by Blow, Studio, 1975

Wired, Studio, 1976

Jeff Beck With the Jan Hammer Group Liv, Live, 1977

There and Back, Studio, 1980

Flash, Studio, 1985

Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop, Studio, 1989

Beckology, Compilation/Boxset, 1991

Crazy Legs, Big Town Playboys, Studio, 1993

Who Else!, Studio, 1999

You Had It Coming, Studio, 2001

Jeff, Studio, 2003

Live At BB King Blues Club, Live, 2006

-------------

Posted By: andu
Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 13:02
Is the early Jeff Beck Group (Beck-Ola, Truth) the same thing as the latter Jeff Beck, is it entitled to be here? Not that I wouldn't like it, actually it is the only side of Beck's career that I know.

-------------
"PA's own GI Joe!"

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 13:22

The thing here is that when we add an artist all the artists work is put in.  The only distinction I made was the Yardbirds were more than Jeff Beck and I believe should either be added or denied on their own work.  The rest of Jeff's work including Truth and Beck-ola  were pretty much with Jeff in control so yes I feel they should be included even though they are blues based.  Jeff is really being added for the mid 70's work he had with Jazz Fusion and working with such artists as Jan Hammer and Stanley Clark.

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 13:24
Here I cleaned this up a bit.  If it is ok I can add him.

Born June 24, 1944 in Wallington, Greater London, England  Jeff Beck is one of the “Big Three” guitar gods who came from the mid 60’s band The Yardbirds (Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page the other two) Although never quite becoming as popular as his contemporaries Jeff has maintained a huge amount of respect among guitarists worldwide by diversifying into many different genres. He has experimented with blues rock, heavy metal, and jazz fusion and more recently, dabbled with techno, creating a blend of heavy guitar rock and electronica.

Starting as a session guitarist in the early 60’s Beck was in a group called The Tridents, before being asked to join the Yardbirds in 1965. Although only recording one album with them it was during his tenure with the Yardbirds that they recorded most of their hits. Beck left the Yardbirds partly for health reasons and partly for his on going problem of not getting along with people in general after 18 months.

In 1967 Beck formed a new band, the Jeff Beck Group, which featured him on lead guitar, Rod Stewart on vocals, Ron Wood on bass, Nicky Hopkins on piano, and Micky Waller on drums. This group produced two albums, Truth in 1968 and Beck-Ola the following year that are considered the two most influential blues/rock albums in Beck’s career.  That group started the blues/rock format that Led Zeppelin would perfect two years later.  After Stewart and Wood left the band to join Faces (then The Small Faces) Beck went on to form a second. incarnation of the Jeff Beck Group, which featured Clive Chapman (bass), Max Middleton (keyboards), Cozy Powell (drums), and Bob Tench (vocals). With this group Beck used the blues as a basis but piled on heavy amounts of R&R and R&B to the music.  They released two albums: Rough and Ready (1971, produced by Jeff Beck) and The Jeff Beck Group (1972, produced by Steve Cropper).  The song Going Down is the one most remembered from this era.

After this second Jeff Beck Group disbanded in 1972, Beck formed the power trio Beck, Bogert & Appice, with former Cactus members Carmine Appice on drums and Tim Bogert on bass. This group failed to attract much critical or popular attention even though the nature of the music was geared for that and soon split up, although they did have a minor hit with a version of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" (Beck had earlier played lead guitar on Wonder's Talking Book album). They also released a Live album which by some accounts is better than the studio release.  

Then Jeff did a complete 180 in direction. Obtaining the services of former Beatle producer George Martin, Beck went into London's AIR Studios to record a solo album. What came out was the critically acclaimed and popular all-instrumental jazz fusion album entitled Blow by Blow, with a band that included Max Middleton (keyboards), Phil Chen (bass), and Richard Bailey (drums). It was followed up by a collaborative effort with former Mahavishnu Orchestra keyboardist Jan Hammer on the 1976 Wired album, which also received critical acclaim and featured a version of the famous Charles Mingus tune "Goodbye Pork-Pie Hat".  They also released a live album based on two tours called Jeff Beck With the Jan Hammer Group Live.  Not only did these albums lend visibility to the jazz fusion genre by Beck’s rock audience it also opened the door for a new wave of solo rock guitarist's non-vocal albums by such artists as Joe Satriani .

Since the early 1980s Jeff Beck  has record sporadically: There and Back 1980, featuring Simon Phillips and Tony Hymas, Flash 1985, including performances with Rod Stewart and Jan Hammer, Guitar Shop 1989, with Terry Bozzio and Tony Hymas, Crazy Legs 1993, Who Else! 1999, You Had It Coming 2001 and Jeff in 2003.   The first four had Beck using a mixture of Blues, Heavy Metal and Jazz while the latter three Jeff has turned another 90 degrees by fusing electronica influence with his blues/jazz past. 

Two earlier tours this decade had Beck paired with Terry Bozzio and Tony Hymas. Beck's most recent tours in 2005 and 2006 have included: Jason Rebello on keyboards, Vinnie Colaiuta on drums and Pino Palladino on bass (replaced by Randy Hope-Taylor due to Palladino's prior commitment to The Who).

Jeff Beck is surely the most progressive of all the guitar gods of the late 60’s and continues his influence over a whole new generation of guitarists.

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 13:55
Good work Garion81, great to welcome Jeff Beck on this site Thumbs%20Up Last year he was on the Dutch TV because of his performance (with the 2005 and 2006 line-up you mentioned) during the annual Northsea Jazz Festival in Rotterdam, an awesome gig that showcased his excellent and very distinctive guitar play. Although Jeff Beck is generally considered as Yardbirds guitarplayer #3, in my opinion he has a more adventurous mind than Clapton and Page. Let the reviews roll Clap

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 13:58
Great, Brian!Thumbs%20Up You can add him whenever you want. Surely a great addition to our DB!Clap

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 15:50
OK I added him but maybe I shouldn't have.  Can some admin fix it from Jeff Beck to Beck, Jeff?  I am such an idiot. LOL

I have through Live with Jan Hammer added as albums.  Anyone feel free to add some others I will check back later to help finish.

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 16:02

OK I added him but maybe I shouldn't have.  Can some admin fix it from Jeff Beck to Beck, Jeff?  I am such an idiot. LOL

And you've added all tracks' titles with quotation marks.

-------------

Charles Bukowski

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 16:04

I have through Live with Jan Hammer added as albums.  Anyone feel free to add some others I will check back later to help finish.

I'll fix it now, Brian....Wink

Edit: done!Smile

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 16:16
Thanks Raffaella! Much appreciated. 

-------------

Posted By: Mandrakeroot
Date Posted: April 17 2007 at 09:05

How is this?  I did not put any Yardbird albums here because he was not on all of them.  If someone feels they should be here then they can add them.

Truth, Studio,1968

Beck-Ola, Studio,1969

Rough and Ready, Studio, 1971

Jeff Beck Group, Studio, 1972  

Beck, Bogert & Appice, Studio, 1973

Beck, Bogert & Appice Live in Japan, Live, 1973

Blow by Blow, Studio, 1975

Wired, Studio, 1976

Jeff Beck With the Jan Hammer Group Liv, Live, 1977

There and Back, Studio, 1980

Flash, Studio, 1985

Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop, Studio, 1989

Beckology, Compilation/Boxset, 1991

Crazy Legs, Big Town Playboys, Studio, 1993

The Best Of (featuring Rod Stewart), Boxset/ compilation 1995

Who Else!, Studio, 1999

You Had It Coming, Studio, 2001

Jeff, Studio, 2003

Live At BB King Blues Club, Live, 2006

I've added in green one compilation that I have.

-------------

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: April 17 2007 at 09:15
I thought Jeff Beck the solo artist was added,there shouldn't be any Yardbird albums listed here in his discography.

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2007 at 11:55
Beck, Bogert & Appice was a separate group project, I don't think their albums should be included under JB.

Date Posted: April 17 2007 at 12:16
^ Yeah I can see that but it was only one studio album and an obscure live one I didn't see the harm.  But will ask for it to be  removed if enough agree.

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2007 at 12:19
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

I thought Jeff Beck the solo artist was added,there shouldn't be any Yardbird albums listed here in his discography.

There isn't Confused Unless someone else did it.  It is not on the original discography I put up there. Although some Yardbirds songs will probably end up on compilations you can't help that..

-------------

Posted By: Chicapah
Date Posted: April 17 2007 at 14:09
So glad he's included now.  Can't wait to pull out the old LPs and review them.  I've been a fan for decades.

-------------
"Literature is well enough, as a time-passer, and for the improvement and general elevation and purification of mankind, but it has no practical value" - Mark Twain

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk