Print Page | Close Window

Inappropriate reviews

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements
Forum Name: Report abuse here
Forum Description: Let us know about inappropriate reviews, posts, PMs, etc.
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3317
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 15:31
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Inappropriate reviews
Posted By: Wilson
Subject: Inappropriate reviews
Date Posted: January 28 2005 at 10:07
I'm new here, so apologies if this isn't the proper procedure - it doesn't look like this forum is used much.   I thought this "review" is a good candidate for removal:

------------------------

../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1775 - MARILLION - Radiation
Review by gof**kyourself @ 5:05:15 AM EST, 1/28/2005
0 stars  —   RADIATION IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BIGGEST PILE OF '[%*!#]ING sh*t' I HAVE EVER HEARD. IT MADE MY EARS BLEED FOR A WEEK. AND LETS FACE IT MARILILION ARE sh*tT ANYWAYS........ PEACE OUT [%*!#] you all muuhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah PS. GOD IS GAY

------------------------

Also, I'm not sure if this is technically against the rules, but I noticed there's someone with his caps-lock key stuck who's posting under a variety of different names, including two reviews of one album:

------------------------

../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1516 - GENESIS - Duke
Review by Randy Alavero @ 12:39:45 PM EST, 1/27/2005
5 stars  —   ATTENTION- BEHIND THE LINES, DUKE'S TRAVELS AND , DUKE'S END ARE VERY GOOD SUPER-STRUCTURE PIECES. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A BIG FAN OF TONY BANKS AND KIETH EMERSON. MANY FANS LIKE MYSELF WOULD LOVE TO HEAR LENGTHY SYNTHESIZER SOLOS. IT'S A SHAME THAT BILL BRUFORD COULD NOT CONTINUE TO TOUR WITH GENESIS UNTIL 1980 . IT WAS LOVELY THE WAY HE WOULD TUNE HIS INCREDIBLE DRUM- KIT.

GENESIS Three Sides Live
Review by ALEX CORONA @ 7:41:34 PM EST, 12/29/2004

5 stars  —  BILL BRUFORD WAS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPEND TO THIS BAND. WHEN I REALIZED THAT HE WAS ACTUALLY FEATURED ON THREE SIDES LIVE ,I WAS VERY DELIGHTED AND THATS WHAT MAKES THIS ALBUM SO AWESOME. THERE MUST BE SOME WAY THAT BILL BRUFORD SOMEHOW CAN BRING THIS BAND BACK TO LIFE.

GENESIS Three Sides Live
Review by gary wells @ 3:17:57 PM EST, 1/8/2005

5 stars  —  WHEN YOU PLAY THIS RECORD LISTEN CLOSELY TO BILL BRUFORD ON DRUMS, A VERY SPECIAL GUEST. AND SOMEONE WHO REALLY SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITHIN THIS BAND FOR MUCH LONGER. A DRIVING MUSICAL FORCE IN ITSELF. A BAND LIKE GENESIS SHOULD REALLY MAKE A COME-BACK WITH BILL BRUFORD.

GENESIS Second Out
Review by alex montgomery @ 3:28:56 PM EST, 1/24/2005

5 stars  —  ATTENTION- MUSICIANS LIKE TONY BANKS AND BILL BRUFORD DO NOT NEED FANCY EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT AND COSTUMES TO HELP THEM SOUND GOOD. IN FACT JUST LISTEN CLOSELY TO BILL BRUFORD ON DRUMS , HE HAS A VERY UNIQUE DRUM-SOUND. THEY SHOULD RE-FORM AGAIN AND DO A MINI-TOUR WITH BILL BRUFORD. INDEED .

Replies:
Posted By: M@X
Date Posted: January 28 2005 at 11:00
Thank You ! I deleted all of them , It was the same guy (same IP)

-------------
Prog On !

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: January 28 2005 at 15:09
Well spotted Wilson, and welcome!Clap

Posted By: Reed Lover
Date Posted: January 29 2005 at 14:47

Originally posted by M@X M@X wrote:

Thank You ! I deleted all of them , It was the same guy (same IP)

Obviously it was the same guy in this instance Max, but I've had someone use my computer to post on this forum in the past.Confused

-------------

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: January 30 2005 at 00:45

It's funny, most trolls, flamers and fakers write with the cap-lock on, can't understand why? Do they believe it's easier to read?

Good eye Wilson and Welcome.

Iván

Posted By: JCProg
Date Posted: January 30 2005 at 05:49
Originally posted by ivan_2068 ivan_2068 wrote:

It's funny, most trolls, flamers and fakers write with the cap-lock on, can't understand why? Do they believe it's easier to read?

Maybe it's a desperate cry for help, and they actually want to get caught?

Date Posted: January 30 2005 at 12:53

Ok Dr. Sigmund JCProg.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Iván

Posted By: JCProg
Date Posted: January 30 2005 at 14:20
Originally posted by ivan_2068 ivan_2068 wrote:

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Thanks. Been here for a while already. Haven't posted that often, though.

Date Posted: January 30 2005 at 14:42

Spot the clues here, CAPS LOCK on, "Alex" first name, Surname "Bruford". There is hidden within it, a one sentence review though!LOL

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1876">EMERSon LAKE & PALMER ELP Love Beach progressive rock album and reviews EMERSON LAKE & PALMER (ELP) - Love Beach
Review by Alex Bruford @ 1:51:00 PM EST, 1/30/2005

5 stars  —   ATTENTION- EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER AND GENESIS ARE THE GREATEST BANDS ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. PLEASE PUT THIS ALBUM IN YOUR STEREO RIGHT NOW AND TURN THE BASS-LEVEL A BIT HIGHER AND PLAY AT FULL VOLUME . THIS ALBUM IS EXECELENT . IT CONTAINS BEAUTIFULL ROLAND GUITAR SYNTHESIZER AND CLASSICAL- ELEMENTS. IN FACT , LOVE BEACH IS THERE BEST ALBUM EVER .DON'T EVER CRITISIZE THE MECHNICAL ASPECTS OF THE MUSIC. TONY BANKS, AND E.L.P. NEVER PUT OUT BAD ALBUMS . LOVE BEACH AWESOME AND BRILLIANT.

Posted By: Certif1ed
Date Posted: January 31 2005 at 13:33

How about this one - not to mention several other Radiohead reviews which criticise the site instead of the music. This one implicitly accuses me of bullying and "getting at" the site Admins.

Am I just over-reacting because I'm named?

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Reed Lover @ 11:09:41 AM EST, 1/16/2005

2 stars  —  So the Radiohead Appreciation bully boys got their way and an Alternative Rock Group crashes the Prog Rock party. I have listened to this album 3 or 4 times in the last few days and I still do not get it! I do not hear any Prog Rock. Sure the playing is top notch and many of the "right instruments" are present but this is a typical Alternative Rock package.Political commentary, satire and black humour mixed with odd electronica interludes and self-conscious "anti-Guitar God" riffing. The whole album is absolutely dreary. Thom Yorke is the least happy vocalist I have ever had the misfortune to hear and each song just grinds on and on.Only the xylophone intro to "No Surprises" stops me from giving the album "one star"-I MUST BE GETTING SENTIMENTAL.Sorry Mark this certainly doesn't do it for me.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: January 31 2005 at 21:02
This makes me wonder about something.  In theory, would it not be possible for one person to use a whole bunch of different names and review an album over and over again, thereby raising its average rating considerably?

Posted By: Radioactive Toy
Date Posted: February 02 2005 at 03:48

and whats about this...?!?!

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=5930 - http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD. asp?cd_id=5930

1 vote for bad do not buy.. ok.. could be someones opinion.. but with no motivation.. I thought it wasn't enabeled?

-------------

Reed's failed joke counter:
|||||
R.I.P. You could have reached infinity....

Date Posted: February 02 2005 at 15:21

They clearly haven't got the guts to state their opinion, RT!

More RADIOHEAD reviews to remove - NONE of these talk about the album OK Computer at all - they all bash the site's decision.

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Tonny larz @ 12:56:16 PM EST, 1/19/2005

2 stars  —  Im inclined to say that reviewer BOB X are right....do RADIOHEAD really belong to this site ?? When KRAFTWERK & ENO dont !! Now mind you i think that RADIOHEAD are great but they´re just not progmusic in my mind....to me they are Brit-pop and as such they are great...and very innovative indeed. Not much to say ....than 2 stars, for great pop- music...and super self arrangements into the wonderful world of brit pop!!! C´mon y´guys..lets get serious......prog rules!!! Appendix: while we are at it..how come the great us outfit LOVE..are not in these fine progarchives?? As James Unger put it:" Pop.rock,folk,prog....i call it brilliant" Sorry james if i didnt quote correct, but the essence is there. Oh..and by the way have you frequented James Unger´s prog site ?? Please do..it is a very informative and wonderful progsite.... there are plenty of suggestions as to new experiences in the prog world.

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Eliott Minkovitch @ 7:34:33 AM EST, 1/16/2005

2 stars  —  This kind of stuff should not be on this site, I hope someone will wake up and remove it. Since when did alternative rock become progressive rock? You might as well add Green Day, Chemical Brothers and other techno-crap. And oh, throw in David Bowie too. And why not Oasis or Nirvana?

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Guilherme Baldin, the GG fanatic @ 11:21:48 AM EST, 1/19/2005

0 stars  —  C´mon guys! You can´t be serious! A band that is all the time on MTV, doing videoclips, or whatever, with a leprechaun as a vocalist, IT´S NOT PROG. Why we should listen to this @#**??? It´s modern, it´s "fashion"! The real prog was made in the 70´s by Gentle Giant, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, ELP, and it´s OVER. I´m 14 years old and I really think you oldies and I should stay where we know it´s safe: living in the past. I really hope this message would open your eyes to the truth about prog music. [%*!#] MTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Prog-O-Saurus @ 11:53:15 AM EST, 1/19/2005

0 stars  —  Like the other reviewer has put it, this is not anywhere close to prog. Where I disagree, is that there are a lot of great modern prog bands, not just the 70's bands, but it's ridiculous and even pathenic to include an alternative MTV-friendly band in here. Even the 14-year old reviewer understands this, so come on you "prog-heads" - wake up and delete this % #&* from here!

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by bob x @ 12:06:23 PM EST, 1/19/2005

0 stars  —  Ok - I guess my first attempt at this wasn't accepted because I didn't meet the 50 word requirement. With that being said,I would like to just say how much I enjoy the prog archives and how helpful they are by turning me on to many new and good bands.But I am not so sure a band like RADIOHEAD should be included here. Let me repeat my first attempt at a review of this. THIS IS NOT PROGROCK!!!!! How could anyone ,ever want to list this as such? Esp. when the likes of BRIAN ENO and KRAFTWERK have not been included in the archives? Somebody fumbled on this one!

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Redhead @ 9:52:36 AM EST, 1/30/2005

0 stars  —  Its a laugh...Radiohead...progressive???? Ha..Ha....it is at most britpop with angry undertones...there are no way near those great musicians normally reviewed in Prog- archives!!! Come on you guys.....or maybe this site should be called: POPARCHIVES !!??

Date Posted: February 02 2005 at 15:31

PS - you can see in some of the other reviews that reviewers are fed up with this kind of childish "review" as well - look at the reviews for "Hail to the Thief", which look like the considerate reviewers have bumped up the album ratings in order to compensate for the idiots like bobx, Redhead and Prog-O-Saurus.

RADIOHEAD Hail to the thief
Review by Jim Young @ 9:51:52 PM EST, 1/26/2005

4 stars  —  Those who keep on writting reviews saying this is not prog band are wrong... 1- This is as prog as any prog band that I know, and it doesn't matter... 2- Listen to this album, as i bet none of you did... 3- If you don't like the band at all (if you don't think it's progressive is not the point), don't review an album, because it's quite stupid, as you know... It's about a review of the ALBUM, not the BAND... If you don't like the band, no need for reviews about the album (just read a little something: "2 - Try to write in an intelligent and considerate manner. Rude or insulting language is not appropriate! Show respect for other reviewers and readers, the artists, and the cd and song titles. Please try to write reviews that will be of real use and interest to other progressive music fans, who can then benefit by finding new avenues for their musical exploration.")... 4- Radiohead isn't prog music at all, it's just music... Music at its best... On the album: Very good, but i think it's the "less good" they've made since "The Bends"... "2+2=5" is a real crazy rocker while "Scatterbrain" is a calm and lovely ballad..." A Wolf at the Door" is the best here... It is a simple track, but really beautiful... "I Will" and "There There" are quite impressive too! "Sail to the Moon" could've been better (for what i did read about this song), still is a very, VERY good tune... The other tracks are good, except "Backdrifts" (just don't like it)... Not Radiohead at their best, but better than many bands called "progressive" by the same people that say this is junk... Oh! I'm working on my english... No good, sorry for that...

Review by http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=70 - Dieter Fischer @ 4:10:45 PM EST, 1/20/2005

PROG REVIEWER
2 stars  —  Somehow I find the discussions going on here about RADIOHEAD being progressive or not amusing and for me it seams to be more or less a fighting between generations. First I have to state generally I'm favoring old-school PROG and their respective "rip- offs" as Peter calls it (but in fact I'd not call them like this since they use the old stuff just as a base to build up something different and own). On the other hand I also have to say that my musical taste is not restricted to only one direction and I listened during my life all sorts of music Prog or not it doesn't really matter. Important is that one likes the music and whether a specific kind of music or an album is good or bad is always a quite subjective decision. I'm admitting honestly I used to listen to RADIOHEAD for a while in the 90s and the music they did, at least on the albums "Bends" and "OKC" was quite OK and I had the impression that they were sure much better than other bands from the genre, whether it's Oasis,Nirvana or whoever. But later they decided to change their style and became "progressive" in a literal way (but not in the sense how "progressive" has been defined in the old days), because they started to include a lot of electronics in their music. I'm not very fond of electronic music (with a few exceptions) and that's why I lost interest in the band and anyway I started to tend more towards Metal (Progressive and Gothic) and started to discover a lot of bands which are much more interesting than RADIOHEAD. And I'd like to tell all Newbies in Prog that there are many more good bands apart from Flower Kings, Arena and DT. Might be that these are not everyone's cup of tea, but Progressive Rock is such a wide field and includes bands of many many different styles. You young guys just have to listen sometimes something else than Radiohead,Tool and the alikes or you are all that depressed and melancholic that you can only support such type of music. And this is the keyword for coming back to "Hail To The Thief" and RADIOHEAD. Okay let's try to go in detail through this album.

/snip

Posted By: tuxon
Date Posted: February 02 2005 at 15:40
There should be a review section, for reviewing the reviews

-------------
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT

Date Posted: February 03 2005 at 09:53

There is - it's called a discussion forum...

I think that people should have to register to review albums - or did I read that suggestion somewhere else here? It's a damned good one - it won't stop silly reviews - but we'll be able to beat up the people that make them more easily...

Date Posted: February 03 2005 at 10:40
Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

I think that people should have to register to review albums - or did I read that suggestion somewhere else here? It's a damned good one - it won't stop silly reviews - but we'll be able to beat up the people that make them more easily...

What about ...

FORUM MEMBER only can SUBMIT REVIEWS ? I can do that....

-------------
Prog On !

Date Posted: February 03 2005 at 13:30

wouldn't that be narrowing the field of (potential) reviewers?

-------------

Posted By: Spartacus
Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 10:37
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=5506">MARILLIon Marbles  progressive rock album and reviews MARILLION - Marbles
Review by Darren Brush @ 7:08:19 AM EST, 2/4/2005
1 stars  —   I feel it's time for me to make My review of this cd. MARILLION hasn't been MARILLION since FISH left.... Steve is too damn ballady, where is the prog. it's like listening to Dean Martin with great musicians but a bad vocalist... Steve take a hint either get the PROG out and get back to what MARILLION stood for when FISH was around or leave the band and sing on some Cruise ship. thats what you have is a pathetic cruise ship or tacky lounge singer.....yes you had some good songs but since the good songs..I love Easter, cover my eyes, hooks in you, and the Uninvited guest. But now MARBLES is so lame.

Once again one more review without saying a word about the music.  When will these people learn to take this stuff to amazon.

Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 14:02

Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

What about ...

FORUM MEMBER only can SUBMIT REVIEWS ? I can do that....

Clap

I would second that. It is fair-why should non-members submit reviews to this forum?

I have posted a poll in the Discussions Not Related..area.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3445&PN=1 - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3445&a mp;PN=1

-------------

Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 16:20
...and make the mp3s available to members only as an incentive for people who love prog rock music to register

Posted By: Joren
Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 17:01

that would suck

i think we should allow everybody to discover prog music. And allow everybody to share their opinion with us. Inappropriate ones should just be deleted.

Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 17:41
Originally posted by Joren Joren wrote:

And allow everybody to share their opinion with us.

Why?

I do not understand.

Why should opinions from non-members be relevant or usuful?

-------------

Posted By: Garion81
Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 18:43
Originally posted by Reed Lover Reed Lover wrote:

Why?

I do not understand.

This is true.  We can't even get opinions from members to be relevant or useful most of the time.

-------------

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"

Posted By: gdub411
Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 22:05
Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

Why?

I do not understand.

This is true.  We can't even get opinions from members to be relevant or useful most of the time.

I resemble that remark

Posted By: Dan Bobrowski
Date Posted: February 04 2005 at 23:03
Originally posted by gdub411 gdub411 wrote:

Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

Why?

I do not understand.

I resemble that remark

It's true, it's true.... GDUB is irrelevant...

Er, so is Reed.

Me too.

Date Posted: February 05 2005 at 05:33

Max,

I'd support making it compulsory to register with the site to post reviews. If using the forum ID is the easiest way to do this, then that makes sense. A couple of things to consider though.

• Some members, like myself, prefer to post thier reviews in their real name, but have a forum name which is more annonymous. Can you allow this OK if the forum log on is used?
  • In order to ensure the site is still available to all, it should still be possible to read the reviews without registering with the site.

Posted By: Fitzcarraldo
Date Posted: February 05 2005 at 10:01

that would suck

i think we should allow everybody to discover prog music. And allow everybody to share their opinion with us. Inappropriate ones should just be deleted.

I disagree with compulsory registration in order to post a review. I believe one of the reasons why ProgArchives is so popular is its open nature, unlike some of the other Prog Web sites that have a cliquey feel and a limited number of reviews and reviewers. I have read many good reviews by people who are clearly not members of these forums and who presumably are not interested in participating other than to record their love – or dislike – of one or more albums. And actually, I enjoy reading some of the more quirky reviews – they are quite entertaining even if I don’t agree with all of them (and I do agree with some, too).

As to the argument that compulsory registration would put a complete stop to crass reviews or sarcastic reviews, I have my doubts. Look at how easy it has been for ‘multiple personality disorder’ in these forums (i.e. the same person registering under multiple nicknames, even going as far as to converse with their alter ego).

Also, look at how much discussion – good and bad – the crass or sarcastic reviews have generated. If compulsory registration were to be instigated and were to succeed – and, as I said above, I have my doubts it would succeed completely – then there would be one less thing for people to discuss in these forums.

Lastly, some people may simply not want to be hassled with registration but just want to record their view on an album. Some of these people don’t even speak English but want to leave their views on a particular album or albums. Will compulsory registration put these people off completely? Why discourage people from contributing?

When I first discovered ProgArchives I thought the current model of allowing anyone to review an album easily was a breath of fresh air, and I still think that. As for the suggestion of making MP3s only available to those who register, I say something similar: the site is a breath of fresh air and let's keep it as easy as possible for people to discover progressive music. Joren sums it up nicely.

Date Posted: February 05 2005 at 10:53

Even though I agree with the com´pulsory registration only as the last solution posible, I believe the best option would be to create a special registration only for the review section, with a mechanism that rejects the same IP number, same e-mail or repeated user.

Maybe a person would like to review and doesn't care about the forum, but I also believe we must protect our review section allowing everybody to post a review but with the obligation to log on using the same name or nickname and protecting ourself against multiple personalities.

Iván

Date Posted: February 07 2005 at 16:48

Going back to Wilson's original post, here's 2 more by what is clearly the same person using differnt names again.

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1513">GENESIS Second Out progressive rock album and reviews GENESIS - Second Out
Review by John DeAndres @ 3:47:57 PM EST, 2/7/2005

5 stars  —   TONY BANKS AND BILL BRUFORD ARE A DRIVING MUSICAL FORCE . IT WAS LOVELY THE WAY BILL BRUFORD WOULD TUNE HIS INCREDIBLE DRUM-KIT.THEY SHOULD REALLY FEATURE BILL BRUFORD ON DRUMS ONCE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE. I HOPE THEY CONSIDER IT BECAUSE BILL HAS A VERY UNIQUE SOUND.

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1523">GENESIS Live - The Way We Walk Volume Two - The Longs progressive rock album and reviews GENESIS - Live - The Way We Walk Volume Two - The Longs
Review by kim shwartz @ 3:56:59 PM EST, 2/6/2005
5 stars  —   I GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH. THE ALBUM IS FUN, FUN, FUN IN THE SUN .IT'S A SHAME THAT BILL BRUFORD COULD NOT CONTINUE TO TOUR WITH THIS BAND. IT WAS LOVELY THE WAY HE WOULD TUNE HIS INCREDIBLE DRUM -KIT. BILL BRUFORD REALLY DID HELP GENESIS. HOPEFULLY ONE DAY BILL CAN RETURN.

More proof perhaps that some sort of "registration" to post reviews is needed.

Posted By: Sweetnighter
Date Posted: February 07 2005 at 21:11

that would suck

I disagree. Yes, everybody should be able to discover prog rock, but having all these random and anonymous people posting reviews just cludders the archives with opinions from unexperienced listeners. Although this site has nowhere near as much material on it, www.progreviews.com has a nice way of doing reviews... a select group of nine or ten people review all the albums. I'm not saying we should limit ourselves to that degree, but some limitation would be beneficial to everybody.

-------------
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend

Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 11:12
Some more of CAPS-LOCK GUY's witticisms, in addition to the two Easy Livin mentioned above. Not all of these are in all caps, but the Bill Bruford references, all-or-nothing ratings (1 or 5 stars only), and odd spaces before commas and periods are giveaways. It's bizarre that he hasn't posted any reviews of Bill Bruford's albums...  Of course he's entitled to his opinions, but these reviews don't contribute much to the quality of this website. 

It's amazing how few inappropriate reviews there are, considering how easy it is to post - I'd vote for not requiring registration as long as there aren't more problems like this.

GENESIS Archive - Volume 2: 1976-1992
Review by Louis Pantera @ 2:48:33 PM EST, 1/16/2005

5 stars  —  ATTENTION- THEY REALLY SHOULD HAVE FEATURED BILL BRUFORD ON THIS RELEASE AND LOTS OF IT. SERIOUSLY , MORE PEOPLE WOULD RATHER SEE AND HEAR BILL MORE THAN ANY OTHER DRUMMER. HE DOESN'T NEED EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT TO HELP HIM SOUND GOOD. HE'S EXTREMLY CREATIVE. TECHNICALY, PRODUCES A BETTER DRUMSOUND. THEY SHOULD RE-FORM AND TOUR AMERICA WITH BILL BRUFORD.

GENESIS Archive - Volume 2: 1976-1992
Review by JAHN LA PRAIRE @ 1:13:44 PM EST, 1/26/2005

5 stars  —  FINE PROG BANDS LIKE GENESIS AND E.L.P. ALWAYS PUT OUT QUALITY MUSIC, BUT WE NEVER SEE THEM FOR YEARS. MUSICIANS LIKE TONY BANKS AND MIKE RUTHERFORD CAN PROBABLY PUT ROLAND-GUITAR SYNTHESIZERS TO GOOD USE AS WELL. AND THEN ADD BILL BRUFORD ON DRUMS AND THE RESULT IS EXPLOSIVE. CREATIVE POWER.

GENESIS Turn It On Again - The Hits
Review by kim arbuckle @ 3:20:30 PM EST, 1/23/2005

1 stars  —  Personally ,in my opinion they should have never wasted their time with this. BUT IT'S NOT TOO LATE. ATTENTION - THEY SHOULD RELEASE A NEW ALBUM FEATURING BILL BRUFORD ON DRUMS FROM TOUR-76. Surely there must some vintage recordings from this tour. In fact they should re-form and tour america with BILL BRUFORD .

GENESIS Calling All Stations
Review by DAR COTTAN @ 3:39:05 PM EST, 1/9/2005

5 stars  —  MR. AND MRS. AMERICA, PLEASE READ MY REVIEW- I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A BIG FAN OF TONY BANKS AND KIETH EMERSON. THIS ALBUM IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS. FROM A MUSICAL POINT OF VIEW RAY WILSON SINGS JUST AS GOOD AS PETER.G. OR PHIL.C. , IN FACT HE IS EVEN BETTER. AND NOW ,THE ONLY THING THIS BAND NEEDS TO DO IS MAKE A COME-BACK AND TOUR WITH BILL BRUFORD. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE AWAY A BEAUTIFULL THING.

Review by Dale Norton @ 2:14:52 PM EST, 1/10/2005

5 stars  —  ATTENTION - We don't miss Chester Thompson at all . In fact he seems to think he owns the band.....Well, he doesn't. Basically if he feels they should add a disco-beat,commercial rap, and more media then perhaps he should take a hike and go elsewhere. If I were leader of a prog-band I certainly wouldn't take him in, simply because he's a crap, boring drummer. It's nothing personal. We want quality music not downers. Once again , it's nothing personal.

Review by Frank McDonald @ 3:04:05 PM EST, 1/18/2005

5 stars  —  TREVOR HORN . THEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED TREVOR HORN TO DO VOCALS ON THIS ALBUM AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MARVELLOUS. TREVOR CAN SING ANY GENESIS BETTER THAN ANYONE. HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT FOR THE JOB. PERIOD .

GENESIS We Can't Dance
Review by danny decarlo @ 5:21:44 PM EST, 1/14/2005

1 stars  —  OBVIOUSLY this album really sucks. I DON'T LIKE IT. In fact it is the worst phil collins album ever. It doesn't sound like a genesis album. So therefore many fans would like to see a comeback with a change.......back to the past. They should hire BILL BRUFORD and tour north-america. Think about it. It can be a plus.

Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 18:35
And here's another new one... his third review of this album (the other 2 were deleted earlier).

---------------------

../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1518 - GENESIS - Three Sides Live
Review by Dan DeCarlo @ 5:47:22 PM EST, 2/8/2005
5 stars  —   TONY BANKS AND BILL BRUFORD ARE A DRIVING MUSICAL-FORCE . AS YOU KNOW , BILL WAS WITH GENESIS FOR A SHORT TIME . I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT ONE DAY, THE MASSES OF PEOPLE WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE BILL BRUFORD IN HIS ROLE WITHIN THIS BAND . APPARENTLY HE'S ONLY FEATURED ON 2 TRACKS . 3-SIDES-LIVE IS A PLUS. ENJOY IT , AND HAVE A GOOD TIME , FOR LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE-AWAY. THANK- YOU AND HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 18:57
Persistent little gopher

-------------

Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 19:56
Gopher's reviews deleted

-------------
Prog On !

Posted By: Metropolis
Date Posted: February 11 2005 at 14:37

../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=4444"> BANKS, TonY The Fugitive progressive rock album and reviews BANKS, TONY - The Fugitive
Review by Alex Corona @ 1:49:57 PM EST, 2/11/2005
5 stars  —   ATTENTION- I HAVE 3 HEROS - EVEL KNIEVEL , BILL BRUFORD , AND TONY BANKS . I AM A DAREDEVIL BUT I DO MOST OF MY JUMPS ON A BICYCLE, SIMPLY BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A MOTORCYCLE . I ALSO LIKE ''FISH,N,CHIPS'', GERMAN BEER, AND MUSIC . THIS ALBUM IS NO-1 . GIVEN THE CHANCE AND CIRCUMSTANCES I REALLY THINK THAT BILL BRUFORD COULD HAVE SURELY ADDED GREAT DRUMMING TO THIS ALBUM. SUPER-TECHNICAL HEROS AND STRONG RELIABLE EQUIPMENT= 2 ELEMENTS .

This is the best one yet

-------------
We Lost the Skyline............

Posted By: FloydWright
Date Posted: February 11 2005 at 23:54
I'm wondering if he accidentally posted his review twice and couldn't delete it? Maybe someone needs to get this for him...

HORSLIPS - Book of Invasions: A Celtic Symphony
Review by chris stacey @ 10:58:55 PM EST, 2/3/2005
PROG REVIEWER
—   fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffff

Posted By: Hibou
Date Posted: February 12 2005 at 20:22

Gopher's reviews deleted

Don't forget to remove the little bugger's latest under Tony Banks' album Seven.

Thanks, Max. 

-------------
[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/Progueuse/Album.jpg">
Gene Police: You!! Out of the pool!

Date Posted: February 13 2005 at 22:33
Originally posted by Hibou Hibou wrote:

Don't forget to remove the little bugger's latest under Tony Banks' album Seven.

ATTENTION - here's one more, plus the ELP one that Easy Livin found earlier is still there.  Looks like he's learned to turn off CAPS-LOCK, though the spacing around punctuation marks is the same.

TONY BANKS Seven (A suite for orchestra)
Review by Alex Corona @ 4:54:10 PM EST, 2/10/2005

5 stars  —  FINALLY WE GET TO HEAR QUALITY INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC AND QUALITY SOUND. YOU GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH MY FRIEND. PERHAPS ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE WE CAN BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HEAR AND SEE MORE ORCHESTRA WORKS . I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMEND TONY AND COMPANY TO SOMEHOW FEATURE BILL BRUFORD ON DRUMS WITHIN THE ORCHESTRA . THIS IS A PLUS .

TONY BANKS Bankstatement

Review by Lawrence .T . Aldred @ 4:32:41 PM EST, 2/13/2005

1 stars  —  Very dissappointing , I don't like it at all . Did NOT get my money's worth . ATTENTON - We really want to hear instrumental pieces, lenthy keyboard solos . We really want to hear long synthesizer solos played on a custom-made mimi-moog. Any '' very old music '' would be much better, please and thank-you .

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER (ELP) Love Beach
Review by Alex Bruford @ 1:51:00 PM EST, 1/30/2005

5 stars  —  ATTENTION- EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER AND GENESIS ARE THE GREATEST BANDS ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. PLEASE PUT THIS ALBUM IN YOUR STEREO RIGHT NOW AND TURN THE BASS-LEVEL A BIT HIGHER AND PLAY AT FULL VOLUME . THIS ALBUM IS EXECELENT . IT CONTAINS BEAUTIFULL ROLAND GUITAR SYNTHESIZER AND CLASSICAL- ELEMENTS. IN FACT , LOVE BEACH IS THERE BEST ALBUM EVER .DON'T EVER CRITISIZE THE MECHNICAL ASPECTS OF THE MUSIC. TONY BANKS, AND E.L.P. NEVER PUT OUT BAD ALBUMS . LOVE BEACH AWESOME AND BRILLIANT.

Date Posted: February 14 2005 at 06:33
deleted

-------------
Prog On !

Date Posted: February 14 2005 at 17:40
The spam-master strikes again...

GENESIS - Archive - Volume 2: 1976-1992
Review by Armando Riveira @ 5:39:20 PM EST, 2/14/2005
—   BILL BRUFORD was a incredible plus for genesis in 1976 .Apparently he was using the same drum kit from the 1974 king-crimson tour . Musicians like Tony and BILL are very rare. Just listen to the mechnical aspects of the music and ask yourself if BILL BRUFORD should have stayed much longer ..............the answer is YES. We want more music.

Date Posted: February 14 2005 at 18:09
deleted

-------------
Prog On !

Date Posted: February 15 2005 at 18:22
This one looks like a good candidate for removal...

../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1440 - PINK FLOYD - Dark Side of the Moon
Review by dave @ 11:13:40 AM EST, 2/15/2005
5 stars  —   just buy this if you have the cash.but most of you have this anyway so well whatever nevermind.and yeah .i am listening to smells like teen spirit.the radio hits were time, money .played incessantly on the radio people tell me but i got this album 24 years after it was released(i was 10 years old).THOSE TEENAGERS WHO HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT PLEASE THROW THAT BRITNEY ALBUM AWAY AND GET THIS. PS-THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY THIS IS BAD JUST WANT TO GET POPULAR. PPS-LOAD UP ON GUNS BRING YOUR FRIENDS IT'S FUN TO LOSE TO PRETEND..........

Date Posted: February 16 2005 at 15:58
It's about time he started reviewing some Bruford albums. Many more to come, I'm sure...

../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=4831 - BILL BRUFORD'S EARTHWORKS - Random Acts of Happiness
Review by Dale Corona @ 3:29:28 PM EST, 2/16/2005
5 stars  —   ATTENTION- I HAVE 3 HEROS,,,EVEL KNIEVEL, TONY BANKS AND BILL BRUFORD .THIS ALBUM IS GREAT BUT WHATS MORE IMPORTANT, IS I THINK THAT BILL SHOULD BE WORKING IN OTHER QUARTERS WITH TONY BANKS DRUMMING WITHIN A ORCHESTRAL- PROJECT OR EVEN PLAYING WITH GENESIS AGAIN IF AND WHEN THEY MAKE A COMEBACK.......THINK ABOUT IT IN A SUPERTECHNICAL CONTEXT. IT CAN BE A PLUS.

Date Posted: February 16 2005 at 16:09

Shouldn't we ignore this, If it's attention he's after, why give him that satisfaction?

maybe just a pm to the site moderators (Maani, Max) that the evil one has struck again and leave it at that. Some day he will get bored with it.

-------------

Date Posted: February 20 2005 at 17:56

I don't think it's the same guy, but here's another obnoxious caps lock reviewer.

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=6238">RHAPSODY Legendary Tales progressive rock album and reviews RHAPSODY - Legendary Tales
Review by Miles Eadie @ 5:33:26 PM EST, 2/20/2005

0 stars  —   I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THIS IS DEFINATLY THE KORNIEST BAND OF ALL TIME! IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THESE HOMOES OR HAVE RATED A GOOD REVIEW ON ONE OF THEIR CD'S, YOU ARE A TOTAL FAG AND I HATE YOU! I ACCIDENTALLY DOWNLOADED ONE OF THEIR MUSIC VIDEOS, AND I ALMOST PISSED MY PANTS! IT WAS PROBOBLY THE FUNNIEST/GAYEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN! I BET THAT EACH BAND MEMBERS SUCKS EACH OTHERS' PENISES! WELL, I JUST WANTED TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW HOMOSEXUAL THIS BAND IS! P.S. IF YOU EVER MEET A RHAPSODY FAN, EITHER PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE, OR SLICE THEM!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: February 21 2005 at 03:23
Well, that one can be deleted as soon as you like, then

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: February 21 2005 at 14:35
Originally posted by Useful_Idiot Useful_Idiot wrote:

I don't think it's the same guy, but here's another obnoxious caps lock reviewer.

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=6238">RHAPSODY Legendary Tales progressive rock album and reviews RHAPSODY - Legendary Tales
Review by Miles Eadie @ 5:33:26 PM EST, 2/20/2005

0 stars  —   I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THIS IS DEFINATLY THE KORNIEST BAND OF ALL TIME! IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THESE HOMOES OR HAVE RATED A GOOD REVIEW ON ONE OF THEIR CD'S, YOU ARE A TOTAL FAG AND I HATE YOU! I ACCIDENTALLY DOWNLOADED ONE OF THEIR MUSIC VIDEOS, AND I ALMOST PISSED MY PANTS! IT WAS PROBOBLY THE FUNNIEST/GAYEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN! I BET THAT EACH BAND MEMBERS SUCKS EACH OTHERS' PENISES! WELL, I JUST WANTED TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW HOMOSEXUAL THIS BAND IS! P.S. IF YOU EVER MEET A RHAPSODY FAN, EITHER PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE, OR SLICE THEM!!!!!!!!

Wacko

-------------

Posted By: L.V.X.
Date Posted: February 23 2005 at 14:06
Quote YES - Drama
Review by Jan Bril @ 11:35:27 PM EST, 2005-02-22

—   This Album is Crap! For each and everyone who ever loved the music of YES (and especially The Yes Album - Fragile - Close to the Edge - Tales - Relayer - Going for the One) this is not worth to listen to. I bought the album in 1980 without even listening to it in the record shop, and boy oh boy was I disappointed after putting it on my turntable! Actually after only 2 tries I dismissed it and never listened to it again. I also have to say that the albums following this crap (Big Generator, 90something) are to my humble opinion CRAP as well. Recently I bought the DVD Symphonic Live and that shows how good YES was, is and can be. Just forget this desastrous period.

This review is crap!

Date Posted: February 23 2005 at 14:19

Originally posted by L.V.X. L.V.X. wrote:

Quote YES - Drama
Review by Jan Bril @ 11:35:27 PM EST, 2005-02-22

—   This Album is Crap! For each and everyone who ever loved the music of YES (and especially The Yes Album - Fragile - Close to the Edge - Tales - Relayer - Going for the One) this is not worth to listen to. I bought the album in 1980 without even listening to it in the record shop, and boy oh boy was I disappointed after putting it on my turntable! Actually after only 2 tries I dismissed it and never listened to it again. I also have to say that the albums following this crap (Big Generator, 90something) are to my humble opinion CRAP as well. Recently I bought the DVD Symphonic Live and that shows how good YES was, is and can be. Just forget this desastrous period.

This review is crap!

No it's not.

Every time someone writes negatively about an album, doesn't make the review bad, maybe the album is bad, and the reviewer wants to warn others about the quality of the album.

Personally I have to agree, after Tormato Yes only occasionaly released some good material, Drama, is as the title suggests a dramaticly poor album. with the exception of one or maybe even two songs that are worth listening to (listening, not paying for it, it would be criminal to sell this kind of crap).

-------------

Date Posted: February 24 2005 at 04:42
I have to agree with the next reviewer:
Quote YES - Drama
Review by Prosciutto @ 1:23:27 AM EST, 2005-02-23

—   First of all, I have to say that it's amazing how some people give 5 stars and call masterpiece or, on the other hand, give 0 stars and call crap to some records. I think some people should be a little more objective with the albums that they choose to review, it doesn't matter either their hate certain record or it's their favourite, they should highlight its strong points and weak points... For example, the previous review by Jan Bril, who called the Drama album crap (twice). Boy, he never told us the reasons why he thinks this album is "crap". I wonder why he thinks that... because there is no mellotron on it?? no side-long epic? no Anderson?? No Wakeman??? Come on man... give me a break..........

Half of his review is off topic, but that's the kind of problem you get when you don't weed out senseless reviews.

I personally think many fans of prog would appreciate Drama, even without Anderson and Wakeman.

Posted By: Cluster One
Date Posted: March 05 2005 at 02:52
The following review is great EXCEPT it's for the movie "The Wall" and has nothing at all to do with the actual record. So IMHO probably does not offer much useful advice

PINK FLOYD - The Wall
Review by The Miracle @ 9:47:50 PM EST, 2005-03-04
- The album is pretty good, but the worst one from Pink Floyd with Waters (IMHO). What is truly bad, is the movie. Pink Floyd is my second favorite band after Led Zeppelin. I got into rock music because of them. still, with all my love for PF, this is the worst movie I have seen in my life. Waters was either smoking crack, or he wanted to make some extra money, I dont know. How could this calm psychedelic band that created Meddle, Wish You Were Here and other masterpieces, make such a brutal, nasty and disturbing movie? If it was slipknot or mudwayne, I would not be surprised, but why PF?This was a huge disappointment and I got rid of it the next day. If you want a great PF video, buy Live at Pompeii, don't buy this crap!

-------------
Marmalade...I like marmalade.

Date Posted: March 08 2005 at 15:45

One for deletion:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=6864">NIGHTWISH Angels Fall First progressive rock album and reviews NIGHTWISH - Angels Fall First
Review by OSAMA @ 3:14:00 PM EST, 2005-03-08

0 stars  —   This isn't prog. I repeat This isn't prog. It's just about time that some tidwid adds STRATOVARIUS or [%*!#]in' HELLOWEEN here! Yes! I think that TOTO is the greatest prog band!1 No no, BRITNEY SPEARS must be the one!! Yeah!! I love prog, I listen to COLDPLAY and BACK STREET BOYS! LOL! This site starts to stink. Uriah Heep? Rhapsody? Helloween? Get a grip. Even neo-prog bands get closer to creative, anti-commercial, a little (or very) complex fusion music style called progressive rock than these!

Date Posted: March 08 2005 at 17:30
Another, because it just spends its time attacking Mr. Chantraine...

-----

HIGH WHEEL - Back From The Void
Review by Frederic Cermelj @ 5:23:51 PM EST, 2005-03-08

—   This album is simply the Nr#1 of Prog-resiste 30 (the best Prog fanzine written in french) for the year 2002. By the way Mr. Chantraine do you actually love progresive music? I doubt about it. Therefore DO NOT visit 'The IQ Museum' because it is dedicated to prog fans only ;-) You'd better listen to pop music. -

Date Posted: March 11 2005 at 01:23
This review needs deletion:
Quote ROXY MUSIC - Siren
Review by Redhead @ 12:27:31 AM EST, 2005-03-11

—   ROXY MUSIC, PROG ? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,oh i cant stop laughing. Can we please have some Sinatra too? Can we also get a new title for this site, how about: Rockpoparchives?? C´mon you guys,lets get serious ,please!! Otherwise i think that this site will loose the respect,it earned a year ago.

-------------
Tired of typing the same search parameters on Gemm, MusicStack, eBay etc. -> http://www.musicsearcher.com/search/index.php?firstgo=2&goartist=&gotitle=&golabel= - Link

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: March 11 2005 at 03:14

Originally posted by L.V.X. L.V.X. wrote:

This review needs deletion:
Quote ROXY MUSIC - Siren
Review by Redhead @ 12:27:31 AM EST, 2005-03-11

—   ROXY MUSIC, PROG ? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,oh i cant stop laughing. Can we please have some Sinatra too? Can we also get a new title for this site, how about: Rockpoparchives?? C´mon you guys,lets get serious ,please!! Otherwise i think that this site will loose the respect,it earned a year ago.

This was to be expected. I never thought they should've been in the first place. Most proghead are much too exclusive and elitist. This is a part of the reason why Prog gets a bad rep: its fans's superiority complex.

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Date Posted: March 11 2005 at 22:19

Please, is this a review or an urban legend? Even  IF the story was true (What I doubt because Frágil started their career doing Yes and Genesis covers), this is anything except a review, I believe should be deleted.

Quote FRAGIL Frágil
Review by mario @ 9:39:56 PM EST, 2004-04-26

5 stars  —  I would like to tell you freind tha the name of frgil doesn`t come from the Yes album called Fragil,The singer told me the real history:It starts in their garage where they usually had their rehearsals .Once the guitarist`s grandma got into the gararge and starts screeming for the noise and Andres(lider and singer)just said: take it easy grandma,everything here is so fragil couse of the frames and speakers wich where hanged up on the walls ,,,,,that`s how the name came...............

Even though it's old, only noticed yesterday when reviewing this excellent album.

Iván

-------------

Posted By: Hangedman
Date Posted: March 11 2005 at 23:05
There was a steve hackett review which simply said QUINTESSENTIAL prog ALBUM or something like that over and over again, but mercifully it has been removed.

Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 03:25
There is a whole group of RADIOHEAD reviews just posted today, (4 or more) that are all inappropriate 'they suck and aren't prog' type stuff. All are given 0 stars...

-------------

Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 03:59

Four for deletion!!

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7093">RADIOHEAD Kid A progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Kid A
Review by Miles Husoy @ 1:31:42 AM EST, 2005-03-12

0 stars  —   Radiohead suck! Everyone knows it! Even lions, tigers and bears can do better music. They think they can create good alternative rock. Well, they can can't. And they have no reason for their existence! Now tell me, if Radiohead are prog then why doesn't All Music Guide list them that way. They have no essence of it whatsoever. I think Radiohead should be removed from this site.
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7066">RADIOHEAD Ok Computer progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Ok Computer
Review by Miles Husoy @ 1:31:26 AM EST, 2005-03-12
0 stars  —   Radiohead suck! Everyone knows it! Even lions, tigers and bears can do better music. They think they can create good alternative rock. Well, they can can't. And they have no reason for their existence! Now tell me, if Radiohead are prog then why doesn't All Music Guide list them that way. They have no essence of it whatsoever. I think Radiohead should be removed from this site.
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7095">RADIOHEAD Hail to the thief progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Hail to the thief
Review by Miles Husoy @ 1:29:58 AM EST, 2005-03-12
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7095">RADIOHEAD Hail to the thief progressive rock album and reviews RADIOHEAD - Hail to the thief
Review by The Barbarian @ 12:23:20 AM EST, 2005-03-12
0 stars  —   Prog Archives and Gibraltar used to be amazing PROGRESSIVE web sites but i dont understand how they dare to add these [&*!#]y bands... Rhapsody, Opeth, Nightwish, Radiohead, Procol Harum, Mars Volta, etc. They never were and they never will be PROGRESSIVE BANDS.

Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 15:58

There are piles of Radiohead reviews that shouldn't be on here.

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Eliott Minkovitch @ 7:34:33 AM EST, 2005-01-16

2 stars  —  This kind of stuff should not be on this site, I hope someone will wake up and remove it. Since when did alternative rock become progressive rock? You might as well add Green Day, Chemical Brothers and other techno-crap. And oh, throw in David Bowie too. And why not Oasis or Nirvana?

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Guilherme Baldin, the GG fanatic @ 11:21:48 AM EST, 2005-01-19

0 stars  —  C´mon guys! You can´t be serious! A band that is all the time on MTV, doing videoclips, or whatever, with a leprechaun as a vocalist, IT´S NOT PROG. Why we should listen to this @#**??? It´s modern, it´s "fashion"! The real prog was made in the 70´s by Gentle Giant, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, ELP, and it´s OVER. I´m 14 years old and I really think you oldies and I should stay where we know it´s safe: living in the past. I really hope this message would open your eyes to the truth about prog music. [%*!#] MTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by Prog-O-Saurus @ 11:53:15 AM EST, 2005-01-19

0 stars  —  Like the other reviewer has put it, this is not anywhere close to prog. Where I disagree, is that there are a lot of great modern prog bands, not just the 70's bands, but it's ridiculous and even pathenic to include an alternative MTV-friendly band in here. Even the 14-year old reviewer understands this, so come on you "prog-heads" - wake up and delete this % #&* from here!

RADIOHEAD Ok Computer
Review by bob x @ 12:06:23 PM EST, 2005-01-19

0 stars  —  Ok - I guess my first attempt at this wasn't accepted because I didn't meet the 50 word requirement. With that being said,I would like to just say how much I enjoy the prog archives and how helpful they are by turning me on to many new and good bands.But I am not so sure a band like RADIOHEAD should be included here. Let me repeat my first attempt at a review of this. THIS IS NOT PROGROCK!!!!! How could anyone ,ever want to list this as such? Esp. when the likes of BRIAN ENO and KRAFTWERK have not been included in the archives? Somebody fumbled on this one!

Review by Progmeister @ 10:30:16 AM EST, 2005-01-20

0 stars  —  I guess the people who put Radiohead on this site must have a sense of humor, judging by all the abuse their albums are taking... I am sure there is going to be more abuse heaped on them in the future. Anyway, back to the album - there is nothing to say about it other than: it's a piece of junk.

Review by Redhead @ 11:18:17 AM EST, 2005-01-20

0 stars  —  Right you are,this is NOT progmusic,its probably brit pop or somewhere near that, however Radiohead are a good exsample of angry brit pop. Progressive, NO WAY !!! if you need new inspiration to the world of prog, seek elsewhere!! Radiohead doesnt make it!!!

etc.

Posted By: goose
Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 17:02
Originally posted by <strong><FONT color=#777777>Guilherme Baldin</FONT></strong> Guilherme Baldin wrote:

The real prog was made in the 70´s by Gentle Giant, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, ELP, and it´s OVER.

How can anything be progressive if it's ended?

Date Posted: March 13 2005 at 08:15

So that means anything from 1975 should be deleted from the archives, according to Guilherme?

Marillion, the Enid, King Crimson's later works, Mars Volta - none of it real prog, clearly...

Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 23:02
Oh how this hurts to suggest deletion of, because it's pro-Radiohead, but in the interests of evenhandedness, this says nothing about the album:

RADIOHEAD - Kid A
Review by brian @ 8:59:57 PM EST, 2005-03-15
4 stars —   The people that slate radiohead have to get their head checked giving them 0 stars, uninspired? whatever. Dream Theater are better are they? Dream Theater great musicians that make cheezy music and make difficult to play for the sake of it. Shut up

Date Posted: March 16 2005 at 02:22

Sadly I agree with you. I also agree with what the reviewer is saying - but that doesn't make it a good review.

Posted By: bluetailfly
Date Posted: March 16 2005 at 20:46

I believe the following is a completely inappropriate reveiw:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7170">KING CRIMSon The Great Deceiver: Live 1973 - 1974 BOX SET progressive rock album and reviews KING CRIMSON - The Great Deceiver: Live 1973 - 1974 (BOX SET)
Review by fjunken @ 8:08:32 PM EST, 2005-03-16

0 stars  —   You can't buy a compilitation of this band. If you want to hear them, buy all the albums one by one from the first one to the last one. King Crimson had a lot of different members and did never have the same setting on more than one album at the time.

The Great Deceiver is NOT a compilation album that collects tunes from all of the band's various line-ups and phases, and it not billed as a compilation album; it's a collection of live pieces from one of the Crimson lineups live from the 73-74 tour. To give this album 0 stars based on that one condition is completely unreasonable and frankly a little stupid and shows how little the reviewer understands Crimson and the history of their discography. I recommend deletion of this review.

Posted By: bluetailfly
Date Posted: March 17 2005 at 11:20
Re. my earlier post. Maybe the reviewer mistakenly thought "The Great Deceiver" was "21st Century Guide to King Crimson 1: 1969-1974 [BOX SET]" and it was an honest mistake on his part. Not sure.

Date Posted: March 19 2005 at 13:17
SYMPHONY X - The Odyssey
Review by WickerMan @ 1:10:15 PM EST, 2005-03-19
5 stars —   It`s simply the best album ever made. they are jus genius!!! I'am a musician myself and i just can't understand how someone can have such a big musical mind. I'ts jus't a masterpiece, there's no band ever wha can be compared with symphonyX, the's no band on earth with such talented music as Michael Romeo and company are. Jus't great!!!!!!!!!

--------

What do you guys think of this one? Does it speak to the album at all?

I kinda wonder about the name, too. WickerMan = Straw Man?

Posted By: Cygnus X-2
Date Posted: March 19 2005 at 23:01
PINK FLOYD - The Wall
Review by Darin McConnell @ 9:31:02 PM EST, 2005-03-19
5 stars  —   I don't know why some of these people are bad mouthing Pink Floyd's The Wall. To understand the album you have to have had grown up in the times of WW2 or just listen to the Album alot. Roger Waters and David Gilmour are missunderstood people, the are genious for createing this wonderfull album. So befor you bad mouth Pink Floyd try living in their shoes for a while, you will get it. Plus Wish You Were Here is an Masterpiece so please continue to listen to Pink Floyd

This could have been a lot better. There is no description of the music or the lyrics or the songs. Just that you need to be in David or Roger's shoes in order to understand the album (I might be reading this wrong and getting the wrong vibe).

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 00:00

I wouldn't mind walking a mile in David or Roger's shoes.

At least I'd be a mile away from them and I would have their shoes

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 00:12

Quote try living in their shoes for a while

I'm not as tall as any of them, but I doubt I can live in their shoes

Iván

-------------

Posted By: Trotsky
Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 00:54
Three Mars Volta - Frances The Mute reviews within 6 minutes ... (oddly enough I just got my copy today) ... the middle one does have some merit as a legit review, though ...

../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7305 - MARS VOLTA, THE - Frances The Mute
Review by aenimated @ 12:27:09 AM EST, 2005-03-20
0 stars  —   After hearing so much about these guys, I decided to get one of their albums, what I was treated with was a hour session of the WORST prog-rock has to offer. The singer for the Mars Volta (some stupid name like Omar or Cedric or something), sounds like a girl, if I heard this on the radio without listening to deeply I would think that the vocalist is a girl, but surprise surprise, it's some faggot with an afro. The whole CD manages to crap on about some spanish crap or another, I'm sure all the pseudo-intellectuals are going to rush out, listen to this crap and analyze it's crappy features. Jesus, if only they played more Opeth on the radio instead of this overused trash.
../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7305"> MARS VOLTA, THE Frances The Mute progressive rock album and reviews MARS VOLTA, THE - Frances The Mute
Review by crow011 @ 12:26:13 AM EST, 2005-03-20
2 stars  —   unfortunately, THE MARS VOLTA are one of those few bands who think they are better than they actually are. while their "DE-LOUSED . . ." was a collection of songs arranged around a dubious yet enticing concept/theme, "FRANCES THE MUTE" is a loosely constructed, no-concept-to-be-found-in-this-so-called-concept-album journey into complete and utter musical masturbation. granted, the first track isnt bad, but it can hardly be called a masterpiece. as a previous reveiwer stated, the only reason this album seems so appealing is because the current musical climate is so lacking in truly inspiring concept albums/ progressive albums. the last track is also great, but at 30 minutes, it makes the listened feel as though KING CRIMSON did it better with "lizard", from the album LIZARD. the biggest problem, and this is immediately obvious, is the lack of cohesion. there is no continuity, flow, or cohesion. one stuggles to listen to this entire album, unless one has a penchant for pharmaceuticals (which would be a big no-no in the drug-free world of THE MARS VOLTA). after hearing "DE-LOUSED . . .", it's obvious this band is destined for big things. but perhaps they would be better off taking lessons from bands that have done it better, instead of assuming they know how to pull off a decent prog rock album right off the bat.
../Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7305"> MARS VOLTA, THE Frances The Mute progressive rock album and reviews MARS VOLTA, THE - Frances The Mute
Review by Ryan @ 12:21:36 AM EST, 2005-03-20
0 stars  —   Wow... I write this review after just listening to this album for the third time. What a piece of crap. I can't believe I wasted $20 on this piece of crap. Seriously. What the hell. I paid money for a music cd and what do I get, high pitched vocals and some pussy wailing on and on in Spanish. Ignore this crap, go listen to a good band, such as Opeth.

-------------
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."

Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 01:22

add to that...

MARS VOLTA, THE - Frances The Mute
Review by OPETH @ 1:03:21 AM EST, 2005-03-20

0 stars  —   LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW. LISTEN TO OPETH NOW.

Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 12:30
Keep the middle of the 3 TMV ones, definitely.

Date Posted: March 20 2005 at 13:04
The middle of the 3 TMV reviews is good. I think it especially needs to be there because I'm suspecting that a lot of people are just giving the album 5 stars because it's popular and they've just heard it, and have not had time to process what may or may not be wrong with it.

(I have not heard the album myself, but I've been reading the reviews.)

Date Posted: March 21 2005 at 13:36

Originally posted by FloydWright FloydWright wrote:

The middle of the 3 TMV reviews is good. I think it especially needs to be there because I'm suspecting that a lot of people are just giving the album 5 stars because it's popular and they've just heard it, and have not had time to process what may or may not be wrong with it.

(I have not heard the album myself, but I've been reading the reviews.)

Im begining to think i should have given it 4 stars, but i stick by everything i said in my review, but it feels unfinished. As long and noodly as it is it doesnt seem to be complete. its still the best album I've heard made 2000 and after, and certainly merits a listen. Is there anyway to change a review if your not a collaborator?

Date Posted: March 21 2005 at 17:53
I absolutely love Frances the Mute (less so than their debut (I wasn't going to try spelling it ), but I loved their debut a lot), and they certainly have their own distinct sound. However, the middle review should definitely be kept; it's usually the negative reviews of albums I read (especially in the popular music press or in the "true metal" scene - I know if I see the word "overblown", "pompus" or "pretentious" I'm going to love it )

Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 15:53

This one's just a piss take!

Rooibos has written in perfect English on the forum.

No "translation software" would translate "star" as "point of light"!Disapprove

Get rid of it!!!Angry

RUSH Feedback (EP)
Review by Rooibos @ 4:48:05 PM EST, 2004-10-10

2 stars  —  Dees album being faut the makers of lists only.The sounds usually created by instrumentation is of mean worth. An unanointed user of the organ of hearing will not like much this opus.It is not like the Cream or Yardbirds in similarity only.I can the two points of the light give it.

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 13:14
I want to state it again for the record: it was very wrong to delete that 2-star review for Francis the Mute. That one was legit, and the guy who wrote it has every right to be pissed at ProgArchives for taking it off.

Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 15:42
This same review has been posted now under 2 different names.

DREAM THEATER - Scenes From A Memory Metropolis Part II
Review by Stardust @ 2:56:26 PM EST, 2005-03-24
5 stars —   This CD is my Favorite album ever, and i have taken that statement into very deep concideration bofer i wrote it down. and im not just some upstart kid who dosent know anything about the prog genre. ok this is going to be a bit of an inflametory statement, but i prefer this album to The Wall. And piper at the gates of dawn And any of the ELP releases. and anything ever come to that. the storyline of this album is run over in so many reviews, im not gona go over it again. Right, on to the music! The performance on this album is phenominal as per the dream theater habit. I recon its at least cooler playing if not better than on anything theyve ever done before. Fatal tragedy is my personal fave, it took more than a month to learn that solo. Petrucci is an animal of a player.some of the riffery on this record is a blast. Whomever it was who said in their review that Mike Portnoy relies to heavily on his bass drums needs a slap around the face with a wet fish. the only possible criticim of his playing on this album is his possibly over zellous use of THE Mike Portnoy fill ( you know the one its the one at 3:47 in fatal tragedy, check through other dream theater work, it crops up alot, some times in slightly varied forms but still, its the MP Fill, its excusable.) that aside, the winner of modern drummer's reders poll Progressive rock award for 10 years running again proves his worth. Jordan Rudess is patently the most crazy keyboardist DT have had yet. i love the random bit of honkey tonk stylie piano in dance of eternity the first time i heard it i was like 'this is so cool' and then just burst out laghing when i realised it was in the midle of two big chunks of random metaly goodness. and just the way patrucci leads it in with this utterly random arpegio... plus check out some of the points when Rudess and Petrucci are playing the same or harmonised parts, and just take a second to think of the amount of skill it takes to get that timeing down to perfection, there is not a milisecond between them. that boys and girls is perfection. and again, look at fatal tragedy, the blending between the keyboard and guitar solos is virtualy seemless. as with all good things, there will be contradictory views, but i think the guy is a change for the good, he takes a more active part in the band than any of his predecesors. Kevin more was cool, he was beastly in fact and some of the stuff he did totaly made a couple of songs for me, but he didnt solo any good, and the introduction of Jordans solos bring new life into the music and push the instrumentals to a new level, he and Petrucci work togeter excelently. James Labrie, the man of marmite, you either love him or hate him. personaly i think that anyone who dosnt like him is missing the point, he is the most cheesy singer possible, but thats what you ned if youre going to sing in dream theater. I chalange anyone to come up with a better choice for singer of dream theater. think about it, if you had anyone else, someone less 'larger than life' , dream theater wouldnt have half the impact. also, its tough to have the vocal versitility needed for a band so versatile. As always, James' vocals are excelent, the melodys used are nigh on perfect every time. mind you this isnt nessicerily his work, but he pulls off what is writen perfectly and with alot of 'feeling'. And last but by no means least, John Myung. this man is a bass phenominon. him crazy. the bass solo in dance of eternity is mental.plus the bit neat the end where the guitar bass and keyboard all run up this crazy. he can hold the structure together when any lesser bassist would break down in tears and play that thing like no other being on the planet. it stick him up on the sme level as victor wooten, which is prety crazy thats like bass steve vai.... now on to the real astounding aspect ofthe album, the song construction. seriously, go back now and listen over this album again. and again. aind again and again for 50 thousand times and you still will miss stuff. the way this stuff is put together just defys belief. every note, every rest and every space are diliberet, their there to serve the greater perpous of the song. instead of just playing a chord on one instrument, they'll hold it between all of them like puting thre root on the bas the guitar with the octave fifth and seventh and the vocal holding the the top say and the keyboard underpining the whole chord. its crazy. i know this isnt the first time stuff like this has been done, but its the first time its been done on this scale. plus the rhythmic concepts used are just done perfectly, there is no way this album could have been writen better. people bitch about there being to many solos, but thats not the case, the solos dont clog the album up at all, if anything they cary the emotional level forwards. i was just reading back through the other reviews and read someone saying the solos are 'undiciplined. that couldnt be more untrue, they are just perfectly crafted to fit. oh another thing repetedly brought up is the word 'jam' these solos are not 'jams' jams are improvised. there is no way anything this perfect could be improvised. another thing oftern missed is that overture 1928 is a breif tour through the concepts that folow on in the album its like a trailer before the main feature. this is a briliant idea because as you listen through the rest of the album and your like 'ohohohohoh i know that phrase!' it gives the album an excelent sence of coherence. there have been alot of negative reviews of this album lately on ths site, and i think they are mostly un justified. i think personaly that people are leting a sence of tradition, the only thing you truly can not afford to have in the prog genre to cloud their judgment of an excelent album. NOW GO! BUY THIS ALBUM! AND IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT, GO LISTEN TO IT AGAIN!!!!

Date Posted: March 30 2005 at 15:18

For deletion!!

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=2">GENESIS Foxtrot progressive rock album and reviews GENESIS - Foxtrot
Review by Breed Lover @ 3:13:58 PM EST, 3/30/2005

0 stars  —   I hate this [%*!#]ing album it sucks big time, Peter Gabriel is a [%*!#]ing dickhead and Phil Collins is his gay lover all GENESIS SUCKS I repeat SUCKS. avoid this piece of [&*!#] and all GENESIS albums Watchers of the Skies is Crap so, piss on my copy , im going to play slipknot they are cool

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: March 30 2005 at 15:54
yes at least im honest

Posted By: H.NOT
Date Posted: March 30 2005 at 16:00
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1827">YES Close to the Edge progressive rock album and reviews YES - Close to the Edge
Review by Breed Lover @ 3:29:09 PM EST, 3/30/2005
0 stars  —   No this album is [&*!#] everybody knowz thiz, i love slipknot and YES SUCKS!!!!!! save your money because this album is crap and i love rugby prog rock stinks but i do like some but i hate yes , a squeeky bloke, a gingerhead woman and a tall gay bass player whatever next a sexy blonde on saxophone, please remove them

What a stupid review .....

Date Posted: March 30 2005 at 17:06
LATEST PROGRESSIVE ROCK REVIEWS
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=1911">KING CRIMSon Red progressive rock album and reviews KING CRIMSON - Red
Review by tuxon @ 4:21:20 PM EST, 3/30/2005
0 stars  —   i dislike this album it sucks and i totally agree with Breed Lover Sslipknot is great it's a shame they are not in the archives and hope they will be added this album sucks and i hate robert fripp, you let me down, shame on you people, i am now listening to spice girls, westlife and slipknot instead.

Best review I've written so far

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 20:04
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=334">CAMEL Breathless progressive rock album and reviews CAMEL - Breathless
Review by chrisbutt @ 2:49:53 PM EST, 3/31/2005
4 stars  —   Judging by some other reviews this was the beginning of the end...well yes & no, yes 'cause they tried to adapt & where harased by this [&*!#]ty empty punkscene...and didn't follow their heart..& hearts of stone make no music..no 'cause some titles are very good to listen to.....so me sentimental fool likes it very muuuuch !!! Camelfan of age...shooting the stars skyhigh !!

-------------

Posted By: Manunkind
Date Posted: April 02 2005 at 04:26
PINK FLOYD A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Review by pinkfloydlover @ 2:43:48 AM EST, 4/2/2005

1 stars  —  if people really appreciate that music that Pink Floyd did, they would not buy this hideous excuse of an album. maybe two songs (learning to fly and sorrow) are good, but they don't even live up to expectations i had of this album. let's start with the first song, it's boring, ineffective, and poorly done. songs with lyrics, we can just kind of group those all into one description...the songwriters obviously were trying to overblow what they thought roger waters, who is the greatest songwriter in all of progressive/art rock, would write and just sort of made him seem like the guy who didn't care about what he was writing...here is some news for all of the songwriters on this album...HE CARED! im sure that he has probably heard the album and laughed when he heard the song "Dogs of War", which is probably THE worst Floyd song i have had the audacity to hear, i mean could it be more...horrible? then there are the "filler" tracks that don't necessarily need to be there at all, example a new machine pt. 1 and 2, i think GILMOUR put those in just to feel like he had taken control of the band and the music. they're boring, over-blown, and poorly written, and he said that "Vera" and "Bring the Boys Back Home" from "The Wall" were bad, but he must think this is good...please think twice before buying this...since I am a completionist and intend on having every one of their albums(I'm at 12), i bought it...as a matter of fact, i would get an iTunes account if i were you and just download the album and not waste your money. thank you for taking the time to read my criticism.

You're welcome, but it was time lost as far as I'm concerned.

-------------
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun

Date Posted: April 02 2005 at 14:05
Originally posted by Manunkind Manunkind wrote:

1 stars  —  if people really appreciate that music that Pink Floyd did, they would not buy this hideous excuse of an album. maybe two songs (learning to fly and sorrow) are good, but they don't even live up to expectations i had of this album. let's start with the first song, it's boring, ineffective, and poorly done. songs with lyrics, we can just kind of group those all into one description...the songwriters obviously were trying to overblow what they thought roger waters, who is the greatest songwriter in all of progressive/art rock, would write and just sort of made him seem like the guy who didn't care about what he was writing...here is some news for all of the songwriters on this album...HE CARED! im sure that he has probably heard the album and laughed when he heard the song "Dogs of War", which is probably THE worst Floyd song i have had the audacity to hear, i mean could it be more...horrible? then there are the "filler" tracks that don't necessarily need to be there at all, example a new machine pt. 1 and 2, i think GILMOUR put those in just to feel like he had taken control of the band and the music. they're boring, over-blown, and poorly written, and he said that "Vera" and "Bring the Boys Back Home" from "The Wall" were bad, but he must think this is good...please think twice before buying this...since I am a completionist and intend on having every one of their albums(I'm at 12), i bought it...as a matter of fact, i would get an iTunes account if i were you and just download the album and not waste your money. thank you for taking the time to read my criticism.

You're welcome, but it was time as lost as far as I'm concerned.

What's wrong with this review?????????????????????????????

-------------

Posted By: Ben2112
Date Posted: April 02 2005 at 16:45
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=6052">TOOL Lateralus progressive rock album and reviews TOOL - Lateralus
Review by Marco @ 4:42:54 PM EST, 4/2/2005
2 stars  —   Hey guys, what are you listening to ? This is not prog, definitely ! Maybe is not a bad record of something else, but let me say, once again this is not prog and the maximum rate that it could reach is 2.... If you give 5 to this how many you have to give to Genesis Selling England by the pound, or ELP Tarkus, or Crimson In the wake of Poseidon...? Sorry for those who really like this music, but this is Progarchives..

Throroughly superfluous. How about talking about the album itself a little bit? Yet another review made solely to "make a point".

Date Posted: April 02 2005 at 17:54
Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

You're welcome, but it was time lost as far as I'm concerned.

What's wrong with this review?????????????????????????????

50% of it is basically speculations about Gilmour and Waters, and the reviewer's opinions aren't backed up with any attempts at describing the music, IMO.

Let mailto:M@X - M@X decide, though.

-------------
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun

Date Posted: April 02 2005 at 18:21
Nah I think that's a fine review. It waffles a bit (to make a somewhat hypocritical point), but it gives plenty of opinions about the album and goes some way to justify them.

Date Posted: April 03 2005 at 07:51
I disagree with that guy's review of AMLOR completely! But at least he attempted to explain his (false) reasoning, and so of course it should be kept. To each his own.

Nothing wrong with the review really, except for all his opinions and low rating of course

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2005 at 10:36

THAT DOES IT! What is this, a 'Let's hate Manunkind' - thread?!! Tuxon, goose, Cluster One, get over here and fight like men!!!

Just call me before you get on the plane so that I can get to the airport on time...

-------------

Posted By: Radioactive Toy
Date Posted: April 03 2005 at 11:04
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

For deletion!!

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=2">GENESIS Foxtrot progressive rock album and reviews GENESIS - Foxtrot
Review by Breed Lover @ 3:13:58 PM EST, 3/30/2005

0 stars  —   I hate this [%*!#]ing album it sucks big time, Peter Gabriel is a [%*!#]ing dickhead and Phil Collins is his gay lover all GENESIS SUCKS I repeat SUCKS. avoid this piece of [&*!#] and all GENESIS albums Watchers of the Skies is Crap so, piss on my copy , im going to play slipknot they are cool

-------------

Reed's failed joke counter:
|||||
R.I.P. You could have reached infinity....

Date Posted: April 04 2005 at 04:41

THAT DOES IT! What is this, a 'Let's hate Manunkind' - thread?!! Tuxon, goose, Cluster One, get over here and fight like men!!!

Just call me before you get on the plane so that I can get to the airport on time...

I don't hate you unkind man,
I just think you shouldn't call opinions that aren't yours inapropriate

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2005 at 06:00
KING CRIMSON In the Court of the Crimson King
Review by Breed Lover @ 10:14:28 AM EST, 12/9/2003

0 stars  —  well jesus christ o mighty where do i start here, yes it's one of them [%*!#]ing crap pieces of [&*!#], robert fripp is a c**t and he sucks dildos all day long and greg lake bends over for michael giles, yes sounds like king crimson, well they suck and this album is crap, slipknot is class 5 stars for all their album, piss on this cd, snap it up, throw it in the bin and shove it up your minge and save your money, king crimson sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Date says 12/9/2003, has this been here all this time?

-------------

Posted By: Ben2112
Date Posted: April 04 2005 at 19:44
Holy wow! How was that missed for so long?!?

Date Posted: April 04 2005 at 21:05
http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=2928">STRAWBS Heartbreak Hill  progressive rock album and reviews STRAWBS - Heartbreak Hill
Review by rick petersen @ 9:03:57 PM EST, 4/4/2005
1 stars  —   An attempt to recapture their mid-70's prog magic that fails miserably. Mimicry alone does not a good product make. The recipe: write some generic songs and dress them up in overly-familiar, proggy arrangements. Add an unlistenable production job that makes you think something's wrong with your stereo (a slightly tinny, canned sound with little presence). Cousin's voice was still intact, but it doesn't matter. This one's a stinker.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2005 at 21:59
Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=2928">STRAWBS Heartbreak Hill  progressive rock album and reviews STRAWBS - Heartbreak Hill
1 stars  —   An attempt to recapture their mid-70's prog magic that fails miserably. Mimicry alone does not a good product make. The recipe: write some generic songs and dress them up in overly-familiar, proggy arrangements. Add an unlistenable production job that makes you think something's wrong with your stereo (a slightly tinny, canned sound with little presence). Cousin's voice was still intact, but it doesn't matter. This one's a stinker.

What's wrong with that one?

Date Posted: April 05 2005 at 00:02
Originally posted by Useful_Idiot Useful_Idiot wrote:

Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

What's wrong with that one?

Absolutly nothing, maybe he could have been more precies in why it is a bad album, but there's little wrong with the review itself.

Get over it guys, only reviews that are NOT APROPRIATE, bad language, and band inten should be reported. i've seen already too many reviews here that are good in itself.

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2005 at 00:40
Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

KING CRIMSON In the Court of the Crimson King
Review by Breed Lover @ 10:14:28 AM EST, 12/9/2003

0 stars  —  well jesus christ o mighty where do i start here, yes it's one of them [%*!#]ing crap pieces of [&*!#], robert fripp is a c**t and he sucks dildos all day long and greg lake bends over for michael giles, yes sounds like king crimson, well they suck and this album is crap, slipknot is class 5 stars for all their album, piss on this cd, snap it up, throw it in the bin and shove it up your minge and save your money, king crimson sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Date says 12/9/2003, has this been here all this time?

aha thats a classic

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk