URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33686
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 16:11
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Banned
Posted By: video vertigo
Subject: Banned
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 01:50
Simple:
Have you ever been banned, banished, asked to leave been threatened to be banned etc. from a site?

-------------
"The rock and roll business is pretty absurd, but the world of serious music is much worse." - Zappa

Replies:
Posted By: Bastille Dude
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 01:52
Nope. Smile

-------------
DEATH TO FALSE PROG!

Posted By: Wilcey
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 01:55
Not Yet!!!

Posted By: progismylife
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 01:58
No, and I'd like to keep it that way. Smile

Posted By: kazansky
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 01:59
nope and hope that won't happen

-------------
The devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us.

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 02:08
Twice, but I was unbanned eventually the two times it happened.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 04:07
Strange question.

In fact, very few people are ever ejected from the site.

Posted By: kazansky
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 04:13
i think what he means is not only from this site, but from any other site/forum

-------------
The devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us.

Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 04:18
Ah, thanks Kazansky that make more sense.

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 12:53
I've been thrown off a news foprum twice over the last 5 years, and had to re-register under different names from differnt IP addresses. Things get heated there. Politics brings out the worst in me sometimes.

These days I try and stick to music.    

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: moreitsythanyou
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 12:54
has yet to happen, but this is the only place i've ever posted, i think

-------------
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Posted By: Firepuck
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 12:57
^ same here

-------------
Kryten : "'Pub'? Ah yes, A meeting place where humans attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks."

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 13:01
No, never banned. I'm too boring and well-behaved for thatWink... However, I once left a forum where I'd been very active on account of personal differences, and after a while I asked for all my posts to be removed - to be precise, to have my nickname and contents obscured - because I'd been seriously offended at a very difficult time of my life.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 13:12
I was banned from a Pink Floyd forum a few years back that happens to be run by a couple of (frighteningly) obsessive people on an unheralded power trip.  I'm not sure if that one really counts though.

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 13:14
    No.... but give just a little more time...

(Not that I will try to be ejected, but what if Kayo Dot released 4 albums in the same year? I would have to review them, and my God, for public safety reasons, to mantain order and peace in the ProgLand, I would have to be expelled and sent to the deserted arenas of Popberia)

-------------

Posted By: laplace
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 13:17
yes, from a few forums. seems that people would rather avoid hearing the truth. ;P

-------------
FREEDOM OF SPEECH GO TO HELL

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 13:26
hahahha  threatened?    yeah...every day ....LOL

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: tuxon
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 13:27
I tried a couple of times, but I'm not very good at swearing and flaming, I am an innocent little caracter that loves cookies, who would ban such a sweet delight.

-------------
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT

Posted By: erik neuteboom
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 13:55
Yes, on the Forum I became a bit too rude when I was angry on a fellow collaborator and my post was deleted very soon by the Prog Archives Inquisition, led by Tony R30 (but it was not me, it was The Devil Evil Smile) Wink

Posted By: Abstrakt
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 14:00
I've been "banned" from another forum.
But i had enough of it because it was so slow moving, so i told the admin to delete me.

Posted By: progismylife
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 14:04
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

Yes, on the Forum I became a bit too rude when I was angry on a fellow collaborator and my post was deleted very soon by the Prog Archives Inquisition, led by Tony R30 (but it was not me, it was The Devil Evil Smile) Wink

"No one ever expects the Spanish Prog Archives Inquisition!" Big smileLOL

Posted By: N Ellingworth
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 14:09
I've not been banned yet, however I did once leave another forum becuase I got bored.

Posted By: Pnoom!
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 14:10
My elementary school changed from k-6 to k-4 when I was in fifth grade.  It is my opinion that it is simply so they could get rid of me a year early.  Does that count?

Otherwise, the answer is no.

Posted By: tuxon
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 15:05
Originally posted by inpraiseoffolly inpraiseoffolly wrote:

My elementary school changed from k-6 to k-4 when I was in fifth grade.  It is my opinion that it is simply so they could get rid of me a year early.  Does that count?

Otherwise, the answer is no.

so you were there for five years and than they changed it to four, i think they wanted to cherish the idea you were there a year longer than necessary

-------------
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT

Posted By: OpethGuitarist
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 15:08
yes, numerous times

4 times by opethforum.net
once by remedylane's (pos) site
several times by facebook groups
once by a car forum

i would say about 100 online gaming servers (cs: source) - for accusations of cheating - I don't, i play competitively in leagues, but I'm good enough to where many think I cheat

http://www.caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=123363 - http://www.caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=123363
http://www.caleague.com/?page=history&type=roster&uniqueid=0:1:8152627 - http://www.caleague.com/?page=history&type=roster&uniqueid=0:1:8152627
http://www.caleague.com/?page=user&userid=327686 - http://www.caleague.com/?page=user&userid=327686

I guess I'm a bad person  Embarrassed

-------------
back from the dead, i will begin posting reviews again and musing through the forums

Posted By: Chris H
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 15:08
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

No.... but give just a little more time...

(Not that I will try to be ejected, but what if Kayo Dot released 4 albums in the same year? I would have to review them, and my God, for public safety reasons, to mantain order and peace in the ProgLand, I would have to be expelled and sent to the deserted arenas of Popberia)

Trust me, next time Kayo Dot releases a new album Ill be watching you like a hawkTongue

And as for the question, yes I have but only because I had posted a curse word in my signature.Embarrassed

-------------
Beauty will save the world.

Posted By: Philéas
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 15:14
Yes I have actually. The reason why is a pretty long and complicated story, and it happened three years ago so I don't remember every detail. It would be easiest to leave it. Nothing serious, in case you were worrying. Just pointless and immature bickering (I was the slightly more mature part, while the site owners who must've been at least 20 years older than me acted pretty childishly, which is kind of amusing).

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 15:34
Nope!

By the way, whatever happened to that boisterous fellow, Reed Lover?

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Posted By: Jeams Pfirp
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 16:40
I voted yes because my Runescape account got deleted once.

I don't think I will be banned from any forums, though, because I'm not really that rude and I never say or type curse words.

-------------

Posted By: The Miracle
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 18:10
I once was denied access to the official Green Day guestbook because I posted something like "GREENDAY SUCKS GIANT MONKEY BALLS" about 10,000 times. Otherwise not. 

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/ocellatedgod" rel="nofollow - last.fm

Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 18:38
Originally posted by The Miracle The Miracle wrote:

I once was denied access to the official Green Day guestbook because I posted something like "GREENDAY SUCKS GIANT MONKEY BALLS" about 10,000 times. Otherwise not. 

way to go!! LOL

-------------
back from the dead, i will begin posting reviews again and musing through the forums

Posted By: Scapler
Date Posted: January 26 2007 at 22:27
Not as of late!Evil Smile

-------------
Bassists are deadly

Posted By: Masque
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 00:11
Almost Smile

-------------

Posted By: Ghandi 2
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 17:16
Originally posted by Bryan Bryan wrote:

I was banned from a Pink Floyd forum a few years back that happens to be run by a couple of (frighteningly) obsessive people on an unheralded power trip.  I'm not sure if that one really counts though.
What forum was that?

No, I've never been permabanned from a forum. In fact I'm a moderator at another forum.

Posted By: Australian
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 17:35

NO, but I bet someone was/are considering it.

-------------

Posted By: Tristan Mulders
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 17:52
No, everyone simply loves me Wink

-------------
Interested in my reviews?
You can find them http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=784 - HERE

"...He will search until He's found a Way to take the Days..."

Posted By: IVNORD
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 18:41

I was banned from a site over a film. The admin was too dumb and too anti-American.  I teased him to tears. He could not fight me any longer, deleted my last post and cut me off.

On another occasion, I was ostracized by a group of members on an economic forum. They didn’t like my view of gold vs. fiat (paper) money.

The pinnacle of my “carrier” was when they vandalized my car a few years ago. I behave very nicely ever since, you can check my posts here.

Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 21:51
People from a forum vandalized your car because you disagreed with them? Wow, that's just completely crazy.

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 23:07
We had a very active Prog site, excellent guys who still are my friends and some are here.

But USA invaded Iraq and some people started to post anti-USA threads (Most of them left oriented), the funny thing is that as everybody here knows me, I'm anti communist and closer to USA democracy than to any left ideology.

But the owner (A real bigot who later joined this forum and left) one Sunday afternoon posted a photo of his house with a USA flag, a banner saying A Real American (Or something similar) and banned all Latin Americans, a woman from India who was anti USA (Well, she's nice as a person but she's radical Confused) and most Europeans except a couple that were his right hand.

I am not a central member but I used to post every day and mostly about Prog, so did a group of guys who NEVER talked about politics (In the case of USA vs Iraq as here I always stayed neutral), when we left, the posts wen't down from lets say 50 or 60 daily to 5 per week.

He asked some of us to go back because "he had made a mistake", despite I disagreed with some of the guys who posted anti USA posts, I wouldn't accept to go back there if ALL other members were not accepted back and many were not going to accept going back for nothing in this world.

The guy had to close his site, in the meanwhile some of the former members created a forum but sadly it never worked, thanks God I found Prog Archives where I feel comfortable.

Iván

-------------

Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 01:54
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

We had a very active Prog site, excellent guys who still are my friends and some are here.

But USA invaded Iraq and some people started to post anti-USA threads (Most of them left oriented), the funny thing is that as everybody here knows me, I'm anti communist and closer to USA democracy than to any left ideology.

But the owner (A real bigot who later joined this forum and left) one Sunday afternoon posted a photo of his house with a USA flag, a banner saying A Real American (Or something similar) and banned all Latin Americans, a woman from India who was anti USA (Well, she's nice as a person but she's radical Confused) and most Europeans except a couple that were his right hand.

I am not a central member but I used to post every day and mostly about Prog, so did a group of guys who NEVER talked about politics (In the case of USA vs Iraq as here I always stayed neutral), when we left, the posts wen't down from lets say 50 or 60 daily to 5 per week.

He asked some of us to go back because "he had made a mistake", despite I disagreed with some of the guys who posted anti USA posts, I wouldn't accept to go back there if ALL other members were not accepted back and many were not going to accept going back for nothing in this world.

The guy had to close his site, in the meanwhile some of the former members created a forum but sadly it never worked, thanks God I found Prog Archives where I feel comfortable.

Iván

that's terrible, serves him right though that his site went down the hole

-------------

Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 11:42

A question (or two) for those of you with experience of other forums.

Where's does Progarchives forum sit in terms of civility, strictness vs. freedom of speech, number of members who get banned/warned/suspended, friendliness etc., compared to other forums (music related or not)?

Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 13:48
you guys are a nazi regime!!!

Tongue

In all seriousness Bob, I'd say you are in the middle. I know some forums which are much more lenient, and I know others that just ridiculously closed-minded and unfriendly.

-------------

Posted By: laplace
Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 13:59
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Where's does Progarchives forum sit in terms of civility, strictness vs. freedom of speech, number of members who get banned/warned/suspended, friendliness etc., compared to other forums (music related or not)?

most other forums allow some degree of good-natured ridicule to transpire between members whereas here I've been warned away from making even the most innocuous comments. that coupled with the "only post positive topics" movement pretty much pushes constructive criticism to the sidelines.

we're cultured art-lovers with well-refined taste ;) so abolishing criticism is a large step backwards. we should keep each other honest! Tongue

-------------
FREEDOM OF SPEECH GO TO HELL

Posted By: Philéas
Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 14:53
Originally posted by laplace laplace wrote:

we're cultured art-lovers with well-refined taste ;) so abolishing criticism is a large step backwards. we should keep each other honest! Tongue

I agree with this. Smile

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 16:32
Well, I been member of:

1. Progressive Ears.com: Since they were a Yahoo Group back in the 90's, still I'm member but due to my limited time in Prog Archives, it's hard to visit them often, great site though.
  2. Genesis Official Forum: Until it became The First United Church of Phil Coliins.
  3. Pink Floyd: Nice site
  4. Aural Moon: Great place but to slow in replies, very nice people.
  5. La Lata: Prog in Spanish, mainly a mail list hope it grows because we need a place in our language also.
  6. Prog4ever: The place created by the ex members of the Forum where one Sunday afternoon 50% of the members were banned: It was a great place, we were all friends but sadly didn't worked, I went recently and I found unreplied posts since July 2006.
  7. MelosProgBazaar: The place started by the member of India who was banned with all of us, I believe she's progressing but again too much to do here.
  8. When it was legal I joined several Audio Galaxy Communities to talk about Prog.

And of course the site I won't even mention who banned all people for racial or ethnic reasons, only rednecks allowed.

Most of them were civilized, but most of them less friendly than Prog Archives, I seen people insulting others for 50% of what happens here, but despite the problems, the next day we remain as friends as ever in Prog Archives.

Strict: Well, Prog Archives is strict but banning a member is normally the last resource after several warnings. It's a good policy.

Freedom of Speech: Most sites have a permisive freedom of speech policy (Except you know who Wink) but Prog Archives is probably the only one that encourages it, I rarely see a thread closed unless somebody has crossed the line by a mile.

Of course you won't expect freedom of Speech in Genesis Forum regarding dislike to Phil Collins and the 3 era man, but they have two sections: Other bands of interest and The Last Resource Forum, where you can talk about other bands or any issue, the problem is that you find Duran Duran mixed with VDGG Dead in a thread.

That's my perspective.

Iván

-------------

Posted By: VanderGraafKommandöh
Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 16:44
Never, no, not.

-------------

Posted By: salmacis
Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 17:01
"First United Church Of Phil Collins"!!LOLLOL I love it...

I'm a member of the following:
Progressive Ears (I post there a bit more regularly now as 'heep')
The British Archive Television Forum (my other big passion)
The Sweeney Lounge/The Professionals Lounge/ The Avengers Forum (all cult TV show forums)
Kung Fu Fandom (this is inappropriate now as I've grown out of it)
Travellers In Time- The Uriah Heep Forum (a place FULL of immature members- very boring topics with lots of bitching about band members)
Yesfans (I've only posted a few times there)
Genesis Forum (see below)

I never have been banned from any. I actually posted a hasty leaving post on the Genesis forum after being insulted for daring to dislike stuff from Abacab but I soon realised my own over-reaction (I'd never ever encountered such a childish response here so wasn't used to that sort of behaviour, though) and I must say, over the past month or so it's been quite nice- no backbiting or Invisible Touch fans nitpicking or trying to prove a point. There's a mammoth Flower Kings thread over there which I regularly contribute to- nice atmosphere on that one.

Other than that, nothing to report.

Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: January 28 2007 at 17:59

I'm a member of several forums, only a few of which are related to music. The more technical ones tend to be quite nerdy, and we all now how tricky choice of words is when dealing with real nerds Wink. Fights do happen there, but are forgotten the next day or so.

As for PA: I think your policy is good, and the members are quite well behaved. We even sort out our own misunderstandings. And recently I even noticed an admin allowing someone to become a bit angry and direct, because he was found to be fairly defending his case. Well done, freedom of speech may have limits, but you seem to have put them in the right place.
One concern: collabs and prog reviewers  are humans like the rest of us. Don't forget to protect them from themselves, like you protect the rest of us! Smile
I felt bad seeing one collab leave the forums (for good?) because of ongoing fights with another collab, with hardly any (maybe none, not sure) interference from the admins. Confused
Confused

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 02:59
Thanks for the comments so far guys, keep them coming!

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 03:48
The only other forum I'm a regular member of is a psy-trance dance forum - it's considerably smaller than PA, partly due to the minority appeal of the music itself & partly down to the fact it's membership are 99% English; you do get the occasional spat flaring up, but very rarely, overall it seems to be pretty much self-policed (although there are a couple of moderators gathering dust somewhere)& very friendly.

Oh - hang on, I'm also a member of a folk-rock band's forum (Leatherat), which is very friendly and has never seen an argument - probably because it appears apart from the band itself, I'm the only other member

Given the size of Progarchives, I'm generally surprised at how few problems actually come up, especially taking into account the range of ages and nationalities we have here; when they do come up, it is usually within the DNRTM section, and 99% of those times, it is down to politics or religion - whilst I'd not advocate banning such discussions (I've learned a great deal from some of these threads), I 100% support the moderators' decisions to close or delete those threads where the arguments bocome too personal, vehement or extreme (and we've all seen how extreme some ex-members views have been in the past), and following on from that argument, where moderators or the admin team make the decision to warn, remove or ban a member, be assured this is only done as a very last resort, and only after every other avenue has been explored.

Originally posted by laplace laplace wrote:

most other forums allow some degree of good-natured ridicule to transpire between members whereas here I've been warned away from making even the most innocuous comments. that coupled with the "only post positive topics" movement pretty much pushes constructive criticism to the sidelines.

Here I disagree.

This site actively encourages open debate, and there are examples everywhere of good natured ridicule & out-and-out p+++ taking. I also think you are reading the 'only post positive comments' policy incorrectly - there is nothing wrong with criticism (especially where Pallas's 'The Sentinel' is concerned ), but such criticism has to be balanced - anyone can jump into an argument & say "so-and-so band sucks giant monkey balls", but this is hardly 'constructive' criticism; by al meants criticise a band/album/song/Phil Collins, but do so with balanced arguments (and preferably humour, so salve those who will not agree with your views), not unmitigated negativity, which will only bring the same in return.

I appear to have wandered off thread a tad here...

Bottom line - no, I have never been banned from a forum & sincerely hope I never am from this one (unless there suddenly appears a rule banning ranting on & on & on...)

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 04:04
Originally posted by OpethGuitarist OpethGuitarist wrote:

Tongue

And it was high time you realised itTongueWink.... *cracks whip*

Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 11:56
Confused (has a bad image of a whip cracking lady in leather - poor Joey, and Mickey...) LOL

-------------
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 12:40
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

...has a bad image of a whip cracking lady in leather - poor Joey, and Mickey...

A bad image???

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 14:20
grrrmblll, the fact that I'm not a native English speaker is catching up with me again OuchWink Then again, my sight's been slightly impaired for years and I usually don't wear my glasses when using the computer... Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 03:30

Then again, my sight's been slightly impaired for years

Mummy always said you'd go blind if you didn't stop it...

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: goose
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 05:36
Yes, temporarily. And because of being accidentally far too aggressive

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 07:19
"It's mine, and I'll wash it as fast as I like!"

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: PROGMAN
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 07:26

By far the best, Bob!!

PA has the best Admin/ModsClap
and ForumBig%20smile

Some Forums have Stuck Up and Misrable moderators - even something funny, you get warned, even for disscussing a topic not related to that particular forum, it was a "sporting" forum it wasAngryOuch.

-------------
CYMRU AM BYTH

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 11:12
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

Tongue

And it was high time you realised itTongueWink.... *cracks whip*

I'm excited!!! Don't let micky know!

LOLWinkTongueLOL
Big%20smile
Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 13:48
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Then again, my sight's been slightly impaired for years

Mummy always said you'd go blind if you didn't stop it...

You can see right through my posts, can't you... LOL

-------------

Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 13:57

I was once blocked from this forum by the Moderator, had to grovel to Max to get back and unblocked....

This is true.Embarrassed

I think that we might be slighty erring on the cautious side with regard to letting a certain degree more of "passionate" debate than we allow now...

I think personal attacks should be stamped on, but criticisng someone's views is fair game on a discussion forum.

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 13:59
Before my time (as a moderator) or any of the current moderators I hasten to add!

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 13:59
See, this is why you should be nice to TLC

maybe one day he will grow up to be a mod just like you!

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 14:04
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

Nope!

By the way, whatever happened to that boisterous fellow, Reed Lover?

see my post above, though I was never banned for personal misbehaviour, its a long story...

....I think Maani must have considered banning me a few times but said I never went too far. I have a feeling that certain big-name Collabs wanted me out at one time...the same one's who are now very good buddies!Tongue

A certain Useful_Idiot said I was a harmeless something or other (damn my memory!) in a post in "another place" - yes I searched the Collab Zone and Admin ZoneEmbarrassed to see if there was anything derogotory about me  but they must have been deleted...Wink

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 14:06

Before my time (as a moderator) or any of the current moderators I hasten to add!

Indeed, I think you would have fought my corner! It was believed I had two accounts, which wasnt true at that time...

Actually someone else was posting from the same PC as me and they got blocked...which of course blocked me too...Ouch

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 14:10
LIES!!!

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 14:13

LIES!!!

that's just the kind of attack that gets you barred....that and liking cookie-monster vocals..Tongue

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 14:30

How can you not love him?

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 14:31
Leave Tux outta this....

Posted By: Zepology101
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 21:20
YeahEmbarrassed

Off Gaiaonline.com after I waged war on them through the magic of the internet (it was a peaceful war).

Its a terrible site, don't go there.

-------------

Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 03:28
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

I think Maani must have considered banning me a few times but said I never went too far. I have a feeling that certain big-name Collabs wanted me out at one time...the same one's who are now very good buddies

You were a little tinker at the time though, weren't you?

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 15:40

I think Maani must have considered banning me a few times but said I never went too far. I have a feeling that certain big-name Collabs wanted me out at one time...the same one's who are now very good buddies

You were a little tinker at the time though, weren't you?

only compared to you southern softies....Wink

Besides before I came there was more life in a tramp's vest than there was around here...Tongue

Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 16:58
.... then the tramp asked Tony for his vest back...

Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 22:22

Besides some things that bother me that you will never change (graphic smileys, the ability for huge fonts), I would say you err on the side of leniency a bit too much. At my forum, I would never allow anything like the Velvet Room (forums are forums, not chat rooms), nor would I let some of the spammier things slide without a temp ban or at least a warning. Although my forum has a language filter, I think Progtologist is a bit overzealous in censoring.
Am I a hardass? Possibly. That being said, the users here are (generally) much more mature than there, and usually friendlier, probably in part because the age group of this forum skews very upward because many of our members started liking prog in the '70s, or someone discovered prog at around 16 after liking terrible music before. Whereas my forum has many 14 year old videogame spazeroids.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/default.aspx - Take a stroll through some of these forums, especially the Halo forums, and you'll probably see why I have to be strict most of the time.  It can get a bit tiresome...My name is the same, if you want to look me up for some reason.

Date Posted: February 01 2007 at 03:37

.... then the tramp asked Tony for his vest back...

...took one look at it, was violently ill, then threw it away

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: February 01 2007 at 03:43

Besides, before I came there was more life in a tramp's vest than there was around here

Not true, Tony - we used to have heated debates about which Mellotron sound was the nicest; some of these arguments could go on for minutes, occasionally involving the use of block capitals to make a point, necessitating on occasion my having to take a break for a nice cup of tea and a biscuit

...of course, that was in my young and fiery days

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Selkie
Date Posted: February 01 2007 at 19:47
I've recieved a few warnings over at the ultimate metal forums, were I drop by on occasion for a bit of fun at baiting the black metal elitists. My signature has played a role in this, I'm sure - I have pink Burzum glitter art and http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9431/4491bsinp49i5xmg4.gif - this on display.

Date Posted: February 01 2007 at 19:52

Besides, before I came there was more life in a tramp's vest than there was around here

Not true, Tony - we used to have heated debates about which Mellotron sound was the nicest;
yes, I seem to remember you posted pictures of your organ quite a bit...

Hmmm, how would I deal with an RL or a Karnevil9 now?

Posted By: Cygnus X-2
Date Posted: February 01 2007 at 19:54

Not true, Tony - we used to have heated debates about which Mellotron sound was the nicest;
yes, I seem to remember you posted pictures of your organ quite a bit...

Hmmm, how would I deal with an RL or a Karnevil9 now?

You'd probably ban the RL character... and in a way you'd be banning a part of yourself.Wink

-------------

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 21:38

Shocked Isn't he supposed to only eat healthy things now like apples and neo-prog?

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 21:48
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

Shocked Isn't he supposed to only eat healthy things now like apples and neo-prog?

...and in England, technically he'd be the Biscuit Monster.

Posted By: Arrrghus
Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 22:02
Originally posted by Ghandi 2 Ghandi 2 wrote:

Besides some things that bother me that you will never change (graphic smileys, the ability for huge fonts), I would say you err on the side of leniency a bit too much. At my forum, I would never allow anything like the Velvet Room (forums are forums, not chat rooms), nor would I let some of the spammier things slide without a temp ban or at least a warning. Although my forum has a language filter, I think Progtologist is a bit overzealous in censoring.

Am I a hardass? Possibly. That being said, the users here are (generally) much more mature than there, and usually friendlier, probably in part because the age group of this forum skews very upward because many of our members started liking prog in the '70s, or someone discovered prog at around 16 after liking terrible music before. Whereas my forum has many 14 year old videogame spazeroids.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/default.aspx - Take a stroll through some of these forums, especially the Halo forums, and you'll probably see why I have to be strict most of the time.  It can get a bit tiresome...My name is the same, if you want to look me up for some reason.

Wow. You're no fun (on the PA). You have to let Velveteers exist. The VR allows prog fans to discuss different things while not having to worry about topics.

-------------

Posted By: rileydog22
Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 23:20
Yeah.  If they weren't talking about random stuff in the Velvet Room, they'd be talking about random stuff in the middle of a topic about music.  

-------------

Posted By: giantenemycrab
Date Posted: February 05 2007 at 20:15
Once,  but by mistake.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk