Topic: Rate your Driving
Posted By: Zitro
Subject: Rate your Driving
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 17:51
Yet another of my prog-less polls.

Replies:
Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 17:54
Generally a safe driver, but prone to extreme bouts of road rage. 

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 17:57
I forgot about that possibility, I changed my "other" choice to something like that, and replaced "I don't drive" to 'other'

Posted By: Dalezilla
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 17:59
I actually just got back from my first drive since I got my licence. LOL

Posted By: moreitsythanyou
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 18:03
I try to be safe, but I'm too inexperienced. I only have a learner's permit and can't drive on some major highways, but for normal street/route driving, I can handle myself pretty well. The thing is that I'm one of the very few people who observe the speed limit, so I drive with quite a few cars behind me. It's not my fault everyone prefers to be lawbreakers than safe.

-------------
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Posted By: Man Erg
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 18:10
Don't drive anymore. The Mrs prefers to drive.

-------------

Do 'The Stanley' otherwise I'll thrash you with some rhubarb.

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 19:29
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

Shocked
Must be really frustrating, getting caught behind a platoon of cybermen - ("Doctor the cybermen are after us what shall we do?" - "Briskly walk away..."). And they never pull over to let you past... You would have thought the flashing blue-light on top of the Tardis would give them a clue wouldn't you. LOL

I'm affraid I drive like GTA-3 is a driver-training programme. Wink

I could do with some front-mounted machine guns like on James Bond's DB5 - I reckon they'd be much more effective than just screeming at the moron in front (especially after they've pull-out of a side road, almost taking the front of my car off in the process, and who then crawl along at 40mph causing a 5 mile tailback). Or a rocket launcher, because that would clear the road at the same time, though the exhaust might scorch the paintwork.

-------------
What?

Posted By: progismylife
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 19:30
I had started driving with my parents when I moved to the UK but I kind of zoned out while driving and veered over onto the other side a few times...thats the worst of my driving habits....so hard to concentrate during a hot summers day.

Posted By: Mikerinos
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 21:22
I'm an okay driver, but I dislike it a lot.  I wish public transportation didn't suck here so I wouldn't need to drive as much.  While driving, I never pay much attention so to compensate I drive slowly (especially for someone my age).

-------------

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 21:23
Ggenerally, a safe driver. But from time to time, when someone does something stupid, I get even more stupid and kind of try to "get even" so then I look like a neurotic idiot behind the wheel...Tongue... Also, lately I've been text-messaging too much while driving... I guess that's not safe...

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 21:32
text-messaging while driving? neat ... I'll try playing DT's "Finally Free" on my acoustic guitar while driving

I belong between the 2nd and the 3rd choice, but I voted for the 3rd: "I Am overall a safe driver but needs more experience". I have a very low reaction time in things which is very good. However, I only drove for 2 years, and I notice I am not perfect in some specific things.

Posted By: Soul Dreamer
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 21:35
I consider myself a very professional driver. I drove more than 50000 km/year (that's 30000 miles/year for you Americans) the last 18 years, and never had any accident... drive carefully, leave enough distance, but don't drive sluggish,  and try to anticipate all the time...

-------------
To be the one who seeks so I may find .. (Metallica)

Posted By: The Miracle
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 21:36
Dunno which one to choose, second or third option... I'm pretty inexperienced but I have to drive around a lot, freeways and stuff, so that'll fix soon. Recently someone backed out into the street right in front of me and I dodged it very nicely, so I guess I'll go for second.

however I suck at parallel parking.Ouch

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/ocellatedgod" rel="nofollow - last.fm

Posted By: Bj-1
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 21:37
Im a good driver. Not too experienced (and without licence, since the age limit for drivers lincence in Norway is 18) but very safe overall. Driving fast on more lonely roads are my favorite thing to do!

-------------
RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
http://www.last.fm/music/Exerior" rel="nofollow - EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!

Posted By: Atkingani
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 21:59
32 years of license next September... never received a fine, never crashed or was crashed, etc. more or less a miracle considering how wild is the transit in Brazil, especially in Rio de Janeiro.

I'd say that I'm cautious and experienced. Anyway, I seek to practice all the time, the so-called 'defensive driving' - basically looking far ahead in the traffic and surroundings, never trusting in others' action, searching for escape areas, not driving beyond my comfort speed, checking brakes, tyres, etc.

-------------
Guigo

~~~~~~

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 22:21
I drive for 26 years and have license for 24 (Here you can't get your license until you are 18, but I drived with USA one as if I was only visiting Perú), drived through the best and worst roads in coast, mountains and jungle, never caused an accident since I have license (Been collisioned by an idiot while standing on a traffic light). never had a tickett though I sometimes pass the speed limit, so I believe I'm above the average.

In the city I an very cautious, here bus drivers are animals (With the pardon of the animals), they stp anywhere, get ouit passengers in the middle of the way, etc.

Iván

-------------

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 22:24
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

In the city I an very cautious, here bus drivers are animals (With the pardon of the animals), they stp anywhere, get ouit passengers in the middle of the way, etc.

Iván

If I was an animal, I would never speak to you again....(if Peru's bus drivers are like Ecuador's bus driver)... LOL

-------------

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 23:40
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

If I was an animal, I would never speak to you again....(if Peru's bus drivers are like Ecuador's bus driver)... LOL

I went two times driving to Guayaquil and Quito, believe me bus drivers are worst here.

Just as an example:

Iván

-------------

Posted By: kazansky
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 23:57
i try to be safe, but inexperienced...

i crashed on my first day

-------------
The devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: June 29 2007 at 23:59
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

That sounds about right for me too...though I'm sure the doc got me beat in rage. Tongue

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: kazansky
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 00:00
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

I went two times driving to Guayaquil and Quito, believe me bus drivers are worst here.

Iván

bus drivers are worst here too... they drive like they own the road... but the most troublesome are probably motorcycles ! they drive like they have many spare lifes...

-------------
The devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us.

Posted By: Arsillus
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 00:12
I think I'm a good driver. I could use more highway experience and my parallel parking blows, but I drive safely. I don't really even like driving- too much money and liability. I'd prefer just to bike everywhere (I'm sure I'll still be saying when I'm old....Ermm)

Posted By: KoS
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 00:48
"my driving techniques are great, but I drive like an ass"

Well I commute in Los Angeles, sometimes you have to be an ass. I have only been driving for six months so I haven't driven in all conditions.

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 07:24
I'm good, but I can speed or do other infractions >> But I am never to be a danger to anyone while infracting rules

But I know when to do those infractions.Wink

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 07:34
'my driving techniques are great, but I drive like an ass'

if you don't count many speeding tickets... one totalled '78 Firebird.... numerous other close calls... I'd say my technique is great..I'm still alive.LOL

btw.... I learned to drive watching Mad Max...

I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! HAHAHAHAH... hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 07:40
my last accident was in 1990...

...but I have collected 9 points on my licence in 20 years on the road...Embarrassed

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 13:25
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I'm good, but I can speed or do other infractions >> But I am never to be a danger to anyone while infracting rules

But I know when to do those infractions.Wink

Better give some further explications before sounding like Mad Max.

Been driving since 79 and must be close to 1 000 000 Km. Only totalled one car (the second >> A Mazda GLC , my first being a 65 chevy Impala with a 6 cyl which had the greatest problem overcoming the 55 MPH limits), and since then I've only had a few brushes (bent or scratched metal) and I have a B/M of 3 (normal is 11 and it'sgetting really hazrd to find insurance at 17) . Never a suspended license, never burned ared light (but a few overiped oranges well), haven't gotten a ticket in the last three years (except parking).

I am very polite and careful of pedestrians, but if I can squish the seven poodles of this old lady that has them pooping all over the place, I will make sure I hit her instead of the poodles.

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: chamberry
Date Posted: June 30 2007 at 13:36
I can be both good and bad to the bone.

I've been driving alone for about 3 months now so I'm still learning the ropes when it gets difficult.

-------------

Posted By: mr_johnny_lee
Date Posted: July 02 2007 at 12:17
I am overall a safe driver but needsa lot more experience...I've passed my exam 18 months ago but I rarely get the chance to drive so whenever I do I still get a bit nervous.

-------------
Jon
Sheffield, England (currently residing in Tokyo, Japan)

Posted By: Tapfret
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 14:52
My wife constantly nags at my driving, so yes, I'm an awesome driver!

-------------
https://www.last.fm/user/Tapfret" rel="nofollow">
https://bandcamp.com/tapfret" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 15:05
I have no idea how I got my driving license.

Posted By: Chicapah
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 15:12
To quote Dustin Hoffman's character in "Rainman,"

I'm an excellent driver...

Seriously, the secret is just to be aware of what's going on around you.  You can call the person back when you get where you're going.  Pay attention to the road!

-------------
"Literature is well enough, as a time-passer, and for the improvement and general elevation and purification of mankind, but it has no practical value" - Mark Twain

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 15:22
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Could you do me a small favour and paint your car fluorescent green or something, just on the off chance I should happen to drive through Finland for any reason...Wink

-------------
What?

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 15:49
Originally posted by darqdean darqdean wrote:

Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Could you do me a small favour and paint your car fluorescent green or something, just on the off chance I should happen to drive through Finland for any reason...Wink

Luckily I don't have a car. Smile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk