Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40179
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 14:53
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Is Hansson & Karlsson the first prog band
Posted By: oracus
Subject: Is Hansson & Karlsson the first prog band
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 15:01
Yes, i think they are. Have you heard them?
After that great listening experinece, i consider them the first real prog act.

Their first record came out in 1967, two years before 'In the Court of the Crimson King' my friends :-)

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 16:46
Who are they? Got any samples?

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 17:15
That would be Bo Hansson presumably.

As you are referring to his collaborations before his solo albums, this thread needs to go in the non-prog section.

Why not propose them for inclusion on the site?

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 18:26
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

That would be Bo Hansson presumably.

As you are referring to his collaborations before his solo albums, this thread needs to go in the non-prog section.

Why not propose them for inclusion on the site?

I, and many others consider them progressive. But i think most of the people will say that they plaing fusion. So you are right.

I don't know how to propose them for inclusion, but i will definately find out :D

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 18:29
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Who are they? Got any samples?

I don't have any right now but i will make tomorrow (if i find the right program in linux:-))

-------------

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 19:00
Bob.... they are on the master list  for addition as a proto group...  it was Bo Hansson's group before he went 'solo'. Seperate from his solo work.....  BIG influence and may have been the first prog band.  I made a topic on them last year in the collab area.  If you all feel like taking up.. .or when you do.. feel like taking up another proto addition.  They could be discussed by the admin team.  No hurry of course. They are a no brainer in my book. Clap

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Posted By: erik neuteboom
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 19:04
A great band with awesome Hammond organ work, they were the support act of Jimi Hendrix when he was touring in Sweden and they even became friends! I own a CD compilation and support an addition but to me they sound more as jazz/jazzrock/fusion than proto-prog.

Posted By: SilverAnubis
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 23:36
Frank Zappaīs Freak Out! is not before than album? Itīs from 1966, rigth? I think thatīs very first Progressive album.

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 23:44
let's remember also that Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack was released in '67 (not that Hansson&Karlsson shouldn't be here.. they probably should).

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 03:59
Do you have someone ready to add them Micky? If so, I'll ask the AT for the nod.

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 09:06

Do you have someone ready to add them Micky? If so, I'll ask the AT for the nod.

yeah... me I guess,  at the risk of being accused of being consumed with 'non-prog' addtions LOL.... I was going to add them last year before the changes in admission policy and I didn't push it with the admin team. I couldn't gauge whether people were against them...or just didn't know them... Erik was the only one who posted in that thread I started.

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 11:39
OK, I'll ask the Admin team for a decision.

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 11:41

OK, I'll ask the Admin team for a decision.

cool.... you've got my number... drop me a line when you all decide hahha Wink

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 17:00
Approved by the Admin team for addition as Proto Prog.

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 17:33

Approved by the Admin team for addition as Proto Prog.

groovy...

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 17:47
Clap Well done. I just checked out some samples I got today, and I concluded that they were more progressive (or at least less accessible) than The Moody Blues, but maybe not as true prog as ITCOTCK. 

-------------
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 17:49

Clap Well done. I just checked out some samples I got today, and I concluded that they were more progressive (or at least less accessible) than The Moody Blues, but maybe not as true prog as ITCOTCK. 

some clappies back ya

ClapClap

their albums are out of print (at least last I heard) but there is an excellent compilation album with large parts of their output on it.

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 18:13
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

some clappies back ya

ClapClap

their albums are out of print (at least last I heard) but there is an excellent compilation album with large parts of their output on it.

Noted. I will add them to the list of bands that may one day be part of the catalog at "Angelo's vintage2cd"...

-------------

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 20:27
Hansson and Karlsson? Never heard of them...EmbarrassedCry.... But what about Hanson? don't you think "mmmbop" was the culmination of all the developments in prog music??

Tongue

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk