Forum Description: General progressive music discussions
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40650
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 20:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Psychotic Waltz reunion misunderstanding
Posted By: Psychotic_Waltz
Subject: Psychotic Waltz reunion misunderstanding
Date Posted: August 07 2007 at 05:19
Hey guys, I'm new in this forum. I had to post something that concerned me a lot the last 2 months or so. There have been rumors about a Psychotic Waltz reunion but I have my reasons to believe that this would never happen, not even to our dreams since, the fans, we all know that the members do not will to do it and to be really honest, they don't need to do such thing. They've acquired as much fame as they could with their  excellent musical skills and their genuine style.

Have you heard anything? Some people say that Dan Rock said that he's thinking really seriously the reunion thing. I'm not a pessimist but I don't  believe it. Confused

By the way, a recent reunion concert I attempted was good, not brilliant as all fans expected but good. I'm talking about Cynic and the absence of Malone, his vocals were pre-recorded.

Anyway,  any words about the reunion of Waltz or anything relevant? reunions etc...

-------------
Tiny streams of orchestration...

Replies:
Posted By: Elovec
Date Posted: August 07 2007 at 13:28
In my opinion, Psychotic Waltz would get much more attention nowadays, than in the past. Today's, prog metal is at grace, and all the communication and information stuff (like internet) is available.

Anyway, it would be great, if they reunite at any time.

Posted By: AngelRat
Date Posted: August 07 2007 at 18:18
I wonder if Buddy / Devon is interested. He seems to be much happier now with Dead Soul Tribe than he ever was with PW.

-------------

Posted By: Bj-1
Date Posted: August 07 2007 at 18:23
Im not too sure about this either, but It would have been great though. They released some really incredible albums back when they were active, like 'Into the Everflow' which is a near-masterpiece.

-------------
RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
http://www.last.fm/music/Exerior" rel="nofollow - EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!

Date Posted: August 08 2007 at 10:11
Originally posted by AngelRat AngelRat wrote:

I wonder if Buddy / Devon is interested. He seems to be much happier now with Dead Soul Tribe than he ever was with PW.

that's true but if we're talking about a one/two concerts reunion just for the feeling and the fans then I think that it would make deadsoul tribe fame grow bigger.

-------------

Posted By: AngelRat
Date Posted: August 08 2007 at 18:53

Who knows. They won't be the first to do this kind of one-off reunion. I would love to see it!

-------------

Date Posted: August 09 2007 at 04:52
Embarrassed  me and some lunatic friends from Greece say that we would faint  even if we heard a note out of Dan's guitar... so it would be excellent if they reunited...

Sleepy but in my opinion... they won't. and they'll do the best thing , since they have completely overtaken our minds :p

(crazy fan mode off)

-------------

Posted By: Norbert
Date Posted: August 14 2007 at 05:45
 If they really were active again, well that would be fabulous.
 Well, I would go and see them in any case, even if I don't like one tour reunionswithout new music.
Probably the reunion won't happen, but that's not really important, we have four excellent albums, the band's music is listened maybe more these days, than it was in the early ninties.

Posted By: The Eldritch
Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 14:47
Wouldn't mind seeing a reunion of PW, but it definately won't happen...least I'm 99 % sure of that. Dan isn't really playing that much guitar anymore. He's just playing for the fun of it, whenever he feels like it, which isn't that much. That's what he told me, at least.

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 14:50
This isn't really a press release about a prog event,but a discussion about whether people would like PW to re-unite.This should go in the PML.

-------------

Posted By: aapatsos
Date Posted: November 19 2007 at 16:40
just to give my thoughts from a personal experience

a couple of years ago, I - by chance - happened to communicate with Dan Rock by e-mail
he told he is not even thinking of music, he is into other stuff, family etc.
he was not even familiar to the existence of Deadsoul Tribe...
oh, and he prefers listening to the Beatles (at least those days)

'nuff said...

Posted By: spo1977
Date Posted: November 20 2007 at 02:25
The drummer also thinks the band will never reform.

Posted By: archivep
Date Posted: November 22 2007 at 03:14
Philosophy of most reunions is simple. If managers in record labels feel some pressure in the public to reunion some band, they feel to get a good money, so they try to do everything to reunite the band and to release the record as soon as possible.
Anyway I´m a big fan of P.Waltz and DSTribe as well, so I would be very happy to listen to some new stuff from P.Waltz again !

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk