Print Page | Close Window

Rush Fan Central

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
Forum Description: Discuss specific prog bands and their members or a specific sub-genre
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40947
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 09:37
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rush Fan Central
Posted By: StyLaZyn
Subject: Rush Fan Central
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 13:33
OK, admins, I don't know your take on this thread, but thought I'd give it a go. It is what it says it is. A thread for Rush fans. It would be a nice idea for a sub-forum perhaps to have threads devoted to bands, similar to the appreciation threads we see.

And with that, I'd like to relay some info pertaining to the House Music played during the current Rush tour, if any of you didn't catch it. This list was chosen by The Professor. Quite a few Prog tunes, eh?

Tommy Overture - The Who
Mojo Pin - Jeff Buckley
Trains - Porcupine Tree
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
In the Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson
Fear of a Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree
Welcome to the Machine - Pink Floyd
Eria Tarka - The Mars Volta
Roundabout - Yes
Looking for a Place to Happen - The Tragically Hip
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
Baba O'Reilly - The Who
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
2112 Overture - String Ensemble
The Temples of Syrinx - String Ensemble
I Know What I Like - Genesis
The Prophet - Yes
Hallelujuah - Jeff Buckley
18 People Live in Harmony - Dredg
Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
Bobcaygeon - The Tragically Hip
21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson
Inertiatic E. S. P. - The Mars Volta
The Sound of Muzak - Porcupine Tree
Echo - Vertical Horizon
Fifty Mission Cap - The Tragically Hip
So Real - Jeff Buckley
Time - Pink Floyd
Good Days, Bad Days - Richard Butler
No Opportunity Necessary - Yes
Anesthetize - Porcupine Tree
Say Hello 2 Heaven - Temple of the Dog
Babe I'm Gonna Leave you - Led Zeppelin
Open Car - Porcupine Tree
Evenflow - Pearl Jam
Hells Bells - AC/DC
Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull
How Many More Times - Led Zeppelin
Us and Them - Pink Floyd

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: rushaholic
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 13:59
I noticed that as well - a lot of great music played before the concert and during the break.  Nice to know Neal made the picks.

Posted By: Philéas
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 14:27
I like Neil's taste. 

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 14:30
Let's let the thread run here meanwhile, and see if it is a Prog music discussion.

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 17:41
That's a hell of a list... Can't wait to see them again in October!Clap

Posted By: erik neuteboom
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 17:45

Next month a very good friend will give me his scan so I can posts my Rush photos from the late Seventies and early Eighties here in this Rush fan thread, I think Tony R30 will sell his wife to get these pictures Wink

Posted By: Melomaniac
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 17:46
Rabid Rush fan here.  Seen every tour ever since Presto and saw them twice during the Vapor Trails tour (Montreal, Toronto).

The best opening act I've seen for Rush was Voivod (Presto, Nothingface).  My first Rush concert and I was also a Voivod fan. 

So why not use this space to mention what albums are our favorites and least favorites ?  For me, Test for Echo is my least favorite ; even though it had a few good songs (Title track, Driven, Time and Motion and Half the World to a certain extent), I think it was their least inspired album, followed closely by Roll the Bones.

I will think about which is my favorite, I think it will be easier if I do it by period... and even then...

First period : Caress of Steel or 2112
Second Period : Confused they are all great (AFTK, Hemispheres, PW, MP... I think MP is that period's crowning achievement
Third Period : Power Windows (followed by Grace Under Pressure)
Fourth Period : Counterparts (followed closely by Presto)
Fifth Period : Snakes and Arrows (Vapor Trails was an amazing album despite the horrible production values).

What say you ?

-------------
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio

Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 17:48

Melomaniac, I have seen almost every Rush tour until Presto Wink Every gig was great but during the latest tour in 2006 I missed my ear plugs Dead

Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 17:50
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

Melomaniac, I have seen almost every Rush tour until Presto Wink Every gig was great but during the latest tour in 2006 I missed my ear plugs Dead

That means you probably saw the Rush/Marillion tour ?

-------------
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio

Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 17:54
No Melomaniac but when was that because after Presto I left Rush and after Clutching At Straws I left Marillion LOL ?!

Posted By: willy
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 18:30
i remember hearing Genesis, KC, Zeppelin, Hendrix, and a few others from the list.   However its kind of a shame i didnt get to hear the string ensemble version of 2112

-------------

Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 19:17
Originally posted by Melomaniac Melomaniac wrote:

That means you probably saw the Rush/Marillion tour ?

Ahem...

I saw Fish-era Marillion open for Rush in Rochester! Wink

It was a most excellent night start to finish. I believe it was the PoW tour.

-------------

Posted By: SnakePlisken
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 22:07
Why bother?

Just go to rushisaband.com which is the best Rush site to which you can possibly make a relevant Rush post.

Posted By: 1800iareyay
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 22:41
My first Rush show was this year when they started their tour in Atlanta. Killer setlist, and the pre-show tunes (Rich listed them) were terrific. I just wish I'd been alive to see more Rush shows

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 23:30

12 days and counting down for me.  Rush is playing Detroit on August 28th.  The first tour I saw was also the Presto tour with the giant inflatable Rabbits (and on one of the two nights the possibly inflated Playboy bunnies).  I have probably seen them 6 or 7 times since then, but I am not sure if that is every tour or not.  I definitely try to see them every time they come around.  I am trying to remember who the opening bands were.  It seems to me that they were by themselves most of the time, except for 1 tour with Primus and 1 tour with Eric Johnson.  It would have been cool to see them with Marillion, but I have only been listening to them for the last 2 or 3 years, so I probably wouldn't have known anything about them.

I am a fanboy, so I like everything that Rush has done.  I find something good to great in almost every song that they have done.  I think that my favorite album from them is probably Grace Under Pressure but it is probably a mood thing.  My strange look provoking comment is that Tom Sawyer and Free Will are my all time favorite songs, but Vital Signs is my favorite Rush song.  (Huh??!??) Confused

-------------

Posted By: SoundsofSeasons
Date Posted: August 17 2007 at 01:03
I was very happy to hear Natural Science at the concert in San Diego, my favorite song. However i was upset at the fact that i seemed to be the only person in a 20 yard radius standing up, singing, and air drumming to every song. Lots of the guys were just there cause it was a concert, and not true Rush fans. It kinda killed the mood for me for a bit, but then i realized i didn't care and I sang out even louder, it got some people near me going too! Of course, at least everyone woke up when they started playing Tom Sawyer. It was like " YAAA!!! TOM SAWYER!!!! (Everyone throws up the horns, and one guy throws his beer at the people in front of him). Uggggh! Don't these fools know any of their other songs?! Real quick though, the funniest thing of all, was the guy in front of me air drumming the songs perfectly just like me. Unfortunately, half way through the concert he was so drunk he was literally half a second off from Neil's drumming. rofl. I WIN!!!!

-------------
1 Chronicles 13:7-9

Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.

Date Posted: August 17 2007 at 02:21
Natural Science will be a sweet treat if they play it here in Detroit, which I assume they will since they usually stick with a pretty steady playlist, although I know that they like to change out songs here and there to try and keep it fresh for them.  I was kind of disappointed that the last playlist I saw had a lot of tracks from Snakes and Arrows.  I like Snakes and Arrows, and as a fan it is always a thrill to see the new material because it may be the one and only time they play it, but unfortunately new songs seem to bring down the energy level of the concert going crowd because of unfamiliarity.  Obviously the 10-20% of the crowd that are diehard Rush fans are thrilled but the 80-90% that are Tom Sawyer fans are clueless and it kind of ruins the atmosphere.  Hopefully, this won't be the case.

-------------

Date Posted: August 17 2007 at 04:55
In 1976 I had heard the 2-live LP All The World's A Stage (the title is derived from Shakespeare, funny contrast with the hardrock sound), I was impressed by the exciting guitar work (especially during 2112) and the inventive drumming. In 1977 I read a review about A Farewell To Kings in the famous Dutch music magazine Muziekkrant Oor: twanging acoustic guitars, Spanish guitar, Moog Taurus bass pedals, synthesizers and long and alternating compostions, this couldn't go wrong and indeed, since AFTK I am a Rush-head, I saw Rush for the first time on the annual Pinkpop Festival in 1979 and since then I have seen all tours until Presto. Then I was so disappointed about their sound that I stopped buying albums but the positive reactions on Snakes & Arrows were so massive that I decided to buy it and I have to conclude: Rush is still alive and proggin' Clap

My all time favorite Rush compositions are Xanadu, YYZ, Cygnus X-1, 2112 and La Villa Strangiato and my all time favorite studio-album is (at this moment Wink ) A Farewell To KIngs Clap

Date Posted: August 17 2007 at 08:02

In 1976 I had heard the 2-live LP All The World's A Stage (the title is derived from Shakespeare, funny contrast with the hardrock sound), I was impressed by the exciting guitar work (especially during 2112) and the inventive drumming. In 1977 I read a review about A Farewell To Kings in the famous Dutch music magazine Muziekkrant Oor: twanging acoustic guitars, Spanish guitar, Moog Taurus bass pedals, synthesizers and long and alternating compostions, this couldn't go wrong and indeed, since AFTK I am a Rush-head, I saw Rush for the first time on the annual Pinkpop Festival in 1979 and since then I have seen all tours until Presto. Then I was so disappointed about their sound that I stopped buying albums but the positive reactions on Snakes & Arrows were so massive that I decided to buy it and I have to conclude: Rush is still alive and proggin' Clap

My all time favorite Rush compositions are Xanadu, YYZ, Cygnus X-1, 2112 and La Villa Strangiato and my all time favorite studio-album is (at this moment Wink ) A Farewell To KIngs Clap

Is that the famous Pinkpop Festival with the awesome video of La Villa? The one where before the show, Alex shows off his smashed finger? I saw it on YouTube.  Also, there is an awesome recording of that show, I think.

-------------

Posted By: SoundsofSeasons
Date Posted: August 18 2007 at 02:28
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Natural Science will be a sweet treat if they play it here in Detroit, which I assume they will since they usually stick with a pretty steady playlist, although I know that they like to change out songs here and there to try and keep it fresh for them.  I was kind of disappointed that the last playlist I saw had a lot of tracks from Snakes and Arrows.  I like Snakes and Arrows, and as a fan it is always a thrill to see the new material because it may be the one and only time they play it, but unfortunately new songs seem to bring down the energy level of the concert going crowd because of unfamiliarity.  Obviously the 10-20% of the crowd that are diehard Rush fans are thrilled but the 80-90% that are Tom Sawyer fans are clueless and it kind of ruins the atmosphere.  Hopefully, this won't be the case.

Actually thats exactly what happened at the San Diego concert i was at. When they started playing lots of Snakes and Arrows, everyone sat down or went to the bathroom or for beer. It was disheartening, but i stuck with it. I had stayed up most of the night before listening to my ipod, and reading along with the slip cover, so i could sing every Snakes and Arrows song perfectly incase everyone around me stopped singing. If i didn't know the words i would have looked like a douche bag you know. Of course i perfectly memorized them so i did my Rush fanboy self proud. Big%20smile.

-------------
1 Chronicles 13:7-9

Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.

Date Posted: August 18 2007 at 05:00

Yes, StyLaZyn, a part of La Villa Strangiato is on a Pinkpop DVD, I have reviewed it here on Prog Archives. I remember that it was told that Alex Lifeson had an accident, some fingers were injured so he had to play with a sedative injection. A few years ago a Dutch journalist told me the reason why his fingers were hurt: it was because of a heavy night with a lady one night before the concert, let your fantasy flow Wink !

About that Pinkpop 1979 concert, during the epic Xanadu I was completely blown away when Alex and Geddy both appeared with double-neck guitars on stage (a Gibson and a Rickenbacker), MAGICAL!!

See:  http://www.rushphotoarchive.com/concert/concert.html - http://www.rushphotoarchive.com/concert/concert.html

Date Posted: August 21 2007 at 16:53
Strictly for Rush fans
http://competition.futurenet.com/classicrock/ - http://competition.futurenet.com/classicrock/

Tough choice since FOADP is great but since Rush is Classic Rock and PT isn't, the vote easily goes to Rush.

-------------

Posted By: E-Dub
Date Posted: August 21 2007 at 20:37
After 25 years of being a fan, I FINALLY get the opportunity to see my first Rush concert this coming Thursday. Also scored backstage passes, so it's going to be extra special. Friggin' can't wait.

E

-------------

Posted By: cookieacquired
Date Posted: August 21 2007 at 20:40
Originally posted by E-Dub E-Dub wrote:

After 25 years of being a fan, I FINALLY get the opportunity to see my first Rush concert this coming Thursday. Also scored backstage passes, so it's going to be extra special. Friggin' can't wait.

E

holy crow that sounds amazing

i shoulda got tickets

oh well

have fun!

-------------

Posted By: MrPlow
Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 00:15
Saw Snakes & Arrows at The Hollywood Bowl... Circumstances was a great treat (although they played it 2 keys lower than the studio version) Subdivisions was AMAZING.. Natural Science was great ..

Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 09:34

E

If you are meeting the band, maybe there is an outside chance to see about a future interview for PA. I know its a long shot, but it would be excellent if you scored.

-------------

Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 10:37
Originally posted by StyLaZyn StyLaZyn wrote:

E

If you are meeting the band, maybe there is an outside chance to see about a future interview for PA. I know its a long shot, but it would be excellent if you scored.

Man, I like that idea!!! I'll see what I can do. I've never been backstage to a show before, so I'm not sure what to expect.

I'm supposed to hear back from Mr. Syme sometime today regarding the passes; however, he said that 'it'll get done'.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 13:50
http://flashplayer.streamos.com/flvplayer.php?url=streamos.atlrec.com/flash/atlantic/rush/mvi_exclusive/rush_intv02_full.flv&autoplay=true&width=640&height=480&timestamp=1187737069&ttl=900&iprange=0.0.0.0/0&cryptosignature=4022C02BB2A5120CC0D1EB2A802E2A9BE5B05E67 - http://flashplayer.streamos.com/flvplayer.php?url=streamos.atlrec.com/flash/atlantic/rush/mvi_exclusive/rush_intv02_full.flv&autoplay=true&width=640&height=480&timestamp=1187737069&ttl=900&iprange=0.0.0.0/0&cryptosignature=4022C02BB2A5120CC0D1EB2A802E2A9BE5B05E67

The famous Eddie Trunk interview with Ged and Alex is now available. And a pretty good stream too!

-------------

Posted By: zachfive
Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 19:44
The rush concert, regardless of whether or not you enjoy Snakes&Arrows, is AWESOME. My one suggestion if you dont care for the new stuff is to take an extended intermission. However you must not miss Entre Nous, Mission, Circumstances,  Which Hunt, and  a couple others I wont name in case I'm spoiling it for someone.

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 19:47
Great list. The guy has a huge obsession with Jeff Buckley. He raves about him all throughout Traveling Music.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Date Posted: August 23 2007 at 04:57
Originally posted by zachfive zachfive wrote:

The rush concert, regardless of whether or not you enjoy Snakes&Arrows, is AWESOME. My one suggestion if you dont care for the new stuff is to take an extended intermission. However you must not miss Entre Nous, Mission, Circumstances,  Which Hunt, and  a couple others I wont name in case I'm spoiling it for someone.

Fortunately for me, I love Snakes & Arrows and am looking forward to hearing "Far Cry" tonight.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 09:40

E

I did get to meet Alex and Geddy last night; however, they really moved you along and you didn't have a chance to say a whole lot. Pretty much just had time to greet them and shake their hand, have a photo taken, and wish them a good show. I will venture to say that Alex could be one of the nicest people anyone could ever hope to meet. Very engaging and that smile just never leaves his face. Geddy was pretty quiet and less animated than Alex. As far as hitting them up for an interview, time just didn't permit.

As for the concert...amazing!

E

-------------

Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:00

Second Period : Confused they are all great (AFTK, Hemispheres, PW, MP... I think MP is that period's crowning achievement
Fifth Period : Snakes and Arrows (Vapor Trails was an amazing album despite the horrible production values).

What say you ?

I missed this one, but it looks like you're my long lost brother who moved to Canada LOL

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:02

E

I've been thinking about such an interview for while. I might try to get in touch with their management and have a go at it on October 16th in Rotterdam - if they allow me....

Also a long shot - given that I don't know their management Wink

-------------
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:03
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

What say you ?

I missed this one, but it looks like you're my long lost brother who moved to Canada LOL

I've often felt a kinship as well. Wink  I tend to think of it as great minds...

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:07

E

I've been thinking about such an interview for while. I might try to get in touch with their management and have a go at it on October 16th in Rotterdam - if they allow me....

Also a long shot - given that I don't know their management Wink

Yeah, that was the only bummer was being led in like cattle and asked to 'move it along'. Considering there were only about 40 of us, it would've been nice to be able to spend a little more time. Still, it was better than nothing.

Maybe if I get to know Syme a bit better; but, right now we've only worked on the one project and I'm FAR from being in his inner circle. I get the feeling that he'd prefer to keep me at arm's length until we work together a bit more. We've got some magazines coming up that really need to pop, so I may be giving him a call.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:15

What say you ?

I've often felt a kinship as well. Wink  I tend to think of it as great minds...

Smile

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:17

Yes, StyLaZyn, a part of La Villa Strangiato is on a Pinkpop DVD, I have reviewed it here on Prog Archives. I remember that it was told that Alex Lifeson had an accident, some fingers were injured so he had to play with a sedative injection. A few years ago a Dutch journalist told me the reason why his fingers were hurt: it was because of a heavy night with a lady one night before the concert, let your fantasy flow Wink !

About that Pinkpop 1979 concert, during the epic Xanadu I was completely blown away when Alex and Geddy both appeared with double-neck guitars on stage (a Gibson and a Rickenbacker), MAGICAL!!

[PICTURE SKIPPED]

See:  http://www.rushphotoarchive.com/concert/concert.html - http://www.rushphotoarchive.com/concert/concert.html

That's an amazing sight, Erik. I've seen some of the Pinkpop footage on YouTube a while ago. If only I hadn't been only 5 years old when Rush visited Pinkpop...
That picture is my desktop wallpaper from now on (replacing the Pink Floyd body painted ladies who have been there for almost a year).

EDIT: one question about the picture remains... Why did they put Geddy's head on backwards? No need to show off like that Wink

-------------

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:18

E

I did get to meet Alex and Geddy last night; however, they really moved you along and you didn't have a chance to say a whole lot. Pretty much just had time to greet them and shake their hand, have a photo taken, and wish them a good show. I will venture to say that Alex could be one of the nicest people anyone could ever hope to meet. Very engaging and that smile just never leaves his face. Geddy was pretty quiet and less animated than Alex. As far as hitting them up for an interview, time just didn't permit.

E

Awesome story E, what a way to enjoy your first Rush concert!  Clap

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 12:17

What say you ?

So I take it you guys have the same set of favorites ?
Clap

Ok, here is something : which more obscure (meaning they never or almost never played it live and does not figure on any compilation) Rush song is your favorite ?

Mine, for the moment (as is always the case with Rush, except this one has been among my favorites for such a long time), would be Losing It from Signals.  Such a poignant and truly different song from Rush.  Ben Mink's violin is spine-chilling.  I would be so happy to see them play this one live, with Mink doing his thing on stage, it would truly be a magical moment !

-------------

Posted By: 1800iareyay
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 12:22
Mission from Hold Your Fire. One of only two good songs on the album, and rarely played. They played it when I saw them in Atlanta and I nearly cried with joy.

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 12:23

Clap

Ok, here is something : which more obscure (meaning they never or almost never played it live and does not figure on any compilation) Rush song is your favorite ?

Mine, for the moment (as is always the case with Rush, except this one has been among my favorites for such a long time), would be Losing It from Signals.  Such a poignant and truly different song from Rush.  Ben Mink's violin is spine-chilling.  I would be so happy to see them play this one live, with Mink doing his thing on stage, it would truly be a magical moment !

Damn it!  You did it again. Yes. Losing It is amazing! I had thought they once did it while touring with FM but i couldn't find record of it. Played live that song would bring the house down.

Second choice? Right now, but way too soon, Faithless. I like the way Neil states opinion without being demeaning.

Third choice...don't laugh, Before and After. The bluesiness of the song would fit perfectly with the current tour after The Way The Wind Blows.

-------------

Posted By: Yorkie X
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 12:23
Love old Rush !!!  ... modern Rush bore me silly I`m afraid .. cut paste edit ..  lets make an album over the internet guys ..  send me a pic of the expression on your face when I play my new drum fill  ... its pathetic just like plastic

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 12:31
Originally posted by Yorkie X Yorkie X wrote:

Love old Rush !!!  ... modern Rush bore me silly I`m afraid .. cut paste edit ..  lets make an album over the internet guys ..  send me a pic of the expression on your face when I play my new drum fill  ... its pathetic just like plastic

Confused

I don't mean to burst your bubble Yorkie, but it seems you have to read "Contents Under Pressure : 30 Years of Rush".  Author Martin Popoff interviews the band and collects their thoughts on an "album by album basis".  This way you may learn more about how they do their albums.Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 12:34

Clap

Damn it!  You did it again. Yes. Losing It is amazing! I had thought they once did it while touring with FM but i couldn't find record of it. Played live that song would bring the house down.

Second choice? Right now, but way too soon, Faithless. I like the way Neil states opinion without being demeaning.

Third choice...don't laugh, Before and After. The bluesiness of the song would fit perfectly with the current tour after The Way The Wind Blows.

Nice choices Rich (and no I'm not laughing at Before and After, I like it too !), I'll try to provide 2 more choices...

2nd choice : Vital SIgns (Moving Pictures).  Rarely included into the set, I had the pleasure of hearing live in Toronto in the Vapor Trails tour.  An unsung classic.

3rd choice : The Necromancer (Caress of Steel).  So dark, so heavy, love that one.

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 12:42
Originally posted by Yorkie X Yorkie X wrote:

They sent ideas but also jammed together. No cut and paste. It was a mode for ideas only. BTW...MalNar was a result of Ged jamming by himself when the producer suggested he make a song of the idea. That was a total impromptu creation. There is a YouTube interview about it but I don't have the link.

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 18:57
Originally posted by NaturalScience NaturalScience wrote:

E

E

Awesome story E, what a way to enjoy your first Rush concert!  Clap

Thanks, Patrick. It was a hell of a concert.

E

-------------

Posted By: Shakespeare
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 19:08
I'm seeing Rush Sept. 21st.

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 00:02
They will be taking the stage here in Michigan in 19 hours and 35 minutes.  I am currently watching the Exit...Stage Left Video from the Replay X 3 set.  I am getting stoked (do people still get stoked? he wonders).  I have lost track at the number of times that I have seen Rush now.  This is probably a historical 10th time or something but at any rate I am getting geeked (that is probably a more appropriate term for a prog fan, he thought to himself).  Nothing like some "Trees" before traveling to "Xanadu".   

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 11:48
8 hours until showtime and I am rocking out to the R30 bonus CDs.  Oh yeah, it is going to be a great show tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 11:53

8 hours until showtime and I am rocking out to the R30 bonus CDs.  Oh yeah, it is going to be a great show tonight.

Hope you have a blast !

I'll be seeing them on Saturday September 15th here in Montreal, right after Genesis (September 14th).  What a week-end I'll be having ! Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 12:00

"Grand Designs" from Power Windows.

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 12:12

Hope you have a blast !

I'll be seeing them on Saturday September 15th here in Montreal, right after Genesis (September 14th).  What a week-end I'll be having ! Big%20smile

That will be a great weekend!!!

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 12:25

"Grand Designs" from Power Windows.
Clap
LOVE that song !

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:04
I use to be like so many of you, only liking the "old Rush" ( the 70's) That was true until I fell in love with Hold Your Fire, in my opinion there is not a bad song on this album. After that, I made myself listen to all their "newer" stuff and now, I actually prefer it over their older music. My favorite albums are Power Windows(territories/Manhattan project), Hold Your Fire(prime mover/high water), Test for Echo(totem/time and motion), and Grace Under Pressure(enemy within/body electric). I guess I just love anything those three brilliant b*****ds create.

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:11

I use to be like so many of you, only liking the "old Rush" ( the 70's) That was true until I fell in love with Hold Your Fire, in my opinion there is not a bad song on this album. After that, I made myself listen to all their "newer" stuff and now, I actually prefer it over their older music. My favorite albums are Power Windows(territories/Manhattan project), Hold Your Fire(prime mover/high water), Test for Echo(totem/time and motion), and Grace Under Pressure(enemy within/body electric). I guess I just love anything those three brilliant b*****ds create.

You are in good company! Wink

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:13

I use to be like so many of you, only liking the "old Rush" ( the 70's) That was true until I fell in love with Hold Your Fire, in my opinion there is not a bad song on this album.

That album usually gets a lot of flak, but there are some really outstanding songs on there, particularly once you get past the two "hits", Force Ten and Time Stand Still, which are in my opinion good but not great.  Open Secrets, Mission, Turn the Page...I've always thought these were fantastic songs.

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:25

I use to be like so many of you, only liking the "old Rush" ( the 70's) That was true until I fell in love with Hold Your Fire, in my opinion there is not a bad song on this album.

That album usually gets a lot of flak, but there are some really outstanding songs on there, particularly once you get past the two "hits", Force Ten and Time Stand Still, which are in my opinion good but not great.  Open Secrets, Mission, Turn the Page...I've always thought these were fantastic songs.
No love for Lock & Key ?

It was the first Rush song I heard when the video came out and made me want to investigate.
About Hold Your Fire, I myself like it but I think it was a bit too long.  Let's keep in mind it was their first album made for the CD format, and they had to put out 2 more songs than they usually did (the previous three albums all had 8 songs, HYF had ten).  I think the album would have been better received without Tai Shan and High Water.  The rest is almost as good as Power Windows.  In fact, apart from the two songs I mentioned, I love every song on this album.  And even if Force Ten was a single, it's the song that rocked the most on HYF.

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:42
  "I think the album would have been better received without Tai Shan and High Water."

I love both these songs, however I do agree with you that it was too long, but I would drop the mainstream songs Time Stand Still and Force Ten.

Also I failed to acknowledge the brilliance of Presto. Anagram, Scars, War Paint, Superconductor, Chain Lighting, and Show Don't Tell (Geddy's Bass work on this song is amazing!) are all fabulous songs, if not lyrically then musically and vice versa.

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:46

"I think the album would have been better received without Tai Shan and High Water."

I love both these songs, however I do agree with you that it was too long, but I would drop the mainstream songs Time Stand Still and Force Ten.

Also I failed to acknowledge the brilliance of Presto. Anagram, Scars, War Paint, Superconductor, Chain Lighting, and Show Don't Tell (Geddy's Bass work on this song is amazing!) are all fabulous songs, if not lyrically then musically and vice versa.

Yes, although my favorite on Presto is "The Pass".

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:49

No love for Lock & Key ?

That's a great song too.  I was listing the ones that stood out in particular for me.

And even if Force Ten was a single, it's the song that rocked the most on HYF.

No doubt.  It was the opener for my first Rush show, and I think it rocked even more live.

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:53

I LOVE Presto, save for 2 songs (again) : Hand Over Fist and Anagram.  Show Don't Tell (amazing song and bass solo), Chain Lightning, The Pass (WAY better than Bravado), War Paint, Scars (amazing drums), Presto (love that acoustic), Red Tide (reminiscent of their Power Windows days) and Available Light (a very surprising yet wonderful song).  Production wise, my only complaint about this album is the lack of bottom.  Some songs should've sounded a lot more powerful than they have.

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 14:59

Production wise, my only complaint about this album is the lack of bottom.  Some songs should've sounded a lot more powerful than they have.

We are again in agreement!  Tongue

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 15:07

Production wise, my only complaint about this album is the lack of bottom.  Some songs should've sounded a lot more powerful than they have.

Tongue

Same thing about Roll The Bones, except it was less inspired.  Roll the Bones is my least favorite Rush along with Test for Echo.

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 15:22
I'll accept the bashing of Roll the Bones because that is probably their weakest album,  but leave T4E alone. The only song I cant stand off the album is Dog Years, its right up there with I Think Im Going Bald. (The 2 rush songs I actually hate.)

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 15:28

I'll accept the bashing of Roll the Bones because that is probably their weakest album,  but leave T4E alone. The only song I cant stand off the album is Dog Years, its right up there with I Think Im Going Bald. (The 2 rush songs I actually hate.)

Need I name other awful songs from T4E ?  Like... Totem ?  Carve Away the Stone ?  The Color of Right ?  Virtuality (nice verse, awful chorus) ?  In my opinion it may even surpass Roll the Bones as Rush's worst album.  I expected so much of this album after Counterparts, and this was what we got.  And to think it came this close to being their last album...

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 16:21

Personally, I really like both albums, Roll the Bones and Test 4 Echo, but again, Rush has really never disappointed me. 

In regards to "I Think I'm Going Bald" I always get a kick out of this song.  It showed Neil and Rush had a sense of humor.  Although that song was from the 70's, during the 90's and 00's Neil has always wore doo-rags or hats and there were rumors that he had cancer and that he was going bald.  I am also quite surprised that Rogaine has never picked up on this song as an advertising gimmick.

P.S.  3 hours and 15 minutes until show time.

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 18:08

About Hold Your Fire, I myself like it but I think it was a bit too long.  Let's keep in mind it was their first album made for the CD format, and they had to put out 2 more songs than they usually did (the previous three albums all had 8 songs, HYF had ten).  I think the album would have been better received without Tai Shan and High Water.  The rest is almost as good as Power Windows.  In fact, apart from the two songs I mentioned, I love every song on this album.  And even if Force Ten was a single, it's the song that rocked the most on HYF.

OUCH! I love the beat for High Water. I learned that beat because I thought it was one of Neil's best patterns. Tai Shan, well, maybe a little cheesy for me, but I look at Rush as being exploratory.  One thing that I love about the song are the string bends on the Synth.

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 18:11

I totally agree as well. I wish this album could be "repaired". I've messed with EQ'ing the music myself to bring up the bottom. But worse, the highs, especially Alex's acoustic, really bother me.  Nothing can remedy this. I fault Rupert Hine, but maybe it's not his doing. He is also behind RTB.

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 23:41

Need I name other awful songs from T4E ?  Like... Totem ?  Carve Away the Stone ?  The Color of Right ?  Virtuality (nice verse, awful chorus) ?  In my opinion it may even surpass Roll the Bones as Rush's worst album.  I expected so much of this album after Counterparts, and this was what we got.  And to think it came this close to being their last album...

Ummm i suggest you re-listen to  Totem and Carve Away the Stone; they're both solid Rush songs musically and lyrically. As for your ill comment about Virtuality;  I agree the lyrics are a bit obscure ( about people meeting over the internet ) however the instruments are outstanding; listen from 2:55 to 3:16, around this time is when the musical aspect of the song is the best, especially the bass. Once again I dont really like the lyrics, but the musicianship is perfect ( as are most, if not all Rush songs)

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 10:17
Love this thread ; it's one of the few threads where we can have different opinions about something yet nobody loses their temper or starts insulting one another...  Exactly the way these forums ought to be !  Cheers to you all !!!

Clap

I'd like to know your opinions on Victor (Lifeson's solo effort) and Geddy Lee's Favorite Headache.  Personally I love them both.  I think Geddy's choice of musicians (Soundgarden's Matt Cameron on drums and Ben Mink on guitars, violin and songwriting) was excellent, and he also wrot some great lyrics ; I wouldn't mind him writing a few for Rush. 

Victor's album was very good.  Some interesting experimentations in there, great songwriting and musical execution from everyone involved.  Dalbello's voice in "Start Today" amazes me every time I hear it.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if they decided to throw one song from each of these two albums in Rush's live set.  Because, let's face it, some of these songs (or maybe riffs) would have been on a Rush album had nothing happened to Neil during this time.  My choices ?  My Favorite Headache from Geddy's album and Promise from Victor.

What about you ?

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 11:37

OUCH! I love the beat for High Water. I learned that beat because I thought it was one of Neil's best patterns. Tai Shan, well, maybe a little cheesy for me, but I look at Rush as being exploratory.  One thing that I love about the song are the string bends on the Synth.

Not sure why this disc always gets lambasted. I think the production is spot on and the music is very sturdy. Maybe not as strong as it's predecessor, but enjoy it immensely. Love Lifeson's solo on "Mission".

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 11:48

Not sure why this disc always gets lambasted. I think the production is spot on and the music is very sturdy. Maybe not as strong as it's predecessor, but enjoy it immensely. Love Lifeson's solo on "Mission".

E
Confused
I never thought my expressing my dislike for two songs on an album  would be perceived as what you call lambasting (or whatever).  I enjoy all songs but those two, after all !  Read the blue characters !  Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:14
Not exactly directed towards you, Big Man. Just saying in general. Hell, even during a phone conversation with a buddy last week he expressed his distaste for it. I understood your position perfectly.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:25

Not exactly directed towards you, Big Man. Just saying in general. Hell, even during a phone conversation with a buddy last week he expressed his distaste for it. I understood your position perfectly.

E
Oh, that's clearer Eric, thanks ! Big%20smile  It is true that it sometimes gets generally bashed (harsh word, T4E and RTB get bashed, but not HYF) unjustifiably.  I think the 2 I mentioned somewhat deserve the bashing, even though there are great songs on each (Dreamline, Bravado, Where's My thing and Ghost of a Chance from RTB, T4E, Driven, Time and Motion, Limbo from T4E).

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:52
Hold Your Fire was the one Rush CD it took me a while to appreciate. I was immediately turned off by "I don't want to face the killer instinct. Face it in you or me." I initially thought it was a wimpy lyric. Also, probably because of a fellow Rush fan's words "Why the hell is Geddy trying to do? He can't sing and he's trying to sound like he can." I took those words to heart.

Over a few years time, I allowed myself to better understand the concept and what Neil as getting at.  And with Geddy, his voice never bothered me like it does to some. Rush wouldn't be who they are without that distinctive voice.

HYF is a solid album and is comprised of excellent material. I am a big fan of the drumming near the end of Mission, and as I mentioned before, the beat of High Water.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:54
Got a favorite Rush mix? What's in it? I have one that is nothing but the last songs on studio albums, with a few exceptions due to CD space.

-------------

Posted By: paolo.beenees
Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:58
"Time Stand Still" is one of best songs Rush have ever recorded. It's got an impressive structure, a sort of constant "crescendo" from its almost shy beginning to its epic ending - underlined also by a growing complexity in Peart and Lee's rhythmic patterns. The melody is simply moving, as well as the lyrics. Does it sound poppish? I really don't care. Do you really think it's so easy to write a good pop song?

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 13:01
Re: Test For Echo, I played the hell out of that when I first got it (to the annoyance of my college roommates at the time Big%20smile), but I don't feel like it's stood the test of time.  Maybe I'll give it another spin sometime soon and see (haven't listened to it in years).  I will say that "Driven" remains the standout for me, love that track and especially love the performance of it on Different Stages.  The title track is also great, too.

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 13:08

Re: Test For Echo, I played the hell out of that when I first got it (to the annoyance of my college roommates at the time Big%20smile), but I don't feel like it's stood the test of time.  Maybe I'll give it another spin sometime soon and see (haven't listened to it in years).  I will say that "Driven" remains the standout for me, love that track and especially love the performance of it on Different Stages.  The title track is also great, too.

Don't slam me for this. TFE is some great Rush song put to poor lyrics. It's as if Neil's head wasn't into it, but then again, it was a tough period for him.

It has so many musical high lights but they are countered with less than typical weak lyrics.

I did feel there was Progressiveness in it as well. Time and Motion, one of my all-time Rush faves, is a definite Progressive song.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 13:16

Got a favorite Rush mix? What's in it? I have one that is nothing but the last songs on studio albums, with a few exceptions due to CD space.

While at the show last night, I was thinking that I need to make a mixed CD of all of their instrumentals only.  I'm not sure how well they will fit onto a CD, but I think that that is going to be one of my goals. 

I made a mixed cassette tape a number of years ago on which I put the songs that I felt were the most obscure of their catalogue.  I don't remember all of what I put on there but as I recall I was going for the songs that they hadn't played live or on their Chronicles albums.  I guess that I was hoping to make a "new" Rush album by using songs that I didn't feel I was familiar with (probably because they weren't overplayed) and become more familiar with these songs.  I will have to go home and see if I can find that tape.  I am pretty sure that I had songs like Vital Signs, Cinderella Man, Something For Nothing and Circumstances on there.  Also, the Fear trilogy.

P.S. Excellent show by the way.  The set list was quite unexpected.  I haven't decided yet on whether or not that was a good thing.  They have so much material and so little time to play it.  I guess that I can take solace in the fact, that a lot of the songs that I wanted to hear, and they didn't play, I can go home and watch on DVD. I think that this set list may have been formulated for them to release a new concert DVD for which the fans will have to run out and buy again, because they won't be able to say they already have those songs on video.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 14:07

I'd like to know your opinions on Victor (Lifeson's solo effort) and Geddy Lee's Favorite Headache.  Personally I love them both.  I think Geddy's choice of musicians (Soundgarden's Matt Cameron on drums and Ben Mink on guitars, violin and songwriting) was excellent, and he also wrot some great lyrics ; I wouldn't mind him writing a few for Rush. 

Victor's album was very good.  Some interesting experimentations in there, great songwriting and musical execution from everyone involved.  Dalbello's voice in "Start Today" amazes me every time I hear it.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if they decided to throw one song from each of these two albums in Rush's live set.  Because, let's face it, some of these songs (or maybe riffs) would have been on a Rush album had nothing happened to Neil during this time.  My choices ?  My Favorite Headache from Geddy's album and Promise from Victor.

What about you ?

Sorry to quote myself, but I'd really like your opinions on this one.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 14:10

I think that this set list may have been formulated for them to release a new concert DVD for which the fans will have to run out and buy again, because they won't be able to say they already have those songs on video.

I'll be buying it if it comes out.  The near entirety of S&A played live ?  You bet I want to have it !

Speaking of S&A, besides the instrumentals, my favorite is Armour and Sword.  The most proggy song (with lyrics) on the record in my opinion, nice vocal melodies and harmonies, I love every little thing about this song.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 14:56

What about you ?

I haven't listened to My Favorite Headache nor Victor in quite a while.  I felt both were solid solo albums when I heard them.  I haven't listened to them in a while, so I will have to give them a listen and get back with you on this one.  I know that on Victor, I really liked Victor and Shut Up and Play the Guitar. 

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 15:15

I think that this set list may have been formulated for them to release a new concert DVD for which the fans will have to run out and buy again, because they won't be able to say they already have those songs on video.

I'll be buying it if it comes out.  The near entirety of S&A played live ?  You bet I want to have it !

Speaking of S&A, besides the instrumentals, my favorite is Armour and Sword.  The most proggy song (with lyrics) on the record in my opinion, nice vocal melodies and harmonies, I love every little thing about this song.

My comment was both truthful and sarcastic.  I saw on one of the threads somewhere somebody bashing Rush for releasing so many videos (probably Schizoid Man, but not positive).  I will most certainly be getting any new DVD release with this tour also. 

For me, there are so many good songs on S&A it is difficult to choose a favorite.  My word, 3 instrumentals on one Rush album (non-live).  I would agree that Armour and Sword is probably the most proggy, and best song with lyrics on the album.  I know that I am not supposed to like Far Cry because it is "the single", but I do.  The promo at the concert said that Far Cry was on the playlist at about 140 different radio stations nationwide.  Personally, I have never actually heard it on the radio, but then again, I hardly ever listen to the radio, so if radio stations are playing it, then maybe there is hope.  The live show opened my eyes (ears?) to The Larger Bowl, The Way the Wind Blows and Good News First.  All are excellent songs. 

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:08

My comment was both truthful and sarcastic.  I saw on one of the threads somewhere somebody bashing Rush for releasing so many videos (probably Schizoid Man, but not positive).  I will most certainly be getting any new DVD release with this tour also. 

For me, there are so many good songs on S&A it is difficult to choose a favorite.  My word, 3 instrumentals on one Rush album (non-live).  I would agree that Armour and Sword is probably the most proggy, and best song with lyrics on the album.  I know that I am not supposed to like Far Cry because it is "the single", but I do.  The promo at the concert said that Far Cry was on the playlist at about 140 different radio stations nationwide.  Personally, I have never actually heard it on the radio, but then again, I hardly ever listen to the radio, so if radio stations are playing it, then maybe there is hope.  The live show opened my eyes (ears?) to The Larger Bowl, The Way the Wind Blows and Good News First.  All are excellent songs. 

Far Cry rocks my socks off, man !  It's a bit idiot this thing of not liking singles ; this means we would have to hate so many good songs : Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Subdivisions, New World Man, Distant Early Warning, Big Money, The Manhattan Project, Force Ten, time Stand Still, SHow Don't Tell, The Pass, Dreamline, etc,etc,etc... all of which are EXCELLENT songs !  If there is one thing Rush are good at, it's actually writing excellent singles !

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:14

NS,

Test For Echo could be down the line a bit for me; however, I love "Half The World". Maybe I need to spin 'er again. I just know "Dog Years" doesn't do it for me.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:20

E
Oh, that's clearer Eric, thanks ! Big%20smile  It is true that it sometimes gets generally bashed (harsh word, T4E and RTB get bashed, but not HYF) unjustifiably.  I think the 2 I mentioned somewhat deserve the bashing, even though there are great songs on each (Dreamline, Bravado, Where's My thing and Ghost of a Chance from RTB, T4E, Driven, Time and Motion, Limbo from T4E).

Roll The Bones is still a favorite of mine. I think from top to bottom it's a solid effort with some curves thrown in. I need to listen to that one again.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:28
^ agreed.  The first time a friend of mine heard this song with me, she thought they were singing "Row the Boat".  Thus a good song for children too.  One of these days (not the PF song), I must write that parody.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:28
One of the biggest surprises I took away from last week's show is how well the new stuff holds up against the other material. I thought is sounded amazing (especially "The Main Monkey Business"). The second set after intermission started off with a good 4 or 5 songs from the new album, which was fine by me. "Far Cry" was a real killer live.

If they do another DVD, I'll get it.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:32

NS,

Test For Echo could be down the line a bit for me; however, I love "Half The World". Maybe I need to spin 'er again. I just know "Dog Years" doesn't do it for me.

E

Yeah, that track is indeed a "dog".  Wink

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:40

Don't slam me for this. TFE is some great Rush song put to poor lyrics. It's as if Neil's head wasn't into it, but then again, it was a tough period for him.

It has so many musical high lights but they are countered with less than typical weak lyrics.

I did feel there was Progressiveness in it as well. Time and Motion, one of my all-time Rush faves, is a definite Progressive song.

ClapHere Here. And a great example of great music but bad lyrics is Dog Years. I remember the first time i litened to it and during the begining it was great, then the first line of the song comes in : " In a dogs life a year is really more like seven..." yeah after that I just skip this song when it comes by, however its the only one on T4E I skip. Also Virtuality has some chesey lyrics but awesome music.

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:43
I suppose that even I must admit that they "kicked the pooch" on Dog Years.  I don't hate the song, but it has made me cringe.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 16:56
What about Grace Under Pressure? I remember seeing "Distant Early Warning" for the first time on MTV and really taken off guard by how different it was from anything they had done before. I bought the LP (remember those relics?), but just never embraced it fully. I went years without hearing it, but picked up the remastered about 5 years ago and now it's one of my favorites. It has a very searing coldness to it that I can appreciate now. "Between The Wheels" has always been a favorite, though. So glad they had that one in the set list.

From what I read, however, Peter Henderson was a pain in the Vick to work with, though. I guess the guy just waffled and could never make a decision himself. No wonder they never worked with him again.

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 17:03
I love GUP.  I think the only weak track in there is Kid Gloves, the rest are superb.  Geddy dubbed GUP as his most frustrating album mainly due to the problems with Henderson.  He says he likes the song on it but can't help but think of the context in which they were created and recorded (taken from Martin Popoff's Contents Under Pressure : 30 Years of Rush).

It also has to be said that Alex's least favorite Rush album is Signals, because of the original production, in which his guitars were barely audible.  The main reason behind Broon's "bane". Wink

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 17:05

What about you ?

Hey Eric,

Here is my review of Victor.
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=115077 - http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=115077

I like it better than Geddy's solo release. Hmmm...looks like another thing to put on the back burner.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 17:07

I love GUP.  I think the only weak track in there is Kid Gloves, the rest are superb.  

Funny, I love Kid Gloves, Lifeson rips off one of his best solos on that track.  Absolutely detest Red Lenses (that got me into trouble with Equality Embarrassed)

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 17:07

From what I read, however, Peter Henderson was a pain in the Vick to work with, though.

E

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 17:09

I love GUP.  I think the only weak track in there is Kid Gloves, the rest are superb.  

Funny, I love Kid Gloves, Lifeson rips off one of his best solos on that track.  Absolutely detest Red Lenses (that got me into trouble with Equality Embarrassed)

Yeah, Red Lenses is the other weakling, but it has it's moments, so that's why I didn't mention it.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 17:17
I couldn't resist to create another thread about Rush Wink :

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=42 - Prog Polls
Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20Icon Poll: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41270 - Who's the most creative Rush member? http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=3684&FID=42 - erik neuteboom 6 39 Today at 17:15
By http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=3963 - Equality 7-2521 http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41270&PID=2619531#2619531">View%20Last%20Post

I hope you will join it Thumbs%20Up

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk