Print Page | Close Window

Fish & Marillion on stage together again!

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41103
Printed Date: March 19 2024 at 00:10
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Fish & Marillion on stage together again!
Posted By: Wilcey
Subject: Fish & Marillion on stage together again!
Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 10:10
I don't know if this has been mentioned before... I couldn't find anything...

Is anyone from PA going to the *FREE* Fish gig in Aylesbury on Sunday (26th Aug) ???

It will be the first EVER time the Fishster has been able to do "Market Square Heroes" in THE actual market square.....quite an amazing and possibly rather emotional event!

It's part of a free all day music fest in Aylesbury market square....starting at about 11am, Fish due on stage at approx 5.45pm, and is promising to be a VERY special event indeed.... I have managed to move heaven and earth to get to this gig (an hour of reliving my mis-spent youth....worth every second I reckon!) My daughter has nicked my orig Clutching at Straws t-shirt to wear and I am getting unbelievably excited!

I hope some of you guys can make it along, I think it's going to be quite a blast!

P-C x

Replies:
Posted By: An old fart
Date Posted: August 22 2007 at 18:00
Why, oh, why, I don't live in Aylesbury or anywhere nearby? I believe Fish is going to base his set on Clutching at Straws and the yet unreleased new album (13th Star). Isn't difficult to guess that Market Square Heroes might be heard there that day as well...
I wish you a nice gig with your daughter and friends!

-------------
"Make tea, not love"

Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: August 25 2007 at 15:16

Well, how was he?

I'll be seeing the Great Man in Manchester in September, can't wait!

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 18:42
GROUP HUG!

FISH...............and friends on stage in Aylesbury this afternoon! Yes, that's Fish, Ian Mosley, Pete Trewavas, Steve Rothery and Mark Kelly in Aylesbury Market Square..singing Market Square Heroes..........I was in the square, I am a market square hero!!!

FLIPPIN AMAZING!!!!!

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 18:43

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 18:44

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 18:49
I am exhausted,  & a little wired... Fish did his solo set
Slainte
Circle Line
Manchmal
Hotel Hobbies
Warm Wet Circles
That Time Of The Night
Vigil
White Russian
cliche
Incommunicado
I think that's how it went (!?!?!?)

Then returned to the stage with all the old boys to do MSH...........IN THE MARKET SQUARE!!!! Incredible!!!
A few thousand screaming folk, grown men weeping, girls swooning.......... flipping incredible!!!
What a day!!!

P-C x

Posted By: Man Overboard
Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 20:58
Originally posted by prog-chick prog-chick wrote:

I am exhausted,  & a little wired... Fish did his solo set
Slainte
Circle Line
Manchmal
Hotel Hobbies
Warm Wet Circles
That Time Of The Night
Vigil
White Russian
cliche
Incommunicado
I think that's how it went (!?!?!?)

Then returned to the stage with all the old boys to do MSH...........IN THE MARKET SQUARE!!!! Incredible!!!
A few thousand screaming folk, grown men weeping, girls swooning.......... flipping incredible!!!
What a day!!!

P-C x

Would 'cliche' be Kayleigh, or a song by that name?  LOL

So wonderful to see the pictures, I feel like I'm living it vicariously!  So amazing...  and the picture of Fish and Pete sharing a hug, brings a tear to my eye, so moving Cry

-------------
https://soundcloud.com/erin-susan-jennings" rel="nofollow - Bedroom guitarist". Composer, Arranger, Producer. Perfection may not exist, but I may still choose to serve Perfection.

Commissions considered.

Posted By: erik neuteboom
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 03:39
Great to see my old progrock-messiah ("the giant with the soul of a child" Wink ) anno 2007, thanks for the pictures Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 04:30
^^^ nice one Rachel....Clap

it seams like a fabulous event to have been able to attend.....Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 05:26
It was really great, the whole show was really good, but counting on his 'old friends' and hugging them in turn as they took to the stage, the crowd in the square just went nuts.... I mean nuts.... then again hugging them all off stage, lots of smiles an it really was great to see..... Mark Kelly was grinning like a cheshire cat the whole time!

I am so glad I was there..... at the end of the song, when everyone was screaming their heads off, Fish said "Thankyou, I am the Fish, and they are Marillion" and bowed to the band...... and as the others walked from the stage he shouted "This is the first day of my f**king life!"

It was truly brilliant to be in that crowd!
There were about 15 (I kids ye not) pro/press photographers in the press area, so there should be some good pics about before long!

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 05:39
I got the set list wrong...it was.......

Slainte Mhath
Circle Line
So Fellini
Hotel Hobbies
Warm Wet Circles
That Time Of The Night
Manchmal
Vigil
White Russian
Cliche
Incommunicado

Market Square Heroes

Posted By: sleeper
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 07:42
Wow, I'm insanely jelous, wish I was there.

Great pics Rachel.Clap

-------------
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 07:56
It was just amazing...... wonderful experience, and I know that others who were there like me are in a bit of a daze today!

I kind of knew in advance this was happening, but had been sworn to secrecy..... I have been bursting with the secret and wanted EVERYONE to come along, but for those of us who were there, (and there was a fair old few) it was a very special day indeed!

Posted By: Prog-jester
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 08:51
Thnks 4 pix!!!

I know how you feel I adore these guys too

Posted By: RaphaelT
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 11:13

Damn it, it reminds me of 2003 when Peter Hammill, Guy Evans, David Jackson and Hugh Banton met together onstage, and one and half year later they did reunion.

I dream that they record rock-opera album, with both Fish and H - it should sound amazing!

-------------
yet you still have time!

Posted By: Yorkie X
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 11:48
I was devastated a long time ago when my at the time favorite band had changed how I missed Fish and Marillion together. ..  I`m almost afraid to entertain any ideas its a bit like breaking up with a person then them calling up for a catch up and you still care about them but you don't know if its worth the pain to get any hopes up. Thanks for the pics and news I`ll remain realistic about this emotional occasion 

how I feel about it >>  TongueShockedBig%20smileCryErmmClown

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 11:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DNvCnvb50A

Here is a link so you can see for yourselves!!!!

Posted By: emdiar
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 12:14
Excellent, I know how you must feel, PC. When I saw Steve Hillage & band play together for the first time in over 20 yrs, last year, and they did the Fish Rising set, you could have shot me through the head, my life was complete!

-------------
Perception is truth, ergo opinion is fact.

Posted By: emdiar
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 12:19
Originally posted by Yorkie X Yorkie X wrote:

I was devastated a long time ago when my at the time favorite band had changed how I missed Fish and Marillion together. ..  I`m almost afraid to entertain any ideas its a bit like breaking up with a person then them calling up for a catch up and you still care about them but you don't know if its worth the pain to get any hopes up. Thanks for the pics and news I`ll remain realistic about this emotional occasion 

how I feel about it >>  TongueShockedBig%20smileCryErmmClown

Great analogy.

-------------
Perception is truth, ergo opinion is fact.

Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 14:01
Brilliant pictures Rachel!!

Lucky to attend such a momentous event.

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 14:19
Proof I was there.... here is another You Tube clip and I am in it!!!!

%20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jv905vzaQc

(in the middle slightly to the left reddish brown bobbed hair..... yes... I had 11 inches of hair cut off last week!!!!!!)

Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 14:34
Shocked Wow Rachel - that's just amazing....

Now be prepared for a big hug from me at Symforce, I've always wanted to hug Fish, but a real Market Square Hero is a good alternative.... Wink

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 15:04
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Now be prepared for a big hug from me at Symforce Wink

...beware of strange men with outstretched arms, Rachel...Shocked

...if I was you, I'd head for the hills and don't look back....Stern%20Smile

...on second thoughts, you wouldn't be able to in the Netherlands, would you...LOL

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 15:10
strange men without stretch arms???? I saw a few of those yesterday!

Posted By: Angelo
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 15:15
LOL

-------------
http://www.iskcrocks.com" rel="nofollow - ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]

Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 15:20
^^^ it's just dawned on me Rachel...by going to Symforce, you'll be deserting Season's End in Bilston....what are they going to do without you???Shocked

-------------

Posted By: iguana
Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 08:17
whoa.

as longs as it remains a one-off, i shall stand astonished.

-------------
progressive rock and rural tranquility don't match. true or false?

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 09:10
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

^^^ it's just dawned on me Rachel...by going to Symforce, you'll be deserting Season's End in Bilston....what are they going to do without you???Shocked

Oh, I am sure they'll manage just fine....... obviously it just wont be the same, but they'll muddle through!!!

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 09:32
^^^ right, now I'm sure you're not going...

...I'll get my ticket booked.....Wink

-------------

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 10:39

feel the love!

Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 10:47
Originally posted by prog-chick prog-chick wrote:

feel the love!

Hug

-------------

Posted By: E-Dub
Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 10:57
Could be the prog rock event of the year, of not this young century so far. Who would've thought that the classic lineup would ever share a stage together. I bet the crowd went absolutely ballistic.

Thanks for the photos, Rachel. How lucky you are.

E

-------------

Posted By: E-Dub
Date Posted: August 28 2007 at 16:19
^^Of course the fact that Pink Floyd shared the stage with Roger Waters for Live 8 easily trumps the Marillion reunion. Just wanted to state that before I was lambasted. Wink

E

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 03:43
Here is another youtube of the Marillion/Fish event...... this one shows some crowd shots..... and I am in it!!!! (just to prove I was there!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwy2nFSyASU - WooooHoooo!

How exciting!

And this on http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6966603.stm - BBC News

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 06:36
Here are my few pics of the day, they are not great, and they are not many, I was too busy being swept away with the occaision!

http://www.pendragon.mu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16239#16239 - http://www.pendragon.mu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16239#16239
But I hope you enjoy them!
(you'll have to scroll down through the thread!)

R x

Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 07:24
^^^ really great photos, Rachel....nice one...Clap

-------------

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:53
How the hell did we miss this one - Aylesbury's only a hop skip & a jump from Stevenage

Arse!

Great reports Rachel

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: ProgRobUK
Date Posted: August 29 2007 at 19:50
Originally posted by emdiar emdiar wrote:

Excellent, I know how you must feel, PC. When I saw Steve Hillage & band play together for the first time in over 20 yrs, last year, and they did the Fish Rising set, you could have shot me through the head, my life was complete!

I'd have liked to have seen both of these events!

Sadly I was out of the country for the Marillion one, so thanks for posting this.  I was stunned when it made front-page news on the BBC news web-site though.  Great publicity for all I suspect.

Cheers

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk