Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41595
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 21:28
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: TV Adverts: Love or hate??
Posted By: Blacksword
Subject: TV Adverts: Love or hate??
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 16:29
I hate them. Completely hate them. I mute the sound, leave the house and run screaming down the street tearing my clothes off, until I'm arrested. Consequently I always miss the rest of the program. I really must get a grip..

Any thoughts?

Replies:
Posted By: VanderGraafKommandöh
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 16:33
BANG! and the dirt is gone.

Cillit bang!

Erm... there's some good one, Andy, such as erm... the old Carling Black Label Dambusters one, the few Stella Artois ones (the adverts are actually better than the lager!) and the ones with reasomably good themes.

One advert (I forget which one), has music done by Mike Ratledge, formerly of Soft Machine.

Generally though, I hate 'em.

-------------

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 16:40
Ooh - I do like that nice man from the Safestyle Windows ad!

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 16:43
You mean Ken Censoreding Morley? Censored

You bar steward, Jim!

Oh, you mean the Bog off guy...

Jim, I now hate you.

-------------

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 16:49
Some are good, some are bad, most are bleugh.

Sometimes it's worth timeslipping a program just so you can skip the Ads.

I quite like the one they have in the USA of the gecko with the cockerney accent - I haven't got a clue what it's for, but 'twas amusing somewhat.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 16:59
That's me that is, Dean.  I am the gecko in those GEICO insurance adverts.

A cockerknee.

Actually, I dislike the cockney accent immensely.

-------------

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 17:03
Sometimes I mute the sound, sometimes I see what's on other channels, sometimes I do nothing. But what do you mean, "something rude"? Surely not Censored? Shocked

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 17:05
Originally posted by Geck0 Geck0 wrote:

You mean Ken Censoreding Morley? CensoredYou bar steward, Jim!Oh, you mean the Bog off guy...Jim, I now hate you.

You buy one, you get one free...

I said..you buy one you get one free!!

I think my problem is that I object to being shouted at by sh!theads trying to sell me crap, when I'm trying to watch my favourite program.

In the UK, we have forgotten how to make funny adverts. These days, humour in our ads usually conists of a man in a suit, doing something that you wouldn't expect a man in a suit to do; singing a silly song, acting in a way deemed to 'whackey' pulling face like a carrier bag in a wind tunnel.

mmm, one for the ranting room, methinks..

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 17:09
has anyone noticed that the volume during ads is generally higher than that of the TV programme you were watching??

I have to say that being as I won't watch ITV on principle (anything that calls itself 'the people's channel' has to be guilty of dumbing down to the lowest common knuckle dragger...gee, Jim Garten could be writing this....Embarrassed) while C4 tends to be restricted to their Evening News and Dispatches... this problem is a relatively small one for me....

...but I tend to switch channels and put on Ceefax instead...

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 17:11
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

yes, its funny how some people think that the general public will buy their goods if you give them a good shouting at....Confused

-------------
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 17:16
The problem I have, is that there's a lot of old BBC shows on Digital, but they're filled with adverts inbetween!

I was watching some old episodes of Coast a while back, only to find it gets interrupted by crappy adverts.

They're not BBC owned though, so I guess they need their funding.

Advert people also select certain adverts for certain programs.

For the football, you'll get beer, car and Lynx adverts.
For Countdown, you'll get walk-in bath, codliver oil, pile cream, stair-lifts adverts and that annoying advert with Joanna Lumley in it (Privelege).
Between soaps, you'll get Cillit Bang, Daz and all those rubbish adverts.

-------------

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 17:18

That's me that is, Dean.  I am the gecko in those GEICO insurance adverts.

A cockerknee.

Actually, I dislike the cockney accent immensely.
having been born with an Estuary accent that living most of my life away from Essex has failed to rid me of and that most people who live north of Hemel Hempstead believe is a cockney accent, I find Cockerney, cockaknee and mockney accents highly amusing - like the one James Marrrrsters adopted as Spike in Buffy.

psuedo-scientific beauty treatment and health food ads get my goat. Angry

-------------
What?

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 17:52
I turn the TV down a wee bit.

But some Ads are GREAT!

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: sleeper
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 18:56
There is occaisionally an amusing advert, but normally I loath them with a passion.

-------------
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Posted By: laplace
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 18:58
I spend too much time looking at THIS idiot box to notice the adverts on the other

-------------
FREEDOM OF SPEECH GO TO HELL

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 18:59
You mean like that terrible one with Lewis Hamilton in, Andy? Wink

-------------

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 22:42
TV shows in general are for brain dead idiots, so why should the ads be any different? Stern%20Smile

Turn the TV off. Put some music on, and read a book!

Or you could watch your houseplants grow -- that will be more intellectually stimulating than the average TV show.

(Don't forget to breathe while you're at it, though.Stern%20Smile)

LOL I heard a good ad tonight, BTW -- some sort of women's beauty lotion: "Look up to eight years younger in 12 days!"  My -- how do they measure these things?Shocked "You look exactly eight years younger, Mary (not nine, though -- that'll be next year's lotion)."

Another one promises hair that is "40% shinier." Such precision! Imagine the top-secret, high-tech equipment they measure these things with! Shocked

LOL There's a sucker born every minute......

-------------
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 22:47
BTW, Crack-scored, where's the "open an artery" option? Confused

Wink

-------------
He chortled in his joy.

Posted By: rileydog22
Date Posted: September 10 2007 at 23:15
If a commercial has really annoyinig music (like that goddamned John Meloncamp song!) I mute it, otherwise I ignore it.  

-------------

Date Posted: September 11 2007 at 05:17
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

has anyone noticed that the volume during ads is generally higher than that of the TV programme you were watching??

I have to say that being as I won't watch ITV on principle (anything that calls itself 'the people's channel' has to be guilty of dumbing down to the lowest common knuckle dragger...gee, Jim Garten could be writing this....Embarrassed) while C4 tends to be restricted to their Evening News and Dispatches... this problem is a relatively small one for me....

...but I tend to switch channels and put on Ceefax instead...

I once heard it claimed, by some ITV bod, that the volume doesn't go up in the ads. But of course you know it does..because it gets louder!!!

They treat us like idiots..    

I am on the verge of making the reluctant swtich over to digital - because I have to - and of course my new set top box wont work with my current ariel. I bought a booster, which doesn't make an iota of difference. I need a new ariel. That'll cost me! I draw the line at getting a SKY dish. If it comes to that, I'll simply go without TV. I'm not giving Rupert Murdoch £30 a month for 100+ channels of dogsh!t, and re-runs of the Vicar of Dibley.

Date Posted: September 11 2007 at 06:52
Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

Turn the TV off. Put some music on, and read a book!

there's a lot of merit in what you say....Wink

-------------

Posted By: andu
Date Posted: September 11 2007 at 06:56
I don't have a TV set, which helps a lot in this matter... Wink

-------------
"PA's own GI Joe!"

Posted By: kazansky
Date Posted: September 11 2007 at 07:04
i usually don't really mind them expect the ones that goes too long and the repetitive ones (somethin' played like three times in a row, seriously what the hell)

-------------
The devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us.

Date Posted: September 11 2007 at 10:46

You mean like that terrible one with Lewis Hamilton in, Andy? Wink

Yes, except the one were he's competeing with Alonso in everything, that ones mildely funny.

-------------

Date Posted: September 11 2007 at 13:39
There's more than one advert with him in?

What's he advertising anyhow? Ermm

-------------

Date Posted: September 11 2007 at 15:03

Santander band, Vodafone, Mercedes. Look for a pic f this years car an count the different names, he's probably been in an add for them all.

-------------

Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 03:53

You mean Ken Censoreding Morley? CensoredYou bar steward, Jim!Oh, you mean the Bog off guy...Jim, I now hate you.

I think my problem is that I object to being shouted at by sh!theads trying to sell me crap, when I'm trying to watch my favourite program.

Don't know what you mean:

I SAY I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!

And as I said once, many moons ago in the Ranting Room, take a Heckler & Koch automatic pistol...

BANG! And the is gone...

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Man Erg
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 04:00
None on the list. I shout at the telly.

Especially that 'Picture' loans advert.

'You can REALLY talk to those people at Picture...'

If those were real people they really should get a life and here's anoth...

-------------

Do 'The Stanley' otherwise I'll thrash you with some rhubarb.

Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 04:11
^^^ it's good to see you all in fighting form this morning, fellas....LOL

-------------

Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 05:09
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

Santander band, Vodafone, Mercedes. Look for a pic f this years car an count the different names, he's probably been in an add for them all.
Nice to see that the folk at Abbey National have discovered how to pronounce Santander at last. Smile

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 07:42
Back to Safestyle Windows, though, when you look at their various marketing campaigns:

And of course...

It is so obvious they are aiming at the higher echelons as regards their marketing demographic... so where do they go wrong???

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: JayDee
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 07:45
It depends on the advert. I love the Jackie Chan Visa Mastercard advertisment. You know, the one that promotes the Beijing Olympics.

-------------

Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 08:56
Cheryl! Heart
Embarrassed

-------------
What?

Posted By: Man Erg
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 09:06

-------------

Do 'The Stanley' otherwise I'll thrash you with some rhubarb.

Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 09:08
Calm down dear, it's only a commercial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Calmdowndear.jpg">Winner%20in%20an%20esure%20advert

-------------
What?

Posted By: darkmatter
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 11:28
I'm not a big fan of commercials, a few of them are OK, but most of them are stupid, idiotic, and pointless.  I guess what I really don't like about some is that the content of the commercial has nothing to do with what is being advertised.  

Posted By: mrcozdude
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 18:12

Adverts actually depress me "CONFUSED!!!!VISIT CONFUSED DOT COM" my reply to the tv "F*#K OFF!"

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/cozfunkel/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: mrcozdude
Date Posted: September 12 2007 at 18:15
Actually i take my comment back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBy67ZUrxQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBy67ZUrxQ

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/cozfunkel/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 05:30
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Don't know what you mean:

I SAY I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!

And as I said once, many moons ago in the Ranting Room, take a Heckler & Koch automatic pistol...

BANG! And the is gone...

Yeah thanks for that, Jim. Just what I need!

Another is that bloody Sheilas Wheels car insurence advert. If I ever see that again, my neighbiour is likely to be hit by a large low flying Philipps, colour TV..

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 07:29
But where else can one go gor a 'Bonza Car Insurance Deal'...?

Insurance?

This is the one currently getting my dander up & making me have inappropriately violent thoughts:

Oooooohh yes!

No

Oooooooooohhhh off!!

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 08:15

But where else can one go gor a 'Bonza Car Insurance Deal'...?

Insurance?

This is the one currently getting my dander up & making me have inappropriately violent thoughts:

Oooooohh yes!

No

Oooooooooohhhh off!!

Do I think I could kick that dog into next week??

Oooooooohhhh yes!!!

It's the idea of a phrase being repeated, gradually getting louder and louder that gets to me. It's like drip torture, and to think there are some people who think this approach to pursuading you to part with money is funny.

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 08:28
You know, Porksword Wink, I tried to "put the kettle on" during an ad once, but I just couldn't get it over my head. Pinch

What would you suggest?

-------------
He chortled in his joy.

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 08:44
have you tried drawing the curtains or perhaps running a bath?

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 09:27

You know, Porksword Wink, I tried to "put the kettle on" during an ad once, but I just couldn't get it over my head. Pinch

What would you suggest?

Depends on the size of the kettle. I would suggest removing the bottom and getting your wife to stand on a stool and quickly 'ram' it down over your head. Covering your ears in vaseline beforehand should minimise serious injury!

Failing that, just fill it with water, plug it into the socket and make a nice cup of tea.

Note: If doing the latter - making tea - it is not advisable to remove the bottom of the kettle first..

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 09:48
although good news might hopefully be at hand...Big%20smile

I heard on Radio 4 this morning that the Financal services industry will be forced to tighten up their lending policies... Stern%20Smile

I'm hoping this will mean a return to the good old days when banks would only lend money to the sections of society who don't need to borrow any...Approve

in turn, this might mean a sharp reduction in the number of inane adverts from companies offering to consolidate Sun reader's debts, loans, credit card bills and hire purchase agreements into one affordable monthly sum...Ermm

(stretching for the next 75 years into the future, with an added clause enabling your children to pick up your debt, once you've been admitted into a nursing home...)...Dead

but for the rest of us, let's hope we just may have seen the last of the chap walking a tightrope, overburdedned with empty white boxes...Pinch

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 09:50

What would you suggest?

Oh come on, Peter...your adverts simply can't be as uniformly inane as ours....Stern%20Smile

(oh hang on a minute...you live in North America, don't you...Embarrassed)

-------------

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 09:56
Jared, perhaps you should see Italian TV ads - though I have to say that the American ones really take the cake in terms of inanity and ridiculousness. Anyway, I have solved the problem by adopting a radical solution... I don't watch TV anymore, at least not when at home in Rome. I watched my fair share when in the US, and the commercials irritated the heck out of me.

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 10:20
^^^ you're far too intelligent to be watching adverts, Raff... didn't you know they erode your brain through osmosis???Wink

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 10:56
There are some good ads (e.g. the new Phil Collins gorilla ad) but I think the ads are remembered more than the product.
For instance, remember that brilliant ad where all the car parts moved in synch - now what car was that for? I don't remember.
It's worse on cable TV, ads every ten minutes (and it's no good changing channel coz they all show them at the same time, it's a conspiracy), but what really annoyed me was Lost (when I used to watch it before Sky disappeared from Virgin). It was only on for 4 minutes then they ran an ad break.

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 11:14
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

For instance, remember that brilliant ad where all the car parts moved in synch - now what car was that for? I don't remember.  Honda (like I'm ever going to buy one...)

what really annoyed me was Lost (when I used to watch it before Sky disappeared from Virgin).  I occasionally watched 'Lost' until it disappeared from Channel 4...

It was only on for 4 minutes then they ran an ad break.  Yeah, I'd quite forgotten how much that used to annoy me, too...

-------------

Posted By: A B Negative
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 11:28
I'm more likely to stop buying a product if the ad's annoying than I am to buy a product if the ad's good.

I stopped drinking Irn Bru ("Iron Brew" - Scotland's other national drink) when they started using that bloody awful Manamana song. Non Scots may not realise how serious this is! 

-------------
"The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar.... Now, that's my idea of a good time."

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 12:44
The one advert that annoys me more than any other, is the that Nationwide one with that guy who seems to be appearing in everything at the moment... he's got to be tight for work, if he's working with Robson Censoreding Greene!

You know the one... the one about Tracker Loans, or something.

ARGHHHHH!

Oh and the original Confused.com advert annoys me too, the new one isn't quite so in-your-face though.

I don't think I've seen Cheryl Baker in Coldseal (they're not Coldseal, I know that) adverts, I must have dozed off when they were on.

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 13:41

...all those ads with ex-deputy chef constable John Stalker and his mangey mutt advertising everything from electric garage doors to double glazing & patio awnings. Angry

..Carol Vorderman AngryAngry

...Katy Hill's sparkly white teeth AngryAngryAngry

...Nadine Baggot and her flamming http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pentapeptides%20 - pentapeptides AngryAngryAngryAngry

...and Carol Vorderman again because you really can have too much Carol Effing Vorderman  AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 13:55
Nadine Baggot?  How on earth do you know her name?  I've never heard of her.

Is that ex-Blue Peter Katie Hill you speak of?

ARRGGHHH!

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 14:01

Nadine Baggot?  How on earth do you know her name?  I've never heard of her.

Is that ex-Blue Peter Katie Hill you speak of?

ARRGGHHH!
Because she says her name at the beginning of every bloody ad and 'cos I live in a house where UK TV fr!gg!ng Gold is hardwired into the remote which my daughter hides so I can't change the channel I hear the damn thing a dozen times a day and the whole psuedo-science mailto:cr@p - cr@p gets right up my nose!!!!!!!!!Angry

ah-hum.

Yes, that Katy Hill Stern%20Smile

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 16:37
This thread should be linked directly to the ranting room.

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 16:45

this thread is not Rant-Related but is Crossover-Rant and hence is a valid sub-genre of the Ranting Room Stern%20Smile

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:00
Originally posted by darqdean darqdean wrote:

this thread is not Rant-Related but is Crossover-Rant and hence is a valid sub-genre of the Ranting Room Stern%20Smile

Hence the link between the two, therfore we can complain about adverts to our hearts content safe in the knowledg that its in the right place.

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:10

although some of the Grey Room regulars are old enough to have been in at the development of Proto-Rant...Wink

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:45
Some were even here before proto-ranting!

That was of course, in the days when heiroglyths were written on cave walls.

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:48
and the younger ones are Ranting In Opposition Tongue

-------------
What?

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:49

The hieroglyphs are when the advertisements were just for Buffalos, not Buffalo Wild Wings (a restaurant chain here in the U.S. or at least in Michigan which I constantly see advertisements for.  Some are actually kind of funny, but oversaturation to its fullest).LOL

-------------

Posted By: laplace
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:50
Those guys don't mind commercials so much, but they get pretty snippy about party political broadcasts...

-------------
FREEDOM OF SPEECH GO TO HELL

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:52
This is a party political broadcast by the RIO/Avant-Prog team:

You all need to listen to Henry Cow!

That was a party political broadcast by the RIO/Avant-prog team.

Yes, I can see that is quite annoying, actually. LOL

-------------

Posted By: Bj-1
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 17:59

There's so many sucky commercials out there, not to mention dubbed ones. Oh, I hate those!

Of course, if it's well made and at least adds some interesting stuff in it, then it's watchable, but also they get weared out after a while. I usually talk to the people I am with or change channel though, and if im in my room I just play some drums in the meantime.

-------------
RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
http://www.last.fm/music/Exerior" rel="nofollow - EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 18:03
Aggh! All those badly dubbed Johnson & Johnson (a family company) ads - why? In the UK they dub the American Ads into English and they still can't lip-sync or get the volume balanced properly.

Bring back Shake'n'Vac

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 18:07

Aggh! All those badly dubbed Johnson & Johnson (a family company) ads - why? In the UK they dub the American Ads into English and they still can't lip-sync or get the volume balanced properly.

Bring back Shake'n'Vac

Or those inane Fairy Liquid adverts with that woman I've forgotten the name of. Big%20smile

Infact, I've seen dubbed adverts for English products... like that Credit Card lot... their early adverts were always dubbed.

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 18:11

Bring back Shake'n'Vac

Or those inane Fairy Liquid adverts with that woman I've forgotten the name of. Big%20smile

Infact, I've seen dubbed adverts for English products... like that Credit Card lot... their early adverts were always dubbed.
Or the Churchill ads were they used a Vic Reeves sound-a-like that sounded nothing like him.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 18:21
I thought Churchill the dog's voice was originally done by Mark Radcliffe?

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 18:35

I thought Churchill the dog's voice was originally done by Mark Radcliffe?
The dog was Bob Mortimer, Vic Reeves did the "customer".

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 18:45
I'm sure it was Mark Ratcliffe... I even remember him commenting on it, I'm sure!

Perhaps I'm wrong.  I'll Giggleswick it.

-------------

Posted By: Kid-A
Date Posted: September 13 2007 at 18:59
How can you possibly love adverts? They don't even make funny ones any more!
I like the old Fosters and Budweiser and Guiness adverts. But the new ones aren't funny.

-------------

Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 03:55

I live in a house where UK TV fr!gg!ng Gold is hardwired into the remote which my daughter hides so I can't change the channel I hear the damn thing a dozen times a day and the whole psuedo-science cr@p gets right up my nose

Oh Jeez yes - the pseudo science; stick an out of work actor in a white coat & the wobbling masses assume he's a scientist, knows what he's talking about and therefore is one to be taken notice of.

What actually are pentapeptides?

Does hand cream actually need "ginger in its purest form"?

On a toothpaste advert, do we actually need "light adjusted to highlight clinical situation"??

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: A B Negative
Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 03:58
"Gives the appearance of a mild lifting effect"

-------------
"The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar.... Now, that's my idea of a good time."

Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 05:23
"80% visibly longer lashes"

!!!

Only when I find my cat'o'nine-tails Evil%20Smile

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 05:32

I live in a house where UK TV fr!gg!ng Gold is hardwired into the remote which my daughter hides so I can't change the channel I hear the damn thing a dozen times a day and the whole psuedo-science cr@p gets right up my nose

Oh Jeez yes - the pseudo science; stick an out of work actor in a white coat & the wobbling masses assume he's a scientist, knows what he's talking about and therefore is one to be taken notice of.

What actually are pentapeptides?

On a toothpaste advert, do we actually need "light adjusted to highlight clinical situation"??

Regenium, anyone? Perhaps some 'Active Liposomes' or 'Absorbant Nanospheres'??

I envy people with hair. I long to cover my bonce in 'Pro - V'

Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 07:16

A couple of days ago, I was cleaning the showers, and found a small bottle of body lotion that had been left behind.

The label said 'Sea Kelp'

...my thoughts exactly....LOL

-------------

Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 07:18

Do you think someone in their marketing dept was having a dig? I so hope so.

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Yukorin
Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 08:30

[QUOTE=darqdean]

The lovely Nanette Newman of The Stepford Wives, Let It Bleed, and hands that do dishes fame

-------------

Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 12:38
Nanette Newman, yes, that's her name.  I wonder she's up to now?

Also, the Oxo woman... I've forgotten her name too, but she was in Confessions Of... A Driving Instructor in the 1970s. LOL

-------------

Posted By: The Miracle
Date Posted: September 14 2007 at 14:17
I don't even watch TV anymore, the only times I do is when I'm slacking off at work sitting in the break room, and then I just sit through them.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/ocellatedgod" rel="nofollow - last.fm

Date Posted: September 15 2007 at 13:18
I'm quite surprised my 'fave' hasn't been mentioned....

http://www.dazwhite.co.uk/tvspots.html - http://www.dazwhite.co.uk/tvspots.html #

...for those of you who haven't yet visited 'Cleaner Close'.....Dead

-------------

Posted By: cacha71
Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 17:50
TV commercials...  the ultimate insult to intelligence, surpassed only by radio commercialsAngry

-------------
http://www.last.fm/group/Progressive+Folk

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk