Print Page | Close Window

Orphaned Land

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
Forum Description: Make or seek recommendations and discuss specific prog albums
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43539
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 09:57
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Orphaned Land
Posted By: sean
Subject: Orphaned Land
Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 15:29
I've listened to all of the samples on the website of this israeli prog/folk metal band, and i was wondering what would be the best album to start off with, and what are the main differences in style between each album.

Replies:
Posted By: ProgBagel
Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 19:40
Mabool for sure. If you're looking for something different and unique, this band is certainly one of the ones I would recommend...just don't expect to be absolutely blown away.

Mabool deserves the rating it gets.

Posted By: heyitsthatguy
Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 19:44
I always can't make it through the album because it reminds me too much of Opeth for some reason

my opinion though

I'll second what ProgBagel said and say go with "Mabool"...some pretty solid musicanship on the album. Apparently Steve Wilson is going to produce their next album

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 23:44
Originally posted by heyitsthatguy heyitsthatguy wrote:

I always can't make it through the album because it reminds me too much of Opeth for some reason

my opinion though

I'll second what ProgBagel said and say go with "Mabool"...some pretty solid musicanship on the album. Apparently Steve Wilson is going to produce their next album

i heard about steven wilson producing the new one, that's how i came to know them. from reviews i've read, people say they're good  but haven't quite fulfilled their potential,and if that is the case i'm hoping steven wilson can help them do so, i like his approach to recording and i love the sounds and tones he is able to get out of instruments.

Posted By: Norbert
Date Posted: November 17 2007 at 07:48
 Mabool is everything I know by them, and it's pretty good.

Posted By: ProgBagel
Date Posted: November 17 2007 at 14:51
Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

I always can't make it through the album because it reminds me too much of Opeth for some reasonmy opinion thoughI'll second what ProgBagel said and say go with "Mabool"...some pretty solid musicanship on the album. Apparently Steve Wilson is going to produce their next album
i heard about steven wilson producing the new one, that's how i came to know them. from reviews i've read, people say they're good  but haven't quite fulfilled their potential,and if that is the case i'm hoping steven wilson can help them do so, i like his approach to recording and i love the sounds and tones he is able to get out of instruments.

Thats new news to me, I like just about all the stuff he is in.

Date Posted: November 17 2007 at 14:56
Originally posted by ProgBagel ProgBagel wrote:

Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

I always can't make it through the album because it reminds me too much of Opeth for some reasonmy opinion thoughI'll second what ProgBagel said and say go with "Mabool"...some pretty solid musicanship on the album. Apparently Steve Wilson is going to produce their next album

Thats new news to me, I like just about all the stuff he is in.

i'm quite a fan of his as well, so i'm hoping he can get the best out of this band, like he did with opeth.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk