Print Page | Close Window

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin on UK TV

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44069
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 03:51
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin on UK TV
Posted By: Easy Livin
Subject: Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin on UK TV
Date Posted: December 04 2007 at 13:47
Led Zeppelin
Monday 10th December, Channel 4, 11:50pm - Live Madison Square Garden 1973 (30 minutes, repeated Wednesday on More4).

Pink Floyd
Wednesday 12 December, BBC1 10:45pm - The Pink Floyd Story: Which one's Pink? (1 hour)

Replies:
Posted By: Abstrakt
Date Posted: December 04 2007 at 13:49
Is it an edited version of the full live set, or an edited version of the song remains the same movie (that is heavily edited from the full set)?

Posted By: erik neuteboom
Date Posted: December 07 2007 at 12:15

Hello fellow Floydians.

Additional information to Bob his post:

On Wednesday 12th December the BBC1 will broadcast a Pink Floyd docu entitled "Which one's Pink?"

Time:

UK: 2245-2345

Holland: 2345-0045

Have fun Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Frippertron
Date Posted: December 09 2007 at 14:04

I think I have seen this Floyd doc.

The BBC have already shown 2 Floyd docs, as well as a doc on Progressive Rock.

Gawd bless em guv!

Nice to see my licence fee going to good use Clap

-------------
The Cheerful Insanity of Prog Rock

Posted By: The Wizard
Date Posted: December 09 2007 at 14:15
They've had cool documentaries on Hawkwind and The Fall too.

-------------

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: December 12 2007 at 02:59
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/listings/programme.shtml?day=today&service_id=4223&filename=20071212/20071212_2245_4223_5082_60 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/listings/programme.shtml?day=today&service_id=4223&filename=20071212/20071212_2245_4223_5082_60

Could be worth a look though...

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: December 12 2007 at 09:03
Thanks Jim, I am looking forward to see that Pink Floyd docu this evening, I hope for some rare live footage.

Posted By: Frippertron
Date Posted: December 13 2007 at 07:08
It was ok, a lot of stuff I already knew (except for the Moon Landing music). Well, when I say Moon Landing, of course it was set in a studio.

The Zep stuff was from the Led Zep DVD.

-------------
The Cheerful Insanity of Prog Rock

Date Posted: December 13 2007 at 10:03
It was a decent Pink Floyd docu but nothing special (I mean no previously unreleased live footage), the final part was interesting because it showed the positive emotions from the band members that everything was OK again after Roger Waters his unpleasant, almost sociopathic behaviour since The Wall and the following problems between him and the other band members Ouch But end good, all good during the Live 8 performance Approve

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: December 14 2007 at 12:25
I stopped watching the Floyd documentary as soon as Geldof came on and started going on in his usual condascending way about Prog rock being an English middle class thing.Ouch Presumably I should just shrivel up and die or crawl under a rock eh Bob?Ermm

Posted By: the_id
Date Posted: December 15 2007 at 21:12
On the same night as the Pink Floyd documentary, channel 5 had a documentary on the  all girl prog pop band The Spice Girls. Apparently it took 1 hour to aknowledge what the world knew all along.....only the money makers and hard of hearing wanted the spice girls to reform to mime and dance (?).

From the ridiculous to the sublime.............SP to PF

-------------
Why apologize? There is no great shame in thinking you are right.

Posted By: Jorvik
Date Posted: December 21 2007 at 21:29
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I stopped watching the Floyd documentary as soon as Geldof came on and started going on in his usual condascending way about Prog rock being an English middle class thing.Ouch Presumably I should just shrivel up and die or crawl under a rock eh Bob?Ermm

I'd forgotten about that bit. What stuck in my mind was part of the voiceover, which seemed to me to be to the effect that Pink  Floyd founded prog, prog was crap and stupid, but Floyd aren't crap and stupid, as if they were some sort of acceptable face of prog, because they weren't, even though they were because they single-handedly founded the movement, yeah but no but...

It was only a single sentence, so I shouldn't make mountains out of molehills, but I bet someone thought it was a good place to subtly stick the boot in.

I think I might even have shouted the words "In the court of the Crimson King" and "Moody Blues" at the television

-------------
I ljuset från min lykta
ser jag skuggan utav sorg
drömmar som har slocknat
ifrån ett liv som haft sin tid          

Posted By: salmacis
Date Posted: December 22 2007 at 16:40
What was actually said was that with 'Echoes' Pink Floyd had created prog rock, and 'unwittingly, its later excesses'. Which, completely disregarding that second bit, is woefully inaccurate anyway, IMHO- they could have technically said the same about 'Atom Heart Mother' from a year earlier (and parts of that are more 'excessive' or self indulgent than any of 'Echoes' is, IMHO) but that would still have been wrong. Could have done without Geldof's reminiscences of his 70s opinions too but at least he was prepared to admit he was wrong about Floyd...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk